Avis clients sur Viewpoint Spectrum

En savoir plus sur Viewpoint Spectrum

Spectrum est une solution ERP web complète dotée d'outils de pointe destinés à la comptabilité, la gestion de projet, etc.

En savoir plus sur Viewpoint Spectrum

They are always quick to respond and very knowledgeable about the product. They also make sure you know other products or classes that may be helpful as well.

Generation of reports can be sometimes a difficult task.

Viewpoint Spectrum - Notes

3,9
3,8
3,9
3,6

Viewpoint Spectrum a reçu une note globale de 4,0 étoiles sur 5 d'après 229 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Classer par

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Viewpoint Spectrum ?

IT Administrator (É.-U.)
Construction, 51-200 employés

I am the administrator for Spectrum in our company and overall the Experience has been very good!

Commentaires : Ease of administration and our accounting team rarely has any issues with the software

The support team is amazing. They are extremely helpful and are good at fixing the annoying bugs and getting to the root causes of our problems. The accounting and hr side of the software works extremely well and I have very few if any complaints or issues that I have to fix or call support for.

The project manangement side of the software was never really completed so its less than impressive. But I think on the positive side since Viewpoint has purchased Spectrum I think that integrating it with their Team software will make a huge difference in this section!

il y a 5 ans

We think our customer support team is amazing, too. Thank you! You¿re absolutely right about our project management focus moving to the Viewpoint Team platform, which is now integrated with Spectrum and has a product development roadmap that will open up a lot of new PM functionality to Spectrum/Team users.

Nick
VP Finance (É.-U.)

New Spectrum User

4,0 il y a 5 mois

Commentaires : We are still developing our processes as we are still a relatively new user, but overall we have had a very good experience with Spectrum.

The software was relatively easy to implement and start using after going live. There are numerous canned reports that are very helpful and it is also easy to navigate the database when creating custom reports.

The cost projection entry screen desperately needs to be updated. It was so cumbersome to use that we had to hire an outside consultant to build us an Excel template that interfaced with the system. Also, we allocate overhead based on a rate per manhour and this turned out to be a manual weekly process (our old software actually did this automatically).

il y a 5 mois

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Nick. We greatly appreciate your feedback!

Jill
É.-U.
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Non fourni
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Commentaires : I am employed by a large, heavy civil construction contractor in Oregon. I was hired five years ago in the payroll department, and Spectrum was the software that this company was already using. In the past, I had used a construction software called Foundation which was exceptional at job costing materials by piece versus hourly wage. Spectrum's latest upgrade to the new version 14 has had some major changes in the payroll and human resource module, and has taken some time to get used to. I found that the basic data entry screens are easy to use but it's taken more time to locate where the functions are than I had hoped. If our company had invested in having on-site training prior to the upgrade, I believe these changes would've been easier on all of our employees. One of our employees did attend the Seattle conference but she was disappointed that there was not more hands-on learning and training, and thought that our company should have received a team training session prior to the upgrade, as well. Our payroll, human resource, purchasing department, contract administration, and accounts payable departments have all requested additional training with this latest upgrade so that they can use Spectrum with confidence, and complete their daily tasks faster on a regular basis. I am awaiting several changes that our company has requested from Dexter and Chaney's support team via telephone and multiple emails. The human resource module needs some serious work in terms of versatility. I am still hoping to take a crystal reports training class in order to create reports in Spectrum, rather than exporting everything into an Excel spreadsheet and spending hours manipulating the reports to get the outcome that our company required for individual, specialized reports in payroll and human resources. The project management module also has one grave error in changing the appearance, flexibility, and directory for creating and maintaining transmittals. This particular flaw has cost our company a minimum of 5 hours per week in additional office clerical hours just to keep up the creating, sending, and scanning of all documents through transmittals. That's very upsetting to a fast-passed construction company that processes between 75 and 100 transmittals per week! The largest advantage I've seen since this last upgrade is that the system works faster on the Internet and I am able to access Spectrum from home.

