Learning Curve, But Worth It

Publié le 16/05/2019
Kevin D.
Gestion de l'enseignement, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall I am very satisfied. Although there is a learning curve, especially if you want to use advanced features, your time pays off with great resources for students. In the end, I believe my students benefit from Pearson's products, and I believe it helps with improving test scores.

Avantages: I currently work with a group of students that are very high need, and Pearson has products that are extremely useful for creating assignments and assessments that are tailored to each student's needs. Specifically, using MyMathLab has been a game changer for my building. I can't imagine providing these options without Pearson, at least in a way that wouldn't require an inappropriate amount of work from teachers (beyond what they already do).

Inconvénients: Some of the products are not intuitive, and it takes training from somebody who knows it in order to use many features. I am quick to pick up tech tools (and I take copious notes), but I have many coworkers that struggle regularly with how to use certain products.

Education Simplified

Publié le 03/09/2019
Elyzabeth S.
Student
E-learning, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I am a Grad student. I have spent a lot of time using a lot of educational software programs. Pearson Education has been the one that I have encountered and experienced the most. It's been the most consistent and easy to learn. I would recommend it anyone looking for an educational tool that makes school-life all the easier. I have nothing bad to say about it!

Avantages: Being a student means experiencing new software and ways of learning. It can be intimidating at times, but navigating through Pearson Education software, especially MyLab and Mastering, is facile and seemingly effortless to master.

Inconvénients: I am severely dyslexic, and I would really love to see an option to alter the literature for people like myself. For example, providing an option to transition the "pages" from white to yellow.

Pearson Education Review

Publié le 04/12/2019
Zachary C.
Principal
Gestion de l'enseignement, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Our overall experience has been good, especially with using the tool to enhance what learning activities we can provide for our students.

Avantages: Pearson Education is a great way to bring the learning tools of their various series into the hands of students, with augmented features that print media alone don't offer.

Inconvénients: Like any new software, training for teachers is a factor. Schools can struggle to schedule enough training time, but if a school does provide that, the software becomes familiar and easy to navigate.

Pearson Education User

Publié le 12/12/2019
Megan A.
Social Worker
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 5 001-10 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have used Pearson software to study for standardized testing (GRE) and my experience has been nothing but positive.

Avantages: I have used a lot of different educational software and Pearson Education is consistently the most reliable and easy to access.

Inconvénients: The ability to return to testing diagnostic services after a certain amount of time has passed; I did not retake the GRE after initial attempt for another year.

Pearson's Online Programs: Some OK, Some Less-So

Publié le 06/12/2019
Cindy R.
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I don't know if the issues I've had are really a problem with Pearson or an issue with the district not troubleshooting these issues before pushing it out to the teachers and students

Avantages: Our district uses Pearson Education for social studies classes. In the history courses, teachers and students access the textbook and other materials through Pearson Realize. Pearson Realize is easy for both teachers and students to navigate and use.

Inconvénients: The behavioral science classes in the social studies department rely on Pearson My Lab and Mastering. The eBooks don't always load properly and students have difficulty accessing the other parts of the program.

Pearson Education: Expanding Access

Publié le 19/06/2019
Kristie J.
teacher
Gestion de l'enseignement, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, Pearson has increased school to home access and participation. That equals a win-win situation for both the students and the teachers.

Avantages: Pearson Education is making access to resources readily available to teachers, students, and parents. In using the software that complements student textbooks, students can review the day's lesson, self-assess their knowledge, watch tutorial videos, and so much more. Parents can work with their students at home and access the same tutorial videos, an invaluable resource for most parents. Pearson takes the classroom into the students' homes, giving them every resource needed to find success and mastery at school.

Inconvénients: In my experience, remedial materials are often still too difficult for students who are struggling the most. There are not enough remedial materials available at varying levels.

Stay Focused and It will help you

Publié le 05/12/2019
Chief Operating Officer
Biotechnologie, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: A decent platform for educators who enjoy a hands off approach, but if you are more involved you may want to opt more something else

Avantages: Pearson is convenient for both educators and students, with good integration between the grading side and the submission side

Inconvénients: The submission side (student) has a tendency to glitch and occasionally mark answers wrong when they are correct

One account for everything

Publié le 28/05/2019
Britnee G.
Customer Service Representative
Design graphique, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Pearson’s makes excellent interactive textbooks that accompany certain classes. Both the lessons and what’s online work very well together. There is also practice sections and study tools to help you grasp concepts you are learning.

Inconvénients: Don’t forget your login information because when you create an account for one class, no matter how long ago it was, that will be the same for any other class you take that is associated with this company.

User Friendly

Publié le 20/09/2019
Helen W.
Speech Language Pathologist
Enseignement primaire et secondaire, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have really not experienced any problems with this program. Our school supplies it for us and gives us training.

Avantages: I really like the teaching supplements that I can edit and print. Program is intuitive and easy to navigate. Our system has been using it for a couple of years .

Inconvénients: I would like to see more supplements for the lower level students who need that extra differentiation,

Pearson Education Products

Publié le 26/09/2019
Blackboard Support & Services Manager
Enseignement supérieur, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I am the LMS admin at a community college and I Love Pearson products. I deal with several 3rd party content publishers and Pearson is by far my favorite to work with. Their products integrate seamlessly with our LMS and their customer service and tech support is definitely the best in the field.

