Great All-round Salon/Spa Software

Carla T.
Cosmétiques, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great overall experience- they take all feedback and often release new features due to popular demand. Constantly upgrading and improving their software.

Avantages: We love how extensive the system is- we can run reports on every thing we need, plus more! The customer service is great- they always answer our calls or emails very quickly.

Inconvénients: The cost, however, we are totally happy paying the cost as we receive so many benefits.

Aesthetic Industry

Aisling K.

Avantages: Online bookings
Reporting
Automation of marketing

Inconvénients: Clients unable to leave a review
Cost of text messages is too high

We have a much better reminder and re-booking system as well as detailed statistics etc - fabulous

Publié le 24/04/2018
Junia K.
Médecine douce, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: auto reminders, texting clients as no one listens to voicemail any more, many features such as reports which are comprehensive and allow me to track my business and how it is going, financial records, so many things.

Avantages: I like that it does so much and makes everyone do everything correctly as well. It picks up mistakes, and also allows us some freedom regarding reminders and also rostering staff is easy - there are great charting features and I am sure there are things Kitomba can do that I don't even know!

Inconvénients: The only thing I don't like is that it will not stop a staff member from making a sale without committing it properly, you can commit a sale but not put in the method of payment which overrides the actual sale and doesn't record it, which makes it complicated if staff have forgotton to go back and complete a sale. Settlement is then a nightmare !

Réponse de l'éditeur

envoyé par Kitomba le 02/05/2018

Hi Junia,
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It¿s really nice to hear how you use Kitomba and how it helps you. We can assist with your issue of sales being committed without payment, so someone from our support team will be in touch to help make this area work better for you.
Kind regards,
Anna

Fantastic Customer support

Leigh J.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I can always call Kitomba support to help guide me thru whatever it is I’m trying to do or searching for.
The customer marketing tools are very good

Inconvénients: Kitomba does not have the ability to create re-occurring bookings

Great business tool

Publié le 26/05/2019
Dorien V.
Ex Business owner
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I’ve found it a great tool to use, it’s easy to use and constantly being improved and updated. Thanks Kitomba I will miss seeing my business summaries now that I am no longer a client of yours.

Avantages: Access to business information quickly and efficiently for bookings, targets and KPIs wherever you are at anytime. Great support staff and continual improvements being made to stream line the experience for the user. Easy to use and data is easy to read and understand.

Inconvénients: Fairly Expensive for a small business, charges for txts and emails is not really worth the price considering most businesses Using this software will be messaging many clients regarding appointments. This means some businesses would be less likely to use the marketing tools available in the software as the messaging charges would Defeat the purpose of using the marketing tools and resources available to use in the software.

Keeps the salon on track.

Publié le 09/08/2019
Anita A.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Kitomba has been great for my salon it helps keep everything on track and I am able to see what is going on at work even when I'm not there. The new time sheet feature has been amazing it keeps my staff honest and saves a lot of time chasing them up to put in their hours.

Inconvénients: It does not integrate the hours from to.e sheet to zero.

Some of the reports are a little confusing and sometimes lack specific targeting.

Stephanie L.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Easy, comprehensive, great support. Always updating and keeping up with things. The staff are friendly and very helpful.

Inconvénients: Not sure if it adds product back if you delete or credit. I do find the everyday marketing a little hard to get sometimes and it is hard to target specifics (maybe I don't know how to use it) I often don't have time to to watch videos about the utilization of the system. Maybe if a planned rep visit to go over the finer things would be good. Now that we are with Mailchimp it would be good to maybe have the accepts promo box ticked as default and that way when mailchimp deletes it we know for sure it's not just an oversite. My docket printouts are also confusing because of where the separation line is. I would like to be able to also print out the clients treatment note history.

Kitomba review

Publié le 08/08/2019
Diana B.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The reporting is excellent and easy to use. It helps me measure my business KPI's on a daily basis. It also helps set my weekly, monthly targets and allows my team to access them easily through Kitomba one.
We receive about 10 online bookings per day which has really allowed us to grow our business.

Avantages: I love the reporting. The magic marketing is excellent and the customer service awesome. Prompt and informative.
I love Kitomba One and the Target facility. Also the Benchmarking is great.
The online booking service works well.

Inconvénients: We recently changed to a Mac and the software is not really compatible. It would be great if not was cloud based or just worked a bit better on the appointment interface.

Kitimba review

Dan H.
Hair stylist/ owner
Hôtellerie, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Generally great, can’t complain about the software or the tech support . I really like the system

Avantages: It’s a great system , easy to use and the customer support is great .

