I don't start a new software project without installing Forest Admin anymore

Publié le 09/07/2019
Laurent V.
Logiciels, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Forest Admin lets a tech team provide a fully functional back-office to their operations team in seconds.

Avantages: This software has been part of my default stack for any new software project since I discovered it 3 years ago, while it was still in early development.
Our operations team at Briq use it daily to answer questions and solve customer issues.
The Forest support team is super responsive. The product improves daily and they listen a lot to customers for feature requests.
Contrary to what happens with a custom coded admin interface, Forest Admin allows us to offer a splendid experience to our operations team without investing too much resources. Even better, thanks to Forest Admin, our admin interface becomes better over time while our developers can focus on customer facing improvements.

Inconvénients: Forest is super customizable so you can achieve almost anything by coding a custom Smart Action/View/Collection/... but I would really like some bulk editing capabilities to be added out of the box.

envoyé par Forest le 16/07/2019

Thank you, Laurent, for helping us to improve our product! Being able to bulk edit records out of the box is indeed a great feature. Let me add this to our product roadmap .

Happy Engineer!

Publié le 25/07/2019
Maddison C.
Software Engineer
Marketing et publicité, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My experience with Forest Admin has been spectacular. While exploring Forest Admin as a potential option for my company roughly a year or so ago, I was given prompt answers to any questions that I had. I was even able to talk with an engineer from Forest over a phone call for direct technical answers.

Avantages: How plug and play it is. We have a Postgres DB and had absolutely no issues with setting up our development and production environments. A CMS that would have taken us months to build was available to us in minutes!

Inconvénients: Another team at my company was unable to use this software because their DB instances were spread out amongst different AWS regions. As far as we could tell, Forest Admin could not support that sort of DB architecture.

envoyé par Forest le 14/10/2019

Thank you so much for your review Maddison!! We're thrilled to be able to bring value to ThriveHive's team.

We strive to getting each and every of our customers prime support to maximize your input over a short period of time and hope our community brings this level of proximity one step closer!

Excellent dashboard for mongoose users

Oren Z.
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great, some of the layout design is hard to learn, but once you get used to it this dashboard is a very powerful tool.

Avantages: Very easy to plug-in. Very useful by the non-programmers in our team that could not handle alternative solutions like robo3t.

Inconvénients: Smart views require knowledge in Ember - not a very common platform. My team would like to see something like "React" in the future.
Pre-save mongoose hooks are ignored by forestadmin "save" operations.
There should be an option to download and save layouts (maybe as json files?) and configure the dashboard to automatically load the layout on reboot, so for example when I release a staging version to production, the production layout will be updated automatically.

envoyé par Forest le 07/06/2019

Thanks a lot for your review! We indeed aim to also empower non-programmers in your team.

Regarding the Smart Views, we are working to be able to support React as a platform soon! We will reach out to you for your feedback for your insights are very valuable.

Forest Admin : great for start ups !

Julie M.
Internet, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I can manage my website users, the ads and sales creations. forest is like the "skeleton" of my website !

Avantages: It's easy to use, especially if you're not a developper ! And I know what I'm talking about :) You can configure it regarding your needs (or ask your dev to do it for you) It is RELIABLE and the latest upgrades where useful

Inconvénients: The admin panel could be a bit more beautiful and cheerful but at least it's clear. I would sometimes need to ad new photos in the existing sales but I don't know how to do it because it's not a file but a code line...

Thanks a lot Julie!

With our large free offering and dynamic pricing, we indeed try to be a go-to partner for both side-projects and startups and growing scale-ups.

Great Experience

Chris W.
Operations Specialist
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have really enjoyed my experience with forest admin. I have been continuously amazed by how easy it is to adapt the program to my needs. I feel like I have tried and will continue to try new ways of sorting and collecting my data, just because it is so simple.

Avantages: Program scales very well, we have gone from a few local users to 30+ with some working remotely and there has never been an issue.
Integration through the API is incredibly easy and the examples available through the help and community are a life saver.

Inconvénients: It would be really nice if I could link a collaboration note between multiple data environments. It may ultimately be possible to do this, but I have not been able to figure it out.

Hey Chris,

Thanks a lot for your review! We really aim to partner with you early on and scale with you. We know that integrating your own business logic is key to success!

So powerful !

