Life Saver

Stephanie D.
Holistic Health and Wellness Coach
Santé, bien-être et fitness, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Due to the ease of ConvertKit I email way more. I am not getting fancy yet with sequences, but in a matter of using it only for 2 weeks, the way the software is set up, I am begging to formulate big picture sequences, strategize campaigns and IN TRUTH, I was never able to look at my health coaching service and online webinars like this because my background is education. As a educator we don't think like this because our students just come to us, the stress of "getting clients" was so large and overwhelming until I found something like convert kit to make me BE more present and visible online. I AM SO GRATEFUL!

Avantages: As a person with little to no tech background, truth, I was quite intimidated by this software. HOWEVER, what I love about it, is its dedication to quick videos that give you instant feedback and education to navigate and understand what you are doing. There are tutorials everywhere, in truth you never feel lost or alone or not supported. It is more about (as a new entrepreneur) it is more abut catching up with the scope of what you want to do with it. I initially used it to organize and gather emails and do live broadcast, but together with Leadpages these two have been my go to towards launching my first webinar only using emails in my direct network and slotting 8 out of 10 seats for my webinar. I really was lost in terms of how to manage all these emails and in truth they manage themselves. I What I love the most is how it auto tags/sorts the emails so I can see who responds to what funnel and make me a better and more strategic entrepreneur.

Inconvénients: Nothing yet, I am more impatient with myself because I wish I could understand its full scope fast.

Great Option for the Solopreneur

Publié le 19/04/2019
Home Inspector
Immobilier, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I use this service for a relatively small email list I just started, and it works really well for the price. I use the optin forms and email sequences to gain more email subscribers on a regular basis. I also love that I can create really simple and easy to design automation flows between opt-ins and my general email newsletter. This is something I use on a daily basis.

Avantages: I recently switched over to ConvertKit from another service after reading positive reviews. I like their format for sending emails to subscribers so much more than any other platform I've used. The emails are really modern looking and simple, so they're appealing to my audience when I send them. I also like that I can simply reuse my last email and make changes to just the content. It makes sending a weekly email really simple. Another huge benefit to me is that I can segment my subscribers into different groups that allows me to send targeted emails in a more efficient fashion. I also track users who have purchased a product so I don't send them emails about the product they've bought. This software is an all in one, which I really like. Meaning, I am able to create an optin form, email sequence and product download all in one with this software. I love that it keeps everything really organized in this fashion.

Inconvénients: Some of the ways to organize subscribers are a little confusing to a newbie. You can sort them into segments as well as mark users with tags. I wish it were more clear what each one did at first glance. I also wish there were more options to design the optin forms. They are pretty basic and there isn't a lot of room for creativity, but they are still functional.

Powerful email marketing

Publié le 04/12/2019
Internet, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, ConvertKit is a great option for bloggers or small business owners who want to make the most of their email marketing efforts. I've used several providers over the years and ConvertKit is currently my top choice.

Avantages: The automation features that involve tagging subscribers and setting up sequences allow for a lot of potential. There are many ways to deliver highly-targeted emails to your subscribers with ConvertKit.

Inconvénients: The starting price of $29 per month is higher than most competitors. As your email list gets bigger and you move into higher-priced plans, ConvertKit's pricing is more on par with competitors, but the starting price is definitely high compared to some of the other options.

Best Email Marketing Automation for Small Business

Publié le 19/11/2019
Kate M.
Digital Consultant
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I've saved a lot of time just in making any edits to my nurturing sequences because it's easier to find them.

Avantages: You can view your automations visually, so this functionality makes it much easier than competitors such as MailChimp because you can easily set up, view, and come back to your automations.

Inconvénients: The 'done for you' merge from your old email marketing system to your new one isn't as easy as they make it seem. I've been working with email automation tools for years, and I was tripped up because the import take different lists and combines them into one. It's much easier to export your lists and tags, and upload each separately.

Very underwhelming

Publié le 27/09/2019
Karan K.
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Good clean interface. Has bit of everything.

Inconvénients: We bought this software after reading the capterra reviews here, however we find it very limited in customisation so it's mainly take it or leave type of features. We could not block freemailers from subscribing, or use custom css for the same purpose. In general, it is not a tool to use if you care about following brand identity of your own The set-up process is tedious with Wordpress websites. We were not happy so we cancelled, so instead of letting the current paid period last the software deactivated the account immediately and blocked us out of the software. We could not export our subscribers nor our content.

My go-to for email list management and content marketing

Publié le 18/12/2019
Alexa R.
Conversion Copywriter
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I refer all of my clients to ConvertKit if I can get to them before they are locked into mailchimp. It's a bit spendier for small lists, but the functionality is SO worth it. The tags, sequences etc allow even rookie marketers to set up smart funnels & sequences. I love this product.

