Avis clients sur Waydev

Filtrer par :

• Service client

En savoir plus sur Waydev

L'outil de Git Analytics pour les responsables d'ingénierie.

En savoir plus sur Waydev

33 avis affichés

Dragos B.
Dragos B.
  • Publié le 07/02/2020

"Waydev is enterprise level quality software"

Avantages: Clean UX helps me understand the work of my engineers (and my own). It's easy to get the big picture but also you can go in detail.

Inconvénients: The UI could use a little polishing, but nothing major.

envoyé par Waydev le 11/02/2020

Thank you very much for the review!

• Publié le 07/02/2020
Deryk W.
Deryk W.
Internet, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 01/04/2020

"We switched from Pluralsight Flow (GitPrime) and so far really love it"

Commentaires: It's easy to use, provides helpful insights on how to support developers. Their support is VERY fast, which I love - ask a question and one of the founders is there to help. They have a robust feature set - probably too much for what we need, but good that we can grow into it.

Avantages: It has pretty much all the features we used at Gitprime, plus a few more that are even better. Gitprime was just too expensive for us, and we didn't see any evolution in the features. Waydev has a better dashboard and it has a great timecard view where you can see commit timing for each contributor. Comparing both, their impact calculation seems quite similar. Gitprime was also getting slow and harder to use. The only issue I had was onboarding, getting my organization repo to setup, but I used a different option with the help of their support and it's fine now.

Inconvénients: They just added the review feature, so that solves the one problem I had. They don't seem to have a Jira Integration, but honestly we left Jira for ClickUp have love it! So again, not an issue for us.

envoyé par Waydev le 03/04/2020

Hi Deryk, Thank you very much for this review. We're really happy that you consider Waydev a better tool than our competitors.

• Publié le 01/04/2020
Gerardo S.
  • Publié le 15/09/2021

"It is the code analysis tool that focuses on the team and the code to ensure quality and governance"

Commentaires: An excellent product with extraordinary customer service, they make it an experience to accompany building world-class software.

Avantages: The focus on the team, quality and the learning generated by each event to find how to improve the development process in addition to the quality of the product

Inconvénients: Some rare sync issues with repositories and refresh dashboard.

• Publié le 15/09/2021
Zuber P.
Vice President - Engineering
Loisirs, voyage et tourisme, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 13/11/2019

"Helps track developer productivity, but needs some time to adapt with the process"

Commentaires: Waydev was a way to showcase the productivity of our developers to senior management. This was a way to check if the team is getting more productive. If not, identify the root cause of the problem and address it. At times when we do see the scores dropping, there have been some legitimate reasons for the same. Some times however, issues in the development process have been identified which the teams need to resolve. Overall, it does give is an insight, but more time is needed to make it a core part of the process.

Avantages: The interface is simple and clean. The tool gives a good representation of the productivity of the developers, and a high level view of the work being done.

Inconvénients: It has been hard to utilize the metrics provided by WayDev in a meaningful way. Even though we have been using it for more than 6 months, we haven't been able to make use of it to understand the productivity and effectiveness of the developers. Further, it needs some more high level reporting. For example, a chart that shows the impact scores by month. We can figure it out, but have to circle through multiple months.
At times, we had issues with commits not reflecting which the support team help address.

envoyé par Waydev le 18/11/2019

Hi Zuber,

Thank you very much for this review, we're working now to add more screens that will help even better to under the output of your team.

Alex Circei

• Publié le 13/11/2019
Alexandru S.
Internet, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 21/10/2020

"Excellent product"

Commentaires: We save each month a lot of money, we understand better what out development team is doing and we generate a lot of interesting reports so we could improve our team and also give them bonuses.

Avantages: They had an incredible support team but what I like the most about Waydev is that we save a lot of money every month

Inconvénients: It was very hard to find these type of tools. All the other companies that we use before, they have big brands but not a good product. What I personally like least about Waydev is that they don't promote themselves so we must search a lot for this tool....

envoyé par Waydev le 23/10/2020

Thank you very much!

• Publié le 21/10/2020
David felipe C.
David felipe C.
VP of Engineering
  • Publié le 26/11/2019

"Good tool to understand your team dynamics"

Avantages: Waydev has proved to be a very useful tool for me to understand how my team is performing.
I use it as part of the feedback on 1-1 meetings, and it helps me to provide feedback valuable to developers and ask questions about certain trends shown on their code.
It's really easy to use and I practically don't need to do anything to use it.

