Uberwriter Review

Publié le 11/01/2019
Barb B.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall the experience with Uberwriter has been very beneficial and has been a great tool in underwriting files.

Avantages: The income report is easy to read for both me and loan officers or processors that may need to read them. The layout of the input is great and follows most paystubs and tax returns for self employed borrowers.

Inconvénients: a bit cumbersome to start, but now that the learning curve is over it is good. There are only 3 true cons that I can think of, when you are inputting SSI, pension that type of income, Uberwriter defaults to grossing up which isn't used in all cases. For properties on the REO, if you have to delete an entry, it doesn't actually delete the entry you chose, but the one immediately below it and leaves the one you meant to delete. When you are inputting information that may have a tip that pops up in Uberwriter, it comes up every time you put data into that field. For example, other expenses under REOs when they have HOA dues. Not too much of an issue when there is only 1 or 2 other REOS, but when you have many more like 32 (yes that really happened) that is 64 times you have to click ok to acknowledge the message that pops up.

Excellent Underwriting Tool

Tammy B.
Government Underwriter III
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I am in underwriting and I have noticed a marked improvement in the accuracy of the income figures calculated by the front-end staff. They are being warned when their income trends are of concern, are given recommended income to use for qualifying, and are told when they are entering figures in a field that is not typically used.

Avantages: I like the option to pick my loan product, the ability to annualize variable income types, the comparitive analysis and solvency calculator. I appreciate the pop-up warning boxes when entering things in the "less common" fields - it is a great reminder to all of our processing staff to double check what they are adding.

Inconvénients: I dislike the fact that when using certain income options for 1065 or 1120S companies, the corporate income (depreciation, amortization, etc) do not calculate into the total and we have to do that manually. I also think it is odd that the software has rounding issues - sometimes the income is off by 1 cent, so we have to select "user override" and type the amount in that field in order for the total to be accurate.

Great for new and seasoned underwriters

Publié le 18/01/2019
Kimberly S.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The team at Uberwriter are extremely responsive and great to work with. They keep up with the guideline changes made by all of the agencies and update the income calculator quickly. Because things can change a good bit, having the changes in red with the guide reference is extremely helpful. There is no kind of income that can not be consistently calculated with Uberwriter, regardless of the users experience level.

Inconvénients: The only changes I would like to see made in Uberwriter are a net income calculator by state for VA loans, a calculator built in for more accurate percentage of non-taxable earnings when grossing up this type of income, and possibly an option for 80/20 meals & entertainment for over the road truck drivers. Overall, there is nothing I don't like about using Uberwriter. Keep up the great work!

January 2019

Tom B.
Director, Post-Closing Quality Assurance
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great evidence we thoroughly reviewed the income and debt portion of the loan file. So far every outside auditors have been impressed with our files.

Avantages: Easy to use.
Follows agency guidelines.
System and income warnings appear to be updated regularly.
Tutorials available to staff.
Income trending - Makes it easy to compare to agency guidelines. Might consider including the income trending graph on/in the output.

Inconvénients: Because we are post-closing, all our review documents are converted to a PDF and saved to a individual borrowers file. Sometimes the printed material on the report will be split between two pages. Also, at times there is a lot of pages printed with no information on them. Example - File number 457480/loan number 0922193901

Best Tool in the Mortgage Business

Publié le 24/04/2019
Mortgage Loan Officer
Immobilier, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: 100% satisfied and will be looking to purchasing a subscription at my new company.

Avantages: I can't stop raving about Uberwriter. Way better than LoanBeam, way better than any FNMA/FHLMC excel tool. When I left my previous company the only thing I missed was Uberwriter. It's easy to use and most importantly if you look at what it does, you can learn how it calculates income so you can speak to it better. It handles everything on the taxes from Corp Income to Real Estate- anything on your Schedule E. And my favorite it calculates liquidity on balance sheets.

Inconvénients: It was all great! May take a few tries to get it figured out but it's intuitive and easy to use after that.

Income calculations

Samad S.
Senior Associate
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It is very useful to train the new underwriters and in case of any update or complicated situations provided video works great in solving the doubts.

Avantages: It is very easy to calculate the income on uberwriter and the beautiful thing is you will get a detailed report generated which you and further reviewer of the loan can check.

Inconvénients: It gets like a processing work mostly in rental income calculation.Underwriter always love the reverse calculation in rental income starting from the net rental income and then adding back the insurance,taxes, interest, and depreciation etc.

UberWriter - Amazing underwriting tool!

