4,8 /5
    4,7 /5
  • Service client
    4,9 /5

En savoir plus sur Koan

Un moyen facile pour aider les dirigeants et les équipes à planifier et atteindre leurs objectifs, découvrir des informations et rester motivés.

En savoir plus sur Koan

76 avis affichés

Patrick W.
Director of CX
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 26/02/2020

"Great tool to help keep the team focused"

Commentaires: It's been great. The team has been super responsive when I've reported issues.

Avantages: I loved that there was an accessible tier for my team to get acquainted with the product and keep ourselves organized. The OKR framework is a solid one, and the weekly reflections are now a core part of our team's working pattern. While we haven't started to use the tie-ins, I'm glad to hear that they are building integrations with things like Jira to pull work streams together.

Inconvénients: There's a fair bit of complexity to doing OKRs well, which is mostly unavoidable. It'll be interesting if they can adapt and simplify the framework somehow.

• Publié le 26/02/2020
Joel K.
Problem Manager
Restaurants, 10 000+ employés
  • Publié le 02/01/2020

"Koan - OKR software with reflections"

Commentaires: I tried out OKR's on my team in 2019. I wanted a simple software solution that would allow me to have a centralized place for my team to see everyone's OKRs and to have a weekly reflections for accountability. The bonus is that Koan's integration with Slack reminds each of us to update our weekly reflections. It also allows me and the rest of the team to comment on my direct report's weekly reflections. We piloted this in 2019 and decided to go all in with the entire team in 2020.

Avantages: Koan is simple to use. The real magic to Koan is the weekly reflections and the integration into Slack. This keeps my team of Level 3 support analysts on track for not just their day-to-day work but also their special projects to move us forward on our key objectives. It has created real focus and alignment.

Inconvénients: It doesn't have integration into Microsoft Outlook where it can automatically pull calendar data and summarize it for me each week.

• Publié le 02/01/2020
Shana N.
marketing and communications leader
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 26/11/2019

"getting to know each other"

Commentaires: I've been used it since obe month so were are just getting to know each other, but its not as easier as other PM sites.

Avantages: You can share with your team commun goals, you can track the activities and select the status of the goal (at risk, has issues, on track). You can select a deadline to each goal and all the individual activities are very visible

Inconvénients: its not so practical and intuitive, there's a lot of functions and its not very organized. You can get a lot of confused with others goals or proyects.

• Publié le 26/11/2019
Folu O.
COO
Services et technologies de l'information, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 15/09/2020

"Excellent product for a startup"

Avantages: Appreciate the flexibility of the product as well as the frequent updates to features. Having visibility across our organization on team goals and their relationship to company objectives is vital.

Inconvénients: Some of the features are still in beta form and being iterated upon as you use.

• Publié le 15/09/2020
Roy N.
Head of UA
Logiciels, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 19/12/2020

"Koan helps us tremendously with so many things!"

Commentaires: I first discovered the OKR methodology at my previous company, where we used to write and track on that via Google Sheets. We were also using another SaaS product just for reflections.
When joined my current company I was happy to learn KOAN is implemented and we can do everything in one place. The platform really helps you as an individual and as a part of a team, and a company. I really recommend it.

Avantages: The platform is very friendly, fast, intuitive, and keeps updating. I love how everything is saved automatically and also the fact we can access it from any device. Also the reminders features are helpful.

Inconvénients: Nothing that I can think of....everything has been going smoothly for me.

• Publié le 19/12/2020
Mike S.
Operations Manager
Recherche, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 24/10/2019

"Simple, easy-to-use OKR software"

Commentaires: We are a small and growing team. Koan helps orient new staff to our company objectives and how their work fits in. We review Koan at our weekly exec meeting and it's improved the understanding of what's happening across our organization.

