Avis clients sur QuickBooks Payroll

par Intuit

• Service client

En savoir plus sur QuickBooks Payroll

Manages small business finances. Instant access to customer, vendor and employee information. Available in an online version.

En savoir plus sur QuickBooks Payroll

510 avis affichés

Melissa G.
Bookkeeper
  • Publié le 25/01/2019

"QBO Payroll is the easiest way to manage your small business payroll"

Commentaires: If you are already a QBO user and have a small to medium work force this is the your best bet. It works within your existing QBO file, so no need for double entry and tax filing is an easy to follow step-by-step process.

Avantages: No more double entry when you run payroll through your existing QBO file!

Inconvénients: This might not be the right solution for larger companies who have greater HR needs then just cutting a paycheck each pay period, though it is not difficult to set up employee deductions for things like health care, retirement plans, etc.

• Publié le 25/01/2019
Juan H.
Équipements publics, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 08/04/2020

"New to Quickbooks auto payroll"

Commentaires: I'm very new to Quickbooks Payroll but my experience thus far has been nothing short of great. I have been using other Quickbooks products for many years though and I'm very satisfied with Quickbooks as a whole.

Avantages: This software includes all the features I was looking for in one place and for a great price. My main concern as a business owner was ease of usage, accessibility and automation. This software met all these requirements and then some. The interface is very easy to navigate and user friendly and I can access everything whether I'm at home, office or on the go with their array of applications. Once everything is set up properly, there's no need to worry about it which is a huge time saver for me. I'm very busy as it is meeting clients, drafting proposals and doing the accounting, so anything I can automate reliably is of great help.

Inconvénients: The actual set up of the payroll was a lengthy process and required to have a lot of information on hand but I wouldn't really consider this too much of a con since I had one of their amazing specialists helping me with every single step of the process. She did almost of all the work for me if I'm being honest, I just inputted data as instructed. She was very thorough and thought of concerns I didn't even think about. Just make sure you have ample time to get through the whole set up calmly.

Steven F.
Conseil en gestion
  • Publié le 20/04/2016

"Service and support have taken a huge turn for the worse"

Avantages: Initially, before they took data away from the end user, I liked everything.

Inconvénients: The customer service has become deplorable as of this writing. Never used to be that way. I have been without my payroll data since 1/16, and after 16 separate phone calls, each running through the same steps over and over, the same results. Nothing. Keep being informed that the "engineering team" is on it, but still no resolutions. They promise to call you back later that day, no call. So, I call back the next morning, and have to go through the entire scenario yet again. At this point in time, I'm researching other payroll companies. Intuit keeps sending me emails reminding me about payroll being due, tax forms being due... and I can't access any of the information to file it. Today, 4/19/16, I was told that there was a big software problem, that I wasn't the only one experiencing it... but, it literally took them 16 separate phone calls from me, no return phone calls from them AT ALL, and me finally getting angry and raising cain before they divulged that information. Not at all happy with Intuit right now. Several years ago, they surveyed users as to how to best run payroll. I was very VERY happy with having the data remain with me, backed up with them, and me filing electronically with the information in my computer. They decided to have everything "secured" in their hands. I stated my concern that the potential arrises to having our information trapped if they have any software or hardware issues... "Oh, no sir!! That would never happen!!" .... and now, I have zero access to my accounts and information. And the only response I got today after raising hell, is, "You have to wait and be patient, sir." ... I would have to say be cautious when deciding to use Intuit right now.

• Publié le 20/04/2016
Paul B.
Accountant
Services financiers, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 26/03/2020

"Quickbooks Online Payroll"

Commentaires: The software continues to be very efficient and provides ease of use. However, the confidence I have in customer service is what makes me stick with this software and not look elsewhere for an alternative.

Avantages: Ease of implementation and constant guidance available from customer service to resolve any issue. Also the ability to access and run payroll from any device that can reach the internet provides so much productivity.

Inconvénients: The Elite payroll service seems so restrictive. I cannot access many of the settings or execute many of the functions that I could through the Core payroll service. To change these settings I need to go through customer service, which was very confusing and frustrating during the implementation of the payroll service.

• Publié le 26/03/2020
Ruben M.
  • Publié le 20/02/2020

"Customer Service"

Commentaires: Quickbooks Payroll has been easy to use. We just recently started using Quickbooks for payroll. If I would have known how easy it was, I would have switched along time ago. I do not like change much, so if it works why switch. Quickbooks has been working well for our business.

