Avis clients sur Monograph

En savoir plus sur Monograph

Logiciel de gestion du temps et de gestion de projet pour architectes et ingénieurs, conçu par des architectes.

En savoir plus sur Monograph

I think that you can integrate the time sheets but i would like to have a way to do planing of a project.

I think the project fee tracking could be a little more detailed and some of the features are a bit difficult to find / navigate.

Monograph - Notes

Monograph a reçu une note globale de 4,5 étoiles sur 5 d'après 185 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Note du produit

Note du produit

Utilisation

Classer par

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Monograph ?

Erik
Owner Architect (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées :

We love Monograph and use it daily to track time, schedule and budget

4,0 il y a 6 mois

Commentaires : Great! So very helpful and easy for my small architecture firm to implement and my staff to use. It keeps everyone abreast of each projects schedule, budget and expenses. The schedule Gannt Chart graphic is awesome. Readily shows our progress, our expenditures and milestones.

So easy right out of the box for our architecture firm. All the phases, schedules and budgets are prepopulated, just a little editing is needed and you're on your way. It's nice to see Monograph taking our comments and pumping up new and improved features on a regular basis.

Invariably, our accountants need to use Quickbooks. Which is forcing us to still have QBO. The interface and synchronization between Monograph and QBO is lacking. For one, the invoice numbers get lost and have to be manually checked and plugged into QBO after the fact. A real pain if not done right away. Also, the connection to Quickbooks is lost ever day, which I almost always don't notice until I am at the end of an invoice and have to back out, force the connection and then go back into the invoice to send to QBO. Would be nice to have the connection constant or be able to update it straight from an invoice when we would send data to QBO. Also, if QBO doesn't have the client or project, it won't send the invoice data. Which is less than helpful. Lots of manual back data needed to push a new client, invoice to QBO. Way too much.

Lea
Lea
President (É.-U.)

Beautiful and Transparent Firm and Project Management Tool

5,0 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : We've been able to solve our issue of having tons of data in different places, unable to reconcile them - assignments, pipeline/backlog, time tracking, budgets, etc. We tried to build something ourselves with the tools we had until we found Monograph, who does it perfectly, and understands what it takes to do architectural projects. The staff is incredible, and the expanded focus they've placed on building a community of practice operations nerds is SO valuable. From the product to the people to the community, they're incredible.

Monograph is so beautifully designed that my team of architects enjoy looking at an analyzing data now. We love how past, current, and future fee and staffing projections are married together to give us a clear picture of our firm's profitability and staff and project needs. Our firm owners can see high level firm health info, our project managers can see how they're performing on their projects, and our staff can see exactly what they should be working and reporting on. I also appreciate that it's a newer platform that's constantly putting out new updates, features, and functionality.

We understand that it takes time to build a great product and some things are going to be missing or slightly off as the platform improves. There are some minor annoyances with reporting functions, exporting features, and how resources are assigned work, but we get around it for now. Accurately tracking overhead time and PTO could use major improvement. I'd love to see different user types for guests and/or independent contractors - it's too high of a price point to invite part time 1099 contract staff to use it, but would be very convenient if they could track time directly against our projects on Monograph. I'd also like to see more app integrations.

il y a 7 mois

Thank you for your feedback! We've added these items to our request board for the team to review for future enhancements. We'd be happy to set up a call with our customer experience team to learn more about your needs!

Adam

Alternatives envisagées :

Huge improvement from previous time tracking and project management software.

5,0 il y a 10 mois

Commentaires : Much better way to log time and track project profitability. Requires some in depth front end set up to make truly useful, but the output is a big improvement from how we were previously tracking projects, and the user interface is a joy to work within.

Love the ability to track project profitability and budget time.

Since it's a developing software, there are still some reporting, formatting, and 3rd party integrations we'd love to see (such as utilization rates as a percentage, individual hours spent on billable projects by user, customizable invoicing, and QuickBooks enterprise edition).

il y a 7 mois

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Monograph! We recently added more customizations to Invoices and launched Stripe Payments. You can find more information in our Knowledge Base at support.monograph.com or by visiting our Changelog at monograph.canny.io/changelog. We've added your other suggestions to our request board for the team to review for future enhancements.

