LawPay is a game changer for processing payments!

Publié le 22/08/2019
Marisa P.
Services juridiques, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My overall experience with using LawPay has been pleasant. I always recommend LawPay to other firms that I work with.

Avantages: I have really enjoyed the simplicity of using LawPay. Our firm has been using LawPay for all online transactions for years and years. I love how fees are able to be sorted by the Trust and Operating Accounts. I also love how our clients can pay their invoices easily. This not only saves us time by having to follow up continuously for payment information, instead they have the option to do that on their time and in the comfort of their home. Did I mention that you are able to send specific payment amount requests to clients? LawPay has made sending payment requests easier than ever!

Inconvénients: So far I have not encountered any problems while using LawPay. I love their exceptional customer service as well.

A great asset for any law practice

Publié le 28/10/2019
Robert C.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall a great resource for any practitioner--but especially a solo looking for an affordable and modern solution for merchant processing.

Avantages: The flexibility of use of the merchant processor by far is its best asset--from emailing invoices to clients for them to pay via a secure webpage to automated payments for payment plans. Also, the option of linking Lawpay to both operating and trust (IOLTA) accounts is great.

Inconvénients: No option for charging credit/debit cards outside the United States--it is unfortunate that Lawpay has not yet created an option for practices that rely on clients that are foreign nationals or are temporarily abroad. The other more inconvenience more than anything else is that Lawpay's merchant fees are not accessible on the web portal, rather, you have to rely on monthly statements by mail (or check bank statements).

If you use it right can make it very easy to accept payment

Publié le 11/12/2019
Curtis R.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Customer payments. It is a great solution if your business is sending out invoices. The fees that they take whether debt or credit are pretty high.

Avantages: The dashboard is good and intuitive. Easy to send out bills and invoices. The payment links are easy to follow and probably the best feature of LawPay.

Inconvénients: The canned emails are not great. You need to re-write with your own specific message or better yet copy the link and send it in an email or as a link in your invoices. The fees are very high and I hate that they send the statements in the mail and they are not accessible online.

Perfect solution for credit card billing for lawyers

Publié le 13/12/2018
Cabinet d'avocats, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall my experience with LawPay has been great.

Avantages: LawPay is very easy to use, I always just use the QuickBill feature which allows me to quickly email a bill to a client. I can resend the bill and edit it afterwards if needed. My law firm is fully digital, so LawPay is great, I never send out paper bills. It also is great for complying with ethical rules related to trust accounts and credit card billing - almost all of my credit card bills are processed for up front payments into trust.

Inconvénients: They have not yet switched to paperless monthly statements, so those come in the mail. I'd prefer paperless. Also, if you process a payment and issue a refund the same day, it will simply show up as a single transaction for the sum of the two - this complicates accounting, for me, in QuickBooks, which cannot handle a deposit and a withdrawal from an account in a single transaction. The complication is that when I do reconciliation in QuickBooks my bank account always shows a transaction I have to remember to ignore because I had to record it as two transactions.

Simple and functional

Publié le 09/12/2019
Rachel D.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: LawPay makes it super easy for us to take card payments. It replaced PayPal, which isn't suited to the kind of accounting we have. LawPay is specifically designed to work with legal bookkeeping software.

Avantages: LawPay blends seamlessly with Cosmolex, so we can process card payments from the software we actually use daily. LawPay automatically generates invoices which we can email to customers. The only time we actually have to go to the LawPay website is to process a refund, which I think we've done once in the approximately three years we've used this software.

Inconvénients: The card swipe function seems redundant to me, but that could just be the nature of our business. It's faster for me to type in card information than swipe - not really a complaint, just a personal preference.

LawPay Usage

Publié le 16/09/2019
Jessica S.
Head of Accounting
Services juridiques, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I would recommend LawPay to other law firms for usage. The only issue is that the website requires more information than other credit card payment portals. Not all payments automatically apply towards invoices. However, it is easy to use because you send the link or email for the client to use to pay directly.

Avantages: Easy to use. Can request money through the LawPay portal. Keep track of income per month. Customer service are quick to assist. Client are able to pay via online quick and easy.

Inconvénients: LawPay doesn't always email when a payment comes in. Have to check portal daily. Not all payments will manually apply towards invoices. Sometimes, it's hard to search for reports. Webpage looks simple but it's not as simple as it seems. However, customer service is good.