Inconvénients: It’s very expensive compared to every other similar software on the market for hairdressers. Even though it’s a great set up, it still feels like a bit of a rip off .
Also the accounts lady is a bit abrupt and not that friendly to deal with.

Good for small business, but far too basic for big business.

Danielle C.
Marketing Manager
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Our account person is super helpful and friendly, we get great deal of support, it's just unfortunate that some of the functionality is lacking.

Avantages: I like that the salons have so much great reporting available to them, unfortunately most sites aren't using this to its full potential and there is no way to look at some of these reports from Head Office or at a national level.

Inconvénients: Kitomba lacks a lot of functionality that a big, multi-site business requires, and is not set up to deliver standard retail functions in terms of promotions. For example Buy 2 get 1 Free promotions. Leaving offers to be manual entered, and actioned leaves the business open to errors and misuse. There is key gaps in the reporting available, and anything comparable requires running two reports and manually working out the variance which is something I would consider basic. Imagine if you could produce a report on points earned on a specific brand, during a specified time period... and charge the vendor for those points... you could create some clever promotions if the reporting and keying allowed. Had I been part of the decision process I would not have chosen Kitomba. It's basic, and geared largely towards single, or smaller businesses. The lure of having a points/rewards system is off set by the inability to easy look at the data at a nationwide level. There isn't even the ability to bulk up load quantities for sites across the group, for instance in a GWP promotion where I know and created the quantities per site, I have to leave it to the sites to enter the quantity (which they never do).

Great system with awesome support

Kristina Q.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: They are always available to help, and nithing is a problem.

Avantages: Ease of use, customer support is fantastic.

Inconvénients: Is more pricey than other systems, and costs for texts is high

Loyal Customer 5+ years

Publié le 25/11/2018
Alanna R.
Cosmétiques, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: For years I was so happy, however I am at the stage of looking else where if this online booking system error doesn’t get resolved.

Avantages: I like how easy and user friendly it was for staff and clients booking online and the reports. Also love K1.

Inconvénients: Online booking is fabulous when it’s working. For the past 7+ weeks so many clients have had issues and not been able to make there appointments and Kitomba recognised there was an issue said it was fixed but it’s definitely not. Still getting clients complaining it’s not working. Very disappointed 4 weeks till Christmas and this is happening for the price you pay.

Getting Better Every Time

Publié le 24/05/2018
Kyle W.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I can see what is booked in from where ever i am. No need to chase people regarding there appointment and client history. Ease of salon functions.

Avantages: I like that it can be set up to automatically do the work for you, when you know how to set this up. I feel its user friendly and easy to use and tech to use.

Inconvénients: Thats you cannot make a reoccurring appointment for clients that come weekly. we have to copy and paste the appointment. I don't like the online booking payment, that its done through PayPal. i feel having to transfer from PayPal to my account is just more work for me. so i have chosen not to have this option.

This is the only software that I have used so I cannot compare it to others.

Publié le 27/04/2018
Linda A.
Support client

Avantages: Easy to make appointments, get daily reports and get information on sales for each stylist and keep records for stock

Inconvénients: That it turns off every Sunday and we do not open on Mondays so I have to come to the salon to turn it back on so we can see that clients have confirmed their appointments or cancelled them for 9am start on Tuesdays.

Réponse de l'éditeur

envoyé par Kitomba le 02/05/2018

Hi Linda
Thanks for your review. It¿s great that you find Kitomba easy to use! We can help you to set up your Kitomba to automatically restart so you can easily see your client appointments on a Monday. One of our team will be in touch to help you with this.
Kind regards,
Anna

Easy to learn and pick up....

Kate M.
Cosmétiques, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Easy to use, can view when not at work, easy to work out features with create online support and just a phone call. Love team view so you can hope in and do what would take us hours. Nice peope to deal with on the end of the phone...understand that we have no idea.

Avantages: The customer service and pricing...have used a few and this is by far the best in both avenues. The online booking feature is a favourite with our clients and is easy use for them.

Inconvénients: Some appointment features could work better with rebooking. We book clients ahead and rescheduling appointments can be a little long winded to do.

Customer review

Publié le 07/08/2019
Kym H.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: How easy it is to use on a day to day basis

Inconvénients: The fact that I don’t know how to use all aspects of the program so don’t get the full experience out of it

We love Kitomba and all the Customer Service support has been amazing!

Publié le 08/05/2018
Annie G.
Salon Owner
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: From a manual (book and pen) system too Kitomba it has increased our service time, as kitomba you can automate text msgs, reminders, cautions and pos.

