Useful App

Publié le 14/03/2019
FP&A Analyst
Produits pharmaceutiques, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Shift allows me to manage my email inboxes all in one place without having to login to each one every single time I want to check its new content. The application itself is very easy to install and implement on your system. Really should not take more than 10 minutes all things considered. What I like the most about Shift is the easiness in which I can add an additional email or remove one that I no longer require at the moment. With the various upgraded tiers that Shift offers it also enables the app to support a multitude of additional application (other email providers and different apps that you can all integrate within your Shift platform).

Inconvénients: Shift often gets laggy when you open it first thing in the morning. The red notification with the number of new emails that it shows is also often not accurate. Sometimes when I have read all new emails, it would still display "8" or "14" or whatever number of new emails I had previously. I also think it is costly for what it provides.

A mail client which brings all of my google services into one place, across accounts. Excellent.

COO
Logiciels, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: All of my email in one place, including my calendar. It's a familiar interface since it just uses the gmail native interface. The aggregation of accounts / services to a desktop client makes it a win.

Avantages: Having a single mail client which brings all my accounts together. I like that they are all separated, but I can quickly change between them and see unread count in the sidebar. Shortcuts to jump to my calendar and back to my inbox make it quick and easy.
Having it in a desktop client allows me to not need to worry about the browser and which account I'm signed into right now when pulling up my mail.
Ease of use, convenient and familiar (gmail interface), quickly fetched mail, and other features make this a goto client for me right now.
The extensibility now with extensions is a great feature.

Inconvénients: Sometimes it seems like the memory usage by Shift can get a little out of hand. I tend to force quit the application and relaunch it. Sometimes an extension doesn't work correctly and it's not clear how to fix it (like the Zoom extension saying I need to log in again to authenticate, but then not having a method of doing so - at least not easily found).

In love at (Second) Sight

Publié le 18/07/2019
Tatianna H.
Digital Marketing Manager
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I was intrigued by the functionality of this product when I first saw one of their ads on Instagram. It was the all in one solution I was looking for, to minimize the dozens of Chrome tabs I have open every day for work.
I downloaded and started using the free version and loved it at first, but soon found the limitations of the free version (obviously). I stopped using it for a few days and realized that I liked using it - and it made my workflow easier - even with limited functionality. I opened it again and immediately purchased because there is so much more available to integrate with this product, and it runs super smoothly.
With my company using lots of external browser apps/desktop programs like Trello, Slack, Quip, Asana, Monday.com, Twitter, Salesforce, Email Clients, you name it, the list goes on - my workflow is streamlined and much easier to manage from within this one desktop app! Now my web browser is dedicated to simple searches and I only have a few applications downloaded on my computer, which saves a lot of space and time (I don't have to update every app individually!). I could not be more happy with this product.

Avantages: The fact that I can streamline my workflow and work in 20 different programs/platforms within one app is a lifesaver. I no longer have to switch windows or desktops to switch between tasks and projects. It's all right there with a quick toggle, and I love it. Plus, it makes it easy to quickly switch between personal and work accounts (social media specifically). No more logging out/logging in every time I want to switch.

Inconvénients: It doesn't have every app/integration I need, but probably about 80% of the ones I use frequently are there, so it's not too bad.

Shift is a move in right direction for Gsuite users.

Publié le 27/11/2018
Joel daniel H.
Executive Dreamer
Think tanks, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: If you have a lot of different Google products you use regularly (multiple email addresses, calendar, drive, contacts, etc), Shift saves you a ton of tabs and time switching, consolidating everything into one easy to navigate interface. As a business owner that oversees 3 email addresses actively and 3-5 more occasionally, Shift is worth it solely for the email element. It gets even better having calendar integrated. Shortcuts are helpful to jump between everything with ease.

Inconvénients: Once I leveled up to pro, I found that there were diminishing returns. The more things that were all shoved into one interface, the harder it was to navigate it all. And several of the new programs/add-ons had much more limited functionality. Basic is solid. Pro is best. Advanced is overrated.

One program to rule them all!

Publié le 05/09/2018
IT Technical Specialist II
Télécommunications, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We originally used Shift so that we can access multiple Google accounts for our company in one program without having to switch accounts in Google Chrome. Shift did such a great job we also use it for accessing many of our web apps. This works great on a Mac as its easy to access multiple web apps with only having one window open!

