DesignFiles

Avis clients sur DesignFiles

par DesignFiles

Design Files is my online assistant!

Publié le 15/12/2018
Michelle M.
Internet, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The team is amazing! They are constantly striving to be innovative with Design Files and take feedback seriously. There have been so many updates and new features since the initial launch of the site and with every change, the program gets easier to use. It is extremely professional and worth every penny!

Avantages: I love Design Files! It is so helpful to have everything that I need to send professional concept packages to my clients. The web clipper makes it easy to grab images, information and pricing for any product online and the editing features allow me to control what I want my clients to see. The new room rendering application is great to show clients what their space will look, with the actual pieces. This is extremely helpful from a visual standpoint and so much easier than photoshop.

Inconvénients: The only con that I have is I would like to be able to create invoices for my clients. Hopefully this is coming soon...

DesignFiles Is the Best!!!!

Publié le 26/07/2019
Clare R.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: DesignFiles allows me to do what I do best: design. DesignFiles has relieved me of so many tasks that used to literally swallow my days. DesignFiles is truly all-encompassing: design and mood board creation, a communication platform for me and my clients, budgeting, invoicing and so much more. Not only do I love it, but many of my clients sing DesignFiles' praises also.

Avantages: Although DesignFiles offers solutions to just about any interior design task, what I like most about DesignFiles is their Customer Service. They offer a trio that cannot be beat: first, DesignFiles' designers can at anytime access a library of videos and pdf's that are user friendly and clearly explain all aspects of the platform. Second, answers can be obtained via live messaging and/or their social media group. Third, and this always tells me that a company has my back: they continually not only seek improvement advice, but take that advice and implement it. It is truly amazing.

Inconvénients: I can't think of anything I don't like.

A Designer's Workspace

Publié le 06/12/2019
Jill H.
Designer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great experience all around, simple to use! Very easy interface, so easy to understand

Avantages: I love that I can complete multiple task all in one spot, not only can I communicate with my client's, I can do a Design!

Inconvénients: I'd like the ability to create floor plans within the program .... a dream would be able to render in 3D too!

User Review

Publié le 15/04/2019
Jenna M.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I love making pretty design boards to present to my clients and having easy correspondence with them. Doing mostly e-design services, I present the items and my customers purchase on their own. Because of this I have not used the invoice feature and would love for Design Files to pair up with a well known affiliate link company so designers can make a bit of $ in affiliate sales.

Avantages: I love that it is easy to use and that the customer support is very responsive.

Inconvénients: There are many times that I am using the Design Files shopping vendors and I drag an item onto my board and it does not show up. Another frustration is when the shopping gallery has "out of stock" items in it. I would love to see more vendors be available and the ability to narrow my search options by more than price, ie. finish, dimensions, customer rating etc. I would love to not have to keep all boards active in the program in order for the "shop it" link to work. Would be nice to download boards for myself and still be able to use those links when the board has been deleted.

So Far Impressed!

Publié le 13/06/2019
Christina H.
Owner/Interior Stylist
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The support team is awesome & I love how they are constantly making improvements to the software.

Avantages: I am so impressed with this software; you get so much for your money, which is amazing and allows for better profit!
I think one of the aspects I like the most is the browser clipper. It makes it SO easy to find and save the products you want.
I also love that all of the documents I send to my clients are branded with my company design.
Lastly, the integration of invoicing is so simple and fantastic; I don't have to create my own estimate and invoice through another software or word doc, etc.

Inconvénients: Some of the small issues I have found along the way have been corrected/updated.
The only item I can think of that is a bit confusing/problematic, would be how comments are delivered via email. For instance, if I leave six comments on six different items on a client's design board, I will receive separate emails back of each comment the client left. I will see what they wrote, however I won't see the image of the item they responded to. It would be nice to see the images along with the comments and to possibly have just one email with all of the comments connected to the correct image (instead of having six different emails with six different comments).

