Avis clients sur DSRAZOR for Windows

4,6 /5
  • Service client
    4,9 /5

En savoir plus sur DSRAZOR for Windows

DSRAZOR File System Permissions Reporter vous fait gagner du temps et vous simplifie la tâche en évaluant les autorisations NTFS et en fournissant des rapports faciles à lire.

En savoir plus sur DSRAZOR for Windows

17 avis affichés

Rick P.
Assistant Technology Director
Gestion de l'enseignement, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 22/07/2019

"Exactly what we need"

Commentaires: The overall "bang for the buck" is a really good deal. I plan to continue as a customer for the long haul.

Avantages: With most software, if there is a feature I need or I need something changed to work better in our environment, I must submit a feature request and then hope it will be addressed, someday. However, anytime I need to do something that DSRAZOR doesn't quite do by default, I just submit a support request. Within a few hours, a freshly modified applet appears in my email, customized to our needs. Even though I have been a customer for years, I continue to be blown away by this amazing service.

Inconvénients: The design tool is rather clunky. However, since DSRAZOR tech support will modify any applet to my specifications, this isn't a huge deal. I really wish the applets could be run off a web server. It is a bit cumbersome to have to distribute executable files to our users.

• Publié le 22/07/2019
Siva P.
Senior IT Support Analysts
Automobile, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 22/06/2019

"Fit for our purpose"

Commentaires: Very good

Avantages: Ability to build almost any type of report

Inconvénients: Ability to custermize the Report template is limited

• Publié le 22/06/2019
Dana B.
Director of IT
Administration publique, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 18/06/2019

"DSRAZOR for Windows Review"

Commentaires: Overall, we are very pleased with the product. It is easy to use and a great benefit in generating reports that are required for auditing purposes. The flexibility to create new reports with those fields we need and want allowed us to setup routine reports to meet our needs.

Avantages: All the builtin reports that allow customization. This saves time rather than having to create them from scratch.

Inconvénients: Lack of training, but once we understood how it worked, it's easy to use.

Systems Engineer
Assurance, 201-500 employés

"DSRazor/CPTrax"

Commentaires: As a Florida domestic P&C provider we have an obligation to our insureds, partners & team members to ensure the confidentiality & integrity of our data. DSRAZOR & CPTRAX help us to achieve that goal by use of comprehensive logging and alerting measures that can record even an ATTEMPT to access or make unauthorized changes.

Avantages: The amount of data captured; every aspect of a change, delete or create to any file, folder, GPO or ADUC Object can be recorded.

Inconvénients: The setup could be easier on the end-user. The learning curve isn't too bad, but requires some investment.

Deborah T.
Network Administrator
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 17/07/2019

"Carthage Central School District"

Commentaires: Our school district, Carthage Central School District, has been a customer of Visual Click for many years! We originally started out using DSRAZOR for Novell and then moved to DSRAZOR for Microsoft about nine years ago. We are very pleased with the Microsoft helpdesk applet that was built for us. The applet keeps all Active Directory user maintenance in one place for our Helpdesk staff member. The Visual Click's support team is outstanding! When I request a change in our applet, I receive an updated applet usually with in hours. We are never left waiting for a response and are the support staff are eager make sure the applet is working correctly for our district. I would recommend Visual Click to any school district!

Avantages: -Active Directory user management in one place for our Helpdesk staff member
-Active Directory Applet easy to use
-Student Import Applet easy to use and saves us so much time!
-Applet can be modified quickly by support team
-Great Support Team!

Inconvénients: - Exchanging token keys each year and updating exe's with new tokens

Craig T.
Systems Network Analyst
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001-5 000 employés

"DSRazor"

Commentaires: DSRazor has been an excellent tool for us. One example: When a user changes their name, Microsoft's interface was lacking in the process. I had Visual Click create a DSRazor Applet that for me that after I renamed an email address and updated the first/last names in ADUC, it would update the user's samAccountName, update the user's profile path and rename the profile folder on the network share to match their samAccountName. Without this, the profile path and folder would retain the user's previous user name.

Avantages: The customer support is excellent. I have had made some difficult requests to support regarding the needs of organization has in order to make my life easier to manage Active Directory. Visual Click always finds a way to help me get my task completed with DSRazor.

Inconvénients: The user interface is very basic and simple which may be a turn off to some users who would prefer a more pleasing look to their GUI.

Russel B.
CIO
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 501-1 000 employés

"Modular"

Commentaires: We review group membership a lot as staff are always changing position and roles within the agency and we need to enforce our HIPAA polices and procedures. This tools make that enforcement easier to do without have to learn a lot of the power shell commands

Avantages: This product has a lot of report options that come in handy for day to day review of polices within the domain. We use them often to validate group membership, account and more

Inconvénients: In all the years that we have been using this application, I have not found anything that I consider a con.

