Avis clients sur Wolfram Mathematica

En savoir plus sur Wolfram Mathematica

Non disponible

While Mathematica doesn't have the worst error checking I've seen in some programming languages, it lacks on-the-fly error checking.

Wolfram Mathematica - Notes

Wolfram Mathematica a reçu une note globale de 4,6 étoiles sur 5 d'après 165 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Wolfram Mathematica ?

massimo
massimo
Assistant Professor (É.-U.)

It's the Macintosh of the interpreted software languages, it just works right out of the box!

The most critical feature of Mathematica (and Wolfram products in general) is that everything is seamlessly perfectly integrated. Everything is curated and maintained up to date. Competing platforms like Matlab sure offer a larger set of functionalities, but the integration of the many "packages" is too often very poor. In Mathematica, every package is fully integrated with the rest of the platform like no other software. Maybe you can say that Labview somehow reaches the same level of integration. Mathematica is a very flexible and multi-purpose software language that can be used for programming pretty much anything. New functionality like "Cloud-deploy" allow anybody to run algorithm made in Mathematica from anywhere in the world, from any device, with the only need of having an internet connection and a compatible browser.

Some secondary functionalities like the Presentation notebook are not so well developed, yet. That said, I doubt many will ever use it.

Jonathan
Graduate Student (É.-U.)
Recherche, 10 000+ employés

Engineering Grad Student Review of Mathematica

Commentaires : Overal really useful if you know how to use it and particularly strong at analytical calculus and symbolic equations. Otherwise the language is a little clunky. If more people used it, it would be more valuable.

Mathematica is really great at solving symbolic math equations. Unrivaled in my opinion. Analytical solving is a breeze with this and it is intuitive how it all appears, as if you wrote it on a sheet of paper. That is its best feature. Otherwise it has a lot of really cool math functionality for analzying data. I particularly have used it for signal processing.

Well it is like learning another programming language so you have to get over that barrier. It is hit or miss with other people who know how to read the software or even use it. The only reason I used it was because I found Wolfram Alpha online as an undergrad and when I became a grad student I found out the previous grad students used it. I'd say its programming language is a little clunky, compared to some competitors. And its not open software.

Jeremy
Jeremy
Mechanical Engineer (Afrique du Sud)
Défense et aérospatiale, 1 001-5 000 employés

The best multi-purpose mathematical solver

5,0 il y a 3 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : Well designed, insanely well integrated and functional. The most powerful mathematical solver software I have ever used.

The sheer versatility of the product. It has so much depth and can be used to program and develop mathematical models with ease like no other product I have used before. To be able to call on information from the internet within your code or to add to your solution is mind-blowing. The well designed interface allows any user to easily keep track of their work and report the required results

The only con I can say for Wolfram is that from time to time especially with too many variables and complex modelling the software would take some time to calculate and output. But the time is nothing compared to other platforms attempting to do the same projects.

Morgan
Student (É.-U.)
Génie civil, 10 000+ employés

Wolfram solving your calculus headaches!

Commentaires : I used Wolfram frequently as a student in calculus courses. It has helped me complete homework assignments.

The best features of Wolfram Alpha at the free level are the simple search bar for calculation. It was extremely useful in calculus 3 courses, mainly because it presents integrals and derivatives of equations. My favorite aspects is that it provides graphical representations of the equations, which is a visual learning tool.

I have tried out using Wolfram for non-mathematic topics, including historical figures. The presentation style of these, including showing the "queries", is not preferable to a simple web engine search about the person you are looking for.

Harald
CEO (Danemark)
Recherche, 2-10 employés

What would we do without it?

5,0 il y a 4 mois

Commentaires : Mathematica is used as a "canned data" version to process RADAR data. Of course it cannot do real time but that is not the requirement. With Mathematica we have a tool to see almost instantaneously if any new idea has a perspective to work or not. I am personally using Mathematica since 1990 using the "good old" Version 1.2 on a MacIntosh...

