The "magical" DIY (Do It Yourself) communication system

Publié le 19/05/2019
Renan S.
Web Developer
Services et technologies de l'information, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: After 2 years using Twilio services, mainly phone and messages, I can say I am so happy I found this solution to handle my communications.
It is so flexible,
Although it has been a little bit complicated sometimes to self-learn about online phoning systems it saved me from a lot of hassles I wanted to avoid.
The best benefit you get is the ultra efficient support service

Avantages: With Twilio you can start from scratch to build your own online communication system. I didn't know so much about VOIP before and it is true I had to learn a few things.
So far I have been able to use my Twilio french mobile number fully online even whenI need to travel abroad - with all mobile services you can expect (voice, SMS, MMS).
The pricing is light and the global user interface makes the whole systme pretty easy to manage.
I only use a few features from the platform but the possibilities are huge ! And they are always working on new services.
And as Twilio is now really recognized as a communication company you can find additional software apps very easily and even documentation, I am thinking of the softphone app I am using on my mobile or desktop for instance.

Inconvénients: I could customize a personal solution because I had time to test different options and as a developer I could code stuffs if needed.
I am not sure everybody can do the same without technical skills.

Great for Triggered Text Message Notifications

Publié le 18/12/2018
Jeff D.
Principal
Loisirs, voyage et tourisme, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, very happy. Great value for the money. Would highly recommend.

Avantages: We've been using this system to send text notifications to a distribution list when someone visits our website and completes a form to request information. We typically receive emails from clients who send 3-5 similar, if not identical emails to multiple tour operators. By dramatically decreasing our time to contact the potential client and answer questions via email or over the phone, we saw a marked increase in booking conversions. Using the Zapier integration between our Website form tool "Gravity Forms" and Twilio, we now can respond to online inquiries a matter of minutes, and secure a booking before our competitors can even open their email.

Inconvénients: In the Zapier setup, it is a bit of hit and miss to get all the custom text to layout like you want in a single text message.

One of the best platforms for call/text integration

Publié le 03/05/2019
Ramindu D.
Software Technical Lead
Logiciels, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have led teams that integrate Twilio as a text notification service for various events from medication adherence to support ticket alerts.

Avantages: Twilio provides a very straightforward interface to programmatically integration calls and texts in to software applications. Configuration and set up is super easy, and Twilio provides a variety of options for regions and countries to set up your phone numbers for. They provide a number of SDKs in popular programming languages, making integration super easy.

Inconvénients: The price point for calls and texts are a bit on the high side. Some of the more complex configurations might be a bit hard to set up, although their documentation IS quite thorough.

Always on the Go with Twilio!

Publié le 31/08/2018
Assistant Manager
Électronique grand public, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Competitive rates in the market is being offered. We use this in the company as the main tool for SMS messaging platform tool for our devices so it's cheaper compared to the rates we would be paying if we are to use the services offered by regular major carriers. It also allows use via API so very convenient and easy to set up in the backend for operational use with different platforms.

Inconvénients: Lately, there's an issue when viewing/searching for SMS transaction logs. When you search for the logs using phone number as a search tool, sometimes the results will not show up. I think it's a bug. Also when the sub menus were changed from the previous version, it got confusing. Navigating the menus on the site got more complicated compared to before.

Easy to integrate with any platform

Publié le 26/07/2018
Ariel C.
.Net C# Developer Sr.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I was able to create a driver with LUA, and integrate SMS feature to Control4 Home Smart System.
I wanted to receive messages every time certain events occurred, and Twilio is really accurate and helpful. I had to minimize the amount of messages so I could spend less money per month.

Avantages: - It has an API Rest and a 5 minutes to implement rule, which is quite true.
- They have a quick start for many platforms / languages.
- SMS Feature was exactly what I needed, fast send/receive messages.
- Besides having excellent docs, they have something called TwilioQuest, which I found really funny and entertaining.

Inconvénients: - Price per SMS seems to be high, at least in my country. I guess it depends on what are you building, and the value you give to this feature.

Awesome tool for sending sms and voice calling

Publié le 20/04/2019
Dilraj S.
Sr. Software Developer
Logiciels, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Twilio enables the users on any platform to send sms and make voice calls internationally via its well documented APIs which can be integrated very quickly on the platform by the developers. The SMS can be sent reliably on any international or local phone number once the phone numbers are bought with the required services enabled on it. Twilio also provides phone number masking for making voice calls. All in all its really an awesome module to use in your product for availing all of the Twilio services.

Inconvénients: Twilio should provide sms and voice calling as a testing feature on the trial account which can really help people to be more convinced about its awesome services.

