Avis clients sur SmartDeploy

En savoir plus sur SmartDeploy

Logiciel d'imagerie informatique moderne pour Windows offrant une gestion centralisée, unique, des images sans formation approfondie ni mise en œuvre progressive.

En savoir plus sur SmartDeploy

Lack of reporting features...which they are starting to add.

SmartDeploy - Notes

SmartDeploy a reçu une note globale de 4,8 étoiles sur 5 d'après 117 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé SmartDeploy ?

Kerry-Ann
Systems Engineer (É.-U.)
Internet, 51-200 employés

Good Product (Performs Better than Others)

Commentaires : Overall, it is a good value. The ability to connect it to the WiFi network without having to manual do it makes it worth it. Additionally, not having to worry about getting drivers as they have the most popular drivers within the library makes it better than other solutions on the market.

The product is easy to use and the ability to automatically connect to a WiFi network on deployment is a great feature

Sometimes devices do not get joined to the network for whatever reason. Also, you cannot have computers named in sequence upon deployment, instead they are automatically given random numbers. Unlike Acronis, which I could input computer names to be Laptop-Department{15} and it would named the computers Laptop-Department15, Laptop-Department16, Laptop-Department17, etc. SmartDeploy randomizes the number sequence. So, when you input the naming convention as Laptop-DepartmentXX, it names the device Laptop-Department84, Laptop-Department25, Laptop-Department40, etc. There is no sequence or logic to the number section. Additionally, you still have to do some prep work by making some changes in the Bios on newer machines in order to get the software to image to it. Also, when you select to log into an account after imaging, it seems that it creates a local account for the profile instead of using the domain account and then it does not join to the domain.

IT Supervisor (É.-U.)
Forces de l'ordre, 501-1 000 employés

No Hassle Imaging

Commentaires : SmartDeploy as a company is very focused on this one thing, and as a result they are not getting sidetracked and overwhelmed. If there is any issue (which occasionally happens due to their striving to enhance the product), they quickly resolve the issue. Their tech support, has always been outstanding and very notably, they provided some highly-customized support to tackle a very unusual make/model we needed a special image for. I would choose SmartDeploy again in a heartbeat.

With budget cuts, we've had to stop doing massive system refreshes and are now purchasing smaller amounts of systems as funds become available. We are a Dell house, but due to the new purchasing strategy we are getting a more diverse set of Dell models. Fortunately, for us, SmartDeploy has allowed us to tackle that diversity by use a single common image for about 12 different models (which include desktops/laptops and tablets). We only have 1 image to maintain, instead of 12, and if we get a 13th model, then we simply download the PPK (package of specific drivers) from SmartDeploy, add that to our image package and off we go. That is what we like most about this product, but there are a plethora of other items that has made SmartDeploy a huge success. We chose SmartDeploy about 4 years ago, after researching and comparing it in live tests with Symantec and Acronis. We had it up and running in production in about a day. Thanks to a very logical image creation and deployment process, we created a VM using VM Workstation, downloaded the necessary PPK's (driver packages) for the specific machines we had a need to image, and then created a USB stick which contained all necessary image components. Within 30 minutes, we had imaged 3 different models and realized our imaging problems from before were over. What a beautiful thing.

Would like to be able to snap an image of an existing system and save for re-deployment. To my knowledge, that option has not been made available....yet.

IT Systems Engineer (É.-U.)
Construction, 51-200 employés

Alternatives envisagées :

Sometimes you find something that just works

Commentaires : SmartDeploy does exactly what we need it to do and our deploy operations can be as basic or as involved as we want them to be. The system saves us a lot of time and helps us standardize and maintain our images.

In the realm of utilities SmartDeploy is a breath of fresh air in that it handily does the job it was designed to do in a straightforward and reasonable fashion. IT would be a lot more fun if everything worked like SmartDeploy.

