Keyshot is key to get the perfect shot ;)

Publié le 14/02/2019
Industrial Designer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, Keyshot is fantastic, and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone. The quality is astounding and can make your product look so good!

Avantages: I used Keyshot in school, and now in the startup I am working with. I have always found it to be the best rendering program I could get my hands on. It is easy enough to use that even beginners can get really cool renderings. I ended up getting the keyshot pro version because I felt like having the HDRI editor would be important to get more custom lighting environments. After using Keyshot over the last year, some of the features that I have really appreciated using in my workflow is the model sets and studios. As a designer I do a lot of iterations and so being able to make these different model sets and being able to switch between them quickly for comparison has been really valuable. The keyshot viewer software that goes along with that seems really useful for that too, though I haven't used it very much yet.

Inconvénients: You want to make sure you have a pretty powerful computer because it definitely takes a lot. I am running on a windows surface and it works it pretty hard. Sometimes it takes a little while for the renderings to be done, but it works. The only other issue I have had is sometimes when I click to open the render dialogue box, the software will just close/crash and I lose all of my work if I didn't save beforehand. I have lost a couple of projects that way. Of course I should always save often, but I wish they had some kind of recovery method or something.

Easy Product Rendering

Publié le 20/10/2018
Furniture Designer
Art, 2-10 employés

Commentaires: I

Avantages: The best thing about keyshot is how easy the interface is and how simple it is to find the tools and settings you're looking for. The rendering is rather quick and I love just being able to drop materials on to parts of my CAD model based on how it looks in the side bar, which shows the material rendered onto a round ball. The material then assigns in realtime so you can toggle between choices quickly instead of waiting for a high quality render and comparing that way.

Inconvénients: Sometimes will not quite understand your 3D geometry but for the most part does well with keeping the entire model structure together.

A very good program for product renderings.

Publié le 11/10/2018
Roberto maurizio P.
Founder & Creative Director
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Keyshot is perhaps one of the most immediate render creation programs. Over the years the quality level has increased considerably, offering the user new and effective features.

Inconvénients: Some problems with transparent materials and with the rendering of lights persist.

Fast and Friendly Rendering

Publié le 04/12/2018
Eric K.
Graphic Designer
Marketing et publicité, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I liked how easy it was to learn and use. There were also many online youtube videos to help with simple tasks.

Inconvénients: Not that great with fabrics, not GPU based rendering and better features added to version 8, but I am stuck on version 7 until I can make a use case for the upgrade.

Keyshot Rendering Review

Publié le 22/03/2019
Aravind narayanan N.
Animator
Animation, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I am a well trained animator come product visualizer.I used Key Shot software since 2015.I like the quality of Rendering and the simple interface of software .I did many product visualizing works using key Shot.and its well co operate with z brush.

Inconvénients: Rendering time.It Takes much rendering time than other rendering software but.giving us a mind blowing rendering output.

Very good for rendering products

Publié le 20/03/2019
Ruben B.
Proyectista
Exploitation minière et métaux, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Its a very cool software, with very cool results if making virtual stidio sessions of products is your thing

Avantages: What i like the most, was the intuitive interface that it have, and the parameters that covers

Inconvénients: when i use this, i was a little younger , and i needed tutorials and complementary info to operate the software, but it was a little too hard to find it for me

No fuzz, quick rendering solution

Publié le 22/02/2019
Pablo L.
Designer
Urbanisme et architecture, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: By far, the easiest solution for computer rendering software. No fumbling, setting up lights, position or extra details, just import the software add the textures and render. Regardless of this simplicity it doesnt lack in features or extra customization that may improve your results greatly.

Inconvénients: This tool is more focused on product rendering, so users looking for architectural or interior design solutions may not be happy with this software, although I've personally rendered interior spaces with great results.

One of the greatest software product for rendering 3D realistic models or objects

Publié le 10/11/2018
Larod T.
Music Composer
Design graphique, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I tried other products that promise the same level of quality and outlook, but they required a little bit more "Add ons" to give you your desired results. Keyshot made the difference with being able to work a little more exclusively within the program without additional Plugins. The program definitely helped in giving my projects a real world look, and vibe...nothing else comes close at the moment, at least not for me in my opinion.

Avantages: I like the fact that you can integrate certain files from similar programs, and work within Keyshot without any big issues overall. Also, I love the fact that you can wrap the virtual surroundings in any 360 photo environment, and have it reflect onto the contents the project...the realism is amazing!

Inconvénients: Honestly, it meets all my expectations and more but, the only thing that should be giving a boost is the animation options, but besides that, it's worth anyone's investment.

Incredible for rendering fast product options

Publié le 10/05/2019
Rafael eusebio B.
Independent Designer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I love it, it is a great tool to make fast and great quality renderings for clients to look at options with different materials/finishes.

Avantages: Very intuitive interface, all the materials (especially chrome, silver, gold, and all glass) are really high quality and rendering gives you photographic quality!

Inconvénients: It is perfect for small objects/products if you have a non-highend computer, rendering times are slow, on an average laptop, but manageable. No need for animation, so far but it would be great to have it.

Useful for fast rendering

Publié le 16/08/2018
Annapaola V.
Visual Designer
Design, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Keyshot has been very useful to me when i was a student and needed to quickly create images of my projects.

Avantages: Fast to learn program. It's easy to get quality results in rendering.

Inconvénients: When you start needing professional level features, you need to look for a more complicated program such as 3ds max

Great for 3D rendering

Publié le 16/07/2019
Brian W.
CEO/Designer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It has been nice for a few work projects, but it was too much to use for me in the long run.

Avantages: This is great for 3D product prototyping. It imitates a lot of features like a camera would.

Inconvénients: It costs a good amount to use the software and is not free like other 3D software out there.

Love it! Takes some time to learn.

Publié le 05/09/2018
Naman N.
Student
Design, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It’s a great software that is capable of beautiful renderings! With enough experience you can create photorealistic renderings that would fool anyone.

Inconvénients: Render times can be a bit slow depending on your computer but you can adjust settings so it doesn’t completely slave your computer.

Ok software for modeling and handling 3D

Publié le 19/04/2018
Sam D.
Assistant Professor of Photography
Enseignement supérieur, 1 001-5 000 employés
Support client

Avantages: I liked that it didn't take me long to become familiar with the functionality and use of this product.

Inconvénients: I am not a poweruser when it comes to 3D and maybe this is a great bit of software but we were using it to handle 3D models of cars coupled with backplate images in a teaching environment for photographers. There exists now other software options that might work better that you might already have on your desktop. Highly likely though that if 3D is your thing this might be a great software solution

Easy to use and gives real visualization of materials

Publié le 13/03/2019
Senior Engineer
Textile, 1 001-5 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Version d’essai gratuite
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Very good to use modeling real virtual models before practical applications.

Avantages: It is easy to pick and apply materials to each sub assembly parts as we want. Very good material library.

Inconvénients: It is some hard to rendering for general computers. When the model is get more complex, the machine can struct.

Can create some serious renderings

Publié le 28/08/2018
Hakeem N.
Lead Mechanical Engineer
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Great texture and surface finish options.
Able to hide components.

Inconvénients: Could add options to add spot lights and manipulate custom lighting.

I tried out this program to see it if would be useful for my design purposes.

Publié le 21/04/2018
Shelley H.
Artist
Support client

Avantages: I like that the free trial offers all of the features, so you can actually see if the program will be beneficial to you. I really like that it helps give clients a more realistic visual of my work.

Inconvénients: I don't like that it takes so much space on your computer, and is pretty slow to download to begin with. It is also way out my price range.