Love this product- others don't compare!

Publié le 12/12/2017
Roshi P.
Marketing Consultant
Marketing et publicité, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Love this product and I recommend it for anyone managing something on their own, or with teams. There's just minor improvements, like the Tasks and Time tracking thing I mention above, that need refining.
And while customer service is also great (I can always reach a human),the knowledge base and Help sections needs user experience streamlining.
With the value pricing and the robustness of this product, I will always recommend this product to anyone - and do!

Avantages: Clear user design with logical and clear content and category designations. Love that they offer multiple view options for those who, say for example, would rather have a Kaban view over a more linear list breakdown. I have yet to find anything else as clearly user friendly and LOGICAL in organization. A lot of other sites I've used try too hard to be cool and modern, and actually end up causing user confusion with all their different layers. It's exhausting. But with Zoho Projects, I can go in quickly and get what I need! Also love how it interfaces with other Zoho products, such as Invoices, and I can export my time sheets. I love that I can hit a timer on my tasks, too. Overall, it has great standard operations with plenty of options for customization.

Inconvénients: Sometimes the invoice functions seem redundant to someone using the Zoho Invoices, and that has caused me to accidentally create some duplicates within Projects (when I was really just trying to create an invoice in Invoices), and I have had to clean up my own mess. That's the one area I think they made things a little more convoluted. I can't think of any other major cons - I've never had issues with this product. I don't use the Bug Tracker at all, so I can't speak to that. In Documents, it's unclear up front whether, when I pull a document in from a cloud, if it's going to sync any changes with that cloud app (like Google Drive, etc), or if it's just importing as is. Their Learning Center is also woefully organized. I can't search any topics, though the visualization videos you first land on are helpful for starters. But the info I REALLY can search is in the general Zoho Getting Started section...those knowledge centers should be merged and not be so confusing. Even the Forums in Projects help, I can't even search a topic on them on the landing page...so odd! And, lastly, it would be so great if Tasks had more Duration options. If it had an option where I could set a Task in HOURS, rather than only Days, then I could actually track something regularly hourly per week as well as track my weekly progress on it. Right now, I can't do that, I have to do that manually :(
And, you can't seem to delete a Duration period once you've put it in (without also setting an end date). what if I just accidentally put in a duration?!

Great platform for the price, but bugs and interface will drive you mad

Publié le 10/09/2018
Ryan P.
Video Producer and Social Media Marketer
Marketing et publicité, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Zoho Projects is a rare project management software that does all of the things our marketing agency needs it to do at a great price, which is why we've kept it for as long we have. We just wish it was considerably more user-friendly.

Avantages: The number of features from Zoho Projects is impressive. Practically every feature we needed for our project management could be done, at a price no other platform could match. You can set billable and non-billable hours, you can clock into a timer for all tasks, and the task creation setup is pretty robust. The interface has improved a ton in the 3 years I've been using the platform, and you can tell the developers are constantly trying to improve stability and features for users.

Inconvénients: As great as the features are, the functionality of the software can be quite frustrating. The interface is bland and can be very difficult to navigate. We can usually find what we need but finding it can be quite the challenge. Along with that, some features have head-scratching quirks that we've never been able to figure out. For instance, every time we create a new project it will only add *some* of the managers to the project, instead of all of them, even though there's no difference in their permissions. It's a technically *stable* software, but we often grow envious of other, more functional project management software that's out of our price range.

My experience in ZOHO is amazing. My life changed when I discover this program.

Juan F.
Industrial and Projects Director
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My experience in ZOHO is amazing.We are a company operating in 7 countries (Spain, Morocco, USA, China, Vietnam, Korea, France). We are about 120 active people in product and process development.
ZOHO has allowed a correct platform to do the communication between different countries.
Also, we have improved the project procedure implementation.
We are 150 people in ZOHO projects. We are working in several countries (Spain, Morocco, France, Korea, China, Vietnam, USA). Now all projects for new products, problems solutions, etc, are managed in ZOHO with a acceptable level implementation of the procedure.

Avantages: Correct functionality for project management.
Available basics tools.
Easy and intuitive use.
Very Cheaper
High control of the activities by the managers

Inconvénients: Not possible to install in our server. This is a problem for us (not big problems, but we prefer run in our server).
The GANTT view should be improved. It is not very clear, and complicated the export for communication with other people without access the system
Document for training is poor.
Not exist report system.
somo people has not clear the daily task.
The milestones are only informative (or I don't know the real idea of the ZOHO designers with this concept).
A little complicated for the project manager (this is my case).