Kushal B.
QC Associate
Immobilier, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: UberWriter is one of 'The Best' product I have ever used in my career in the Mortgage Industry.

Avantages: The ease of use is no match with other sheets or software used anywhere in this industry. Additionally, it is helpful in taking an appropriate decision in terms of income as it minimizes errors and provides helpful pop up which indeed helps a lender avoid repurchases.

Inconvénients: There are no cons for this; however, the navigation can be improved further. Summary of borrower and co-borrower income can be placed side by side followed up by detailed analysis .

Uber Writer = Income analysis + Easy

Jean M.
Mortgage Analyst
Banque, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This software helps us with compliance especially with regard to fair lending. It helps my lenders ensure that they look at income on every loan the same way.

Avantages: I love that it consistently updates to the changes in rules and regulations for representatives. I love that I know that my income calculations will be the same no matter who on our team calculates it. That consistency is vital to fair lending, compliance and overall a strong loan portfolio!

Inconvénients: One update made it so that you now have to change it every time you want to search all files. I was hoping that down the road I will be able to set my preferences. I review many people's work, so it would be nice to not just search the recent files.

UberWriter

Kapil M.
QC Associate
Immobilier, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: As per organization, this is a useful tool for the mortgage industry. We can do perfect income calculations from this tool including wage & self-employment as well. Also, UberWriter provides the perfect income calculation hence we need to do any second thought which is a best part of UberWriter.

Avantages: This software is easy to use and user friendly.

Inconvénients: UberWriter should change some graphical effects those will increase more interest to use this tool for the mortgage income calculations. Also, UberWriter can update with the income calculation formulas which will reflect into UberWriter.

Easy to use

Richa S.
Mortgage Underwriter
Vente au détail, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It's helpful and easy to use. The income report is easy to read for both me and loan officers or processors that may need to read them. The layout of the input is great and follows most paystubs and tax returns for self employed borrowers.

Inconvénients: Not too much of an issue. Sometimes documents are converted to a PDF and its shows some error and printed material on the report will be split between two pages.

So Helpful

Pam C.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The customer service level is above and beyond what I would expect - while the website may not always function perfectly, I always get a timely and personal response when I email for help.

Avantages: What I like most about Uberwriter is that it has so many different calculations available for me in one place.

Inconvénients: There is no option for calculating income from assets for USDA loans. There is one that can be used for 401k type income, but when calculating Annual Income for USDA, that is not the only type of asset we have to look for.

Uber Use

Patricia D.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I resisted using it at first because I had my set way of calculating everything but once I started using it, I couldn't believe how easy it is and how much time it saves me!

Avantages: The breakdown of sections for each type of income and for REO are fantastic!

Inconvénients: Calculations when there are gaps in employment can't be adjusted (#of mos to consider). Several times I've had a borrower who left a company and then came back in the same yr and there is no way to analyze but on the pro side, you can go in manually and adjust averages.

UberEasy

Publié le 15/01/2019
Cristina D.
Banque, 1 001-5 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: In my opinion, it has really helped improve the UW process by making it more efficient.

Avantages: I like report that is provided that shows the break down of the income calculation. I like all the features it provides and how Uberwriter can tailor to different loan products and customize each income calculation recommendations to coincide with the loan product. In addition, when a calculation has been inputted previously it's less work if the data is inputted correctly.

Inconvénients: There's not much to say about what I least like, but I did not like that if I had previously input an income calculation, someone else can change it after me within the same calculation report; however, there is a new feature where the calculation report can be copied and worked on with out altering the original report.

Best Income Calculation software for UW

Senior Underwriter
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It provides us best Income calculation experience. This is very accurate software to calculate Income.

Avantages: 1. It is the best software so far I have used for Income calculation.
2. It provides all logics with the explanation, How Income should be calculated.
3. It explains all FNMA guideline related to Income with proper logic.
4. One can understand Income guideline better in Uberwriter then FNMA guidebook

Inconvénients: As of now I see nothing which I like least in Uberwriter

Great at helping calculate income

Publié le 05/08/2019
Kelsey C.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I like that it breaks down monthly income for the last 2+ years so you can see the trend in income. I like that different types of earnings are separated. Very easy to use once you get the hang of it

Inconvénients: I wish the website could calculate income if you enter it as a formula (similar to Excel where you can add a bunch of numbers together and once you press enter, the Sum is populated). When using paystubs to calculate earnings and the borrower has a bunch of "regular earnings", you have to open up your calculator and add all the earnings together and then type that number into Uberwriter.

