Avis clients sur IDrive

En savoir plus sur IDrive

Solution polyvalente offrant une sauvegarde pour plusieurs appareils, y compris des serveurs et des appareils mobiles, via un seul compte.

En savoir plus sur IDrive

It can be used across multiple platforms. It integrates well with multiple hardware, software and operating systems.

Idrive states that it is compatible with Linux. It is, however, there is no program to install, only a series of Perl scripts.

IDrive - Notes

IDrive a reçu une note globale de 4,6 étoiles sur 5 d'après 533 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé IDrive ?

Sandi
Santé, bien-être et fitness, Auto-entrepreneur

Wow! Impressed!

5,0 il y a 6 mois
Sous-titres en français disponibles pour la vidéo
Maxime
Projectionniste (R.-U.)
Divertissement, 11-50 employés

Love it

5,0 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : Je n'arrive pas à sauvegarder mes drive ma connexion est trop lente là où je suis mais chez moi j'ai un gigabit par seconde

Cheap concernant larg Space.

Difficile de faire marcher avec une connexion lente

Richard
Richard
IT Business Growth Expert (R.-U.)
Logiciels, 2-10 employés

Easy to configure on a Synology NAS to backup to the Cloud

5,0 il y a 10 mois

Commentaires : This was an excellent experience, from signing up to installing -- the whole process took hardly any time.

I loved the fact that there is a native app available for our Synology DS220+ NAS. This app made installing and backing up our data very simple.

It's mildly irritating to have to login to iDrive from the Synology dashboard each time I visit the status page.

Dario
Solution architect (Croatie)
Télécommunications, 51-200 employés

Easy to use cloud backup solution with affordable price

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : Finally I don't have to worry about private files in case of HW failures.

I use IDrive for personal use. I purchased it around BlackFriday with nice promo price for 10TB storage for 1 year.It has the best and the most user friendly Windows client application which allows to setup backup/restore files, to schedule backup tasks, it supports incremental backups, offers definition of folders which will be automatically synced with cloud storage and also to perform complete computer backup in cloud (this one I didn't try so far). There are also some backup features which I don't need but small businesses might benefit for:MS SQL Sever,MS Exchange Server, Exchange Brick level (Individual mailbox backup),MS Sharepoint Sever,System State (boot file, registry, active directory, system volume, ...)Hyper-VVMware (ESXi, VMs)Microsoft 365 (mailbox data)Cloud drive functionality additionally allows sharing files with other people if needed.

Huge price increase after 1 year promo price period expires. Hopefully, there will be some promotions before expiry which will allow existing users to prolong subscription under better price.I like to fly with my drone and record videos. Beware that there is a huge problem with IDrive related to file size limit. If you need to share files bigger that 2GB, unfortunately IDrive won't be a solution for you unless you prepare your files by splitting them into smaller ones.

Massimo
Translator - IT technician (Italie)
Traduction et localisation, Auto-entrepreneur

Bugs & Glitches

1,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

I was attracted by the price and features

Unreliable, too many bugs & glitches. Unusable most of the times. Very slow speed. Bad techincal support. Obsolete system design. Awful.

Réponse de l'équipe de IDrive - IDrive, RemotePC

il y a 4 semaines

Hi Massimo, mind emailing us at publicrelations@idrive.com with some details so we can look into this for you?

Professor of Virology (R.-U.)
Recherche, 501-1 000 employés

Alternatives envisagées :

Inexpensive storage with great basic functionality

4,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : Pretty good. Upload speeds are limited by my bandwidth and I would definitely use the mail-in Express service if the UK shipping charges were more reasonable, or they had a UK-based upload service. Backups have worked as expected and I hope never to have to use the recovery service for anything other than testing purposes.

The cost per terabyte is commendably low and was the initial reason I tested iDrive. All the basic functionality was available in the desktop app that I needed - scheduled backups of internal and external media. Initial testing showed that everything worked pretty much as expected 'out of the box' and that backups could be easily restored. I was sufficiently impressed to purchase the software. I've used it to backup about half a terabyte of data so far, with more to be uploaded. Scheduled backups run as expected, or as soon as the machine is turned on. They also run if the machine is sleeping - waking, backing up and sleeping again. During the testing phase I contacted customer support with a relatively trivial query (see comment below re timestamps) and got a prompt answer - that was reassuring.

All timings by the software use PST (Pacific Standard Time) and a US format timestamp. I'm on the other side of the world and it seems nonsensical for me to schedule a 9 am backup on the 10th of November (10/11/22) to find that the system records it as being made at 3 am on 11/10/22. If backups are daily and no more frequent this shouldn't be an issue, but it could well cause problems (or at least confusion) if backups were more frequent.I would like to see more granularity in the backup scheduling. For example - to set weekly backups for one external drive and daily backups for another. My understanding from the FAQ and help files, together with practical use of the system, is that all network/external drives are handled as a single backup set. The only way to omit one would be to leave it unplugged. In the same way, all local files/folders are handled as a single backup set, again with no granularity. The advantage of this approach is simplicity, the disadvantage is a lack of flexibility. For peace of mind, simplicity is better ... but I'd still like the option of more granularity.

