15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

Avis clients sur QuickBooks Desktop Pro

En savoir plus sur QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Outil de comptabilité qui fournit une assistance multiécrans et des tampons de retard via l'amélioration des flux de trésorerie.

En savoir plus sur QuickBooks Desktop Pro

It integrates with our FSM software, so it is really great to be able to go from one system to another without much effort.

My only complaint has been that when you are couple of releases behind you can no longer direct email invoices to a client.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro - Notes

3,9

QuickBooks Desktop Pro a reçu une note globale de 4,4 étoiles sur 5 d'après 1 942 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé QuickBooks Desktop Pro ?

Filtrer les avis (1 942)

Hugues
comptabilité (Cameroun)

logiciel comptable en linge

3,0 l’année dernière

comment projet c'est plutôt bien le faite de faire sa comptebilité en en exploitant le server de l'autre

il faut encore améliore la présentation des états de synthèses ;permettre d'ajoute l'adresse mail…

Christelle
Coach (France)
Services à la personne et aux familles, Auto-entrepreneur

Dommage que QuickBooks s arrête

4,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : Une expérience top avec un logiciel de compta/ facturation rapide, simple à utiliser. Je l ai trouvé très intuitif et facile à prendre ne main! Dommage que ça s arrête

Ce logiciel permettait sur une interface fluide une facturation facile, rapide et efficace. C est dommage que ça s arrête bientôt. 😞 Parce que j en ai étais particulièrement ravie

Le manque de couleurs permettant de rassembler les filtres pour plus de visibilité

Sylvain
Gérant (France)
Vente en gros, Auto-entrepreneur

EX utilisateur de QUICKBOOKS qui arrête en France

2,0 l’année dernière

simple à utiliser mais cher à l'utilisation.

Trop coûteux! et grosse augmentation en 2021!

Stanley
Stanley
System Administrator (Kenya)
Services et technologies de l'information, 11–50 employés

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Industry Standard for Accounting.

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : QuickBooks Desktop Pro offers one of the best user interface and experience with an easy to grasp learning curve. This makes it the primary software for training accounts for many institution in y home place.

Easy setup process even for non technical users to install is the number one reason QuickBooks Desktop Pro wins and the 30 Days trial version come in very handy.

Lack of Wholesale and Manufacturing modules with QuickBooks Desktop Pro means I cant have BOM (Bill of Material) and this is quit limiting as it need an entirely new installation and license for its advance version that is QuickBooks Enterprise.

Lisa
Director (R.-U.)
Comptabilité, 2–10 employés

The best there is for desktop accounts packages

5,0 il y a 2 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : I struggled with Sage for about 3 years. Came across this software, learned it in a day and (not exaggerating), it really did change my life. Excellent software, great customer service, loved it. I'd recommend it to all clients and friends. However, times have moved on again, and now its all about being cloud based.

I liked the budgeting feature, the auto invoicing, and the fact that you could have more than one company on the one desktop license. You didn't have to keep buying the license like on the online version.

If you are working on the books with someone else, you have to make sure that you back up your work, save and send, and that you're always working on the most up to date version of the software. I don't think its being supported by Intuit anymore, so you can't add payroll and soon I think it'll be obsolete.

Director IT (É.-U.)
, 11–50 employés

Dinosaur on its Way to Fossil

I am hard-pressed to find an enthusiastic pro that I can add here. After years of all the limitations, and looking at other products, can't really praise the beast.

