Avis clients sur Foxit Reader

• Service client

En savoir plus sur Foxit Reader

Un lecteur de PDF sur le cloud qui fournit aux auteurs des solutions pour gérer les commentaires de documents, les alertes de versions et les protections par mot de passe.

En savoir plus sur Foxit Reader

468 avis affichés

María lucía S.
Coordinadora SSr
Internet, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 26/08/2019

"Foxit reader is the best option for creating pdf files"

Commentaires: Overall is a extremely powerful PDF reader. Its free version is so complete, has a lot of functionalities that other readers lack, as higlighting, screenshot options, creating PDFs from other files, sharing, and the possibility of adding notes. I would reccomend Foxit both to office employees and university students.

Avantages: Foxit Reader was first reccomended to me by a friend from the university, long time ago, when we needed easy to use PDF readers that allowed highlighting the files. So, I started using it 5 years ago, If I'm not wrong. Later, I discovered that this software had other great features (apart from highlighting options), but my favourite is the possibility of converting files in any format to PDF fast and easily, just by selecting the file from your device. I had some reports made of images that I had to convert to PDF without losing quality, because some clients asked that. Foxit helped me to do that in less than a minute.

Inconvénients: I don't have many cons to remark, but sometimes its tab system to open the files it's a little bit confusing if you're still not used to the software.

Bernardo M.
Research Assistant
Exploitation minière et métaux, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 25/09/2020

"Decent PDF Reader"

Commentaires: It is very useful and simple to read PDF files and has very good tools to analyze the text and leave comments.

Avantages: At first I didn't like to have Foxit Reader installed in my computer. I was used to Acrobat Reader. However, Foxit Reader have surprised me. The feature that I like the most (and maybe because I use the most) is the comments tools. I like how it is very easy and simply to leave a comment or highlight a text - there is even more than one highlighter color that I can choose and the software is very friendly. Regarding comments, I can use different forms to leave a comment which is very useful if you have to leave different types of comments.

Inconvénients: Recently I have updated my Foxit Reader and somehow I cannot access the recent files from the start window. Sometimes I open several files and they also do not show up on the recent files list, which is annoying that I have to go all the way to the folder and open it from there. If it is a bug from the recent version it could be fixed.

• Publié le 25/09/2020
Andy H.
Administrator
Gestion de l'enseignement, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 31/10/2019

"Works as advertised"

Commentaires: Foxit Reader works great for reading PDFs and even making notes on them. I have used it to fill out PDFs that needed to be completed and returned to someone. Overall it is a good PDF reader.

Avantages: Foxit Reader does not take up very much space on the computer hard drive. It opens quickly and offers features that allow you to type or write on the PDF.

Inconvénients: I have had trouble trying to open PDFs with Foxit Reader after I use the Foxit Reader printer to create the PDF. I have not been able to find the problem causing this.

• Publié le 31/10/2019
Construction, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 14/09/2020

"A great option for the workplace"

Commentaires: Foxit reader works great and I have had no issues with its functionality. It is not the most popular however so a few programs that are designed speciffically to work with Adobe pdf reader, (such as Quickbooks Online) do not appear correctly. It is a very minor issue and most people woundn't even notice so I would highly recomend Foxit Reader to anyone looking for an alternative to Adobe.

Avantages: I use Foxit Reader with Foxit PhantomPDF and it is a wonderful combo. It is much cheaper than Adobe and has all the same functionality from what I can tell.

Inconvénients: Foxit is not the most commonly used pdf reader so some things do present better on Adobe Pdf Reader and you may need a version of it to get some documents to appear correctly.

• Publié le 14/09/2020
Eoin G.
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 27/07/2020

"Great general PDF reader, ability to markup, comment, "Type" and "Sign" PDF forms is amazing"

Commentaires: My first introduction to Foxit came more 13 years ago (or so, around 2007) when looking for a solution that did not hog so much of my cheap "student" laptop's meager resources. As the software feature set has grown, I find that I use Foxit nearly every day. Unfortunately, I have poor penmanship. With the increased use of smart phones, portable computers and tables, writing has become even more less frequent in my life. To make my "filled out" documents, like medical history forms or applications easier to deal with I use Foxit Reader's commenting features. I love the signature option for signing secure PDFs that won't let you e-sign. Keep up the great work Foxit!

