Avis clients sur VirtualBox

En savoir plus sur VirtualBox

Une application de virtualisation multiplateforme qui permet d'exécuter plusieurs systèmes d'exploitation simultanément sur une même machine.

En savoir plus sur VirtualBox

Variety of options to handle peripherals and networking. API allows interaction with other build products (Vagrant, Terraform, Puppet), which is great for keeping images current.

Sometimes, virtual operating system gets stuck and we have to restart the virtual box again to make it work.

VirtualBox - Notes

VirtualBox a reçu une note globale de 4,6 étoiles sur 5 d'après 753 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé VirtualBox ?

Roland
ingénieur/chercheur (France)
Recherche, 5 001-10 000 employés

Très facile d'utilisation

4,0 il y a 3 jours Nouveau

La simplicité à utiliser pour mettre en place des machines virtuelles

L'extension pack pourrait être fourni avec directement. C'est nécessaire à une utilisation courante.

lamouri
responsable Informatique (Algérie)
Administration publique, 11-50 employés

tres bon produits pour reduire les pc par contre le pc doit etre performant de ram et de precesseur

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

la facilité d'utilisation la souplesse et surtout la stabilité

la birirectionnelle entre le vertual et le haute

peter
peter
IT Asset and Configuration Analyst , Service Catalog and Knowledge base Manager (Ghana)
Services et technologies de l'information, 201-500 employés

VirtualBox For Virtual Machine

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : VirtualBox is cool to use.

VirtualBox is an ease to use virtual machine. You can easily setup following the tips guide. You can easily create machines as long as you have enough DiskSpace on your physical server or laptop. I like the network feature that allows internet sharing from your local machine and even file sharing. You can actually have any type of Operating System you wish to setup on the VirtualBox.

It takes a lot of memory space and can hang sometimes.

Fábio
Fábio
Senior Software Security Analyst (Brésil)
Logiciels, 501-1 000 employés

VirtualBox has everything to run Linux on Windows Host

4,0 il y a 2 mois

The best way to makes tests on new OS's and distributions is through VirtualBox.Easy to setup and when it is up and running a whole new system is open to be used.

Sometimes the extension for USB support fails to start properly and then a shutdown is required (restart is not enough)

Mo'men
Mo'men
IT Support Specialist (Égypte)
Télécommunications, 11-50 employés

VirtualBox Review

Commentaires : My personal experience with it could be both satisfactory and disappointing, honestly. On the personal side, I'd say almost flawless, but on the professional side, it's not what I'd rely on, but again, you get what you pay for!

VirtualBox is open-source, easy and super fast to install and start, and it's free as well. It helps you test any OS in a few steps and switch between the operating systems you're running easily and swiftly. It's not exclusive to only one operating system.

If you just want to test operating systems and not go in-depth, VM VirtualBox would be okay. However, if you'd like to use it more in-depth, you'd find a few issues. Some computers do not allow the installation of a Virtual Machine software without changing the BIOS, and this, of course, isn't something everyone can do. Some features aren't supported without installing add-ons. Also, sound drivers aren't available. It takes a while to come up and if your computer isn't good on the specs side, you might have a laggy and slow experience. Changing the size of disk storage could be an issue, but such issued were paid attention to with newer versions (5.2). If you use the virtual OS you're running as a main drive or you rely on it for professional purposes, this could be a total disaster as you'd face countless network issues that'd hold you back. However, again, to be fair, these issues would be faced only if you go deep, but if you just run virtual OS for fun, or for simple usage, you'd have nothing to worry about.

Marianela
Marianela
Water Treatment and Environmental Management Consultant (Panama)
Produits chimiques, 51-200 employés

Advantages of VirtualBox to have heterogeneous platforms running on a single computer.

5,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : The virtual machine is a fast, convenient, and secure method of running software that we normally can't use on our native operating system. It really shows its value in professional client-level applications, this makes it an invaluable tool when trying to support more than one operating system simultaneously. In addition, VirtualBox is constantly making updates to its code, which improve performance and increase existing features.

