4.7/5
    4.7/5
  • Service client

En savoir plus sur Katana

Application de gestion de la production et des stocks simple et visuelle, conçue pour les fabricants, artisans et fabricants vendant en ligne (par exemple, Shopify)

En savoir plus sur Katana

43 avis affichés

Gaz R.
Co-Founder
  • Publié le 28/06/2018

"I learned this product by using it; few hints from the online help. I decided on day one to keep it"

Commentaires: I can now run my business without spreadsheet hell. I can actually make more product. This is not an exaggeration. I was stressed before using this software. I actually could not work out what I needed to order to satisfy our production demands.

Avantages: It answers my questions easily, what purchase orders do I need to make to satisfy the orders I have coming in. What should I work on next and when will it be ready for the customer! I can see delays in deliveries and the effect on production. It manages very complex bill of materials for our vast number of products. and it does so with a user experience that is simple and easy.

Inconvénients: Where there has been anything I didn't like about the software, I chat instantly to the development team and they listen, they come back to me with an instant work around; then in the longer term they have provided updates that fix the problem. They are an adorable bunch of people and really want to make this work for our busy little workshop.

envoyé par Katana MRP le 09/09/2019

Thank you Gaz for all the support!

• Publié le 28/06/2018
Lisa C.
  • Publié le 06/02/2020

"Met our needs at beginning, as needs grew Katana team listened and added features"

Commentaires: We maintain about 1500-2000 SKUS and all assemblers work at home. Some do different steps, returning work weekly and then having it distributed to the next person. Giving every MO an actual number has kept every bag of parts and supplies organized. We can track who has it, where it's at in the manufacturing process, etc. Even though we have used Katana since January, it's the last 3 months that it's really proven it's value to us. We do not use it for order fulfillment, just in-house manufacturing. But it's allowed us to prep for holiday season from July forward and stay completely organized and efficient. No more "where-did-it-go" or "how-many-have-we-prepped" frantic moments. We began the year knowing we needed a software that "fit" our company's size and our needs. Katana has proven invaluable for our company this year. We are currently doing our first complete inventory and we hope to add these numbers to Katana in 2020 and continue to improve our efficiency.

Avantages: The ability to use Resources as a way to assign a specific person to each task so I can see who is working on what step of the manufacturing process and the allotted time they are provided for the task. This year we went from contract labor/paid-per-piece to employees/hourly-wage and Katana has made this a much smoother transition then it could have been. Having both "cost-per-piece" for assembly of items as well as "cost-per-minute" has given us the ability to compare former payment procedures with what to expect per hour from employees.

Inconvénients: There are a variety of tasks that were unable to be done when we began using Katana in January 2019 but I am thrilled to say that most of them have been developed. The developers listen and are very attentive to requests, bug reports, and ideas and so despite the fact that some of the features were not available (exporting reports, importing recipes, bulk print MOs/pick lists, etc.) they have added these and the software continues to grow. The next feature I'd love to see is the ability to have a product photo attached to each product that prints out an image with the MO. Also, we have some items "on hold" (not sent to distribution center yet) and we use Resources to specify ONHOLD-BIN221 etc. to know the status of any particular SKU completed. We'd prefer not to use different locations, but rather have the ability to add a couple more "status" options. Either a misc or a custom. For now, everything on hold gets marked BLOCKED status and then the Resource is used to say it's on hold in whatever bin.

envoyé par Katana MRP le 07/02/2020

Thank you for very thorough feedback! Love to have you growing with us!

• Publié le 06/02/2020
Brandon K.
Électronique grand public, 2-10 employés
    Sans note
  • Publié le 09/02/2020

"Perfect for where we're at right now"

Commentaires: We chose Katana after trying out a couple different MRP's which were either overly complex, over-priced, or didn't fit our needs. We've stuck with Katana based on it's ease-of-use, intuitive design, and delivery of everything we need it to do.

