Avis clients sur LawPay

par AffiniPay

• Service client

En savoir plus sur LawPay

Logiciel de traitement de paiement facile à utiliser, conçu spécifiquement pour répondre aux besoins des avocats.

En savoir plus sur LawPay

38 avis affichés

Andrew W.

"Love LawPay"

Avantages: So easy to set up and start getting paid. Have noticed an uptick in receivables.

Inconvénients: Nothing. Very happy. Of course, would always like the cost to a little lower.

Rachel D.
  • Publié le 09/12/2019

"Simple and functional"

Commentaires: LawPay makes it super easy for us to take card payments. It replaced PayPal, which isn't suited to the kind of accounting we have. LawPay is specifically designed to work with legal bookkeeping software.

Avantages: LawPay blends seamlessly with Cosmolex, so we can process card payments from the software we actually use daily. LawPay automatically generates invoices which we can email to customers. The only time we actually have to go to the LawPay website is to process a refund, which I think we've done once in the approximately three years we've used this software.

Inconvénients: The card swipe function seems redundant to me, but that could just be the nature of our business. It's faster for me to type in card information than swipe - not really a complaint, just a personal preference.

• Publié le 09/12/2019
Curtis R.
  • Publié le 11/12/2019

"If you use it right can make it very easy to accept payment"

Commentaires: Customer payments. It is a great solution if your business is sending out invoices. The fees that they take whether debt or credit are pretty high.

Avantages: The dashboard is good and intuitive. Easy to send out bills and invoices. The payment links are easy to follow and probably the best feature of LawPay.

Inconvénients: The canned emails are not great. You need to re-write with your own specific message or better yet copy the link and send it in an email or as a link in your invoices. The fees are very high and I hate that they send the statements in the mail and they are not accessible online.

• Publié le 11/12/2019
Hannah K.
Legal Assistant
Cabinet d'avocats, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 10/06/2020

"Great!"

Commentaires: Great credit card software.

Avantages: Easy to input info. Easy to track payments. Easy to send links to LawPay to clients for credit card payments. Clients express ease of use also.

Inconvénients: For me there are no downsides, its very easy to use.

• Publié le 10/06/2020
Julie R.
  • Publié le 07/05/2020

"THE way for lawyers and law firms to accept payment"

Commentaires: LawPay is what I recommend to all my fellow lawyers

Avantages: The competitive fees that LawPay charges really make business sense for our law firm. The integration with Clio (our practice management software) is really great and makes our accounting and bill generation simple.

Inconvénients: There isn't anything that I dislike about LawPay's software. I have been using it since we started our law firm and it has been perfect.

• Publié le 07/05/2020
Arthur C.
Partner
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 05/12/2019

"Wonderful product for getting paid"

Commentaires: Fantastic tool. I plan on continuing to use this product as long as I can.

Avantages: The ease of setting up this product and the ease of use is second to none. The added bonus is that the associated service fee makes sure that we don't have to spend any more money than is necessary to facilitate a transaction.

Inconvénients: There is really not a whole lot to complain about concerning this product. At first, the user interface was a little tricky to figure out; however, once they updated the software, it cured all problems.

• Publié le 05/12/2019
Marisa P.
Services juridiques, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 22/08/2019

"LawPay is a game changer for processing payments!"

Commentaires: My overall experience with using LawPay has been pleasant. I always recommend LawPay to other firms that I work with.

Avantages: I have really enjoyed the simplicity of using LawPay. Our firm has been using LawPay for all online transactions for years and years. I love how fees are able to be sorted by the Trust and Operating Accounts. I also love how our clients can pay their invoices easily. This not only saves us time by having to follow up continuously for payment information, instead they have the option to do that on their time and in the comfort of their home. Did I mention that you are able to send specific payment amount requests to clients? LawPay has made sending payment requests easier than ever!

Inconvénients: So far I have not encountered any problems while using LawPay. I love their exceptional customer service as well.