Avantages: Shift has been a great tool for accessing several of our programs and accounts! The ability to access several web apps in one portal is very efficient and makes it easy to add multiple accounts. Shift is much more than a client for Gmail. It can access a wide variety of web apps and services. Notifications are easy to see and makes it easy to swap back and forth quickly between apps.

Inconvénients: Lack of an admin portal to manage licensing and users of the group account.

Stay Organized

Publié le 07/03/2019
Business Intelligence Developer
Immobilier, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Shift is an outstanding tool for busy professionals to stay organized and maintain different accounts within one platform. It supports various email providers, as well as dozens, if not hundreds of applications. The dashboard is easy to use and it lets you pick from a few templates and color schemes.
I used Shift to stay connected to a few email accounts that I use and it helps me centralize everything within one application. Overall, I am happy with its performance.

Inconvénients: The only thing that I do not like as much about Shift is the pricing. Even though they offer a few tiers for its users, I think it is somewhat expensive.

Using shift has been amazing. It is seamless in its design and allows me to manage multiple inboxes

Sailaja n. J.
CEO and Founder
Édition, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It saves so much time and is really incredibly easy to use

Avantages: That it integrates with a wide variety of software, messaging apps and more. I love that i can easily toggle between multiple email identities as well as messaging apps. I haven't tried some of the more recent additions, but am excited to.

Inconvénients: It's still a little bit of a clunky UI and I wish there were more app integrations (like airtable). I also wish I could visually customize the appearance a bit more.

Surprised at how much I like it. Price is still a bit steep, however.

Publié le 28/12/2018
Greg J.
Digital Strategy Manager
Marketing et publicité, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Shift has made me more efficient and helped me limit the number of tabs and desktop apps I leave open at any given time. I've thoroughly enjoyed using the software and think there are some really unique features to it, but the price tag is going to be prohibitive to some.

Avantages: I love how simple Shift has made it for me to switch back and forth between some of my most important apps (email, Slack, Hootsuite, Trello, etc.). It's intuitive enough that I caught on quickly to everything it offered, and I appreciate having one go-to app for everything I need.

Inconvénients: The pricing for the "premium" version is pretty steep for the concept of this software. While I get a lot of value out of it, I'm not 100% sure if I'll re-up on my subscription at the end of it simply because I got 50% off to start out. Moreover, it's important to note that while this is an extremely useful program, it's essentially just a container that opens up the web/progressive web app versions of whatever service you're using. With that in mind, it's ultimately just a replacement for leaving a web browser open with your key tabs. Whether or not that's worth the hefty price tag is ultimately up to you.

Best tool I didn't know I needed

Publié le 05/07/2019
Rachel G.
Process & Priorities Consultant
Conseil en gestion, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: You will save time you didn't know you can get back. It's a game-changer, particularly for contract and freelance workers who have so many accounts.

Avantages: Having everything in one app has been a game-changer. I use multiple GSuite accounts, 5+ Slack Workspaces, Evernote, ClickUp for project management, Toggl to track time - all of these apps running on my computer made it really slow and I didn't realize how much time I spent navigating around everything. Shift conveniently puts everything in 1 place and has saved me so much time I didn't know I could get back.

Inconvénients: I do run a lot in it, but 1-2 times a day I have to reload the entire app because it's glitching and won't save properly (I've never lost anything because I realize it super fast, but still annoying)

Very useful program for managing websites efficiently and fast

Publié le 27/07/2019
Wilco V.
Webprogrammeur
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It is a very helpful program that improves productivity a lot, but it is not perfect yet and can still use some extra features.

Avantages: The software is really easy and straightforward to use. Setting it up is just a matter of logging in to your accounts. The software is very customizable with the extra apps you can install. Once websites are loaded switching between accounts is very fast. The cross-account search feature is very handy when you don't know anymore on which account you received a specific email.

Inconvénients: Account and app colors can only be chosen from a specific set of colors and not with a color picker. You cannot dock extra Google apps on the top-right, only the default Gmail, Agenda and Drive are instantly accessible. Only a select number of Chrome extensions are available to install.
The program takes quite a while to start.

Great organization for Gmail, and other commonly used apps

Publié le 13/02/2019
Chief Operations Officer
Logiciels, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Shift is a kind of wrapper, and bookmark manager, which in itself doesn't sound complicated or clever, but the devil is in the detail. Within hours of using it, my default behaviour for using Gmail has changed completely, and having commonly used apps in there, I am finding that I'm using it like a master control panel for my business.