This software is bloated and uses out of date technology. It's entire substructure is based on Internet Explorer technology. That's right...Internet Explorer. The only real "cloud" solution they offer is to pay (a lot of money) to a third party service to host a remote desktop solution. Companies have been limping along this way for years. Imagine being a Quickbooks consultant to many different clients, all with different databases. Management becomes untenable. Intuit, a giant company with boundless capital continues to build on this ancient technology. It should have started from the ground up to plan for concurrent technologies, but it opted not to do so. Here is an example that happened with our organization. We wanted to move from a local hosted sever instance to a cloud-based version. Quickbooks recommended that we go with Right Networks. Right Networks, but there are major limitations and it adds $4000 a year to the cost of using quickbooks as a solution. But when your controller travels to Equador or Peru, and they need to be able to work, it was our only option. Because Quickbooks has chosen to stick to relic technology, we have this unnecessary added expense. When we moved to the hosted solution, our Enterprise license should have given us Online Backup functionality. However, the hosted instance of Quickbooks kept prompting us to activate online backups. Over and over again. Because, it uses Internet Explorer skinned prompts, it would not allow us to move forward. Quickbooks was not able to assist because it was a hosted solution. At the time of this review, Right Networks was still publishing remote desktop sessions on Windows Server 2008 R2. It is almost 2019. They are using technology that is at least ten years old. Another limitation with Quick Books and Windows Remote Desktop hosted solutions is Microsoft does not allow competing remote disk technology to run on their servers. Some time ago, our company got rid of our file servers and we moved everything to Google Drive (the corporate version). It allows end users to have access to TERABYTES of shared team data without it taking up space on their local workstation. It has turned out to be a beautifully elegant solution. As an event management and production company, our end users are constantly managing receipts. Quickbooks has no way of "browsing" to Google Drive to attach a receipt to a Quickbooks transaction or invoice. And because there is not a true enterprise-class, truly cloud-based offering from Quickbooks, we are not allowed by Microsoft to integrate Google Team Drive into our Quickbooks solution. Effectively, Quickbooks is a true dinosaur well on its way to fossildom. Even outside of our specific "power-user" needs, I have other complaints. The invoice template design functionality is quite literally out of 1992. It is truly an inelegant solution that looks ancient from the moment you open it. Let's say you have 4 accounting assistants producing invoices. If user A created an invoice based on template number 2, then when users C, D and E go to create an invoice, then their template is defaulted to template number 2. This a user-experience headache. Quite often, invoices get generated with the wrong template because of this "feature". If you want to design branded email templates that get generated when sending an invoice, there is no way to customize the email unless you design the email template using Microsoft Outlook. So you are either bound to Microsoft Technologies, with its attendant costs from CALs, Service Licenses etc. Suddenly, owning Quickbooks becomes even more expensive. Because Inuit wants you to use their payment platform (for accepting cards), they do not allow many (if any) 3rd party payment processing platforms such as Authorize.net. Our company has negotiated an aggressive 10 cent per transaction fee with Authorize.net, and Quickbooks can't compete with that, so we cannot even accept payments directly through Quickbooks. If I were a new business looking for an accounting solution, I would tell them to run far away from Quickbooks. It is terribly outdated for a twenty-second century organization.

Peter
CEO (É.-U.)
Logiciels, Auto-entrepreneur

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

QuickBooks Desktop the elephant in the room

4,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : It works and a lot of people know it. You can get yourself into more trouble than with some similarly priced products, but the are not as easy to use.

Easy to use and learn and a lot of people know it.

Technical support is not the best and it should be a lot better.

George
Office Manager (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 51–200 employés

QuickBooks Desktop Pro Review

5,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : Overall, it is a good product and far superior to Quickbooks Online version.

Easy to use. Functional product. Organized.

The product is now subscription based only. This is much more expensive than the previous purchase price every 3 years. Customer support has deteriorated over the last 5 years.

Saiyuri
Admin officer (Afrique du Sud)
Psychologie, 2–10 employés

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

5,0 il y a 2 mois

How easy it is to use and how quick it is to do invoices and billing.

So far there isn't any cons to QuickBooks as I love everything about it.

Marni
owner (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 2–10 employés

Long time user and still loving it

5,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Biggest pro is that it is NOT QuickBooks online. I am still amazed that Intuit put out a product called "accounting software"... but dumbed it down so that it is barely that. I try to keep all my clients on a desktop version, as it is so preferable to me, especially when t comes to reporting, credit memos and vendor credits.

The only con is that it has now gone to an annual subscription fee - and a high one at that! And the threats it will be sunsetted keep coming. I sure hope not. The day Intuit discontinues their desktop products is the day I move my clients to Sage and NetSuite. I will NOT be moving them to that piece of crap "accounting" software QBO. No "accounting software" uses terms like "who owes you" for AR and "what you owe" for AP! If you don't know those 2 terms - don't use an "accounting" software!