• Publié le 22/08/2019
Robert C.
  • Publié le 28/10/2019

"A great asset for any law practice"

Commentaires: Overall a great resource for any practitioner--but especially a solo looking for an affordable and modern solution for merchant processing.

Avantages: The flexibility of use of the merchant processor by far is its best asset--from emailing invoices to clients for them to pay via a secure webpage to automated payments for payment plans. Also, the option of linking Lawpay to both operating and trust (IOLTA) accounts is great.

Inconvénients: No option for charging credit/debit cards outside the United States--it is unfortunate that Lawpay has not yet created an option for practices that rely on clients that are foreign nationals or are temporarily abroad. The other more inconvenience more than anything else is that Lawpay's merchant fees are not accessible on the web portal, rather, you have to rely on monthly statements by mail (or check bank statements).

• Publié le 28/10/2019
Dorothykaye W.
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
  • Publié le 18/01/2020

"Very Easy to Learn to Use and Use!"

Commentaires: LawPay solved our problem by reducing credit card fees and by providing a simple method of requesting payment or trust account replenishment from our clients.

Avantages: What I like most about this software is it is an uncomplicated way to send payment links to clients and to take in-office payments or payments by phone. The big plus is the lower credit card fees than what we were paying through MyCase. I LOVE the Dashboard feature which allows me to view who has paid without having to click around the site to find out. The software doesn't contain a bunch of useless features. It helps me accomplish exactly what I need to.

Inconvénients: One of the Cons would be the ability to generate a detailed invoice. There are many times when I need to create an invoice for a potential new client or for just a consult. I don't have a case created I just need an invoice.

• Publié le 18/01/2020
Jessica S.
Head of Accounting
Services juridiques, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 16/09/2019

"LawPay Usage"

Commentaires: I would recommend LawPay to other law firms for usage. The only issue is that the website requires more information than other credit card payment portals. Not all payments automatically apply towards invoices. However, it is easy to use because you send the link or email for the client to use to pay directly.

Avantages: Easy to use. Can request money through the LawPay portal. Keep track of income per month. Customer service are quick to assist. Client are able to pay via online quick and easy.

Inconvénients: LawPay doesn't always email when a payment comes in. Have to check portal daily. Not all payments will manually apply towards invoices. Sometimes, it's hard to search for reports. Webpage looks simple but it's not as simple as it seems. However, customer service is good.

• Publié le 16/09/2019
Cabinet d'avocats, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 13/12/2018

"Perfect solution for credit card billing for lawyers"

Commentaires: Overall my experience with LawPay has been great.

Avantages: LawPay is very easy to use, I always just use the QuickBill feature which allows me to quickly email a bill to a client. I can resend the bill and edit it afterwards if needed. My law firm is fully digital, so LawPay is great, I never send out paper bills. It also is great for complying with ethical rules related to trust accounts and credit card billing - almost all of my credit card bills are processed for up front payments into trust.

Inconvénients: They have not yet switched to paperless monthly statements, so those come in the mail. I'd prefer paperless. Also, if you process a payment and issue a refund the same day, it will simply show up as a single transaction for the sum of the two - this complicates accounting, for me, in QuickBooks, which cannot handle a deposit and a withdrawal from an account in a single transaction. The complication is that when I do reconciliation in QuickBooks my bank account always shows a transaction I have to remember to ignore because I had to record it as two transactions.

• Publié le 13/12/2018
Alicia D.
  • Publié le 28/09/2019

"Easiest Way for Lawyers to Process Cards"

Commentaires: LawPay doesn't have all the features as other processors like Square and Stripe. But with a little creativity (and their customer support is willing to work with you and give you ideas), you can make LawPay work for your practice. Best of all, it works seamlessly with Clio, which makes taking payments from clients who are already established with invoicing very easy.

Avantages: Law Pay is the easiest way to process credit cards for lawyers. It's easy to designate between trust accounting and my other accounts. I am never worried that it will be wrong. The funds process pretty quickly. It works seamlessly with Clio.