Alice R.
Head of Acquisition
Services environnementaux, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Our business is quite special because you buy (and not sell) products. Lots of softwares are available but Forest is the only one you can shape for your needs, even if they are really specific. It can adapt to any situation.

Avantages: You can achieve so much in a short time ! We organized our data base and created smart actions on the first day !

Inconvénients: Even it's really user firendly, you need to know a lot about coding before starting.
Also, the dashboard section does not allow you to duplicate in an easy way your reports.

Hey Alice,

Thanks a lot for your review. It means a lot to us that you are happy and empowered.

Gold Standard

Customer Success Manager
Services financiers, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: How versatile and flexible Forest can be!

Inconvénients: With lots of flexibility, sometimes it can be difficult to find the right information at the right time. I'm sure the UI/UX will continue to be improved in the future, though!

envoyé par Forest le 07/06/2019

Thanks a lot for your review! Means a lot that you like the versatility of the platform. The aim is indeed to become the admin golden standard.

I will never develop another backoffice

Publié le 02/07/2019
Arthur L.
Divertissement, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It's so easy to get started, it just scan your database and it's ready for use.

Inconvénients: Still missing a few features, but Forest roadmap is public, you can upvote the next features you need.

envoyé par Forest le 14/10/2019

Very nice of you Arthur! Always a pleasure to see customers convinced that they'll never have to develop an admin panel ever again after using Forest Admin!

For those who wander, here's the link to the public roadmap: https://portal.productboard.com/forestadmin/1-forest-admin-product-roadmap

Excellent software

Jessica F.
Marketing Coordinator
Loisirs, voyage et tourisme, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The simplicity of setting up Forest to be tailored to your specific needs. It's straightforward for non-developers to use, works quickly and any issues are resolved speedily. One of the best systems I've used.

Inconvénients: The font sizing is a tad small, but nothing that can't be solved with a zoom.

envoyé par Forest le 14/10/2019

Thank you so much for your review Jessica! Happy to see that Forest Admin is helping Day Out With The Kids provide aventures for kids and their family in the UK!

Feedback regarding our font sizing has been logged and shared with our product team btw :)

Great expierence

Publié le 03/10/2018
Jacob C.
Head of Product
Gestion de l'enseignement, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: For my operationally intense company, I needed a tool for the different teams to be able to access the core data of our platform, and make workflows without burdening the development team.

Avantages: It is just amazing that I can just plug Forest onto my database and instantly get a back-office that would take my months to develop myself.

Inconvénients: There are some features that could be refined such as for instance the approval workflow, but the team is really reactive on these matters.

envoyé par Forest le 07/06/2019

Thanks a lot for your review! Great to read that you are a fan of Forest Admin.

Promising solution for an admin panel

Publié le 22/12/2018
Yoran B.
Co-founder & CTO
Logiciels, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Forest has become an important tool in the day-to-day workflow of our company. It's a shame there are some technical issues but I'm confident they can fix those.

Avantages: For one, the zero-configuration is awesome. In our case, we installed the gem into our Rails app and the interface was immediately populated with all the records in our app. Secondly, the smart actions provide invaluable customization that has become crucial for the productivity of our support team. Those two are the biggest strengths of Forest.

Inconvénients: Technically the platform is somewhat unstable. Small things break fairly often and also the user interface does not feel smooth. I expect them to iron out those things in the future.

envoyé par Forest le 07/06/2019

Thanks a lot Yoran for your review! That instant wow effect is indeed something we aim for. The past few months we managed to significantly improve the stability of the platform - hope you like it!

Save time and resources - focus on your product, not it's back office

Publié le 30/06/2019
Ilya T.
Engineering manager
Services financiers, 13-50 employés

Avantages: Easy setup
Great built-in features like segments, smart views
Nice UI, easy to easy for the non-tech staff
Helpful support people on email and Slack

Inconvénients: No mobile view
No tagging of objects (a feature many need)
Collaboration/Activity is really basic
The new UI lacks colour contrast

envoyé par Forest le 02/07/2019

Hey Ilya, thanks for the review! Glad to hear to Forest helps you save time and ressources. Mobile support is definitely on our roadmap.

Forest Admin review

Publié le 17/06/2019
Yotam K.
Engineer
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Really great. Works well, and for every issue I found they either had solution ready or at the process of addressing it internally and reporting back on a fix.

