Avis clients sur Abacus Private Cloud

En savoir plus sur Abacus Private Cloud

Pérennisez votre cabinet en tirant parti de l'infrastructure évolutive et de la sécurité des données de bout en bout d'Abacus Private Cloud.

En savoir plus sur Abacus Private Cloud

It's ease of use, and the multiple functions you can utilize in the software.

Locked in long term contracts. Clunky difficult to use features.

Abacus Private Cloud - Notes

3,8
3,7
3,8
3,4

Abacus Private Cloud a reçu une note globale de 3,7 étoiles sur 5 d'après 114 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Classer par

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Abacus Private Cloud ?

Services juridiques, Auto-entrepreneur

ABACUS PRIVATE CLOUD - EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY, RELIABILITY & SERVICE

Commentaires : This platform outsources office computing (in my case, for a law office) to a proven, trusted vendor that provides excellent customer service, reliability and stability. This enables smaller companies (like mine) to take advantage of economies of scale; and achieve levels of quality, security and dependability in their computing network that otherwise would be to costly if done with local servers and IT support. This is a truly game-changing platform; professionally implemented
by a company of top notch network and data center experts. I am completely satisified with Abacus Private Cloud.

I have used Abacus Private Cloud since 06/14. Reliability, connectivity, uptime, and customer support are excellent. I eliminated local server hardware, local IT support, and local backups. My decision to go with with Abacus Private Cloud was the best decision I have made in 20 years of using computers in my law office.

Seriously, i have not found any downsides to this platform.

Jennifer
Business manager (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées :

Fantastic cloud product

Commentaires : I am very pleased with this product.

I was worried about transitioning all of our data to the cloud but could not be more pleased with this product. I especially love the ability to work from any computer anywhere. The product is stable and reliable.

There were some things that did not transfer from our prior legal software but the important things all transferred.

Janet
Comptabilité, 2-10 employés

Poor experience(s), plural, long support waits, inflexibility, you have better solutions for Lacerte

Commentaires : I could see a 20 CPA firm who are growing and need the CRM to track clients and contacts using this and it not being too costly, but it is to costly in both price and downtime due to long support hold time to be a good partner for 1 to 10 CPA/tax preparer businesses.

Years ago OfficeTools was a way to share client contact information with employees, and integrate a billing system and CRM, but now there is much better competition out there for the cost they charge. Now I will use Right Networks' secure hosting solution for Lacerte, combined with SmartVault for storage for a one-stop cloud based remote work environment with 24 x 7 live support compared to AbacusNext.

Wow, where do I start? It is NOT meant for very small businesses like mine as I have downsized over the years, and AbacusNext has proven very inflexible with my request to terminate a very short time after an unannounced autorenewal. I asked to terminate and they said I had (unknown to me) just autorenewed and there was "nothing they could do," I would be forced to pay for a full year of full service. I mentioned an employee told me in writing I could change my service lineup slightly and save $200-$300/month just a few months earlier. Very boor business policies from sales. Prepare yourself for very long support hold times which will be interruptive to doing business, and then long times on the phone with tech support while they try to handle your issues. If you use Lacerte and host it with them, the cost of the time you will lose to waiting while your system access is down for any reason, or to sit through a Lacerte update at a busy time, as just two examples, will outweigh any benefit compared to their competitors. It is awful. You, you will spend 20 minutes to sometimes 45 minute to work with IT once you reach them. The IT personnel are great, they are not the issue, once you get them "live" on the phone (for 20 to 45 minutes).

Zuhairah
Zuhairah
Marketing Communications Specialist (Malaisie)
Internet, 5 001-10 000 employés

Private cloud for a business

The critical thing for us was that our consumers could quickly enter into the Cloud and retrieve their program - and that we can log in and see what they're doing if they get stuck. We don't have to go to each client location. The tech support staff is fantastic and delightful!

When our clients are unable to log in, we appear to be experiencing the same issue. The Cloud becomes frozen and can't even open for anybody if enough of our customer's log out incorrectly. This problem appears to be solvable in some way. In addition, the Cloud seems to be a little pricey.

Lynn
Manager (É.-U.)

Support, Support, Support!

Commentaires : We are not thrilled but I have not found another provider to house all the software that we use. The search will continue and we will be out when our contract is up

After you get a support person, the support is very good. They can always fix our problem

Password resets Lacerte updates To be told to complete a support ticket, when my work depends on getting help with a problem, is very frustrating. I just have to shut down and quit working. Other practitioners just laugh at the price that we are paying for Abacus.