One of the greatest advantages of using a virtual machine like VirtualBox is being able to have software that is in charge of emulating certain hardware, taking advantage of the real resources of our computer and, on top of it, allowing us to install an operating system as if it were a real computer. The virtualized operating system works as if it were a main operating system, so all its functions and features are available from it.

VirtualBox makes the job easier when it comes to running applications that can only run on a specific operating system, the important thing is that we allocate adequate memory and storage resources to be able to have both VirtualBox and the primary operating system of the computer. After having considered this, we can have two environments, apparently heterogeneous, simultaneously without any problem.

Enterprise Admin, Server and Storage, Cloud Admin Devops (Nigeria)
Services et technologies de l'information, 201-500 employés

VirtualBox reviews

Commentaires : good

Easy to use. The software is very direct and a no-brainer to use.

Features. I believe more features can be added to the software for more user options and control.

Ouattara
Ouattara
Telecom Technician (Côte d’Ivoire)
Télécommunications, 201-500 employés

A very light and efficient virtualization software

4,0 il y a 2 mois

Commentaires : I use it mainly to test the OS I hear about and don't want to install on my computer. For personal use, you can use multiple virtual machines simultaneously without worry. It's really very efficient

What I like most about VirtualBox are its simplicity and speed. From its installation to the configuration of its first virtual machine, VirtualBox is straightforward to use and configure. And for me, who doesn't have a powerful PC, it suits me well, because it doesn't require a lot of resources. Apart from the fact that it supports a large number of OS, it is essential to point out that it is totally free (thanks Oracle).

No particular problem with this software. For home use, it is quite effective

innocent
Software developer (R.-U.)
Logistique et chaîne d'approvisionnement, 2-10 employés

My experience with virtualBox

Commentaires : I would say it's very good

That I can install multiple instance.I can use almost any operating system without uninstalling my favorite operating system

Honestly I didn't find any issues using it and for that I would say it was worth the time

Assistant professor (Inde)
E-learning, 201-500 employés

Review of Virtual Box (The Virtual Machine)

4,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : I am using Ubuntu using Virtual Box with host operating system as windows. Ubuntu works well with host operating system i.e. Windows. Overall system is slow, because of high RAM requirement for host machine. I will rate Virtual box, as 7 out of 10.

Most important features is easy integration with new system from host system, ease of creation of virtual machine with detailed settings is what stands out. User can seamlessly integrate host system with system installed in virtual machine host

Full screen features after the virtual system is loaded is difficult to set, specially installing guest additions in virtual machine.

Adji Maloum
Adji Maloum
Agent comptable et de liaison (Cameroun)
Télécommunications, 11-50 employés

Free and virtual

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : I've been using Windows and Mac for years to test systems for advice at work or to my friends.

On the security side, it allows you to surf in a totally secure way since any infections are limited to the machine, which is what makes it sublime to use.

This refuses to load some vmi files downloaded online.

Saymon
Saymon
Software Analyst (Brésil)
Informatique et sécurité réseau, 11-50 employés

VirtualBox Review

5,0 il y a 2 mois

One of the best tools for utilizing VMs on the market.

The only downside was something quite easy to resolve regarding the issue of using VM's with a certain version of Linux.

Kevin
Kevin
Data Consultant/Lecturer (Trinité-et-Tobago)
Services et technologies de l'information, Auto-entrepreneur

Virtualization is awesome.

Commentaires : I use Virtual Box to provide multiple services while retaining a single server. For the classroom VirutalBox provides students with an environment where they can experiment while keeping the base operating system secure and locked. The ability to preserve aging software is critical to many companies I deal with. Inability to upgrade or lack of migration options often means that they need to keep these programs running while replacing broken or old hardware. Snapshots help me to keep perfect copies of system content and provide 100% restores.

The ability to quick install and work inside a virtual operating system with having to build an entirely new system. No messing around with hard disks and bios. Its great when you want to test out Operating System alternatives or when testing current systems via hard disk imaging.

No "out of the box" compatibility with Apple IOS operating system. This is obviously no fault of its creators as Apple has made use of its Operating System near impossible with its hardware but from a teaching perspective its a wasted opportunity especially for those learning helpdesk skills.