In certain cases the components of a package get baked into the package and if a component is updated the packages containing that component have to be re-edited in order to pull in the updated component/content. There should be a way to dynamically "refresh" packages when there is a component change. This is a small complaint that is easy to navigate, and I am sure SmartDeploy will add the "refresh" concept I am looking for at some point.

Raheel
Software developer (Pakistan)
Logiciels, Auto-entrepreneur

The best imaging solution available

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : SmartDeploy offers a fine harmony among capacity, and convenience for workstation imaging and sending that is colossally gainful for more modest to medium size associations who don't have the opportunity or financial plan to devote to more mind boggling, oversaw arrangement and imaging instruments.

SmartDeploy is extremely easy to set up and use, and there are numerous recordings and different assets on the off chance that you need help. It has an extraordinary UI contrasted with other imaging arrangements, and organizations are quick and practically blunder free. It is extremely easy to import pictures and make answer documents utilizing the implicit wizards, and you can set up custom or unattended organizations and reimage PCs distantly. Driver packs are refreshed routinely, which saves a ton of time since you don't need to find and import them all physically.

The only real con is that it costs more than other solutions, but you definitely get what you pay for with this product.

Mark
Applications Engineer (É.-U.)
Logiciels, 201-500 employés

Build a Virtual Machine then deploy to any hardware

Commentaires : Our company delivers software training and needs to deploy a single image to hundreds of machines multiple times a year. We primarily use offline USB deployment for this and it has worked extremely well over the past two years with very little issues or maintenance needed. We have a few dozen disparate sites and each site is maintained by a non-technical employee. They plug the USB drive into a computer and leave it alone for an hour. When they come back its fully deployed - like magic! This method offsets the installation of several software packages that would normally take several days. When deployment issues are experienced we ask the user to capture the logs and send them into SmartDeploy Support. They are incredibly responsive and helpful.

Being able to generate a single VM image and distribute it to hundreds of different computers (manufacturers and models) is revolutionary. Other software I've used requires you to have an image created on each type of physical hardware. This means you have to manage multiple images and have a spare of each type of computer just to maintain the system.

There are several deployment methods (USB drives, local network, cloud-based) that all work really well. When using the USB drive method, there isn't an easy way to update the boot software (e.g. WinPE) on the device or distribute new USB media. Shipping the USB drives works but is slow and expensive. Having the coworker at the remote office create a new USB drive is difficult because you have to walk them through installing the enterprise software which I don't necessarily want them to have access to. However, this is not undermining the huge benefits we see from using SmartDeploy.

Ryan
Software applications and systems analyst (É.-U.)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 51-200 employés

Great for all businesses, small and large!

Commentaires : 10/10 I'll always use this product when I can and recommend it where I can. The support team was helpful every step of the way with every question I had along very fast response times.

Ease of use is by far the best thing about this product. From start to finish, continued use and alterations, it's just so simple. Someone without a deep understanding of computers and how deployments work could pick up this product and create their first image with little struggle at all.

The only con to Smart deploy would be creating a VM and capturing the first image. However, this was only a struggle because our current VM software was on the list that had special steps to take. But even that only was fairly simple if you set up VMs often and know a little about how they work.

Joe
Technology Assistant (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 51-200 employés

Amazing Product!

Commentaires : SmartDeploy is amazing for our small school. I am the only one who does the imaging in our two buildings. With roughly 250 workstations between two different schools, SmartDeploy makes it so easy and user friendly to image!

I love that each model has a pre-built platform pack with all of the drivers included. It even goes so far as to flash the BIOS. What imaging software does that?!

I really have no complaints. Once I saw what SmartDeploy had to offer and how easy it was to implement, I was all in.

Andrew
Hardware Specialist (É.-U.)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 501-1 000 employés

Absolute time saver

Commentaires : Time saving, we are a Medical Center that is continually growing by purchasing smaller clinics and offices around us. Each time we acquire a new location I have to go in and replace all of their workstations to bring them up to date. I can image 10-40 workstations in no time and ensure each system is configure exactly the same. Time = Money.