Andres
Consultant (É.-U.)
Conseil en gestion, 2-10 employés

Excellent Product

5,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

It's very easy to set-up, I can back-up my NAS as well and it's the best value out there in the market

Perhaps the scheduling interface could be done a bit more friendly. It's not complicated to use, but it could use some polishing

Ngong
Graphic Design (Cameroun)
Design graphique, 2-10 employés

Excellent software for cloud storage

5,0 la semaine dernière Nouveau

Commentaires : Using iDrive was an excellent experience as I was capable to save my essential information safely and securely. The user interface was once intuitive and effortless to navigate, and I was once able to backup my information with ease. The encryption and versioning points allowed me to preserve my records safe and secure, so I should rest assured that my data was once safe and sound. Overall, the use of iDrive was once a remarkable journey and I would suggest it to anybody searching for a secure records storage solution.

Some of the pros about iDrive include its ease of use, fast and secure backup and restore system, cloud storage capabilities, user-friendly interface, and low cost.

Haven't faced any major cons using this software

Robert
IT Consultant (R.-U.)
Informatique et sécurité réseau, 501-1 000 employés

iDrive foe Small to Medium operators in the Educational Sector

5,0 il y a 2 mois

Commentaires : As a user in various professional contexts over many years I still find it the best overall cloud backup solution. I find the Linux scripting option, though little publicised, incredibly useful and ultra-reliable.

Simple to configure and easy to restore.

I find the incremental backup features need a little more explanation.

Nate
N/Q (É.-U.)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 2-10 employés

Excellent cloud backup solution

5,0 il y a 3 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : Very positive, including having them ship a drive to me for the initial upload. So simple and everything just seemed to work.

The price for the amount of space given.

The pop-ups, but I like the information they give me each day and I have the option of turning them off, so I suppose I don't dislike them all that much.

Paul
Owner (É.-U.)
Biens de consommation, Auto-entrepreneur

Great value

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : Secure backup

Easy to use and reasonable intro pricing

Cost after trial period. Good customer support

Mario
VP Sales (É.-U.)
Informatique et sécurité réseau, 2-10 employés

Very easy to setup and use.

5,0 il y a 2 mois

Commentaires : Overall, it runs automatically. I wake up in the morning and see it has backedup X number of files.

I was leaving town and my drive was acting up. It was easy to get online, get setup, and download and install the software. After a few hours, my entire system was backed up.

I have only used it for 2 weeks so I have not had any negatives yet.

Greg
Photographer (R.-U.)
Photographie, Auto-entrepreneur

Alternatives envisagées :

A backup platform that doesn't quite work as a cloud storage solution.

4,0 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : I've been wanting to back up my image archive for a few years now, after a few scary experiences with FreeNas and TrueNas. I'm just a small photo business with around 30TB of assets and yet the likes of Google and Amazon treat me like I'm Nasa and want to sell me enterprise-level solutions. I don't have time to wade through their incomprehensible marketing and no need for their features, just a little black box in the cloud that I can afford and grows with my needs. I was lured in to iCloud by the price and the size of the cloud storage allocation, which seems to be a very inflexible feature of cloud storage in general. Having said that, once my 10TB is used up, the website doesn't offer a way to expand, which sucks as I have more than 30TB I'd like to put in the cloud but nobody seems to want my money. Icloud is designed for backup so all its features want to mirror what's on your server / workstation.
It doesn't work very flexibly as a stand-alone cloud drive. You have to back things up and delete them, you can't just move files to the cloud like you can with pCloud. You can only restore files and they restore back in the same folder in the same directory. If you keep backing up and deleting, you end up with a cloud folder so big that it exceeds the size of the source drive.
It hasn't been very difficult to work around its design flaws. With a few tighter security controls, better online file management and a simple cloud drive feature, it would be a winner.

Good initial space allocation that is suited to the needs of content creators. Great price. Simple to use once set up.

Designed for backup so all its features want to mirror what's on your server / workstation. It doesn't work very flexibly as a stand-alone cloud drive. You can't manage your files once in the cloud with the same flexibility as an OS. The website doesn't state how much the product costs after the introductory offer which I'm sure holds a lot of people back. There is no feature to expand storage on personal accounts beyond the original 10TB offered as of May 2022.

Jon
Technical Director (R.-U.)
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 2-10 employés

A great high-capacity online backup service.

