Avis clients sur DIR-S

En savoir plus sur DIR-S

Des applications de sécurité scolaire qui assurent la liaison entre les écoles et les forces de l'ordre via une messagerie instantanée et des cartes interactives.

En savoir plus sur DIR-S

I love the ability this provides for a coordinated response between our schools, district, emergency response teams, and police.

I worry that I might accidentally send a message.

DIR-S - Notes

DIR-S a reçu une note globale de 4,3 étoiles sur 5 d'après 74 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé DIR-S ?

Owner - Co-Founder (É.-U.)
Événementiel, 201-500 employés

Saving Lives

Commentaires : DIR-S has allowed our local schools to connect law enforcement and schools in crisis situations. Not only law enforcement is connected, but the people in crisis are connected to the outside. We all use technology, and this is an amazing resource to use.

We’ve been testing the software in our local school. It’s quick, it’s functional and it’s going to save lives.

There’s nothing to put here really, I want it to be more accessible to all schools and all students. This connects our law enforcement, schools, and is a way to change school safety and security.

il y a 4 ans

Woot woot! Thank you for the great review!

Melisa
Director (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées :

Coordinated response

Commentaires : Overall working with them has been a great experience!

I love the ability this provides for a coordinated response between our schools, district, emergency response teams, and police! We meet regularly with the DIR-S team to discuss updates and they are very responsive to making changes that benefit us.

With any software there are always some bugs. It would be great if it interfaced with our employee database so we didn't have to manually change employees in each school every year.

Jennifer
Kindergarten Teacher (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 501-1 000 employés

DIR-S in the public school

You can see where everyone is and can communicate via phone/computer if there is an emergency.

We have done emergency drills/procedures for many many years without this software, and it has been efficient. Teachers are very aware of where their students are and what to do in an emergency. This just seems to be a hassle to try and do everything we are supposed to do with this system on top of simply taking care of the children we are in charge of during an emergency. As a teacher, I do not carry my phone with me, nor do I have it on during the teaching day, simply because it is a distraction. Because I have moved schools frequently, I continually have to be updated in the system, and I don't know how to do that. We had a school fire drill today, and, though I thought I had been updated in the system, when I tried to log into it on my phone, I didn't know the passcode to get in. It just hasn't been a very useful tool for me as a whole, and does not seem that beneficial.

il y a 4 ans

Thank you Jennifer for the review. We value your opinion and want to do everything we can to make DIR-S a better tool. Please send us an email and we can ensure your account is updated. The PIN is something the user sets, however we can show you how to create new one. Thanks again and we hope we can add value to an emergency, the last thing we want to do is add the commotion.

Jacob
Jacob
Loan officer (É.-U.)
Banque, 5 001-10 000 employés

Tresit brings the best peace of mind for a parent, knowing kids are safe at school is bar none.

Commentaires : I was able to see what was going on around school, to see that classrooms were safe and students were not in harms way.

I love being able to see the school, where is safe and where is yet to be marked safe. I also love that a teacher has the ability to control an alert if something is going on in the classroom. There is no better way to get notice of what is going on to police in hostile situations. I love that you could use this in schools, banks, offices, event venues, or wherever. This is state of the art, genius, and going to save lives.

I think a 3D model of the school would be nice someday, a 2D version allows the basic essentials. one day I would love for some sort of technology that allows law enforcement, fire fighters, or whoever it may be in need to see levels of the school, office, bank, etc. and prevent difficult situations.

Thanks Jake from MACU!

Shem
Principal (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 51-200 employés

We've received training and support while the product was new to us to enhance our familiarity with

Commentaires : For drills, etc. it has been great.

It's straightforward and easy to use on multiple devices, i.e. desktops, laptops, tablets, and other handheld devices.

About the only hangup we had with it was that we have multiple campuses and some people that travel between campuses. In the early stages we were having people from one school trigger the alarm at the other school and some people whose devices were set up on both campuses get triggered while they were on the other campus.

il y a 5 ans

Thank you Shem! We are working on resolving a teacher who is on multiple campuses. We are always learning and truly appreciate your comments.

Jennifer

Review for DIR-S

Commentaires : I have actually really liked it and I hope we can make it work!

I like that it is fast and easy to use. I also like that I can communicate with others in the building and that the police are notified right away. It seems safe and well designed.

I have been able to use it without a problem but I know there are several people in the building that can't figure it out. I think it will be hard to get the whole faculty on board.

il y a 4 ans

Jennifer, we appreciate your kind words. We are always trying to improve trainings, so we can get the whole faculty on board :)

Cameron
Cameron
Network and Security Engineer (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 501-1 000 employés

Great software for quick simple communication

Commentaires : So far it has been a great experience. I am definitely going to recommend to our neighboring districts that we help support.