Avantages: The software is extremely user friendly. I love the simplicity of it. And When I have an issue chatting online instantly is amazing. Today I had an issue with our address since we moved our office and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was amazing. He was genuine in asking how my day was and very understanding and friendly. He took care of my issue and made sure it would not come up again.

Inconvénients: In the 5 years that we have been with quickbooks there is really nothing bad I can say about the software. It has been great for our business.

• Publié le 20/02/2020
Anne R.
Controller
Automobile, 13-50 employés

"#CJM"

Commentaires: It's very easy to use and support are easy to contact and are very helpful.

Avantages: We use Tsheets as well to integrate with QB payroll and i find the process to be very easy. Processing payroll as well as the cut off times are easy and excellent for our business.

Inconvénients: The reporting on payroll is not sufficient, for instance, being able to run customized reports has not been easy. It would also be great to be able to have a secondary payroll user that doesn't have access to all the accounting as well.

Kathy J.
Construction, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 28/01/2020

"QuickBooks review"

Commentaires: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was great; however, it took me over 30 minutes to get to him. Once I got to him, he was able to resolve my issue pretty quickly. He was very professional and knowledgeable.

Avantages: Entering and sending payroll is very easy, generally.

Inconvénients: It is difficult to access some information and not everything transferred over from our desktop version as it should have.

• Publié le 28/01/2020
Salvador E.
Événementiel, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 01/04/2020

"Simple solution to running payroll via mobile device"

Commentaires: My overall experience with both the software and support have been nothing but the best. I think the best feature of Quickbooks Payroll is the service you receive when talking with a solutions agent.

Avantages: I enjoy the use of the mobile app to easily review payroll and pay my employees in a timely manner. I also enjoy the functionality of time sheets compatibility to payroll.

Inconvénients: There is nothing. The call back with support is amazing and is withing a reasonable time period to reach back out when I needed the service.

• Publié le 01/04/2020
Barbara C.
Financial Assistant
Institutions religieuses, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Essai gratuit
  • Publié le 26/02/2020

"New to online payroll"

Avantages: It is too soon to tell. I'm just setting up payroll. I do like to videos and community chat for answers to questions

Inconvénients: It isn't quite intuitive, yet. I have to study each step. Once done, it's easier than the desktop version

• Publié le 26/02/2020
Sarah L.
Pétrole et énergies, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 14/02/2020

"QuickBooks Review"

Commentaires: Personally I like quickbooks for the most part. My biggest issue is when I do call customer service for something I always get a different answer to the same question. It seems like most of the customer service reps don't actually know so they tell you what they think is right. It has been so frustrating that if [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] hadn't helped me I would have seriously considered another avenue then keeping quickbooks. I spoke with 6 different people about a corrections case and every time I was given conflicting information to the same question. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was the only rep that has really known what he was talking about and took the time to call me the next day and resolve the issue while also providing with the email to verify he was correct. He did a great job and i truly appreciate him. The res of your reps I have spoken to since March really don't seem to know and when I mention that they are providing conflicting info they blame it on "oh well sorry that person was mistaken." That is not acceptable.

Avantages: The ability to run payroll efficiently, early and make edits before payday if need be. Also printing previous pay checks and payroll summary is very helpful

Inconvénients: some of the reports are more complicated than they need to be and the credit card sync is not fluid. it creates too many duplicates when there is a business credit account with multiple cards on the same credit account.

• Publié le 14/02/2020
Bookkeeper
  • Publié le 31/12/2019

"The best payroll software I'm aware of"

Commentaires: I use Quickbooks Payroll for multiple organizations to process all aspects of payroll. I have used it for employees in four different states. I've already mentioned how useful it is in automatically calculating and tracking everything. I also use it to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for government tax agencies. I especially appreciate the ability to e-file several tax reports and e-pay some taxes as well. Each year I prepare and file employees' w-2s using Quickbooks Payroll, which makes the process fairly simple.

Avantages: My favorite thing about Quickbooks payroll also happens to be the most important thing about it...it is accurate! The payroll tax rates and rules are always updated to maintain accuracy in a changing landscape. When processing payroll, everything is automatically calculated and tracked for accuracy - including annual salary, vacation and/or sick pay, holiday pay, withholding tax, and unemployment tax. I don't have to worry about manually calculating things, knowing when there are tax changes, or potentially making mistakes.