Greg
General Manager (É.-U.)
Construction, 11-50 employés

Software=Yes / Service = Could be Better

Commentaires : The software has functioned very well. Very few problems. The service side of the business really needs some improving. Many times calling in to the help line can easily take up to 20 minutes of holding or longer before a tech can assist me. The online portal is getting better with more available actions but still many times the need to talk to a tech is required. Adding users has taken up to 7 days for me. The service problem is my main disappointment with AbacusNext.

I like the ease of access and security of this program.

It is very locked down. Not able to easily update QuickBooks or other programs because of security settings.

Izzy
Legal Assistant (É.-U.)

Great Fast and Easy

Commentaires : Great, Amazing experience

It's really easy to use simple and fast it has access to so much information

We cannot have certain software updates on apps we use because they're not compatible

Russell
Russell

Stay away at all costs!

1,0 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : Absolutely dreadful. The worst experience I have ever had with any company in 20+ years of business. I am stuck in a contract paying hundreds of dollars per month for an unusable piece of garbage.

The sales pitch is a managed, hosted VM environment with integrated technical support.

The VMS are completely unusable - slow, buggy, bogged down when anyone is running anything. No one can get any work done due to excessive lag. Many, many support tickets have been opened and no resolution has been given. I eventually gave up after 6 months and stopped trying to use it. Unfortunately I am stuck with a 5 year contract and so still have to pay. They tout 24/7 support. We called several times after hours and were told to leave a message and someone would call back. Not. One. Time. did anyone call me back. Having to call in for help every time we need to install an update is a huge annoyance.

DAniel
Controller/IT (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 51-200 employés

Happy about the effort and response.

Commentaires : A roller coaster ride. There are good and bad things about this set up and company. I know they went through some growing pains themselves and we road along with them. I fee like they are heading in the right directions and making progress.

It is cloud based Uses the remote desktop system Creates a remote environment to function in. Security Support response has been getting better each year.

The overall cost is twice as much as everyone else. The control over the Office 365 account makes it difficult to efficiently function with our growing company. There have been features with the office 365 account that we would like to explore but can't because of the lack of control we have over the account. The constant issues that come up where the issue is tied to server resources or the lack there of. After two years I would hope the server needs were more dialed in. I also don't get the feeling that anyone takes the time to understand a 3rd party software. We use Lacerte, along with "1000" other clients, and there doesn't seem to be a Lacerte expert nor is there a partnership with Intuit to install it correctly in a terminal server environment. I have had 4 different people install lacerte it different ways (on the X drive, on the C drive, on a separate SSD drive,)

Anne
Services juridiques, 2-10 employés

Easy file sharing and information retrieval

Commentaires : Positive. It allows us to keep records on a large number of clients and files and to allow anyone in the office to retrieve the file. We are now able to retrieve 12 years of file information at the click of a mouse. Being able to view the calendar and files when we are cut off from the physical office is a wonderful perk.

We started with Abacus back in 2008 and switched to the Private Cloud about 4 years ago. Our office is on a barrier island in Florida so the Cloud made sense to us. We are able to work from home after evacuation orders are in place (until we loose power and internet) and don't have to worry about whether our backups are in a safe place -- all our information is safe and available to us through remote access. We love the fact we can open any client's file from any workstation and answer their questions. No more running around looking for a physical file before we can help them.

Lag times. On a normal in-office day everything usually runs fine. Except when the internet is down. Then all work grinds to a halt. When working offsite there can be a lag or delay that can get irritating. We also have several office staff members who are resistant to training and do not use it to its full ability. The same staff members are highly critical when glitches occur.

Douglas

Long Time User

Commentaires : Abacus Private Cloud allows me to do what I do best, provide quality service to my clients. I don't have to think about the software. I have my contacts, my notes, my calendar, all at my fingertips without having to tell a client, "please hold on while I get your file". I am organized and know where everything is without having to "fret". I absolutely enjoy using Abacus.

I have been a customer of Abacus for over twenty years. I first started with the company before the Abacus Private Cloud. One of the things that I loved about Abacus was their support. They could and would resolve any problem immediately. When Abacus began servicing customers with the cloud, things became even better. There is nothing better than to simply turn on your computer, go remote and know that all of your work is backed up, protected and accessible.

The software has a billing component to it. When it first came out, it was unworkable and I opted out of the billing. I don't know whether it has improved and//or whether the "bugs" have been worked out.

il y a 3 ans

Hi Douglas, Thank you so much for your feedback! We love hearing that firms are finding so much success with our APC environment. Would you be interested in being a featured customer story? Please let me know if you are interested! Natalie Lara The AbacusNext Marketing Team

Attorney (É.-U.)