Inconvénients: I don't really have anything negative to say at this point.

Publié le 30/06/2019
Math Teacher
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: As a teacher, the software has helped me a lot in providing my students with formative assessments since it contains vast number of problems/tasks stored in the data base. Along with these problems, immediate feedbacks are provided which enable the user to monitor his/her progress. The software is user-friendly for both the administrator and the user.

Inconvénients: The software is rather costly especially if the courses that students are taking use different textbooks.

Pearson Educational products are amazing

Publié le 13/06/2019
Stacey R.
First Grade Teacher
Gestion de l'enseignement, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Pearson has great customer service and amazing products.

Avantages: My school district has used Pearson for many our software and curriculum needs.

Inconvénients: I have no cons. The website is very easy to navigate through.

Increase your grades

Publié le 05/08/2019
Professional Basketball Player
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I saw a huge improvement in my grades my using these practice exams to study before my exams.

Inconvénients: I wish you could narrow the focus on the exams and cut out the extra stuff that you don't need to know.

Publié le 08/08/2019
Kayla J.
Paraprofessional
Gestion de l'enseignement, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, my personal experience Pearson Education has been positive. The support for educators and teachers generally helps with any problems.

Avantages: Pearson has been involved in my own education and continues to make useful tools for educators and their students. I'm impressed with the MyLab feature available through Pearson, a lot of students seems to enjoy using it and find it helpful for studying or reviewing. I find it particularly great for helping with mathematics.

Inconvénients: So far the functionality hasn't been an issue with Pearson products, however the pricing can be off-putting for some. I suppose "you get what you pay for" applies here, but is something to keep in mind before making decisions about products for students.

A move toward the future of education

Publié le 31/10/2019
Mindy K.
Special Education Teacher
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Our school corporation uses e-learning days in place of a snow day. Pearson Education allows students to continue their education at home without worrying about a forgotten textbook sitting in their locker.

Avantages: Some of the textbooks that our school uses are available through Pearson Education. With the advancements in technology and the shift from brick and mortar to virtual learning, Pearson online textbooks is the way to go.

Inconvénients: This software can sometimes be a little tricky to use. It is not 100% user friendly for adults let alone the 12 year olds in the classroom. This problem is solved with training.

Great education tool

Publié le 18/07/2019
Travis W.
Reviewer
Médias en ligne, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My overall experience has been great.

Avantages: Pearson is amazing. I’ve been using Pearson with some of my college classes for years. It’s very easy to navigate.

Inconvénients: There’s not one thing I don’t like. Pearson has a bunch of great stuff to offers for many classes.

Pearson Education Review

Publié le 28/08/2019
Erin J.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I like that Pearson Education went digital in our ever advancing technological world.

Avantages: This program/app gives you an online version of many resources for my students to use within the classroom.

Inconvénients: You have to have the software purchased and access codes prior to being able to use the products that you are interested in.

Easy to use LMS

Publié le 19/07/2019
Charles E.
Professor
E-learning, 5 001-10 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Easy to learn and use. I utilize this for one of my classes that uses a textbook published by Pearson.

Inconvénients: No cons. Easy to learn and use. Not much training required.

Great for everyone.

Publié le 22/08/2019
Educational Assistant
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It was easy for everyone to use. Guided you through no problem.

Inconvénients: Was harder to find certain titles that my little ones needed.

Enhances Material

Publié le 31/12/2019
Partner
Marketing et publicité, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This has helped create a better learning experience and switch things up which keeps the information fresh.

Avantages: I like that it adds additional content especially for those of us who prefer different methods of learning.

Inconvénients: There are times when this has been slow to load, but it is not very often.

Pearson Online

Publié le 07/08/2019
Marissa C.
Math Teacher
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I love using Pearson online and being able to print off classroom supplements and worksheets. I love I can also edit them before printing.

Inconvénients: Sometimes the formatting is a little difficult to change up and edit but after a little work I can make it how I want it.

Professional

Publié le 31/07/2019
Jen P.
E-learning, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: As a teacher I enjoy how professional this product is in helping to deliver educational content.

Inconvénients: I do not have any negatives at this point in time.

Publié le 16/07/2019
Jennie C.
Program/Project Analyst III
Matériel informatique, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Access to textbooks was easy to gain across platforms

Inconvénients: Textbook appeared to be a pdf version of the book, not a typed out version. Some pages appeared blurry and it had less functionality then cengage books as far as highlighting and flashcards.

Difficult to Use and Customer Service is No Help

Publié le 15/05/2019
Kaitlin C.
Business Instructor
Gestion de l'enseignement, 5 001-10 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Every interaction I have had with Pearson has left everyone involved frustrated.

Avantages: This software was provided to me as a teaching resource provided by my district.

Inconvénients: It is too difficult to use in the classroom. Each year I try several times to log on and see if there are updated improvements. It's still the same and customer service is a joke when it comes to technical support.

Gets the job done sometimes

Publié le 05/09/2019
Andrew A.
Student
Gestion de l'enseignement, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: An underwhelming educational tool that is mandatory for some classes

Avantages: Solid features for students to enhance their learning
Customer service can be good if talking to properly trained individuals

Inconvénients: The payment system is not very consistent
Customer support is lacking in its ability to fix issues in a timely manner
Access codes can be tricky to figure out