Avantages: Easy of use, features and support.
They really identified a crucial need and offers a real solution.

Inconvénients: It is a complex system and still going through stabilization processes.
I can definitely see it in 6 months time reaching a solid state of performance where all the issues have been cleared out and it just works out of the box regardless of your setup.
Must admit that it is already kinda there, depends on the specifics of your setup you might find yourself hitting some issues but the support offered by them is second to none.

envoyé par Forest le 14/10/2019

Thanks Yotam for your review! We now provide a dedicated on-boarding support for projects like yours in order to make sure we get you up and running in no time and using Forest Admin at its maximum potential! Learn more about this program here: https://www.forestadmin.com/14-day-onboarding/

Easy to set up and use

Brieuc L.
Ops Manager
Internet, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Working alone on an app, I don't have the time to develop a back office and it helps me monitor how it's used.

Avantages: -ease of setting up
-no need to develop a back-office
-easy charts and dashboards

Inconvénients: -had an issue with a table of my database not working, still haven't figured out why and the support was not very helpful

envoyé par Forest le 14/10/2019

Thanks for your review Brieuc! I can see that our newly launched Slack community helped you solve your issue!

Really great to see that Forest Admin can also be used on a more isolated use cases in a company like A/B Tasty!

Excellent set up for our company

Publié le 04/07/2019
Jonathon B.
Co-founder
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's saved us a ton of time vs building our own dashboard!

Avantages: Easy to get started, gives us a great visualisation on our data and allows non technical staff to view and edit data.

Inconvénients: For us on MongoDB at least, you have to set up the relationships between your data manually, which means you have to add code. The graphs and views are a little restrictive for our needs.

envoyé par Forest le 14/10/2019

Thanks a lot for your positive feedback and glad to hear we helped you save time! We've actually documented how to set up the relationship to help you get up and running quicker: https://docs.forestadmin.com/documentation/reference-guide/relationships#adding-relationships

Practice software

Publié le 09/07/2019
Saad L.
Ops & Business Analyst
Transport routier/ferroviaire, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's a good experience for me like a Ops and business analyst sometimes i need a short list to check some information with another tools, that's why i like all the possibilities of filters in Forest

Avantages: it's easy to use and the possibility of using a lot of filters

Inconvénients: some crash when i want to export a list of users.

envoyé par Forest le 12/07/2019

Hey Saad, thanks for the review! We'd love to learn more about your exports issues and fix this asap. I'll send you a link to our join our community to investigate this :).

Great software for tracking KPIs

Publié le 11/07/2019
Michael L.
Business Development
Logiciels, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Data capturing, exporting and manipulation

Inconvénients: Limited simplified calculation/formatting options for dashboard results

envoyé par Forest le 14/10/2019

Delighted to hear your positive feedback Michael! Also great to see that the community version works for you to track KPIs :)

Forest Admin is a nice back office tool

Publié le 03/07/2019
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Good tool to let team members browse data and use some small functions as a UI for internal tools.

Avantages: Can host my own API so I can limit the API behind VPN.
Smart action allows extension of functions easily.

Inconvénients: Login (especially Google SSO) seems a bit erratic at times. Need to input password even after Google SSO.

Great product

Publié le 13/07/2019
Shai A.
Co-Founder & CTO
Jeux vidéos, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Integration with sequelize. Ease of use.

Inconvénients: The high price of the paid tiers.
Better mobile support

envoyé par Forest le 14/10/2019

Thanks for your review Shai! Stoked to see you've been using our Community version and that you're happy with it!

Great start for startups

Publié le 10/07/2019
Paolo M.
mobile advisor
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I saved a lot of time to make a dashboard for metrics for investors without coding

Inconvénients: Making complex views is not possible, but is a good start to save a good amount of time

envoyé par Forest le 14/10/2019

Thanks Paolo for your review! Super stoked to hear that you were able to use Forest Admin to build dashboard for your startup investors!

Awesome product

Publié le 08/08/2019
David I.
Founder and CEO
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Ease of setup and how seamless the integration into our current product was

Inconvénients: Nothing has been observed so far , we are still testing

envoyé par Forest le 14/10/2019

Thank you for your review David! Pleased to hear how smoothly the integration went for you!