Louise
Administrative Supervisor (Canada)
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 11-50 employés

Viewpoint Spectrum

5,0 il y a 6 mois

Commentaires : For the most part Spectrum is a well rounded program, a one stop shop. A few entry tweeks would be welcome.

When looking at projects it is easy to find what relevant information is required in respect to costing. It is nice to have the document images at the tips of your fingers. Reporting and exporting data.

Integrating some of the entries would be easier ie: setting up new customers and the sites - have to go to different sections to set this up. Would be more efficient if you were able to bypass this function or have it in the main set up screen. The amount of 'clicks' to be able to complete a task can be cumbersome. In the AP section, there are many different areas that have to be navigated to approve and get them to the GL. Not being able to see invoice images that are connected to a work order within the work order screen.

Lisa
HR Manager (Canada)

Spectrum Review

4,0 il y a 5 mois

Spectrum fit for us as we had outgrown Quickbooks. I love the document imaging and the cloud-based usage.

You need to be well versed in Crystal reports to create any custom report = more money. Spectrum does not seem to review suggested features that users need despite having a place to put that.

il y a 5 mois

Hi Lisa, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We greatly appreciate your feedback!

Laura
Finance (É.-U.)
Construction, 11-50 employés

Spectrum by Viewpoint

4,0 il y a 6 mois

The Job Costing/Tracking abilities are great!

The Project Managers do not know how to use the software and are not interested in learning as it spins them out trying to follow all of the different reports/areas I need to pull up just to find a couple of numbers.

Michelle
Project Accountant III (É.-U.)
Construction, 501-1 000 employés

Construction Software

Commentaires : I am a project accountant and have been a Spectrum user since 1996 when it was called ForeFront and this is the only construction software I've used. Overall I find the software easy to use. I've participated in training led by Spectrum trainers and their help and advise is invaluable. The ability to export data in different file types for analysis - exporting to excel file, data only is one I use regularly. We're also lucky to have an IT software support specialist with extensive Spectrum background who is able to provide SQL reports for those times when the standard reports and exports don't give us enough flexibility with the data for analysis.

Most processes in Spectrum are intuitive for the user.

As a long time user of Spectrum, we have a heavily customized Job Cost Report. It's becoming more difficult to accommodate our custom needs as new versions are released.

Les
Dir of IT (É.-U.)
Construction, 201-500 employés

Spectrum ERP is adequate for a majority of your needs

3,0 il y a 5 mois

Commentaires : We have not had a great experience with Spectrum from the initial sale, where we were told its capabilities in multi-company interchange, and found out it was untrue, and wanted us to pay a huge amount for this capability. Technical support is terrible where you have to sometimes wait for weeks to get an answer. I don't know when the last time I got an answer the same day, but with our other software we do.

The import data feature utilizing Excel is a really good system. It does what an ERP system should do, so it gets the job done, not the most efficient but it works.

This system is very click heavy and not streamlined. You have to click multiple times to get anything done, even though there is not reason to have to have extra clicks. Screen displays from on area are not consistent in another (some you enter up front info to see the input/edit screen, others the input/edit is displayed and is allowable when you enter the required information). It is not always intuitive for each module on where to go to get the information you are looking for. Many of the standard reports are really not helpful or complete as our last ERP system. Payroll Tax reports for state and federal requirements are not available unless you pay for custom reports at a very high premium rate. If you write reports using Crystal Reports or SQL, trying to find the correct fields and tables are difficult at best, I spend a lot of time in trial and error trying to find the right table and fields, other ERP systems I have used have an option that you can hover over any field in the display to see the table and field used. Not every table has an option to import changed data into the system, if something was entered/imported incorrectly (for instance they use a 2 digit year for equipment model year, upon import if you used a 4 digit year, they do not fail the import or warn you, they take the first 2-digits of the year, and after the fact you cannot modify the data except by hand). There are quite a few tables like this that you cannot change after the fact.

il y a 5 mois

Thank you for the feedback and taking the time to leave a review! We want to make sure you're aware of our customer resources including Viewpoint Academy, The Network, and more. Follow the link for more information on these resources. https://info.viewpoint.com/rs/623-NDA-487/images/Customer-Success-Resources-2022-07.pdf

Brad
Business Solutions Director (É.-U.)
Construction, 201-500 employés

Solid platform unless you have a support issue.