Powerful yet complex

Publié le 16/11/2018
Steven G.
Systems Integrator
Réseaux informatiques, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I was able to create a call center script using this service and it worked great. Customer support sucks. If I were to rate Customer Support: 2 stars. Documentation: 5

Avantages: You can create almost anything with their voice prompts. Both inbound and outbound calls. From IVR to automated calls. You can host your scripts on their platform or your own server using the REST API.

Inconvénients: Documentation is all over the place. There are two main ways to send commands. Twiml or API (your language like PHP or C#) but the documentation jumps back and forth. One step of a tutorial is in Twiml. Then the next thing you want to do is not. It uses the API. And trying to find the same documentation in the other language is hit or miss.

Extremely easy to set up and get going!

Publié le 30/12/2017
Lead Software Architect
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The software was able to solve for a business requirement.
Price point was reasonable.
Performance is very good.

Avantages: As a lead architect, I am always on the look out for stable, easy to integrate tools and services for our various Enterprise solutions. With Twilio, I was able to get a fully functioning Enterprise level SMS Notification Microservice up and running in under an hour.
The ease of integration, it's simple API and documentation is what any developer would be happy with.
The price point is also very reasonable and I would highly recommend this solution to anyone who is looking to evaluate or use this service.

Twilio Platform = Solid

Publié le 04/05/2018
Ryan C.
IT Systems & Network Director
Télécommunications, 51-200 employés
Source : GetApp
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Even though I am not a developer, even I can get Twilio services working. I have helped a few local businesses in my area drop the traditional POTS lines and migrate over to Twilio and have heard nothing but great reviews. That platform has even given me the push to sign up for a couple dev classes to get even more out of it.

Inconvénients: Some of the documentation can be extremely vague. I understand that it is made for developers/programmers but there is a big portion of potential users that would love to use some of the features, but just don't have the coding background/knowledge to make it come alive.

Plivo is GREAT BUT

Publié le 20/08/2018
Full Stack Engineer
Logiciels, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It was awesome. If you can live with the price and knowing that competitors are almost half it really could be worth it to pay extra since they have a proven and battle-tested platform. Denied SMS sends are a pretty big deal and it's really easy to get caught in spam filtering etc on other providers. However I think I would recommend checking there first to see if your group of users can use the less expensive option without getting any dropped/missed/filtered SMS sends.

Avantages: I liked that it worked great for my needs (Api driven SMS) and that I hardly had to manage anything to get it working and it worked for nearly any phone number I or my customers wanted to text.

Inconvénients: The price. Some competitors are half the price, however it's a tradeoff in that you will get more failed SMS sends.

Great telephone / text software that can integrate into multiple sites easily.

Publié le 25/06/2018
Andrew R.
Director of Business Intelligence
Support client

Avantages: Ability to acquire phone numbers quickly, set up with API access, and get up and running within a very short time frame. Pricing is very competitive in the market, and tracking is made easy within their platform.

Inconvénients: Sending only one text per second on their base package is a bit limiting, but cost effective enough to make it worthwhile. They do allow businesses to be a "reseller" of their product, which allows companies to charge a client 4x what a twilio customer would pay.

Dial Twilio to add telephony to your application

Publié le 13/09/2018
Senior Product Manager
Conseil en gestion, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We used Twilio as part of our SaaS enterprise business application to do voice signature/ gather consent via an automated call, do short polling via voice and get consent via text message.

Avantages: Twilio makes adding telephone based interactions - call/ SMS etc... to an application dead simple. No hardware or software to install - just APIs and you pay for what you use and nothing more.

Inconvénients: At times documentation has not been found to keep pace with the functionality. That is just a minor irritant.

I use this platform daily to monitor SMS messaging.

Publié le 07/06/2018
Chris M.
Lead Desk Technician
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: From SMS recordings, to phone recordings, this tool is a must.

Avantages: The platform is easy to pinpoint a message and why it was sent. The fact that the message is presented is an added plus, as other platforms for say email recording do not present such detail. Also, their support is superior.

Inconvénients: The biggest pain-point is that the messages are in UTC time, and while that feature is understandable, it does create a few seconds of additional work in conversion.

Such an amazing and flexible platform

Publié le 29/04/2019
Vijay K.
Software Engineer 3
Logiciels, 5 001-10 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It has been amazing journey to use Twilio very few minor hurdles.

Avantages: Twilio has almost all offerings towards communication platform. You could build your automation without writing a single line of code. i.e. Using their Studio product. Also, you they have small modular functions that you can write to add any other needs that you might want. This is solid cloud offering with most use cases covered in communication. They also have integration with Whatsapp and they have roadmap to add Wechat integration.

Inconvénients: There are very few cons with Twilio products. And they are very minor. For eg. They won't let you use pay through your companies standard pay process unless your volume exceeds certain threshold. Until then you will need to use your cards.