The simplicity of the app and notifications

The user setup, configuration, and authentication.

il y a 4 ans

Great review Cameron, we appreciate all the feedback we can get from our IT teams, we will be working on a more efficient authentication. Thank you!

Tyson
Tyson
Captain (É.-U.)
Administration publique, 201-500 employés

We have been looking for something like this for years to enhance the response and communication.

Commentaires : I love what it enhances in an emergency response between those in a crisis and those responding to help.

It is easy to use for everyone, both civilians and first responders. It can be used for everyday occurrences in our schools and not just for the active gunmen situation. In a serious emergency when 911 is overwhelmed and officers are responding from different agencies, it allows a quicker route to pertinent information. Basically is saves time!

il y a 5 ans

Thank you Captain! We are always learning and truly appreciate your comments.

Ian Piolo
Ian Piolo
School staff (É.-U.)

Awesome software!

Commentaires : Having this software in our school lets parents be at peace while their kids are in school.

This software allows our school to connect to law enforcements even far better and faster than we used to

The pricing can be steep for small schools but I think it is worth all the money. They do offer a free trial.

Freelance Writer/Blogger (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 51-200 employés

DIR-S is a wonderful program

DIR-S is a wonderful program and is endlessly helpful. Would highly recommend!

I cannot think of any complaints for this particular program!

il y a 3 ans

Thank you so much!

Spencer
Tech support (É.-U.)

Very useful and easy to use

I love how easy it is to train people how to use the software. It is super easy to send an alert and the reason to send an alert are endless! It makes me feel safer at work. It's easy for teachers to learn how to use it. When we have questions about it the staff from DIR-S are very helpful and good to work with!!

The only problem I've run into is sometimes the maps don't work properly on the mobile app. Also, on the mobile app, it's hard to notice the alerts. We only get alerted when we look at our phone. I wish it would continue to buzz so we notice the alert.

il y a 5 ans

Thank you for the great feedback. Android OS will continue to alert mobile devices. iOS only sends out push notification, Apple does not let us override their OS. We are always learning and truly appreciate your comments.

Heather
Kindergarten Teacher (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 201-500 employés

I was trained on it and it was amazing to learn about its features.

Commentaires : The peace of knowing that law enforcement and administration can help me in one click or I can know what is going on at school as soon as an alarm is sent so I can make the best possible choices to protect me and my students! I love it!

I love that this software is so easy to use, that it connects everyone that needs to be in the loop with relevant information that is timely and important. I love that I know the proper people can respond to me in an instant!

It can be easy to accidentally set off an alarm and cause some unneeded panic! We panicked students when a teacher accidentally set off a shelter in place alarm and it took a little bit to figure it out and calm everyone down.

il y a 5 ans

Thank you Heather! We are always learning, and appreciate your kind words and feedback!

Jeff
5th Grade (É.-U.)

Work in Progress

Commentaires : I think this is a good iteration... and with some success and failures this will be refined to something better. However, I have had this program now for two years, and in those two years we have done one drill. No one is ready for something to happen.

Really interesting. The interactivity of the map is great. Its very specific and a great way to communicate. Better than throwing up green cards and calling.

I can see so many problems with this. It has to have wifi? That could be a problem. If someones sound is down, why does it not override it? It should override volume settings and send out the notification. The updating of the software is cumbersome. Everything in our day updates so easily, and this one had multiple steps just to update... If someone came into the school, or a fire started, I would not think to use this. I would be on full fight or flight and watching my students. I would not think to get on my laptop and let someone know we are ok, if more urgent demands persist.

il y a 4 ans

Thank you Jeff. We will continue to improve the app from the feedback we receive. Please send us an email with anymore input.

Ginger
Gestion de l'enseignement, 501-1 000 employés

A safety tool for the schools.

Commentaires : This is a way to notify teachers if there is safety issues in the school.

It's one more way to try and keep our kids safe in the classroom. It seems easy to use. I like that it works with apple watch to send out notifications b/c I don't always have my phone out.

There were some tech problems at the beginning, but the customer service has been great.

il y a 4 ans

Thank you Ginger. The smart watch notification are convenient. We love hearing feedback from our teachers and knowing we are adding value to school safety.

Clayton
Technology Service Support Manager (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001-5 000 employés

This DIR-S team and product that will make our organization better/safer.

Commentaires : SAFETY and a peace of mind if we had emergencies we need to address.

The communication and peace of mind it brings to teachers and administration in a crisis. People love the idea of this system!

Training. There are always a select few users who are hard to teach new systems. Most users can implement this system quickly, but others are intimidated by it.

il y a 5 ans

Thank you Clayton, we appreciate IT feedback a lot!