Morgan
Business Manager (É.-U.)

Outstanding Software and Company

5,0 l’année dernière

I love how comprehensive Monograph is. You don't have to spend a ton of time "finding" features; it is mainly common sense! The gantt charts are easy to understand at a glance, and for normal employees the software makes it very simple to keep track of your time and expenses. Highly recommend this software.

We do wish we could customize our invoices a bit more. As an architecture firm, we are laser-focused on all material that goes out from our firm - including invoices. These are a little basic in terms of aesthetic, but I know Monograph is working on implementing more capabilities regarding this. Not a big complaint at all!

il y a 7 mois

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Monograph! We recently added more customizations to Invoices and also launched Stripe Payments. You can find more information in our Knowledge Base at support.monograph.com or by visiting our Changelog at monograph.canny.io/changelog

Urbanisme et architecture, 2-10 employés

A super user-friendly, functional, time and project management option for Architects

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : We're honestly just getting started, but the company seems very approachable and open to building in features as required. I like the flexibility and nimbleness that they're offering. It's an EASY to understand interface as well.. and that's just the BEST.

I was really looking for a time tracking and project management tool for our Architects and PM's to be able to actively see how their hours are tracking against contract budgets. Every month, we were using exported xls spreadsheets to review time already spent - and every month, I'd notice that we'd be coming up short on projects. Their "money gantt" feature allows all employees to see how they're tracking on project's profitability in real-time. It's a great tool for both employees and employers to keep everyone on track.

It's young... meaning that some of the features are still being implemented and developed. However, that's not necessarily a bad thing. New features are coming fast. Integration of customer feedback seems to happen quickly.

l’année dernière

Thank you for the kind feedback! We're so glad to hear that you enjoy using Monograph.

Juan
Director of Operations (Colombie)
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Essai gratuit

Custom made for Architects

Commentaires : So far we are working on building our workflow with the system, Its good and simple to organize projects and resources. It saves a lot of hours and I really look forward to those free hours on getting more projects.

I like the way the software is built for our industry, the developers understand our unique way of managing operations and business. It comes with an amazing team that is there for you all the time.

I think there are two areas of improvement 1- Schedules, although the scheduling tool is very good for team management it lacks a mode where you can have a more detailed, presentation type schedule, to share with the clients and consultants. 2- Invoicing, we could use an online payment option with the invoicing system.

Julia
Architectural Designer (É.-U.)

Perfect for Architecture Phasing & Project Management

Commentaires : It's much easier for me to keep track of project phasing and time spent towards various projects, clients and/or architectural phases. As a young aspiring professional, it's been a relief to have found such a user-friendly and organizationally-thorough project and work management software to help me navigate and organize my architectural career.

Integrating Monograph with our existing business processes was quite easy, and we soon found that the Monograph interface offered every aspect of project organization and management that we could think of. I'm currently collecting my AXP hours with the intention of becoming licensed, and this system has also made it very easy for me to refer to past timesheets and easily determine which AXP categories have been satisfied by various hours and requirements. Also, the team at monograph was always helpful and quick to respond, even on matters that weren't urgent.

The only thing that is missing from this software is a corresponding phone app, ideally with just as navigable an interface as the website layout. Hopefully over time and with enough support, Monograph will be able to develop this in the upcoming future.

l’année dernière

Thank you for your feedback! While we do not currently have a mobile app, you can visit our Knowledge Base at support.monograph.com for information on how to add our mobile site as a Home Screen Shortcut, so that you can easily track your timesheet on the go.

Nick
Director of Innovation (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées :

Monograph has come a long way, and its future is bright!

Commentaires : Our company searched long and hard for a project management platform before deciding to move forward with Monograph way back in the Beta version. We wanted a place we could go to tell us how we were doing on project estimation and budgets, as well as a scheduling tool we could go to in order to see when we could fit certain projects into our pipeline. Monograph does both exceedingly well.

