Avis clients sur Spectrum

Filtrer par :

• Service client

En savoir plus sur Spectrum

Spectrum est une solution ERP web complète dotée d'outils de pointe destinés à la comptabilité, la gestion de projet, etc.

En savoir plus sur Spectrum

205 avis affichés

IT Administrator
  • Publié le 10/07/2018

"I am the administrator for Spectrum in our company and overall the Experience has been very good!"

Commentaires: Ease of administration and our accounting team rarely has any issues with the software

Avantages: The support team is amazing. They are extremely helpful and are good at fixing the annoying bugs and getting to the root causes of our problems. The accounting and hr side of the software works extremely well and I have very few if any complaints or issues that I have to fix or call support for.

Inconvénients: The project manangement side of the software was never really completed so its less than impressive. But I think on the positive side since Viewpoint has purchased Spectrum I think that integrating it with their Team software will make a huge difference in this section!

Réponse de l'éditeur

envoyé par Viewpoint le 13/07/2018

We think our customer support team is amazing, too. Thank you! You¿re absolutely right about our project management focus moving to the Viewpoint Team platform, which is now integrated with Spectrum and has a product development roadmap that will open up a lot of new PM functionality to Spectrum/Team users.

• Publié le 10/07/2018
Lisa M.
HR Manager
  • Publié le 11/03/2021

"2 years in and we're still learning."

Commentaires: We've found errors in the software. When we reached out to Spectrum to ask for a fix we were told it was our own fault, asked us to pay for the fix, passed around, then finally Spectrum said it was their fault and would begin to fix. No timeline was given however. We need better customer service or IT turnaround times. It is incredibly frustrating to reach out with an issue, or suggest a much needed feature, with little or no response.

Avantages: Document imaging is great. We also enjoy the invoice approval feature. Took us a while to implement and learn the system (well, we're still learning).

Inconvénients: Payroll adjustments we'd like to do behind-the-scenes and not on a paycheque are a nightmare. The inability to track the purchaser of AP invoices. We use a user-defined field, but it does not link to the payroll module. Definitely not as user friendly as we would have liked (we came from Quickbooks though). The pricing module sucks. We need to pay for amount of users at one time (as some users access maybe once a week at most), not for named users.

Melvin H.
Construction
  • Publié le 14/11/2013

"Spectrum - Great features but could be better"

Avantages: Document imaging is truly built inside the software. The image storage was built inside every module for anything you want to scan. All of our AP (invoices, vendor contracts, Insurance Certs), AR (invoice supporting documents, MSA's), equipment files (titles, registrations), etc. were stored electronically and very easy to review. When approving AP, right inside the pre-check register I could review an electronic copy of any invoice making approval on the road very simple. There were also reports that could be run telling you when contracts were to expire, registrations were due, etc. The bottom line is that the designers not only listened to what the end users wanted, they also spent a lot of time making sure they designed it to make it easy for everyone. There are also a lot of user designed fields that allow you to customize things to fit your needs.

Inconvénients: We had problems keeping the TB in balance. At least every three months, we had a transaction that only posted 1/2 of the entry, so when we ran a trial balance, it was out of balance (and the rebuild utilities wouldn't fix it), we then had to spend hours researching witch entry didn't post correctly, figure out the other side of the entry and then pay someone with backdoor access to recreate the missing entries. When we called Dexter and Chaney's support team, they had no answers as to why it happened; they would just help us figure out how to fix it (charged per hour). The financial report writer needs a lot of work. They do not support any of the better 3rd party systems like FRx, F-9, Hyperion, etc. Therefore, there was a lot of dumping to Excel and re-keying things into formats we could use. There was also zero drill-down capability. If you ran a TB and questioned what was in the line item, you had to run a detailed TB to see the detail. Then, if it came from another sub-ledger you had to run a report there to see the source document. Our implementation consultant was not very good; her training seemed poor and her knowledge of the workings of Spectrum were great, but she had no experience with the every day use of it, so I frequently pushed back on how it would work in the real world. Eventually she would concede that it would work better the way I proposed.

• Publié le 14/11/2013
Nicole E.
HR/Payroll
  • Publié le 26/03/2021

"Great product has some flaws but nothing we were not able to work around."

Commentaires: It's been a great product that we've used for the last 9 years.

Avantages: The way that as technology changes they system is updated to match.

Inconvénients: Vacation accrual system is not what I'd like it to be. I have to do my own spreadsheet to get it to work properly.