Avantages: It's great to be able to log in on any computer without having to install software, and it's done an amazing job of keeping our inventory tidy and up-to-date. The Purchase Order generator has also made us look very professional to our suppliers. The integration with Shopify is also a huge plus to us as it prevents us from having to manually transfer Shopify orders and automatically removes all parts from the BOM from our inventory. Highly recommended!

Inconvénients: There aren't many, if any things we've come up against yet that Katana didn't support.

envoyé par Katana MRP le 13/02/2020

• Publié le 09/02/2020
Founder and CEO
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Essai gratuit
  • Source : GetApp
  • Publié le 05/09/2019

"I dont understand all the great reviews"

Avantages: The interface is intuitive. The pricing seems okay.

Inconvénients: This software is seriously lacking features. For all those who wrote reviews saying they love the software, I want to know what industry they work in and how they use the app. It doesnt offer very basic features. You can't bulk edit, you literally need to upload an excel sheet if you want to change several products. There are no images for your products. How does it not support images? This is basic database stuff. And currently, you can only manufacture items from one location! Who's rating this software as great?!

envoyé par Katana MRP le 30/09/2019

As a fast growing software, we understand the concerns you have with Katana. At our current development speed, all of the mentioned lacking features are made available by the end of this year. Hope you will give us another chance!

• Source : GetApp
Danielle D.
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 27/01/2020

"Helped Us Take Our Business to the Next Level"

Avantages: Clean interface, well organized and thought out and modern in its features. Integrates well with lots of other software I use, including Quickbooks and Shopify. Customer service is absolutely top notch, and the tutorials are very helpful.

Inconvénients: If you have zero experience with MRPs like I did, it may take you a little while to figure everything out. But the customer service team really goes above and beyond to answer any questions and walk you through anything you're having issues with. If there was one feature I wish was available that is not currently, it's barcode scanner integration. That would make updating my inventory and adding new knives to inventory much easier.

envoyé par Katana MRP le 30/01/2020

Thank you for the review and support! We are surely working on enabling barcode scanning soon.

• Publié le 27/01/2020
Andrew D.
Techinical Director
Produits chimiques, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 31/01/2020

"A nessecary tool"

Commentaires: Mainly we have had a good experience, the system is updated to try and make it fit every company model.
It has helped me monitor our business and stock levels closely, you just have to make sure it is kept up to date so that it accurately reflects your current stock levels.

Avantages: Helps keep track of work stock if used correctly. Updated regulary. We had an issue where there was not enough decimal places for us to input our formulas, we raised this issue and within a month it was fixed. Allows me to quickly find out a customers purchasing history and the percentage profit made per product

Inconvénients: My only issue is that it is slightly expensive for a small company.

envoyé par Katana MRP le 10/02/2020

• Publié le 31/01/2020
Julie M.
Production Manager
  • Publié le 22/01/2020

"Easy to use, helps tremendously with inventory management."

Commentaires: Inventory management, orders, sales, everything in general.

Avantages: The dashboard is simple to understand and use. It makes purchases, sells, orders so much easier to manage. The team behind Katana is exceptional. They are quick to answer and always ready to help. Integration from shopify was easy.

Inconvénients: The length of time it took to setup in the beginning because the app was lacking a unit conversion which they have since fixed.

envoyé par Katana MRP le 23/01/2020

THank you for the feedback and happy to hear Katana has made business-life so much more easier for you!

Zach S.
  • Publié le 21/01/2020

"Incredible product and support"

Avantages: We tried several ERP systems for our manufacturing business without a lot of luck. Katana, without question, is one of the best and more affordable options we've come across. Coupled with their incredible support, we wouldn't recommend anything else.

Inconvénients: While they're super responsive to feature requests, Katana doesn't include an API or Hook.

envoyé par Katana MRP le 22/01/2020

Thank you for your review! We will be working on opening an API very soon.

Zach D.
  • Publié le 21/01/2020

"Great Value for Small Manufacturing Businesses"

Commentaires: The overall experience has been a positive one. It does well what is promised, and the support team is helpful while also listening to feedback for future improvements.