Easiest Way for Lawyers to Process Cards

Publié le 28/09/2019
Alicia D.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: LawPay doesn't have all the features as other processors like Square and Stripe. But with a little creativity (and their customer support is willing to work with you and give you ideas), you can make LawPay work for your practice. Best of all, it works seamlessly with Clio, which makes taking payments from clients who are already established with invoicing very easy.

Avantages: Law Pay is the easiest way to process credit cards for lawyers. It's easy to designate between trust accounting and my other accounts. I am never worried that it will be wrong. The funds process pretty quickly. It works seamlessly with Clio.

Inconvénients: You cannot download your monthly statements from the web portal, which is very annoying and makes accounting more difficult. You also cannot sync it with your accounting software. You also cannot do card checks without charging (such as getting a card to secure a free consultation). So it's not a sophisticated software.

The Mercedes of Law Payments, perfect for complying with ethics rulings.

Publié le 12/07/2018
Jerry G.
Lawyer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Allowing more options for clients to pay by. I do think different areas of law will vary greatly on the return of investment for this service.

Avantages: Not all clients are able to pull money straight out of a bank or get a loan. It gives my clients another option for payment. It's nice being able to tell them all their choices for payments. It makes my clients ease of use for my services better. The reader works well with older gen phones as I have. Payments are processed swiftly and are available with fees already deducted.

Inconvénients: The fees for this service are really something you need to take into account. My payment is monthly, and for every transaction, some percent of fee taken out, along with all the card fees charged by the issuer. This can make this service quite expensive to use. Also I really don't get many clients who even use it, maybe one every few months. So the fee goes to waste a lot. But, with all that being said, I wouldn't get rid of it. The reason solely being to allow my clients to have the most options for payments.

Wonderful product for getting paid

Publié le 05/12/2019
Arthur C.
Partner
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Fantastic tool. I plan on continuing to use this product as long as I can.

Avantages: The ease of setting up this product and the ease of use is second to none. The added bonus is that the associated service fee makes sure that we don't have to spend any more money than is necessary to facilitate a transaction.

Inconvénients: There is really not a whole lot to complain about concerning this product. At first, the user interface was a little tricky to figure out; however, once they updated the software, it cured all problems.

First time user and its easy

Publié le 02/08/2019
Cece L.
Office Admin
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: on my very first day here there was no one to help me and of course the first call i got was to run a payment. All tabs down the side were self explanatory for me running said payment and inputting the information. If it hadnt been that easy to use i would not have been in a good situation that day

Avantages: Easy to use. input the information and run the payment

Inconvénients: It requires a lot of information and i wish it would sometimes recognize input information from before

Lawpay

Publié le 21/10/2019
Sidney S.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Law pay is so simple to use and fantastic.

Avantages: I like that a receipt is automatically emailed to the client and to the attorneys of the firm upon payment being made.

Inconvénients: Clients have said they would like to be able to save payment methods to use each month when they make payments and the software doesn’t allow for that.

Love This Portal

Publié le 24/10/2019
Sarah S.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I am able to keep clients up to date with their account.

Avantages: This portal is so easy to move through, and the clients have an easy time pay their statements.
I can easily update client accounts with payments, entering time and review statements.

Inconvénients: I can not think of one thing that i do not like about this portal. I just love this portal.
I wish we would have found this portal sooner.

Great for Attorneys

Publié le 15/08/2019
Dana W.
Partner
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Law Pay has been great for our firm. It is nice to have a processing company that accommodates for unique issues attorneys face with trust accounting. The features are helpful and it is easy to use.

Inconvénients: There is nothing I do not like about Law Pay.

Great product for lawyers

Publié le 29/11/2018
Lawyer
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It is simple. It integrates with my practice management software and syncs with quickbook. The dashboard makes it easy to see transactions and payment requests. There are various ways to collect payment such as sending a secure link, swiping a card in the office, or manually entering the details.

Inconvénients: It is a bit pricey. But I understand that lawyers have an ally with ungrateful client chargebacks. I haven't had to test that yet, but I'm willing to pay a little more for a company that understands the unique issues that lawyers face.

Love LawPay

Publié le 16/07/2019
Andrew W.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: So easy to set up and start getting paid. Have noticed an uptick in receivables.

Inconvénients: Nothing. Very happy. Of course, would always like the cost to a little lower.

Best Credit Card Processor for Attorneys

Publié le 24/07/2018
Stephen S.
Principal Attorney
Cabinet d'avocats
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: LawPay saves my firm money on credit card processing fees and offers my clients a very convenient way to pay invoices and trust retainers.