Professional and easy to use

Publié le 25/04/2019
Nicky T.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It is well priced! DesignFiles is such an easy platform to use. It enables you to create designs and easily share and receive feedback with clients. I've found it particularly useful in creating specification documents when doing an entire house design.

Inconvénients: I can't really think of anything as they are constantly improving and updating the software based on customer feedback.

Love DesignFiles

Publié le 23/04/2019
Rachel S.
Home Design Consultant
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The ability to input actual product directly from websites. I also love that you are able to choose what the client sees and you can provide links for them to easily shop the products you recommend. I love how easy it is to manipulate flooring and rugs into a 3D mockup.

Inconvénients: When you create a 3D mockup with a background room, you have to guesstimate the actual scale. It would be helpful to know ceiling height and room dimensions of the background to better help you scale the items you import. Sometimes it's challenging to just eyeball it. I'm new at online home design, so this could just could be an issue for me. :)

Design Files saves time

Publié le 28/06/2019
Pamela P.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Design Files has made quoting and designing so much faster and in a more professional format.

Avantages: Easy to create professional design boards
Ease in putting products in design library
Ability to customize jobs

Inconvénients: Difficult to print a design board without exporting the file
Inability to use the same email address for multiple jobs which I would like to do so I can send the design board to my email to review or forward.
I wish it had a basic space plan program that would allow a space plan to be in the clients design file. When importing is the only option the space plan has to be imported every time a change is made to the plan.

Looking forward to what comes next

Publié le 08/05/2019
Designer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We really like it and it is helping us move faster.

Avantages: I love the design features: it help streamline the design process all into one platform.
_ Keep a catalog of products.
_ It has some vendors in the system
_ Easy to use
_ PDF's and presentations

Inconvénients: That I can't change or edit the photo of a product. That it only lets you add one foto. It would be helpful if you could have different angles of the same product. A better tool to create budgets would be great. Also a way to keep an inventory of furniture for each client.

design your interiors with designfiles

Publié le 25/08/2019
Rigger T.
Productor de contenidos
Design graphique, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Essai gratuit
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It is one of the most economical interior design programs, which gives an important advantage over others in the same category.
We like the amount of items it has and the possibility of importing what it doesn't have.

Avantages: It offers a lot of creative freedom to design interiors, in addition clients have easy accessibility to the projects that are carried out.

Inconvénients: The manual cuts are very complicated to make, in addition the questionnaires are closed and it does not allow to edit the questions.
Sometimes it doesn't look like a professional program, because of the limited tools it has.

Design Files, The New Olioboard, Is AMAZING

Publié le 16/11/2018
Jacob H.
Design, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It has been a fantastic experience. The fact that there are now libraries from vendors I use frequently helps to save me time trying to find images and download them to my computer in order to upload them to the program. Same with Paint color libraries. The Add to Design Files bookmark tab is incredible and a genius tool that I have never seen with any other program. If you haven't seen what it is, you can view helpful videos. Again, customer service has been incredible and two of the reps are great at walking you through steps and getting back with you instantly, especially using the messaging dialog box in the program. If I had to rate my experience out of 10 with 10 being the best, my experience would be a 100.

Avantages: It's easy to use, gives great perspective and gets the point across to clients. The greatest tool to use for quick changes and edits to client ideas and spaces. I have used many programs and this one eliminates all headaches from other programs that seem to be way too advanced when all you need is to display ideas. Great for pricing and itemizing client projects. I will never use any other product. I used Olioboard religiously and this program is Olio on steroids and anyone can use it! Saying I love this program is an understatement and the creators, take time to train everyone and answer any questions one might have. Best customer service ever.

Inconvénients: There are very few things I do not like because the program has been updated so much but the fact that I cannot duplicate items using keyboard shortcuts can sometimes slow me down but there is a duplicate button so I shouldn't complain. I wish we could crop color swatches for creating half walls and such, but then again, you can use the adjust tool to skew the shapes. There really isn't a lot that hinders me in creating a project.

