Avis clients sur Mattermost

En savoir plus sur Mattermost

Un cloud privé en open source qui propose une solution alternative à Slack avec une messagerie professionnelle pour le web, les PC et les smartphones.

En savoir plus sur Mattermost

Self Hosted, easy to use and implement on our own servers.

Since one of the more recent versions, they've altered a couple of shortcuts. One of these means I can no longer type an @-sign, making mentioning people rather difficult.

Mattermost - Notes

Mattermost a reçu une note globale de 4,4 étoiles sur 5 d'après 126 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Mattermost ?

Jander
Jander
Project Manager (Brésil)
Enseignement supérieur, 5 001-10 000 employés

Alternatives envisagées :

Facilitate communication with your team

5,0 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : Mattermost helps us a lot in communicating with the team.
We can communicate with different teams and different projects.
The tool has become essential for a good performance of projects.

Communication with channels, private or public; Individual communication; Integration with other solutions: Gitlab, for example; Possibility of using plugins.

Some bugs in notifications sometimes make us miss messages; Plugins do not work in the mobile app;

Senior Developer (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 201-500 employés

Mattermost: Self-Hosted Superior Alternative To Slack

Commentaires : Mattermost allows us to quickly keep connected to our colleagues across the world. It allows people to form groups and chat easily to many different teams, all within the same desktop app, web app, or mobile app.

This software is very easy to install and supports a simple Docker install, which makes it easy to keep up to date and secure. There are multiple examples on installing and running Mattermost in different cloud hosting environments, and the user community is also very helpful. Running the software locally means you can keep a much better eye on its security and usage. Its user management and directory integration is superior to Slack's. The desktop and mobile clients are fast and easy to install/configure/maintain.

There's not much that I dislike about Mattermost. Its open source nature may put some people off, but paid support and enterprise licensing solve that issue immediately.

Fernando Matías
Desarrollador de software (Argentine)
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Essai gratuit

Alternativa aceptable

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : En las versiones más recientes del software se ha mejorado bastante su usabilidad y sus características, así también como su estabilidad (principalmente, en sistemas operativos del tipo linux).

Tiene mucha facilidad de uso, y se implementa sin muchas complejidades para las necesidades de nuestro uso diario.

La configuración de ciertas características puede llegar a ser un poco tediosa.

QA Engineer (Philippines)
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés

Mattermost user for more than 2 years -- here's my review

3,0 il y a 11 mois

1. If you like a free messaging tool for your team, Mattermost might be for you. It is like a knock-off version of Slack. 2. It has a mobile app that can be accessed both in PlayStore and AppStore. 3. I love its customized emoji functionality! You can also react to each reply so it is very desirable for me. 4. Even though it is free, your messages do not expire and be auto-deleted, unlike in Slack -- I love this feature.

1. Reply functionality is a bit of a hassle because your replies tend to be a little bit scattered, unlike in Slack where it is more neat and organized.

Software Developer (Turquie)
Logiciels, 1 001-5 000 employés

Mattermost Review

5,0 il y a 2 mois

Commentaires : We prefer Mattermost for real-time messaging within the team. The biggest reason why it is preferred is that it can be used internally. It is secure, successful in instant messaging, notifications arrive on time. Sometimes there is a problem with file sharing.

The interface is nice, real-time messaging is successful, the biggest plus is that it can be used internally.

Uploading files for file sharing is sometimes a problem and if you don't use the desktop application, you may experience problems with notifications.

Fernando
Fernando
COO (Espagne)
Logiciels, 11-50 employés

Awesome colaboration tool

5,0 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : We use mattermost for team communication in presencial and remote job. We change from mail communication to chat communication

Main features for us: easy use, on site option, boards and channels and easy API

I would like Mattermost has better video and call options

Ana
Scrum Master (Finlande)
Logiciels, 5 001-10 000 employés

Good collaborative tool

Commentaires : It is good collaborative tool as alternative to slack.

I like how easy is to use and allows different "rooms" for collaboration for teams. It is a great tool for fast daily communication.

Not much that I didn't like but I have been using for so long different products so habbit of using and switching to it was a tricky part. Maybe lack of 3ed party connection to tools.