It is a really sturdy workhorse for any purposes. We do lots of RADAR data evaluations, FEM simulations, recently also NN modelling. The general strategy is to implement an algorithm in Mathematica and use this as a benchmark when the same algorithm will be transferred to c++. In contrast to other commercial available packages the output of integral transforms can be adapted to the culture (e.g. signal processing versus mathematical parameter sets for Fourier transform) and we get exactly the envisaged behavior. Generally, one can get algorithmic packages to run in one working day that take a man month to be implemented in c++. In addition, we have own packages to generate Gantt charts, project plans, 3D printer code, PCB circuit layouts.

Documentation is a bit thin, especially newly added functions tend to be poorly described. Neural Networks work fine but the description of the details is dismal! Please improve with some example networks. It took us eternities to grasp the stuff. Plotting even moderately complex 3D Regions (implicit or discretized) is very unstable and it is really a nuisance. It mostly ends with error messages and a complete breakdown of the kernel...

Arshad
MS. Student (Pakistan)
Enseignement supérieur, 501-1 000 employés

Wolfarm Mathematica.

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : I like wolfarm mathematica for its powerful exceutional engine that makes it able to simulate or visualize data very well.

Mathematica has a great graphics user interface, and it does a fantastic job. It also has a lot of other advantages. It has a huge array of codes and library, though complex but powerful. Mathematica is without a doubt one of the most powerful programmes we use and has a very large and active online society to help in problems.

What I find difficult about it is its learning curve, as Wolfram is a large language that can take some time to understand and use comfortably. Apart from that, I have no complaints about Wolfram Mathematica because it meets all of my requirements.

Serdar
Game Developer (Allemagne)
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés

The graphic drawing with Wolfram Mathematica in mathematics is a craft

5,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : Overall, It provides great convenience in symbolic operations and graphic drawings, it is far superior to matlab with these features. but there are such equations that mathematica can't solve for hours. If you are working with fractional numbers, the rationalize command shortens the processing time quite a bit.

Especially drawing complex graphics can create a masochistic pleasure in people. Unlike matlab, which almost industrialized the graphic drawing business, creating graphics in mathematica is a craft. all the coordinates are entered manually (at one point they came to the mercy and put the 3d viewpoint selector command on the input menu, but there you see only the axes, not what you drew, the rest is up to your imagination). The handiwork that comes out at the end is brilliant, you can't help showing it to your friends.

Although it is a software that I greatly appreciate, it can sometimes drive me crazy with the error sentences it gives. opening and closing the program from time to time can be useful. It needs to be emptied when the memory is full, otherwise it gives more errors in new calculations.

yehuda
Research (Israël)
Réseaux informatiques, 501-1 000 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Good for (almost) everything

5,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : Use it daily for more than 30 years now

This software allows you to think and program at the level of the problem at hand. The possibility to combine, symbolics, numerics, great visualization and wonderful smart programming languages is unique. In addition, the front-end allows you to easily document and structure your thoughts along with code.

Only one programming model I found missing - discrete event style

Anand
Anand
research scholar (Inde)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 5 001-10 000 employés

Mathematica: one tool for all mathematics

Commentaires : I am very happy with the product. It helps me in my research on mathematical modeling.

Mathematica is very easy to use or user-friendly software. It covers a very wide range of mathematical operations that can be performed on it. Things I like the most about it are 1. The user-friendly script that can be written in very simple common language. 2. Support for algebraic symbolic calculations. 3. Faster processing.

There is only one thing that I dislike about the product is its online module. While working on an online module on Mathematica it is very restricted and does not provide many options compared to the offline module. It needs to be upgraded.

Mechanical Engineer (Grèce)
Enseignement supérieur, 5 001-10 000 employés

Beginner friendly alternative to coding

5,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Extremely beginner friendly software allowing users to solve all kinds of math problems without the need of knowing how to programming. All the tools are intuitive and the solution is presented in a very clear amd comprehensive manner in comparison with a programming script.

There is difficulty in debugging because despite the ease of use, this type of writing a problem makes the error finding more challenging.

