Nitro PDF is the best PDF processor in the market in my opinion

Publié le 14/11/2019
Emad I.
Senior Web Developer
Machines, 5 001-10 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: it's simply the most amazing and practical PDF processor you could ever want.

Avantages: Part of my job requires reading and editing reports and other files in PDF formats extensively among many other things, I used to try many different PDF processors either paid or free but each of them had its fair share of issues that i couldn't live with, until i switched to Nitro pdf which is now by far my favorite goto pdf reader and processor,since then i never looked back, it made my life easier and increased my productivity, it excels large and by far in performance department, it's very light and doesn't consume too much of your machine resources which mean it can work easily with any machine without the need for any certain requirements, it's very efficient when it comes to multitasking and has a very nice feature of batch processing where it can process multiple files at the same time easily and quickly, it's packed with tons of features that you could use to edit your pdf, it's compatible with other programs and can export your files to other formats so it can work flawlessly with them with no problem. it's very easy to learn and use, it has a very user friendly interface that you will find very similar to other programs.

Inconvénients: I would say that the cloud support isn't the best and it needs a little attention but that won't ruin the great overall user experience you get out of this program.

PDF made easy

Publié le 27/09/2019
Stacy M.
Lead
Événementiel, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Our switch from Adobe to Nitro was painless. Nitro has all the same plugins, so even when using it with our mail program, it works flawlessly! Of course it has a browser plugin, so when opening PDF files online, it will open them in the browser.

Avantages: Cost! Straight and simple, cost is the best thing about Nitro Software. It's only a fraction of the price of it's major competitor, Adobe Acrobat. We were using Adobe, but one of my team members recommended that we try Nitro, as a cost cutting measure. we switched two years ago and haven't looked back. Honestly we have the same functionality as we did with Adobe.

Inconvénients: Nothing major as far a con goes, but I've had the software freeze a few times, but to be honest, Adobe did the same thing! It's never a big deal as it auto saves and you pick up where you left off.

NitroPDF > Adobe Acrobat

Publié le 06/02/2018
Racey C.
IT Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Not paying Adobe their absurd licensing costs.

Avantages: For the absurd cost I can't see why anyone would use Acrobat over Nitro PDF. Nitro PDF costs well less than half of what an Acrobat Pro license costs, and there is no super amazing functionality Acrobat has that Nitro doesn't that would justify spending your money with Adobe. Nitro is more than sufficient, and even their free PDF reader has more functionality than Adobe's to boot. Additionally, at least from a corporate perspective, every time I ever contact Nitro for something like a licensing quote, a question, or even for technical support (essentially never needed) they were always ultra responsive and professional. I think about an hour or so is the longest they have ever taken to get back to me and I've been doing business with them for five years at this point.

Inconvénients: The only con is a fairly minor one, is a bit of a technical issue, and the only reason I gave overall quality four stars. Sometimes when closing a PDF the Nitro process will get hung. The next time you attempt to open a PDF, nothing will happen.
You won't get an error or anything, but you'll double click the file and simply (seemingly) nothing happens. Well, in actuality another instance of the Nitro process launches, but the user visually sees nothing. If you run into this and go look at running processes you'll see an instance of the Nitro process running for every time you tried to open a PDF after it got hung up. The fix is to either manually kill all the processes or just have the user log out and log back in (which does the same thing). No need to restart the machine or anything, just need to kill those processes one way or another.
Having said that, I will tell you that I have run Nitro in my environment for more than 100 users for the last five+ years and would see someone have this problem maybe once a month. If you do the math on the number of PDFs being opened and worked on every day you would end up with an error rate of something absurd like .00001. Only an IT administrator or helpdesk tech would ever even be aware of such an issue and a home user will likely never run into this. It's also possible that they've corrected this is the most current version, I'm still using 9 Pro (had this issue in v8 also, current is v11 Pro).

Nothing better for PDFs!

Publié le 17/10/2019
Matthew M.
Senior Operations Manager
Assurance, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: So many things are in PDF form, which poised quite an issue given the nature of Insurance and claims makes it imperative to have everything precisely documented. Before Nitro I had to hand type it all. For anyone who isn't adept at typing that can be quite a challenge when having to document the Terms & Conditions of an Insurance plan. Adobe always gave me problems with being able to select the text, while Nitro does it with ease.

Avantages: Nitro's functionality is hands down better than Adobe when it comes to PDFs. It allows to quickly combine files, export to Word & Excel, extract specific pages quickly, is great at selecting text, etc. etc. For the cost it can't be beat!

Inconvénients: The interface is crammed with a lot of tools and options, but not very intuitive. Get past the leaning curve though and you'll love it.

Using pdf has never been so easy.