Marc
General manager (É.-U.)
Machines, 2–10 employés

Slowbooks gets the job done

4,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : It gets the job done, its too hard to move all the data and try something else. I would be inclined to try new software if we didn't have so much data in QuickBooks and didn't trust it so well. It always pays the bills on time.

It does everything correctly and without error. The data does not get corrupt and we have not be hacked.

The software is very slow and often requires updates. They are pushing very hard for subscription only model of business which is much more expensive than what we currently use of buying it once every 3 years. The service is mostly outsourced with only some personnel in the US after being transferred. The limited number of installs is very unfortunate. We need multiple people to place PO's for products and we have to download a full suite and seat for each user which gets costly.

Erin
Owner (É.-U.)
Marketing et publicité, Auto-entrepreneur

Have been using for almost 20 years

5,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : Overall it has been very positive. My biggest issue is that Quickbooks keeps trying to steer us into their online platform.

I like that it is thorough and can be used even without the internet which can't be said for their online version. I MUCH prefer this version.

It is very very thorough, which at times for a small business can be overkill. But in the end it is always better to have more data than not enough - especially when it comes to your money. Also, sometimes the bank feeds can get glitchy.

Maureen
Maureen
Comptabilité, Auto-entrepreneur

QB Desktop Pro

4,0 il y a 3 semaines Nouveau

Ubiquitous. Streamlines efficiency in use with multiple clients.

Price has become exorbitant, and required annual renewals. Support is extremely difficult to get.

Rhiannon
Owner (Canada)
Musique, Auto-entrepreneur

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Great product, support is lacking

Commentaires : It's affordable for small business compared to the big accounting suites. (ADVICE: Unless you are not up on payroll and other law changes each year, there is no reason to upgrade yearly. I upgrade every 4 years.) I only wish they would stop asking me to switch to the online version because it has far less features and costs a lot more to run, especially if you only upgrade every few years as I do.

Quickbooks has countless features, many I am still discovering after using it 12 fiscal years. I am not an accountant but I have done my own bookkeeping for years and found it very easy to learn. I particularly like the bulk input for transactions, which is a huge time saver. The layout editor for forms allows me to customize my invoices, estimates, and receipts. Inventory is easy to track. I also appreciate the customizable fields for customers in the address book, unlike some other programs.

The support team used to be decent but last year I found it to be awful. I needed to convert some data and made an appointment, I kid you not, 8 times and each time the support person didn't call me until days later. Eventually they stopped even replying. This is a big red flag to me when a company's support drops. (And this was well before Covid, so they cannot use that excuse.) They could also have much better functionality for importing CSV and other data to spare me entering it manually. Lastly, the limitation to be locked into one currency forever is frustrating. The tax payment functionality is very buggy and I had to start my own wiki to navigate the various menus as they are not at all intuitive. Ideally they would allow vendor bills to be entered but to delay inventory items in the system should a vendor require payment up-front before goods are shipped. This has caused inventory quantity issues many times. The pressure to switch to the online version is ridiculous. They even removed the automatic foreign currency rate adjustments/updates in an attempt to force us to move to a new version. Not cool! If the functionality was there, why cancel it? Lastly, be prepared to deal with a random data corruption issue every couple years. This is scary as heck when Quickbooks won't open or reconciliation numbers are damaged and no longer add up. Support is useless helping with this but I have found tricks on my own to repair it.

Immobilier, 2–10 employés

Quickbooks Desktop Pro- A Powerful Accounting Software

Commentaires : It provides the ability to easily customize customers' data, invoices, and reports. It integrates well with third-party applications. Exporting transactions from the bank and importing them into the software makes monthly reconciliation easy. Auditing the books is easy as there is a chronological tracking of transactions affecting each item. Whereas Quickbooks Desktop Pro is a powerful, affordable software with great features and is less costly to run, we had to switch to Quickbooks online which is cloud-based, has more automation and integrations with third-party applications. Quickbooks Online is also more user-friendly.
In my experience, choosing between Quickbooks Desktop Pro and Quickbooks Online is more about the organization's preferences and needs, and less about which one is better than the other.