Nuwan Chaminda
Graduate Teaching Assistant, MSU (É.-U.)
Recherche, 5 001-10 000 employés

Very helpful for theorists in their research fields

Commentaires : As I am doing my research in the field of Quantum electron transportation calculations, it's very easy to do all my calculations and most important thing is that it helps us a lot to analyze all my results well. As we solve the matrices which are having a higher degree, it doesn't matter since we have Mathematica. It simplifies everything, all electron transportation calculation we have. because other methods, such as the Green Function method and Scattering methods are much more complex!

It's easy to use as it provides more helpful manuals in the Wolfram site. If you can not understand some code, then you may click on 'help' and very easily you can find the meaning of the respective code. Plus, there are many more functions available to analyze, to do much harder calculations, to draw graphs, etc. It helps a lot in our Quantum Mechanics projects as once we analyzed the Icing Model using Mathematica.

To be honest, I like almost everything in Wolfram Mathematica. The appearance of the software is great, and the work is very good and there are many more advantages of Mathematica. However, to improve, I think it's better to have some way to simply some of the codes in Mathematica. Anyway, as the users, that's also not a problem. Mathematica, simply one of the most powerful software we are using.

Zouheir
Assistant Professor (É.-U.)

Poor Customer Service

Commentaires : I had to call quite a few times before getting an answer which at the end turned out to be complete​ nonsense. I 've just acquired a license for my own use and install it on a MAC. However, since the OS Catalina update, my license stopped​ working and required an update from Mathematica "32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and later". I contacted Wolframe thinking that they would be understanding in providing a free upgrade. "No way" was their answer.

Great software which has been very useful to me for more than 12 years now.

I was really surprised by​ their poor customer support.

Research Scholar (Inde)

A useful mathematical tool

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : I have been using Mathematica for the last 4 years both for my research and clas work. It hase been very useful to me, and my experience with Mathematica has been exceptional.

It has a wide range of mathematical feature ranging from linear algebra to complex differential calculus. This platform is very easy to use as it is pretty intuitive.

One of the biggest shortcomings of this platform is its failure to identify or point out the error in the code/programming. The cost can be a barrier too.

Rodrigo
PhD (R.-U.)
Recherche, 1 001-5 000 employés

The best software for symbolic mathematics

Commentaires : I have solve a wide variety of problems, from simple calculations to very complicated symbolic analyses. In the faculty is normally favoured for more abstract analyses which don't necessarily involve finite precision arithmetic, but it can obviously be used for that as well.

This software is extremely well suited for symbolic mathematics. Where MATLAB excels in numerical handling, Mathematica excels in symbolic mathematics. I have used this software for stochastic analysis, namely Markov Chain analysis. It is very useful as well for topology and graph theory and not only helps by solving complex systems but makes beautiful graphs needed in topological analysis. I have also used it in optimization contexts, to draw the feasible regions of complex functions. It is simply an extremely robust and versatile piece of mathematical software.

At the beginning is not very easy to use because small errors in syntax will render a big function useless; hopefully for simple things it is well integrated with Wolfram Alpha, which can interpret more natural expression the transported to Mathematica.

Tony
Materials Manager (É.-U.)
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 51-200 employés

Wolfram Mathematica

Commentaires : Very good software.

It's fast and easy to create math equations and solve them. I have used this software for calculus when I was in college and it was very useful.

None. Very good software.

Kathryn
College instructor (Guam)
E-learning, 501-1 000 employés

Online College Instructor Uses Mathematica

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : I personally really like using Mathematica. I like the 3D images that help me show such objects such as 'donuts' in Calculus.

As an online college math instructor, I like to use Mathematica to check the harder upper division problems. I hate to get to the answer in class, and it is not the answer - and students are terrible at stopping instructors when they see a small mistake! I like to write out all of my notes and Mathematica is awesome for helping me make it perfect!

One difficulty is for students that have not programmed before or don't think in symbol text needed to 'program' for answers.

