eFax securely sends your documents!

Publié le 22/04/2018
Candace E.
Help Desk Analyst
Matériel informatique, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: eFax by J2 offers end-users the ability to send secured faxes online. End-users can use eFax by J2 to send faxes via a computer desktop, laptop, or mobile device. The benefits of eFax is sending outgoing or receiving incoming faxes via a personally selected fax number. eFax allows users to manage account online. eFax is a great online faxing tool.

Avantages: eFax allows end-users to send documents online. eFax offers a free trial to send 150 pages per transfer. eFax allows end-users to send 150 incoming as well as outgoing faxes per the free trial. eFax does not require an initial activation fee. eFax allows end-users to select personal faxing number. eFax offers two types of subscriptions such as Plus and Pro with two different types of feature prices.

Inconvénients: eFax at one point in time was a free service and now requires payment. eFax interfaces with a third party cloud storage. eFax collects cookies and session cookies ID per user and their computer. eFax company server stores personal information that may identify the user. eFax is required to maintain information per user for a limited time, within the terms of agreement of privacy, that time frame is unidentifiable.

I never thought faxing would be so exciting!

Publié le 31/08/2019
Governance, Risk & Compliance Administrator
Services juridiques, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We needed to remain nimble to use fax to support government clients and interface with doctors/clinics/etc. We had pretty much overlooked fax completely and tried a host of free services that ultimately would fail and cause embarrassment. The eFax system is intuitive, robust, and decently affordable given its attributes.

Avantages: It sends big files, it has a Mac desktop app, fax & sign, e-sign, mobile apps. I could go on for a while.
There are tons of fax over email services, many of them are free.
But if you work with rural courts, medical practitioners, government offices, etc., you are using fax.
Add in the HIPAA compliance and this is the easiest money we've ever spent for so many solid features in one simple tool- even Google Drive support which helps because that is the core of our operations infrastructure.

Inconvénients: You quickly pass the incoming/outgoing page limits, but the product is worth it.
There are caps to users on a plan, ours was at 5 so it was fine normally but in intern season it became a challenge.

I use eFax directly or with our 800#. Easy to use.Perfect if you have your directly line to pick up

Publié le 09/05/2018
Cecelia G.
Senior Housing Counselor/Loan Servicing
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: A like my personal eFax number. I don't have to wait for someone to look up the faxes for me. I go in my fax and access directly. The system saves your faxes for a long time. You can create folders to save the fax into. Sending faxes is easy and it saves the contacts especially when you have multiple requests from a certain agency. Faxes are clear. I love my eFax.

Inconvénients: It is hard when you only have one number to send and receive faxes to especially when someone other than you handles the faxes. I don't like when you get faxes repeatly from other businesses that do not belong to you.

Digital Faxing with HIPAA Compliance

Publié le 05/09/2019
Social Worker
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: eFax Corporate allows me to achieve more by digitally faxing documents with HIPPA compliance.

Avantages: At the surface, eFax Corporate provides what you expect, a digital fax that allows you to fax directly to an individuals email, and it does it well. It also allows you to sign documents within the application, offers mobile applications and what got me the most excited, it works with GoogleDrive.

Inconvénients: My biggest draw back is their limits on page/file size. Sometimes the charts I have to send are robust and I have to break them down into multiple faxes.

Integrates well and is reliable

Publié le 17/04/2018
Jon A.
Application Support Team Lead
Cabinets médicaux, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I love how easy this is to use and the level of integration it has with our software. We send and receive faxes for it with very few problems. Their customer support team is out of this world. The longest I've waited for a reply was under an hour and that was because our direct rep was on a plane. We commonly have less than 5 minute response times.
They give good price breaks on quantity.. we send and receive about 70,000 pages per month and get a great rate. Much more economical than maintaining standard machines.

Inconvénients: There are obscure file\page size limits on faxes sent through their API. They have a new version but it does not work with our software yet.

one of my most used tools

Publié le 13/09/2019
Kelly M.
Branch Manager
Services financiers, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: provides me with a tremendous amount of value in customer relations and profitability with the time factor in response time. it gives me an edge over my competition

Avantages: this enables me to receive my faxes no matter where I'm at. it also lets me decide if and who can be added to distribution list. im anle to respond to my merchants regardless of my location.

Inconvénients: sometimes it can be a little slower than traditional fax to receive. there have been occasions thst i have had to have items faxed to office fax instead.

A real must have for any business

Publié le 12/10/2019
Deborah H.
Marketing Manager
Services financiers, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, there is no other option than eFax. The ease of use and the convenience it provides is priceless.

Avantages: Our entire team is on the road most of the time and we are being faxed docs continuously throughout our day. We'd be grounded at the office if not for eFax. The number one thing I like is the convenience it provides.

Inconvénients: The cost to use eFax can be a bit pricey. But I've tried the other options out there and have determined that eFax is worth the cost.