Silvan
Learning Experience Designer (Suisse)
E-learning, 11-50 employés

A good alternative to Slack

4,0 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : We ended up looking for an alternative to Mattermost because of Slack's price-performance ratio and would switch again today.

Mattermost is constantly being developed and you can tell that it's going further. In addition, as a collaboration tool, it provides the most important information. No more and no less.

At the beginning (approx. 2018) it was still a bit unstable and some important features were still missing. This has gotten much better in 2022. Over the years, with many users, maintenance and upkeep should never be neglected. Otherwise it will be slow and have long loading times when changing channels etc. Plugins work, but not all are mature (e.g. Jitsi caused problems for us)

Wassim
Student (Espagne)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001-5 000 employés

Review

5,0 il y a 3 semaines Nouveau

A great messaging tool for internal chatting with the co-workers. It has a great user interface and I like the fact that you can find a lot of gifs and create your own sticker. Very convenient and fun

Sometimes it's difficult to keep track of thread messages. It would be better if threads can be more visible

Lead Software Engineer (É.-U.)
Enseignement supérieur, 501-1 000 employés

I used this as a potential slack replacement.

It's free and integrates with gitlab. It has the same features as slack and doesn't have many of the limitations

It (used to at least) require your own notification service and wasn't as smooth as slack. The apps may have gotten better since I used it last (it's been about a year). Free Slack still tends to dominate the market.

Adam
Code monkey / Bot farmer (R.-U.)
Logiciels, 2-10 employés

Switched to Mattermost after using Slack extensively, but got sick of the 10000 message limit

Commentaires : A platform to discuss issues and feature ideas around our open source project, without cluttering up the threads on github. A great way to stay in touch with devs from all around the world.

That we can host it ourselves, for one. We used to use the free tier of slack, but quickly discovered that the message limit was causing issues when we needed to recall conversations had in the past. It's been relatively hassle-free in getting it set up, and the whole team love it! One or two of us (myself included) were inspired to brush up on some of our coding skills when we discovered it didn't quite have the integrations that slack did, and as such have learned a lot about how Mattermost is put together, and how to create bots to get the information we need via webhooks. The Mattermost developers and community at large have been very helpful in answering questions when we've come up against issues, and I have even got a couple of my integrations featured on the integrations page of their website!

Really, not a whole lot. Ideally I would like to be able to sign into multiple slack servers from the mobile app (though, the native app has really come along in leaps and bounds recently). The only thing I miss from the Slack days is a sidebar/widget that tells you the local times of the other users (handy when working with folk from overseas!), though we have recently developed our own slash command to return this information, it would be nice if it was built in to the server. I should probably feed this back to the devs.... ;)

Viorel-Cosmin
CTO (Tchéquie)
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés

Our day with Mattermost

Commentaires : We solve the need to have a Support/Chat/Client support software, with this we have it all in one.
It helped us keep communications across teams and countries painless.
Integrated with all entire ecosystem from Taiga.io to Gitlab for a better DevOps experience.
Overall every chance we had to contribute we toke it, thats why we decided to fully translate mattermost in Romanian language, do we did.
If you need a centralized devops collaborative platform, give it a try!

One executable binary, simple to upgrade and maintain! Reliable self hosted alternative to other SaaS PaaS options. Cross-platform applications ready to use. Amazing open source community built around the product, friendly and helpful people!

It requires integration directory to allow users app deployment in mattermost ecosystem with ease. A bot repository is missing, this can fir next to all others apps and allow users automatic deployments of any apps from the store. Store idea is not a new concept, and a company that respects themselves should make use of own repository. Allow users to safely deploy tested and 100% working apps along their Mattermost instance.

paata
artdirector (Géorgie)
Réseaux informatiques, 1 001-5 000 employés

mattermost review

Commentaires : I use mattermos mohr than one year, but still can not used to it. main reason is that when I get the new notification, I don't get some signal, or beep. it doesn't appears on screen.
mattermost is in my company main communication system. if I would asked, I would changed it with skype for business, or lync

mattermost is our companies inside network. we use it everyday to communicate. I like it because I have it also in my mobile. now when I work remotely, i am not always nearby computer and with mattermost I am always in touch.

Shawn
CTO (Canada)
Logiciels, 51-200 employés

Mostly good, but I do feel it is a slightly lesser experience than some proprietary options.

