Avis clients sur Google Meet

par Google

• Service client

En savoir plus sur Google Meet

L'application se synchronise à Gmail et permet de communiquer par SMS, messages audio et appels vidéo.

En savoir plus sur Google Meet

8 723 avis affichés

Caroline C.
Class Teacher
Gestion de l'enseignement, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 08/07/2020

"Excellent for Collaborative Work"

Commentaires: Google Meet provided an excellent experience for me, as a teacher, to be able to communicate with my students while we were all at home. It is quick and easy to set up, and no software needs to be downloaded.

Avantages: As a teacher, I used Google Meet during our distance learning. It was easy for my 5th grade students to understand, and they were able to use it without any problems. I also enjoyed that I could link it with my Google Calendar and my students would receive the invite that I shared. I absolutely loved that there was no time limit on it, unlike other online video meeting software. Video was clear, and I was able to mute students who had distracting background sounds. Both students and I were able to share our screens with the group when we needed to explain something that was on our computers.

Inconvénients: I would have loved it if there was a waiting room for the students, so that I could admit them when I was ready. I would also like if there was a background feature so that both I, and my students, could have a background that was less distracting than our rooms.

• Publié le 08/07/2020
Nadir S.
College House Dean
Enseignement supérieur, 10 001+ employés
  • Publié le 25/06/2020

"Google What?"

Commentaires: I have loved using Google Meet. I have used it for my students, and for my family. It is a simple tool that works with any modern browser, and it has apps for mobile platforms that work pretty well. The self-preview window is tiny, so that takes some time to get used to.

Avantages: This tool is built seamlessly into the Google Suite, so if your organization is a GSuite organization or if you are a Gmail user, you have access to this, free of charge, and it works very well. The controls are quite straightforward. The tool is not very feature rich, but whatever it does, it does well.
The integration with Gmail came a little late, and was largely in response to Covid19, and before this the tool was only meant for enterprise users.

Inconvénients: Google's messaging and meeting platform is full of confusion. The fact that I started out thinking I was writing a review for Google Hangouts and then I ended up on the Google Meet review page is a good summary of this bungled world of messaging. Google is not a reliable company when it comes to communication. They have gone back and forth on Hangouts, Meet, Messenger, Wave, Plus, Duo, Allo... you name it, they have it, and nothing has really lasted forever. Google Meet works for now, but who knows where it will be in a year!

• Publié le 25/06/2020
Craig S.
Small Business Owner
Mode et vêtements, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 29/03/2020

"Easy To Use Video Conferencing Tool"

Commentaires: Using Google Hangouts Meet software I am able to stay connected with my employees and my business partner when working remotely. So, my website content, products inventory and customer complaints continue to be addressed while I am not physically present in my brick and mortar apparel store. The best part is the fact that I don't have to pay a subscription fees or maintenance fees. Hence, my ROI is high. If I face any issues with the software, I am able to find plenty of support in Google portal and other blogs.

Avantages: I need to stay connected with my employees in store and business partner when I am working remotely from my home or hotel. Google Hangouts Meet software enables me to be in touch. So I can discuss any content changes on my e-commerce website, new order processing or answer any customer questions or complaints with products purchased. My favorite features include screen sharing and setting-up a new meeting using Google's calendar which is integrated into my Gmail account. Because I can share my computer screen to show to my employees specific product pages on website which need to be updated. And, quickly set-up a call with my business partner for quarterly review of our business profits and losses.

Inconvénients: I struggle with two specific features of Google Hangouts Meet when using them to connect and collaborate. First, the share screen feature. It doesn't work until I double-click in step 2. In step 1, I click 'screen share' and then I have to complete step 2. Second, after the video conference starts, I hear participant's voice echo. Or, screen multiplying. So, I have to ask the participant to mute. Or, I have to ask the participant to click join Hangout once and then screen share or disconnect and join the hangout call again. These two challenges with Google Hangouts Meet cause confusion and reduce productivity of calls.

• Publié le 29/03/2020
Brittany M.
General manager
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 31/03/2020

"Love it"

Commentaires: Overall love Hangouts.

