Good, but not great

Publié le 11/09/2019
Hannah R.
Gestion de l'enseignement, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I like this software a lot. My class uses it 2-3 times a week. There was recently a hiccup that wiped out all of my previous plans, so I'm having to sort through ALL the things again. It's really a pain. They make it easy for kids to log-in via a computer or tablet browser using "simplified log-in". It would be better if they could also use the app with simplified log-in, but as it stands, it's either app w/ complicated log in, or tablet browser with easy log-in. I hear the app is buggy, but I don't really use that because it's easier for first graders to use simplified log-in.

Avantages: I love the options & diversity of materials included in this software - games, review, lessons, etc.
I love that parents/students can access these at home and use them as review.

Inconvénients: Deleting things on your planner is the biggest pain - it's all right click here and confirm there.
I love all the materials, but there's got to be an easier way to get rid of lessons/activities that you don't want.
Also, I really dislike that so many of the activities have almost the same name, even if they're different activities.

McGraw-Hill Connect - One of the Better LMS Integrations

Publié le 15/11/2018
Jason H.
Real Estate Sales Associate
Immobilier, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: MH-Connect, by far, provides the best customer service from my experience.

Avantages: McGraw-Hill Connect (or MHConnect) provides one of the best LTI integrations with Canvas, our institution's LMS. The MHConnect interfaces allows you to create assignments, quizzes, and exams and then sync them with Canvas. When students participate in these activities, they do so through the MHConnect interface, and then their scores are passed back to the Canvas grade book. We have multiple publisher integrations in our instance of Canvas. McGraw-Hill Connect continuously provides the most stable connection with little need for support. But when we do need support, we're able to resolve things very quickly with an actual person over the phone.

Inconvénients: The interface for MHConnect could use a major refresh that includes enhancing the intuitiveness of performing key functions. For example, after creating assignments, quizzes, and exams, it's not immediately apparent that the instructor needs to then deploy those items to Canvas. It's frequently assumed that because their Canvas course is already linked to their MHConnect course, anything created will be automatically synced with Canvas. Also, changing certain settings for a course in MHConnect needs to be better communicated to the instructor.

Extra Practice for students

Publié le 03/03/2019
Cleaner
Gestion de l'enseignement, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Student performance has gone up because they are able to access material and resources while not in the classroom. McGraw-Hill has a plethora of resources available for teachers and students for every subject offered.

Avantages: Teachers are able to customize quizzes and assignments to fit what is needed for their particular group of students and class. Students have study tools and interactive modules to help understand material more fluently. Teachers can view reports so they can alter their teaching style and approach.

Inconvénients: McGraw-Hill could use some updating to the appearance of the interface. It looks like it hasn't been changed. There is difficulty with connecting it as a third-party application. There is not a clear or simple way for students to communicate with their professor within McGraw-Hill. There needs to be better and more accessible versions such as for mobile devices to encourage use-on-the-go.

Connecting with McGraw-Hill Connect

Publié le 25/01/2019
La'toya A.
Technology Facilitator
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall I love the software. Our K-6 ELA teachers use it daily in the classroom as their main ELA resource. The students love that they can log in and complete assignements assigned to them by their teacher.

Avantages: I love that McGraw-Hill Connect made it easy for teachers to add the product license themselves for the teacher book and the student book. Teachers are also able to setup their own account.

Inconvénients: i can say the only thing I don’t like about McGraw-Hill Connect software is the process for uploading students into the program. You have to use a excel template to type certain login credentials for each student. This process is okay on the front in of setting up your student accounts but we get several new students a month and it would be easier to just type those few students information directly into the program instead of completing the excel template and then waiting for it to upload.

Fantastic resource with a lot of hidden gems.

Publié le 25/08/2019
Jonathan R.
Medical Student
Enseignement supérieur, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Overall, it is a highly valuable resource for both students and instructors alike. It allows users to have remote access to the text that is used in the classroom if they are not able to access a copy of the textbook. There are also multimedia resources and quizzes available for some texts/resources. I loved using this in some of my university courses.

Inconvénients: It can be a little challenging to navigate as a new user. I also think that a lot of instructors are unaware of the full resources that are available to their students. Some of the resources can seem a little “hidden” at first but once you’ve used it a couple of times you can unlock its full potential.

Makes Learning Easiesr

Publié le 19/07/2019
Enseignement primaire et secondaire, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall this software is great. Our K-6 teachers use it for math and reading daily. It helps with assignment completion since students have access at home.

Avantages: Connect is a great supplemental tool for the classroom, and is a great place for e-learning. It is available for a variety of classes, and offers differentiated activities and practice. It is available to students at school and home, so they always have access to the needed material.

Inconvénients: It can be a bit difficult to located exactly what you want, as there are many resources and the setup is not as organized as I'd like. We also occasionally have issues with popups not working on Chromebooks.

Interactive textbook increases information retained from reading

Publié le 18/04/2019
Julia C.
Gestion de l'enseignement, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall I think it helps me understand the material better and I think the pros definitely outweigh the cons!