Avantages: Easier to navigate and teach
The text msg service
Campaign marketing messages
Clear fonts, tabs and headings
Cloud based storage and security

Inconvénients: The cost!
For a small business its very hard to justify spending (my approx. bill) on a booking system when there are so many other cheap options on the market that provide similar services.

Love kitomba

Sharon G.
Proprietor
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I love the online booking, the easy rebooking system.
Accounting of the totals for individual staff and number of clients, it makes tracking everything we do easy.

Avantages: Very easy to use and my staff all love and find it very easy to use would not use anything else.

Inconvénients: Nothing I can’t fault it, I love how easy it is and always help just a phone call away.

We have had excellent service from all of your staff.

Publié le 02/05/2018
Carolyn S.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: A comprehensive daily working booking system. Good reporting and stock control. Also some good extra features associated with hairdressing and beauty

Avantages: It provides a diverse range of information useful to me as Administrator. It is user friendly and has been designed well in my opinion. The reporting is good and our staff seem to be handling it well.

Inconvénients: Not necessarily Kitomba's fault but the L'Oreal Matrix sector of our inventory which is also the largest, has a number of anomalies whereby product is duplicated under slightly different names and sectors. Also inconsistency's. Spaces, capitals and descriptions need to be identical.

what a difference a year makes.....

Publié le 07/01/2015
Heather D.
Support client

Commentaires: People often say what a difference a day makes. In my case I say what a difference a year makes.
Our salon has now been using Kitomba for one year. In that time we have been able to achieve a much better handle on our stock, our productivity and most of all our clients needs.
Kitomba support - We had to introduce the system in the first week of December due to issues with previous software suppliers. I know, OMG I thought in the busiest time of the year. However it was made so easy with the support we got on site initially and then on line. Everyone at Kitomba respects your issue, deals with it promptly and most of all, completely satisfying my needs. I also love the 1/2 hour webinar to aid the learning process. Stock and clients - the system has given us such a good look at our stock e.g. what been sitting on shelve too long and clients e.g. when last purchased product that we have been able to react quickly to issues. Feedback from clients love the on line appointment, the text for their birthdays and the Kitomba $$ loyalty programme. The team - It has been great to set up the commission system for each employee, the ability to work out their wages in one easy action is fantastic. We also use the reporting system on K1 i.e. benchmarking to show each team member how they are going. If there is a con to the system it is that while everything is there to use from day one I have found it best to introduce the great systems in a balanced way. This aids the team and also makes sure the learning is there before the next training. I prioritised what I was having the most issues with then went to it Overall I highly recommend this product

Easy Kitomba

Publié le 23/05/2019
Veronica H.
director
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The best costumer service i have ever come across. Everything is made easy, everything is explained and sorted within a few minutes.

Avantages: The best part about Kitomba is that its so easy to use. It has more futures than you will use, but its great to know that you have it there encase you ever need it.

Inconvénients: Probably the price. I wish some of the futures were optional, and you would be able to add them as you need.

Changed our business for the best

Louise A.
Cosmétiques, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The targets are a great incentive for our staff to focus on and have definitely influenced sales.

Avantages: The online booking, now I don't spend hours making appointments.
The automatic texting to confirm the next days appointments.
The reporting for stock levels, ordering, business numbers

Inconvénients: Can not think of anything that i did not like.

The customer service has always been fantastic, always happy to guide me through any issues

Evin A.
hairdresser owner
Support client

Avantages: I like the benchmark settings, the reports and the accessibility on my phone to change or update appointments

Inconvénients: I have had a few difficulties with the phone application, like wanting to book an appointment but not send a text confirmation which it automatically will, and sometimes moving appointments or changing their time does not always function smoothly

Natasha H.
Rédaction et correction, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Haven’t really had any issues it wud be good to have onsite training with all my staff. I would like more as a business owner I brought the salon and there is a lot of stuff on there that I feel I am not getting full use out of because of lack of knowledge

Avantages: It was just there when I purchased the salon I would change but it’s to hard

Inconvénients: I find it’s hard to get support to actually come out and do training with staff and it’s so EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE for what it is the only reason I won’t change is because it is what we all know and it is to hard

Have been with Kitomba for many years, good to know it just keeps ticking along..

Jenny C.
Business owner
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, Auto-entrepreneur

Commentaires: Lower DNA rate than many

Avantages: Local assistance if required.
Ease of use, ability to set up in multiple locations. Not sure what else I'm supposed to say I've been using it for 10+ years!

Inconvénients: Cost of text reminders is too high. K1 looks too odd to use to any great detail.
Would like to investigate further use of email/letters from info in files.