Avantages: Super user friendly. I have used Hangouts to train freelance artists about the company virtually every few weeks. I use it to train employees by sharing my screen and allowing trainees to share their screen. Very simple to use!

Inconvénients: If there’s one thing I don’t like- it’s the connection and functionality when we have over 10 users on the Hangout. I realize it may not be built for large meetings, but it would save us from using Zoom if we were able to use Hangouts!

• Publié le 31/03/2020
Pat L.
Immobilier, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 05/04/2020

"Video Conference from Gmail"

Commentaires: I use a variety of collaboration tools, but my regular go-to tool is meet.google.com. Also, since Google upgraded Hangouts to add a phone number option, it's become a possible to use with everyone, regardless of someone's firewall settings.

Avantages: Hangouts Meet is already available from within Gmail. It's simple to add to a meeting invitation from Gcal or to launch for impromptu meetings from the G-Suite launchpad.

Inconvénients: Many large organizations have firewall settings that block this tool. Also, Google definitely is no longer a privacy advocate, so be aware that your call.video is stored on one of their servers for their purposes. Finally, while this is all browser-based on Macs/PCs, it is a resource hog, but not as bad as Webex.

• Publié le 05/04/2020
Shahzad K.
Principal Attorney
Cabinet d'avocats, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 20/05/2020

"Another Video Conferencing Solution"

Commentaires: My usage of it is to simply connect with the client, conduct a consult with a potential client. It accomplishes those tasks for me easily.

Avantages: This is again a great video conferencing solution. Now that we are living under a pandemic and we have had to shelter in place for a period of time, this is another software solution that has been helpful in connecting clients and potential clients with my office. It is very reliable. I have never had any issues with the broadcast of the video between myself and the client. It is another option in the many video conferencing solutions available for businesses during the pandemic. I have to keep my video conferencing solutions open as clients and potential clients may not have access to other video conferencing solutions.

Inconvénients: There is nothing about the software application that I do not particularly like or have a specific problem with. It works great for its intended purpose and the purpose of my business. That is what matters to me.

• Publié le 20/05/2020
Archil S.
Business Analyst
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 26/03/2020

"Cheap, Easy, From Google"

Commentaires: Every app which is connected to google is distinguished with it's UI/UX, it is comfortable for using and easier to explain to other people how to use it. You can make a call for large group of people and experience will just get better and better.

Avantages: Teams meeting isn't affecting performance with any bit, we had meetings for more than 25 people and it still worked like as two people were meeting (sometimes even this is an issue)

Inconvénients: Application Window feature is really cool, but it is most unfortunate to not be able to switch from one application to another without switching camera on between them

• Publié le 26/03/2020
Samuel L.
Santé, bien-être et fitness, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 13/03/2020

"What happened to the bells and whistles Hangout"

Commentaires: Good video conferencing tool that allows you to connect with relative ease to others with Google accounts simply and fast. Wish it still had options to share files etc or share screen. A little bit too basic for my liking, especially when you are already connected to the suite.

Avantages: Love that Hangout is part of the Google Suite and that I don't have to use another platform to get the job done. Its simple, click, call and connect. No messing about. Reception/connection is good.

Inconvénients: A few years back Google Hangout was filled with features allowing you to share screens, share docs and it felt like it was properly integrated into the Google Suite of apps. Why oh why did they remove all of them and make it simple video conferencing. Big mistake IMHO.

• Publié le 13/03/2020
Creedence N.
Real Estate Agent
Immobilier, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 31/05/2020

"I love Google Meet!"

Commentaires: Overall Google Meet is amazing! IT'S FREE! It's easy to use. I also like it a lot more than other video meeting platforms.

Avantages: Google meet is literally the best platform to do meetings on! My company uses it on a weekly bases for meetings. It's super easy to use. It lets you cast your screen so everyone can see a presentation or what ever you would like to show them. It's very useful, and its free!!

Inconvénients: There really isn't anything to complain about. I have never experienced any issues on this platform.

• Publié le 31/05/2020
Eddy F.
Operations Director
Vente en gros, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 19/05/2020

"Google Meet Keeps you Connected"

Commentaires: I've made a few tries with this software and still trying it out, and testing its pros and cons.