It is powerful accounting software that is ideal for well-established organizations that have been in business for a while. It is great for bookkeeping and very helpful when it comes to filing taxes at the end of the financial year. It does not require frequent upgrades unless there are changes that affect a specific feature. It is great for generating various reports, setting up recurring invoices, and processing payroll.

It has a steep learning curve in the initial stages and requires some accounting knowledge. It is locally installed, therefore, inaccessible while on the move, and if you choose to have it hosted virtually, that comes at an additional cost. Customer support isn't as great as we expected and issues take very long to resolve.

Tony
Agriculture, 2–10 employés

Quickbooks Desktop Premier Plus

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : We have been using Quickbooks for years. Apparently, their goal is to get you "hooked" on the software and go up on the prices every year. There are several add-ons that can be used, for a separate fee of course, such as Payroll. We do our own Payroll at my company so this makes things much easier. However, adding additional services can get quite expensive and they tend to change plans almost every year. They are now charging annually for software that we use to be able to purchase once and then use for 3 years. Those days are gone.

This is a great product for income as well as expense tracking. We enter every transaction that comes through our company and we can easily compare previous years earnings and losses, up to date

This product is way too expensive for a small business and unless you have been using the software for years, it is very difficult to understand and use. Customer support is lacking when it comes to unusual problems. It seems their customer support team can only "change batteries" so to speak.

Shayne
Vente au détail, Auto-entrepreneur

Program is Great - Support not so Great

Commentaires : I enjoy using Quickbooks, but feel that the availability of a good alternative accounting program would make Intuit step up to the plate and improve their support after the sale. I feel that Quickbooks stands out as the leader and they really don't have any good competition.

Very easy to use. Very versatile reporting. Offers several different ways to navigate the program

The program is expensive and getting more expensive with every new release. Now Quickbooks has gone to being subscription based, so you will have to buy a new subscription every year. I used to just upgrade every 3 years or so. Support is outsourced to the Philippines making communication with the agent very annoying. Quickbooks acts like if you have to call support, it is because you are not smart enough to use the program. Support is expensive after a short introductory period.

Easiest accounting software I've used

I have used Quickbooks for 19 years for twelve different companies in various industries and with various needs. QB is always easy and intuitive from every aspect, from the initial set-up of the company file to the day-to-day transaction entries. You don't need to be an accounting genius with a perfect knowledge of debits and credits in order to understand how to enter your transactions in QB. I especially like the set-up tools that guide you during set-up of various things, like payroll items. It takes the stress out of things. I also really appreciate that whether you're a new user or an experienced user, mistakes happen, and QB makes it so easy to correct or delete any transactions that you entered incorrectly.

The only two cons I have found in my varied experience are: 1) QB does not track Use Tax, so you have to use roundabout ways to calculate and track that; and 2) if you live somewhere that Sales Tax is charged at the state level as well as at a county or city level, it can be tricky to get your sales tax properly set up and properly entered on your invoices. I have read that QB Online now offers better Sales Tax tracking, but I have no experience with that yet.

Réponse de l'équipe de Intuit

il y a 5 ans

Thanks a ton for this wonderful review! I'm pleased to hear you've been a part of the QuickBooks family for over 19 years! It's great that the program has consistently delivered the tools you need to get the job done. In regards to tracking taxes, I've submitted your review to our Product Development team. The consider feedback like yours when planning new features and updates. In the meantime, should you ever need support or want to learn more about the program, know you can find a plethora of self-help resource online on our Community website: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us I hope you continue to find success using QuickBooks. Thank you again for reviewing! Clay, The QuickBooks Team

Bill
Logiciels, 2–10 employés

A solid solution for small business accounting, if you can get past some of the issues