Commentaires : Control over our hosting and data

Open source and self hosted, I don't get irritated if slack goes down and I don't have to worry about my data security or my data just being lost of the company goes belly up. This is far and away our primary reason for using this instead of Slack,Hipchat,Cisco, etc. It doesn't ask anywhere on this survey, but we use it for about 80 people, 60 staff and then various clients and contractors. We don't use many of the enterprise features, we just pay the licensing to support open source.

iOS and Android Apps are pretty idiocy, they're getting a bit better, but they are easily the worst part and I field lots of complaints about them. I would trade all new features and other fixes for faster and more reliable apps. The web interface is much better, but a bit buggy, nothing serious but little lags and quirks persist longer than I would expect. The install process is also a bit silly, copy pasting files and such, a provided .deb or a custom apt repository would be 100x better and save me upgrade time and downtime. The lack of this is surprising considering almost all other software I use has this, even when it is free or small.

Software developer (É.-U.)
Banque, 10 000+ employés

Great for communication and to stay connected.

Commentaires : It is a great experience just that call options are not possible yet.

The best thing about mattermost is it has minimal crashed unlike Skype and here we can create groups and have the groups without the need to create the groups again and again. Also personal chats are possible. Anybody can join a group with an invitation. this is very useful in cases like a organization has a support group and all employees added to that group and communication is reachable to all the members. There is no limit for members in the group. A member can leave or join the group as required. Groups can be made private or public.

The only concern is mattermost doesn't have calling option.. this is the only drawback. Would be great if calling is enabled.

Editorial Manager II (É.-U.)
Marketing et publicité, 51-200 employés

Make the Most of Mattermost

Commentaires : Between communications platforms, voice calls, emails, and texting, there are numerous ways to communicate with colleagues. My company decided to use Mattermost because it helps us avoid clogging up email when we have quick questions to ask or non-essential company-wide messages to send.

My company has over 200 employees ranging multiple departments (from editorial to strategy to support) and offices. Mattermost helps us stay connected in a quick and efficient way because we can easily connect and disconnect from channels according to our business or personal needs. For example, I am part of a group that connects members of my immediate editorial team and other groups that connect my larger team, my support resources, and strategy team members. It helps me stay organized in my communications, and it's much easier than using email or texting to communicate quickly with people on a daily basis.

Because my company is relatively large, we have dozens of channels on Mattermost. I sometimes find it difficult to find specific channels that I'm not already a part of, especially if I don't know the precise name of the channel or group. This sometimes ends up being a hindrance to what is typically quick and efficient communication. Nevertheless, I enjoy using Mattermost and would recommend it to other businesses.

Tobias
Software Developer (Allemagne)
Machines, 1 001-5 000 employés

Very intuitive and solid software which is perfect for running a slack replacement on premise.

Commentaires : A super and ready to use Slack alternative.

* The replacement of slack * Mattermost has almost the same features as Slack * You can host and run your own instance on your own server (For companies which hate clouds) :) * You have a good overview of logs and you can see what goes around * The statistics gives a good point when a dev team is productive * You can easily create unlimited integrations which some internal stuff

* The lack of integrations (Slack is here over the top) * The incoming hook limitation of maximum content length is the hell (Mattermost don't inform the customer about a message which was higher above the hard coded message size limit) * UX in Slack is a little bit better (Slack is massively using websockets and eventstreams to fetch the actual team messages) -> You see always whats going on * A 'Unread' channel (like in slack) would be a pleasure ;) * A step by step guide for creating an integration would not bad for not advanced users

Sarah
CSR (É.-U.)
Télécommunications, 11-50 employés

Great Application for Internal Messaging

Commentaires : Mattermost is fantastic for internal messaging for an office looking to communicate between departments discreetly. The web app is flawless, and the mobile app is useful with some glitches, i.e. force quitting, delayed responses. I would highly recommend Mattermost for those looking for an intuitive instant messaging software suited for professional use.

Mattermost is customizable and fairly simple to use. There’s essentially no learning curve as it has all the familiar landmarks of instant messaging. I love the ability to create customer emojis which my office lovingly partakes in. It allows us to work efficiently and quietly, while being able to communicate seamlessly between departments. The interface looks clean, and I can’t think of any glitches to date on the web application version.