Kaylee B.
Accounts Payable
  • Publié le 11/03/2021

"In-Depth Program With Great Potential"

Commentaires: Overall I do like Spectrum. I feel like there are areas it could improve in and that I could be made more modern/ appealing to the eye. When I am busy I am able to answer the phone and navigate through Spectrum quickly to get the information I need right away. The depth of the program is a very good thing as long as they focus on having ways to be able to dig deep quickly or else finding information can become a headache.

Avantages: I really like all the different reports that are made available. There are many places to add all different kinds of information and once the information is added in Spectrum allows you to pull reports for everything. Another feature I like a lot is the Favorites Bar. Spectrum is very broad and the Favorites Bar makes it very easy to quickly assess certain features of Spectrum that are specific to your role.

Inconvénients: Some features about the software can be "glitchy" in certain features. For instance we have a tab with lots of information added in to one thing and this can cause Spectrum to freeze up and I will have to close completely out and log back in and start over what I was working on at the time. We have tried different recommendations to resolve this issue, but we get the same result.

Joan H.
Business Manager

"A daily tool"

Avantages: Spectrum gives me an instant look at open POs or subcontracts, payment history, job and equipment costs, helps to manage compliance (licensing, current COI, etc.), time reports, timecards, vendors, phase/GL/job codes. I can instantly find out whether an invoice has been paid, when we invoiced a customer, whether new equipment has been added to inventory. We have nearly eliminated paper files using Spectrum and digital files. In the past couple of years, Viewpoint has created an outstanding suite of user support that ranges from daily updates, web-based free training, and a responsive staff that helps find learning resources or the right technician/trainer to answer questions. The Viewpoint Network was a game changer for me.

Inconvénients: The reporting function is limited if you don't know Crystal Reports, and the reports aren't consistent. Some are available in comma delimited format, which makes it relatively easy to structure the information in Excel. Others download only as preformatted Excel reports, using an older version of Excel, which is awkward to use.

Kevin T.

"Very User Friendly"

Avantages: The software is very user friendly. It is easy to navigate the multiple screens throughout the software. The integration/implementation of the software was a pretty smooth process as well. Customer service is always very helpful, and they almost always find a solution to my problem the same day. I love that you can customize all of the different module options in Spectrum to fit the needs of each company/user.

Inconvénients: We started using Spectrum before there was a "cloud" option, and now all of the new modules or field apps require you to be a user of their cloud instead of self-hosted. This is unfortunate since many companies made a significant investment when initially switching to a self-hosted Spectrum platform. We are either forced to switch to the cloud and pay a significantly higher price each year or miss out on all of the new features of Spectrum.

Karen D.
Payroll & Benefits Administrator
  • Publié le 11/03/2021

"Tons of features, but could use better reporting."

Commentaires: Spectrum support has become an issue in the last couple of years. When you can reach someone, the support is excellent. They have great people in support, but it has become increasingly difficult to get support on a timely basis.

Avantages: Spectrum is fairly easy to use and navigate. We are paperless and the document imaging is easy to use and functional. Most reports can be downloaded in various formats, which is great.

Inconvénients: Working in payroll, it is sometimes difficult to find the report(s) that contain the necessary data for the task at hand and sometimes the report needed doesn't exist. InfoLink allows us to extract data from Spectrum directly to Excel, but the tables are difficult to navigate and this process is very time consuming.

Andrea M.
  • Publié le 11/03/2021

"Spectrum - Consistent Navigation for all Accounting Processes"

Avantages: I really like that the look and feel of Spectrum is consistent throughout the system. The A/P and Payroll processing is similar which helps the user become familiar with new job responsibilities quickly.

Inconvénients: The General Ledger module is period driven, not date. So when running a Trial Balance a specific date is not available, without extracting to excel. For example, if you want to know the total Cash GL as of January 15th, the Trial Balance will only run for the period.

Cristian sebastian F.
Cristian sebastian F.
  • Publié le 07/08/2019

"OK"

Commentaires: It is fine, easy to use, I use it everyday, it has some bugs sometimes but nothing really serious, some features need to improve.

Avantages: I would say is easy to use, it has all in the box, ok for a PM software.

Inconvénients: They need to improve some features, I would like to have a punch list section and somehow tie schedule to the software to track my cost/schedule.

• Publié le 07/08/2019
David L.
Sr. Staff Accountant
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 07/11/2017

"Full featured software package"

Commentaires: As with any large, complex and flexible software package like Spectrum, it can be rather complicated to set up and train users in operating it. We have been overall pleased in using it since we switched back in 2009. During this time our business has just about tripled in size and we do not feel as if we have out grown it.