This has been an easy to use and fast deployment app

Publié le 01/05/2018
Ken M.
Senior Security Risk Consultant
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés

Commentaires: Ease of use. Value for money. Useful features

Avantages: This solution allowed us to become operational with our customers very quickly, and to provide a way to collaborate with them. The fact that it is online allows us to have common access with our clients and to provide transparency.
Previous to using this, all team members had their own versions of PM tools that were not compatible and made for a very frustrating experience when trying to collaborate.
Our clients like the fact that they have access to be able to contribute to the success of our projects.
Zoho as a company have made changes as part of our feature requests that continue to make the experience of using this solution more pleasurable.
Having a single price point for unlimited users and projects also made a huge difference when choosing a solution.
This is a highly recommended app for any size organization

Inconvénients: There really isn't a downside considering the value for money. If the cost was inline with more expensive alternatives that have more features I could see that being an issue.

Perfect for a small business with lots of clients

Vikram K.
Vice President
Services financiers, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We had been looking for years on how to properly transition from a printed spreadsheet, to an online collaborative system where all members of our (small) team could easily access production and client information from a central online platform. We tried various project management tools, but the curve with Zoho Projects was perfect. We all learned how to use the software in less than a day so we can now focus on getting work done. It's been a time and money saver from day one and we look forward to the continued incremental improvements to further help our business.

Avantages: Easy to learn interface. Adaptable to our business needs. Very good for a cooperative or individually-based environments.

Inconvénients: We do a lot of searching for tasks. However, when you are inside one of the few dozen projects we have, we can only search for tasks within the project. It would be great to have a search where all tasks are displayed, no matter where you are inside Projects. This would be great for how we have adapted the software for our needs.

Very user friendly and affordable too. Awesome tool for project management.

Publié le 19/03/2018
Priyabrata S.
Java / iOS Developer
201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Best in class Project management tool. It has the option to display the progress of the projects, number of bugs raised and fixed in charts, so that an user with less technical knowledge could also be able to understand its functionalities.

Avantages: One of its best feature is timesheet. It's very easy to fill up the timesheet. You can fill the timesheet in monthly ,weekly even daily basis. Very easy to track the assigned bugs and has the option to send notifications through mail after resolving the bugs(issues). It has the option to switch multiple projects in order to keep track of projects, if a single developer is assigned to multiple projects at the same time.

Inconvénients: Still has some minor bugs like when we resolve an issue, we need to share the screen shorts with it as a proof, sometimes the screenshort got uploaded, sometimes it won't though we have highspeed internet connections.

Professional services organization happy with Zoho Projects

Publié le 06/12/2018
Tom F.
Acumatica Practice Manager
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Multiple departments (implementation, product development, project management) have discovered the value of a collaborative tool which supports project management rigor (WBS, % complete, Tasks-to-Task dependency, etc.). We have been able to displace many siloed resources internally, such as hosted spreadsheets and MS Access databases.

Avantages: Provider-client collaboration. Zoho Project allows internal team members to easily coordinate activities across a complex WBS (work break-down structure) .AND. collaborate and delegate tasks that the customer's contacts are responsible for.

Inconvénients: That all Tasks and TaskLists under a given Milestone automatically inherit the property of either internal- or external-facing. This often causes us to replicate the WBS - one copy under internal-facing Milestone(s), the other copy under external-facing Milestone(s).

Collaborate your team and manage your projects by using Zoho Projects.

Publié le 04/08/2018
Adith K.
System Administrator
Services financiers, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The interface is simple, intuitive and easy to use. It is a project management tool with all basic functionalities. They provide Timesheets, which help you in tracking time. You can keep track of your all projects by switching between multiple projects. You can check out the Kanban view to keep a track of the internal tasks. The application helps to list tasks and subtasks, and you can assign resources to these subtasks. Helps in creation of reports and forms for your project. Customer service and support team are very responsive. The application is easy to set up and allows easy navigation and configuration. Integrated with other applications like Zoho Bugs and G Suite applications.

Inconvénients: The free version lacks a lot of features in comparison to the paid one. The absence of a group chats feature. The application encountered errors while working with QuickBooks. It is quite difficult to work on the mobile phone version. You can’t add multiple employees to different projects at the same time.

it is s good tool for small/basic projects and comes with affordable price with lots of customisable

Publié le 17/01/2018
Bheesam J.
Sr. software engineer
Télécommunications
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The best think i found about this tool is its customer support service and chat feature where you can chat with its representatives.
this is more suitable for small projects/team or an individual and comparatively cheaper as compared to the other products with the same functionalities and use. it provides use multiple views which helps user if in case he/she is not comfortable with the default view.
some feature really impress me like milestone,task-list,setting timer on your task, having multiple views to set, ability to restrict the client access to the limited/unlimited number of projects. in a small team it makes easy project monitoring overall for a small team size or individual i will recommend this product.