Sébastien
Sébastien
Directeur (Mexique)
Logiciels, 2-10 employés

Real Problems No Longer Feel Real Inside a Perfectly Replicated Virtual System with VirtualBox

Commentaires : Thanks to VirtualBox, I have been able to test different systems under controlled conditions. I was able to quickly test the minimum requirements of specific applications by simply changing the settings affecting the virtual machine before using it. It has also allowed me to get comfortable with other operating systems that I don't use regularly and to open native applications flawlessly as opposed to trying to emulate those with an incompatible system. It has saved me many times when deploying destructive scripts for testing purposes that would otherwise have wiped out my real hard drive or infected my machine directly. I feel this is a very well built software and I would be confident in recommending its use to anyone who is looking into virtualization.

The ability to install almost any operating system with great support for USB, ACPI and SMP without the risk of breaking the machine that is being used for virtualization is a strong advantage of VirtualBox. Apart from the fact that it is free and backed by a legendary company, one of its great features resides in the guest additions, which makes it possible to get better performance and communication with the host, such as adding drag & drop and copy/paste abilities. It also supports a wide range of hardware and has always worked very well for my testing purposes as long as enough memory and CPU can be allocated to the virtual machine without affecting the host. Because it is also possible to take snapshots of the virtual machine at any point, it is easy and convenient to test almost anything without having to reformat and waste many hours to set things up again: it suffices to go back in time to retrieve a working version of the instance. I use it mainly on Linux machines, but its great portability and cross-platform nature is an asset when it comes to deploying it on other systems.

When not used to the software, it is confusing why some functions might not be available without the guest additions. On some systems, using a desktop environment with fixed sized windows may distort the aspect ratio of the virtual machine. Instead of auto-scaling, it is then necessary to switch the window into "floating mode" to resize manually. Depending on the resources available, the virtual machine will certainly feel slower than the host, especially with no hardware acceleration. By the nature of virtualization, one needs a lot of system resources to take full advantage of both the host and the virtual machine at the same time. On the positive side, it is easy with VirtualBox to adjust the resources allocated to the virtual machine. It cannot be changed on the fly while using the virtual environment, but it is nevertheless indispensable to be able to do so otherwise.

Francis Carolina
Francis Carolina
Co Editor Chief (Costa Rica)

Everything you need to do software testing in a single workstation

Commentaires : In the organization in which I worked some time ago, all platforms were migrating to free software. As a geographer, I had to make expedited deliveries of maps and that platform was not yet stable, with Virtualbox, I could use traditional software to respond to requests from my bosses. Currently I'm still using Virtualbox but outside the business scope. At home my family enjoys playing video games from the time of our childhood and they can only be executed in windows 98. It could not be possible to have this hobby without VirtualBox.

What I like most is that tool is free, easy to use and functional. These characteristics is what makes software distinguish from other similar ones. I also want to highlight its functions, such as: It allows installing virtually any operating system such as Linux, Android, Mac OS X, Windows, Chrome OS, etc; unlike others in the market. It is extremely easy to create an environment for testing of all kinds. In this way we will easily obtain a test environment completely isolated from the rest of the systems. Virtual machines and virtualization allow to use a single service per virtualized server easily and simply. In this way, even if one of the virtualized servers is dropped, the other will continue to work. Finally, the fact of virtualizing servers or operating systems can mean significant savings in maintenance and energy consumption.

Directly on the software, I could not say that there is something that I do not like, it is quite efficient. The issue is, we must have a computer or workstation that is powerful, since, if we use 2 operating systems simultaneously we are using twice as many resources. In addition, it is also possible that sometimes operating systems and programs will run slower in virtual machines. This is because the virtual machines can not get an ideal performance of the hardware that we have in our team. The more powerful our computer is, the less you will notice the loss of performance.

Krishna
Student Ambassador (É.-U.)
Enseignement supérieur, 11-50 employés

No more spending money to buy computers just to use different operating systems

Commentaires : Overall, Virtualbox has done wonders for me. Allowing me to try to learn new operating systems without having to spend a lot of money to buy a machine that has that operating system.