Avantages: This software is fast and has a good connectivity quality, doesn't need much system requirement, and the connection is optimized for slower computers and connections.

Inconvénients: I think it could be a little easier to use, I have experience with computers and it is easy for me but I can see how a person with no computer skills can find it a little challenging, especially sharing the screen and switching from the meeting to the shared screen. People with low computer skills will find this easy too.

Mora C.
Architecture student
Urbanisme et architecture, 10 001+ employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 02/07/2020

"Just a few things"

Commentaires: I use Google Meet for all my university lessons. Almost everyday of the week I have a programed meeting with Google Meet. I also use it with my partners to design our architecture project. I really like it! We used to use Zoom, because of what I said before, that the proffessor could see us while he was teaching, but my university settled something with google that allows us to use google meet without spending any money on cellullar data (GREAT). And the fact that the meeting doesn't get cut every 40 minutes also influenced A LOT.

Avantages: I like the fact that it is connected with all the other google utilities. Everybody knows about it, it is easy to use, it is easy to setle a meeting with google meet. The fact that it can be connected with google calendar and gmail is a GREAT idea, I would have forgotten half of my classes if it weren't for google calendar. And would have spent too much time looking for the link, but because it is linked with the calendar, I can just enter to the Google Meet webpage and it just appears there. That was great, and all the improvements that were made in the last few weeks, great too.

Inconvénients: There is something that REALLY throws down google meet at the time to choose it, and it is that nowadays, with the quarantine, teachers and professors had to turn to these kind of softwares to be able to give their classes. And everybody wants this online method to be as similar to normal classes as possible, so at least, when you teach, you want to be able to see who you are talking to, but when you share your screen on Google Meet, you can not see anybody, you can not see who you are talking to, if they are listening, you can't see when they tell you something, and mainly, you feel like you are talking to a computer and not to people. It is a detail that makes a really big difference.
Another thing that would be great is if people could draw on other person's screen when they are presenting. I use Meet with my classmates to design a project and it is really hard to explain sometimes from which part of the drawing you are talking about, so between that and the fact that the other person can't see you, it becomes really hard.
One last thing would be something I saw on Zoom and I thought that was great. When you minimize the it you can still have a little window with the person that is talking just floating there. You can move it and put it wherever you want, so if you are watching a class, or someone giving a speech, you can still work on something else and see who's talking, that is not the same as hearing them.

• Publié le 02/07/2020
Gustavo F.
Medical Intern
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 27/05/2020

"A great tool that still needs improvement"

Commentaires: Google Meet has become a daily tool in my life since the adoption of distance learning at my university. It is very easy and quick to get used to it, but some technical problems can make your experience less fluid and a little irritating at times. Overall, it is a reliable, competent program, but it can improve in some aspects.

Avantages: The main advantage of Google Meet is its reliability. There are many competitors on the market, but few can match Google in the stability and security of its servers. The program has a simple and intuitive operation, allowing new users to adapt quickly. The invitation of members to a meeting is very easy, with the generation of an access link that can be shared. However, this does not make it difficult to control who can access the meeting, since new members, to participate, must receive authorization from those who are already at the meeting. Privacy options to disable your microphone and camera are available at all times, and even before entering the room, on the standby screen. Another great possibility is to record the entire meeting, which can be saved and made available through Google Drive to the participants.

Inconvénients: Despite providing a good overall experience, Google Meet suffers from some technical flaws. The main one is the inconsistency of the transmission quality. Even with good internet connections, the video quality presents severe bitrate drops, distorting the images and making some written content being transmitted, almost unreadable. The flaws in the audio are even more uncomfortable, occurring in some moments glitches that can be extremely unpleasant, especially in headphones users. Both failures can be minimized by reducing the number of participants who are broadcasting audio and video, but this goes against the whole proposal for a virtual meeting. A less serious negative point is the impossibility of saving the settings of the program interface in your Google account, being necessary to reconfigure from the default whenever you enter a meeting.

• Publié le 27/05/2020
Mira L.
Vente au détail, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 19/05/2020

"Useful for virtual meetings"

Commentaires: Overall, this app is useful. That's why I use it daily. I have a Google Pixel 2, so it's easy to use Google apps.

