Learning Curve, But Worth It

Publié le 16/05/2019
Kevin D.
Gestion de l'enseignement, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall I am very satisfied. Although there is a learning curve, especially if you want to use advanced features, your time pays off with great resources for students. In the end, I believe my students benefit from Pearson's products, and I believe it helps with improving test scores.

Avantages: I currently work with a group of students that are very high need, and Pearson has products that are extremely useful for creating assignments and assessments that are tailored to each student's needs. Specifically, using MyMathLab has been a game changer for my building. I can't imagine providing these options without Pearson, at least in a way that wouldn't require an inappropriate amount of work from teachers (beyond what they already do).

Inconvénients: Some of the products are not intuitive, and it takes training from somebody who knows it in order to use many features. I am quick to pick up tech tools (and I take copious notes), but I have many coworkers that struggle regularly with how to use certain products.

Education Simplified

Publié le 03/09/2019
Elyzabeth S.
Student
E-learning, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I am a Grad student. I have spent a lot of time using a lot of educational software programs. Pearson Education has been the one that I have encountered and experienced the most. It's been the most consistent and easy to learn. I would recommend it anyone looking for an educational tool that makes school-life all the easier. I have nothing bad to say about it!

Avantages: Being a student means experiencing new software and ways of learning. It can be intimidating at times, but navigating through Pearson Education software, especially MyLab and Mastering, is facile and seemingly effortless to master.

Inconvénients: I am severely dyslexic, and I would really love to see an option to alter the literature for people like myself. For example, providing an option to transition the "pages" from white to yellow.

Pearson Education: Expanding Access

Publié le 19/06/2019
Kristie J.
teacher
Gestion de l'enseignement, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, Pearson has increased school to home access and participation. That equals a win-win situation for both the students and the teachers.

Avantages: Pearson Education is making access to resources readily available to teachers, students, and parents. In using the software that complements student textbooks, students can review the day's lesson, self-assess their knowledge, watch tutorial videos, and so much more. Parents can work with their students at home and access the same tutorial videos, an invaluable resource for most parents. Pearson takes the classroom into the students' homes, giving them every resource needed to find success and mastery at school.

Inconvénients: In my experience, remedial materials are often still too difficult for students who are struggling the most. There are not enough remedial materials available at varying levels.

Publié le 30/06/2019
Math Teacher
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: As a teacher, the software has helped me a lot in providing my students with formative assessments since it contains vast number of problems/tasks stored in the data base. Along with these problems, immediate feedbacks are provided which enable the user to monitor his/her progress. The software is user-friendly for both the administrator and the user.

Inconvénients: The software is rather costly especially if the courses that students are taking use different textbooks.

Pearson Educational products are amazing

Publié le 13/06/2019
Stacey R.
First Grade Teacher
Gestion de l'enseignement, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Pearson has great customer service and amazing products.

Avantages: My school district has used Pearson for many our software and curriculum needs.

Inconvénients: I have no cons. The website is very easy to navigate through.

Must have!

Publié le 05/08/2019
Reservationist
Compagnies aériennes/Aéronautique, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I would recommend​ this to anyone studying for the NCLEX I feel it has prepared be well and I feel confident going into my exam.

Inconvénients: What I don't like is the amount of repeat questions.

One account for everything

Publié le 28/05/2019
Britnee G.
Customer Service Representative
Design graphique, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Pearson’s makes excellent interactive textbooks that accompany certain classes. Both the lessons and what’s online work very well together. There is also practice sections and study tools to help you grasp concepts you are learning.

Inconvénients: Don’t forget your login information because when you create an account for one class, no matter how long ago it was, that will be the same for any other class you take that is associated with this company.

Increase your grades

Publié le 05/08/2019
Professional Basketball Player
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I saw a huge improvement in my grades my using these practice exams to study before my exams.

Inconvénients: I wish you could narrow the focus on the exams and cut out the extra stuff that you don't need to know.