Publié le 18/01/2019
Santiago A.
Co Editor Chief
Marketing et publicité, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: In the world of digital work, PDF documents come and go, in many opportunities, I receive information necessary to complete presentations but being in that format is difficult, that was before using Nitro, now I have the possibility of editing all the files that come to me in PDF format, as well as being able to create my own PDF files without limitations. The other benefit is the savings in my finances, applications or similar tools you get at higher prices than those offered by Nitro, so I highly recommend its implementation if you work in catalogs, reports, budgets, digital books, your memories, among others, Nitro's capabilities are lost sight of.

Avantages: Of the things that I like most about Nitro, is that I can do multiple actions with the digital documents that come to me, or with those I believe. I can edit any content and offer it under the protection standards that I decide to put on it. Apart from the Nitro format, it adapts easily to any other system, another element that makes me feel when I use it. Another factor that has offered me that very few in the market can match, is the digital signature, thanks to that I have been able to transmit files with the support of my signature without being physically anywhere else, be it national or international, a very functional innovation. In addition, you can count on the support of the company in other areas such as the cloud, now imagine that so many other things you can do, I am very happy with everything that Nitro offers me.

Inconvénients: I have been using their services for several years and I am pleasantly satisfied, I have not had problems since I decided to invest in their platform, but I think that it can improve the price offer for new and old customers, it is not a factor that determines my use or not, in my case does not apply, but for entrepreneurs who do not have the right time, it may be different.

Efficient, Smart and User Friendly

Publié le 20/03/2019
Shikha V.
HR Manager
Recrutement, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have had a good experience with Nitro so far and since I use this software on daily basis, I can vouch that it is the best on the market right now for small to medium scale companies.

Avantages: I am an HR professional and have been using this software for almost 4 years now. This is one of the best PDF editor software in the market.
As an HR professional, I work with documents all day and we need to edit documents every time as per the employee/client’s specifications. Nitro PDF makes it easier for me to edit the document. It also provides features like electronic signing, adding comments, erase the unwanted sentences, highlighting and many other interesting features.
You can change the font of the text and make it compatible as per the rest of the document. It also allows you to stamp, watermark and add images to the document. It even provides a feature to combine and extract pages from a file.
It is user-friendly application and works well on Windows and has an in-built spell check feature.

Inconvénients: There are times when the software stops working in the middle of work and the only option left is to close the file and start over. This is very annoying and disrupt the work. Not sure how true this is but it does not work well with IOS.

Free PDF Creator

Publié le 22/08/2019
Hôtellerie, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I love the PrimoPDF software. I've been using it for years and it's very easy to use once you have it installed on your computer.

Avantages: I use Nitro's PrimoPDF printer and it not only saves me the cost of the expensive Adobe PDF software, the PrimoPDF works very well. Once it is downloaded and installed on your computer, it automatically shows up in your printer pull down window. It's easy to create a PDF to send to my client.

Inconvénients: When you download the software, be careful not to allow it to also install secondary software on your computer that can cause problems. I had to work hard to uninstall the other software that came with the PrimoPDF. So pay attention to make sure you check the box that says not to install anything else while downloading.

A good Editor and pdf reader for users

Publié le 23/01/2019
Student Counselor & Customer Relation Officer
Services juridiques, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This made my life easier, and would definitely recommend this to my friends and Co- workers.

Avantages: Nitro explains thas issue, it's converter is the best it is hands on its best element. Where it truly sparkles is while changing over PDFs, how often do we have a pdf and we require some piece of the report or an exceed expectations table and it's a bad dream to reorder them in view of configurations. This is a decent PDF peruser it will take care of business. Nitro has an element where you can change over it into Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point and furthermore to Image jpeg. I cherish this program since it has pleasant highlights which can enable you to alter, Read/View, and furthermore you dont need to hustle changing over any record. The most I cherish about nitro is that I can complete an advanced mark and I can alter the pdf the manner in which I need.

Inconvénients: I don't have anything to say about it's cons but in the future they can apparatuses can be enhanced for the openness everything being equal, frequently restricting the instruments to utilize somewhat more promoting and installment strategies available to all nations in their local money.

I was skeptical

Publié le 26/09/2019
Tim S.
Logistique et chaîne d'approvisionnement, 5 001-10 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: To compete with the king of this platform, you have to either be free or really good. Happily, Nitro is really good. The controls are, not surprisingly, different that the big A, but well laid-out and intuitive. And there is no comparison in terms of cost savings, so if you can live with it being a bit slower, you may be well-advised to try Nitro out.

Avantages: To my pleasant surprise, Nitro brought a large suite of effective features to an industry dominated by one player. They worked really well, giving a cost-effective alternative.

Inconvénients: It runs a bit slower than its primary rival. Generally not a problem, but if you are creating or even viewing a large number of pdf's this is frustrating.

Great Product

Publié le 16/09/2019
Vijay A.
Business Head
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Over all i have been extremely satisfied. Most of the features especially the PDF to other format conversion do a great job.