Inconvénients: I most dislike how expensive Quickbooks Payroll is. I only use the Enhanced Payroll subscription that integrates with existing Quickbooks desktop software or Quickbooks online subscription. That means I do all of actual work in processing payroll and payroll taxes, rather than using a more full-service option. I think the (ever increasing) several hundred dollars per year it costs to have the subscription is unreasonable. (In addition there's a separate fee for each direct deposit check.) However, the truth is, I rely so much on the functions of Quickbooks payroll that I continue utilizing it despite the cost complaints. I haven't come across anything better so I feel I have no choice.

• Publié le 31/12/2019
Vicki F.
Practice Manager
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 12/11/2019

"Payroll Service for Small Offices"

Commentaires: I have not had any problems with quickbooks payroll at all. I would recommend this service to other businesses. I also found them to be cheaper that the other payroll companies out in the market.

Avantages: This software is very easy to use. Has all of the options we need for tracking deductions, types of pay, vacation accruals, 401K, flexplan deductions, etc. Online check stubs for the employees. They can just log on and get a copy of their paycheck. They automatically receive an email when the check is ready to review. Easy data entry. Quickbooks takes care of all of the Federal and state filing forms and payments. If you use Quickbooks for your business you can set it up to automatically transfer the payroll to your general ledger. Saves time and prevents errors.

Inconvénients: If you don't start out using this software with your quickbooks when you first implement - you are not able to keep your payroll history. If you need to convert from one software to another - I would recommend doing it at the time of your physical year.

• Publié le 12/11/2019
Agnieszka W.
Payroll coordinator
Assurance, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 28/02/2020

" QuickBooks Payroll Review"

Commentaires: Good but the items above have to be corrected for us to be completely satisfied.

Avantages: We use the Intuit Full Service payroll. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very helpful the other day spending many ous on the phone with me in efforts to correct our issue.

Inconvénients: There are two CONS I want to mention. Both of them do not have to do with the service [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] provided.
1 - it is very difficult to get a hold of a representative on the phone. We have desktop version of Quickbooks. The Intuit Full Service payroll advertises we should use a feature embedded in Quickbooks online to call speak to a representative. We do not have that option as we do not use the online version of the software. This needs to be attended to. No one wants to be on hold for 45 minutes to be able to talk to a representative.
2 - the IIF file import form Intuit Full Service payroll to desktop Quickbooks has a flaw. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and I spent hours the other day talking to Quickbooks desktop people and although they found a fix, it was just one-time fix. Please, refer to the service ticket [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and I were working on for details. This also requires immediate attention.

• Publié le 28/02/2020
Paul A.
Small Business Consultant
Services financiers, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 01/03/2019

"Affordable, full service payroll"

Commentaires: As an Intuit ProAdvisor, full service payroll is an added value to the reselling of a discounted QuickBooks Online account. As an additional service to my retainer clients, I can process their payroll on any interval they choose, and I can handle any type of compensation arrangement they have with their employees. The best part is, it only takes a few minutes and I can do it all effortlessly through the mobile app. And since the ability to pay independent contractors via direct deposit was introduced, my Bookkeeping clients love the fact that they no longer have to worry about writing out checks to their contractors. Filing Forms W-2 (for employees) and Forms 1099-MISC (for independent contractors) is a breeze at the end of the year and paying all their quarterly payroll taxes takes only a few minutes every three months.

Avantages: Cost is much less expensive than any payroll services company. Direct deposit payments, employee portals, Form W-2 and Form 1099-MISC filing, quarterly tax filing, electronic tax payments, direct deposit payments for independent contractors, powerful and customizable financial reporting, easy collection of Form W-9 information, reliable mobile app for process payroll from anywhere, support for multiple pay rates, benefits and withholding support, and more.

Inconvénients: QuickBooks Payroll is available for both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online accounts. With QuickBooks Online, you are dependent on the availability of an Internet connection at the time you wish to process payroll.

• Publié le 01/03/2019
Xena B.
director
Électronique grand public, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 30/08/2018

"effortless book keeping"

Commentaires: experience with payroll is really cool, the software actually calculate the holdings and make life easy for me, definitely a robo accountant that i don't have to pay a salary to.
Over all experience : just love it and wish i had it from the beginning of my business. For new users, make use of support. Don't hesitate to call , ask questions , ask again if you have to they will walk you through it. Like i say be dumb and learn it . take the time to do so because the end result is amazing . knowing your finances is straight can save your life. aka....sleep well .