Avantages: - Koan was extremely easy to set up.
- They provided resources to help introduce OKRs to our team and assist with onboarding.
- Whenever I have questions, I often got a response in realtime through the live chat.
- New features are added on the regular, with no bloat or excess

Inconvénients: - Hope to see more export and print options soon
- More features to support 1:1s and performance management
- UX can be a bit confusing, due to similarities between team and company views

• Publié le 24/10/2019
Fabio K.
Senior Research Scientist
Traduction et localisation, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 03/12/2020

"Very practical"

Avantages: Koan allows easily defining OKRs and their leads, and the weekly reflections feature is great for keeping the team engaging and aware of their progress. What I liked most, though, are the integrations with Jira and Slack. In Slack it allows check-ins, for asynchronous stand-ups, and from Jira it allows adding pulling issues into progress or challenges in weekly reflections. Overall, it's being a great tool for the team.

Inconvénients: In the past there were a few hiccups in adding more than one item in weekly reflections, for example, but it didn't take long to be fixed. Currently, I sometimes miss issues from Jira, to add to reflections. And it would be great to configure check-in reminders on a biweekly basis instead of weekly.

• Publié le 03/12/2020
Rebecca G.
Organizational Development Manager
Logiciels, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 10/11/2020

"Great Communication and Goal Tracking Tool"

Commentaires: Our experience with Koan overall has been positive! As an organization, we are better prepared to identify focused goals and provide transparency and strengthen our communication. The other element of Koan that goes unmatched is its superior customer support. Everyone from the contract discussions, impromptu emails, help center questions, or annual reviews has been wonderful!

Avantages: One of the best things about Koan is its ability to keep teams connected through the reflection feature. By focusing on documented goals, it is easy to see when work toward the identified goal is taking place and when distractions sneak in.

Inconvénients: While the reflections are wonderful - there are still a few limitations with the customization features and notification options in that area. However, the Koan staff is always willing to hear our suggestions and they are truly interested in how we are using the product so they can make informed decisions on future enhancements of the software.

• Publié le 10/11/2020
Patrick P.
Sr. Director of Data Science
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 28/08/2020

"Makes life easier"

Avantages: I love that our weekly updates no longer live in email and are now in a tool where updates are stored over time and easily shared across the team. It's also made it easy to cut down on meetings by making it incredible easy to do an async standup two days a week. Support team is also great, they are quick to answer any questions and provide help.

Inconvénients: A few minor issues getting the slack integration working at the beginning, but nothing significant and the support was outstanding.

• Publié le 28/08/2020
Ronald A.
Software Engineering Manager
Logiciels, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 08/12/2020

"Koan - a great tool to facilitate asynchronous up and downstream communication"

Commentaires: I love it. It's light and easy to use. It's so simple to tell my boss (and their boss on up) what they need to know about my team. That weekly status update takes minutes. I can also browse the rest of my group and see what is happening. I'm looking forward to using Koan to help seed my yearly review as I use the tool to look back on my weekly accomplishments.

Avantages: I can easily let my management chain know the status of my team's projects. I can quickly check how other teams are progressing. My group uses Koan to do a weekly update. All our quarterly objectives are tracked as well. We also use the tool to raise visibility on issues that may complicate next week's deliverables.

Inconvénients: It works great for our use case. We don't use the Slack integration yet but I think I'd like it.

• Publié le 08/12/2020
Jennifer R.
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 05/04/2020

"Great for aligning across diverse functions and large teams - keeps the drumbeat through the noise"

Commentaires: Our organisation has a number of very different parts to it, and many volunteers and external partner entities we work with too. We were also radically ramping up our offering and thus changing in the skills and processes needed. At the time we implemented Koan, and OKRs, it felt like a thousand "key" (haha) results were needed. And keeping everyone clear on the purpose and core measures of success in order that they can stay aligned yet go full speed using their own initiative and creativity is hard at the best of times. Koan was easy and quick to implement, and together with the people and physical world OKR activities, enabled us to navigate through that noise and achieve a significant amount of our stretch goals during the 14 months since we implemented it. It has also been easy to modify and change our implementation as our maturity with OKRs has grown.