I love the ease of use of Monograph. For the level of detail Monograph supports, it's always easy and super intuitive to use.

Monograph does not interface with Quickbooks, so you either have to invoice from Monograph and duplicate in QB or duplicate time in QB to invoice in there. Either way you're doubling up work, which is not ideal.

l’année dernière

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Monograph! We're currently in the process of enhancing our Invoicing. You'll be notified within your dashboard once the updates have been released! You can also stay in the loop on updates by visiting monograph.canny.io/changelog

Marcella
Creative Designer (É.-U.)
Urbanisme et architecture, 2-10 employés

Not quite perfect but a huge step up nonetheless

Commentaires : Overall, I would say that my team is pretty happy with everything Monograph has done for us so far. Keep in mind, we're only a month into use. It's taken about 3 weeks to move most of our past data into the software and that's partially due to being a smaller team during a slow period before the next wave of work hits. I'm nitpicking in the cons because this software is genuinely just that close to covering all of the basis our firm needs as far as project management goes and, once they address those issues, this will absolutely save you time and headache in figuring out how well a project's timeline is doing.

After we reached a point in needing software to manage our several projects, this was absolutely what we need to help keep track of allotting time fairly. Being able to plan your week out in advance, see your timeline and budget, and what hours your teammates are assigned all in once place is a crucial asset for a growing business.

UI still has a lot of kinks that need to be worked out as well as a few features that many businesses would have a need for. An example of UI is how the time is logged as hourly instead of WHEN you worked (like 3pm-4:30pm in a meeting). Another example is that the time tracking interface on the sidebar can be finicky (such as sometimes the time entries you've created for the day will randomly go missing but reappear when you refresh the page.) Biggest feature missing is while this app is tailor made for managing projects, there's no designated space for Office Management time tracking (such as office meetings, maintenance, marketing, things that can't be charged towards a client). We were told this was a common request that they were working on, but that in the mean time, retrofitting a "project" into office management was the current best practice. Having tasks be somehow integrating into time tracking (such as, associating the hours logged to a task that was assigned) would be incredibly helpful.

EunHea
Owner Designer (É.-U.)

It's ok for basic uses

Commentaires : I am not solving any business problems through Monograph. I just use it daily to track time, create invoices, maybe track projects.

I can track my time per project and create invoices from it which is my primary use. The format of the software is simple and easy to read and mostly navigate.

You cannot customize the invoice - the default invoice format is also quite large; I'm surprised that this was designed by architects and not customizable. It doesn't quite make sense about how to track budgets and time in the project setup so I have not used it as much. It's not as flexible either if your project is very flexible and not as rigid (hourly, open ended, etc). Customer service is kind of hit or miss; it takes a few days for a response and then at one point, I had to schedule a zoom call appt just to answer a question that could have taken a few minutes to properly answer (they could not clearly answer my question in a chatbox). They say they are a project management software company and not an accounting company which I understand, but time is always tied to money in an architectural software tracking projects. So the fact that I cannot really look back and report on invoice tracking (YTD, MTD, etc.) and estimates and whatnot, seems counterproductive to me. I was told to use another software program to do all my accounting. I was initially looking for a one stop shop to provide all my needs as a working designer/architect. The other programs I've looked into also fall short so it is what it is.

Kendle
Urbanisme et architecture, Auto-entrepreneur

Hopeful for more features

1. Strongest features are the Gantt type graph with small bar showing progress on value earned. Second, the roles that can be assigned independently.