3,0 il y a 5 mois

Commentaires : As mentioned in previous responses the overall system is fairly stable but can be hugely problematic to get even small issues resolved if you have to go to support.

The product is fairly easy to use once set up and I like that you are able to access most data via the database for reporting.

By far the worst area of this product is their support. Years ago it was fantastic and like many other companies, as it has been acquired by larger and larger firms they provide less and less value via support. In most instances I am unable to even speak with a support rep on my first attempt, I am instead added to a call list and regularly do not receive a response sooner than a week even on cases that have been "escalated" or marked as critical.

Alarm Tech (É.-U.)
Sécurité et enquêtes, 201-500 employés

Great for Payroll

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

I love the fact that you can go on here and view your paystubs going back several weeks. You can see what deductions there are and it also shows your vacation time as well

There are no cons with this software at all

Sr. Staff Accountant ()
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 1 001-5 000 employés

Full featured software package

Commentaires : As with any large, complex and flexible software package like Spectrum, it can be rather complicated to set up and train users in operating it. We have been overall pleased in using it since we switched back in 2009. During this time our business has just about tripled in size and we do not feel as if we have out grown it.

Lots of modules available with a fairly robust implementation, continuing active additions of new features and improvements, document imaging allows easy access to attached documents, security rights for employees can be adjusted down to individual menu selections if necessary, customer support is very good and transparent (we are notified if something doesn't work as expected with suggested workarounds - even if we didn't report the issue), and the ability to create custom reports in Crystal.

While subscriptions for updated US and state income tax tables are available, local income tax tables are not. When a sales/use tax code is entered into the screen, it cannot be marked inactive if it is no longer used (there are some other setups with the same issue). If a report has been previewed or exported in one form (pdf, for example), it cannot be immediately exported in another (such as Excel) without re-running the report. While most reports run quickly, there are some that can take a while and having to wait the additional time for the same information can be frustrating.

JOAN
Business Manager (É.-U.)
Construction, 11-50 employés

A daily tool

Spectrum gives me an instant look at open POs or subcontracts, payment history, job and equipment costs, helps to manage compliance (licensing, current COI, etc.), time reports, timecards, vendors, phase/GL/job codes. I can instantly find out whether an invoice has been paid, when we invoiced a customer, whether new equipment has been added to inventory. We have nearly eliminated paper files using Spectrum and digital files. In the past couple of years, Viewpoint has created an outstanding suite of user support that ranges from daily updates, web-based free training, and a responsive staff that helps find learning resources or the right technician/trainer to answer questions. The Viewpoint Network was a game changer for me.

The reporting function is limited if you don't know Crystal Reports, and the reports aren't consistent. Some are available in comma delimited format, which makes it relatively easy to structure the information in Excel. Others download only as preformatted Excel reports, using an older version of Excel, which is awkward to use.

Joseph
Controller (É.-U.)

Spectrum 14.24

Commentaires : Like all programs that have a significant number of features, the more your staff learns about the software the better the ROI.
The user interface has a lot going on and can be overwhelming at first. However, there is a logic to it and once learned a diverse array of features can be accessed quickly.

The ability to access many features from one screen. The connectivity of features on screen. For example, if a job is displayed, all of the customer information is available as well. No need to add software to each workstation, software runs within a browser (I've used Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and my cell phone browser, I understand other browsers are supported as well) All reports can be emailed right from the display screen.