Publié le 08/08/2019
Kayla J.
Paraprofessional
Gestion de l'enseignement, 13-50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, my personal experience Pearson Education has been positive. The support for educators and teachers generally helps with any problems.

Avantages: Pearson has been involved in my own education and continues to make useful tools for educators and their students. I'm impressed with the MyLab feature available through Pearson, a lot of students seems to enjoy using it and find it helpful for studying or reviewing. I find it particularly great for helping with mathematics.

Inconvénients: So far the functionality hasn't been an issue with Pearson products, however the pricing can be off-putting for some. I suppose "you get what you pay for" applies here, but is something to keep in mind before making decisions about products for students.

Great education tool

Publié le 18/07/2019
Travis W.
Reviewer
Médias en ligne, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My overall experience has been great.

Avantages: Pearson is amazing. I’ve been using Pearson with some of my college classes for years. It’s very easy to navigate.

Inconvénients: There’s not one thing I don’t like. Pearson has a bunch of great stuff to offers for many classes.

Pearson Education Review

Publié le 28/08/2019
Erin J.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I like that Pearson Education went digital in our ever advancing technological world.

Avantages: This program/app gives you an online version of many resources for my students to use within the classroom.

Inconvénients: You have to have the software purchased and access codes prior to being able to use the products that you are interested in.

Easy to use LMS

Publié le 19/07/2019
Charles E.
Professor
E-learning, 5 001-10 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Easy to learn and use. I utilize this for one of my classes that uses a textbook published by Pearson.

Inconvénients: No cons. Easy to learn and use. Not much training required.

Great for everyone.

Publié le 22/08/2019
Educational Assistant
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It was easy for everyone to use. Guided you through no problem.

Inconvénients: Was harder to find certain titles that my little ones needed.

Pearson Online

Publié le 07/08/2019
Marissa C.
Math Teacher
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I love using Pearson online and being able to print off classroom supplements and worksheets. I love I can also edit them before printing.

Inconvénients: Sometimes the formatting is a little difficult to change up and edit but after a little work I can make it how I want it.

Professional

Publié le 31/07/2019
Jen P.
E-learning, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: As a teacher I enjoy how professional this product is in helping to deliver educational content.

Inconvénients: I do not have any negatives at this point in time.

Publié le 16/07/2019
Jennie C.
Program/Project Analyst III
Matériel informatique, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Access to textbooks was easy to gain across platforms

Inconvénients: Textbook appeared to be a pdf version of the book, not a typed out version. Some pages appeared blurry and it had less functionality then cengage books as far as highlighting and flashcards.

Difficult to Use and Customer Service is No Help

Publié le 15/05/2019
Kaitlin C.
Business Instructor
Gestion de l'enseignement, 5 001-10 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Every interaction I have had with Pearson has left everyone involved frustrated.

Avantages: This software was provided to me as a teaching resource provided by my district.

Inconvénients: It is too difficult to use in the classroom. Each year I try several times to log on and see if there are updated improvements. It's still the same and customer service is a joke when it comes to technical support.

Gets the job done sometimes

Publié le 05/09/2019
Andrew A.
Student
Gestion de l'enseignement, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: An underwhelming educational tool that is mandatory for some classes

Avantages: Solid features for students to enhance their learning
Customer service can be good if talking to properly trained individuals

Inconvénients: The payment system is not very consistent
Customer support is lacking in its ability to fix issues in a timely manner
Access codes can be tricky to figure out

New and Improved Textbooks

Publié le 27/07/2019
Marissa S.
Paraprofessional
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I was able to buy a textbook for one of my classes from their website. The online books are significantly cheaper, have awesome functions (highlight ability, read a loud, etc.), and Pearson makes a lot of textbooks so there are many different options of what to buy.

Inconvénients: You can purchase books from Pearson, but they make you go to a different site in order to read the book. I wish it was all one software.