2. The first month I used the software, I loved it. However, as the months go on, I have found that it doesn’t easily recap and present information as I hoped. Some of the tools and filters give decent overviews, but not specific enough information for a manager/proprietor. 3. Need to have clients that can assign project below and add filters in reports, widgets, project view, etc. of items by client. 4. Adjust dates by pulling graphical bars w/o having to open project “edit” mode, also gives ability to see other projects’ schedules when adjusting. I do like the new update with it defaulting to the planner instead of the general information. But you should be able to adjust schedules in context - that is the advantage of the project view in your design. Leverage it further. 5. Values shown exceed fixed amounts, should show effective hourly rate instead of “value earned” as hourly add-up of time. Or an option that payroll will exceed budget with the value earned calculation you are using. Problem is, even the “fixed” budgets add up this way in the dashboard which does not accurately portray for flat fee projects. Could have more options in this manner for employee pay as well. Some projects are flat fees for freelancers you hire, etc. 6. When invoicing, adding hours to the invoice does not provide any options for knowing what is previously billed. You must manually look back at each invoice to determine what is new billable hours. Extra steps are more time consu

Teresa
Office Administrator (É.-U.)

Using Monograph to Track Payroll and Project Status

Commentaires : I've listed a lot of this under "pros" above, but in essence I'm very happy with Monograph so far for setting up projects, phases and using the time sheets. With a little time and effort I've figured out how to use much of it on my own and anything I didn't understand I was able to get help with from the wonderful Monograph support staff through articles or actually email and chat.

I really like how fully customizable Monograph is for a small architecture firm. I'm still learning how to use everything. As a new Monograph user it's refreshing to reach out and ask for help and get the correct answer to all my questions in a timely fashion by email or through chat. Monograph has amazing support staff! At this point we're using it mostly for time sheets to log payroll hours but moving forward, knowing how long a certain task took to to perform previously will help us assign tasks to employees and strategize payroll hours more effectively. Bottom line, we can certainly see if we're charging clients enough to cover the time the work takes . Recently, I received an email notifying me that Monograph has made changes to the features based on my feedback. What company does that?!? I'm very Impressed!

Our business has been using Excel for time sheets with a set form to fill payroll hours out on. Monograph is a bit more "free form" reflecting tasks being performed both routine and "one off" as we add these items to the interface. Originally, I found it a bit daunting to dive in with Monograph because of this lack of structure when rigid structure was what I was used to. For some users this might not even be an issue.

l’année dernière

Thank you for your feedback! If you haven't already, please check out our Knowledge Base and YouTube Channel - the links are below. These are great learning resources that we continue to update based on new features and customer needs. If you need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team! Knowledge Base: support.monograph.com YouTube: youtube.com/monograph

Charlotte
Associate (É.-U.)
Urbanisme et architecture, 11-50 employés

Great tool for Project Management & Time Tracking that's interface is easy to understand

4,0 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : So far we have had good feedback and engagement with our team and Monograph. It is helping us schedule out time for team members on a weekly basis. Everyone on the team is able to see how the project is performing and we can manage the time spent to avoid going over on project budgets. We have been able to utilize it to see the number of projects within the office and how the schedules stack up against each other.

The ability to see how a project is performing on a daily/weekly/monthly basis in an easily accessible way and course correct as needed before going over the project budget. Everyone on the team has access to all the necessary project information and it all lives in one place. Being able to schedule out people's time weekly and then see how that allocation is used throughout the week.

Biggest difficulty is navigation between the tabs - i.e. Timesheet, to Resource, to Projects, etc. There is a long lag when loading each one of those. Most of our team members have multiple tab opens to navigate between each just due to the lag. When in a project the only place to get to the tasks is through the Task tab at the top. Our team tends to click on the phase to see what's been allocated for that phase but then has to back out to the Project Dashboard to get back to the Tasks. Could be a way to get to it from multiple places, as there is that feature for other things in Monograph. Task updates don't have notifications within the software to the assigned team members. We use the comments section of tasks to talk/track info with our team members for that specific task. For accounting purposes, we still have to use another program. I don't think this program is robust enough for our invoicing/billing and accounting needs.

il y a 7 mois

Thank you for your feedback! We recently launched Stripe Payments, and we're currently in the process of enhancing Tasks and Milestones. We'd be happy to set up a call with our customer experience team to learn more about your needs!