Avantages: Lots of modules available with a fairly robust implementation, continuing active additions of new features and improvements, document imaging allows easy access to attached documents, security rights for employees can be adjusted down to individual menu selections if necessary, customer support is very good and transparent (we are notified if something doesn't work as expected with suggested workarounds - even if we didn't report the issue), and the ability to create custom reports in Crystal.

Inconvénients: While subscriptions for updated US and state income tax tables are available, local income tax tables are not. When a sales/use tax code is entered into the screen, it cannot be marked inactive if it is no longer used (there are some other setups with the same issue). If a report has been previewed or exported in one form (pdf, for example), it cannot be immediately exported in another (such as Excel) without re-running the report. While most reports run quickly, there are some that can take a while and having to wait the additional time for the same information can be frustrating.

• Publié le 07/11/2017
Lora M.
AR
  • Publié le 04/12/2018

"From an AR Perspective"

Commentaires: Overall Spectrum is a time saver. It has helped bring project management into the loop of being able to resolve customer issues.
The best part is it has allowed me to be able to work from home two days a week for a year now!

Avantages: The navigation make it so you can figure out what you need to do next with a minimum amount of training on how to use the system.
The customizable reports are a great asset.
Billing reports are easy to pull together.

Inconvénients: Draw Request is my least favorite in this system. When you open draw request it shows you in the upper right in financials you have previous work. The total schedule of values is NOT showing. If you have amounts in both this period and materials stored the system will not give you a total of combined for the draw. Also when you are in the draw the entire line needs to highlight while scrolling down for the line you need. It gets very frustrating at times.
When something is entered into job cost under the wrong phase, there needs to be a way to change the phase and not have to do multiple entries for negative to to incorrect phase and a positive to the correct phase. That would be ha huge time saver.

• Publié le 04/12/2018
Jill M.
  • Publié le 23/07/2013

Commentaires: I am employed by a large, heavy civil construction contractor in Oregon. I was hired five years ago in the payroll department, and Spectrum was the software that this company was already using. In the past, I had used a construction software called Foundation which was exceptional at job costing materials by piece versus hourly wage. Spectrum's latest upgrade to the new version 14 has had some major changes in the payroll and human resource module, and has taken some time to get used to. I found that the basic data entry screens are easy to use but it's taken more time to locate where the functions are than I had hoped. If our company had invested in having on-site training prior to the upgrade, I believe these changes would've been easier on all of our employees. One of our employees did attend the Seattle conference but she was disappointed that there was not more hands-on learning and training, and thought that our company should have received a team training session prior to the upgrade, as well. Our payroll, human resource, purchasing department, contract administration, and accounts payable departments have all requested additional training with this latest upgrade so that they can use Spectrum with confidence, and complete their daily tasks faster on a regular basis. I am awaiting several changes that our company has requested from Dexter and Chaney's support team via telephone and multiple emails. The human resource module needs some serious work in terms of versatility. I am still hoping to take a crystal reports training class in order to create reports in Spectrum, rather than exporting everything into an Excel spreadsheet and spending hours manipulating the reports to get the outcome that our company required for individual, specialized reports in payroll and human resources. The project management module also has one grave error in changing the appearance, flexibility, and directory for creating and maintaining transmittals. This particular flaw has cost our company a minimum of 5 hours per week in additional office clerical hours just to keep up the creating, sending, and scanning of all documents through transmittals. That's very upsetting to a fast-passed construction company that processes between 75 and 100 transmittals per week! The largest advantage I've seen since this last upgrade is that the system works faster on the Internet and I am able to access Spectrum from home.

• Publié le 23/07/2013
Delmas G.
  • Publié le 17/07/2020

"Excellent construction accounting software"

Commentaires: Our experience with Spectrum has been good over the 6 years we are using the software.

Avantages: This software does a good job of integrating our construction operations. We do not use the project management part of it though.
We do a lot of job costing for our projects.

Inconvénients: I think the inventory module should be modernized and brought up to current standards. It is not very easy to use.

• Publié le 17/07/2020
Joseph G.
  • Publié le 01/11/2018

"Spectrum 14.24"

Commentaires: Like all programs that have a significant number of features, the more your staff learns about the software the better the ROI.
The user interface has a lot going on and can be overwhelming at first. However, there is a logic to it and once learned a diverse array of features can be accessed quickly.