Seriously powerful SMS text messaging features from your own web systems

Publié le 14/12/2018
Mark G.
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: If you build custom web systems like we do, you need a good tool to interface with cellphones. Twilio gives you a system and API that can be configured to do just about anything you could need.

Avantages: The API is really powerful and relatively easy (as far as APIs are concerned) to use.
It's not too hard to use and can be configured to do just about anything you could want.
It's cost effective.
It's very reliable.

Inconvénients: I seriously can't think of anything wrong with it.

Perfect tool for building your own in app communication system

Publié le 29/06/2019
Software Engineer
Immobilier, 13-50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It was definitely great!

Avantages: We built our inapp communication system which is extensively used by our clients to reach out to their clients through sms, text messages and calls via our app.
As a developer I loved the light weight apis twilio provides along with amazing sets of documentations, that building all the features with twilio were smooth.
They provide amazing options to track all the events throughout the process with events and callbacks, making the debugging process really easy.

Inconvénients: They do not have much of documentations for the emerging language Golang :(

An awesome programmable voice product

Publié le 15/03/2019
Anthony A.
Logiciels, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I haven't had any problems using this product at all. I suggest it as a tool in your toolbelt for developers.

Avantages: I love the ability to completely customize this product. If you know how to program, then this programmable voice is easy to use. The voice options are great, and the reliability is spot on. Very stable and reliable product. Thumbs up guys :)

Inconvénients: Debugging the product is a bit time consuming, but it is getting better.

My option to send SMS's in my application

Publié le 16/04/2018
Chefe de Equipa
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My software to send SMS's along my app.

Avantages: Twilio has good callback system and retries associated with it, it was really easy to integrate with our application. Additionally, we can know do it internationally and help us expand our business.

Inconvénients: The administration page could be improved. And it seems that it is not easy to understand which countries currently twilio support and if it's supported income and outcome messages or not.

Added Messaging APIs to our product

Publié le 08/01/2019
David T.
Chief Technology Officer
Logiciels, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Our software product did not have Messaging so Twilio filled in that gap in a couple of days

Avantages: Excellent API Set, outgoing and incoming Messages with SMS and WhatsApp. We used Twilio to quickly add a Messaging component to our base application. Very inexpensive

Inconvénients: As for any API Setup you need to be a programmer to do this. Twilio has a messaging dashboard, but we are programmers so we went straight to the APIs

Great call recording features for quality assurance

Publié le 01/05/2018
Web Content Manager
Meubles, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We were able to monitor phone calls to improve customer service and employee training

Avantages: We use the call recording component of Twilio to record inbound customer service, sales, and support calls. We had the recording integrated with our website via the specialty phone numbers that we put on site. This gave us tremendous insight into our customer experience process. I can't speak to the implementation part since it was handled by our website provider, but using it was very simple.

Inconvénients: Since we utilized the client side integration, I can't speak much to the native Twilio functionality. Everything that came through on our end was great. I think I would have preferred the native Twilio features, however, to have more flexibility with how we manage our calls.

Great product, never had any problems

Publié le 29/08/2018
Stephan K.
Immobilier, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I use Twilio as a SIP provider and I am very happy with it! I route lots of international calls through Twilio.

Avantages: Totally reliable, just works. Using it with Freepbx/Asterisk, easy to implement. Lots of APIs or extra functionality.

Inconvénients: No problems so far. Would love it if they would offer their own SMS client. Did not find any good one through third party vendors.

We have been using this platform for several years to run all of our phone operations

Publié le 16/01/2018
Kelly r S.
Chief Marketing Officer
Marketing et publicité, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We have been able to create our own programs and software to suit our company and clients.

Avantages: Easy to adapt to specific requirements and custom builds. They are helpful in the requirements we need to advance our operations and commands.

Inconvénients: Wish they had more pricing options so that we can provide our clients with more cost effective options.

Easy integration to send text messages out to clients from my software

Publié le 24/07/2018
Richard (rex) B.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Web based API - nothing complicated here - it was straight forward and easy to use. I could start with basic features and add more later on.

Inconvénients: Nothing negative comes to mind. Some of my customers (healthcare industry) were adverse to using twillio and I think they tried to get a BAA in place and were not able to.

Great tool for marketing

Publié le 04/04/2019
Michael K.
Founder and CEO
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I like how customizable the messages are and how it is very easy to set up for any business of any size. It seems like there's a reasonable and affordable option for any type of user.

Inconvénients: I'm not a huge fan of their pay structure, I wish I could just get invoiced monthly or biweekly for the messages sent.

Perfect for sending out customer reminders

Publié le 13/04/2019
Designer
Cosmétiques, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: We used Twilio to send out reminders for customers appointments in a men’s beauty clinic. It integrates well with WordPress and WooCommerce.

Inconvénients: Not many points to critique, works relatively smoothly and with no problems once setup. Sending test SMS to multiple phone numbers should be possible for free.