Avantages: I appreciate how many people can join a virtual meeting using Google Meet using a shared link or by sharing a meeting code. My last meeting on Google Meet had more than 70 people joining. Everyone had a good experience. Sometimes I wished I was able to mute attendees without having to ask them, but oh well. As the presenters were talking, I was able to send questions via chat that everyone can view without interrupting the speaker. I think the high turnout in our Google Meet meeting is a testimony that it was easy to connect and join the meeting using Google Meet. It's user-friendly. It was free to use Google Meet, which is a plus. I like how app automatically switches to the video of the person who is speaking. I like how that I can turn off speaker phone mode, mute my mic and turn off my video while still tuning into the meeting. The captions feature is a great idea! I'm surprised at how it is able to accurately convert speech-to-text even when I am using uncommon names, sometimes. It is able to go back and correct punctuations/grammar. Sometimes It goes back to incorrectly "correct" a sentence that was correct the 1st time, but I guess it is the way I talk. I talk with a "lisp." I use Zoom, too, and it's hard to get people to understand how to get it working and barely anyone joins Zoom meetings.

Inconvénients: I cannot add a virtual background. Speech-to-text (captions) is a nice feature but is not reliable, because it sometimes go back to incorrectly "correct" a sentence. Easy to accidentally back out or exit a meeting.
No tile view.
It's hard to figure out how to end the meeting.

Tuition teacher
E-learning, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 22/04/2020

"Google Hangouts! Give it a try, you'll love it!"

Commentaires: Overall I loved using google hangouts! It's clean, fast, responsive, good quality video and audio calls and my students love it. Seeing both email and chat's also in Gmail has also been a cool feature just another part of the synchronicity. A great product that is available for free and a product that should be used by everyone.

Avantages: In the past I've used many other video conferencing platforms such as skype, zoom or even Whatsapp, but recently I made the switch to use Google Hangouts to communicate with students and I have to say I love it. During these tough times it's hard to meet students and I've committed to doing online teaching and using google hangouts. It syncs up very smoothly and easily to your google account, receiving notifications and messages to any of your devices connected to your google account. It has a very clean and simple interface that can be used very easily in a professional setting. It has great quality in transmitting, voice and video output and the best part about this product is that it's completely free.

Inconvénients: I have no cons regarding this software, my only issue may be that hangouts is not as popular as some of the other video conferencing software's out there. Also maybe a potential negative is the ability for video calls to be automatically recorded and an option for me to download said call afterwards would be a great addition. Hopefully with this review and others I can get more people to use this software for all their needs.

• Publié le 22/04/2020
Anant M.
Divertissement, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 30/03/2020

"Hangouts - What better way to work from home?"

Commentaires: Basically what we were looking for was a conferencing solution that was free and reliable. Working and presentations directly from home was also a big consideration. Hangouts successfully filled that space and has presented no reason to switch

Avantages: - If used for video calling, it offers one of the highest quality video calling, this is in fact the most desirable feature of the application.
- All of this is for free which makes it extremely economical for the kind of quality it offers.
- I personally find that it is very easy to learn and that it gives you a quick option for chatting and video conferencing both personal and in groups.
- It also gives the facility of sharing multimedia files, emojis and stickers which makes its use in Business and Personal circles extremely lucrative.

Inconvénients: - It requires a stable and high bandwidth to properly function and if you are in a situation where don't have either of these things the app simply won't work or it would work with a lots of disturbances which can be very disappointing at times.
- It doesn't provide you with the facility of seeing the status of your contacts whether or not they are available for conversation which makes it troublesome to use.
- You also can't search for a previous conversation or message particularly, you can't even delete messages individually, in case you want to delete one text, you will have to delete the entire chat.