Xavier F
Architectural Draftsman, BIM Manager, Graphic Artist (É.-U.)
Urbanisme et architecture, 2-10 employés

A powerful ally in your companies arsenal

4,0 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : Overall, Monograph is powerful partner that we are happy to use on a daily basis

Creates an overall simplified and centralized means of tracking, recording, and achieving project(s) and company needs.

There are several tools and features of which could be tuned for easier more intuitive use by all. For example, the time tracker. It is often abandoned because of this, yet, holds great potential to not only do its' surface value job, but, as well keep employees more consistent with their hours of work and how that is being applied to projects or internal office activities. This would additionally alleviate stress and anxiety (for all admin and employees) related to submitting timesheets when they are due and accurately.

il y a 7 mois

Thank you for your feedback! We've added this to our request board for the team to review for future enhancements.

Principal Architect (Jamaïque)

Alternatives envisagées :

Day in a life of small practice

4,0 il y a 10 mois

Commentaires : A very positive experience

Very accessible and easy to use. The minimal learning curve meant we could have staff up to speed in a week of implementation.

The cost and the payment options are perhaps the most limiting aspects. As a software geared towards smaller firms, I would have expected a variety of payment options - especially annual subscriptions. Otherwise the price is on the higher side of similar on the market

il y a 7 mois

Thank you for your feedback! We're so glad to hear that you enjoy using Monograph.

Monograph

4,0 il y a 10 mois

Commentaires : It has really improved our ability to manage the business side of our firm

1. Very nice graphical interface which makes it easier to use than other products with similar features 2. Monograph as a company is very open and transparent about the improvements they are working on and are always eager to get constructive feedback. 3. The Money-Gantt feature

The Milestone and Task tracking capabilities do not have project team notifications yet

il y a 7 mois

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Monograph! We're currently in the process of enhancing Tasks and Milestones. You'll be notified within your dashboard once the updates have been released!

Julia
Practice Manager (É.-U.)

Built for Architecture

4,0 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : The people at Monograph have been exceptional to work with. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in sales was incredibly patient and spent so much time helping us determine if this software would truly work for us without pressuring or upselling. They're incredibly receptive to suggestions for changes and I've already seen them roll out improvements - the software keeps getting better!

Full disclaimer: I am an administrator who was not trained in architecture, so learning what my firm needed to streamline its project management and personnel operations was a challenge. The fact that Monograph is custom built for the quirks of the architecture industry is really invaluable. This, plus it is intuitive enough for a non-industry professional like me to learn the ropes quickly. As we roll out Monograph, we will be able to consolidate so many extraneous processes and tracking spreadsheets - I anticipate it will make our workflow much more efficient.

There are some reports we're accustomed to creating that are not yet features in Monograph, so we'll still need to do some legwork outside of the software to track certain data. Until consultant fees are tracked against the overall percent-complete progress of each project, we won't be able to use Monograph invoices or reports to share with clients as part of our monthly billing package.

Dawn

We like Monograph

Commentaires : The Monograph team is incredibly receptive to feedback and is truly interested in helping their clients succeed.

This software is fairly easy to implement and use. We appreciate that it allows us to track time for jobs. The Gantt charts are very helpful to planning our work.

The invoicing feature needs a lot of improvement. It would be nice to be able to see how much you're likely to be able to invoice each month, based on the contracts and the hours spent on each job. It would also be nice if the invoicing feature could total the amount invoiced as you create invoices. I understand that there are some updates planned soon that should address these issues, though.

Rachel
Office Manager (É.-U.)
Urbanisme et architecture, 2-10 employés

Monograph is a much-appreciated stepping stone!

5,0 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : We are so excited to be utilizing Monograph to help our business run more smoothly! Our small firm is going through major transition right now and we're so appreciative to have a great software in place to help us be more efficient and run a better firm overall! :)

We love the project management aspect of the software. Tracking time and billing cycles is helping us button up our day-to-day operations and future planning efforts!