Commentaires : We are a small business that has had 3-4 users with QuickBooks Pro since 1997, adding Payroll in the early 2000s. Several years back, they changed licensing and started preventing us from getting the 4 users that we needed. In order to get past this, I had to jump through hoops via an annual phone marathon, speaking to multiple (usually 4-5 tech reps) to get the licenses updated and sorted out. This year, they forced us to move to the next level up, which they promised would eliminate this -- but now they charge us $2.20 monthly per employee for Payroll, which we had already paid for in the previous package. It just seems that they want to nickle and die you to death, and their support people are not always that helpful when problems arise. So why do I stay? Simply put, the software works, and it works quite well. Our 4-node network has had no problems keeping up with the size of the data, and our system still contains all of the data since 1997 -- and it performs perfectly. (Some reports can be slow from time to time, but only if you are running "All-time sales" reports or similar that have to look at lots of data. Otherwise, the system simply screams and does exactly what it needs to do. Our automation interfaces (using QODBC and simple VBScript scripts) reduce the workload for invoicing considerably, eliminating the need to hire another full-time position -- so it is still a worthwhile aggravation.

We have been using QuickBooks since 1997, and the product has certainly changed over the years, but it has remained very intuitive to learn and use over all of this time. More importantly, we have been able to automate large portions of our business using scripting and QODBC (which is a separate add-on that REALLY should be included) to streamline order processing and fulfillment.

The biggest downsides are stupid things within the user interface. Intuit likes to add advertising for upgrades right into the main menu bar. This breaks automation scripts relying on mouse clicks. Even if you remove the button again manually, it re-appears with the next system update, breaking your automation again. The other thing they do is present pop-ups on our database server via modal dialog boxes, further breaking the automation until someone actually logs onto the server and clicks OK to close the dialog box.

Dawit
Dawit
Systems Administrator/Web Developer (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 11–50 employés

Efficient and Reliable: How QuickBooks Desktop Pro Transformed Our Financial Management

5,0 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : our experience with QuickBooks Desktop Pro as an IT company has been exceptional. The software has addressed critical business problems related to financial management, including streamlining processes, generating accurate reports, facilitating efficient invoicing and billing, enabling effective expense tracking, simplifying payroll management, enhancing financial security, and supporting our company's growth.

We have been using QuickBooks Desktop Pro for our financial management needs, and we have been highly impressedOne of the things we liked most about QuickBooks Desktop Pro is its user-friendly interface. The software is designed with a clean and intuitive layout, making it easy for our team to navigate and access the various featuresQuickBooks Desktop Pro has been an invaluable tool for our IT company. Its user-friendly interface, comprehensive financial tools, customizable reporting, seamless integration, data security, scalability, and the wider QuickBooks ecosystem have all contributed to our positive experience

while we found QuickBooks Desktop Pro to be an excellent financial management solution, there were a few aspects that we liked least about the software.While QuickBooks Desktop Pro offers a user-friendly interface, we found that there is a learning curve associated with mastering the software's functionalities.QuickBooks Desktop Pro has a mobile app, but its functionality is limited compared to the desktop version.Despite these minor drawbacks, QuickBooks Desktop Pro remains a powerful financial management tool that has greatly benefited our IT company

Mike
President ()
Construction, 2–10 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Quick Books Pro online is awesome, scalable for large and small organization

Commentaires : Great value, when possible still work with a book keeper and accountant.

My business is only 2.5 years old and I have used QuickBooks from the beginning. I did my own accounting up to a few months ago as my business has grown and I don't have time to do it anymore myself. My experience with the desk top version 2015 was ok, but I wanted didn't fit my needs well as I traveled 90% of the time. When I subscribed to Quick Books Pro Online, my experience has been nothing but positive. The interface is easy to use, and its rich feature set allowed me to activate job costing features as I needed them. Now that we are in the 2 to 3 million range my book keeper and Accountant log in and use my same subscription. I save on accounting costs as I can pull my own reports which are easy to find and customize and do not need the Part time CFO(except quarterly) feedback as I can get it on my own. We will probably double or triple are gross sales next year and have no plans to change our accounting platform. Support comes free with the online version.