Inconvénients: It's a little bit expensive, and I am sticking to the free version because it adds enough value for what I am using it

envoyé par Waydev le 12/12/2019

Hi David,

Thank you very much for the feedback!

• Publié le 26/11/2019
San F.
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 25/03/2021

"Best Investment. Good for the company, Good for the team, Good for the engineer."

Avantages: Waydev has given us incredible insight of the work that our team are working daily. The metrics provided by Waydev helped everyone in our company from the executive level until the engineer on who, what, when and how of the tasks are done.
Waydev should be a MUST on every company that develops software.
The onboarding was excellent. Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Inconvénients: Currently it is not working with Kanban on Jira. However, soon it will be available.

envoyé par Waydev le 05/04/2021

• Publié le 25/03/2021
Luis alberto C.
Luis alberto C.
Diseñador de Software y Propietario
Logiciels, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus de deux ans
  • Publié le 25/09/2018

"Good software for getting metrics about your project"

Commentaires: Had several issues authenticating GitHub with errors like : "Whoops Server error:

Avantages: The app pretty much works by itself so you just look at the reports,

Inconvénients: Its a bit pricey and since changing credentials in GitHub it stopped working.

envoyé par Waydev le 27/09/2018

First of all, thank you for the review! It means a lot to us! Second, we had a significant product update last week https://waydev.co/product-update/where we improved the product. From now on you will not have any issues with Github. Because of your review, we will give you also a discount of 50%. I've sent you an email with more details.

• Publié le 25/09/2018
Elliott L.
Elliott L.
Developer
Marketing et publicité, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 04/10/2018

"Great aid for time tracking"

Commentaires: I work on quite a few projects at work and at home, I need to keep a semi-accurate record of hours per project so that everyone can be billed correctly. Combining this with a few local tools and wakatime makes it more and more easy for me to time track without actually having to time track. It would be awesome to see some wakatime-like functionality added but it might not be the aim of the company over all. I will continue to use the free version of the product.

Avantages: I liked how easy it was to integrate with my bitbucket/github projects - until now i have only seen not-so-great command line tools which output a very hard to look at version of what waydev is doing. The format of the website is great and, despite having only used the tool on projects with 1-2 people contributing I bet it would be a lot of fun in a bigger software house with lots of other devs.

Inconvénients: It can take a while to scrape all my data - might be out of the hands of waydev - rate limiting etc. Occasionally the Oauth fails and I can't renew my tokens - generic laravel 500 on https://app.waydev.co/oauth/github/callback?code=abc I would think twice about introducing this to my managers etc - that amount of power could be misused in the wrong hands.

envoyé par Waydev le 08/10/2018

Hey Elliott,

Thank you for this kind review! We're working hard to improve our product and bring more features to the product. Check your email, we've sent you a gift.

• Publié le 04/10/2018
Mariano W.
Mariano W.
Founder, CEO
Internet, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 24/09/2018

"not enought"

Avantages: its much more easy and simple than others

Inconvénients: Is too much simple... I need more reports and insight and price is a blocking issue comming from outside US

envoyé par Waydev le 26/09/2018

First of all, thank you for the review! It means a lot to us! Second, we've had a major product update last week https://waydev.co/product-update/ where we improved the product and also decreased the price.

• Publié le 24/09/2018
Dmitry G.
Head Of Product Development
  • Publié le 09/11/2019

"Waydev - not yet many features anyway robust tool for engineering manager for acceptable price"

Avantages: - major feature to measure engineering performance are in place
- fast and responsive support
- reasonable price
- regular software updates

Inconvénients: - lack of day timeline to understand when exactly dev made commits
- poor work with pull requests stats

envoyé par Waydev le 11/11/2019

Thank you very much for this review! In the next couple of weeks, we will launch more stats for code reviews.

• Publié le 09/11/2019
Managing Partner
Recrutement, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 03/11/2020

"Saves me and my developers a couple of hours everyday"

Commentaires: Waydev helped us reduce the overall friction between managers and developers, because managers can now see what each engineer is doing daily. Its positive impact can be seen in the throughput of our teams. It also helped during our mid-year performance reviews, which generally, took hours to prepare.

