4,8 /5
    4,9 /5
  • Service client
    4,9 /5

En savoir plus sur Sonix

La transcription et l'édition des supports audio et vidéo représentent des tâches douloureuses. Grâce à Sonix, ces tâches deviennent rapides, simples et abordables.

En savoir plus sur Sonix

25 avis affichés sur 72

Ernesto G.
Formation professionnelle et coaching, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 18/07/2019

"Surprisingly accurate and super easy to edit"

Commentaires: I've just started using them but am so impressed with the results, the service and the customer service that I'm starting to transcribe all my previous podcast episodes and phasing out the use of Google Cloud transcription despite that being FREE at the volume that I require.

Avantages: It's accuracy for transcribing conversations
How simple it is to edit and export the transcript
The embed code so I can add a transcript AND a player to my website and even pull the original MP3 from my podcast host so that those plays count towards my stats.
THE AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Inconvénients: The pricing structure is difficult to grasp at first. I would still try to simplify it because it's confusing. You get charged a membership fee which then gives you access to transcription services which are billed based on usage. I now understand that they do this so you don't have to be paying monthly for transcription which you might not need but then you're paying a membership anyway…
Also, I'd like to be able to save snippets and common words to improve the AI and make my editing process easier but that's a very minor thing.

• Publié le 18/07/2019
Holly J.
Rédaction et correction, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 28/12/2020

"Great product for quick and easy transcription"

Commentaires: I used the software to work with a video production team in another state - they sent me the video, I uploaded the audio to the program, translated it to Word (I loved that there were options for the format you'd like to create the translation in), cleaned it up in Sonix, downloaded it to my laptop and made notes for the video production company to make the edits to the actual video. It really sped up the process and was a great help to me. If I had an ongoing need to make these videos (monthly, for example), I would DEFINITELY buy this product!

Avantages: I needed a software product to translate a video made by compiling Zoom recordings. Not only was the quality relatively poor, but there were 15 different speakers. This software did a tremendous job! Not only was it able to capture probably 90% of the words accurately from a poor-quality audio, but it separated the content by speaker, made it super easy to note who spoke in each section, to correct the few words that were wrong (mostly the company name which is not common), and easy to export. I'm not a software expert by any stretch of the imagination. I'm a strategic communication consultant putting together a video for a client in the Real Estate industry. Being able to translate, identify the speaker and easily download the information with time stamps made it much easier and faster to get to our final edit with the video production company.

Inconvénients: I had no challenges or issues with the software - it was very intuitive, helpful, and thoughtfully designed.

• Publié le 28/12/2020
Adrian H.
Tax consultant
Comptabilité, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 01/01/2020

"2 hours of interview now typed rubbish"

Commentaires: Living in the UK I used this to transcribe a 2 hour discussion about local history. Lapel mics meant it was a good quality recording. When selecting the language of the audio I chose English. The only option had a USA flag. I wonder if results might be better with an American voice?
After paying $20 - a price I was happy to pay - I have a long transcript of rubbish. It bears little resemblance to the audio!
I will finish with an example.
"He has two daughters lovely visited the farm. So it's going to be what for either one of them but it also has a bungalow that he built ice and knock knock her way in Castle Rock selection for a while. I'm on my best friend from schools from Casa Loma, so, I don't know but I don't know that I don't know the name. Well, it's just one of those it was country."

Avantages: Easy to set up account and upload audio file. Good range of pricing options including for occasional user. Speed of results. A two hour interview (lapel mics for the 2 speakers) was back to me inside the hour.

Inconvénients: The most important bit - very inaccurate typed record. Correcting it would take me much longer than starting and finishing the job myself.

• Publié le 01/01/2020
Javier E.
Graphic Designer
Gestion de l'enseignement, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 09/11/2020

"First time user and Loving it...."

Commentaires: I loved the option to upload videos that are in other languages and Sonix was able to transcribe it. Much better than other softwares out there today.

Avantages: I love that you can see the closed caption in real time and i am loving how accurate the transcribe was in English and Spanish. I am also loving the ease of using this product especially since i am a first time user. I exported the file to use on other program and it was on point.

Inconvénients: For my first time using this software it worked for what i needed it to do.

• Publié le 09/11/2020
Danh N.
Co-Founder | Headshot Photographer | Media Editor
Photographie, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 03/09/2020

"Works as advertised if not better"

Avantages: Our company was looking for a way to quickly transcribe videos accurately, effectively, and quickly as we were on a time crunch. Sonix came through in a big way. The customer service team is extremely friendly and helpful. The ease of use of the software is straightforward with no major snags that I can remember. Our team was so impressed with how quickly the transcription was done and accurately upon receiving it. Our team went through line by line to check for any inconsistencies and we could not find any. I am beyond impressed with it and can't recommend it enough.