I would like a better search feature, and perhaps the ability to search by person rather than just chronological. I use both the web app and the mobile app, and the mobile app can occasionally force quit and delays messages now and then.

RN (É.-U.)
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 201-500 employés

Quickly ping a colleague!

5,0 l’année dernière

Commentaires : It is easy to deploy among a large scale corporation, as my company has been using it for over 1 year. Previously we used Hipchat, which did not have as many features or functionality. I honestly cannot say enough about Mattermost

Texting like platform creates a wonderful way to ping someone of your activities, needs, or simply to communicate. Excellent way to notify a coworker quite quickly without needing to move and converse. I love the ability to switch on and off the auditory aspect of the application. The group option is cool as well. With large companies, you can jump in and out of groups, such as "support" groups or "tech" groups to quickly answer pressing needs, and then jump back out.

Simple integration into business- you just need a computer or smartphone/tablet to really utilize this software. There isn't anything I don't like about this product, very well used and liked by the whole company.

software engineer (Belgique)
Services et technologies de l'information, 501-1 000 employés

Better than Slack

Commentaires : Apart from the shortcut breaking the @-mentioning on my AZERTY keyboard, mattermost is a fantastic tool.

The ability to add many channels, with/without passwords, as and when needed. Combining multiple servers with separate usersets.

Tim
Tim
Redakteur (Allemagne)
Édition, 11-50 employés

Great user acceptance and ease of use

The interface is pretty much self-explanatory. This is why the user acceptance is quite good. Customizing the interface is straight forward and can be done at user level. The open source cummunity around Mattermost is really nice and welcoming. Apps for every operating systems are available and easy to use once manually set up. Scalability was never a problem with 1000+ users.

Setting up integrations is more complex than with Slack, where integrations can be installed with one click in the backend. There is an app directory, but the apps need to be set up manually. Once set up, they just work. Incoming webhooks are the only exception; they work out of the box. Mobile perfomance is gradually getting better, but it's not yet up to Slack's par. The Windows-app is not yet ready for big scale rollouts via group policies.

Director (Inde)
Logiciels, 11-50 employés

Mattermost

Commentaires : Very good. Prefer it to slack as it can be self hosted

Self Hosted, easy to use and implement on our own servers.

Needs Manual intervention to clean up old files

Anjali
Anjali
Sr. Software Engineer (Inde)

User friendly Software, like it.

I am using this software from last 1year and the experience is amazing. This software provides great features and it is so user friendly. You get used to it very soon and you will definitely like it. The channels, individual notifications and maintaining the history of messages and not losing them 2weeks upfront like other communcation channels differs it from other softwares. Chat options, the emojis all the perfect. The integrations with 3rd party tools is also so easy and smooth. We used this as major communication channel between offshore and onshore team and we have teamcity integrations for build success/failure messages. It integrated so well.

Personally i like it, i don't find any issue with this software. It is just few softwares more overrated and people prefer those. But believe me this one is if you get used to it will never let you switch to some other communication channel.

imedo
telemarketing representative (Géorgie)
Télécommunications, 1 001-5 000 employés

it was improvement

Commentaires : overall despite it being hard to install manually on smartphones it is way better than our past solution.

we had to change from past solution to mattermost, it was huge jump. mainly it's chatting way between company so its mainly informal and matter mostly offers modern chat features, custom emoji emoji etc.

getting mobile app and making it running is little bit hard because you need to know your chat server and its little bit hard for most people.

sherrie
CSANA (É.-U.)
Vente au détail, 10 000+ employés

Communication for the masses

Commentaires : Mattermost is a great software to use with the virtual employee situation which allows the sharing of ideas, answers to customer facing issues, and the ability to communicate privately with leadership and/ or teammates. The chat is instantaneous, which allows for faster responses than emails.

Interactive media that allows instant communication with teammates and leadership, whether it was a question or just sharing of daily life. The ability to host channels that was based on teams, programs, and specified topics. All individuals were able to have private groups to chat with friends, co workers, or teams.

The scroll in chats often moved so very quickly that questions and responses were missed. Inability to customize responses such as color, fonts, etc.