NitroPDF > Adobe Acrobat

Publié le 06/02/2018
Racey C.
IT Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Not paying Adobe their absurd licensing costs.

Avantages: For the absurd cost I can't see why anyone would use Acrobat over Nitro PDF. Nitro PDF costs well less than half of what an Acrobat Pro license costs, and there is no super amazing functionality Acrobat has that Nitro doesn't that would justify spending your money with Adobe. Nitro is more than sufficient, and even their free PDF reader has more functionality than Adobe's to boot. Additionally, at least from a corporate perspective, every time I ever contact Nitro for something like a licensing quote, a question, or even for technical support (essentially never needed) they were always ultra responsive and professional. I think about an hour or so is the longest they have ever taken to get back to me and I've been doing business with them for five years at this point.

Inconvénients: The only con is a fairly minor one, is a bit of a technical issue, and the only reason I gave overall quality four stars. Sometimes when closing a PDF the Nitro process will get hung. The next time you attempt to open a PDF, nothing will happen.
You won't get an error or anything, but you'll double click the file and simply (seemingly) nothing happens. Well, in actuality another instance of the Nitro process launches, but the user visually sees nothing. If you run into this and go look at running processes you'll see an instance of the Nitro process running for every time you tried to open a PDF after it got hung up. The fix is to either manually kill all the processes or just have the user log out and log back in (which does the same thing). No need to restart the machine or anything, just need to kill those processes one way or another.
Having said that, I will tell you that I have run Nitro in my environment for more than 100 users for the last five+ years and would see someone have this problem maybe once a month. If you do the math on the number of PDFs being opened and worked on every day you would end up with an error rate of something absurd like .00001. Only an IT administrator or helpdesk tech would ever even be aware of such an issue and a home user will likely never run into this. It's also possible that they've corrected this is the most current version, I'm still using 9 Pro (had this issue in v8 also, current is v11 Pro).

Using pdf has never been so easy.

Publié le 18/01/2019
Santiago A.
Co Editor Chief
Marketing et publicité, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: In the world of digital work, PDF documents come and go, in many opportunities, I receive information necessary to complete presentations but being in that format is difficult, that was before using Nitro, now I have the possibility of editing all the files that come to me in PDF format, as well as being able to create my own PDF files without limitations. The other benefit is the savings in my finances, applications or similar tools you get at higher prices than those offered by Nitro, so I highly recommend its implementation if you work in catalogs, reports, budgets, digital books, your memories, among others, Nitro's capabilities are lost sight of.

Avantages: Of the things that I like most about Nitro, is that I can do multiple actions with the digital documents that come to me, or with those I believe. I can edit any content and offer it under the protection standards that I decide to put on it. Apart from the Nitro format, it adapts easily to any other system, another element that makes me feel when I use it. Another factor that has offered me that very few in the market can match, is the digital signature, thanks to that I have been able to transmit files with the support of my signature without being physically anywhere else, be it national or international, a very functional innovation. In addition, you can count on the support of the company in other areas such as the cloud, now imagine that so many other things you can do, I am very happy with everything that Nitro offers me.

Inconvénients: I have been using their services for several years and I am pleasantly satisfied, I have not had problems since I decided to invest in their platform, but I think that it can improve the price offer for new and old customers, it is not a factor that determines my use or not, in my case does not apply, but for entrepreneurs who do not have the right time, it may be different.

Efficient, Smart and User Friendly

Publié le 20/03/2019
Shikha V.
HR Manager
Recrutement, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have had a good experience with Nitro so far and since I use this software on daily basis, I can vouch that it is the best on the market right now for small to medium scale companies.

Avantages: I am an HR professional and have been using this software for almost 4 years now. This is one of the best PDF editor software in the market.
As an HR professional, I work with documents all day and we need to edit documents every time as per the employee/client’s specifications. Nitro PDF makes it easier for me to edit the document. It also provides features like electronic signing, adding comments, erase the unwanted sentences, highlighting and many other interesting features.
You can change the font of the text and make it compatible as per the rest of the document. It also allows you to stamp, watermark and add images to the document. It even provides a feature to combine and extract pages from a file.
It is user-friendly application and works well on Windows and has an in-built spell check feature.

Inconvénients: There are times when the software stops working in the middle of work and the only option left is to close the file and start over. This is very annoying and disrupt the work. Not sure how true this is but it does not work well with IOS.

A good Editor and pdf reader for users

Publié le 23/01/2019
Student Counselor & Customer Relation Officer
Services juridiques, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This made my life easier, and would definitely recommend this to my friends and Co- workers.

Avantages: Nitro explains thas issue, it's converter is the best it is hands on its best element. Where it truly sparkles is while changing over PDFs, how often do we have a pdf and we require some piece of the report or an exceed expectations table and it's a bad dream to reorder them in view of configurations. This is a decent PDF peruser it will take care of business. Nitro has an element where you can change over it into Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point and furthermore to Image jpeg. I cherish this program since it has pleasant highlights which can enable you to alter, Read/View, and furthermore you dont need to hustle changing over any record. The most I cherish about nitro is that I can complete an advanced mark and I can alter the pdf the manner in which I need.

Inconvénients: I don't have anything to say about it's cons but in the future they can apparatuses can be enhanced for the openness everything being equal, frequently restricting the instruments to utilize somewhat more promoting and installment strategies available to all nations in their local money.

Nitro - Review

Publié le 26/07/2019
Research Assistant
Enseignement supérieur, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It is more valuable than only pdf viewing, it has highlighting functionality, pdf editing functionality, pen functionality, digital signature, form creating etc.

