Avis clients sur PDF-XChange

4,6 /5
  • Service client
    4,5 /5

En savoir plus sur PDF-XChange

Solution PDF pour la création de fichiers PDF standard, qui utilise l'imprimante virtuelle pour l'aperçu, la conversion et l'impression de documents.

En savoir plus sur PDF-XChange

165 avis affichés

Scott S.
Principal Consultant
Logiciels, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 18/08/2019

"Don't see myself ever going back to Adobe Acrobat"

Commentaires: It sounds corny, but I now look forward to working with PDF files. The software has worked flawlessly. With it, I get my work done quickly and easily. As I said, for some reason, the work (at least, this part of my work) almost seems fun when using PDF-XChange.

Avantages: Like most folks, I frequently need to view PDF files as this is how most documentation is deployed. On top of that, I also need to print out Microsoft Word documents and combine the files together into user manuals, as well as edit them. This software lets me do all of that and more. Even though PDF software might have the features you need, I want them to be intuitive. It's frustrating to spend a lot of time hunting and searching for what you need. PDF-XChange has done a pretty good job making it easy to accomplish what you set out to do. Finally, I guess that I am a "power-user". I get annoyed when I cannot customize the user interface so that just the tools I want are quickly available. For PDF software, this becomes even more important because I want to be able to easily configure the screen layout for reading different types of documents -- and the navigation tools have to be convenient and intuitive as it seems I'm rarely reading sequentially through the pages like a novel. I'm happy to say that PDF-XChange allowed me to customize the user interface with an extremely high degree of flexibility. It seems to let you configure almost anything - but, I didn't find that it was too difficult to figure out. Overall, I can't speak too highly of their software.

Inconvénients: I'm struggling to find a fault with the software. Thus far, I haven't found a feature that's disappointed me. Oh, I know one, it would be great if they offered a version for the Mac OS!

• Publié le 18/08/2019
Marco antonio P.
Ass. Jurídico
Administration publique, 10 000+ employés
  • Publié le 11/10/2019

"A very good PDF reader and editor"

Commentaires: I have been using PDF-XChange Editor for years and this software has met my needs well. I started using the free version and, realizing the advantages of the full version, got the license. It is even possible to do some tasks with other free software, which I have come to see, but with PDF-XChange is much faster and practical. It really is software I recommend.

Avantages: - open very fast
- open very large files
- allow advanced edition, like cut, extract and insert pages

Inconvénients: - the changes in the features in the last editions.

• Publié le 11/10/2019
Administration, Finance and Control Plant Manager
Produits pharmaceutiques, 1 001-5 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Essai gratuit
  • Publié le 29/07/2019

"Good, but some improve is needed to edit funcionality"

Commentaires: PDF-XChange allows to quickly process pdf's without the need to gather the source it comes from. Extremely useful in today's work environments where production and transmission of digital documents represent a relevant part of daily activity (ie: invoicing / orders / brochures). Some annoying aspects affect the software reliability (typography consistency) and decrease productivity, but after some practice and experience, they can be easily handled with some workaround.

Avantages: Ease of use and intuitive interface make this software accessible for users at any level. Well organized top ribbon with few well grouped buttons allow to navigate among functions, and let users easily add/edit elements on their pdf documents, with an overall word processor feeling.

Inconvénients: Some negative aspects are related to the edit function. In several cases, the software tends to change the original font in a specific chunk of text (ie: if you want to add a letter in a mistyped word), and even if the typography appears good and consistent during the editing session, it loses consistency as soon as you save it. Someway the software replaces the original typography with a new one.

Réponse de l'éditeur

envoyé par Tracker Software Products le 02/08/2019

Hi!
Could you please send us support@tracker-software.com the document where "the software tends to change the original font"? We would be happy to solve this issue.

Cinzia M.
Degree
Transport routier/ferroviaire, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 24/10/2019

"Pdf-XChange"

Commentaires: With PDF-XChange you can compose your file document as you like. It is possible to extract pages, to paste in another pdf, to overwrite contents, to add your comments and really a lot of other infinitely useful features if you work a lot with documents and pdf

Avantages: This software is easy even if you are doing your first steps in the IT world.
You can manage a lot of different format files, as pdf, jpg, etc.; configure it as your scanner, in order to save single or multiple pages document.