Avantages: I like the way that Shift allows me to have my 3 Gmail accounts open at the same time, and jump between them both. Although this functionality is somewhat present in a browser, working with Shift feels like the email is now anchored and it feels much nicer using it inside an app. The interface is preserved but the app allows me to move in and out of it without the risk of a closed tab. Furthermore, other apps can be added to the bottom which are sort of web-tabs, but do not require logging in.

Inconvénients: Not much to dislike. Obviously put my requests in for more apps I'd like to see supported. I don't use any of the chat apps like Slack in there, as I need them in their own window while using stuff in Shift. So I didn't see too much value in having them inside shift.

Manage Multiple Accounts in One Place

Publié le 21/09/2018
Senior Data Specialist
Télécommunications, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Shift let's you manage multiple email (and other) account within the software, which makes it a very useful service for many professionals including myself who use multiple email accounts on a daily basis. It notifies you when new data arrives. Easy to add new accounts.

Inconvénients: Only cons is that many services require you to upgrade to the most expensive tier of the software.

Shift has become my one-stop shop for communications.

Lead Technical Support Engineer
Réseaux informatiques, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I'm able to access all of my accounts, personal and business, functional and social, all at once. I'm now able to get Hangouts as a separate App tab instead of a Google Services dropdown.

Avantages: Shift allows me to have all of my important accounts and services accessible within a single piece of software. I purchased Advanced when it became available, and the team has been adding new apps/extensions constantly, further enhancing my Shift experience.

Inconvénients: Despite the updates coming, there's still no self-hosted JIRA integration, but I expect (hope) that will change soon-ish?

Intuitive software to keep all your accounts organized

Publié le 10/03/2019
Michael H.
Co-Founder | Creative Director
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: After a 2-month trial run, we were forced to move on from Shift, as great as it was due to the Gmail account restriction. If you use Gmail for business, then this is a great solution to streamlining all your services under one roof.

Avantages: Shift is great at it's core functionality: having all your accounts logged in and ready to go, without having a million browser tabs open. This is especially handy if you have multiple accounts for the same service (ex: multiple Gmail accounts), as it saves you from having to log in/out or switch accounts. Shift supports a ton of services natively, such as most major email provider, social medias, CRM's, and other business software.

Inconvénients: The biggest drawback of Shift is the fact that your Shift account must be tied to a Gmail account. If you use Outlook/Office365, you'll have to connect it to a Gmail account first in order to set up your additional emails. For companies that use Office365 for all in-office accounts, this obviously won't work, since there's no workaround and no solution in sight according to support.

There are still a few specific features I really want from Shift, but customer service is great.

Publié le 13/12/2017
Trainer
Logiciels, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's an easy way to manage my email and appointments.

Avantages: I really like the way it looks for me to be logged into multiple accounts and have access to mail and calendars for these accounts. I also really like that Boomerang is now usable within Shift. The customer service has been spectacular, and always very responsive.

Inconvénients: I use Google Calendar for meeting reminders and want notifications from calendar, WITHOUT getting notifications from email. I want to be able to select only certain notification types instead of all notifications for any account. This is a big deal to me, and I've had to use another app for calendar reminders that I really don't like at all.

Excellent software for managing multiple email accounts and applications.

Publié le 12/12/2017
Director, Digital Growth
Sports, 13-50 employés
Support client

Avantages: Shift really keeps the number of windows/tabs and applications to a minimum. Before shift, I had 3 different browser windows open, each for a separate email account. Now I just have one and can free up the clutter of my desktop. Recently with Shift Pro Advanced, I can now link my other task management applications like slack and asana so I have all details in one place. I've cut my workflow time in half just because I don't need to keep switching windows.

Inconvénients: The only con I can think of with this product is the price of the Advanced version. The jump from pro to advanced is quite large for the lack of extra features you get.

excellent multi inbox platform

Publié le 09/05/2018
Cory J.
IT Director
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: easy to install and setup multiple email accounts. uses very little resources and is quick to start after starting up your machine. very attractive pricing makes this a good and simple platform without breaking the bank.

Inconvénients: I have had to reinstall a couple times due to some conflicts with windows 10. conflicts include getting a white screen when opening my inbox on a few of my accounts, removing and signing back into the account does work either (issue with cached data maybe).