Inconvénients: The pricing is a bit confusing but that is a very minor issue if I can even call it that. If they could simplify it then it would be perfect. There is the monthly subscription which gives you access to the transcription services which is billed based on usage. I understand that they do this so you don't pay for a transcription service which you may not need but then you are paying for a subscription already so it would just make sense to pay once for everything. But again, this is a very minor issue that doesn't take away from the terrific service it already provides.

• Publié le 03/09/2020
Curt W.
Personal Historian
Rédaction et correction, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 12/12/2020

"Enormous time-saver"

Commentaires: After using Sonix for over a year it is a proven, consistent help to my work.

Avantages: Sonix is extremely easy to use and provides great value for the money. It speeds the time I need to handle recorded interviews. There's no comparison to what I did prior to Sonix, which was grinding it out on my computer with earbuds on.

Inconvénients: Occasionally, but not often, it seems to crash, but no data is lost and all I have to do to fix the system is to return to home page and re-click on the recording. Takes just a few mins but can be irritating.

• Publié le 12/12/2020
Alessandro C.
Professional Translator
Traduction et localisation, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 23/11/2020

"Sonix does all the job"

Commentaires: I worked as a Project Manager before, then I had some transcriptions to be done, and at the time, the company had bought a few hours on the platform, that's how I got to know it. Now that I work by myself and need transcriptions and subtitles from time to time, it's been my ally. It saves me TONS of time I would spend typing and timing everything. Sonix does all the job, and I only need to make a few weeks before generating an export file. It's amazing. And I just love their sense of humor and human touch to it.

Avantages: It's incredibly fast, and it sets the timing for subtitles perfectly. I dread having to time everything myself, and with Sonix I can do that just by pressing Enter.

Inconvénients: I honestly have nothing to complain about. The transcription only went down on inaccuracy because of the video itself at some specific times, naturally, but mostly it would nail it. So really, no complaints.

• Publié le 23/11/2020
David V.
Co-owner
Internet, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 16/01/2021

"Huge time-saver for transcribing videos"

Commentaires: A very straightforward and smooth process: create (trial) account -> upload video(s) -> choose the source language -> get notified by email when the transcription is ready -> easily edit while quickly navigating in the video / or script -> download.

Avantages: Upload a video. Wait a tiny bit for the magic to happen. And there it is: a rough transcript of the video which you can easily adapt in user friendly interface. The level of transcription is highly accurate, but of course depends on the quality of the sound. And let's not forget, about the pronunciation of the persons talking.
The option to download as doc, srt and other formats makes the rest of the editing flow even faster.
Transcribing video to text could not be more convenient.

Inconvénients: Nor remarks, I did not encounter any disadvantage or flaw.

• Publié le 16/01/2021
Paul F.
Lecturer
Gestion de l'enseignement, 201-500 employés

"Transcription success"

Commentaires: Overall an excellent experience. You might begin to wonder why you type so much!

Avantages: An intuitive piece of software that does well with a range of different speakers and accents. It captured voices from all over North America including French speaking Canadians, allowing me to focus on interviewing and giving the speaker the freedom to answer in full. It's easy to amend anything that is not quite right and creates an excellent transcript suitable for an academic audience and research records. It worked best for me with Google Chrome.

Inconvénients: Any initial difficulty was solved by moving to Chrome.
Obviously not every word will be true to type, but a surprisingly high percentage landed spot on, well over 95% accurate.

Cathy D.
Communications Coordinator
Services et technologies de l'information, 2-10 employés

"Great product"

Avantages: We started created more internal videos and needed a way to transcribe draft videos in order to finalize and approve wording for final videos. We also use it to create a transcript of final videos for proof of compliance in topics covered.

Inconvénients: I like the ease of correcting the script in the tool but we did have issues with company specific terminology not being recognized. I haven't tried the dictionary feature to see if it would help. Also, if the speaker is not talking clearly, there are a lot more grammatical errors and misunderstood words.

Game Developer and Film-maker
Jeux vidéos, 2-10 employés
  • Source : GetApp
  • Publié le 09/07/2019

"Sonix is a full-preview of Future Technology, it becomes really amazing to transcribe audios"

Commentaires: I am a youtuber and I upload short movies based on Video Games and it generally becomes compulsory for me to give subtitles to the videos manually and Sonix works for me very well. Also, I am a part-time writer and Blogger and most of the times, it becomes boring to write those long lines and pages, here again Sonix works for me to transcribe my own recorded audio files.