Avantages: I like its ease of use. quite intuitively designed. Also quite powerful. The features are pretty good.

Inconvénients: I would like it to be little faster and little lighter. If needed create a separate version which is lighter and have limited use cases which are the most frequently used.

Nitro is the preferred PDF editor

Publié le 11/11/2019
Reena P.
R&D Application Engineering Manager
Recherche, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Nitro Pro is a great tool to use with PDFs and I have had a great experience with it so far

Avantages: Nitro pro makes PDF editing and conversion of files into Microsoft Suite applications easy. The OCR feature is great for digitizing hand made notes. Additionally, a single license is very well priced.

Inconvénients: It can lag sometimes but other than that there isn't really much to not like.

Ideal competitive PDF management tool

Publié le 08/11/2019
Brian D.
Senior Consultant
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I use it to read PDF files every day. I occasionally use it to convert PDF files to Word and I also use it to combine several file types together to create a single PDF document. I combine images and other PDF files together to make a single PDF. They have to be combined in a certain order as they are an expense sheet with pictures of receipts.

Avantages: This software is a great cost saver for creating, editing, and converting PDF files. Exporting to Word is a breeze and keeps most of the formatting. Combining mixed file types into a single PDF is a great utility.

Inconvénients: Some files are not compatible with Nitro I have discovered. Those are usually ones with some kind of specific attribute or setting enabled that makes it not work well. I've only run into a couple of times. When adding folders in place of files to combine filed into a single PDF, the files are added in alphanumeric order instead of the way they were organized in the folder. It's an easy fix, but annoying nonetheless.

Decent affordable option

Publié le 21/08/2019
Harris A.
ICT professional
Services et technologies de l'information, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Decent, good option for both free and paid options

Avantages: The free version offers more functionality than competition
it does what it says (full read and basic annotation capabilities)
i like its virtual printer which i use often to produce pdfs out of documents, web pages etc
The paid (Pro) version offers advanced editing functionalities

Inconvénients: Not something particular. Perhaps not many options to merge, or adjust quality (and size) of the pdfs, but this is common to most of the pdf viewers. For merge and adjust i use PDF SAM (Split and Merge)

Nitro - Review

Publié le 26/07/2019
Research Assistant
Enseignement supérieur, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It is more valuable than only pdf viewing, it has highlighting functionality, pdf editing functionality, pen functionality, digital signature, form creating etc.

Inconvénients: It frequently gets not responding when many pdfs are opened (6+)

One of my favorite PDF tools so far

Publié le 16/01/2019
Mohammed E.
Professor
Enseignement supérieur, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I use NitroPDF for all my lecture notes. It really helped me to save time while combining all my documents together

Avantages: I am counting on NitroPDF all the time. It is a great tool that I use for most of my documents and I like that it is very easy to use. One of the most important functions that I use is combining my documents in to one PDF file and NitroPDF does this job in a great and fast way. Also file conversion is another great, I can convert almost all my documents format to any file extension I need. Lastly, the price of the NitroPDF Pro is very reliable and considered to be cheap compared to other softwares/

Inconvénients: I wish if NitroPDf was available for my iPhone and iPad. Other than that it is one of my favorite PDF tools

Nitro, PDF administration made easy

Publié le 10/06/2019
Jose luis P.
Quality Chief
Matériaux de construction, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I use nitro to generate PDF files from all of our technical data sheets for all of the products we sell. It supported large amount of files without getting stuck. You can play with the protection optioms to ensure a proper usage of the files. I love it, I would recommend using this software without hesitation.

Avantages: Mostly its easier to use than other software in the market, plus, its A LOT CHEAPER than its first competitor (Acrobat).
I liked how well and fluid it worked managing large amounts of heavy files.
I liked how the trial version gave me an idea of how well it behaved, to buy later the pro version.

Inconvénients: It does not handle all the file types that Acrobat does.
I dont need them right now but, you never know when those capabilities can be needed.

Nitro PDF ( Review )

Publié le 02/11/2018
Innocent M.
IT Specialist
Produits alimentaires, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I used to hustle trying to convert some PDF to word or any other different format. it was so stressful since i had to use an online converter of which it's not efficient as it consumes a lot of time converting online.
Now am able to convert it without a hustle.

Avantages: I love this program because it has nice features which can allow you to edit, Read/View, and also you dont need to hustle converting any document. Nitro has a feature where you can convert it into Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point and also to Image jpeg.
The most i love about nitro is that i can do a digital signature and i can edit the pdf the way i want.

Inconvénients: The Programs needs you to have a license so that you can enjoy all the features freely.

Such a bad reader but with excellent conversion tools

Publié le 27/08/2018
Karla andreina G.
ANALISTA DE RECURSOS HUMANOS
Génie civil, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Nitro is such an amazing pdf converter, but such a bad pdf reader. I don't recommend you use this as your standalone pdf software but for you to complement it with a good pdf reader and you will have a really satisfactory experience.