Virtualbox is open-source software that hosts just about any operating system as a file: Windows, macOS, Linux, Ubuntu, Android, etc. A ton of operating systems to choose from. Of course, to do that, you have to download the actual operating system file that can be several gigabytes. But once done, it's easy to import the OS into Virtualbox and start using out of the box. As a Student Ambassador, one of the duties I have is to showcase my computer science projects in an open house event. I have showcased my projects using the Ubuntu operating system. I wasn't comfortable inserting Ubuntu into my main hard disk as a dual boot. If I need to switch the OS on the fly, having a dual boot setup doesn't let me do that, but VirtualBox does. I am asked to showcase Linux commands I learned in my class to prospective students and their families.

I cannot think of a single dislike. VirtualBox is quite simply, easy to use. No learning curve, and it works out of the box. Of course, the only valid gripe I can give is that you need to have a powerful computer with a good amount of RAM and hard drive space.

Caleb
Junior Software Developer (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 501-1 000 employés

VirtualBox - Free hypervisor for your computer

Commentaires : One of my personal favor feature of the application is the ability to create handy snapshots of different state of each VM you create. I use it mainly to test software and websites before launching them in production. with the snapshot feature, I can install all basic required software in the operating system of my choice and when I believe I have the perfect environment, I create a snapshot, in the event something goes wrong, I can easily revert to the snapshot create for this purpose. This allow me to have a clean slate to start from each time I want to run another test and have all I need.

VirtualBox - is a free open-source, cross-platform and a solid built hypervisor for your computer, which was development by Oracle Corporation. This software is perfect for software reviewers, software testers, software developers and software designers, just to name a few. VirtualBox makes it very easy and convenient to have multiple different operating systems running as guest on your single computer, which acts as the host, eliminating the need to dual boot your machine or the need to have more than one physical computer to run each operating system you might need to perform optimally.

The most recent version 6.0, has a cool and clean interface with minimal clutter. On the left-hand side of the application you can find global tools and all virtual machines and also virtual machine groups that you have created and available on you computer. You also have the handy import and create new VMs with related toolbar buttons for customizable options to suite your needs. Although the software is free, you can adjust just about any feature available, making it work in as you want and need.

Angus
Angus
Company Director (R.-U.)
Logistique et chaîne d'approvisionnement, 2-10 employés

Great For Testing New Software and Virtualisation

4,0 il y a 6 mois

Commentaires : VirtualBox is great, it was the first piece of virtualisation software that I started using, mainly to improve my companies security. We now open all unknown files within a VirtualBox machine, keeping our main environment secure. It's a great piece of software.

My favourite feature about VirtualBox is that it's a completely separate environment from your main Desktop, so if you were to run an infected piece of software, your main machine would be protected.

The software is pretty memory and processor hungry, it can often use a lot more resources than anticipated.

Pascual
Project Manager (Panama)
Logiciels, 51-200 employés

Highlights in the daily use of VirtualBox

4,0 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : After having correctly configured the entire environment, its use becomes relatively simple. And the system is extremely stable, except for some occasions when the operating system and VirtualBox compete for hardware resources. In general, it works quite well and when you have enough memory and a good solid state drive, you won't have any problems with performance.

After being configured, putting it into operation is an extremely simple task. In this way, it is very easy to carry out activities that I could not do from macOS Catalina since I have several very important Windows applications that require this operating system to function. This allows me to cover 100% of the activities.

Sometimes it has been difficult to configure various external devices since having macOS Catalina and VirtualBox, both operating systems could compete with the existing resources, so for example, the device must be deactivated in macOS so that it can be seen from VirtualBox. Another example can be the configuration of the environment before running VirtualBox, which requires advanced computer knowledge to correctly parameterize the "Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager"

Jorge
Jorge
Ingeniero de sistemas (Venezuela)

is a very practical application that allows to install additional operating systems within another

Commentaires : You can install several operating systems on a desktop, Hosts and cross-platform guests, including Windows, Linux and Oracle Solaris, and Mac OS X as host, has Teletransport of virtual machines running between hosts without interruption, has a high performance, supports loads of Massive work of up to 32 virtual CPUs and compatibility with OVF format.