I inherited this process from a previous employee who had left the company. Within just a short amount of time, having never used SmartDeploy before, I was able to update our VM and create a new image. It is awesome to be able to take a brand new computer out of the box, boot from a USB thumb drive and have our standard image installed automatically. Once our image is installed the PC is end user ready with all of the software they need to do their job. I can not imagine rolling out new computers without SmartDeploy.

Honestly, everything about SmartDeploy works for me as I need it to.

Desktop Engineer Lead (Argentine)
Services financiers, 1 001-5 000 employés

Easy onsite OS Imaging

4,0 il y a 10 mois

Commentaires : The support team is very responsive and helpful. Also, their Knowledgebase is laid out very clearly and logically. Each support article in a process leads to the next step and so forth. Their licensing site makes it easy to reclaim unused licenses and generate a report.

SmartDeploy can be used to easily and quickly image multiple PCs onsite. It's possible to customize deployment by adding applications or features at time of install. A group of hardware models can be imaged from the same flash drive as long as the correct platform packs are downloaded.

The use of the SmartDeploy flash drives requires our team to be onsite using our LAN connections to domain controllers. Also if we update the image which is done quarterly, all flash drives at our various sites much be reimaged.

Deborah
Network Administrator (É.-U.)
Administration publique, 201-500 employés

Deployment made easy

Commentaires : We came from a Symantec Ghost and then Clonezilla environment and everything was utterly hands-on and inconsistent and required the usage of an external hard drive that was always full and CDs. SmartDeploy brought us into the 21st century by making the deployments network-capable and able to be run from a dedicated workstation (could also use a VM but I am the only one really working with it for now). We are not using it to its fullest extent but have hopes of doing so as we grow with it. It's a great product for us

Our deployment system is consistent now Customer service is responsive when there are issues

We are a static IP shop and SmartDeploy is ideal for DHCP so we are not as able to use the unattended features but we have 350 PCs across our entire environment so it's not a deal-breaker at all Customer Service is in Portland and we're in Chicago - 2 hour delay if I have issues in the AM

Ben
Computer Technician (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 501-1 000 employés

Mass Deployment Made Easy

Commentaires : It has been a great experience for us and users working with this software. It has made troubleshooting, upgrading and deploying machines a breeze. I am in a business with 800+ machines and having the difference images for departments helps a ton. PXE and having a WDS boot image from SmartDeploy helps us and other areas of IT image on the fly whenever they need without using the console to push out.

- Easy setup - Works with virtual machines so you don't need to keep hardware around just for images - Can be used PXE with WDS - Differencing images to save space based on a main image - Can create disk or USB boot drives - Push images from the console remotely for clients. - constantly implementing updates and features for console - Great support

- License management for companies could use work (this is in the works for change)

Jeffrey
Technical Support Analyst (É.-U.)
Enseignement supérieur, 201-500 employés

SmartDeploy on College Campus

Commentaires : SmartDeploy has been a very appreciated resource in my department. As I'm the only one that creates/manages the images for all of the college-owned machines, it has made that part of my job much easier and more streamlined. Although I have had minor issues with the software in the year that I've been using it, the issues have been severely outweighed by the benefits it has provided. I haven't gotten the chance to work with the networking team on setting up the connectivity necessary for using some of remote management features, but I do look forward to taking advantage of those. Overall it's been a solid experience with my only real gripe being a lack of true documentation. I know there are articles but I've found a good portion of them lacking in the information that I needed. The good; however, is that technical support has been timely in getting around to my questions and answering them for me.

Ease of capturing VMs and deploying images Platform packs user interface image management and connectivity to the images after deployment

lack of documentation regarding differencing images lack of documentation/training for folks newer to image creation/SmartDeploy software Have had issues installing the SmartDeploy application on secondary machines in the past

Jim
Systems Enginner II/ Desktop Image Manager (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés

Best imaging software out there.