Inconvénients: You cannot download your monthly statements from the web portal, which is very annoying and makes accounting more difficult. You also cannot sync it with your accounting software. You also cannot do card checks without charging (such as getting a card to secure a free consultation). So it's not a sophisticated software.

• Publié le 28/09/2019
Casey C.
front desk admin
Services juridiques, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 20/02/2020

"Pretty Good"

Commentaires: It is really easy to use and very self explanatory. We dont get charged much and never have an issue with it.

Avantages: It is very easy to use and is connected to our Cosmolex! So when we send a client an email with their invoice, they click the link and just have to enter their card number and address. Its great!

Inconvénients: It does not let you send the invoice to more than one person at a time. We often have more than one client for the same matter and like them to all know we need to be paid.

• Publié le 20/02/2020
Jerry G.
Lawyer
  • Publié le 12/07/2018

"The Mercedes of Law Payments, perfect for complying with ethics rulings."

Commentaires: Allowing more options for clients to pay by. I do think different areas of law will vary greatly on the return of investment for this service.

Avantages: Not all clients are able to pull money straight out of a bank or get a loan. It gives my clients another option for payment. It's nice being able to tell them all their choices for payments. It makes my clients ease of use for my services better. The reader works well with older gen phones as I have. Payments are processed swiftly and are available with fees already deducted.

Inconvénients: The fees for this service are really something you need to take into account. My payment is monthly, and for every transaction, some percent of fee taken out, along with all the card fees charged by the issuer. This can make this service quite expensive to use. Also I really don't get many clients who even use it, maybe one every few months. So the fee goes to waste a lot. But, with all that being said, I wouldn't get rid of it. The reason solely being to allow my clients to have the most options for payments.

• Publié le 12/07/2018
Cece L.
Office Admin
  • Publié le 02/08/2019

"First time user and its easy"

Commentaires: on my very first day here there was no one to help me and of course the first call i got was to run a payment. All tabs down the side were self explanatory for me running said payment and inputting the information. If it hadnt been that easy to use i would not have been in a good situation that day

Avantages: Easy to use. input the information and run the payment

Inconvénients: It requires a lot of information and i wish it would sometimes recognize input information from before

• Publié le 02/08/2019
Sidney S.
  • Publié le 21/10/2019

"Lawpay"

Commentaires: Law pay is so simple to use and fantastic.

Avantages: I like that a receipt is automatically emailed to the client and to the attorneys of the firm upon payment being made.

Inconvénients: Clients have said they would like to be able to save payment methods to use each month when they make payments and the software doesn’t allow for that.

• Publié le 21/10/2019
Sarah S.
  • Publié le 24/10/2019

"Love This Portal"

Commentaires: I am able to keep clients up to date with their account.

Avantages: This portal is so easy to move through, and the clients have an easy time pay their statements.
I can easily update client accounts with payments, entering time and review statements.

Inconvénients: I can not think of one thing that i do not like about this portal. I just love this portal.
I wish we would have found this portal sooner.

• Publié le 24/10/2019
Dana W.
Partner
  • Publié le 15/08/2019

"Great for Attorneys"

Avantages: Law Pay has been great for our firm. It is nice to have a processing company that accommodates for unique issues attorneys face with trust accounting. The features are helpful and it is easy to use.

Inconvénients: There is nothing I do not like about Law Pay.

• Publié le 15/08/2019
Lawyer
  • Publié le 29/11/2018

"Great product for lawyers"

Avantages: It is simple. It integrates with my practice management software and syncs with quickbook. The dashboard makes it easy to see transactions and payment requests. There are various ways to collect payment such as sending a secure link, swiping a card in the office, or manually entering the details.

Inconvénients: It is a bit pricey. But I understand that lawyers have an ally with ungrateful client chargebacks. I haven't had to test that yet, but I'm willing to pay a little more for a company that understands the unique issues that lawyers face.