Avantages: Great feature set, ability to fill PDF forms and "Type" onto non-pdf forms. The ability to markup forms with text boxes, arrows and shapes. Ability to apply signatures to documents.

Inconvénients: There is a bug with the save feature which causes the mouse to shoot to the bottom of the screen. The "default" saving location is "Foxit Cloud".

• Publié le 27/07/2020
Ummar H.
Hosting Manager
Télécommunications, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 20/01/2020

"Lightweight PDF Reader"

Commentaires: Marking lines and highlighting paragraphs are simple and consistent with every new version.

Avantages: It's lightweight having an interactive user interface design.

Inconvénients: I haven't experienced anything downside of this pdf reader but somehow it crashes on win 7.

• Publié le 20/01/2020
Alec P.
Design Engineer
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 10 000+ employés
  • Publié le 22/09/2020

"Foxit Reader is a Great Free alternative for reading PDFs"

Commentaires: I have truly enjoyed Foxit Reader as an alternative PDF reader program which I use to quickly open PDFs on my computer. It does what I need in that it is quick and simple, and it is free, which allows me to install it on my many different computers. I am glad that Foxit has provided this great free program!

Avantages: I like that Foxit Reader is free and is simple and easy to use. I started using Foxit Reader because other PDF reader programs I was using formerly were too slow and sluggish, and this was a lightweight alternative. I like that it is simple and does what I need simply and effectively -- it shows PDFs!

Inconvénients: There are a few user interface design choices which I don't like very much. They use banner advertisements and other bright labels to advertise other Foxit products and upgrades to Foxit Reader. This detracts from what is otherwise a perfect, simple little program.

• Publié le 22/09/2020
Adrian K.
Services et technologies de l'information, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 26/08/2020

"A good choice of pdf reader"

Commentaires: It does the job. I think it uses fewer resources than Adobe, it certainly seems to load faster, but then the decision point was some years ago and that may by now be different. As I said I literally use it as a pdf reader so if you were going to use something to design or edit pdfs then some other research would be required. But for a reader its' great

Avantages: I really only use this software for reading pdfs (I edit oin other software) and it soldiers away opening anything I throw at it without complaint!

Inconvénients: Splash screens sometimes get in the way of what you're doing

• Publié le 26/08/2020
John A.
Systems Adminstrator
Vente au détail, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 30/06/2020

"best PDF reader"

Commentaires: I replaced Adobe Reader on my computer and those of friends and employees. It always works and never crashes.

Avantages: This does everything that a pdf reader should without the bloat of other products. It is super simple to install and use.

Inconvénients: I have used this for many years and have not experienced a single con. I simply don't have problems with it.

• Publié le 30/06/2020
Employee
Administration publique, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 08/07/2020

"A better .pdf reader than adobe (and it is free)"

Commentaires: We deal with lots of .pdfs all the time. Foxit makes using them more intuitive and flexible.

Avantages: I like that it is free, that it has OCR capabilities and is free, and that it allows easy editing and markup of .pdfs (and did I mention it is free?)

Inconvénients: I wish that it worked a little nicer with adobe and I wish that it did not take over .pdfs once you downloaded it (also, I once downloaded it on a work computer and for some reason it sucked up enough bandwidth that there was an issue and they tracked it back to me. Not cool, foxit). But I will say that it makes using .pdfs much easier and thus it is big help.

• Publié le 08/07/2020
Khan md mohaiuminul islam S.
Site engineer
Génie civil, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 18/10/2020

"The easiest way to complete my documentation works."

Commentaires: For the last several years, I am using several different pdf readers. I find Foxit readers is the easiest way to operate than others. It takes less time than other relevant software. I don't have to wait to open a file. What I need to finish my work, I can do that with Foxit reader. Break a PDF file, edit it, and then merge it with my other files is more comfortable with this software because it's quick and easy for me to understand what I need to do. I forget to mention that it's a lite and low ram consuming software than other similar software, which means I can use it on my low-end pc also.