Safe and easy

Commentaires : The main benefit is the safety and security of our data. Knowing it won't be lost no matter what happens to my computer, and knowing there are smart tech people a phone call away to fix whatever goes wrong, is invaluable to me.

We've been using the Abacus Private Cloud for about a year now and it has been an excellent service. Very easy to use and adaptable to the programs we use. What I like most though is that our client data is safe. We share office space with a firm that does not use Abacus Private Cloud and they recently were the victims of a ransomware attack where all of their data was seized. They elected not to pay the ransom and subsequently lost ALL of their data. While no system can ever be totally secure, I sleep much better at night knowing that our data is as secure as it can be. I purchased a new computer two weeks ago and called the Abacus support to get my new computer onto the cloud network. They had me installed and up and running in about 2 minutes. I really couldn't ask for better service.

I don't have any cons worth mentioning right now. No software is perfect for every application but abacus does everything I need right now.

LAURA
Manager (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 11-50 employés

Promises made, not kept

Commentaires : I would not recommend it for a multi-office accounting firm. The concept is great if it works. I would definitely talk to a tech person, not the sales person, before even considering the switch. In addition, if there is any hesitancy on their end about a program, etc..., I would not go with them. They have a problem with the right hand knowing what the left hand has promised and they drop off the face of the earth when they don't know what to do to assist you with a problem.

The transition was mostly smooth but there were a couple of programs that we could not get to work on the cloud. It was nice having (mostly) all programs in one place for access because we have two offices that are dependent of each other for data purposes but we could access the other office data if needed.

Abacus knew everything about our firm at the outset, even before we signed the contract, and yet they did not allow enough resources (processing power) for us to work efficiently. The programs always had some lag to them and we could never find the right person to address our issues. We went through a tax season with minimal support and slow programs and their answer ended up being not enough resources and a hefty price tag to get us up to where we should have been in the first place, but they just wanted to make the sale. We were assigned a person as our liason and most often we would not get a response when reaching out to them, so we would reach out to our sales person and basically anyone who would listen just trying to get help. Both of our office's internet speeds were over what was required, so that was not our issue. We feel like we were talked into something to make the sale, then we were put on the back burner and not provided what we were promised. We purchased early September and promised to be up and running by end of October and by the we were not fully functional yet in January. Granted we have a good many programs, but again, it was all provided to them up front and they guaranteed it would not be a problem. We cut ties the following October, after working in it for 1 tax season and not getting the results we needed to run efficiently without a large additional monthly outflow.

Travis
Comptabilité, Auto-entrepreneur

Great IT Service for remote accounting firm

Commentaires : I now have a secure form of communication with my clients and one stop place to work and deliver my work to clients as well.

I needed an IT service that provided security and complete resources for my business and they provided an excellent comprehensive package with security.

The learning curve was the hardest to get used to but I found it very fluid once I got the hang of all the integrations.

il y a 3 ans

Hi Travis, Thank you so much for your feedback! We love hearing that firms are finding so much success with our solutions. Would you be interested in being a featured customer story? Please let me know if you are interested! Natalie Lara The AbacusNext Marketing Team

Victoria

Abacus Private Cloud

Commentaires : Abacus Private Cloud was easy to navigate, and easy to customize to your needs. I preferred it over some other companies legal software. I would recommend it for someone who wants more detailed file keeping.

I liked that we could customize the fields. When working on a file, we could have all important details on the first page of the matter and retrieve the information fast.

Saving documents to the cloud was often time consuming. You would have to save it and pull it into the matter. It also wasn't as advanced as some of the other products I've seen. It did it's job though.

Worth Peace of Mind

Commentaires : I researched several IT options when setting up my accounting firm, and Abacus Private Cloud kept coming up as the overall best solution. My entire team can securely work anywhere there is an internet connection. The set-up was smooth and the professionals at APC were super patient and helpful. Four months later when COVID-19 hit, we were ahead of our peers when offices shut down and folks scrambled to work remotely. So thankful I made the right decision to go with Abacus Private Cloud.

As a CPA, I can not put a price tag on the IT security of my accounting practice. With Abacus Private Cloud, I have peace of mind knowing that the best IT professionals and security are protecting my livelihood. The fact that we have support 24/7 works great with our long hours, too.

Expensive but worth it. Once I analyzed the cost of an in-house IT professional on payroll, Abacus Private Cloud was clearly more affordable.