Avantages: I like the fact that it has an easy onboarding. We also had several real-time coaching sessions where they helped us debug our teams' metrics (which seemed a bit overwhelming at first), and provided recommendations on how to use each of their features. I love their responsiveness on the live chat.

Inconvénients: It's expensive - more than what we pay for Bitbucket + Jira. It would've been nice to have more insights into ticket activity.

envoyé par Waydev le 30/03/2021

• Publié le 03/11/2020
Hamza P.
Hamza P.
IT System Administrator
Psychologie, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 09/09/2019

"User-Friendly Dashboard"

Commentaires: It is in the developmental stage now, but I am seeing it bring great success. I hope they upgrade it, so it works well with big numbered teams and a better correlation between data and reports.

Avantages: It has a user-friendly dashboard and allows maximum visibility into the performance of engineering teams. It helps team leads understand the relative performance of team members and assess their decisions on code base and ensure error-free integration of bitbucket/GitHub projects. Our management has found it truly effective in analyzing work patterns of multiple teams at once.

Inconvénients: I found it a bit pricey considering the limited features. The loading speed is often challenging, and I am unable to set goals with notifications/update.

envoyé par Waydev le 10/09/2019

Thank you very much for this awesome feedback!

• Publié le 09/09/2019
Erik B.
Head of Development
  • Publié le 15/02/2019

"Great Software and Support"

Commentaires: It has been fantastic as I have been involved in the beta and have watched the product grow and mature, providing more and more detail on developer work.

Avantages: - Ability to provide high level information on development each week.
- Ability to review at more granular level
- Excellent Support
- Dedicated development team and ownership

Inconvénients: - Awaiting more features, however the team there has been quick to identify new features and implement

envoyé par Waydev le 18/02/2019

Hey Erik,

Thank you for these kind words, creating Waydev it is an amazing and joyful experience. Regarding the features, in the next few weeks, we will add more features. Anytime you want to upgrade feel free to ask me for a coupon, you will have a 20% discount for life.

Thank you!

Simon B.
Simon B.
  • Publié le 06/11/2019

"Affordable and great alternative over the competition"

Avantages: The affordability was the biggest plus as the competitors require longer-term commitments and about 3x more expensive. The overall UX is perfect for what we need for our company.

Inconvénients: Doesn't have as many features as it's competitors and not as polished yet but I am sure that will come with time.

envoyé par Waydev le 07/11/2019

Hi Simon,

Thank you very much for this review. We're working very hard on improving the product.

• Publié le 06/11/2019
Jorge D.
Immobilier, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 19/12/2019

"Very good to evaluate your team performance"

Commentaires: I was trying to understand how my team was performing during the development of new products so I can improve my estimates. Usually refactoring and bug fixing of previous features slow down new ones. With Waydev I was able to identify why the new development was delayed and how much time my engineers spend on rework of old code.

Avantages: The feature to calculate the performance of the team versus previous sprints are awesome. Also, you can easily identify if the role of your engineers is accordingly to the job done.

Inconvénients: The learning curve to interpret correctly the graphs is high. However, once you understand how to read the graphs, the rest is easy.

envoyé par Waydev le 24/12/2019

Hi Jorge! Thank you for this review!

• Publié le 19/12/2019
Evan R.
VP Engineering
Assurance, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 11/03/2020

"Great dev analytics"

Avantages: Simple to set up, meaningful metrics in minutes. Uncluttered interface, easy to understand visualizations. New improvements released frequently.

Inconvénients: Would like to see integration with issue tracking systems.

envoyé par Waydev le 13/03/2020

Thank you very much for this kind of feedback, in the next couple of days we will launch our Jira integration. Check it here https://waydev.co

• Publié le 11/03/2020
Patrick H.
Assistant to the CEO
Recrutement, 11-50 employés

"Waydev"

Avantages: Very helpful in providing metrics to truly measure the development team's performance. Once you get a hang of how the metrics are measured it can be very helpful in evaluating your team and even individual engineers.

Inconvénients: Some times exactly what the platform is measuring exactly isn't always clear, but once you get the hang of it it's clear enough

envoyé par Waydev le 06/11/2019

Hi Patrick! Thank you very much for the review! We're looking forward to helping Wolf increasing the engineering team's productivity!