Avantages: The interface is too easy for me to operate. The main reason for choosing this software is its take no time (so less, I mean) to open any pdf files than others; I don't have to wait for this. I am using text editor tools with ease. It also has a great feature of exporting pdf; when I need a specific page as pdf from a big pdf file, I can easily do that quickly and edit it with ease.

Inconvénients: While I was using windows 7, after some heavy use, sometimes it crashes. It's a bit annoying for me sometimes I get some ads when I am working.

• Publié le 18/10/2020
Nikhil I.
Head of Operations, IT
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 07/01/2020

"One of the Best Softwares for PDF reading and Editing"

Commentaires: Till date, the experience has been good. The software is fast, easy to use, occupies lower storage space, and consumes lower RAM, which is a blessing in disguise.

Avantages: Size, As compared to Competition, Foxit is comparatively Lighter in size. Other softwares were larger in size, which lead to occupying larger RAM space and disk space, making it difficult to run on systems with lower configuration. Me as an IT head, i can't advise the management to go for a mass hardware upgrade abruptly, otherwise i would be out of Job. Hence, using Foxit has been easier as it runs easily and smoothly on systems with lower configuration as well.

Inconvénients: Sometimes, when using forms where we have to apply digital signatures, the software has glitches. Otherwise, i am very happy with the software

• Publié le 07/01/2020
Laura T.
Medical Coder
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 501-1 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 06/01/2020

"Foxit Reader Review"

Commentaires: I had thought that Adobe had the market monopolized for the PDF reading software industry, but now that I know about Foxit Reader from work I want to use it both at work and at home, because I really enjoy the comprehensive search options and find Foxit Reader to be a more efficient and reliable program.

Avantages: I use Foxit Reader daily as it is the PDF reader we use at work, and it has quickly replaced Adobe Acrobat Reader as the only PDF reader I want to use. I am in love with the features! I love how I can search with ease, and by clicking on a chapter in the table of contents Foxit Reader instantly takes me to that place in my document. A good portion of my job is research, and being able to navigate through documents fast and efficiently is a huge time-saver, which for me is a life-saver!

Inconvénients: At first I was reluctant to switch to Foxit Reader from Adobe Acrobat which I knew so well, so using Foxit Reader for the first time was like learning a foreign language, and there was no quick start tutorial which may have been helpful. Now that I know where all the features are I find the program easy to use and well worth learning.

• Publié le 06/01/2020
Shoaib S.
People & Culture Officer
Services financiers, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 21/06/2019

"A great PDF reader"

Commentaires: Foxit is our default goto pdf reader. We use proof reading and making suggestions with the comment features using the "Call Out" feature. It also saves us the trouble of having to print papers just to have them stamped and signed.

Avantages: You can convert any document file whether its in word format or excel or powerpoint straight to pdf by right clicking and choosing convert to FoxitPDF. It just a wonderful feature.
Also adding notes, comments, using pen to draw if you have touch screen laptop makes editing pdf alot easier.
BEST feature is having the ability to sign documents and save multiple signatures, stamps etc. This feature alone has saved us time and money.

Inconvénients: When you open multiple pdfs, it opens in a separate TAB, like how it does in internet explorers. Its very annoying if you want to compare or have 2 pdfs side by side.

• Publié le 21/06/2019
Deba O.
IT Support executive
Pétrole et énergies, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 27/03/2019

"Plenteous functionalities crammed in a small package"

Commentaires: I use Foxit reader for personal and official purposes and prefer it as my default Portable document files (pdf) viewer because the installation is quick and the software usage is painless, straightforward and lightweight while being very fast.