Avantages: it keep track of your income and expenses by simply attaching your bank account.
almost does your tax return. lol
save a lot of time doing your data entry thus cost effective, no need for a special person to enter all your receipts etc
keep correct info on all money related transaction and balance your check book , can keep your spending and saving on check. I can make adjustments by just looking at my balance sheet. almost cool for idiots to use. :)
perfect

Inconvénients: if i made a mistake and had to go hunting for the problem, but i can just call up support and let them know ( how stupid i was ) and they just fix it. so not really a con.
for invoicing however , can take a little polishing up especially if i am doing an estimate and need to send it out, i must be extra cautious.

• Publié le 30/08/2018
John G.
accountant
  • Publié le 23/03/2020

"Full service is great choice for small S-Corps"

Commentaires: I am a cash flow designer for small businesses. I put structures in place to get them moving their money around their small business for useful reporting and cash flow predictability. Often they are transitioning to S-Corp status and needing to level up their approach to Payroll. I like Quickbooks full service payroll for this.

Avantages: Weekly Payroll at no extra cost, which is great for my clients who are primarily small S-Corps not used to running payroll; I have to get that money into their account so they don't mix up their funds and spend out of their business accounts on their personal life. I also like how when there are issues, they walk me through how to fix them in the interface really well. As a non-expert on payroll, using it for only a few clients, this has been really excellent.

Inconvénients: I wish it was easier to change bank accounts for the draw. Over time I move clients from single checking accounts to split accounts with operations expenses separated in certain ways; at some interval I tend to want to move the payroll draw to a new bank account. This is hard, in part because the settings inside payroll are housed in a weird interface that locks up in weird ways if you login from various accounts at the same time. Feels like old old old software suddenly, not modern Intuit stuff.

Jackie Z.
Finance Manager
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 13-50 employés

"QB Payroll Review"

Commentaires: Our company started with Quickbooks Payroll 5 years ago with 2 employees and we are still using them today with 25 employees. It is simple enough to use for a start up company, but has the features that are needed to comply with required regulations as the company grows.

Avantages: I like that if I have made a mistake in payroll, I can call QB and it can be "fixed" before the money ever hits our employees' accounts. I also like having the ease of all the payroll summary reports when completing bank and legal documents that ask for payroll information, or creating budgets for the company.

Inconvénients: While the software is great for the majority of payroll situations and the customer service is knowledgeable in most situations, if a more complicated situation arises with payroll, it may take a few calls to get the right person who will keep problem solving with you until the problem is completely resolved.

Brianna F.
Project Administrator
  • Publié le 12/12/2018

"A God-send for Small Businesses"

Commentaires: I would recommend Quickbooks Payroll to new businesses that are looking for an easy way to stay organized and pay bills on time.

Avantages: As a cost-plus general contractor, we highly utilize the ERP Integrations System from Procore to create vendors in Quickbooks. Within those vendors, it is easy to enter and pay bills to subcontractors. Creating customer jobs allows us to use job-cost codes to bill our clients. The reconciliation tool helps us double check that our charges match up what is on our monthly statement. Also, the ability to print checks through Quickbooks is useful and looks professional. Probably the most useful tool in Quickbooks is the Profit & Loss tool that allows you to break out individual G/L accounts and easily see your gross income and profit. If our company did not have Quickbooks, we would be so unorganized. Quickbooks is a fantastic software that keeps our expenses, payroll, and vendors organized and stored all in one helpful place.

Inconvénients: The reconciliation tool for credit card charges can be challenging to use and takes additional introduction and training from an accountant to ensure it is being done correctly.

• Publié le 12/12/2018
Michael J.
Logiciels, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 21/02/2020

"Save the day!!"

Commentaires: LMR saved me and my team getting paid and walked me through and entire process in one hour that took Surepayroll a month to do. And didn't even get it right. LMR saved that day and it was so refreshing and easy to use and she was so knowledgeable and helpful and really went over and above what I could ask for. I can't believe I didn't sign up with Intuit payroll first. Now I know!

Avantages: the UI, ease of use and how everything flows and is connected

Inconvénients: I can't think of anything right now. So, I may have to get back to you.