Inconvénients: PDF X-Change is often updated with new features and smart layout

• Publié le 24/10/2019
Patrick C.
Director of Operations
Gestion de l'enseignement, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 08/10/2019

"There IS an alternative to Adobe Acrobat!"

Commentaires: We save a lot of our documents (invoices, receipts, statements, etc.) in PDF format. PDF-XChange just makes the process of working with PDFs simple and efficient. At one point I worked at a temporary job where I was not able to install PDF-XChange on my computer. I really felt the absence of PDF-XChange during that time (and when it was over, one of the things that I was excited about was being able to use it once again).

Avantages: The feature that probably won me over to PDF-XChange (and led me successively from the free version to the PRO version) is manipulating PDFs: adding pages, removing pages, reordering pages, rotating pages, etc. Another feature that I use quite a bit is the stamp, which I use to insert my signature into documents. However, I could go on and on about other features of the application.

Inconvénients: On a few rare occasions I have encountered issues with "special" or out-of-the-ordinary printing. When this occurs, I typically revert to Adobe Acrobat Reader. However, PDF-XChange makes this very easy with the 'Launch' button that appears in the lower right-hand corner. So, PDF-XChange is helping me indirectly in a situation where it may not be able to help me directly.

• Publié le 08/10/2019
Jason H.
IT / CAD Services Manager
Génie civil, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 22/10/2019

"Better than Adobe in my opinion (unless creating forms)"

Commentaires: It has aided us in creating a digital workflow for readlines. We no longer do them by hand and most of the engineers use the markup tools for comments. They also love the digital signatures

Avantages: Nearly Everything. It's faster than Adobe, It's intuitive to most people, It's priced at a point we could afford.

Inconvénients: Forms. Forms are one area where it does not compete with Adobe. Our HR Manager refuses to use it because of that. Adobe will automatically populate a pdf with underline and checkboxes with form fields and there is very little to edit afterward. PDF-XChange doesn't have anything close. She also says the Search / Help of Adobe is better and more intuitive. I happen to disagree and think she just likes it because it's interface is "prettier" Editing a printed PDF is also better in Adobe. They recognize words with large white space as being separate while PDF XChange clumps them together in rows with a large number of spaces between.

Civil Engineer
Génie civil, 11-50 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 14/03/2020

"PDF Xchange - So easy to handle .pdf files"

Commentaires: I have used numerous PDF software for PDF and PDF-Xchange is something special for me. There are 100 reasons available to referrer someone to use PDF-Xchange for everyone. Everyone should try PDF-Xchange.

Avantages: I'm working in Civil Engineering Design firm and making and review reports are essential and I have to handle 100s of PDF documents daily basis. I love PDF-Xchange just because it's optimized performance. Opening and closing of PDF files and too quick when compared to other PDF software. Scrolling and PAN features are works smoothly and making comments on PDF are looking good. It helps to converts word and excel files without taking too much of time and also we can converts image files to PDF quickly. Organizing and re-arranging options also available in this PDF Xchange.

Inconvénients: I'm using PDFXchange for my every PDF works except editing PDF documents. I'm badly missing this feature in this software and I want to use Adobe for editing PDF files. I hope this feature will be introduced in future.

• Publié le 14/03/2020
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Essai gratuit
  • Publié le 30/08/2019

"The best PDF Editor out there"

Commentaires: I can edit sign annotate pdfs easily. It is a great desktop software.

Avantages: I Can view, edit, secure my pdf documents and almost every other feature i could ever need in a pdf viewer and editor.

Inconvénients: I can not state any feature i dislike about this software. It is simple to use and does what its suppossed to.

• Publié le 30/08/2019
Postdoctoral Fellow
Recherche, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 21/10/2019

"Time to change your PDF editor to PDF-XChange"

Commentaires: very good and hope to keep using PDF-XChange in near future

Avantages: PDF-XChange is a terrific package which addresses almost all the commonly used features of a much more expensive and popular PDF editor software at a fraction of cost. The user interface has also improved a lot over the updates. They also offered me an 'academic user discount' !