5,0 il y a 4 mois

Commentaires : My existing cloud backup, which came with a well known (brilliant) anti-virus provider, only gave me 70GB of backup, and said I couldn't increase that until my renewal was due, in 11 Months. By the time I had explained how useless that was to me, I had subscribed, downloaded, installed iDrive, and it was already carrying out its first back up.

It was easy to deploy the backup software onto multiple computers. On the restore screens, I can easily see each individual computer, from which I can chose which files or folders to restore. The first backup took all day, although it was about 250 GB. Now the first backup is complete, it just takes minutes at the end of each day to backup all my work.

Maybe nice to be able to give user created names to each computer, rather than the default computer name that each machine has. Eg "Mary's Laptop", "Bills Computer", "Server".

Aaron
Aaron
Freelancer (É.-U.)
Services financiers, Auto-entrepreneur

IDrive system backup/storage

5,0 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : It's been great. I really honestly have no complaints. I've been able to back up all of my existing cloud drives, my backup harddrives, my normal harddrive, my phone, literally everything fits onto this one cloud storage service and I still have room for more.

I can flash over my entire computer if I need to, my files are automatically kept up to date so I don't have to worry about losing anything ever, and I can put as many devices into my storage as I want. This means my phone, my laptop, my desktop, my work computer, all of it, all in one place. It's great.

I'm not really one to hold back on my opinion of things, but I honestly can't find anything I really dislike about this product. I mean... maybe the time it took for the initial backup? Took over 12 hours to backup my entire computer worth of about 90gigs of files. But I can't really complain about that even, that seems just about fair since I was using my computer the entire time without any disruption to my normal functionality or speed.

Ruth
Student (R.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, Auto-entrepreneur

Have faith in iDrive

4,0 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : The customer service has been great and I have appreciated al the tutorials on how to use it properly.

Whilst it takes a while to get used to the features which are not as user friendly or intuitive as other storage solutions, you can definitely have faith in the security and robustness of iDrive.

The need for manual removal of files in cloud storage when they have been deleted from your machine is a real pain. I keep forgetting to do this which results in taking me over my quota.

Sue
Payroll specialist (É.-U.)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 11-50 employés

Excellent backup solution

Commentaires : Nice to have a backup solution that I can trust. The scheduled backups run smoothly without any problems. I do not notice any lag in use when backup is running. The dashboard is user friendly. I haven't needed to contact support yet, so I can't speak to their helpfulness or not. But I am happy the product is performing well and I have not needed to contact support.

Implementation was easy. Like most products, it can take awhile initially for all the information to be stored, but that process went very smoothly. Product offers a lot of storage for a reasonable price.

I have not come across anything that I don't like about this product.

paul
IT (É.-U.)
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés

A must for every computer on your network. all can be on one account.

5,0 il y a 7 mois

Commentaires : I can sleep at night knowing the data is safely in the cloud and if needed the restore process is also easy

Reliability, speed, ease-of-use, schedule and logging, encryption

on some occasions the log details don't show what was skipped exactly.

Erik
President/CEO (É.-U.)
Design, Auto-entrepreneur

Great Solution for Online Backup

5,0 il y a 5 mois

Commentaires : I lost a 4TB backup drive and needed something more reliable. After some research and trying another product, IDrive was the best option balancing features and value.

The IDrive Express feature allows for faster initial backup. IDrive sends the user a portable hard drive to locally create a backup and return to them. It still took a few weeks to finish the initial backup during off hours (about 5TB) and then about two weeks for them to load it on their server but the online service was saying it would take about THREE YEARS to process that amount of data.

I haven't had to restore anything yet but I don't expect any issues.

Prince
Owner (É.-U.)
Production audiovisuelle, 2-10 employés

Easy to Use but Customer Support Needs Improvement

4,0 il y a 4 mois

I love how easy the product is to actually use. When I first used it, I thought I was getting the hang of it, but it was doing something I didn’t understand. But that was easy to overcome and with a little bit of practice, became easier and easier. Love this product for sharing files between members of my team and for the price - absolutely amazing! We are a small team and only a small number of us need to have access to the folder system; prior to IDrive I used Dropbox and was scratching to get away from Dropbox. IDrive to the rescue! Dropbox charged my team of three $540 a year, or $54 a month, for storage space of 5TB. It was ridiculous and we didn't utilize nearly the amount of features they boast about. We needed something new and drastically cheaper for our needs. With IDrive, we use it family style since it is only three of us for $74, and some change a year. We are saving so much money and are able to get all our needs met! Highly recommend!