Avantages: The price makes Katana most attractive. It is also intuitive to set up and use. Katana also provided helpful onboarding assistance.

Inconvénients: The software is a bit limited with respect to features for or customization of PO's.

envoyé par Katana MRP le 22/01/2020

Thank you for reviewing Katana!

Winston D.
COO
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 23/01/2020

"Katana "

Commentaires: Katana have changed how we look at our stock management as well as our manufacturing.
A lot of the small important things were neglected in the past like wastage management. We can know give the subcontractor near accurate qty's and amounts of what was wasted on a batch.
Overall visibillity of the stock as well as the manufacturing process have improved.
We are very happy with the overall functionality of Katana.

Avantages: The fact that Katana is always available and so easy to navigate with saves time.
Our requests for new features like back order handling, serial number tracking and multi currency and warehousing some of them already implemented and some coming soon.
The fact that we response fairly quickly on questions that we have submitted.

Inconvénients: It was probably moving over from a well known package like Pastel Evolution to something not familiar to me; but the transition was seamless.

envoyé par Katana MRP le 24/01/2020

Happy to hear your feedback and that the transition has gone well!

• Publié le 23/01/2020
Ellowyn I.
Biens de consommation, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 06/09/2019

"Great choice for small manufacturer"

Commentaires: I tried several different MRPs before settling with Katana. Some were too clunky, others too expensive, complicated and elaborate. I felt a bit like Goldilocks. Katana was just right. Reasonably priced. Integrating with Quickbooks and Shopify was simple and efficient. The set up was fast. I no longer have to duplicate data entry onto multiple systems. This saves me times and I don't lose track of orders or inventory. I especially like the instant chat feature with their customer service reps. I can leave a quick message or screenshot of a problem and within a day or so, I have a response back and my problem resolved. No need to hire an expensive consultant, anyone could set up Katana and run it.

Avantages: Very simple user-interface
Was able to set it up quickly and efficiently
Continual feature upgrades
Simple integration with Shopify & QuickBooks
Very responsive customer service
Detailed, but not overwhelming

Inconvénients: The upload from Excel was clunky and not helpful. It was faster to just enter in the data directly.
There are features I look forward to having but that are not currently available. I know their team will be releasing them in the next year.

• Publié le 06/09/2019
Chris P.
Manufacturing Manager
Énergies renouvelables et environnement, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 09/09/2019

"Most affordable MRP system for small manufacturers"

Commentaires: Katana has been extremely responsive with receiving feedback on the product and working in product improvements based on that feedback. There have already been multiple issues I had with the product early on that they have reacted to feedback on and implemented changes. Great customer service.

Avantages: I love the value. We were stuck using excel to manage our inventory for a long time because there were no affordable options until Katana came along. I am able to maintain accurate stock levels much more easily now.

Inconvénients: There are a few minor inconveniences that are small time wasters. One example is not being able to shift/ctrl click multiple items and drag them around as a group when reorganizing priority rank of manufacturing orders. Since we have multilevel subassemblies I spend more time dragging around manufacturing orders to organize the order I want them completed in and I could save some time if I could drag items around as a group.

envoyé par Katana MRP le 10/09/2019

Chris, thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!

Shawn L.
Owner/ Head of Operations
Production alimentaire, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 09/09/2019

"Inventory and Sales Simplified"

Commentaires: Excellent. Everything about using Katana has been great. The team there walked me through the product and helped me set it up. They answer questions quickly and personally. The product is as-described and thoroughly game-changing for my business. There is strong value, we have much less waste and mistakes in our ordering now.

Avantages: I love the deep inventory tracking and that it feels like a modern app. Inventory software is typically painful to use, and Katana is a breeze. I love that Shopify sales are automatically imported and function live with Shopify, so when you fulfil an order in Shopify it automatically fulfils it in Katana. The Quickbooks integration makes generating invoices simple. You only have to do things once when you use Katana, there's no need to fill in the same info in different services over and over. Tracking inventory in Katana in multiple locations, and being able to include the ingredients of each product in the tracking is also a plus.