Avantages: This software has been used for many of my college courses and it has definitely helped me understand the material from the textbook better than if I were to be reading it on my own. Having the textbook be interactive, with important sections highlighted and questions being asked along the way, forces me to pay more attention and think critically about what I am reading. It also helped make my reading more efficient, because I was aware of what the most important sections were when I was being quizzed.

Inconvénients: Sometimes if I just wanted to read the textbook without having the quizzes, or just read at my own pace, little reminders about how I had been reading for awhile and not looked at any of the questions yet could get very annoying. The software is great when you want to be using it but if you are trying to avoid it, it doesn't like not being used.

Adaptive Learning with McGraw-Hill Connect

Publié le 30/07/2019
Valamere M.
Adjunct Instructor
Enseignement supérieur, 5 001-10 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: In my Success Strategies course, the Smartbook within McGraw-Hill Connect guides the students' learning to specific, targeted concepts and terms of importance, similar to the role of a teacher. Smartbook has tailored students learning with an individualized and focused approach. This has been helpful in providing supplemental resources and learning to my students.

Avantages: McGraw-Hill Connect provides students with learning opportunities and meeting them where they are. The learning materials, such as practice assignments, videos, and quizzes, allows students to review the content and adapts to their level of understanding.

Inconvénients: For the past couple of years, McGraw-Hill Connect assignment grades does not automatically sync to my Brightspace D2L course, so I have to manually go into McGraw-Hill Connect and force the sync to my course.

McGraw-Hill

Publié le 03/09/2019
Sasha F.
Gestion de l'enseignement, 5 001-10 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, it was good and I would recommend it to others.

Avantages: I liked how there were many electronic copy resources online. Being a special education teacher, we don't always get access to the general ed curriculum but are still expected to assist students with the general education materials. This allows us to have access to the curriculum.

Inconvénients: It takes a lot of time to figure out how to use/access materials. There are a lot of resources and it would be easier if it were organized differently. I had a difficult time finding the interventions in the beginning.

Used for a biology class, generally good results

Publié le 24/07/2019
Adelyn C.
d.Leadership Co President
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I used this software for a biology class and it was connected to the textbook that I was using. I really liked that because then it made sure that what I was reading was directly helping me apply the concepts to the homework assignments. It was also easy to navigate and didn't crash at all, which was a relief because academic work can have so much pressure, despite the unforgiving technological difficulties. There were also tools to help you figure out where you could find some certain information in the text, hints, etc, and by giving me more than one attempt as well as the resources I needed to get the question right, I had much higher rates of success and of retaining the information.

Inconvénients: I felt like at times the voiceover in the beginning could be very redundant and unhelpful (borderline annoying) because the software is so self-explanatory.

McGraw-Hill Review

Publié le 05/03/2019
Substitute Teacher
Gestion de l'enseignement, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I like that this software has ease of use and functionality. The students know what to expect when they use it. The software allows for students to practice topics that are struggling in or get extra practice in what the topic they like learning about. It connects to what the students are being taught and giving them extra help.

Inconvénients: Sometimes the information or passages to be read are not the best. They may contain harder words that should not be there or the topic is not the best for students to learn about.

Opinion of Language Course Preptor

Publié le 28/02/2019
Lecturer in Spanish
Enseignement supérieur, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Compared to its competitors Connect is falling by the way side. While some of the features are easy, like grading, the cons definitely out weigh the pros.

Inconvénients: I have been using McGraw-Hill Connect for six years now in an administrative role, where I create master sites then share them to other teachers and myself. Then as a teacher role, where I assess student learning, create assessments, assign work, and provide feedback. So, as a platform, Connect is OK. A few years ago, its interface was more appealing that many of its competitors, but in the past couple of years, the competitors have really stepped up to make the language learning experience online a more collaborative experience, while Connect has stuck to the bare bones exercises that lack innovation, collaboration, and do not provide a fun experience that would help the students study for intrinsic reasons. Additionally, building the sites every three years when new textbook editions are released is a tedious affair. Moreover, the customer service for students is time consuming that hardly ever produces results.

Good supplement for students.

Publié le 06/05/2018
Wendy N.
Support client

Avantages: As an educator it does a good job of being user-friendly and easy to understand for students to navigate. Students can access practice tests, interactive and assignments. I really like having a digital copy of each textbook available. I use it to supplement my curriculum.

Inconvénients: There are times where Connect has technical issues. It does not have an integrated LMS service which would enhance its appeal for teachers. Sometimes the info is not as current as I would like.

McGraw-Hill Connect

Publié le 12/06/2019
Stacey R.
First Grade Teacher
Gestion de l'enseignement, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My students enjoyed the learning experience using this program. This program is full of interactive lessons that cover all objectives and make learning so much fun.

Avantages: I have loved using this program. My students really enjoy working on our objectives and lessons using this program.

Inconvénients: I truly enjoyed every aspect of this program. I have no cons.

A good tool that is still a work in progress

Publié le 12/09/2019
Myriam F.
Life Science Faculty
Enseignement supérieur, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The software is useful for review learning and for short weekly practice quizzes. Customer service has been excellent, prompt and knowledgeable.