Avantages: LawPay is the best credit card processor for attorneys because it offers competitive rates, separates operating and trust fund transactions, has a mobile app, and is backed by fantastic customer support.

Inconvénients: The only minor con about LawPay is the lack of quality card readers that are available (e.g., a Bluetooth credit card reader that links to the mobile app would be awesome).

Easy to Use and Low Fees

Publié le 16/07/2019
Assistant County Attorney
Services juridiques, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Essai gratuit
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: So far, the experience has been good. The fees are low for what you're getting and they never draw money out of the trust account. This is an easy and simple way to get retainers from clients and to get bills paid.

Avantages: This program is extremely user friendly. There are several positives when using this program as opposed to others. First, you can send a link directly to clients in order for them to pay their bills online with a credit/debit card or by e-check. This makes the process streamlined and easy. Further, you can re-charge a client instead of having to enter their information every time they call to make a payment. This cuts down on time and makes the payment process easy and effective.

Inconvénients: Occasionally, the software doesn't send e-mails to clients right away, which can delay things a bit. Further, you cannot see the client's card number in the event that you need that information. Otherwise, the program does what it is supposed to do.

Great system

Publié le 14/01/2019
Kasondra S.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: LawPay is very easy to use. It allows you to have multiple accounts listed to apply payment to trust or operating. It is set up to take automatic payments and allows you to adjust when they are taken, or up to how much is taken before paid.

Inconvénients: Not that this is a con, but every now and then I have to get a "code" sent to my email before it allows me to sign back in. I understand that this is a safety measure and do appreciate that.

Very pleased!

Publié le 16/09/2019
Sarah K.
Associate Attorney
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The website is clean and simple and very easy to navigate!

Inconvénients: I wish it would save the card information each time so you wouldn't have to input the information in again every time. I'm sure that would violate some privacy law, though, so it's understandable but we still have to fill this part out :)

Great for law firms

Publié le 11/12/2019
Jasmine I.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall LawPay is great for law firms in today's era of online and credit card payments.

Avantages: LawPay is great for law firms in today's era of online and credit card payments. It allows us to accept payments faster and easier for our clients and keep our collection rates above average.

Inconvénients: The only downside to LawPay is that the credit card fees can be substantially high for collecting larger client balances.

LawPay - Get Paid Using It

Publié le 09/12/2019
Elan W.
Managing Member
Services juridiques, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: LawPay allows me to accept credit card payments and other electronic payments for my law practice, making my practice more marketable and customer-friendly than it otherwise might be.

Avantages: LawPay allows me to accept credit card payments for my law practice and is one of the best values around for a practicing attorney who does not already take credit cards.

Inconvénients: The e-Check service is hideously slow. Yes, you only pay a flat fee of $2.00 per item. However, it sometimes takes EIGHT business days for a check to clear -- and this is through ACH.

Best Way for Law Firms to Take Payments

Publié le 20/06/2019
Meg A.
Business Manager
Cabinet d'avocats, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: With LawPay, it is easy to set up accounts for our staff members and attorneys to receive payments from clients. Being able to take Trust account payments is convenient as well.

Inconvénients: Deposit/transaction reports aren't the greatest.

Easy to use!

Publié le 05/04/2019
Shelby S.
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We have loved the additional income that LawPay helps us process. It is so nice to be able to email the link to our clients to pay Invoices with ease.

Avantages: Very user friendly! Easy data entry for information for the payment. Adding Credit Card processing has help our accounts receivable

Inconvénients: Final receipts are not very user friendly to print.

Help your clients pay you

Publié le 05/03/2019
Summer Associate
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Our firm has not had any complaints about using this software to pay their legal bills.

Inconvénients: I don't have any real complaints with this software; I would choose it again given the chance.

Law Pay makes my life easier

Publié le 21/08/2018
Michael B.
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It is integrated with Clio. This means that I don't have to manually enter data from the card processor to Clio. In the past, when I would forget to do this, my books would be unbalanced and I would have to go searching for the what I forgot to enter. Saves me time with I balance my books.

Avantages: It is easy to use and intuitive. It seamlessly links with Clio, and keeps me from having to track and enter additional data.

Inconvénients: It is a bit more expensive than other credit card processing systems I've used in the past. It also isn't as quick to pay as other processing systems I've used before.