Avantages: I have been using Foxit reader for a really long time and must admit that it has managed to evolve without actually ditching it lightweight features and clean user interface it has been known for. Most people tend to believe that pdf files are usually always clean (virus free). This is not true. The makers of Foxit reader realizes this and added some security-related features, such as Safe Reading Mode to ensure that suspicious script will not be triggered when you launch your pdf files as well as add/Verify Digital Signature, Sign PDF Documents, Disable JavaScript. These security features have saved me a number of times and are my favourite features in it. I like that I can Install extension for Foxit Reader PDF Printer and use it to delete pages I don’t want during print. Foxit reader can be easily used to create and fill pdf forms and even used to merge pdf files (I actually use this function a lot). It effortlessly handles workings with all pdf files for your peace of mind. They even have the portable version you can install on a pen drive and use everywhere your pen drive is inserted. Unlike most other free readers, it allows you to create PDFs and participate in a shared review with your workgroup.

Inconvénients: Foxit reader cannot be used for PDFs that contain Flash animations or 3D CAD drawings and It also lacks OCR capability which I consider a really big constraint. Additionally, when installing Foxit reader software for the first time or during an upgrade, you will do well to read the installation process carefully before clicking next to avoid installing unwanted items which can change your system settings and install unnecessary toolbars in your browsers and desktop.

• Publié le 27/03/2019
Vernessa T.
Freelance Writer
Services et technologies de l'information, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 18/08/2018

"Foxit PDF Reader goes above and beyond the call of duty (and will even "read" your PDF to you)"

Commentaires: Foxit Reader goes above and beyond the call of duty, giving me a set of tools for working with PDF documents not found outside of web-based premium add-ons or in more expensive software. (Most PDF readers don't allow you to create files, only read them, unless you use a premium, cloud-based version.) It renders pages quickly, even large documents. From combining documents to adding attachments to incorporating thoughtful security measurements, Foxit Reader does a good job. Since I've been using it, it has only crashed once (I'm not sure why). There are a few gotchas but I'm hoping the creators will pay attention to those and keep improving Foxit Reader. I recommend it to friends and clients alike.

Avantages: This review is about the standalone version of Foxit Reader for Windows PC. My favorite feature is ability to create a PDF from most types of files (docs, spreadsheets, text, graphics), and from scanner or from text copied to the clipboard. And Foxit Reader includes my all-time favorite: a tabbed interface so you can open more than one PDF at a time. Really useful is being able to add attachments to a PDF file, and a way to manage any attachments whether they arrived with the document sent to you or you are creating a new document and want to attach files. To top it off, if you add folder, it includes all the documents in the folder, saving you some precious time. The commenting system takes commenting a bit further. Using the "typewriter" feature, you can add a single or multiple lines of text anywhere in the document (wherever there is some white space.) Once you turn the typewriter feature on, you have to remember to toggle it back off or you'll inadvertently have "lines" of text in weird places every time you click the mouse. Security is baked in, including a feature that allows you to turn off all features in the software that require an internet connection. Being a consultant often working with time-sensitive deliverables, I appreciate the variety of protection schemes especially digitally signing with DocuSign and time stamps.

Inconvénients: The User Manual is online so when working offline the manual is not available. Ditto with the help system -- no help if you're not connected to the internet. Since it is in PDF format (albeit online), why not include it with the software for offline use? I like this feature but it could stand some finessing: Foxit Reader incorporates a "read PDF" feature where the PDF you're viewing can be read to you. Unfortunately, the voice is rather robotic and the inflections don't quite cut it, but it's still a neat feature to have in a pdf reader. Too bad it's a Windows-only program. I'm also a Linux user so I'm always looking out for programs that are cross-platform or can run on multiple operating systems.

• Publié le 18/08/2018
Osayi jude O.
Assistant Manager
Assurance, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 15/05/2019

"Light but efficient and fast"

Commentaires: I prefer foxit reader for use with my pdf files because it is fast and hardly make my pc slow down. The level of control is just perfect for me even if the search function is supposed to be a deal breaker but I am willing to bear that “little setback” just to keep enjoying the software.