It is an open source software compatible with a large number of guest operating systems, its versatility makes it compatible with x86 / amd64 architectures, it is an application that allows to install additional operating systems, known as "guest systems", within another system operative "host", each with its own virtual environment. In terms of hardware emulation, the hard disks of the guest systems are stored in the host systems as individual files in a container called Virtual Disk Image, incompatible with the other virtualization softwares.

they add great complexity to the system at runtime. The main disadvantage of the virtual machine, is that in the application of some process will have the effect of the slowness of the computer, that is, the computer in which this process is running must have a quite remarkable capacity must be of great capacity or powerful. The languages based on virtual machine, have a disadvantage is that they are actually slower than fully compiled languages, due to the overload generated by having an intermediate software layer between the application and the computer hardware, however, This limitation does not it's too critical.

sumit
sumit
Devops Engineer (Inde)
Logiciels, 501-1 000 employés

Oracle Virtual Box Review

Commentaires : It’s a very good experience to work on Virtual Box

1) It allows to create virtual machine of any OS. 2) It allows to change settings for every single virtual machine. 3) We don’t need to create servers for testing purposes as the virtual machine provides the same functionality. 4) It does not limit the user for using it.

1) Installation process takes very time. 2) On some computers, one must allow virtualisation through bios to create Virtual Machine. 3) There is no copy and paste option in virtual machine. For that we need to open session in putty. 4) Sound Drivers are not present and even we do have full screen size for virtual machine.

WAQAS
Web Administraot (Pakistan)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 51-200 employés

VB - The saviors of developers

I am using this software since 2008. It is light weight Virtualization Software available on market. It is easy to setup and works easily without any glitches. Using this Software to check the operating of website on different Operating Systems. Using this to works on developing cross platform applications.

Well it works great but unlike VMWare VSphere. It only works on one machine and not providing any remote access to operate virtual machines on network.

Joshua
Equipment Engineer (É.-U.)

When coupled with a powerful PC, VirtualBox delivers great performance.

What I like most about this software is the ability it gives to run various operating systems simultaneously, regardless of the operating system environment that the application is running in and definitely allows for much faster crossover between different operating systems as opposed to more manual options that are not as quick to change between such as dual booting a pc or using other VM software. This proves very useful when I am writing a report in one operating system while using another via VirtualBox to run experiments or creating and executing scripts in the VM.

While every VM I have used I do experience lag with, I will also mention this lag with VirtualBox. If VirtualBox is run on a standard or average office computer with limited memory (such as limited RAM), there almost always is a lag when performing long computations such as those that can be associated with programming in a VM. However, when these same computation or programs are run in a machine of higher performance, such as a gaming PC, there is significantly less lag. While this may sound like a computer performance issue, given my computer engineering experience, I feel that VirtualBox can definitely make software improvements to allow for smoother operation of the VM when under "heavy loads".

Fernando
Fernando
SAP BW Consultant (Brésil)
Logiciels, 201-500 employés

Easy to use and reliable virtualization solution.

Commentaires : It has been of big help in my work, it saves me so much time because I only need to create a virtual machine and setup the VPNs once. After that I can just copy the virtual disk files to another machine if I need (when I change my laptop or restore a backup). This is great!

You can create many virtual machines very easily. I use it to setup Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) so they don't affect my host computer setup. VPNs can be very problematic sometimes, and can mess up with your host's network setup, so Virtual Machines are a good way to deal with them. Virtual Box makes this experience much better, it has so many features like the Seamless viewing method and cursor integration that sometimes you don't care if you are using a virtual machine or your host machine, it seems to be the same. You have a great control of the machine execution and parameters, so you can fine tune it the way you like.

The updating method is manual, it checks automatically and tells you that a new version is available but you need to download and install it separately. Maybe it could be improved by being another configuration among many others, so you can choose between "update automatically" or "manual update". But I guess this is even a security measure, so this is not a big con.

Frédéric
Software engineer (Canada)
Logiciels, 2-10 employés

A second computer in your computer

Commentaires : Goood, i use it to test many created by my own web apps and other major software that can affect my own windows ....The independant layer from the host operating system is very usefull

The possibility to boot a old windows or other exploitation system like dos or server software..

No convert tools , like vmware convert to convert your old pc in a new virtual to use fastly and by remote or locally on your computer.