Reduces Clutter

Publié le 10/07/2018
Hasib B.
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: While faxing is quite antiquated, the healthcare industry has not yet widely adapted a replacement. Until then, this seems to be the next best thing. You have the same compatibility as traditional faxing, but are able to reduce clutter and free floating sheets of paper which could lead to HIPAA violations.

Inconvénients: At the end of the day its still fax, which makes it less than ideal but its the standard used by the rest of the industry.

eFax Review

Publié le 19/04/2019
Robert M.
Mortgage Processor
Services financiers, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Easily send or receive a fax. Upload items directly to your computer and easily send them via fax to a fax machine/number. Ease of setup and use/very user friendly.

Inconvénients: Nothing fancy or unique here. This is a basic electronic fax software. Interface is a bit 'outdated' looking but that doesn't obviously affect the functionality and ease of use of the software.

Just no

Publié le 31/03/2018
Beth D.
Rédaction et correction, Auto-entrepreneur
Source : GetApp
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I suppose for big corporations (or law firms, where I once worked and eFax supplied everyone with their own fax line), this is a good product. However, even when I used it at the law firm, I did not always get notification as I should have, or as fast as I should have, of the receipt of a fax. Or confirmation of a fax. It's nice to have the history of the faxes you've received, so you can go back and get something if you need to. Obviously it does integrate well, it's basically pretty easy to use (if you can operate a regular fax machine, you can run eFax), and it's been around a while. But for the individual user or small companies, really, it's much too expensive, especially since there are so many other free or very cheap options out there. The "free trial" is a joke. Don't waste your time if you're going to sign up for it, just so you can send a quick fax, thinking you will cancel before the free trial ends. They're going to get money out of you one way or the other. Keep that number to your credit card's charge dispute line ready. If you only send the rare fax, bounce over to HelloFax instead and send it for free. Or set up the fax option in Microsoft and fax directly from your word processing software.

Inconvénients: Expensive, shady "free trial" that bills you no matter what, doesn't offer anything in terms of increased efficiency or performance that I can't get from using a free or already installed on my machine service.

Efax Corporate

Publié le 07/10/2019
Jonathan G.
System Administrator
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, Efax gets the job done and allow us to keep our order flow consistent the majority of time.

Avantages: Efax is an easy to use online fax service that allows businesses toll free service with online access.

Inconvénients: The only issues we've has so far is the system sometime goes down and we have to call in and wait for them to resolve. But it usually doesn't take that long.

General Use Review

Publié le 29/08/2019
Taniya M.
Procurement Manager
Services financiers, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Good. Would recommend if you dont have a budget but there are cheaper options.

Avantages: This product is very well known and trusted. Secure in sending faxes with private data within. Easy to send through emails.

Inconvénients: The pricing is very expensive. Can get charged for having a fax line, and number of pages of incoming and outgoing faxes.

Segregating fax lines and moving to the cloud

Publié le 19/04/2018
Richard R.
Information Technology Manager
Services à la personne et aux familles, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Ease of setup, ease of use and the ability to receive a fax anywhere at anytime. Also have mobile apps.

Inconvénients: efax is not HIPPA Compliant, however the same company owns sFax, which is not only HIPPA compliant they have a BAA available for its customers. I am currently in the process of moving much over to sFax.

Great Enterprise Fax solution

Publié le 30/08/2019
Sam L.
Systems Administrator
Services financiers, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great cloud option for faxing as the analog fax lines are going away

Avantages: Ease of use for end users. Ability to use security technology like SSL and TLS to encrypt the message transmissions.

Inconvénients: User setup in portal not as clean as I would like. Search feature not always returning the number you are looking for.

Over-priced for inconsistent service.

Publié le 12/02/2019
Practice Director
Psychologie, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Needed a virtual fax system that allows our virtual practice administrators to check inbound faxes and allow our clinicians to send outbound faxes without having to buy equipment for our 15 offices. Also allows us to avoid having to allocate and secure space within our office for HIPAA compliance related to faxing.

Avantages: HIPAA compliant, virtual fax system which allows our multi-office healthcare practice to manage all fax volume (especially inbound faxes) without having to buy multiple machines, train multiple staff, etc. eFax was willing to provide a Business Associate Agreement (BAA), which is necessary for compliance.

Inconvénients: We changed after getting consistent complaints from clients and other providers that they're faxes were not going through. We even lost a referral source due to their exhaustion with us not getting their referrals and records. When we found a lower priced option, we beta-tested it on a parallel basis and switched after 30 days. Also, their interface feels a little antiquated and quirky compared to the other provider we switched to.

Faxing online

Publié le 29/11/2018
Sharonda L.
Lab Manager
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall I'm very satisfied with efax I use it everyday.

Avantages: The most important thing to me about this software is the contact list. I use efax corporate in my lab to send results to our clients and my contact list is extensive but efax can handle all of the 100+ stored contacts.

Inconvénients: The only thing I don't like is having to add a 1+ before each fax number. If you forget the 1+ the faxes will not go through.