• Publié le 21/02/2020
Jeni W.
Operations Manager
  • Publié le 11/05/2020

"From Desktop program to Online program"

Commentaires: Fast, prompt and knowledgeable assistance. As a new user to the online platform I am a bit of a chore to help, however I have received fantastic service including explanations so guide to me should the issue return. It is comforting that I can expect a prompt response when I reach out for help as I am uncomfortable with any facet of the company bookkeeping in limbo for any length of time.

Avantages: Automatic features such as tax calculations and submit, ease of importing bank feeds.

Inconvénients: Templates limited in customization. Possibly because we are a construction office and our invoicing is a bit particular. Also, I have customized and saved a report similar to the 'print check stub' feature in the desktop version, small learning curve there and wouldn't mind seeing that report option.

• Publié le 11/05/2020
Wissam E.
Vente au détail, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 29/07/2019

"Horrible Direct Deposit"

Commentaires: try it and you will find out.

Avantages: It is cheap and integrated with Quickbooks

Inconvénients: Good luck with their new Risk Assessment Department. I have been trying to do Direct Deposit for 3 months in my new company and they cannot get their act together. It is harder than getting a mortgage. My other companies are fine but now they keep asking more and more info to just run $2000 a week in payroll. All because "I am a new company and they front the direct desposit funds". I really do not care. Any other payroll company can do this. They should state that they do not offer direct deposit for new companies.

• Publié le 29/07/2019
Andrew S.
Creative Director
Films et cinéma, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 05/02/2020

"Best of the Best"

Avantages: Love using Quickbooks compared to everything else we've ever tried

Inconvénients: Not really much, other than the learning curve, but they help out with that a ton. For example, I spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] today who walked me through something I was having issues with. Great job!

• Publié le 05/02/2020
Julie B.
Cabinets médicaux, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 10/03/2020

"User Friendly"

Avantages: Customizable for my business, I like that some items are automatic.

Inconvénients: I wish I could make 401k contributions and dhhr payments through quickbooks so that it was done automatically with payroll. I can make deductions but would love for them to be sent.

• Publié le 10/03/2020
Yvette E.
Single member LLC
Restaurants, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 25/09/2019

"I should have switched sooner!"

Commentaires: I have used Intuit full payroll for years and have been very pleased with them. It was a no brainer to convert from desktop and integrate full payroll with the online quickbooks. Now I can so everything within one program and have assess to my banking transactions! First thing I must say is if you are moving from desktop/intuit full payroll like me, then be ready to back off and let the teams do their jobs. Then dig in and learn the minor changes that are on the software. The customer service has been the best and very helpful!

Avantages: I like that it is so accessible and easy. Having been a long time customer of Intuit payroll with my desktop quickbooks the integration of both together has made my life easier!

Inconvénients: The process was more complicated and took longer than I anticipated. I expected my intuit full payroll service to quickly convert to the QBO full payroll. Clearly there are things I cannot see and did not know that took longer. Over all the transition has been very positive. This isn't really a "con" but I would advise future customers to make sure their desktop is completely up todate before they export, then set the desktop version aside and run with the online version. It will simplify your bookkeeping by hours!!!

• Publié le 25/09/2019
Gregorio C.
Principal
Conseil en gestion, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 29/01/2020

"Very Good Product for Most Situations (with certain reservations)"

Commentaires: Generally, customer service is excellent. However, one client with a less-than-perfect record of NSF situations for direct deposit (two incidents in two years due to error, not fraud or deceit) has been severely (and in my opinion, unreasonably) penalized by the QB Payroll Risk Team. In both cases, the funds were supplied the same day, and the client paid a fine. The last incident was more than a year ago, and the risk team still requires that the client submit payroll five banking days before the direct deposit date. On weeks with Monday holidays, employees must wait until the following Tuesday to receive their pay. Of course, the remedy is to never, ever make mistakes with direct deposit funds.

Avantages: QuickBooks Online and TSheets interface. Customer service and problem resolution are generally excellent, with well-trained and proficient agents taking calls or on chat. (See below for a specific situation description.)

Inconvénients: QBO and TSheets do not track projects at any sub-level, such as task or milestone, so employee expenses allocated to projects require painful, manual Excel manipulation to bill clients based upon task or milestone accomplishments. Who ever heard of a project without tasks or milestones?

• Publié le 29/01/2020