• Publié le 30/03/2020
Greg P.
Software Developer
Vente au détail, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 12/02/2020

"One Spot for all Your Voice Needs"

Commentaires: I've used Google Hangouts predecessor, Google Voice, since it came out. I even used it with Sprint when they partnered automatic voice forwarding and using your Sprint number on Google Voice (circa ~2010). Back then, I'd often use my HP laptop's microphone array and speakers covering the width of the device to use the speakerphone. Better quality on my laptop speakerphone setup with Google Voice (later Hangouts) than directly on a phone. Google Hangout's voice quality has always been exceptionally clear and steady. No perceptible delays, no stuttering, and it sounds high bitrate. Google Hangouts continues to provide cheap international phone calls through any of their interfaces. Also, enabled me to call over any Wi-Fi enabled device for cheaper calling when traveling outside USA. I often use a bluetooth headset with my computer, alternate regularly between Android + iOS devices (often carrying two simultaneously), while always maintaining Google Hangouts in the background and the same number across all devices. In recent years, Google Hangouts allowed me to login to multiple phone accounts in a single device. In addition to voice, Google Hangouts in recent years began supporting text and media messages through their desktop and mobile app making it seamless to start a conversation on one device then move to a more efficient device without waiting for a synchronization. Its become a complete cell phone replacement without the need to stay connected to one wireless carrier.

Avantages: Google Hangouts best feature is simultaneous use on multiple platforms. I use it on Android, iOS, and a web browser simultaneously. Text messages are forwarded to all devices. Phone calls are forwarded to all devices. Moreover, I can make an outgoing call on one device then put it on hold and call someone else if I need a quick conversation. The combinations are endless.

Inconvénients: There are features that interest me but I struggle to use. I should be able to transfer a call from one open device to another by pressing the '*' (star) button? I haven't succeeded in doing this. I should record calls through some key combination, but it doesn't work for me. Certain distinct features could be better used if there was a menu of options.

• Publié le 12/02/2020
Leng maday V.
Director of Operations
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 26/02/2020

"Great for team communications"

Commentaires: I love this software! I really do. I use it as the team chat in my organization. For simple communications and messages this is my to-go software. It's instantaneous, and since it's an extension from Google, the messages can be received either through the computer or the cellphone. In addition, the video conferencing and share screen options are awesome! It's been proved to be very helpful to me when I want to discuss about something with somebody who is not physically present. I use this software for work only to avoid confusions with personal communications.

Avantages: I like a lot of things about Hangouts. First, I love how simple it is. Second, I like the fact that is an extension from Google and connects/synchronizes to your Google account. I mean, who doesn't have/use a google account these days? You can receive messages directly to your computer or your cellphone. Hangouts knows what device is active. I also like the emoticons, they are different than other messaging softwares and apps. So far, I am loving Google Hangouts because of its simplicity, cool features, and connection/synchronicity to Google account.

Inconvénients: So far, I have no complains about the software. I only use it at work as a way to keep separated work communications from personal ones. Although something I don't like is that in order to be able to receive messages, Google account must be initiated.

• Publié le 26/02/2020
Technology Facilitator
E-learning, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 27/12/2019

"Great option for communication!"

Commentaires: Very satisfied! This allows me to stay up to date with colleagues and stay on the same page regarding projects and tasks. We tried other platforms, but given Hangouts integration with G Suite, this is hands down the best option.

Avantages: Hangouts is a fantastic option for online communication with teams or individuals. Here's what I like the most:
- It's a standard app in the G Suite platform so everything works with your Gmail/Drive account. There's no need to learn a new system or create a separate login. If you have a Gmail account, your good to go for free.
- Integration of G Suite files is seamless and effortless.
- All chat history is saved, so you can go back and review communications if you need to check on something.
- The user interface is clean and user-friendly.
- It's incredibly easy to learn to use. Not a steep learning curve.
- You have the ability to set up contact groups/teams for special purposes.
- Reliable - As long as you have a decent connection, audio and video chat is reliable and works well.
- Works across devices - laptop, tablet, phone!

Inconvénients: It lacks a few advanced features that competitors offer, but given that it's free with Drive and all that Drive offers, this is hardly a complaint. This may not be suitable for online meetings involving multiple people in places.

• Publié le 27/12/2019
Personalization Consultant
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 10/12/2019

"Absolutely love this product."

Commentaires: Super happy with this product, glad to have made the switch and have no intention of switching to anything else anytime. (Though I do wish I could record meetings...)

Avantages: - You can have a call (audio, video etc.) with one or many parties, share your screen if needed and make configurations. Super simple to set-up and also to combine with other tools you are using.
- Also like that when you are adding an event to your calendar. a Hangouts link is automatically created.