Avantages: I am a Game Developer and film-maker, I generally upload my game videos on YouTube and it is really very much important for me to provide subtitles on my videos but it becomes way boring to write all the subtitles when the Video is really lengthy and sometimes it also becomes impossible to write everything in time, So in this case Sonix is the best software for me to use and transcribe all my Audio and video files and get them in written formats so that I could easily check them and place them on my videos, this whole process becomes so much easy and interesting. Transcribing an audio or video file doesn't actually takes more time than expected when using Sonix and this is the best second most important point that I would prefer everyone to once give it a try as Sonix provides a 30 minute free trial for newbies and after that, it will be paid but still a convenient way. Sonix doesn't always provides 100% accuracy but still we get atleast 80-90% accuracy rate or even more but to get everything working correctly, Sonix provides a feature of doing corrections manually and when doing so, when we select a mistaken word the audio or video file continues exactly from there irrespective of where it was before. Sonix has a nice and easy to understanding interface which gives it a charm look and makes the mood of doing the work.

Inconvénients: Though, there's nothing bad about Sonix but there could be some instances when transcribing an audio becomes hard as it becomes laggy when using a heavy audio file. Also, they should provide a longer trial duration so that newbies can learn if they should use it or not.

• Source : GetApp
  • Publié le 09/07/2019
Chris L.
PhD researcher
Recherche, 5 001-10 000 employés
  • Publié le 01/08/2019

"The people from Sonix are life savers"

Commentaires: I used Sonix for transcription of interviews and it exceeded my expectations. I love it.

Avantages: The user interface works intuitively and smooth. Over the time that I used Sonix that introduced new features and everytime it was an improvement. One improvement that I loved was that the audio would stop playing when you edit the text and start playing immediately after. This really sped up the process of finalizing the transcripts. Customer service (just for questions, I never had any complaints) was super responsive and friendly. The quality of the transcriptions is really good. I cannot recommend Sonix enough.

Inconvénients: In my experience, there were 2 types of situations where the quality of the transcriptions suffered. The first is when there are more than 2 speakers, especially when some interviewees were sitting around a large table and therefore sat physically too far from my recorder. In those cases, the first couple of words or a sentence from a new speaker would often not be picked up.
The second is when there was loud background music playing. In those cases the sentences in the transcripts would be cut short, meaning that after every couple of words there would be a period followed by a capitalized word.
But, I cannot stress this enough, this is to be expected from any transcription service. It is just something to keep in mind: if you do plan to transcribe your recordings just make sure that speakers are reasonably close to your recorder and that you avoid bars/restaurants. Otherwise, the transcripts were very good and the editing experience was even better. I cannot recommend Sonix enough.

• Publié le 01/08/2019
Mauro C.
Associate Professor of Engineering
Design, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 10/05/2018

"It was amazing how quickly and accurately the audio file was completed!"

Commentaires: Saves so much time and effort. I will have to work manually to edit but that's so much better than having to start from scratch.

Avantages: The speaker on the uploaded 15 minutes audio file sometimes garbled or slurred his words, and yet Sonix was able to complete a transcription that was 90 % accurate in only 3 min. The audio editor is remarkable - I've never seen anything like it. Each word in the transcription is highlighted perfectly in sync as the audio is played. You can click the mouse in between a few words before the current word and the audio will start again at that point. There is absolutely no lag time after clicking to start the audio playing again - it's immediate! I have produced transcriptions before using the MPC audio player positioned in a small rectangle of space on the bottom of my screen widened to fit the entire width of the screen to make it easier to move the pointer back a few seconds while checking the accuracy of the transcription using Word. I manually transcribed 6 hours of audio this way years ago. I think it took me 20-25 hours to do this. What a chore! Now there is Sonix that can transcribe audio in a fraction of the time, with 90+ percent accuracy. And it's so very much easier to just click a few words back to check accuracy, instead of trying to manipulate an audio pointer. PLUS - not only can I download a Word doc but also a .srt captions file that can be added to the original video to produce a captioned video from the same original transcription! This is the only way I will produce transcriptions from now on, saving so much time and effort!