Avantages: I was using another pdf software to view pdf files which always caused my pc to hang until a colleague recommended foxit reader to me. It has worked flawlessly for me. Foxit reader is the only reader I know how to use to delete unwanted pages in the middle of my pdf documents. This is a very useful function for me. Foxit reader load very fast and open Files quickly.
I particularly like using the Safe Reading Mode to open doubtful files downloaded from the internet so that my pc will not be affected by viruses if embedded in them. I also use it to Sign and fill PDF Documents.
The updates are not as regularly as the other software I was using but you get the feeling they only release updates if they really have to and the effects are usually noticeable. For a non-techy person like me, I like that the interface functions are not plenteous and is very easy to use.

Inconvénients: In the course of my duties, I do a lot of search within the files I work with and must say foxit reader search function is unreliable. I have learnt to do it using other means like the windows search function.
I do not know if it is my pc but I have problems when opening files larger than 60mb on foxit reader.
I sometimes get pop up to install other software within foxit reader interface especially when I am connected to the internet. I can understand this because I use the free version but it can sometimes be a nuisance when it appears frequently thereby unsettling you.

• Publié le 15/05/2019
Marisa P.
Paralegal
Services juridiques, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 29/07/2019

"Easy to use!"

Commentaires: A pleasant experience 3+ years in! I was using Nuance Power and it was super confusing.

Avantages: I currently have Foxit Phantom PDF, however, I had originally started using the free version years and years ago! It has been such a life changer! I work within this PDF editor daily, I honestly don't know what I'd do without it. I remember a time when I didn't have this in my life and I just don't know how I was able to go about my daily activities without it. Anyone who works in the Legal Industry or just office industry in general can benefit from this software! The price for this is paid back within no time. It has helped to maintain my efficiency!

Inconvénients: Nothing that I can think of! I really enjoy using Foxit and it has been everything I could have asked for and more.

• Publié le 29/07/2019
IT manager
Services et technologies de l'information, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 24/07/2020

"Easy and affordable PDF solution"

Avantages: The reader is a free and more secure alternative to Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Is very easy to deploy .
Foxit CO. sells also Phantom PDF that offers Acrobat PRO like features at lower price
Both can be used and licensed on remote desktop services

Inconvénients: The support to the PDF/A format could be improved,

• Publié le 24/07/2020
Gabriel junqueira S.
Marketing and sales director
Construction, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 26/08/2019

"So much more than just a free PDF reader"

Commentaires: I create pdf files everyday. So before sending them out to my clients, I also must check all those files. Foxit allows me to deal with multiple files at once easily, and also allows for 'on the fly' corrections and digital signing. Because of that, Foxit got incorporated into my workflow now, and it makes me more productive.

Avantages: It goes far beyond what you would expect from a free PDF reader. Starting from the interface, which looks nice and yet efficiently organizes a lot of options and tools in a familiar, instinctive way. Anyone who is familiar with the most popular office software suit out there will breeze through Foxit's functionalities.
I also love the way it handles multiple files, with tabs for each opened file. It reminds me of how most graphic design apps deal with that, so this feels very natural given my background in graphics design.
Another great functionality, and here is were Foxit jumps ahead, is the "Create PDF" menu. With one click it can create a new PDF from a file, from a scan or a blank page. Along with the built-in PDF editor, this makes for a blunt and powerful tool that makes those quick and dirty jobs a walk in the park.

Inconvénients: The free version show a few ads for the company's other products (paid and free), which is to be expected. However, it does not get to be annoying. Sometimes it can actually be useful because it may lead you to one of their free online services that just happen to be what you need, such as their free file conversion tools.

Muhammad rizki O.
Research Assistant
Recherche, 10 000+ employés
  • Publié le 12/12/2019

"The most affordable (even free) PDF reader"

Commentaires: I use Foxit Reader everyday, installed in all my personal computer devices. I use Foxit to open any PDF documents, fill forms and sign secured documents.

Avantages: I really like the fact that Foxit reader provided most features like the other expensive PDF reader in its free version. There is a pro version of this PDF reader, but I found that the free version is very sufficient for most basic functionality of a PDF reader. Foxit reader is also fast and not memory-consuming.

Inconvénients: I don't have the luxury to complain for using the free software. Since my basic needs to use PDF reader are fulfilled, then this software is really good for its price.