Franco C.
Tech Lead
E-learning, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 05/07/2021

"waydev is a must for Lead Devs"

Commentaires: Neat, nice

Avantages: The metrics such as "impact", is great. Also the specific separated metrics for new work and legacy refactor I use the Team Compare feature, to compare my team results agains the results from las period

Inconvénients: it is a bit slow
i don't use all the features

envoyé par Waydev le 08/07/2021

• Publié le 05/07/2021
Services d'information, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 05/11/2019

"Awesome Tool for Managing Remote Teams"

Commentaires: Overall, Waydev has been very helpful and its now part of our routine when doing daily stand-ups.

Avantages: It was super easy to configure and it produces valuable metrics that we are increasingly relying on everyday and week. I

Inconvénients: Honestly...there is nothing to dislike. It may seem expensive but if you are investing in remote devs, its a small investment that is well worth it in the long run.

envoyé par Waydev le 06/11/2019

Thank you very much for this awesome review!

Tharindu W.

• Publié le 20/07/2021
Chief Technology Officer
Internet, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 15/02/2019

"An emerging product that adds value"

Commentaires: We will watch this product as it matures. The pricing is attractive over GitPrime (our current solution) but missing valuable features we use in GitPrime. They are probably on your roadmap.

Avantages: Price is better than competitors in market.

Inconvénients: Setup was buggy and I received several 500 errors during the process. Was not clear if it was working or not for a few days. Not as full featured as GitPrime (our current solution)

envoyé par Waydev le 18/02/2019

Hey! Thank you for the review! Unfortunately, due to our last Product Hunt launched, we were not prepared for this high number of new accounts and he had some issues with our AWS; hopefully we've managed to fix the issues, and now everything works fine. Regarding our features, we're working very hard to release new features in the current period, here is our roadmap:

- A new dashboard - 1 - 2 weeks
- Four more screens (work: volume, trend, retrospective, average) - 1 - 3 weeks
- Project history regarding the impact - 2 - 6 weeks
- Developer history regarding our metrics- 2 - 6 weeks
- Comparing your project with other projects - 4 - 7 weeks
- Multiple teams - 5 - 8 weeks
- Pull Requests - 6 - 18 weeks

Thank you for trying our service, and I hope you will consider us in the future.

Nhan N.
Software Engineer
  • Publié le 23/10/2019

"Good software for both managers and engineers"

Commentaires: We are using WayDev as a productivity team to track team's performance. It is also . However, we find it's a bit pricey since there are some features that we do not use.

Avantages: Impact: We use this to as a metric to improve our overall performance.
Risk metric: This feature is very useful when we need to track down regressions caused by new commits, usually the team will start investigate the high risk commit first.

Inconvénients: There is no public API for WayDev, this makes custom integration harder.

envoyé par Waydev le 27/10/2019

Hi Nhan,

Thank you for the feedback; Unfurtunelty our API it is available only for our PRO users. We're working very hard in order to make Waydev accessible for everyone, any way you can use our freemium version as much as you can;

• Publié le 23/10/2019
Hisham B.
Mobile Architect
Services et technologies de l'information, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 27/02/2019

"not as gitprime"

Commentaires: good for my personal projects or small team but not good for big companies

Avantages: simple. easy to use. good from small teams

Inconvénients: we evaluated way dev and gitprime. gitprime is far better. i know that it is more expensive but it is far better for our company needs

envoyé par Waydev le 28/02/2019

Hey Hisham,

Thank you for your review. We're working very hard to improve our product, just a few days ago we launched a new update. I hope you will come back the try us in a few weeks; we will launch another few features. Here is a video with our current version - https://waydev.wistia.com/medias/gccajmluf6

Thank you!

• Publié le 27/02/2019
Csaba F.
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 07/10/2020

"Best support I have ever met"

Avantages: Good software for both managers and engineers.

Inconvénients: Truly... there is nothing to dislike. It may seem pricey, but if you are investing in remote devs, it's a small expense that is well worth it in the future.

envoyé par Waydev le 15/10/2020

Thank you very much! We're happy to collaborate with you!

• Publié le 07/10/2020