Michael B.
Manager of Network Services
Gestion de l'enseignement, 501-1 000 employés

"extremely valuable"

Commentaires: We have fully automated active directory account updating.

Avantages: I love that support help or does any customization that may be required. Competitor's solutions charges fees for such changes. The Zero-Privilege tools are easy for anyone to learn to use.

Inconvénients: setting up zero-privilege tool requires tech support to help.

Ashlyn P.
Analyst
Armée, 10 000+ employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
    Sans note
  • Publié le 03/01/2020

"Very Fast!"

Commentaires: Love this system and am so glad that the organization that I work for uses it

Avantages: The software runs very quickly and I hardly ever have to wait long for anything. I’ve been using this system for almost two years and it still works great!

Inconvénients: Sometimes it’s hard to navigate through, but when I can’t find my way or need assistance, customer service is almost always helpful right away.

• Publié le 03/01/2020
Sheldon E.
Senior Support Analyst
Banque d’investissement, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 25/07/2019

"Cost Effective Reporting Tool"

Commentaires: I liked the product for reporting on our File Services ACL. The greatest value I received from DSRAZOR is the support. They can write you a customized report for your specific needs. A great service and time saver!

Avantages: The tool was simple to use and it pulls the necessary data required for my job.

Inconvénients: The interface of DSRAZOR I thought could be more intuitive.

• Publié le 25/07/2019
Alan K.
Sr. Network Administrator
Administration publique, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 16/07/2019

"DSRazor for Windows - easy to use and customize"

Commentaires: We have been using this for years for both Help Desk functions as well as Reporting purposes. It is inexpensive yet highly scalable and customizable for our environment.

Avantages: - Works in environment right "out of the box"
- Highly customizable - applets can be tailored and new applets written
- Fast and responsive customer service

Inconvénients: While customization of applets on your own is possible, it requires a great deal of knowledge. It would be nice if there was a modular interface that you could apply to all applets automatically such as start all browsing in "Domain X, Organizational Unit Y".

• Publié le 16/07/2019
Samuel L.
System Analyst III
Administration publique, 1 001-5 000 employés

"DSRAZOR for Windows"

Avantages: easy to use and timely/knowledgeble support

Inconvénients: maintenance kind of confusing for different apps

Scott L.
Information Security Officer
Services financiers, 201-500 employés

"Excellent Product!"

Commentaires: I would recommend this application to any busy IT administrator, especially those that go through audits and exams for regulatory purposes. There is support is VERY responsive and super quick to help. If you need a report to do x-y-z and it is not in their canned reports, all it takes is an email to their support and they send you the report back pronto. How great is that! I highly recommend this application.

Avantages: The software has many features that will allow an IT administrator to pull data from their Active Directory and place into a specified report. The software is easy to install and it has sure saved me a ton of time when needing sorted data fast. Our auditors love this application as we can pull data automatically and not have to rely on human intervention. The cost is really reasonable as well.

Inconvénients: Creating specific reports can be a little confusing.

Tony R.
IT Systems Supervisor
Administration publique, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 21/06/2019

"Helped with our IT security posture."

Avantages: This software is great, because it allows us to know where our data goes and why. If a user deletes a file, or if a file goes missing, we have the ability to do some forensics to find out exactly what happened.

Inconvénients: None at this time.

• Publié le 21/06/2019
Han T.
System Administrator III
Enseignement supérieur, 10 000+ employés
  • Publié le 19/06/2019

"Solid product. Remarkable support. Excellent value."

Avantages: Ease of use. Customizability. And most important of all, the excellent support offered for product. The level of support is remarkable.

Inconvénients: Dated interface. However, will take rock solid reliability over any improvement in interface.

Grant B.
Lead Systems Administrator
Services et technologies de l'information, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 14/06/2019

"DSRAZOR is great"

Avantages: extremely easy to use, support is a huge value for the price.

Inconvénients: interface could be updated to be more modern, but this is a very minor issue.

• Publié le 14/06/2019
Stephen G.
SVP/Chief Technology Officer
Services financiers, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 17/07/2019

"Best comprehensive Active Directory reporting tool."

Commentaires: Now have the ability to report on any aspect of our AD environment.

Avantages: This software allows us to develop the reports that our auditors and examiners want to see. Very easy to use. Tech support is awesome about helping you develop reports that you need but might not be included.

Inconvénients: Can't really think of any cons. The software is very straight forward.