Inconvénients: I haven't had any issues with this software.

• Publié le 21/10/2019
New Business Trainee
Génie civil, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 04/01/2020

"A great program to view pdf files"

Commentaires: Overall, PDF-XChange is a very useful program in my daily work.

Avantages: What I like most about PDF-XChange is the ease and speed with which I can view my files, becoming practical in my daily life.

Inconvénients: What I least like about PDF-XChange is that it could have some extra editing features, but nothing that gets in the way of my daily use.

• Publié le 04/01/2020
Paul S.
Executive
Aviation et industrie aéronautique, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 18/10/2019

"If you work with PDFs, you need this software"

Commentaires: My team works with many documents and many of them arrive or must be shipped in PDF format. The PDF-XChange family of products is always my first choice when searching, creating, modifying PDFs. No other toolset provides me the range of capabilities at the price of PDF-XChange.

Avantages: The user interface is clean and simple. The range of capability is the best I've seen with any PDF tool, and I've used many. The portable version of PDF-XChange Editor is very, very useful in IT environments that have "approved" PDF solutions that are no-where near as powerful as PDF-XChange.

Inconvénients: I wish there were Portable versions of all your PDF tools.

• Publié le 18/10/2019
Jeff S.
CISO
Banque, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 29/07/2019

"Great alternative to other high priced products to manipulate PDF's"

Commentaires: We use PDF-XChange throughout our organization in various departments and rarely have any issues at all. We have never had to call tech support for assistance and users pickup functionality with minimal effort. Product has saved our staff 100's of hours manipulating and organizing PDF documents.

Avantages: The ability to quickly manipulate existing PDF's or simply create a new one from scratch was amazing. We work with thousands of in-house PDF's that are always being modified, therefor ease of use was a major requirement. Did I forgot the mention the price is 1/3 of what some of it's major competitors are charging. A commonly not used gem of a feature is the ability to shared PDF's in a library format so same PDF's are not getting overridden, therefor highly suggest using this feature if in multi users environment.

Inconvénients: Creating form fields can be a little complex, but to that fact, i have not found any software that does an exceptional job of this other than Adobe Pro's auto create form fields function.

Harold M.
Engineer
Construction, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
  • Publié le 22/10/2019

"The best price for the wealth of functionality"

Commentaires: My overall experience has been great! The ease of use that the program offers is extremely beneficial. I have been able to adapt to the program almost immediately.

Avantages: The full spectrum of customization and the ease of use. I enjoy the fact that I have been able to customize a lot of keyboard shortcuts. I have customized the Comment Tools (highlight tool, lines tool, various shape tools, text boxes, callout boxes, etc) to have each color that I use most. Each one is easily accessible through a drop down on the toolbar or ribbon. The program also has Measuring Tools, just set the scale and dimensions, areas, and perimeter can easily and quickly be measured. Each of the toolbar/ribbon can be collapsed and expanded depending on how much viewing space is desired. The best feature of all, CTRL+SHIFT+F: a side bar pops up which allows for an easy search function. The results are organized and easy to track; the program has an option to either search all open documents or just one specific document.

Inconvénients: There is only one feature I desire: the ability to overlay one page over another for comparison purposes.

András M.
managing director
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 12/10/2019

"The best PDF printer and reader for small companies"

Commentaires: When we print save special PDF files, we can use a different virtual printer where we can setup the settings, like watermarks, security settings (preventing editing or copying from the files). The usage is very easy and the software is very fast when you open or edit the PDF files.

Avantages: The application is very fast when we are opening PDF files, we also use this software to print documents into PDF files where we can easily customize the content of the PDF files. We can add security, watermark, etc.

Inconvénients: The application has a weak point, when you upgrade the program, it will overwrite some files, what you customized, example titrules.js. You have to do a backup before upgrading, so you can copy back your customizied file, otherwise you loose you settings.

• Publié le 12/10/2019
Petr L.
engineer
Génie civil, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
  • Publié le 04/02/2020

"The best PDF viewer"

Commentaires: I have been using another PDF software until now. On the last project, I needed to open huge PDF files (drawings). With currently used PDF viewer it was impossible, because of loading time and refresh time.
So I have started finding on web, what would be more efficient for my work. I tried some PDF viewers and PDF-Xchange Editor wast the fastest and the best for work with huge PDF files (about 8 MB).
I got used to UI of PDF XChange very quickly and I wouldn't change any more.