Avantages: The ability to access many features from one screen.
The connectivity of features on screen. For example, if a job is displayed, all of the customer information is available as well.
No need to add software to each workstation, software runs within a browser (I've used Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and my cell phone browser, I understand other browsers are supported as well)
All reports can be emailed right from the display screen.

Inconvénients: Many of the reports must be customized to meet user needs.
Some features are not located in an intuitive place.
Financial statement writer is basic and pretty weak.

• Publié le 01/11/2018
Karen L.
  • Publié le 16/07/2018

"We have been with Spectrum since 1997 (when it was Forefront). This software is a workhorse!"

Commentaires: Ease of use and great support!

Avantages: I like how easy this program is to use. If I can't find the report I need, I can easily export to Excel or Crystal Reports. The document imaging module saves us time when we need to review invoices or other documentation later. When I have issues, the support team is right there and usually can fix the problem while we are on the phone. It is rare for us to have an open ticket.

Inconvénients: There are some differences between modules. When you exit a previewed report, some take you back to the site map while others take you back to the report page so you can adjust and run again if necessary. Consistency would be nice. It isn't a big deal, it could save a few steps.

Réponse de l'éditeur

envoyé par Viewpoint le 06/08/2018

You have truly seen the evolution of the software, going all the way back to the Forefront days. Wow! Thank you for your support through the years, Karen. We really value your partnership.

• Publié le 16/07/2018
Hilary L.
Manager of Finance
  • Publié le 24/02/2017

"Great for Costing, Not for investigation of transactions, terrible for CDN Payroll"

Commentaires: While the product has great features for costing, the reports and review capabilities are limited. It is very difficult to drill down on certain types of transactions and get enough information. There are also many issues with Canadian Payroll and a lack of support with knowledge. The new upgrade also has many bugs and requires a significant amount of time with developers to take corrective action. While this is free of charge, does not seem to respect that my time spent costs the company money. I don't trust the accuracy of posting in Spectrum.

Avantages: It is really great for costing. It provides simple job costing for labour, equipment, and cost management. There is free product support (US based) and (most of) the people there are extremely helpful and want to help y ou find a solution.

Inconvénients: -The biggest flaw is the very small field space for memo lines. We have to keep many backup journals
-If any payments are made other than through the AP module, it is really difficult to drill down on a prior transaction.
-Posting errors for payroll (such as posting to the wrong job or equipment number) can only be corrected by completely voiding and re-entering the entire payroll. There are obviously times where an employee is going to mix up information. We can do a correcting journal entry so the costs are correct, however, labour cost reports don't pick up Journal Entries.

• Publié le 24/02/2017
Mendy R.
Accounting
Construction, 201-500 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 30/01/2020

"Spectrum"

Commentaires: Difficult at first to navigate. Set and implementation was horrible. Training not good

Avantages: I like the different detailed functions. attachments, tracking, invoice approval routing, T&M billing when it works forrect

Inconvénients: reports. the standard reports are not what i need. T&M billing does not always work correctly. Invoice corrections are messy. not clean. Can not reverse invoice when it is assigned a PO without approving even though invoice is not approved. The have to reverse. and reeer.

• Publié le 30/01/2020
Lesley L.
Sr. Project Coordinator
  • Publié le 02/11/2017

"Four years and counting"

Avantages: I have been using Spectrum V14 since it was released. I like the apps on the Site Map and the shortcuts menu. I train our project manager and project engineers on this software regularly and these two areas I think get used the most by our people. I promote these areas on a regular basis and encourage everyone to use the ones we have already created and also create their own.

Inconvénients: My wish list would include a link to Outlook for ease of obtaining and maintaining a list of current contacts. Also, RSS feeds hardly ever get used, but links to actual websites would be a better feature. Also, insurance tracking feature is confusing when working between the vendor and the job-specific side. It would be very helpful if the Help Menu broke down the available features related to insurance and how each one can or should be used.

• Publié le 02/11/2017
Ruby C.
Accounting Manager

"Love Spectrum"

Commentaires: I used Spectrum at least 15 years. The best major financial and construction software. One thing I truly like is the Tech Support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the best one. Besides the question I asked, he can always be proactive to provide me more info on the related items I need to know. Others are good, too.

Avantages: User friendly. Experienced Tech Support. Listening to the customers' needs, and always growing with better function. I used Oracle before. It's very hard to use. No common sense and always have to check for error. Although we can't customize a software like Oracle JD Edwards, but it's actually better. As a user, we don't need to "design" a software. We only need a software that works and easier to use.

Inconvénients: My only complain is still the Time off Bank. The effective date should be the Work Period End Date, not the Pay Date.