Design Files Brings Simplicity to the Design Process

Publié le 11/03/2019
Nicola C.
Principal
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's a huge bonus to provide my clients 24/7 online access to review designs, make comments and, soon, issue payment - especially being here in San Francisco which is a very fast, super digitized city. In my website content, I am adding and promoting these features as a value added benefit of why to work with me!

Avantages: Great user interface and customizable platform for my interiors business. I am able to leverage a powerful online platform for my clients 24/7 access and it's gives me a great service edge. I feel very personally well acquainted with this platform due to the accessibility of customer support and simple, easy to understand tutorials. The support staff is approachable and super informative. Having the Facebook group is helpful as interior designers always need a professional forum to chat about this adventurous E -Design business model!

Inconvénients: There is not too much I don't like as it offers me alot of creative freedom and informs my design process in an intuitive way to build great design packages for my clients. From the financials side, functionality is a big topic however. Simple online payments will be convenient. Working my mark up and design fee into the pricing structure is also helpful. However I understand DF is not an accounting platform. I have worked extensively with Studio Webware and probably will continue to for more in depth billing breakdowns. For instance, SW is effective when specifying custom items with multiple components like fabric, trim, fabrication, etc and being able to bundle the pricing into one line item price for clients to see. Having this sort of custom item function might be a great add-in. Obviously, SW is required for revenue tracking and tax reporting purposes. The stuff designers hate to do but must understand. I have researched most, if not all interior design software extensively and still don't know one program that does it all....

Design Files

Shirley S.

Commentaires: Love it!

Avantages: We have been using DesignFiles for a year or more and we have been very happy with it. One of the representative's customer service is the absolute best! We plan on using it even more since we are starting to launch an E-Design division of our business. They only thing that would make it better is if we could do actual 3D drawings and floor plans using our client's room measurements. We have to do them in a separate program and then import all the information. We would definitely pay more for this feature.

Inconvénients: I wish that we could precisely size multiple items the same using actual dimensions like you could in the previous version of the software. As in all the photos could be set at a certain dimension. It would be great if once we crop, manually remove background or correct the color range of an item, it would stay that way in our library so when we use it again we would not have to do that all over again. I would love it if the program saved the email addresses after we enter it once so that we would not have to look up our clients email address every time we want to sent them a new design for other rooms.

These things aren't really cons, they are more my wish list!

Good program

Ellen L.
Défense et aérospatiale, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I overall like DesignFiles and love being able to show a completed design board. It does help to present my ideas to my client in a professional manner without having to make a manual board.

Avantages: I like the ease of importing items to my library and being able to call up categories (rugs, etc). It's client-friendly - allowing boards to be emailed directly to my clients and having them comment back is very helpful. Also like the shop it page for lower-budget clients.

Inconvénients: There are only two things I don't like about this program. The first is that on almost every board, I have images that "ghost". It doesn't matter where they are sourced from, the client can't see some on the board and have to scroll down to shop it page to see all items. It's the thing that makes me look to other programs to be honest, because it looks unprofessional. The second thing is that even though there is a 3D option which is great, I cannot pull outer edges of an image like a rug to appear correct or say a piece of furniture on the side wall of a board. I know it's not a render software, but if it had this feature I wouldn't have to use other programs to do that.

Almost But Not Quite

Publié le 09/10/2018
Tanya M.
Principle Designer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I've been able to EASILY incorporated eDesign into my decorating business! This allows me to reach clients all over the country. Before incorporating eDesign I'd miss out on clients who didn't live in my service area or who couldn't afford full service. Now, I'm getting an additional stream of revenue. It's nice not leaving money on the table or going broke trying to make it!

Avantages: I love how easy it is to create concept boards. It's super easy to clip products using the DesignFiles extension. I love that I can hide pricing or whole products from my clients (for those trying to "shop me"). It's ridiculously easy to insert the widget onto my websites and social media accounts. And it's just as easy to create design packages. I love the incorporated questionnaire and the vivid concept boards.