Avantages: very quick in refresh shifted views
a lot of tools in free version
intuitive control

Inconvénients: missing symbols in stamp tool
counting tool with increasing numbers. It would be very useful for quick counting of elements on drawing. Function of tool would be place a mark and number would appear beside it.

Réponse de l'éditeur

envoyé par Tracker Software Products le 11/02/2020

Hi Petr,
About the question "quick counting of elements on drawing" - it is possible with the dynamic stamps. You can create and use them.
How to do, you may find in the articles: https://www.tracker-software.com/knowledgebase/543-Advanced-Dynamic-Stamp-Creation

or ask our support team support@tracker-software,com (it may be complicated if you never did it, but we can create JS for you for the counting elements and explain how to use it.)

• Publié le 04/02/2020
Cindy B.
Closeout Specialist & HR Administrator
Télécommunications, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 22/04/2018

"Better Than Adobe Acrobat (99% of the time)"

Commentaires: It was a replacement for Adobe Acrobat 9 that I previously used. I didn't want to go to the subscription-based software, and I actually ended up LOVING this software much better than I ever did with Acrobat. And that's saying a lot - I was a very brand-loyal Adobe user!

Avantages: The interface is so easy to use - much easier than Acrobat! The menus are more easily customized, and functionality seems much easier to find. The "Add Text" feature is my favorite. It's so much easier to pinpoint exactly where I want to insert the text and then to adjust it to where I want it to be. And it is also easier to adjust the size, typeface, etc. It's so intuitive, and I like the interface better than any of its competitors. Best of all, it was so much more reasonably priced! In my office, three of us have the Tools package and one of us has the PRO package. We use it daily. I use it to prepare annotated reports for clients and redline drawings when we close out construction projects. It's so nice to have easily-manipulated tools! We've also just begun using the batch tools. I am a huge fan of this software!

Inconvénients: The only thing I don't like about this software is that it does not have the ability to automatically detect fields when creating forms. The Tracker Software team has promised in the forums that it's on their list of things to implement, but has not given a definite date for this to happen. When it does, this software is going to be PERFECT.

• Publié le 22/04/2018
John B.
Construction, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 22/10/2019

"Best PDF software ever!"

Commentaires: In construction we are constantly reviewing and creating PDFs. I have created thousands of product submittal packages, proposals and presentations with X-change. Its one of the first programs i open when i fire up the computer and its ready to go with last session saved.

Avantages: PDF X-change is affordable, streamlined, and easy to learn. I found it almost 10 years ago when i was searching for an alternative to Adobe and I've used it almost every day since.

Inconvénients: I miss the old format of the X-change Viewer. But at the same time I'm able to do even more with the X-change Editor and glad i finally moved over with Windows 10.

Paramveer S.
MD RESIDENT
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 10 000+ employés
  • Publié le 01/04/2019

"PDF Xchange editor is a cheap alternative to adobe acrobat"

Avantages: i moved from adobe acrobat to pdf- xchange after seeing that most features provided are comparable in quality and latter is so much cheaper and no subscription. I made this move 2-3 years back and happy ever since.
- feature set at par with adobe acrobat
- can do text redaction, extraction, customized printing options available
- pellet of highlight color available, so i can switch from one color (yellow) to red in just one click
- does not take excessive hard disk space
- vertical scroll instead of horizontal scroll has made scrolling long pdf's a breeze
- does not lag and system remains stable
- colors are natural
- frequent updates
- learning curve is not high since it uses ms office template of options
- swiftly integrated with outlook to send pdf in an email
- has pdf protection features
- can flatten comments
- has features to make form in pdf file
- can edit pdf text and can make a pdf file from scratch
- has inbuilt ocr

Inconvénients: - the pen tool needs improvement, which is why another pdf application is required for touch screen laptops
- cannot extract highlighted texts
- does not have highlight tool in full screen mode
- not many :-)

• Publié le 01/04/2019
Jonathan armstrong C.
Senior Systems Officer
Pétrole et énergies, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 15/10/2019

"All Around Improvement over Adobe"

Commentaires: PDF-XChange allows me to quickly tweak PDF documents without interrupting my workflow.