My main complaint is customer support. I called twice and chatted once with IDrive’s support and was met with snarky characters that had rude attitudes toward me. They also didn’t seem to understand the IDrive product. I asked if I can use the Cloud Sharing without Sync on because it was taking up the space on my computer (which I did not want). One rep was very quick to offer me my money back as I suggested that IDrive might not suit my needs if I can only use this feature with Sync on. That discouraged me. So I called the next day during their business hours. The rep hung up on me or we got disconnected, so I called again. When I called again, this rep also said that it was not possible to use the cloud storage without having the sync on. I found this to be stupendously impossible to do. I simplified the question. “Can I download a file from the cloud without having sync on?” The answer I received was, “no, you must turn sync on to transfer files to your computer." I told him that I found that to be strange, and I was met with silence. Upon me hanging up the call, I tried to download a file myself with sync turned off. Low and behold, I WAS able to download a file from Cloud without having to have sync turned on. I would highly suggest retraining your team when two individuals very confidently said that I could not do this.

Quality Analyst (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 10 000+ employés

Inexpensive online backup with extra features

4,0 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : Idrive is my sole online backup, it also has a ton of other features that I have found useful. File sharing, phone photo backup and sharing, a dropbox like file synchronization. It seems like every time I check there are more features added.

The online backup, once you have it uploaded, works very well. It can be slow to upload large amounts of files to start but I use Idrive express (free) which really speeds up priming the pump. Rather than uploading 800 gb in file backups and 1.2tb in image backups, they send a hard drive, you fill it up directly from your devices and then ship it back at no additional cost. Once they receive it they put it online and you can sync your online backup and it will add the files created in the meantime. Much less bandwidth needed, and everything is encrypted in case the drive ends up lost en-route home.

Image backup takes significantly longer than regular image backup software. not something that would be tolerable as a standalone solution.

Ronald
Partner (É.-U.)
Cabinet d'avocats, 2-10 employés

Great Backup System

Commentaires : Great system, no intent to ever change.

Great product, well priced, runs in background without using a lot of resources, real time backup, very fast to download files.

Searching is a little difficult, but not much. Desktop version sometimes doesn't work for downloading but the on-line version is faster anyways.

Trey
Senior Developer (É.-U.)
Développement de programmes, Auto-entrepreneur

Current Best Value in Cloud Storage Backup

4,0 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : iDrive is a great backup solution for individual personal use. I'm hopeful that more family-focused support will be added but it's hard to say when or if that will ever be done.

The amount of storage space included was the primary selling point. I wanted to be able to backup my entire OneDrive (1TB) and my personal NAS (2TB) and finding anything reasonably priced that could accomodate that wasn't easy. iDrive offers 5TB of cloud backup storage which is perfect for my current needs.

The ability to add additional user accounts and grant them permissions to backups would be nice. You have the ability to share links with other users but it's only valid for up to 30 days. If I want to share a link with friends/family to be able to access something I don't want to have to send them a new link every month for no reason. iDrive should support non-expiring links or if that's not something they plan on doing then giving users the ability to add other accounts and optionally assign access restrictions at the backup, directory, and file scope would be preferred. Even if you have to charge more for a "family" account, it's something that I think is really holding iDrive back and the only thing I could see myself changing backup providers for if someone else implemented it properly.

Dustin
Self (É.-U.)
Divertissement, Auto-entrepreneur

Great Backup Tool!

Commentaires : I have not had any issues with the software and I used it for free for a year and I decided to purchase it because its a lot cheaper than most other backups and with more storage. I love having this and its very easy to access from anywhere.

What I like the most about iDrive is that you can set a backup schedule and it runs without interrupting. My computers back up at around 8pm on a daily basis so I know all of my important files are always safe. I can set many devices and computers to backup as separate backups so nothing gets replaced on accident.

Sometimes its kind of hard and slow to restore files if you have reformatted or need to restore, but overall its not bad.

Rick
President/COO (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 11-50 employés

Great software for all devices

Commentaires : This has allowed me to backup different types of devices under a single umbrella and manage it easily.

IDrive is super easy to setup and get started with. This is equally true when adding devices to backup. I've used it on apple devices and a windows desktop and all work great. Portal is very intuitive to navigate.

I haven't really come across anything I dislike about it. The pricing is very competitive and the software works like it is supposed to.

Mark
Knowledge Mangement & Technology Officer (É.-U.)

Affordable backup software for home or small business

It is very affordable, easy to use and does exactly what it should...it gives you peace of mind that you will have your important files available in case of drive failure or emergency. After making the mistake of a single on-site backup in the early 2000s, I have kept a cloud backup too ever since. iDrive is my favorite since that time. The initial backup is easy as you can request a disk, put your files on it and send it in for them to upload directly to their servers. This saves a ton of time and bandwidth. You can also request files are returned this way if you need to restore and don't want to use the online restore. I have multiple drives all backing up to the same account and it maintains that separation, which is also great.

The only thing that drives me crazy is the files purge/cleanup. I have it set to run automatically every 30 days to clear out files I have deleted, but it always seems that I need to run it myself.