21 Fewer Tabs Open

Publié le 18/12/2017
Student Assistant (RA)
Enseignement supérieur
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Shift has actually changed my life. Being able to easily have access to all of my GMail accounts without having to log in and out of them constantly has definitely made me more efficient. I adore that Shift is always improving and updating, adding pulgins and such that make it the easy choice for email.

Inconvénients: Sometimes when opening certain drive items, it opens them up in the browser, prompting you to have to log into the proper account again. I can't figure out how to stop that but honestly, it's minimal compared to how annoying logging in and out used to be when I just used my browser for all my email accounts.

Overall great experience. With 9 inboxes and a Trello to manage, Shift has transformed my worklife!

Publié le 12/01/2018
Sheleena G.
Consultant
Support client

Avantages: Ability to be logged in to all accounts at the same time and not run into regular browser issues that I used to encounter. Especially love being able to work with all the different Drive accounts and files within them.

Inconvénients: I have issues with office365 accounts that I've added. Constantly logging me out and have also had several issues with the number of unread messages notification. Run into issues with opening links some times.

A promising email/browser app with consistent updates from user feedback

Publié le 10/01/2018
Eric D.
Support client

Avantages: It enables me to use all my google emails and office 365 emails in one dashboard with their web app interface. It integrates with Grammarly and other important Google extensions to help you replace the need for your browser in most cases. It also integrates with a ton of apps like Dropbox, Hubspot, Asana, and more so you access those directly from Shift.

Inconvénients: The browser/link functionality needs some improvement and few glitches here and there that will be fixed as more users report them. Overall, solid platform that makes managing multiple google emails a breeze.

Useful tool for people maintaining multiple accounts across different platforms

Publié le 14/03/2019
Marketing Specialist
Télécommunications, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: As I mentioned above, if you are managing multiple accounts, email accounts, social media, log-ins for clients etc. It can be a great tool to gain back organization and control.

Avantages: I truly enjoyed the ease and simplicity of shift. When I was using Shift I was a personal assistant and had many different accounts/emails and logins to keep track of and this simplified everything for me. I lreally liked it.

Inconvénients: I thought it still had a little ways to go in terms of UI and interface. Sometimes appeared clunky, so while simple, not 100% seamless

Solid for accessing gmail and google apps outside a browser

Publié le 20/04/2018
Strategic Advisor - Climate and Sustainability
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Great to access gmail and google docs/sheets with no temptation to browse in separate tabs. The free version was a great experience.

Inconvénients: The Advanced package's ability to access 3rd-party applications is great, but it's overpriced. It also makes the Pro package feel like a waste of money, as its added features do not feel proportionate to the Advanced package.

Shift makes managing multiple email accounts easy!

Publié le 18/07/2019
Anissa C.
Design graphique, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I use Shift to manage multiple e-mail accounts. It really makes it easy to see what needs to be addressed, all in one spot. I always recommend it to others.

Avantages: I really love how easy it is to set up my multiple email accounts and "shift" between each of them. It makes it so much easier than having to use different browsers.

Inconvénients: I think it's a great program and haven't had any issues.

The simplest solution for combining multiple inboxes and apps into one interface.

Jon W.
Graphic Designer / IT
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The biggest advantage to Shift over multi-inbox solutions is that there's no modification to the native Gmail interface, and there's no clunky panes or buttons that most Chrome extensions tend to tack on. There's a minimal learning curve so once you load your email info you can start using Shift right away. App integrations work well, and notifications from them seem reliable in my use. Shift is way more convenient and responsive than having multiple Chrome tabs and multiple desktop apps open.

Inconvénients: Some non-Gmail-specific context menu plugins I use with Google Chrome obviously aren't available inside Shift, and the included context menu is fairly basic. It's not that big of an issue though, because any links open quickly with Chrome. I do wish the Advanced version with app integrations was cheaper, but the integrations are quite handy.

Good Design, Useful App

Publié le 28/06/2018
Marketing Manager
Support client

Avantages: I was excited to try shift given how much I bounce around between clients gmails and google drive accounts. The app has a good design and works pretty well. Worth trying.

Inconvénients: I wish you could do a little more with the free plan but I get it. This is a very useful tool if you're trying to stay organized, efficient and have a variety of clients.