Pawan
Self (É.-U.)
Logiciels, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Essai gratuit

Very versatile (desktop version)

This software helped me get my bachelor’s degree in mathematics... I used it to solve a differential equation that got me an A in the class. The prof was happily impressed with how I used the tool to solve the problem. It was a simple problem, in retrospect: a block of salt in a water tank with fish and bacteria. The optimal flow that saved the fish but killed the bacteria was the “solution” - pun totally intended!!!

It’s been a while since I last used the software; suffice it to say that it left a good taste in my mouth, so to speak.

Performing Singer-Songwriter (É.-U.)
Design, Auto-entrepreneur

Useful tool to have around

I used Mathematica in my undergrad and continue to use it. First of all - it's the best graphing, master, super calculator you could ever have. With Mathematica one can quickly create graphics that are useable in presentations and reports. The graphics are attractive and professional. Wolfram also has a great team. I've recommended their Wolfram Alpha for people struggling with mathematics for years. Mathematica's language take a bit to learn, but with the basics you can hit the ground running with help from their massive support system. Great software overall. Plays well with Linux and Mac.

I have no beefs with Mathematica. I've heard people complain about inability to do what AutoCad can... but then just go use AutoCad for that! I've also heard it's not 'industry/university standard' 'Nobody uses it' but I think it's a shame if that's not the case now.

Jefferson
Geophysical Engineer (Venezuela)

Maths in your hand

The easy of using this software is stunning, you can use an equation editor and only copy and paste.

some results cannot be displayed in other platforms

MERZEL MARK
Teacher I (Philippines)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 11-50 employés

Wolfram Review

Commentaires : My overall experience with Wolfram Mathematica is that the software is great mathematical software but I hope that this software can run even without an internet connection. It can give a big help for those aspiring students who want to explore mathematics and science including the professions and occupations related to it.

It is a great software that enables to solve mathematical equations and expressions including those in algebra, geometry, calculus, number theory, and many more. It covers all of the branches of mathematics and even information technology and computer. What I like most about this software is that it capable to show the answers in just a few seconds.

The least like about the software is that it can run only with strong internet connectivity in a place. It cannot be run in offline mode.

Olga Cecilia
Lawyer (Colombie)
Services juridiques, 1 001-5 000 employés

A free math tutor

Everyone can understand mathematics with this app, it helps you with equations, graphics and stats. I really like that they show you how to do the problem, making it easy to understand. As soon as you have master it everything about this app is great

Wolfram has a really hard interface, even people who use this app daily has trouble when it comes to using the interface. Wolfram can be really difficult to use for new people

Sandeep
Postdoctoral researcher (É.-U.)
Logiciels, 10 000+ employés

Technical computing software!

Commentaires : I had a great experience using Mathematica to solve research problems.

I enjoyed using Mathematica for solving research problems for a master's and PhD level course named 'Mathematical Methods of Physics'. Its great for visualizing the data and creating/viewing both 2D and 3D graphs. Ideal for technical computing.

Entering equations or math is definitely hard. Its difficult to understand the typos or mistakes, as the displayed error message is not easy to understand. There is a learning curve associated with the use of Mathematica.

Graduate Student (É.-U.)

Good for Math or Engineering Students

Commentaires : Except for the price, I really enjoy Mathematica, it really helps me do math better.

Mathematica supports a lot of useful functions for serious math people. It is also a useful tool in a classroom setting.

I got it for free from the university. But after I graduated, my license expired. I was considering buying it but it was just way too expensive.

Physics Research (Grèce)
Recherche, 201-500 employés

Must Have mathematics package

Commentaires : Complex algebraic expressions manipulations 2d/3d data and functions plotting and also numerical work. It is just great !

It does almost everything related to algebra / numerics. For professional and beginners this is the right platform to practice maths.

It should be more affordable or have limited but with features free version.

Simol
Engineering Associate (É.-U.)
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 201-500 employés

Definitely one of the cooler intro to visualization

Commentaires : Pretty much visualizing the boundaries and thresholds of certain spatial naps

A stepstone to nathematical computing, it allows for variable visualization and variable plots at any sort of selfmade or exported query you may have

A lot of different functions and multiple ways of plotting could be difficult to understand for the first time user