Inconvénients: i have faced difficulty with its integration with few apps like Quickbooks and stuck with the reports when run across the projects. so suitable only for the projects under one umbrella.
Reports lack some data about the customer and projects there can be some data that can be put in the reports like project detail start/end time or type of the project.Privacy is the certain cons here as it lack the privacy in-between users to users and client.
Also a drawback which might have been resolved in new version of this software is the less number of filters while preparing for chart/reports.

Do not get Zoho Projects!

Publié le 03/01/2018
Amy W.
Operations Manager
Conseil en gestion, 13-50 employés

Commentaires: Terrible.

Avantages: There is very little, if anything about this product that is likable. I guess, if pushed, I would say the calendar feature and the forum features are interesting but by no means makes up for the lack of features overall of Zoho Project. We are a small to medium business that recently, and regrettably, transitioned from Harvest to Zoho. There is quite a gap in pricing between the two platforms but you get what you pay for, mainly how many users you have. Zoho Project feels more like a bata test platform, then an actual product that should be live and used by any business. If you are doing very basic project management, like planning a wedding or a home renovation this tool would be good for you. But why would you pay for it when you can get any template on-line for free. The only other "pros" I could manage to list is their support. They have a help representative chat feature which is good and they are responsive. Unfortunately for them and mean most of it was used to inform me that "that feature is currently not available". Overall go with Harvest!

Inconvénients: Does not integrate with Quickbooks. Can not add basic client contact information. Can't view all invoices that are due or in draft form (they force you to use another one of their clunky platforms). The Zoho Dashboard is terribly unhelpful and uninformative. You can not run basic reports like; time reports for team members across projects, expenses, invoiced projects, etc. You can't even simply alphabetize Client Users, so as you add clients they are sorted by when you entered them, only. You can only export information in one format and the reports provide very little (helpful) information; for example if you want to export your Clients. The report that is generated only provides the internal Client ID#, Name, User Name, Email Address, Role, Invoice. It does not provide State/End Dates, what Projects are associated with Clients, any Budget information, and so on, and so on. Invoice, Expense, and Time information are shown and available only through each individual Project. You can not see all invoices due, total amounts out standing, or time sheets across Projects and Clients. You are forced to click into each individual project to access that information and once again, the reports you are able to generate are very limited. I could go on about all the "cons" associated with Zoho Project but I don't have time.

A very efficient, clear and proactive platform, extremely well designed and developed.

Publié le 11/01/2018
Gaetano S.
coordinator
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Collaborating without any problems with colleagues, partners, pupils.
I tried it in different ways, both working out documents and managing complex projects without encountering serious hitches or bugs.

Avantages: The overall structure is particularly friendly and intuitive. The customer can learn immediately how to manage the contents and surf among the different widgets proposed. It is worth noting the large offer of management tools even in the free-or-charge version.
As a manager of a noprofit organization I appreciate a lot this approach and I am spreading out Zoho among my colleagues as the current best platform for collaborating both in business and in education sectors.

Great start, but needs to be tweaked

Publié le 17/08/2016
Business Analyst
Logiciels, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The core functionality of the platform is excellent - the way the flow works with projects, milestones, task lists, tasks, and subtasks support such a variety of project complexities, which is wonderful for a company like mine where our projects range in scope.

Avantages: The time tracking is easy to use and a clean design. The ability to move task lists between projects and things is also a great feature.

Inconvénients: There are some areas where you are prompted to load a file, but then when you try it tells you it must be an image. There should be tags or custom fields at the task level. Milestones should have an option to not enter a date as sometimes it is used for planning a backlog (for our purposes) Also, an admin should be able to unfollow a project manually. I like that we are opted in to follow everything, but I have no way to remove projects that are not relevant to me whatsoever. Another MAJOR con that isn't specific to projects is just how unhelpful the tech support staff is. They seem to only be interested in closing the ticket, so much so that they don't always read the entire question or bother to try and formulate an answer, they just give you a link to their help desk and send you on your way. That has been the SINGLE most frustrating aspect of any and all Zoho products we are using.

Transformed my teaching.

Annette C.
Lecturer in Music
Enseignement primaire et secondaire, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Customer service is fabulous.

Avantages: This may seem like an unusual use of this software but I use it to gather evidence of my 57 students per year who work together organising charity events as part of their music course. It gives them a real world experience and allows them to gain great experience using online project management software. This software is really easy to engage with and has a social media feel that they respond to.