Avantages: It is easy to use. The structure forces you to clarity on the key activities or work streams by which you intend to achieve your primary objectives and enables 360 communication across and within teams and divisions. You soon see any misunderstandings about what's important or the gaps between teams, functions and individual roles and can quickly act to remedy those. It's a vital leadership tool as the organisation grows, and frankly even when it's small, to achieve real alignment and focus. You could theoretically model and track your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) on a spreadsheet, but that simply doesn't work in practice. The weekly updating and reflection functionality provides a valuable drumbeat. Sometimes that is uncomfortable, but therein lies the value because it keeps bringing you back to your intended priorities and plans across teams, individuals and the organisation.

Inconvénients: The Cons are not so much about the software itself but about the nature of OKR implementation. Do not be under the illusion that the software can do it for you. The software is a vital tool, but you still have to do the hard work of figuring out with your team members, the MOST important objectives for that stage in your organisation's growth, and then selecting the small number of KEY result that will get you there - across multiple functions, teams and levels of responsibility. If you're only getting started with OKRs, expect to have to revise and redo. And treat that as valuable in itself. Lack of clarity in the physical world will manifest on the tool. Seeing and fixing that is incredibly valuable, but it's hard and takes persistence. Re support, we're 8 to 10 hours ahead of the USA, so I'd love to see them expand support beyond US business hours.

• Publié le 05/04/2020
Seth T.
VP of Product
Services aux consommateurs, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 31/01/2020

"Ease of Coordination and Transparency"

Commentaires: My team is fairly distributed, and Koan gives us great consistency for checking in against our goals and gaining insight into what we're all working on. I'm also finding as we work more and more cross-functionally that the ability to have initiatives that are owned by multiple teams is very valuable.

Avantages: The weekly reflection is lightweight but powerful for both progress monitoring as well as forward planning.

Inconvénients: It still requires a lot of manual input and manipulation of items one at a time, rather than being able to do imports or batch modify items. It makes the process of using it a little more cumbersome, but it doesn't significantly inhibit its main functionality.

• Publié le 31/01/2020
Lawrence W.
Head of OKR Projects
Formation professionnelle et coaching, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 17/04/2020

"Views of an OKR Consultant"

Commentaires: Fantastic. Great product, great service, great value All of the clients that we have introduced to the platform love and that is what we need

Avantages: As an OKR Consultant I see numerous pieces of software - the stand out feature of Koan is its focus on facilitating conversation. The talks that take place about OKRs between teams, peers, and up and down the chain are by far the most valuable thing that the OKR framework brings to an organisation. Koan helps to keep these structured and regular with all of our clients

Inconvénients: Nothing, in particular, I don't like about the product. Different pieces of OKR software have different priorities, but Koan is definitely the one that fits my methodology the best

Einar I.
CTO
Services et technologies de l'information, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 22/04/2019

"Get serious about your objectives with Koan"

Commentaires: Koan helped us focus around our objectives and key results like no other software has. We use this actively every week in an all hands where we walk through everyones weekly reflections and we also get an arena for immediate feedback with regards to our objectives, both within teams and on a company level. This has helped us become more focused and structured. As a team lead, giving personal feedback on reflections has been great as well.

Avantages: After trying quite a few different solutions out there, we landed on Koan. It is the most feature complete with regards to doing Objectives and Key Results. Its full support for teams and the ability to create high level company goals and link these together from a lower team level is just a breeze. Love the ease of linking in general. Makes it a powerful way to align an organization with multiple teams. The weekly reflection part is super useful and the ability to constantly score our progress.

Inconvénients: Not too much to say on the con side; I do however miss a native mobile solution - but that might just be me. We're a software development company and we'd also love to see how we could link our OKRs to our roadmap, and perhaps even fully integrated.