Avantages: So user-friendly and agile. It's powerful without being hard to use. I try to get all my clients on ConvertKit if they can afford to. The automations, tags, and sequences allow you to be so agile with your email marketing and retarget and build smart marketing funnels with very little effort. It is made for content marketers. I adore this platform.

Inconvénients: A little bit expensive for smaller lists, hard to compete with free services for small companies. Learning to build sequences and automations takes a little bit of time.

Easily my preferred email management software (if it was cheaper)

Publié le 10/01/2020
Copywriter
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I LOVE the visual automations. It makes it far easier to set up and explain how they work to clients.
The sequences are so easy to update and I love how all the emails are viewable on the same page.

Inconvénients: Having to code email templates.
I recently switched to a cheaper provider because, as I'm not earning much from my blog right now, I couldn't justify paying $39US per month.

A service that can grow with my business

Publié le 27/07/2019
Judyann L.
Médias en ligne, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: ConvertKit has excellent support and guidance. It is interesting to receive regular emails from them with suggestions, recommendations and guidance for building my email business successfully. There are workshops for the same purposes. There is a two week trial. People wanting to test the program should be prepared with a plan and some content before signing up. It is amazing how fast two weeks can go. I did a two week trial, but didn't sign up right away. The second go-round, I was committed and followed through. I felt there were more features available to me after commitment even though I had two weeks for trial again. My feeling after the first trial was not really enthusiastic

Avantages: ConvertKit came highly recommended from people whom I respect, including the people at Copyblogger. The forms are simple, but attractive.

Inconvénients: There is a small learning curve that feels a lot longer!

My favorite email software

Publié le 13/07/2019
Candace C.
Health Coach
Santé, bien-être et fitness, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I use Convertkit to create forms to capture emails, email my list, and automate sequences in my business. I love that convertkit integrates with so many other tools for my business, such as leadpages and acuity.

Avantages: Convertkit is so powerful that I am still learning its capabilities three years later. I can easily manage and grow my email list, and segmenting my audience makes it easier to send the right emails to the right people.

Inconvénients: There can be a steep learning curve. However, help is somewhat useful.

Love it

Publié le 18/10/2019
Author
Divertissement, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: An affordable full-feature email hosting company with super-responsive customer service.

Avantages: Great deliverability, great customer service, has all the features I want.

Inconvénients: The automation rules section is a bit clunky, but there have been steady improvements.

Convertkit is my email service provider. Here's why...

Publié le 08/02/2019
Mia B.
Médias en ligne, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Like most brand new online entrepreneurs I started off with Mailchimp which is free. As I grew my list and my marketing techniques I needed something more robust with more options to segment out my list (not really done with the free platforms). I now have so many sequences and segments that are completely automated and my list has been actively growing. ConvertKit is "customer-based" instead of "list-based" meaning that I can send emails out to specific people who have taken specific actions rather than emailing an entire list of people reglardless of their actions and losing subscribers by sending irrelevant emails to the wrong people. Each subscriber is tagged based on a link they clicked, a form they subscribed through (freebie), a purchase they made from me, and SO much more. I even have tags set up when I'm running a webinar to see who watched the whole thing, who didn't show up at all, and who watched the replay. There are just so many options.

Inconvénients: This is not an intuitive software initially- especially if you're coming from a list-based provider like Mailchimp. There will be mistakes and there will be a learning curve. But that comes along with running a business. Luckily, the chat and email customer service is generally pretty active and helpful. I've used them a lot.

ConvertKit had helped me greatly to streamline and simplify my email marketing processes.

Publié le 01/07/2018
Brian K.
Online marketer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Time saver and great use of use.

Avantages: Ease of use and easy UI/UX experience in using the software. The user interfaces are way better than other email marketing software on the market. It has enough basic features and a few powerful features such as tagging certain opt-in groups of users for niche marketing purposes, which I find it very useful. There are less clutter when it comes to feature layout on the interfaces, so one can focus better on using key or common key features. A nifty feature which I liked most is the Visual Automations, that Convertkit had come up with. It's a graphical way to set automation. It uses three types of items: Actions, Events, and Conditions. It's all visual and one can easily define these items. Moreover, ConvertKit has just introduced new features into its software such as enabling one to create custom consent checkboxes, find your EU subscribers and get consent from existing subscribers. Also, four new legal forms and support processes were introduced as tools to help one get one's own business compliant with GDPR.

Inconvénients: Personally, I would like more visual stuff or graphical interfaces that I can interact with such as drag and drop functions. At this point of this review, ConvertKit had plans to revamp the software to become more powerful and there is a new branding makeover for ConvertKit. For the monthly price for the 1st 1000 subscribers for new customers, I do find the price is expensive. But one has the option to go for yearly subscription in order to get bulk discounts in the long run. Thus, one has to consider different pricing options that ConvertKit offers before committing to a paid account. One can try out a free one month trial via its free webinars though.