Bonnie
Office (É.-U.)

DIR-S Review

Commentaires : It has been frustrating for me to not be able to use all of the functions, other than that, I think the app is incredible. I love that we can put in individual information, such as where a child is who is not in their regular class.

I like that we are all connected in the school in case of an emergency situation and that the police are also connected. It gives a little more sense of security. I especially like that it also gives us a way to communicate in a lock-down situation.

My phone is an old Android phone and doesn't connect to all of the features, but that is not the fault of DIR-S.

Amy
3rd Grade Teacher (É.-U.)

DIR-S Review

Commentaires : The guy who comes to inform us about it is very patient and helpful. The experience has been good, the idea of it is great. Hope we never really need to use it in a serious fashion.

The options to speak within the building in a private way with teachers. We wouldn't want to be using the intercom if an intruder were in the building.

It has taken quite a few updates and trials for the system to be working. Hoping to be able to hear it if it actually is used in a real emergency!

il y a 4 ans

Thank you for the review. We are continually learning and innovating based off customer feedback.

Abbey

Map

I like being able to see a map of the school and knowing where other teachers are and whether they are safe or not.

I don't always have my phone or computer with me, so it seems to add one more thing during an already stressful time.

il y a 4 ans

Thank you for the review Abbey. The interactive map is a great feature for both teachers and law enforcement.

chris
teacher (É.-U.)

DIR-S from a teacher

Commentaires : Our school has practiced quite a few different types of drills with DIR-S. We are able to quickly have students out of the building and accounted for in about 3 minutes, or in lock-down in just one or two. I have been very impressed and believe this app will save lives in the future.

Our school has been helping to test DIR-S. I love that I can get an alert on my phone or computer and take proper steps to keep my students safe without school alarms or overhead speaker instructions. I can quickly reply whether or not all children are accounted for, note what location we are in and check a thread that updates me about what is happening. I also know that if a real emergency were taking place emergency responders would be immediately notified.

I was a little confused about whether I should make comments on the text thread for example "were all safe" even though there is a section to tap for that same purpose. So if the thread is meant for clarifying other communication that should be made clear. Also, being a teacher, I do not respond to my phone during instruction time. A unique sound letting me know that it is a DIR-S alert would help me not miss something important.

Sarah
Computer Specialist (É.-U.)

Safety First

it notifies you on all of the devices that you've signed in on. Its very nice to have it show up on your phone when you're not in your classroom.

It is difficult to explore so that I can be more familiar with the software.

il y a 4 ans

Thank you Sarah for the kind review. Please refer to our tutorials to get more familiar with the app. We know it is difficult to "play" around in the app because you have to be in a drill or live alert to explore. We are working on a fix for this. www.tresitgroup.com/tutorials Password: tresit2017

Erin

DIR-S Review

Commentaires : It’s been great so far. The teachers at my school probably need more practice toggling to “safe”

Easy to use app on my phone and watch. I use it more in my phone than computer

It could be set off on accident on a computer with the app running in the background. And laptop has to be open to get the alert

Thank you Erin!

Jenda
Public Information Specialist (É.-U.)
Enseignement primaire et secondaire, 1 001-5 000 employés

A really great concept that needs some development.

Commentaires : Fortunately, we haven't had to use the software in an emergency, but it offers peace of mind.

Easy to use, very intuitive. The maps make it easy to pinpoint an emergency and keep track of employee safety. The chat feature helps keep communication flowing in a crisis.

It needs a chat log for administration to keep track of what's happening. Currently, the chat disappears as soon as the alert is over.

il y a 5 ans

Thank you Jenda for the great feedback. We are always learning and truly appreciate your comments.

Hannah
Teacher (É.-U.)

I have enjoyed using this product!

I like that the product is user friendly and it eliminates confusion that occurs during emergency situations at schools. It alllows teachers to communicate with administrators and emergency personal during an incident.

I wish the account settings would allow me to save without hitting the update button. There is a done button at the top, but if I hit Done before update it doesn't save.

Thank you Hannah!

Shaunna
ESL Teacher (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 1 001-5 000 employés

So far the system has worked very well and seems straight forward.

The entire staff can be notified quickly to emergencies. It is also very easy to indicate that we are safe, need assistance, or activate an alert.

If I am not near my phone or computer I won't know about the alert. Also with the app it is easy to accidentally set off an alert.

Amber
Recess Aide (É.-U.)
Enseignement primaire et secondaire, 11-50 employés

Life is worth it

I like the real time accuracy the software allows first responders, and the ability to communicate with staff to locate missing students.

The small glitches of not always working is an issue, but I know it’ll be fixed.