Inconvénients: It's time consuming removing the background from products manually and cropping only works horizontally and vertically but not free form or just diagonal. The viewing space when editing a project is impeded by the product drawer and the function menu. I wish it were easier to angle paint as well. Again it can only remain in square form which can be irritating. It would be nice if I could overlay my company's name over my concept boards (unless I'm missing something).

Overall, I am very happy with Design Files.

Publié le 11/12/2018
Amy M.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, I am happy with the program. However, If another program came available​ that would offer me these options (for the same price)I would most likely switch to another program that offered more customization.

Avantages: Design files allow​ me to be able to streamline my design work and communicate/collaborate with clients virtually. This has helped my business immensely​. I do have a few things that I dislike/ wish that Design Files could offer so I recently looked into switching to another program. However, after researching other programs out there I felt that Design Files was the most​ affordable, simple to use and is currently the best program out there​ for virtual design.

Inconvénients: I wish that you could customize things more, for example, the questionnaire, emails, the look for the site etc. my primary dislikes are that you can't provide coupon codes, that the chat doesn't​ carry over throughout the design and that you can't create a standard title block within the program.

Excellent tool for interior designer to bring your vision to life

Publié le 25/03/2019
Kristen S.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The ability to keep most of my client information and products in the one space as well as being able to invoice directly is such a time saver. The presentations are much more professional and digital. Love using this tool and look forward to growing with Design Files in the furture.

Avantages: - love the usability
- love the new distort feature
- happy with the invoicing directly from website featrure
- love the new questionnaire

Inconvénients: - dont like that the questionnaire isnt editable, the ability to add additional questions would be good
- dont like that when my clients are filling out questionnaire and visiting their presentations they are directed to designfiles.co website. My clients can find this confusing.
- would like to see the questionnaire be emailed from my address and not info@designfiles - again this can confuse my client as they are expecting it form me

Great application for our every day work

Jennifer W.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We are able to create boards very quickly, search easily, and send presentations to client right from the app. This is huge! Love the ability to turn off pricing and linking, so clients are focused on the products.

Avantages: Interface and ease of use
Easy to clip items from sites
Export image and PDF is amazing, we use it all the time
Being able to duplicate designs is key!
Being able to re-order boards

Inconvénients: Took us a while to properly set-up accounts so everyone could see all boards
These are more wish list items but would be nice to be able to select multiple images to re-size/delete/move
Would like to be able to clip multiple images (colors of something) off a site without having to create a new product each time.
The surface area for boards seems very small and we're cramming everything into a small space in the app. We often shrink it down, then re-size it
Would love to use delete button as well as trash can to remove items on boards

Amazing Platform!

Publié le 30/01/2019
Lisa J.
Foinder
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall there are enoug functions for us to create and manage clients. We have a “short” list of functionality we would love, but the service and ease of use for new for new designers is great. Thanks to the executive. + Team

Avantages: The clickable shopping list and uploading of products. We also love the comment options within the project for designer/client exchange.

Inconvénients: Receiving a notification for every comment is killing our inboxes. Would love an option on how to receive notifications. Once a Day. Once an hour, or something that would bundle them per project if made with in a certain amount of time. For both client and designer.
Or make some sort of instant message option, so it more like texting within the platform and you just get a PING sound when a designer/client makes a comment.
Also we really need categories for the Library. Take so much time searching our librbary. Loved Olio Boards category setup.

Working with DesignFiles....

Publié le 10/10/2018
Wendy W.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Positive from the outset. If you do not use CAD this is a great tool for any design business.

Avantages: The ability to create a room set simply with cut out features, sizing options etc. Work can be ordered into client projects, stored for later reference. Pricing, shop it features...long list. This has revolutionised my small design business. I have yet to use all of the available features!

Inconvénients: No floor plan drawing option although can import but would rather have the facility
The cutting out could still be improved
No cropping feature on paint colours, simply sizing up or down. Not enough.
More room sets please, possibly some UK home sets?
I would like a folder option to file finished work...by client

My Own e-Design Office!