Inconvénients: When creating purchase orders, it can generate a Bill in Quickbooks. This is helpful, however I'd love to be able to create a Purchase Order in QB so that I can simply track them all.

envoyé par Katana MRP le 10/09/2019

Glad to hear your feedback on Katana! Let's keep on growing together!

Kyle K.
Bijoux et produits de luxe, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 05/09/2019

"Streamline Any Business With KATANA"

Commentaires: The customer service is honestly the best customer service I have ever experienced. They are quick to respond, clear at explaining, very knowledgeable of the software, and great to work with. Rep even made me videos walking me through the parts of the process that were hanging me up.

Avantages: The ability to streamline production, inventory and invoicing is a huge time saver and really helps with organization. I feel it is a great value for the money that you are spending and it

Inconvénients: There is quite a bit of setup to get everything up and running and everything really functions together. This is not Katana's fault and they really have made it easy. Once everything (materials, products, production recipes) are set up, it runs like a charm.

envoyé par Katana MRP le 09/09/2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

David B.
Automobile, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 12/11/2019

"Katana for manufacturing"

Commentaires: Lots of potential Katana, it a emerging system sure it doesn't have the xero integration in play atm but like my own business Katana is also growing so I like that I have partner with a operating system that going through similar growing pains as we are. if you have a manufacturing process you wish to have better control of I recommend exploring this system.

Avantages: I have been operating my business using excel, xero, monday.com and email. After searching for a system that could centralise my focus I came across Katana which in essence consolidates all the previous mentioned systems into one interface which saves me a tonne of time. secondly the customer support, I have had a lengthy skype call with Hannes who is a founder of Katana where by he provided a demo session of how the software will be suitable for my business needs. I really valued to the bespoke service which ensured I got off to the right start.

Inconvénients: The intergration to Xero is in development but this has been the most noteable con to date, that said Katana is working on this and it should be available shortly

envoyé par Katana MRP le 14/11/2019

Thank you David for sharing your experience we are happy to grow with you!

• Publié le 12/11/2019
Lucille S.
Co-Founder
Cosmétiques, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 24/09/2019

"A must for any manufacturing startup"

Commentaires: Katana has been an absolute game changer for our cosmetics manufacturing business. Prior to this, we were using an inventory management system more suited to home crafters. It was woefully inadequate for our needs, but traditional MPR software was too complicated and expensive. Katana offers the perfect balance between powerful, seamless tracking and a user-friendly interface. It saves us hours of planning time each week and has greatly reduced errors. There's no way we'd be able to scale our quickly-growing business without this software.

Avantages: Intuitive, user-friendly interface and powerful, seamless inventory tracking.

Inconvénients: We don't like the per-user pricing model.

envoyé par Katana MRP le 30/09/2019

Thank you for showing the love!

• Publié le 24/09/2019
Alexander A.
Head of Technology & Logistics
Impression, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 09/09/2019

"Perfect choice for small manufacturing company"

Commentaires: We are a starting up printing company which has been looking for a fast learning curve solution to manage our manufacturing and supply chain data. Katana turned out to be a perfect match for us.

Avantages: + Simplicity. Probably most intuitive specialized software I've used.
+ Price structure. Very affordable for us.
+ Customer support.

Inconvénients: - Lack of some "nice to have features". But, it's another side of simplicity and affordability, right?

envoyé par Katana MRP le 10/09/2019

Thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!

Alejandro R.
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Essai gratuit
  • Publié le 09/10/2019

"The software we've been searching for!"

Commentaires: Katana makes it easy to take our manufacturing to a new level by adding structure that will end up saving time and ultimately saving money.

Avantages: Easy to use, flows and clear path to implementation.