Amy
Paralegal (É.-U.)

Product is easy and self explanatory

Commentaires : Makes life easier to be able to access from the cloud.

Makes my job easier. Easy to learn software. The system allows all the tools I need to use to be in one central location, whether it is contact information, calendar, emails, notes, etc. I love the Abacus Private Cloud. It allows me and my employer access to our information from anywhere we are. I have not had any issues with the software and we have it installed on my bosses laptop, smartphone and desktop.

Text is small, but that could be that I haven't figure out to make it larger in the settings. Sometimes when accessing our network from the cloud it tends to run a little slower.

Réponse de l'équipe de Abacus Data Systems

il y a 5 ans

Hi Amy, Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that the software makes your job easier and you found it easy to learn. We're thrilled to have you as a customer and look forward to continuing our partnership. Best, The AbacusNext Team

Cecilia
Attorney (É.-U.)

Love the Concept

Commentaires : I have increased productivity by using the cloud. Having all information stored and readily accessible has saved time which in turn makes money.
Customer service is typically very good but occasionally I have been dissatisfied at hold times.

I like the idea of having all my information in one place and an immediate backup in case of a catastrophe.

The connection is to slow. There is a delay in typing a document in my word processing. I have to wait several minutes at times for programs to open. I do not like that there is an expiration of connection throughout the day when idle. I have already exceeded the storage package I purchased, so cost continue to rise.

Lori
Legal Assistant (É.-U.)
Cabinet d'avocats, 11-50 employés

Great Software

Commentaires : Overall satisfied.

Lots of great features. Great organization of client info.

Tends to disconnect on a daily basis. Not out for very long but still frustrating.

il y a 3 ans

Hi Lori, Thank you so much for your feedback! We love hearing that firms are finding so much success with our solutions. Would you be interested in being a featured customer story? Please let me know if you are interested! Natalie Lara The AbacusNext Marketing Team

Shannon
Certified Managing Paralegal (É.-U.)
Cabinet d'avocats, 11-50 employés

Our firm is a long term client of abacus. We love the APC version of the product.

Commentaires : Flexibility and productivity

Flexibility is key. The APC allows us to work from anywhere, at any time, and make changes on the fly if needed. Our designated APC support TAM is very responsive and helps our firm be more productive.

The APC can sometimes be a little slow since access is generally impacted by internet speeds and how your system may interact with the product.

Jaymie
Office Manager (É.-U.)
Cabinet d'avocats, 2-10 employés

Easy, intuitive, keeps us on track. Customer support is awesome, friendly, so helpful!

Commentaires : Organization

Everything! Including the support. Abacus is always 2 steps ahead with functions we didn't even know we needed but makes our work so much easier!

Seems a little slow sometimes. There seems to be a lag for the cloud to send the signal to print. Also we can email large file attachments. Not sure if this is an Abacus problem though.

Susan
Office Manager (É.-U.)
Services juridiques, 2-10 employés

Abacus Review

Commentaires : I know where every account stands with their financial status at all times, and can just check the notes to see the latest on the events in the case.

Abacus is extremely user friendly, and the ability to access so much information with the click of a key is awesome.

When there are upgrades, we have a lot of problems getting the kinks worked out.

William
Managing Partner (É.-U.)
Cabinet d'avocats, 2-10 employés

Printing large PDFs slow; many technical problems which may times take very long to get resolved.

Handles both firm management and accounting; Ability to link matters, messenger capability; shared calendar

Technical problems-many of which remain open; cost; tech support has been spotty; lack of client portal; no consultation with users in coming up with new features.

Cynthia
managing partner (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 2-10 employés

Our experience overall has been positive.

What we have enjoyed the most with APC is their customer service. The technicians that we have dealt with have been dedicated to finding a solution. If they could not fix something immediately, they have worked on it after our phone call and called me back. I have had a call back on an issue 3 days later to make sure the problem was still resolved. The technicians have been courteous, resourceful, and quick to respond.

At times the system has been slow to respond. It feels like you are working through molasses as you wait for a response. APC and Office Tools don't always seem to talk to each other. I have an issue with my Quickbooks software that has not been resolved since we got on the system almost 6 months ago. Although I am happy that the technician has called and tried a few options over the weeks, it seems like it should be resolved by now. It does not seem to be a complex issue.

josh
associate attorney (É.-U.)

Review for Abacus Private Cloud

Its ability to set up files with macros stemming from case files and trigger dates.

The inability to make a nicely flowing timeline to do list, which is not tied down to specific dates.