Avantages: The adaptive learning aspect works well. It helped many students learning the content and pass the class with a good grade (B+-A). Once the instructor becomes familiar with all the functionalities, it is a valuable analysis tool.

Inconvénients: The use of the software is not intuitive. Many extra steps are required to perform simple tasks such as copying courses from one quarter to the next. The date and time tool does not work consistently. Integration and synchronization with the learning management system can be erratic leading to panicked emails from students. There is no way to enroll as a student. Student preview is not enough to troubleshoot students' problems.

Excellent for Students

Publié le 03/04/2019
Operations Training Instructor
Transport routier/ferroviaire, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Used this software for 6 years during University Studies, and enjoyed the support it provided to be a successful student.

Avantages: This software is an excellent tool for online college students.

Inconvénients: Getting use to all the functions took a little time, but with a little use, it was easy to follow.

College students must have

Publié le 02/06/2019
Charla A.
Co/owner
Meubles, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: This tool is great for online college students, like myself. I have used it for roughly 5 years now. The software allows me to read my textbooks while on the go as well as take any assessments.

Inconvénients: I have never had any issues with this software.

Connect Kids to Learning

Publié le 19/03/2019
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I like using the software more than their competitors.

Avantages: -In the Edition I teach with the reading sections are short but multiple pages which keeps the students from getting bored. - There are different activities to change the pace and keep student engaged. -There are two different course paths for students; one with depth and one for general learning

Inconvénients: -The instructor is not able to see students' progress in real time.

- There is no quick check for understanding to see shich students have been following along and which have not.

McGraw-Hill Connect Software

Publié le 17/04/2019
Student Assistant
Enseignement supérieur, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I would recommend this product to anyone who is in college. Professors love to use this program, and it is very easy to use on the student side as well. This product works wonders in the learning process.

Avantages: This software makes reading textbooks and completing assignments very easy and convenient. With having access to this program from any device, getting work done for school is made very accessible.

Inconvénients: I have not experienced any issues with this software. It has been very helpful in pursing a higher education within classrooms.

Great resource beyond the textbook

Publié le 16/01/2019
Kyle T.
Floor Supervisor
Production alimentaire, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It's easy to use, and has a great way of expanding on the book material

Inconvénients: The cost per class is pricey compared to others

McGraw-Hill Connect

Publié le 05/08/2019
Samantha S.
College Student
Logiciels, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: This software is great for professors and students to communicate and submit assignments. I have been using this software since freshman year of college and have gotten very used to the functions. It is easy to use and your book is programmed online with your access code.

Inconvénients: Textbooks are expensive, especially books with access codes so sometimes as a college student I try to avoid buying straight through the site.

Easy to use

Publié le 10/09/2019
Melany R.
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, was a great learning tool and helped keep me organized/prepared for class.

Avantages: As a student, McGraw-Hill Connect made it so easy to stay on top of assignments and assigned readings. They display due dates on different interfaces and make the reading more interactive.

Inconvénients: the software sometimes had glitches when displaying images. Other than that, everything else ran smoothly.

Next generation of textbook-higher education integration; whether you like it or not

Publié le 01/08/2019
Gestion de l'enseignement, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's the future of higher education. It's only going to get better. The question is whether the price will be worth it for what is essentially supplemental features.

Avantages: Using the McGraw-Hill Connect with an online biochemistry course, I could see that the company took a lot of effort to pack innovative features to not only supplement the paper textbook but to advance what publishers can do for higher education. These advancements include dynamic quizzes, bookmark syncing, supplemental animations for individual topics/chapters, etc. It's really jam-packed with resources that are organized in an intuitive way. It's also a web-based platform. I didn't have any trouble accessing Connect through a PC or Mac which was nice. Customer service replied quickly and intelligently to any issues I had regarding subscription periods and key redemptions.

Inconvénients: The cost. I understand a considerable amount of investment is needed to curate and manage these online resources. But as schools are moving toward open source content in response to student backlash against rising textbook prices, it makes it more difficult to swallow an online subscription that will be gone compared to a physical textbook that can be resold. Granted - having the online component is much more convenient and an effective learning tool. But the price needs to come down.

MBA Program Book of Choice

Publié le 22/02/2019
Danielle M.
Recrutement, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The majority of my professors use this product for class. It provides an online book that is connected to assignments. One thing that I like is that it links the homework to the book, and depending on how the instructor sets it up, there are many help options to complete the questions. You can also go back and review your homework and the steps on how to solve each problem.

Inconvénients: I sometimes get locked out of the book or my homework. Aside from some minor tech glitches, I have no complaints.

Great Product

Publié le 27/09/2018
Richard S.
Blackboard Support and Services Manager
Enseignement supérieur, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: As a Blackboard Administrator, I deal with a lot of "Third Party Content", and of all the publishing companies I interact with, McGraw-Hill is one of the best. Robust online resources and seamless LMS integration make this product a winner. Add excellent customer service and tech support to the mix and you just can't go wrong!

Inconvénients: I wish that we had a greater variety of disciplines (subjects) from this publisher. However, this is more of a failing of our institution than of this product.