Inconvénients: Would like to see Multi-languages and currency options.

envoyé par Katana MRP le 10/10/2019

• Publié le 09/10/2019
Valentina U.
Production alimentaire, 2-10 employés

"Katana"

Commentaires: It's been really helpful to keep track of our production and inventory. Once was very useful to check out margins considering operation, but this info got confused at some point, so we are trying to resolve it so we can once again trust what appears on the software.

Avantages: It's really easy to setup and use. It gives you just the right information about your products and the automatization of any changes you make in processes is very useful and convenient.

Inconvénients: I've encounter a lot of bugs that are quickly fixed, but interfere with projects and daily work. The margins and costs info is a little untrustworthy and hard to read when looking for errors.
The software doesn't consider quantity of people actually making the production, only hours, so if we work with extra hands is really hard to setup time lines for our weekly throughout.

envoyé par Katana MRP le 22/01/2020

Thank you for the feedback! I can assure we are constantly working on having less errors on daily basis!

Paddy W.
Inventory Manager
Vente au détail, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 21/01/2020

"Great software with an amazing user interface"

Avantages: - User interface
- Ease of use
- Set up was straight forward

Inconvénients: - Lacking a few features but they are expanding and often adding new features

envoyé par Katana MRP le 22/01/2020

Thank you for the review. And, indeed, we are on weekly basis adding new features :)

Colm H.
director
Production alimentaire, 13-50 employés

"MRP for sme's"

Commentaires: This software has been a great leap forward for us from an excel based system and it is easy to use. using this system (< 6 months, Jan 2020) we have already seen improvements in planning production, stock control and costings.

Avantages: The Katana MRP interface is very easy to use and the steps are logical with help integrated into each section. The access to the knowledge base is good and the support team are efficient.

Inconvénients: This is a relatively new software system (a couple of years old) and it is still rolling out new features, so my only (minor) point is that they don't have every aspect I need for my business and the cost for extra users is a little higher than I would have liked.

envoyé par Katana MRP le 30/01/2020

Thank you for the review! Indeed, we are rolling out new features on weekly basis and closing the gap between Katana and perfection.

Robert D.
Managing Director
Produits chimiques, 2-10 employés

"Easy To Use"

Commentaires: Before Katana we had our inventory and orders etc in different spreadsheets and systems. we where always miscalculating what stock we had and had to double and some times triple entry on all. we discovered Katana and now its all in the one system that is easy to use.

Avantages: it is very simple to use and helpful to have all the information in the one spot

Inconvénients: i cannot think of anything that i did not like

envoyé par Katana MRP le 22/01/2020

Thank you for the feedback and kind words!

Justin C.
CEO + Founder
Verre, céramique et béton, 2-10 employés

"Katana"

Avantages: Ease of use with material inventory and production task management.

Inconvénients: Katana pulls order information from Shopify, and the info as it appears in Katana is always rearranged and never in the same order.

envoyé par Katana MRP le 30/01/2020

Thank you for the review! Regarding Shopify orders appearance - just wanted to let you know we are working to improve the user experience on this!

Robert M.

"Katana"

Commentaires: Workflow was a problem for us as was keeping track of raw materials - Katana solved both of these on day one!

Avantages: The ease of setup to a non-ERP user was great and support team always willing to help

Inconvénients: Minor enhancements like customising documents produced and report Paramus/filters neon saved

envoyé par Katana MRP le 23/01/2020

Laszlo G.
Logiciels, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 13/09/2019

"User friendly inventory and manufacturing management solution for small companies"

Avantages: The best thing about Katana is that you can follow the whole process of manufacturing. We have tried many similar softwares but they usually lack some crucial components in the manufacturing pipeline. The user interface is extremely easy to use, and their customer support is extraordinary, too.

Inconvénients: It is quite costly, but it is definitely worth the price.

envoyé par Katana MRP le 16/09/2019

Thank you for the kind feedback! We always try to provide more value for money and Katana's features keep evolving in time to make an even better impact on your manufacturing and inventory operations.

• Publié le 13/09/2019