• Publié le 22/04/2019
Maynard W.
Services financiers, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 29/10/2019

"Keeps our team in sync"

Commentaires: We used to send weekly updates using email and word docs with no structure. Now it's all in Koan with the ability to see historical updates, create the sections and fields we want, add some personality and gifs, and attach a score to our project status. We use this as our primary material for weekly team standup meetings. The Koan team has been a pleasure to work with as well.

Avantages: I love the weekly status feature. This lets our team members see what everyone is working on and where they're stuck. I've seen many management systems implemented throughout my career and Koan makes it extremely easy to coordinate our efforts. We also make a game out of who submits their status first and last!

Inconvénients: We haven't made full use of the software yet (e.g. OKRs) as we are only 6 people. This might be the most useful part for larger companies.

• Publié le 29/10/2019
Aaron W.
Co-founder & CEO
Internet, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 24/06/2020

"Love your feedback :)"

Commentaires: We started as one of the initial beta customers back in 2018. The product keeps growing and maturing in and the team is super responsive to feedback and ideas. Once the planning and reflection habit took hold in our business, Koan quickly became an essential part of our toolkit for creating a high performance culture.

Avantages: Super lightweight way to drive momentum across the whole organization. We use Koan across the entire organiszation to track progress against quarterly goals at an individual level. Love how it keeps everyone aligned on goals and progress and signals if goals are at risk (by checking in on confidence levels each week). Also, a helpful prompt and interface to share feedback and appreciation with individuals.

Inconvénients: Could benefit by having a way to track key business metrics as well.

• Publié le 24/06/2020
Mark B.
VP Future Infrastructure Group
Télécommunications, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 29/04/2020

"Seamless OKR Management"

Commentaires: Integrates OKR management seamlessly into our daily activities.

Avantages: Leveraging Koan to manage OKRs across teams and our entire organization significantly reduced the burden and overhead of using the OKR process. It's transformed the way we engage around OKRs and report on progress week to week. Reflections are the go-to feature for capturing our team's progress and making that visible across teams and to leadership.

Inconvénients: I'd like to see more integration with other tools that we use to track project activity and tie that into our weekly reflections.

• Publié le 29/04/2020
Nicole H.
SVP, Talent, Engagement and Development
Services et technologies de l'information, 10 000+ employés
  • Publié le 09/01/2020

"Drives Engagement and Connection"

Avantages: KOAN allows me to stay connected to the multiple teams in my organization on a weekly basis. The reflection questions allow us to gauge our progress, recognize and celebrate one another and ask for help as needed. My favorite feature is the ability to customize reflection questions to bring a more human element to the team. These allow us to really get to know one another and creates a sense of community and belonging. Koan's customer service is amazing and it's easy to get up and running in minutes.

Inconvénients: I don't use all the features but appreciate that they are there when I want them...

• Publié le 09/01/2020
Juan pablo R.
Business Development Manager
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 05/05/2020

"Great tool to track your OKRs"

Commentaires: It's been very helpful. It is easy to prioritise my tasks of the week.

Avantages: 1. The platform adapts to our types of OKRs 2. It helps our team to be focused on the tasks that matter the most for achieving results. 3. The weekly reflection feature helps our team to prioritise and to support others.

Inconvénients: If you miss one weekly reflection you loose the tasks you did two weeks ago, therefore you need to go back and look for them.

• Publié le 05/05/2020
Karin H.
Executive Assistant
Études de marché, 10 000+ employés
  • Publié le 02/07/2020

"Nice, informal project tracker"

Commentaires: Often we go through our weeks with so many meetings and we wonder at the end of the week, "what did I get done?" Koan provides a great, easy space to reflect, jot down as much or as little as you need to show that you DID make progress (despite, and sometimes because of the meetings) and share that progress with your team.

Avantages: Our team uses Koan to inform the rest of the team about the important things we've done the past week, what we plan on doing the next week, and to give an informal status of our involvement on large projects. We also use it as a place to let others on the team know where we may need help. I like that it feels casual, doesn't feel "corporate" or "stuffy - just a place to gather our thoughts and track our projects.