Inconvénients: Perhaps the only thing is that I'd like a group chat function within the app rather than having to leave to go to cliq. I'm finding getting to grips with cliq a wee bit frustrating but that could be me.

Zoho is the Project Management software that fits your needs - whatever they are

David Y.
Director, Teaching & Learning
Enseignement primaire et secondaire, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Zoho is a great way to keep on top of your project management without requring a tremendous amount of time or skill to jump in. However, if you put in the time to learn about how to use the variety of features, it offers a wide range of options to meet many different needs, from time management to document management, to collaboration.

Avantages: Simple enough for even the least tech-savvy member of your team to use, but packed with enough features to make serious project managers happy
Unlimited users at any price point
Multiple viewing options (Task list, Kanban, Dependency, Gantt chart)
Easy to find answers to questions about how to use features
Good price points for features offered
Very customizable

Inconvénients: Sometimes features are not intuitive to use
Can't edit projects within Gantt charts without premium subscription
Customization isn't always easy to manage

We use zoho projects to manage our software development and support tickets, simply put, it is ideal

Publié le 14/06/2018
Pete B.
Vice President
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This software is central to how we run our business and I would heartily recommend it. There are many alternative solutions out there but this one does the job well for us and is very cost effective for small development and testing teams.

Avantages: Very easy to use, consistently reliable. Great notifications and flexibility of configuration. Easy categorization of types of issues that can be tracked in a number of different ways.

Inconvénients: Like most Zoho products, it is intended for a mainstream audience which can make it very easy to use but sometimes, it can be a little limited for power users although we have always been able to find a workaround for solutions that we are trying to achieve.

I wanted to love it.

Publié le 09/04/2019
Director and Co-Founder
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I wanted to love ZOHO Projects and all of ZOHO suits. And I still believe the concept is a fantastic one. Most of the major apps any small business will need one place. But it felt like ZOHO haphazardly patched together apps from several different creators. I will be happy to try ZOHO again, once integration becomes more seamless. I look forward to newer versions!

Avantages: The single login with the ZOHO suite was a nice feature. I tried ZOHO primarily because I wanted one suite for the majority of my business app needs.

Inconvénients: My major complaint falls into two categories:
1. Integrations between ZOHO's own products are not as good as could be. And I have seen better integration with other PM software and third-party apps.
2. ZOHO suite, in general, does a lot of things, but most things not well.
I signed up for ZOHO Projects primarily because I wanted to integrate it with other apps in the ZOHO suite. However, I found these integrations were not seamless and nowhere near as functional as they could be. For example; I use both Projects and Invoices for clients, can send them invites from both applications for a client portal. However, both portals require a seperate login for the client. This frustrates clients, as they know both apps are ZOHO, yet they need separate credentials. On my end, all of ZOHO's billing was not integrated. Which means there was a separate invoice and viewing page for billing for each ZOHO APP. I would expect billing to function more like G Suite, with all ZOHO apps billed together.
As a stand-alone PM APP I found it not to be user friendly. You can't choose which fields or features you want. We tend to use more of a Kanban methodology and would prefer if task start and end dates were not mandatory. While I like the idea of the Sprint version of this APP, I wanted some of the client management features of full Projects.

Zoho Projects, great compliment to Desk and Bugs

Dave G.
Director Customer Services
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great tool, This has had a positive impact on customer satisfaction. Working with our business partners Zoho Project improved accountability and tracking of who said one in a chain of communication.

Avantages: Easy to set up and configure, Perfect to allow customers interaction with Services team and SOW projects. Integrated with Zoho Bugs. Security allows customers and staff to belong to multiple projects. Allows Milestones and Calendar events. Overview of Feed and Reports allow for a good top level view of projects.

Inconvénients: Wish it had more Automation and Notification rules. Would like to send some updates to certain users.

A Comprehensive Project Management Platform

Publié le 05/12/2018
Kevin w. M.
Co-Founder & CEO
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have used a number of project management tools (Microsoft Project, Basecamp, Trello) and we are quite happy with Zoho Projects. We are a technology SaaS startup running distributed operations across the US and Caribbean. Zoho Projects allows us to collaborate and track progress on a myriad of tasks seamlessly. Highly recommended.

Avantages: Zoho Projects offers a comprehensive suite of capabilities and allows a large distributed team to collaborate and manage a myriad of tasks.

Inconvénients: The range of functions and capability means Zoho Projects does not have the ease of adoption of a Basecamp so there is more of a learning curve for you and your staff.

I couldn't live without it!