Erin W.
Operations Controller
  • Publié le 15/03/2021

"Great System!"

Commentaires: My overall experience with Spectrum has been great, their customer service seems to have declined slightly since the merge with Viewpoint, but hopefully that gets better with time.

Avantages: I am a huge fan of Spectrum, coming from a different system that was way too slow and couldn't handle the amount of data we had in it, I feel as if Spectrum is a great system that is always upgrading and shifting. We have been a customer since 2016 and I have nothing but good things to say about the software.

Inconvénients: I would say there are a few things I dislike about the system, but the biggest dislike would probably be the fact that you need to void invoices and invoice numbers to make any kind of change on them.

• Publié le 15/03/2021
Michelle J.
Project Accountant III
Construction, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 07/08/2018

"Construction Software"

Commentaires: I am a project accountant and have been a Spectrum user since 1996 when it was called ForeFront and this is the only construction software I've used. Overall I find the software easy to use. I've participated in training led by Spectrum trainers and their help and advise is invaluable. The ability to export data in different file types for analysis - exporting to excel file, data only is one I use regularly. We're also lucky to have an IT software support specialist with extensive Spectrum background who is able to provide SQL reports for those times when the standard reports and exports don't give us enough flexibility with the data for analysis.

Avantages: Most processes in Spectrum are intuitive for the user.

Inconvénients: As a long time user of Spectrum, we have a heavily customized Job Cost Report. It's becoming more difficult to accommodate our custom needs as new versions are released.

• Publié le 07/08/2018
Michelle B.
Director of Accounting
  • Publié le 10/03/2021

"Spectrum - Construction Software"

Commentaires: The company that I joined in 2014 began using Spectrum in 1997. Over the last few years we have researched a few other accounting software platforms in means of further upgrading our department. Nothing has come as close to our needs as Spectrum. The integration between the modules is seamless and the ease of use is refreshing.

Avantages: Ease of use and integration between modules! This software is very user friendly. The ability to export reports/data to excel is also wonderful and used almost daily.

Inconvénients: We have not implemented the Project Management/Team side of Spectrum. It is constantly evolving, however our it does not quite fit our PM department needs...yet. As with all upgrades, we are continuing to watch their new innovations and hope to utilize it in the future.

Paula H.
CFO
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 20/04/2018

"Don't fix what isn't broken"

Commentaires: Spectrum has continued to grow their products. They have a superb support department. The staff is fairly consistent with not a lot of turn-over. You get to know the people behind the scenes and build relationships with them and their network.

Avantages: My favorite thing about Spectrum is that it continues to grow with our business. We have been Spectrum users for 25 years. In these 25 years Spectrum has been on the cutting edge of technology. We continue to get value from the updates and software collaborations.

Inconvénients: My least favorite thing is it takes too long to get updates. I would like the easy updates to come out once a month. I realize this is not cost effective, but typically if there is anything I am disgruntled about it will show up in a future quarterly update.

• Publié le 20/04/2018
Tina H.
  • Publié le 08/08/2013

Commentaires: We've been using Dexter & Chaney Spectrum (previously Forefront) for over 12 years; longer than I've actually been employed by the construction company I work for. We originally (and for many years) only used Spectrum for some basic accounting functions. After finally upgrading to the current version (we are currently on V13), we expanded our use of the software, utilizing the system on a much broader base - from purchasing and subcontracts, to projecting costs, and financial reporting/WIP. We have found that with the increased functionality came increased training needs. We had project managers that had never used the system previously, and suddenly needing to do their projections directly in the system. Navigation has been a source of contention, but we think that version 14 shows some promise on being much easier to navigate for non-computer-savvy users. Computer savvy users have generally been able to quickly learn to use the system. The flexibility of the system does allow a large range of ways to enter and report information, and this has been a positive and a negative. It's a positive as we can choose to set up jobs in different ways depending on how we want to run and report that job. It's a negative in that there are so many choices to make, and that some users can get confused if given too many options. Customer support was initially very poor, as we were on a very old version that really wasn't being supported well. Since we've upgraded to a more recent version, customer support has improved. Custom programming can be very expensive, and we've encountered some issues that required custom programming, but Spectrum, for the most part, has enough functionality in place with the base product to meet most needs. I've used a few other systems, and Spectrum seems to be far better than the other ones I've used. I've heard others complain sometimes, but I think that some of that comes from confusion over the wide variety of options and the navigation difficulties (not being intuitive). All-in-all, I think it's a pretty good product.

• Publié le 08/08/2013