• Publié le 29/11/2018
Stephen S.
Principal Attorney
Cabinet d'avocats
  • Publié le 24/07/2018

"Best Credit Card Processor for Attorneys"

Commentaires: LawPay saves my firm money on credit card processing fees and offers my clients a very convenient way to pay invoices and trust retainers.

Avantages: LawPay is the best credit card processor for attorneys because it offers competitive rates, separates operating and trust fund transactions, has a mobile app, and is backed by fantastic customer support.

Inconvénients: The only minor con about LawPay is the lack of quality card readers that are available (e.g., a Bluetooth credit card reader that links to the mobile app would be awesome).

• Publié le 24/07/2018
Rebecca B.
  • Publié le 06/01/2020

"Love the integration with Cosmolex"

Commentaires: We love the integration with Cosmolex. We were using lawpay before, but did not have it linked to our account so we were still having to enter everything into cosmolex. Now when they pay through the link, it processes and pays the invoice automatically!

Avantages: I love how easily this works with cosmolex. The integration is perfect and makes billing almost effortless for me.

Inconvénients: I don't like how we have to reverify from each computer when another person in the office uses the software, but also appreciate that its part of the security process.

• Publié le 06/01/2020
Assistant County Attorney
Services juridiques, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Essai gratuit
  • Publié le 16/07/2019

"Easy to Use and Low Fees"

Commentaires: So far, the experience has been good. The fees are low for what you're getting and they never draw money out of the trust account. This is an easy and simple way to get retainers from clients and to get bills paid.

Avantages: This program is extremely user friendly. There are several positives when using this program as opposed to others. First, you can send a link directly to clients in order for them to pay their bills online with a credit/debit card or by e-check. This makes the process streamlined and easy. Further, you can re-charge a client instead of having to enter their information every time they call to make a payment. This cuts down on time and makes the payment process easy and effective.

Inconvénients: Occasionally, the software doesn't send e-mails to clients right away, which can delay things a bit. Further, you cannot see the client's card number in the event that you need that information. Otherwise, the program does what it is supposed to do.

Kasondra S.
  • Publié le 14/01/2019

"Great system"

Avantages: LawPay is very easy to use. It allows you to have multiple accounts listed to apply payment to trust or operating. It is set up to take automatic payments and allows you to adjust when they are taken, or up to how much is taken before paid.

Inconvénients: Not that this is a con, but every now and then I have to get a "code" sent to my email before it allows me to sign back in. I understand that this is a safety measure and do appreciate that.

• Publié le 14/01/2019
Jason taylor F.
Governance, Risk & Compliance Administrator
Cabinet d'avocats, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 29/02/2020

"Finally! Payment System that understands Law Practice"

Commentaires: Checks by mail simply isn't practical and valuable time can be lost while waiting on payment. LawPay speeds things up and helps accommodate the most common form of payment- cards.

Avantages: Just started (so I may be in the honeymoon stage) but it's very easy to operate and generates links and lander pages to address payments. Can be customized for trust/operating deposits. And enables transactions when checks aren't practical. Also helps with third party payors immensely.

Inconvénients: I haven't found anything yet, but the invoice generation looks like it has a bit of learning curve. I may need to adjust my methods to line up more with it. Do wish the only fees were transactional instead of base plus, but still a great tool.

• Publié le 29/02/2020
Sabrina C.
Cabinet d'avocats, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
  • Publié le 09/02/2020

" Great program"

Commentaires: I have had a really good experience with LawPay. I would definitely recommend it.

Avantages: The customer service is great. They are super responsive and quickly take care of things. The program is easy to use for me and the clients. I also like that they have CLE hours and their Coffee with LawPay to show how to use features of the program and answer questions the attorneys have.

Inconvénients: I do not have anything that I dislike about it. I guess if I had to pick something, it would be that I have to call each time I need to make a bank account change. But, that is for protection and the representative is very helpful and quickly takes care of it.

• Publié le 09/02/2020