Inconvénients: Just a little more time and I will get completely used to the editor interface. It's already very intuitive, but I just have to increase my "muscle memory" to hit tab to start and stop, click here to start somewhere new, etc. Really, no cons at all to speak of. Can't wait to think of new features for Sonix to add. I'm sure they will be very responsivee to customer requests

• Publié le 10/05/2018
Blake O.
Head Honcho
Comptabilité, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 28/02/2019

"Super fast transcriptions with easy editing and a great embedded player"

Commentaires: Overall, Sonix is the best way I know of to get my podcast out there for a wider audience. For the latest episode twice as many people read/listened to the episode using the Sonix player as downloaded and listened in a podcast app like Apple Podcasts. So we tripled our listeners to that episode thanks to Sonix.

Avantages: I love the embedded transcript / audio player. I use Sonix to transcribe podcast episodes and embed the transcript on my website. It's way better than a traditional transcription service because visitors to my site can click anywhere in the transcript to hear the audio at exactly that moment. I also get the benefit of the transcript being indexed by Google.

Inconvénients: Currently they don't have an integrated human review/editing process. I use a contractor to clean up the transcripts because the AI isn't 100% perfect yet — no AI is at this point that I know of. So it takes a little more effort than a service such as Rev to get the transcript perfect. But the price ends up being the same or less, and the interactive transcript is something you just don't get with other services and makes it worth it.

• Publié le 28/02/2019
Richard M.
Radio Host
Médias de diffusion, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 26/07/2020

"Really works as advertised!"

Commentaires: We were transcribing approx 5-10 minutes of audio everyday and it was the fastest, easiest and most economical of all of the transcription programs we demoed. I highly recommend!

Avantages: The great thing about SONIX is the interface and transcription are easy and quick. Several of us in different cities needed access to the transcription and it was easy to share.

Inconvénients: There really were no cons for us. We used it to transcribe scripts for syndicated radio replay and it was easy.

• Publié le 26/07/2020
Filmmaker/Photojournalist & Co-owner
Production audiovisuelle, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 10/12/2019

"Sonix is our go-to transcription service"

Commentaires: Sonix has been a huge help for our small media production team to create and edit transcripts for documentary film projects. The pricing is great compared to other services, especially if you're working with larger volumes, and the editing interface is simply a pleasure to use.

Avantages: Sonix has the best online editor of any transcription service we've tried. I love all the export format options and organizational abilities. Sonix makes the task of creating interview transcripts simple and fun.

Inconvénients: I wish there was a little more control over how SRT subtitles are exported, especially the ability to automatically split subtitles at the end of sentences. Also, it would be nice if Sonix could better identify speakers automatically.

• Publié le 10/12/2019
Jorge M.
Ingeniero de sistemas
  • Publié le 12/03/2018

"The recording, transcription and editing functions are really great."

Commentaires: It allows a greater benefit saving time and I can make my projects faster, being able to quickly transcribe audio and make it searchable is the greatest benefit. The recording, transcription and editing functions are really good and easy to use ..

Avantages: The editing functionality is very good it does a very good job of transcription, so it really is not necessary to make many modifications to the transcribed text. The design is very clear, which facilitates its use and allows you to upload files in a fast and efficient way, the editing functionality that you have is very complete allowing the audio track and the transcribed text to be synchronized so that it is really easy to follow the audio and make online editions of the transcribed text

• Publié le 12/03/2018
Olivier F.
Freelance writer, video producer
Production audiovisuelle, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 13/09/2020

"A godsend service boosting my productivity and alleviating a major source of stress in my life."

Commentaires: A transcription that normally takes me a whole day or sometimes two in my first language is over in 1 or 2 hours (depending on the length of the clip). I have used audio clips and video clips and have yet to see any major issues there. Granted most of the sound in these clips is taken with directional microphones, I am still impressed at how much it is able to pick up.

Avantages: I am very impressed at the quality of the transcriptions. I have so far used it in three languages (English, Japanese and French) and they have been the most accurate I have seen around. As a freelancer here in Tokyo I also like the option of buying time by the hour as I don’t always need to transcribe on a regular basis. Also love the time code option

Inconvénients: There were a few weird linguistic glitches which needed to be cleaned up later (such as foreign loan words in Japanese - such as diversity and inclusion which came out as totally different words) but that is sort of to expected for automatic transcriptions. (I presume this will improve over time?).

• Publié le 13/09/2020
Dan H.
Solution Architect
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
  • Publié le 11/07/2019

"Needed to write a training course, fast!"

Commentaires: I needed to write an end-user training class and had a very short period of time to do it. I was able to use the transcriptions from recordings of several previous training sessions to define a clear and effective outline to the course. If I had to sit and listen to all those recordings it would have taken me at least 5x as long to write the instructor manual. The cost was very reasonable considering how much time it save me.