Publié le 27/10/2018
Annette D.
Interior decorator/e-Designer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: DesignFiles has given me the opportunity to work on some decorating projects that I wouldn’t have been able to complete without it. It’s really inspired me to work on new decorating goals and try to grow my business.

Avantages: I think the thing I love the most is having the DesignFiles Browser Clipper. Although I really like the vendors on this site it’s so helpful to have the flexibility to clip products from outside sources. The download presentation with shoppable links is incredibly professional...LOVE it (and my clients love it too!) Also love being able to organize all of my projects in one place...it’s really like having my own virtual office space.

Inconvénients: I truly wish there was a way to place products in a room without having to search for something that has just the right angle so you can get the design perspective right. It really wastes a lot of time searching. It’s especiallu frustrating when you find something that’s perfect for a design but because you can’t adjust it and change the shape to fit the space you’re working on you have to find something else. This is ALWAYS a problem with rugs. I’ve gotten so frustrated that I rarely use them in 3D room designs.

Great tool for independent designers

Ellen B.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I love this tool and use it with most of my clients. I think my clients like the simple links and like to interact directly on the boards. It helps me so much as an independent designer as I cannot afford much but I need to have professional presentations.

Avantages: I love that this software helps organize my projects in a professional easy to use way.

Inconvénients: I believe there may be a few issues (or maybe I haven't figured it out) on organizing the products. I often want to delete some of my items since I collect items first then play with the ideas. My lists get long and cumbersome.
Also I wish there were a way to not trigger emails with every comment made on the boards.

Effortless and Professional Boards

Publié le 08/11/2018
Amanda E.
Operational Manager
Événementiel, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: After transitioning over to DesignFiles from Olioboards, we are thrilled with the additional features it offers and the support we have received. So far, A+!

Avantages: As wedding and event designers, there really isn't a program out there specifically for us in regards to creating stunning, customizable design boards for our clients. DesignFiles provides all of the easy-to-use tools and resources we desperately needed to make a program our own. Telling a story through a visual component, like a design board, is crucial to obtain and build on a client's trust - in our case, for the biggest day of their lives oftentimes. With DesignFiles, we are able to tangibly "recipe" our centerpieces (for example) by building them bloom-by-bloom and/or with hard goods accessories. This is a break-through for event design technology, and one we could not be more excited about!

Inconvénients: The only issue we've run into is sometimes having the program be a little slow to catch up. For instance, if we click and drag an object with our mouse, sometimes the object may not follow, or may take a while. Other than that, it is flawless.

DesignFiles Rocks

Stephanie F.
Interior Redesigner/Color Consultant/Decorator
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Outstanding. Whenever I've had a issue, DesignFiles has been right on top of it. Their customer service chat tab is great and has helped me in times when I needed an immediate answer. Everyone is really helpful and friendly and open to suggestions.

Avantages: I love walking into a client's home and showing how interactive DesignFiles can be. It's easy to use, so practical and convenient. I especially like having access to the paint colors. I like the use of the designer clipper. It has helped me create an extensive library from items across the country. I love the webinars!!

Inconvénients: I would like to see more vendor options than the ones provided. Perhaps more upscale like Restoration Hardware, Blu Dot, more lighting, flooring and fabric options, too.

DesignFile

Adi S.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I enjoy working with DedignFiles because it’s a great platform that allows me to show clients my design scheme and layout. I love the clients questionnaire page, and ability to write notes on each item that I pick for them. It’s a wonderful platform for communicating well with clients, so I can achieve a final design tailored to my clients needs and taste

Avantages: I like DesignFiles because it is simple to use, very efficient to show clients the color scheme and design layout of a room with 2D and 3D options, and my clients love the fact they can shop products that I recommend.

Inconvénients: I wish we had more options with rotating the items so I can place them in different ways. Also, we need a feature to be able to erase / change attached images on the project details page.