Many of the reports must be customized to meet user needs. Some features are not located in an intuitive place. Financial statement writer is basic and pretty weak.

mendy
Accounting (É.-U.)

Spectrum

Commentaires : Difficult at first to navigate. Set and implementation was horrible. Training not good

I like the different detailed functions. attachments, tracking, invoice approval routing, T&M billing when it works forrect

reports. the standard reports are not what i need. T&M billing does not always work correctly. Invoice corrections are messy. not clean. Can not reverse invoice when it is assigned a PO without approving even though invoice is not approved. The have to reverse. and reeer.

Suzann
Accountant (É.-U.)
Construction, 2-10 employés

Spectrum Software Review

5,0 il y a 6 mois

Commentaires : I started at Kuhn Construction last May. I had some training from the previous accountant, but basically just researched to find out how to do different tasks that she didn't go over. I'm still learning and in my downtime, I do the online training that is free.

Spectrum is pretty easy to use and figure out how to use different aspects. The online help and group interaction helps tremendously when trying to figure out a task.

The classes are kind of pricey. As a contractor that only works at this location for 3 days a week (not in a row), it makes it hard to take any of the classes as I have other clients I work for when I'm not here.

Kathy
Accounting Specialist (É.-U.)

I have been a Spectrum user for 20+ years. I am in accounting and really like the program.

I like that it is very user friendly. It has easy to read reports. Our payroll is very complicated, yet Spectrum was able to handle our payroll without any special programming. I also love the document imaging. I can now look up everything from my desktop when I need to see a timecard, A/R invoice or A/P invoice.

When writing reports sometimes it is very hard to find where the information is that you need. I think that BI is going to take care of this but you must be hosted by Spectrum, which we are not.

il y a 5 ans

Thanks for your continued support over the years, Kathy! We appreciate you taking time to share your experiences using Spectrum, and it's great to hear that you're finding the document imaging feature useful.

Carrie
Controller (É.-U.)
Construction, 51-200 employés

Customer Service is by far the best. They are always able to help with even the simplest questions.

The ability to pull out reports with any bit of information needed. I like that it show cost in real time as long as it is entered in a timely manner. The support that is offered is amazing someone is always able to help out.

I wish there was a way to email out pay stubs. I also wish the quarterly tax reports were printed on to the approved IRS or State forms already(less mistakes and less time taken) The same goes for certified reports - contractor make us transfer the information on the state approved forms.

il y a 5 ans

We really appreciate you mentioning our outstanding customer support team, Carrie. Thank you! The team takes a lot of pride in providing great service, and it¿s nice to be recognized.

Herman
CFO (É.-U.)

Best I've used in 26 years

Commentaires : I first starting using spectrum when it was called Forefront in 1992. I was working as a controller for a large mechanical and needed software that was easily usable and would perform without having to have a large in house IT staff. Since then, I have worked for four major companies and have brought along Forefront/Spectrum to each one of the companies for whom I have worked. It's a great product with fantastic backup. I've worked and looked at others along the way, but have always come back to Spectrum.

Does all I like it to do. Provides great information and is usable in multiple ways. Great trainers and support for any use/problem.

Can't think of one. I've used others but they didn't match up for the construction industry.

Andy
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Non fourni
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Commentaires : We purchased Spectrum a few months ago, and have been very pleased with it - especially with regards to managing a group of companies all within the same software. We're a developer building single family homes in British Columbia, and we were looking for a solution that allowed us to go paperless in the office, and at the same time, be able to have a project management component that linked the job site to the office. We upgraded quite substantially from Simply Accounting and have overhauled all our processes to ensure that things could be automated as much as possible where it made sense to do so. We're due to go live on September 2nd, and the implementation has gone very well. The team has supported us and explained things clearly any time we were struggling. It has taken about 3 months in total, by committing to meet with them over the phone for around 6 hours per week. The IT desk and other staff members we speak to are all very knowledgeable and pretty much always available to speak to when we need it. We have been eagerly anticipating the v14 update so that Canadian taxes are now able to be handled, so I'm looking forward to a paperless future. Its a very powerful tool as long as it's used in the right way and is fed with the right information. If I were to point out negatives for our company specifically, we need to be able to do property management through this system - which there is no add on for. The workaround we chose to go with was to use accounts receivable to track these things. I can also see that if we were wanting to pull all the detail from Simply Accounting and move it all over, then the implementation process would have been very lengthy. Instead we transferred only summary balances forward. One frustration we had is that our check stock is not compatible with Spectrum and we got a very expensive quote for them to tweak the system to change the format of our checks.