We're still learning the ins and outs of the software but we wish printing reports looked more polished as opposed to simple excel spreadsheets.

il y a 7 mois

Thank you for your feedback! If you haven't already, please check out our Knowledge Base page at support.monograph.com and our YouTube Channel at www.youtube.com/c/Monograph. These are great learning resources that we continue to update based on new features and customer needs. If you need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team!

matthew
matthew
Principal Architect | Owner (É.-U.)
Urbanisme et architecture, 2-10 employés

Great start, but needs some work.

Commentaires : Overall, we have been very happy with the implementation of Monograph and the improvements they have been making. We look forward to continuing to use Monograph to help us have a better understanding of our status on all our projects.

Monograph is great for getting a quick overview of projects and team assignments. The development team has been making significant improvements even in the short time we have been using it. Planning projects is straight foward and the tracking time and money against budgets is super helpful.

The task management needs a lot of work still. It is clunky and not very user friendly. There is also no easy way to budget for expenses on a project that are not tied directly to an employee's time.

Anna
Senior Designer (É.-U.)

Makes Time Tracking Easy

Monograph is the easiest software I've used to track time in the design field. I've worked in companies that use spreadsheets, clunky programs, and even in firms that tried to create their own timekeeping software. This is simple, intuitive, and easy to use. I would highly recommend it!

I wish that the software did a better job of totaling the amount of different non-billable (admin) hours so that you could easily see the amount of billable to non-billable work for the week.

l’année dernière

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Monograph! We recently added an article to our Knowledge Base that will help walk you through best practices for Non-Billable projects or Non-Billable tasks, which should help you with your admin hours. You can find more information by visiting our Knowledge Base at support.monograph.com. You can also reach out to our support team for further assistance!

Justin
Project Manager (É.-U.)
Urbanisme et architecture, 11-50 employés

A project tracker, scheduler, timesheet, and so much more in one

Commentaires : The overall experience is very good. The interface is well laid out and clear to read and the customer service requests are responded to very quickly. Implementing it in our firm has been very easy and all our employees have responded very positively to using it as their hourly time sheet.

The software does a very good job of helping project managers track time sheets, personnel, and projects together. The display is laid out very well and does a very good job of helping visualize project timelines and budgets in relation to each other. It is very easy for everyday users to input their hours into the time sheets for easy tracking.

I would like more reporting features incorporated into it to leverage the information. Since we have all the aggregate data of projects, hours, sectors, ect. it would be nice to have more available options to filter, sort, and compare that data.

l’année dernière

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Monograph! We're currently in the process of enhancing our Reporting. You'll be notified within your dashboard as updates are released and you can also stay in the loop on updates by visiting monograph.canny.io/changelog

Isabeau
Project Manager (É.-U.)

Monograph Review

4,0 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : We are just starting to implement this to its fullest potential.

I like the amount of features and the setup of the software

I wish it were a bit easier to use the milestones and tie them to tasks. It would be nice if there could be notifications or email reminders if a milestone deadline is coming up, if a project is going over budget, or going over schedule.

Marisa
Interior Designer (É.-U.)

Organized & User-Friendly

Commentaires : Our firm is able to track hours, client fees, project schedules, and much more with this resource much more accurately than we used it. It has saved us time!

Timesheets and Resource Planner are what I use most frequently. It helps keep the team organized throughout the week and helps us track fees and timeline much better than we used to.

There are still resources I have yet to learn about so the parts about Monograph that I do not use feel a little overwhelming.

l’année dernière

Thank you for your feedback! If you haven't already, please check out our Knowledge Base page and YouTube Channel - you'll find the links below. These are great learning resources that we continue to update based on new features and customer needs. If you need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team! Knowledge Base: support.monograph.com YouTube: youtube.com/monograph

Daniel
Project Architect and Business Consultant (É.-U.)

Monograph Review

5,0 il y a 10 mois

Commentaires : So far, great. The Monograph team is outstanding and their resources are very helpful.

Great user interface, unbelievable customer support with a team that is always trying to improve the product. In almost all-in-one platform for architects

Really need to have your firm's phases and structure organized to begin. We do interior design, interior architecture, and architecture and it's been a bit difficult figuring out how to blend them all in one