• Publié le 12/12/2019
Maria M.
Legal Assistant
Services juridiques, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 29/08/2019

"Typing PDF"

Commentaires: Exceptional experience given the typewriter button function, granted, I'm not walking around the office as much and getting my exercise, but I am getting MORE done.

Avantages: The typewriter feature is used constantly! Gone are the days of printing a PDF, taking it to the mechanical typewriter and inserting additional language that does not "fit" the PDF layout. Also, being able to see (as a different color) the items inserted is helpful.

Inconvénients: Multiple tabs when opening multiple documents. Would work better for me if they opened in their own windows or if I had an option to choose new window versus additional tab (so I can alt-tab to each when working on multiple documents).

• Publié le 29/08/2019
David G.
IT Project Manager
Gestion des investissements, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 30/04/2019

"Small Footprint but full featured"

Commentaires: I've been using Foxit for about a decade now, and it continues to perform and deliver in most aspects and features you'd expect from a PDF tool.

Avantages: First of all, Foxit Reader has a very small footprint. Sure there are some with smaller installer or installation size, but compared to Acrobat, this is pretty small and feels lightweight for almost the same features. The ribbon is a welcome feature pretty similar to Microsoft Office. It has a very clean interface and the Icons, menus, and functions are easy to find and navigate. I use PDFs a lot since MS Office/LibreOffice formats when interchanged the formatting gets messed up, and so I use PDF and Foxit to create and edit it. Filling out forms is easy, and not problematic in terms of having to put in smack within the target text area. I also use Foxit for merging different PDFs together, mostly coming from scanning, to PDFs, and merge. Reading with Foxit is also great, full-screen, and adaptive to the monitor setup I have. Knowing the keyboard shortcut also helps a lot. And lastly, Foxit is now available for Windows, Mac and Linux which means I can use it wherever I go since I use different OS'es when I move around.

Inconvénients: A little bit subtle, but if you're not careful you might end up installing additional software (other then Foxit Reader) during the initial installation. There's this small checkbox you have to watch out for. Other than that, free of paid, Foxit is great!

• Publié le 30/04/2019
Meliksah T.
Engineer
Électronique grand public, 5 001-10 000 employés
  • Publié le 28/07/2019

"Flexible and efficient PDF Reader"

Commentaires: My overall experience with Foxit is just fine. I remember Foxit as a good old chap that I use since my time in college. Back then it helped me with lecture studies, now it helps me in business life with my academic paper publication releases and documents.

Avantages: I like the flexibility Foxit provides when I study a PDF document. Ability to take notes, highlight, draw, etc. Not to mention it's free to use which makes it perfect for students. I used Foxit back then to study my lecture notes, now I use it to read brand-new academic paper publications and take notes. It marks where you left at the document and when you re-open the document, it automatically starts from there. Its simplicity is its beauty. Not to mention that it is a very efficient software which does not leech the system.

Inconvénients: There's nothing I disliked during my readings, however if I have to name one, it could have a nicer UI perhaps with a cozier theme to simulate the cozy reading experience.

• Publié le 28/07/2019
Student
Réseaux informatiques, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 11/10/2019

"Read it meaningfully with Foxit Reader"

Commentaires: As an Undergraduate, reading pdf is a daily task for me to fulfill my knowledge basis work. Therefore by using this my work is very easy because the functions like highlighting, adding notes make my work very efficient and easy. Therefore memorizing the content become much easier, on the other hand the interface is very updated with a lot of functions where I can even put stamps to where very important sections are, Therefore when I looked back again it is so easy to find those relevant sections.

Avantages: The most liked thing is the lightweight in capacity usage and the interface which includes a lot of functions. And also I can protect my documents by using a password in Foxit reader. The speed of loading files and moving with the pages are very efficient and this is very fast in working itself.

Inconvénients: Actually I have not much to dislike about but sometimes when highlighting the content it misbehaves and does not highlight the relevant part that I want to highlight. So I have to try it a few times to take the perfect outcome but it is not a big deal anyhow if it is resolvable it will be great.

• Publié le 11/10/2019