Love This Company!

Publié le 18/04/2019
Business Manager
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: We started using eFax's services roughly a year ago. I can tell you right now, we've never had an issue. It was setup seamlessly and has worked without any issues since. eFax allows us to have remote workers now, which is awesome!

Inconvénients: I have absolutely no complaints about eFax. I would recommend them to any business that is looking to do away with their fax machine.

CANCELLATION NIGHTMARE

Publié le 29/11/2019
Patricia H.
Comptabilité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This company doesn't deserve any stars. I signed up no problem but when it came time to cancel it was an absolute nightmare! I was billed for 3 years of service that I didn't use. I had proof of cancellation but was told no refund because I emailed my request to cancel to the wrong company department. I would have expected a reputable company to forward it to the proper department or email back to let me know of the mistake. It has cost my company over $400 CDN over 3 years. They kept my credit card info and just continued to bill me each year, ignoring my requests to cancel the service and without my permission. After 45 minutes on the phone and a chat with the manager. I'm told he will put a request through to the finance department for a pro-rated partial refund. Then he went further to say that they may not accept my request. At this point I'm feeling this company are scammers. They took $ from my credit card for a service I wasn't using and didn't cancel it on 3 occasions (twice by phone, once by email) when requested to do so.

Avantages: It appeared to be affordable at the time we signed up.

Inconvénients: It has been extremely difficult to cancel the service.

Easy to use

Publié le 30/10/2019
Trang L.
Implementation project manager
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Saved the company from having a POTS line installed and dedicated to just a fax service and you didn't need to buy or maintain a fax machine.

Avantages: Easy to use and convenient. You receive it like a scan and could save it as a PDF.

Inconvénients: The faxing out part didn't seem secure as you sent it out to an efax email, so you didn't know if someone else was reading your fax.

This is more for business use

Publié le 01/05/2019
Katrina L.
Event Specialist
Biens de consommation, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Essai gratuit
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I searched around for alternate methods to fax documents to workers. I can't always use my All-in-One fax machine or go to the library/Office Depot. You get a free 30 day trial, afterwards you pay This is more for a small business, I had to search for a site that sent faxes. You can send and receive your fax by email, the steps are easy. Attach the documents to the email, click send and your confirmation will be sent to you. No fax machine to deal with.

Inconvénients: This is not a dislike, but this is not for personal use. This site is suited more for a small business of 10 employees or less. I have to keep searching until I find a more cost effective(or free) way to fax.

Reasonably priced, cloud based secure fax solution. Easy to adopt and fairly straight forward use.

Publié le 04/04/2018
Partner
Services financiers
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Quick deployment of a cloud based, secure/encrypted eFax solution. Didn't break the budget.

Avantages: Reasonably priced way to adopt a secure, cloud based fax solution. Access inbound and outbound faxes from any device with a browser, securely. Automatic e-archive of fax communications.

Inconvénients: The performance for us is just very slow. I don't know if this is due to the encryption implementation or what, but the faxes are slow to load across different browsers and from different PCs. Not a deal killer, but annoying.

I tell my friends to find a better solution.

Publié le 06/11/2018
Head of Analytics, Wunderman Asia Pacific
Équipement et fournitures de bureau, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Works to send a fax electronically . Not magic or unique.

Inconvénients: I signed up for their service four months ago using the free one month trial. After trying the service once, found another free tool so searched for online for how to cancel my free trial. There appears to be no way to on the site cancel the trial. So send an email requesting the cancelation of the account no response. Tried again and with no response. At the end of the first month, they charged me for the following month. I then called and there was no option in the call menu to cancel service (you are directed to the site) so I selected technical support. The tech rep said he would cancel. He did not and again charged for another 2 months. Then sent another two emails. No response. Got charged again. Finally went to bank and canceled my credit card. I tell my friends to stay away.

e fabulous

Publié le 05/03/2019
Heather R.
Quality Assurance RN
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 501-1 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Less time is spent on gather documents and then faxing them or printing out items to be faxed. I can simply save them in a file and then fax them!! So easy

Avantages: I love that I can fax documented through the computer without having to have a machine to do so, I work from home and get request for document frequently and this has made it so much easier to send. Love it

Inconvénients: I have no complaints bout this software! It wonderful

They've been down for 1 week and they cannot provide an ETA!

Publié le 11/07/2018
Neil H.
it desktop support
Services financiers, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: There are no pros! Everything is terrible, billing is an issue with them all the time. Their server is very slow

Inconvénients: It takes forever to retrieve your inbox. Down for 1 week and no ETA what more can I say? Worst service ever!

eFax review

Publié le 22/01/2019
Bridgitte T.
Lead
Gestion de l'enseignement, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: What I like most is the convenience of having a fax on my phone or computer. Faxing from my email makes work so much easier.

Inconvénients: I haven't come across anything that I don't like yet. When I do I will be sure to let you know