Commentaires : My experience with SmartDeploy has been great.
If I have an issue which is rare and it's always ends up being my fault because I did something wrong or stupid ( hahaha) they have ALWAYS fixed any issue I have had very quickly.
I have never worked with better support on a product!!
I am always praising the support when I am trying to get our clients to buy the product or if I am demonstrating the software.

The ease of imaging computers makes my job so much easier, no hunting around for different drivers for each different manufacture we have. One image for all of our computers makes it simple, fast and reliable. I have some of our clients using it now due to me bragging about it constantly.

I have no cons that I can think of. That is rare with most software.

Jay
Jay
Divisional Computer Support Analyst (É.-U.)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 501-1 000 employés

Update the Drivers without Recreating the Image

Commentaires : I am amazed by how easy to use SmartDeploy. You have multiple options on how you can image a machine... Offline (via USB), Cloud or Remote deployment. Keep making us happy!!!

I love the idea that the Drivers are separated from the image itself. I can use the image to different brands and model computers (except Mac) and just either download the driver pack (ppk) from SmartDeploy or create your own. I started using their Cloud Deployment, and it is amazing. A user can download the 600Mb payload to a flash drive, boot to USB and voila... SmartDeploy will pull everything it needs from your Cloud Service (OneDrive for me). They have forums and videos that are very helpful.

I haven't seen anything I don't like about the product. No annoyance or instances that will scratch my head.

Zack
Supervisor, Desktop Support (É.-U.)
Télécommunications, 501-1 000 employés

Ghost is a thing of the past....Smart Deploy is the future of imaging!!!

Commentaires : We have, literally, only been using Smart Deploy between 30-45 days (new to it all), but it has DRASTICALLY changed how fast we can pump out deployments of PC's. We had SO MANY issues with Ghost and their support was HORRIBLE!!! So far we have only had one ticket with Smart Deploy and they responded in a VERY timely manner and had an answer for us.

Complete ease of setup and ease of use. We love the fact that is now only takes us 6-7 minutes to image a PC for our company. The "no touch" and "click and go" functionality of the Smart Deploy imaging process is superb! Setting up and using a "reference" image to use on multiple platforms of hardware is a stellar part of the processes. I could go on and on and on.........JUST BUY THIS (and then shutdown your Ghost server!)!!!! It's the best thing you can have for an imaging solution for your IT department.

My team and I would like to see this software be able to keep data and programs in tact when we use it for upgrading purposes. We have a massive Windows 10 upgrade project that we need to accomplish before EoL of Windows 7 and this feature would save us time from having to run "manual" upgrades. I am sure I could come up with more idea's for this software, but I am pretty positive that Smart Deploy is already working on upgrades to this software.

Daniel
IT Specialist (É.-U.)
Banque, 501-1 000 employés

SmartDeploy Review

Commentaires : 9.8 out of 10. Would highly recommend to any company looking to deploy systems quickly and easily.

The best features are the ability to quickly setup all components necessary for imaging your systems easily.

So far have had excellent success with the software and have only had 1 incident in which support did not fully resolve my issue.

IT Support Manager (É.-U.)
Services à la personne et aux familles, 1 001-5 000 employés

My favorite imaging platform!

Commentaires : This is the second company I have introduced this product to and my technicians love the ease of maintaining, creating, and deploying images. Hands down better than all the other options out there.

This package is flexible. It is easy to deploy from Cloud storage, network, and USB drive. The platform packs save me the time of finding and preparing drivers for each model. Price is reasonable, too!

When updating the platform packs, any task customization has to be reinserted since it overwrites the entire package.

Scott
IT Systems Administrator (É.-U.)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 1 001-5 000 employés

SmartDeploy Review

Commentaires : Support has been very quick to help with any questions along the way. The cloud deployment was very slow when I set it up last year. After this webinar, I may need to revisit this.

Easy of capturing images and deploying it to our clients.