Avantages: Works faster than the competition. Works well on Windows 10. Very capable editing functions. At this price, you really can't beat it.

Inconvénients: Sometimes it is hard to find the feature you are looking for because there are so many.

• Publié le 15/10/2019
Gary S.
Individual
Rédaction et correction, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 30/09/2019

"PDF-XChange Pro Review"

Avantages: The ability to use .PNG signatures to insert a signature that does not blot out the text that is under it. The ability to insert and extract pages or to combine separate PDF's into one. I like the ability to include fonts so that my page will display properly on all computers and the ability (PRO) to insert live links.

Inconvénients: It is broken into several separate modules. Were it all combined, I'd give it top ratings across the board.

• Publié le 30/09/2019
Alessio B.
Architect
Urbanisme et architecture, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 09/10/2019

"BEST QUALITY-PRICE"

Avantages: The easy to use design. It's very simple to use and has a lot of function.

Inconvénients: the user's interface is not modern. it could be better.

• Publié le 09/10/2019
David W.
Appraiser
Immobilier, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 16/10/2019

"Best Value for Powerful PDF Program"

Commentaires: This is the standard program I encourage others to use. My wife is a teacher, and I've shown her how this can help in her classroom. It's a great, solid program.

Avantages: The price-point is good; it's not stupidly expensive.
It's crazy easy to use.
It does so many of the regular things we need: add, delete, or rearrange pages; add text, notes, highlights, etc.; add stamps to one or all pages; rotate; convert to JPG; extract text; snip image; pixel calculations...

Inconvénients: It's not free, but then neither are my services.

• Publié le 16/10/2019
Michael E.
n.a.
Rédaction et correction, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 01/10/2019

"The only one (pdf software)"

Commentaires: Simply: this is the best.

Avantages: It gives me all the necessary functions I need, rearranging, deleting, adding pages. I can add memos, passwords whatever is necessary. I still haven't used all the possibilities (like adding signatures, backgrounds, ...) but I know that I don't need any software else for my pdf needs.

Inconvénients: That it doesn't run natively under Linux. I tried Wine-Ubuntu but it didn't work well. It was some years ago, I think I will try again.
Here and there are some shortcomings like I cannot add pictures as memos.

• Publié le 01/10/2019
Jan O.
Researcher
Enseignement supérieur, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 03/10/2019

"View of a researcher"

Avantages: - Easy to use
- good UI (I do prefer it over Adobe Acrobat)
- Very good annotation tools (I especially love styles)
- So far no big issues with compatibility of annotations (reason why I don't use Foxit reader)
- Affordable with academic discount
- Powerful bookmark tools (I really like them!)
- Basic OCR in free version

Inconvénients: - unsatisfactory touch support
- missing (?) support for pen (I have Surface Go)
- Academic discount does not apply on Enhanced OCR and on maintenance
- Difficult switching between OCR engines (Latin is not supported in Enhanced OCR)

• Publié le 03/10/2019
Jessie F.
Administrative Assistant
Génie civil, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 08/01/2019

"PDF-XChange"

Commentaires: I use PDF-XChange daily. I really enjoy the ease of use and the extensive features that make combining documents and making a professional PDF easy. The bookmarking feature makes finding pages a breeze. I love the ability to stamp documents right inside the software as well. Overall, an excellent program for anyone working with PDF's or documents they need to turn into PDFs.

Avantages: PDF-XChange is a software that I use daily. It is easy to use and makes professional documents. There are extensive features that make using PDF-XChange a one stop program for quick and easy PDF documents. I love being able to combine many documents into one PDF. I can rearrange pages and easily bookmark them. PDF-XChange is a comprehensive and valuable software for anyone working with Word or other programs.

Inconvénients: The one thing that I would change about PDF-XChange is the ability to edit documents once they are in the software program. You can use the text edit feature, but it is cumbersome and not very intuitive. I would prefer something that is easier to manipulate once you are already immersed in the program.

• Publié le 08/01/2019