Publié le 06/12/2018
Kristen S.
Principal
Philanthropie, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We've increased our productivity dramatically, been able to integrate our tasks with time tracking software and even bill our clients for extra time. Also, I sleep better at night because it's all organized.

Avantages: I love that I can set deadlines set my own features /terms for progress - it's not a cookie cutter solution. I can assign tasks, to-do lists or entire projects to colleagues, and share internally and also external to my organization. I also love the mobile platform (app). It keeps me super organized, and helps me keep everyone else on my team organized too.

Inconvénients: I wish there were a slightly lower price-point between the free version and the enterprise version, for small businesses like mine, but they do offer a good value! It's worth the $.

Very good project management app that could use a UX overhaul.

Publié le 25/10/2018
Johnny A.
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall my experience with Projects has been quite positive. Much better than most project management apps I have tried.

Avantages: I love that projects is a very comprehensive product that has many features. Projects allows us to manage all of our tasks for all of our clients.

Inconvénients: The UI could definitely use an overhaul to look more modern such as Asana. I also wished that the admin could control the layout for the employees of the organization. Additionally, I would love to see recurring tasks added to the templates so that I don't have to make all the recurring tasks "recurring" each time.

The features at the price offered are best compared to similar apps.

Publié le 24/09/2018
Anil J.
Sales Operations Manager
Automobile, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It is a great tool for any business brand. It helps to manage the projects and tasks in a very efficient manner. It provides features for planning projects. You can create blueprints for your plan and follow up accordingly. This can be very helpful for keeping track of the progress. These records can then be used to update the sales, marketing, and other strategies accordingly. The project can be classified based on the priority of the tasks that need to be finished earlier. The team can be informed about the project and its updated on the same platform. It provides room for collaboration and sharing of essential information.

Inconvénients: The features they offer during the trial period are way less than what it offers while we buy it for a monthly price. If one user has more than one projects with the same username and credentials, I have to manually copy all the details as it doesn't show up in the same window.

I love keeping track of thing with ZOHO CRM

Jim L.
Comptabilité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It would take quite something special for me to try another CRM. ZOHO just keeps adding features and it is so easy to use.

Avantages: I like the reminders and integration with other softwares. ZOHO is a big help in keeping me focused on what I should be doing and what I have done. I wish I used more of its features. There are just so many to learn and use.

Inconvénients: The negative I have is that there are features which I know would help us more. It would be great to have ZOHO support or Customer Service send us emails reminders to try features we aren't using to the fullest or at all.

Zoho is ideal project management application

Publié le 04/04/2019
Amit G.
Manager Systems
Gestion de l'enseignement, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I am overall satisfied with Zoho offerings which includes zoho projects. The zoho projects made my life easy to manage day to day project operations. Now its very smooth. i liked it.

Avantages: Zoho projects is very good offering by creators of zoho. I liked this feature for its uniqueness. it is easy to use with elegant UI. Its reliable application which is perfect for mid and small teams. Its effective collaboration with zoho other applications and you can import data from another project management applications too. it offers variety of project view like Classic, plain and kanban which is awesome. Its timesheet feature is also wonderful.

Inconvénients: Baseline feature was not available in standard edition till last release which i know. Monthly subscription payment is big headache where in you have to enter credit card details every month and after that they charge.

Good Project software for small and medium enterprise.

Publié le 13/11/2018
Russ S.
Chief Information Security Officer
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Better organising of tasks, better scheduling. Better tracking of the 'life-cycle' of an issues, improvement, change.

Avantages: Very easy to use, simple interface. Cloud-based version is responsive and downtime seems rare for us. Development is ongoing, ZOHO are always improving the product so good to see it is alive and well. pricing is very reasonable especially for a smaller company. Users are unlimited and you pay by number of projects.

Inconvénients: Support can be a little slow to respond. It can start to get expensive if you have hundreds of projects live but this can be alleviated by archiving old projects to reduce number of live ones.

Free to start with, I found Zoho Projects easy to use as a Freelancer

Publié le 26/04/2018
Wayne V.
Owner - Online Business Developer
Support client

Avantages: For a single person startup requiring Project management that can be linked to the Zoho world of products, this is great. Initially, you have the option of a FREE version that allows up to 5 users and 2 projects to manage. Great to get a feel for how Zoho Projects operates. Integrates with Google Suite which will be a bonus for many. Paid version has several tiers to accommodate most businesses.

Inconvénients: The free version is limited, you will need to have a paid version to get full benefits of Zoho Projects. Mobile phone app is a bit clunky and adding users to projects can be a pain (it isn't intuitive).