License count is an area that I struggle with. We are not supposed delete clients unless we are confident that the device has been decommissioned. Honestly, I cannot be certain that a support tech in another country will not pull an old client off the shelf and reuse.

Helpdesk Manager (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 11-50 employés

Good Platform

Commentaires : We are a MSP and deploy new PCs on a regular business. We tried several imaging methods and decided to go with Smart Deploy for its low cost and ease of use. We have greatly standardized our setups and in some instances, saved 6-8 hours of installing software.

Easy to use. Greatly reduces new PC Setup times, sometimes by several hours. Drives are included so we don't have to try and hunt them down. Custom driver packs are easy to create for one off custom built PCs

Extra steps to activate Windows after the image (We don't have Enterprise licensing) Requires LAN connection (I have heard Wireless is coming though)

Samuel
Samuel
IT Director (É.-U.)
Cabinet d'avocats, 51-200 employés

Constantly getting better!

Commentaires : Overall - Excellent. Support has always been great and I'm very satisfied with the product. Highly recommend!

SD is always improving on their product. It's easy to use and the user interface is simple. The time it takes to image a machine is minimal. Even though we tell our users that it takes longer to image a machine - because then they'll just start getting demanding if it takes longer than 3 hours.

I don't utilize it to it's full potential. That's more a con about me than the software. It may do this now, but creating a golden image from a live machine would be awesome. Or just being able to do an image of a live machine and then snaps. So if something happened to that computer, I could just reimage it with that backup image/snaps.

Jeremy
Systems Administrator (É.-U.)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 201-500 employés

Deployments made simple

Commentaires : I use SmartDeploy daily. This software allows me to customize my install packages for each type of PC I am deploying to an end user. The Driver package integration is excellent. Very well done.

Customer Service is super helpful. The software itself is excellently integrated to allow you to install and deploy as you would like to any PC you would like.

Not really about the software, but, that I had not found this software sooner.

Heather
Business Systems Specialist (É.-U.)
Administration publique, 501-1 000 employés

Great Imaging Software for Large Deployment

Commentaires : Overall, I think this is a great imaging software. It is easy to use and very clean looking. It is a great product for a mid-size company and certainly is more than acceptable for our needs of nearly a 1000 machines.

This is a decent product for a mid-size to large company. If you run your company on just a few images, then this is the software you need. The pros are that it is very clean and simple looking and easy to use. Tracking of licensing, computers, and users are very easy. They provide frequent updates to keep up with constant Windows updates and the download client handles more than one user or admin.

The major cons I have with it is that it often conflicts with antivirus software and drivers do not always apply or are available.

Bryan
IT Admin (É.-U.)
Aviation et industrie aéronautique, 51-200 employés

Product work great

Commentaires : We have been a Smart Deploy customer for the last 5+ years and it definitely streamlined our ability build up systems, but also respond to system failures in a very timely matter. Very happy with the overall product.

The ability to create and deploy images across multiple platforms using driver packs instead of images with specific hardware is awesome. I used to have to keep images for each of our hardware builds. Now I just keep track of a few driver packs and all images become universal for all of our different systems.

Creation of platform packs for Individual mother board builds was not as easy as I had hoped, but found that default platform packs from my main vendor builds, were intelligent enough to let me load these images on motherboard builds as well. Worked out in the end.

Jerome
Helpdesk Manager (É.-U.)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 201-500 employés

SmartDeploy Evaluation

Commentaires : Overall this tool has helped our Helpdesk immensely. Less time is spent on image-building and upkeep with this product.

Ease of use, Most Drivers updated automatically and the Imaging feature is very user-friendly. No need for additional software is a plus!

Would like to see more Built-in Reports.

technical support (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 501-1 000 employés

Great Imaging Solution!

Commentaires : We are moving away from using Ghost in our school system, and Smart Deploy has helped us simplify this process.

This product has simplified our imaging process by allowing us to move away from Ghost.

Keeping track of licensing is a little difficult at this point, however the team is listening and responded promptly to my concerns and is working on ways to simplify.