Inconvénients: - With other products, meetings used to automatically be recorded and made available to me which was great for going back and making notes, double-checking things etc. I just Googled and technically recording is also possible with Hangouts BUT "This feature is available with the G Suite Enterprise and G Suite Enterprise for Education editions."

• Publié le 10/12/2019
Helpdesk Manager
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 05/12/2019

"Google Hangouts Review"

Commentaires: Overall Google Hangouts provides us with good chatting functionality within our institute. End users find it extremely easy to use and enjoy seeing their email and chats in the same window.

Avantages: The integration into gmail is the best option for me. You can also download an app. With Active Directory Sync it is very easy to locate employees and it does allow you to chat externally.

Inconvénients: From time to time Hangouts would lose connectivity and go "Offline" while email was still available. This wasn't very often but it happened enough times to notice it over time. Notifications of a new message need to be worked on. It would be nice to see a more visible pop-up via the web interface. When I installed the app I began to see 2 windows come up and it was difficult to figure how and which one to turn off.

• Publié le 05/12/2019
Malinda S.
Station Master
Relations gouvernementales, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 14/11/2019

"A wonderful communication tool"

Commentaires: Over 2 years I have been using google hangouts and my experience was very positive. It's one of the most famous and incredible applications available for communication. Application is very light and it loads really fast. For me it's a great tool for video conferencing and collaboration. I think it is a good invesment for any business.

Avantages: As station masters we do communication mainly through emails and video conferences. There are quite a lot of employees in each and every station and it is somewhat difficult to gather them all at one place to held meetings. So we decided to use video conferencing for meetings when employees are difficult to be gathered. Google hangouts help me to connect with other station masters. Google hangouts has everything that mandatory for communication. I don't need to install any application instead it's perfectly integrate with the email account. I can check the availability of co-workers and the important conversations with them can be archived easily. Normally we create calendar events and join from hangouts.While I'm using hangouts, I can access both my mails and chat from my mobile and my PC. The interface is really simple and easy to follow so that that even an average person can easily use this.

Inconvénients: I love to have the feature of sharing multiple images and different file types with my colleagues. It would be great if google can improve on sharing different file types like pdf,xlsx etc and multiple images at once. Likewise google need to make certain improvements in hangouts to be competitive with other software giants in the industry. Other than that I have no complaints regarding hangouts and it satisfies me with my expectations about communication.

• Publié le 14/11/2019
Gaurav G.
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 09/11/2019

"Video Conferencing Made Super Easy!"

Commentaires: I am using Google Hangout tool at work to conduct conferencing calls with web developers so I can explain tagging requirements and strategy for new web pages, sites or applications. I also use it to do vendor presentations on how a particular media campaign performed. Overall my experience has been smooth as long as I am running one conferencing session and have closed all previous sessions. If I am calling using the random conference number and have muted the Hangout session while sharing my screen, it works fine.

Avantages: Google Hangout is one of the most intuitive and versatile tools available for video conferencing. Since its integrated with the Google ecosystem, I can access it from my corporate Gmail account or Google Calendar or directly through the meeting link. When I schedule a new meeting with my office colleagues, I can easily add Google Hangout to it when creating the invite which automatically generates a conference number. So, if the video conference doesn't work due to internet issues, I can simply dial into the conference using that random number. My favorite feature is Google Hangout letting me share my screen so other participants can see my presentation or whatever I am sharing in my laptop. All these features are available for use without additional cost, as long as, one has a Google account.

Inconvénients: There are couple of issues which bother me when using Google Hangout. Firstly, I can't have multiple conferencing sessions open at the same time. Secondly, the steps to share my screen or presentation are not very intuitive and confusing to those who are first time users. I also believe active Google Hangout conferencing sessions consume high RAM resources and slows down Chrome browser or CPU. Finally, since Hangout is a Google product, it doesn't work smoothly using any non-Chrome browsers such as Internet Explorer. If I try opening it in Internet Explorer, Google Hangout may not start conference session. Google also needs to add new features and make Hangout more friendly experience when using mobile. Plus, I should be able to use Google Hangout with other meeting participants who don't have Hangout.