Inconvénients: I can't think of any improvements that I would make

• Publié le 02/07/2020
João miguel D.
Operations Manager
Logiciels, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 09/08/2019

"The most simple to use OKR tool in the market"

Commentaires: I am a big fan of KPIs tools that help people get focused. OKRs are not really understood by managers as a performance tool. It can make huge impact on organizations. Koan delivers a simple and easy to start with platform that other tools make too complex for DIY. But for bigger organizations might be too simple. It is exactly "less is more"

Avantages: Easiness to use. Simple and effective UX. Good customer support and material to DIY.

Inconvénients: The idea behind it is to make the staff/team meetings and 1-1s more effective. Also to make all teams aligned on the objectives and detect problems early on. It should be easier to go through each OKR 1 by 1 and in between teams to make the staff meetings effective. There should be a report or some sort of compiled information to address on the meetings we could use.

• Publié le 09/08/2019
Emily K.
Digital Media Marketing Specialist
Logiciels, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 17/04/2020

"Koan helps us exceed our goals"

Commentaires: Koan has helped us track data, build morale, and absolutely crush our goals. With a positive mindset, Koan can help you go farther than you thought possible.

Avantages: I find that Koan is very easy to use. It seems like everything they provide in the software has a purpose in helping us not only meet, but exceed our goals. I love how we can keep close tabs on our goals and keep our team in the loop. There have been a few instances where we made a goal for ourselves, which seemed out of reach, but we exceeded them. That showed us that we were capable of so much more than we thought we could as a small team.

Inconvénients: Koan has worked great for our team. We've used it for over a year now, and at this time I don't have any complaints.

Rob S.
Head of Product
Assurance, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 16/12/2019

"Useful way to orient team toward goals"

Commentaires: Our team loves this software. It's the right balance between gathering the information needed to make decisions / vs. / not being difficult and annoying to use. Fully recommend to any startup team with rapidly changing goals as a way to keep team pointed in the right direction.

Avantages: Weekly cadence and OKR format is great. We used to use spreadsheets to manage our OKRs, and this is such a better interface, plus provides detail and progress updates in a way that's easy to monitor. Our team has gotten a ton of value from this tool.

Inconvénients: I think there are several features that would be great to add - namely more around feedback (ability to give peer/upward feedback, respond to feedback from supervisor) and mobile interface (currently somewhat difficult to fill out reflections on mobile).

• Publié le 16/12/2019
Nick B.
Strategic Customer Success Manager
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 04/06/2020

"Simple is good"

Commentaires: Thinking like a COO we are all working in the same direction and it makes it easy to flag something for discussion before its off track or late.

Avantages: The Koan value is that its not a tool that does everything for everyone. Its simple and our team is able to review OKRs and our progress in seconds.

Inconvénients: I think there are improvements coming for users to more easily view other peoples deliverables and how an individuals progress impacts a bigger goal but its not a deal breaker since the summary pages are easy to understand.

• Publié le 04/06/2020
Douglas H.
Regional Portfolio Specialist
Hôtellerie, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 26/03/2020

"Ease of Use and Informative Product"

Avantages: There are many amazing benefits to KOAN. I tis extremely easy to setup and use. I am on a team with about 40 to 50 other team members and I love that I am able to go in and look at weekly updates from my individual team members and the department as a whole. It links in with our personal and team OKRs which provide additional support and guidance for us to reach our goals. May seem minor but the fact that each week I get a reminder that my review is due is awesome. I work in a very busy industry but it is important to stay up to date on our weekly reviews. And final area that is absolutely the cherry on top for me is that fact that each week it provides reminders of what I listed as my to dos from the week before so I can check off what I did do and then if there is something I missed I can add it to my next week's items to complete. Overall, the product is very beneficial and I would recommend it for an team who values working together to accomplish their goals.

Inconvénients: Honestly, I have been using the software for 6 months and I have not found anything that I dislike about the software.

• Publié le 26/03/2020