Avantages: Nitro is an excellent software for PDF conversion both for pdf converted documents and for scanned ones with its OCR tool. I constantly use it for converting my documents to word and excel format whenever I need to.

Inconvénients: Something that really messes up my conversions is if the document is watermarked, I would love if they could work on this issue. Also as a reader it works too slow for me, my computer lags a lot and even transitioning from a page to the other is a painful experience.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER

Publié le 13/06/2019
Mark R.
Sécurité et enquêtes, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The complete lack of support has sent me elsewhere. I have been fooling around with them for well over a month with no resolution. GOODBYE

Avantages: Easy to use, this software has great features, it is probably the best software for PDF programs.

Inconvénients: The customer support, or rather lack thereof. The support team takes an extremly long time to reply 4-5 days on some emails. They keep sending the same broken link, and same answers. They do not have a number or a person that you can speak to. It is a shame for software to have such crappy service when the product is good.

Nitro beats them all

Publié le 15/01/2019
Larry P.
Sole Proprietor
Photographie, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I run a tight and frugal business model. Adobe products kept getting more expensive and sort of bloated, with ever-present updates and warnings about malware and all of those issues that have become common with popular software. I found Nitro Pro 8 to be absolutely the perfect alternative. I have NEVER had an issue with it.

Avantages: Nitro Pro 8 is less intrusive, less expensive, and is faster than all other PDF programs I have tried and discarded. I use it in my business, creating a PDF of each invoice that I send to my clients. Nitro kept their product lean and efficient, and has never intruded into the process of doing its job.

Inconvénients: I can't actually think of anything I don't like.

Great PDF Editor/Viewer

Publié le 18/07/2019
Andy S.
Accounting Manager
Immobilier, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Nitro has helped save us time and printing paper that we turn around throwing out. In return it has made us more efficient and save us money on printing and paper.

Avantages: This has been a tremendous help with editing and combing PDF files. We have tried to take the green approach and get away from printing and re scanning documents. With Nitro we can take part of a PDF document and part of other PDF Documents and organize them into a new PDF file with the information we need. We use to have to print those pages off and re scan them into a new PDF, only wasting paper.

Inconvénients: There are no cons about this software, it does what it is intended to do.

Greatly reduced our paper use.

Publié le 16/07/2018
Yeni O.
Product Engineer
Logiciels
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Nitro is a beautiful document collaboration tool ,allowing colleagues to drop markups and notes on forms and documents ,so the next person accessing the form encounters little difficulty understanding the form or documents.
I also like how I am able to convert Microsoft word documents into pdf and vice versa ,using Nitro.In summary Nitro has reduced to the barest minimum,the use of paper in my organization and has so far served as a dependable digital workflow for our daily activity.

Inconvénients: I encounter difficulties opening pdf documents, created with the newer Adobe formatting styles on Nitro.

Nitro Pro!

Publié le 27/11/2018
Jamie R.
Supervisor of Client Services
Marketing et publicité, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The thing that I like the most about Nitro Pro is the price! We have Adobe Creative Suites on the majority of our computers, but didn't want to spend a lot of money on Adobe's PDF program per month on four or five of our other computers that don't have Adobe Suite. Nitro is extremely cheaper than that and isn't a monthly fee. The software is also easy to use--we can edit, sign, and manipulate files using this program the same as we would with Adobe.

Inconvénients: There isn't really a downside to this software at all. It does what we need it to do and works greatly for our business.

program designed to meet the needs of its users

Publié le 13/06/2018
Delys C.
Analista
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Ease in the daily exercise of my activities within the administration of the company congratulations

Avantages: The ease of its tools to modify documents received practical and useful for the conversion of files, material and scanned documents, versatility of use in edition and works, facilitates the daily work of the office in what corresponds edision of works and documentation of importacia

Inconvénients: in the long term, the tools can be improved for the accessibility of all users, often limiting the tools to use a little more advertising and payment methods accessible to all countries in their native currency

Nitro Review

Publié le 21/04/2019
Software Engineer
Hôtellerie, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Nitro gives me the ability to convert PDF files to Microsoft word doc, also i can view pdf files, input entries into PDF forms and much more. With nitro its all in one package so i do need to need to utilize another PDF reader to view documents. Nitro also has Nitro Cloud where i can save all my files and retrieve them from any device either from mobile or laptop. Another good feature of using Nitro is the ability to set password to PDF docs and keep my contents secure at all times. Moreover, Nitro is the only application that works on Mobile phones, i am always on the go and need app to view PDF files right away, and so by using nitro App its great.

Inconvénients: Nitro is pricing can be a little expensive considering there are new releases of the application each year, and i have to buy new licenses every time when a new Nitro is available to use.