Tracy
Senior Accountant ()

Great Accounting Software

Commentaires : I love this software! The report options are endless!

For years my company used Mas90. While it was a good software, we needed something geared more toward job costing and our service department, that could also handle the growth of the company. We have also recently ventured toward multi-state payroll, multi-company. We are able to switch companies with ease - no logging out!

We have been using Spectrum since 2012 but have only touched the surface with its functionality. However, there support staff is wonderful as well as their training options.

Pam
Systems Development Manager ()

Pam Manoloff

Commentaires : Support for the Spectrum software as provided by the original DC support group is well above average. Their response time on basic to intermediate issues is nearly always instantaneous, and they aren't afraid to dive into the areas that are more complex. They just take a bit more time. And the culture of staff from product support to development to sales to professional services is aimed toward providing solutions.

The API's are amazing. They provide bi-directional interface with Spectrum allowing maximum efficiency for internal processes. The SQL environment creates a platform for dynamic reporting power enabling the ability to link Spectrum data tables with other databases as well. The intuitive navigation provides a user-friendly experience, and the browser based application eliminates laborious client based software maintenance processes.

For an asphalt manufacturer and unit price contractor, some of the tools available need to be developed further. They have a good start and for simple analysis situations they may be enough. However, if it sophisticated analysis you are after, there needs to be further development in these areas.

Nathan
Service Manager ()
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Powerful software that has improved our business

Cloud platform allows anywhere access. We had several disjointed systems for document imaging, some billing functions, etc. With Spectrum, we were able to consolidate systems and introduce some much needed and improved processes for digital expense approval, time cards. Built on SQL we also implemented automated report functions that has saved lots of busy work. Customizable dashboards allow at a glance management by exception.

Complex setup, detailed data import could improve, annual maintenance fees are significant as compared to our previous package. Work order system field technician module only allows the most basic system functions.

Ryne
Ryne
Project Manager (É.-U.)

Spectrum for Construction Project Management

Commentaires : We use Spectrum on a daily basis for our accounting/project management software. Once the reports are honed to what you need and you learn where everything is, it takes care of everything we need it to.

Very powerful for tracking projects and integrating accounting. Lots of features, many more than I will ever actually use, but it can do just about anything you need it to.

Definitely a learning curve and takes time to find how/where to accomplish certain tasks.

Kayla
Process Improvement Specialist ()

Spectrum Review

Online User Interface Document Imaging Pretty Good security management (can easily define who can do/see what)

Not all functions available in all modules Not able to automate reconcilliation Reports often have to be customized to get the information you need Support is not always helpful - have to carefully explain issue/user experience, usually try to send you to a help article that is not sufficient Can only process one pay roll batch at a time No "set up" workflow (ie. while everything is usually within one area, there is no flow that goes through all required fields for a new entry/things can be missed

Melissa
HR Manager ()

Great System!!

I love the system, it has great value and ease of use. The dashboard and the apps you can put on it are very visually appealing and add great value to the system.

The system can use a few enhancements. There needs to be a little less going on with the criteria screens for running reports, PM's can get extremely overwhelmed when trying to run reports due to the fact that there are so many different options on how to run the reports. There are few other small items that can be enhanced, but it seems as if Spectrum is enhancing things regularly so I'm sure it is only a matter of time.