I Love UberWriter

Dawn B.
Pipeline Manager
Banque, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I like from beginning of the process to the end the income worksheet is shared with all colleagues that have access to UberWriter.
I also like that UberWriter stays up to date with guideline changes so if you choose the right program the application is set up for that particular program.

Inconvénients: The only thing I wish had additional fields is the regular employed borrower. We have several employees that receive additional types of pay and there is no designated spot for that. i.e. Auto reimbursement. Night Diff. Longevity. etc.

Uberwriter

Publié le 17/01/2019
Tamara N.
Sr. Govt. Underwriter
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The comments section. I use it a lot to explain what I did and what I had to work around in the system

Inconvénients: The W-2 earnings calculations are great for someone who has been at their job for 3 or more years. But for someone who just started, or started within the last 3 years, it doesn't work unless you do NOT put a start date/hire date in the designated box. Often, based on the income type, an average over 2 or more years is needed, regardless of whether the borrower has been with the current employer all that time. OR, the UW wants to see earnings history average for prior years to support current earnings level (i.e. comparison of earnings year to year).

Review for UberWriter

Rahul S.
Quality Control
Services financiers, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I am into the Quality Control profile and using UberWriter has helped me a lot in reviewing the loan files.

Avantages: 1. The ease with which the person can use the software
2. The guidelines preview while inputting any value is exceptional.
3. The updates received from UberWriter about the guidelines and other agency changes is foremost the best in the industry.
4. The video library provide an exclelent problem solving option.

Inconvénients: There's nothing much I would like to change about this software.

FHA and VA - tax return analysis

Bonnie K.
government underwriter
Immobilier, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: benefits are conformity. easy to use. follow the instructions. I really like this.

Avantages: love just following the steps, avoids errors

Inconvénients: we need to be able to addback interest, insurance, and taxes on rental properties. Also, we need to be able to subtract meals and entertainment for self employed borrowers. then it would be perfect.

Awesome Software with Solid Results

Publié le 10/01/2019
Yan M.
Director of Operations
Services financiers, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have been with Uberwriter for quiet some time. I have even asked for features that they added.
The fact that the management and employees listen to their clients and then make the appropriate changes is a rare thing in business these days. This software and its employees will go a long way since clearly they listen and service their clients.

Avantages: I love the fact that I can double check my number and the numbers of my employees in order to assure accurate income calculations. The best part is that I can add multiple employment calculations 1099, W-2's and K-1 then print out the calculations and turn them into the UW for review.

Inconvénients: There is not much I dont like but i would like to see the ability for better reporting information on the print out sheet

Uberwriter from a Quality Assurance Perspective

Laura M.
Team Lead Pre Funding Quality Assurance
Immobilier, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I review loans prior to funding and post funding. I have found since my company started using Uberwriter that issues with income calculation have decreased dramatically.

Avantages: I like Uberwriter because the software guides the user through every income scenario, provides recommended income analysis and Agency guideline warnings.

Inconvénients: There have been times I will try to access the library through Uberwriter and I usually get an error message or it kicks me off of the page. This can be frustrating.

UberWriter -The Best!

Ankit K.
Sr loan processor

Commentaires: Excellent tool

Avantages: One of the best tool available in the mortgage industry. Instead of using worksheets, I prefer UberWriter as it provides a detailed description of item along with warnings for income which do not meet the guideline. Such warning are helpful in avoiding errors.

Inconvénients: As such there are no cons; however, would like the UberWriter to improve the navigation and provide analysis on certain line items which usually other worksheets do not use.

Income Analysis made easy and helps in comparing income trend

Rahul P.
Banque, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great,Specially income section.

Avantages: Make very easy to calculate the income and compare the trend through charts and tables. It helps us to ideal income for qualification.

Inconvénients: Everything is good about the software.However it look great if we have less tab in the software

underwriter Support

Anil A.
Underwriter Support
Services juridiques, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great experience while working on uberwriter, I am new in underwriting and uberwriter make my life easy.

Avantages: User Friendly, And graphical representation make simple to understand.

Inconvénients: Need to provide more details related to agency guideline for all situation. Whats the agency requirement and are we fulfilling agency requirement or more details need to be mention for calculation.

I LOVE UberWriter!

Candi H.
Underwriter III
Services financiers, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have loved using UberWriter. It is so much easier when my team also uses it, we rarely have disputes over income calculations anymore.

Avantages: That I never have to wonder what I was thinking when I calculated income, it's right there!

Inconvénients: That the feedback for a simple income calculation is 4 pages and that the income calculation as it appears on the screen does NOT print.