ConvertKit = Powerful Features I Need + Simplicity I Love.

Publié le 17/01/2019
Chief Marketing Officer
Biens de consommation, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Many bloggers are overwhelmed by the technical aspects of setting up a successful email newsletter strategy. Yup, there are a variety of email platforms out there and I have managed large lists on many of them. For my Email on Autopilot system, I strongly recommend ConvertKit. I can tell you from a lot of firsthand experience that “putting your email on autopilot” is WAY easier with ConvertKit than anything else I’ve tried. ConvertKit was specifically built with bloggers and small businesses in mind, unlike other platforms that either don’t have the right tools or complicate things waaaayyy too much. I recommend ConvertKit because it has the perfect combination of the powerful features that I need and the simplicity-of-use that I love.

Inconvénients: I wish I had a little more flexibility in creating RSS-driven emails.

Love love love!!

Publié le 19/12/2018
Sanna S.
Founding Partner
Cabinet d'avocats, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Super easy to use!

Avantages: I've been using Convertkit for a few years now and just couldn't be happier!! The software is highly flexible to automate my email delivery to a level that makes my new client intake so easy and effortless. Readers still believe I am writing to them personally... ;-) Some think it's spooky how "I just read their minds"... heh...

Inconvénients: The only thing that could be improved but which would be nice to fix is that if I title the email Dear "subscriber", the email itself shows the subscriber's first name but the preview option of the email shows <subscriber's first name>... Kind a looses credibility in these cases. But I came round this problem by not addressing readers by their first name...

Perfect email marketing tool for beginners

Publié le 25/10/2018
Sabih J.
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: ConvertKit is perfect for small businesses, bloggers, and affiliate marketers. You can do pretty much anything with ConvertKit in terms of email automation, list building, and more. If you can afford it, go for it.

Avantages: I used ConvertKit for less than a year and the experience had been awesome. I switched to ConvertKit from MailChimp. Though ConvertKit isn't as feature-rich as MailChimp but it is a perfect email automation software for anyone who is looking to take control of the email marketing. There are quite a few things that I liked about ConvertKit. 1. Extremely easy-to-use. Compared to other email marketing tools that I have used, ConvertKit is one of the easiest to use.
2. If you haven't worked with email, autoresponders, campaigns, rules, etc. ConvertKit is your best bet because it offers you with every feature that you need as a beginner.
3. You can integrate ConvertKit with several third-party tools which is great.
4. It offers you with smart ways to monetize your list.

Inconvénients: Here are a few things that ConvertKit lacks. 1. It is expensive as compared to most of the other marketing tools in the market.
2. Their form needs more work. It is too basic with limited features.
3. Lack of landing page builder is another downside. You will need a separate landing page builder tool that will cost you money.

Decent Email Subscription Manager, But Not Right for Everyone

Publié le 02/01/2019
Allison B.
Content Marketing Consultant
Rédaction et correction, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: ConvertKit is easy to use, and I appreciate the fast customer service response. Ultimately, however, most people would be better off using a cheaper, more minimalistic tool or a more expensive all-in-one CRM/email tool. ConvertKit is great for a very select audience, who find themselves in the middle.

Avantages: ConvertKit has a lot of functionality for the price tag in terms of automation. It is kind of a step between free, minimalist tools like MailChimp and really robust tools like Ontraport.

Inconvénients: I struggle with the pricing. Simply put, most people who want to automate their email campaigns will likely get more value from a tool like Ontraport or Infusionsoft, which also integrate with payment systems and have more CRM functionality. Other smaller businesses and bloggers are typically better served by less expensive tools such as Mailchimp, which don't have all the bells and whistles of ConvertKit, but which get the job done. So, although I do think it is a good value for the price... I'm not sure who actually NEEDS this mid-point tool.

Liked it from the start, pricing could be restructured

Publié le 02/10/2018
Business Owner
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I moved to ConverKit from aWeber and I also tested a few others. ConverKit wins, mostly because of good user experience solutions.

Avantages: Convertkit is easy to use and has the features other autoresponders lacked or failed to implement them properly. You can tag subscribers here and send emails based on different conditions which will automatically apply. The other great benefit is that you don't pay for subscribers/emails that stopped opening emails and basically are "ghosts", and you don't pay for those that are unsubscribed but remained in database. Third good thing is that they are constantly working on implementing small new things or improving the tool by adding features, while competition does not change much in their solutions.

Inconvénients: I would like the pricing to be structured differently. Just a 10% lower would make big difference when comparing to competition. Then it would be 'more for the same price'. They offer discounted yearly subscription so that's something. If your list doesn't earn you much it won't pay for costly membership.