• Publié le 09/11/2019
Becca R.
Recruitment Consultant
Recrutement, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 07/11/2019

"Google Hangouts is the Place to Be!"

Commentaires: I love Google Hangouts! It's how my team connects on a daily basis and is so easy to access and utilize. It's super user friendly and very streamlined.

Avantages: This is literally the easiest chat and video conference platform, period. It truly puts other software to shame, to the point where it's hard to fathom that companies spend money on specific software to connect in this way when Hangouts is free with G-Suite and super reliable. I love that you can be on or off camera, you can readily mute yourself before even hopping into the hangout, and that it switches the view to the active speaker so that you never have to scroll or click through to see who is talking.

Inconvénients: Sometimes, like with other Google products, it can seize up my Chrome browser. However, this is momentary and the lag will cease after a couple of seconds and allow me into the Hangout chat.

• Publié le 07/11/2019
Stephen olawale J.
ARCHITECT
Construction, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 06/06/2019

"MESSAGING PLATFORM BEST FOR THE GOOGLE COMMUNITY"

Commentaires: conversations on google hangout cannot be deleted or edited, that makes it to serve has a good record keeping platform for my organisation, in case i forget my past conversation i can search them out. Hangout has helped my organisation to save cost sourcing for other messaging platforms and i prefer it for instant messaging.

Avantages: The fact that google hangout is well integrated for the google mail users and chrome users, makes me to prefer it.
I receive messages faster, easy to access and communicate with my colleagues at work, hangout makes working from home fun,chat on hangout are well organised and sorted in order, and also, it notify me when messages are sent,hangout offer the ability to create groups for friends or co workers,keeping track of people is made easy, we make video calls daily with clients and trainee , the screen sharing has been very helpful in training our real estate agent on digital marketing. i suggest for my organisation to use google product such as gmail, chrome and hangout, its a great community for easy communication, since they are all well integrated.
One other thing is that I can search for my conversations, in case i forget, the fact that messages cannot be deleted after it has been sent has being beneficial, for record keeping, thanks to google.

Inconvénients: I observed that hangout is not keeping up with latest instant messaging features, that allows to send multimedia document easily, accessing, selecting and sending images while on conversation is not easy to access on gallery at ones,the video call functionality needs upgrade to allow more people to share video calls at ones, my organisation is out growing the hangout messaging platforms, we need to be able to send pdf files on hangout, but hangout still remain our choice because it keeps us integrated in the google community, since what cannot be sent through hangout could be sent via gmail.

• Publié le 06/06/2019
Jonathan M.
I.T. Administrator
Services juridiques, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 28/05/2019

"Hangouts is a quick and handy, but ultimately lacking chat solution"

Commentaires: We have been able to use Google Hangouts to quickly and easily communicate across departments and locations for simple and easy exchange of information.

Avantages: Hangouts is incredibly simple to set up and use; it integrates directly into your existing gmail/gsuite account automatically and allows chatting with specific individuals or groups with a single click. You can create new groups very easily, and it's incredibly simple to keep track of who is talking. Chats are sorted by most-recent-first, allowing you to instantly spot new messages and respond.

Inconvénients: There are very, very few features beyond what I've described in the Pros section. It's impossible to edit or delete a chat once it has been sent, there are no 'reactions' to individual chats, and most importantly there's no Level/Tier system meaning all chats are given equal focus and conversations can derail incredibly easily. Furthermore, you're restricted to using either the in-your-email interface, or the chrome addon interface, both of which have serious restrictions and failings in terms of notifications. The in-email interface makes it so you cannot see your chats unless you open your email tab, making multitasking very hard, and also masking notifications to the point it's basically imperceptible. The addon interface is bulky and unwieldy. It lacks any sort of stay-on-top-of-other-windows feature, and even if it had one it's so large you'd never want to use it. It doesn't pop itself forward when you receive any chats. The worst part is that it *used* to have an incredible addon interface, where it sat at the bottom of the screen only taking up a small handful of pixels, and popped up larger and flashed green whenever you had a new chat, and you could click on it to expand that chat to read/reply, and then minimize it back to the bottom of the screen, but then they "updated" it to the current version that's just objectively worse.

• Publié le 28/05/2019