Avantages: The time it took to transcribe several hours of audio was incredibly fast.

Inconvénients: Sometimes it struggles with accents and it was really odd how it would handle male voices differently than female voices - for example the sentence "You might have a tendency to make it last months" spoken by a male might be transcribed as 'You might have a tendency to make it last months" but for a female it would transcribe it as 'You might have a pregnancy to make it last months' - we had a bit of a laugh about that, but it probably had more to do with the speaker's accent than their gender.

• Publié le 11/07/2019
Michal R.
PhD Candidate
Recherche, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 23/03/2020

"Time Saver!"

Commentaires: I conduct research at the University.

Avantages: Sonix saved me so much time! I used to have to hire and train students to transcribe my lengthy interviews. Now I just upload to Sonix and within minutes get a full transcript. I love that it recognizes when the speakers switch and even edits a lot of the stutters of language right out.

Inconvénients: It would be great if I could use my transcription pedal with this. I think there is a way but it was not easy to figure out (I spent hours and never got it working). I wish there was a better integration with nvivo.

• Publié le 23/03/2020
Monica A.
Content Optimizer
Marketing et publicité, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 08/09/2019

"Worth it!"

Commentaires: Love it, will continue to use and refer

Avantages: I love how easy it is to navigate, keep organized and upload what I need. The accuracy is satisfactory and it's one of the most reasonably priced platforms- since research is a service I provide for my clients, I'm confident in knowing that this is simply THE best

Inconvénients: Not a thing- infact more pros- I LOVE that they added the beta testing to transcribe straight from youtube. Makes it SO much easier when I'm transcribing for my clients- less hand-offs, less downloads on my computer. Please keep this feature.

• Publié le 08/09/2019
Sebastien E.
Lead Scientist
Marketing et publicité, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 01/09/2020

"Super impressive software!"

Commentaires: I was impressed. Blown away. The transcription (which is the most annoying thing to do manually) works like a charm. The user interface is perfect. It saved me so much time and boring work! Highly recommended.

Avantages: The transcription while not perfect is excellent. The very few mistakes are easy to fix and some would have been made by a human anyway.
The user interface is truly great. Super easy to use. Very clear. It helps you edit your transcription so fast.

Inconvénients: The speech is not so well split. Sentences can be split in the middle and paragraphs could be grouped better.
If you want to have subtitles, they offer an automated mode, but I preferred to split the text myself to get better results.

• Publié le 01/09/2020
María magdalena Z.
Advisor / Consultant
  • Publié le 07/05/2018

"Not the best, but worth a try!"

Avantages: It's an really good web editor. Innovative with SEO friendly media embeds, and provides good automated service with a nice group of editing tools.

Inconvénients: Prices are high prices and its performance could be iffy, unreliable if you work with complex files.

Réponse de l'éditeur

envoyé par Sonix le 10/05/2018

Sonix works best with high quality audio. If you audio has background noise, people talking over each other, or strong accents, the resulting transcript will be affected. We published this page to help users capture clear audio: https://sonix.ai/greataudio

• Publié le 07/05/2018
Ray H.
Academic
Enseignement supérieur, 5 001-10 000 employés
  • Publié le 13/03/2019

"Transcription made so much easier in a fraction of the time"

Commentaires: The support from the Sonix team has been excellent with solving both technical questions related to the product as well as providing advice and payment options to suit my situation as an educator. Very impressive!

Avantages: The software is very intuitive to use and contains really helpful features like being able to review and correct details in the transcript while listening to the audio. This is the first software I have used that recognises and differentiates between multiple voices with a functional level of accuracy.

Inconvénients: This hardly seems like a disadvantage however, there is an investment of time required in reviewing and correcting 'misinterpretations' of words and phrases in the produced transcript. You also need to manually give an identity to the speaker of each transcribed passage of text though this takes a fraction of the time and cost expended on manual transcription.

• Publié le 13/03/2019
Moritz H.
Conseil en gestion, 10 000+ employés
  • Publié le 30/07/2019

"Amazing Transcription Software with a great price"

Commentaires: It helped to save so much time, did not expect that to happen - life saver!

Avantages: - amazing UI
- good quality transcription for German language even though sometimes low quality recording
- easy to refine transcription manually
- great price, great bargain + you can quit monthly

Inconvénients: - to be honest I expected nothing but was amazed, so cannot really say anything although there is always room for improvement like the accuracy of transcription etc.

• Publié le 30/07/2019