Great features at a great price

Publié le 05/06/2018
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Convertkit compiles all my email addresses for various interests. I don't know how I'd do this without an email service provider software. It helps me organize my email lists so I don't email out information to the wrong people/list.

Avantages: Pricing is key with email service providers. I like how convertkit charges based on the number of subscribers you have. Also, they have the ability to get very granular and automated with your marketing campaigns using tags, forms, sequences, and automation.

Inconvénients: Most email service provider software takes a while to learn. Learning how use convertkit took me longer than I'd like to admit, and I'm still learning how I can use it for my needs. They have training and there are consultants available, I just wish it would be a little easier to learn.

Always recommending this to my clients!

Publié le 21/12/2018
Louise B.
Social Media Consultant & Trainer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I always recommend Convertkit to members of my community, so its a positive experience from me.

Avantages: This is such great software for emailmarketing - I can create email sequences, challenges, tag my sign-ups on different categories, see who has opened my emails and so much more.

Inconvénients: Very little! I think the landing pages feature could do with some improvement.

Simple Yet Powerful EMail Marketing Software

Publié le 25/08/2018
Rohit L.
Marketing Manager
Informatique et sécurité réseau, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I have used Mailchimp, Aweber and Sendy before moving to Convertkit. The deliverability is most awesome thing about Convertkit. Having an option to setup custom domain (for sending) which they do on your behalf makes it standout. For a marketer, deliverability is the most important thing and they offer it. Customer Support is superb. I had few issues while on-boarding like importing and setting up which they resolved quickly. Feature-wise they recently implemented workflows and other fancy features but I was and I am happy with their offerings. Straightforward, simple and does what it says.

Inconvénients: It's quite expensive compared to any other similar services.
Nothing much. I do simple text based broadcast, auto-respond on purchase and lead followups which do not require WYSISYG email editor. So, I am happy with it.

An exceptional email marketing platform!

Publié le 23/07/2019
Craig R.
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: In the short time I have been using converkit I have already seen growth in my mailing list. I have also found that the ease of creating automations has helped save me time!

Avantages: Convertkit has incredible customer service, a unique easy to understand interface (the visual builder) and is very good value for money!

Inconvénients: During my short time or using the product I have yet to find a negative element.

Great overall ESP

Publié le 22/01/2019
Jacob W.
Creator/ Owner
Presse écrite, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Very good overall - i am very happy with Convertkit took away 1 point for difficulty using the program (as i noted above) but otherwise its excellent

Avantages: The delieverability is excellent - i have used many ESPs and I would say Convertkit has best open and click rates even better than Mailchimp which costs about twice as much

Inconvénients: This is a hard to use platform, many features which other ESPs include as basic options, Convertkit does not include. A developer told me that Convertkit cuts down to ensure better deliverability, but I do not know IT stuff. Just be prepared to hire a developer to help you setup the basics and if you do that Converkit is a great ESP to use.

A Quality Mailing List Service Offering

Publié le 31/08/2019
Warren S.
Web Developer, Internet Marketer, and SEO Consultant
Internet, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Essai gratuit
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have a client who moved through several mailing lists platforms before landing with ConvertKit and she's stuck with them ever since. We use the platform for blog subscriptions, online courses, and other special email series. It works well, it's easy to navigate, and easy to implement on web pages. It also integrates with many other online services (we recently connected it to Teachable).

Avantages: I like how ConvertKit separates the different functions of the platform - Subscribers, Automations, Landing Pages/Forms, Sequences, Broadcasts. This makes it easier to create these pieces independent of each other and connect them with the processes you need them for. The interface is clean and visual. I like the way the email sequences work.

Inconvénients: I don't like how ConvertKit handles subscribers. The platform provides plenty of data on what the subscribers has been exposed to within your processes, but not a lot of data about the subscriber herself. It would be nice to be able to edit or delete subscriber activities without having to delete the subscriber's profile.

A powerful email marketing service provider with affordable pricing options

Publié le 21/06/2018
Thanh t N.
Senior Accountant - Full Cycle Accounting
Philanthropie, 201-500 employés
Source : GetApp
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Simple and powerful automation and multiple forms per list.
Easily delivers multiple opt-in incentives. This is a big step forward compared with MailChimp's feature.
Automatically process duplicate subscribers.

Inconvénients: ConvertKit does not have a free plan like MailChimp does.
Limited design and landing page system.

Best Marketing Software after testing many others

Publié le 23/10/2018
Jeff S.
Flight Instructor
Compagnies aériennes/Aéronautique, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It is clear what is going on, which is rare in email marketing software. The best part is the email sequence page that allows you to edit all of the emails from the same spot without having to load and click around to view other emails.

Inconvénients: One time it deleted an email I wrote. This happened because I had the same page open in two windows and I deleted an email, but it chose the wrong one to delete. Just work in one window and you will be fine.