Subscription charges double your second year of using the product. The first year you get a bundled deal to experience all of the different pay services offered by Intuit. The first year is great, but after that it can get pricey. We aren't going to change accounting platforms, but for smaller companies, you will want to scale down to the minimum subscription amount to fit your needs. You also have to buy checks directly from Intuit as they don't support third party cheaper check services(There are services you can print your bank information on the cheaper checks, but all come with set up fees). Online App for your phone still needs work. For me this is the weakest link in Intuits online platform. It is getting better, but still not where it needs to be. You can add expenses now and also send invoices which are improvements, but still lacking,

Lamini
TAX MANAGER (Burkina Faso)

Efficient and Comprehensive Financial Management with QuickBooks Desktop Pro

5,0 il y a 4 mois

Commentaires : My overall experience with QuickBooks Desktop Pro has been positive. As a Senior Tax Manager and Director of Finance, it offers a comprehensive suite of financial tools, though it could be more user-friendly for those with limited accounting expertise. It greatly streamlines financial and tax management tasks.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro has been invaluable for me as a Senior Tax Manager and Director of Finance. Its comprehensive financial tools, including accounting, payroll, and tax management, offer an all-in-one solution. I appreciate the extensive customization options, allowing me to tailor reports and documents to my organization's specific needs. The integration with financial reporting streamlines data tracking and analysis. It excels in tax compliance, reducing the risk of errors and audits. The user-friendly interface accommodates varying accounting expertise levels, and its scalability ensures it grows with the business. In summary, QuickBooks Desktop Pro simplifies financial management for professionals in tax and finance.

While QuickBooks Desktop Pro offers comprehensive financial tools, it can be complex for those with limited accounting knowledge. The software may benefit from more user-friendly features for individuals and small businesses without dedicated financial departments.

Shannon
Office Manager (É.-U.)
Services juridiques, 2–10 employés

QuickBooks Desktop Review

Commentaires : Some of the benefits that has helped is producing individual statements to send to out clients. This feature is nice since you can produce only a few statement at a time, since it may not be necessary to produce a whole batch at one time.

I like how the reconcile feature works under the banking section. It allows the user to make changes by leaving the reconcile screen to make any changes within the QuickBooks program, and it still holds everything where you left off, which keeps the user from having to start over. Once complete, it creates the reconciliation detail report and a summary report, which is easy to print, or save in electronic file.

My biggest frustration is just learning how to use the software. Their is always a learning curve to learning a new software program. To help with learning QuickBooks, I took a class at a local community college to learn and understand how QuickBooks works. It is also helpful to have some accounting knowledge with learning QuickBooks.

Réponse de l'équipe de Intuit

il y a 5 ans

No one wants to do the same work twice, so you can count on us to save your progress while reconciling, Shannon. There can be a bit of a learning curve with the software, but we're positive that you can master it. We also have some great resources to help you get there, like our Community space. Here you can find helpful articles and post questions which are answered by fellow users and the QuickBooks Team: community.intuit.com Thanks for the amazing review! David, The QuickBooks Team

Duncan
Chief Operating Officer (É.-U.)
Banque, 2–10 employés

Made the switch from Sage - could not be happier!

5,0 il y a 11 mois

Commentaires : Our overall experience has been excellent. There have been a couple of times we've had to engage QB support, and they've been wildly more helpful than we ever experienced with Sage!

We used Sage (Peachtree) for many years, and struggled to get even basic accounting reports out of the software. We made the decision to switch to Quickbooks Pro, and after a reasonable conversion process, found we were able to get *exactly* the reports we needed with relative ease. That was two years ago, and we've never looked back!

There are some curious elements to the way QB organizes and labels certain functions...but that's par for the software course.

Rod
Development Director (É.-U.)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, Auto-entrepreneur

Quickbooks Desktop for over 20yrs

4,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : Love / Hate. It does want you want with little accounting background required. But, if you need to track your customers/vendors/etc, or do fund accounting, you'll probably have to set it up and use it a couple of times before you get the most out of it.

Quickbooks is easy to use and capture data via standard reporting. If you can make a deposit or record a check, you can use Quickbooks

Capturing, tracking and reporting donor data is very challenging and you have to understand how QB tracks "customers" activity. Once captured, trying to extract that data is tricky. Somethings are easier to just export to excel and reorganize the way you'd like. QB is not set up to be a Fund Accounting system and trying to use it as one requires some detailed accounting / QB knowledge. It can be done, it just requires a lot of thought and execution. Plus, every 3-4 years, Intuit will try to force you to upgrade and they really want to get you into an on-line product or anything that is subscription based. Look for the desktop product "purchase" to go away.