Inconvénients: It frequently gets not responding when many pdfs are opened (6+)

One of my favorite PDF tools so far

Publié le 16/01/2019
Mohammed E.
Professor
Enseignement supérieur, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I use NitroPDF for all my lecture notes. It really helped me to save time while combining all my documents together

Avantages: I am counting on NitroPDF all the time. It is a great tool that I use for most of my documents and I like that it is very easy to use. One of the most important functions that I use is combining my documents in to one PDF file and NitroPDF does this job in a great and fast way. Also file conversion is another great, I can convert almost all my documents format to any file extension I need. Lastly, the price of the NitroPDF Pro is very reliable and considered to be cheap compared to other softwares/

Inconvénients: I wish if NitroPDf was available for my iPhone and iPad. Other than that it is one of my favorite PDF tools

Nitro, PDF administration made easy

Publié le 10/06/2019
Jose luis P.
Quality Chief
Matériaux de construction, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I use nitro to generate PDF files from all of our technical data sheets for all of the products we sell. It supported large amount of files without getting stuck. You can play with the protection optioms to ensure a proper usage of the files. I love it, I would recommend using this software without hesitation.

Avantages: Mostly its easier to use than other software in the market, plus, its A LOT CHEAPER than its first competitor (Acrobat).
I liked how well and fluid it worked managing large amounts of heavy files.
I liked how the trial version gave me an idea of how well it behaved, to buy later the pro version.

Inconvénients: It does not handle all the file types that Acrobat does.
I dont need them right now but, you never know when those capabilities can be needed.

Nitro PDF ( Review )

Publié le 02/11/2018
Innocent M.
IT Specialist
Produits alimentaires, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I used to hustle trying to convert some PDF to word or any other different format. it was so stressful since i had to use an online converter of which it's not efficient as it consumes a lot of time converting online.
Now am able to convert it without a hustle.

Avantages: I love this program because it has nice features which can allow you to edit, Read/View, and also you dont need to hustle converting any document. Nitro has a feature where you can convert it into Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point and also to Image jpeg.
The most i love about nitro is that i can do a digital signature and i can edit the pdf the way i want.

Inconvénients: The Programs needs you to have a license so that you can enjoy all the features freely.

Such a bad reader but with excellent conversion tools

Publié le 27/08/2018
Karla andreina G.
ANALISTA DE RECURSOS HUMANOS
Génie civil, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Nitro is such an amazing pdf converter, but such a bad pdf reader. I don't recommend you use this as your standalone pdf software but for you to complement it with a good pdf reader and you will have a really satisfactory experience.

Avantages: Nitro is an excellent software for PDF conversion both for pdf converted documents and for scanned ones with its OCR tool. I constantly use it for converting my documents to word and excel format whenever I need to.

Inconvénients: Something that really messes up my conversions is if the document is watermarked, I would love if they could work on this issue. Also as a reader it works too slow for me, my computer lags a lot and even transitioning from a page to the other is a painful experience.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER

Publié le 13/06/2019
Mark R.
Sécurité et enquêtes, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The complete lack of support has sent me elsewhere. I have been fooling around with them for well over a month with no resolution. GOODBYE

Avantages: Easy to use, this software has great features, it is probably the best software for PDF programs.

Inconvénients: The customer support, or rather lack thereof. The support team takes an extremly long time to reply 4-5 days on some emails. They keep sending the same broken link, and same answers. They do not have a number or a person that you can speak to. It is a shame for software to have such crappy service when the product is good.

Nitro beats them all

Publié le 15/01/2019
Larry P.
Sole Proprietor
Photographie, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I run a tight and frugal business model. Adobe products kept getting more expensive and sort of bloated, with ever-present updates and warnings about malware and all of those issues that have become common with popular software. I found Nitro Pro 8 to be absolutely the perfect alternative. I have NEVER had an issue with it.

Avantages: Nitro Pro 8 is less intrusive, less expensive, and is faster than all other PDF programs I have tried and discarded. I use it in my business, creating a PDF of each invoice that I send to my clients. Nitro kept their product lean and efficient, and has never intruded into the process of doing its job.

Inconvénients: I can't actually think of anything I don't like.

Great PDF Editor/Viewer

Publié le 18/07/2019
Andy S.
Accounting Manager
Immobilier, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Nitro has helped save us time and printing paper that we turn around throwing out. In return it has made us more efficient and save us money on printing and paper.

Avantages: This has been a tremendous help with editing and combing PDF files. We have tried to take the green approach and get away from printing and re scanning documents. With Nitro we can take part of a PDF document and part of other PDF Documents and organize them into a new PDF file with the information we need. We use to have to print those pages off and re scan them into a new PDF, only wasting paper.

Inconvénients: There are no cons about this software, it does what it is intended to do.

Greatly reduced our paper use.

Publié le 16/07/2018
Yeni O.
Product Engineer
Logiciels
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Nitro is a beautiful document collaboration tool ,allowing colleagues to drop markups and notes on forms and documents ,so the next person accessing the form encounters little difficulty understanding the form or documents.
I also like how I am able to convert Microsoft word documents into pdf and vice versa ,using Nitro.In summary Nitro has reduced to the barest minimum,the use of paper in my organization and has so far served as a dependable digital workflow for our daily activity.

Inconvénients: I encounter difficulties opening pdf documents, created with the newer Adobe formatting styles on Nitro.

Nitro Pro!

Publié le 27/11/2018
Jamie R.
Supervisor of Client Services
Marketing et publicité, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The thing that I like the most about Nitro Pro is the price! We have Adobe Creative Suites on the majority of our computers, but didn't want to spend a lot of money on Adobe's PDF program per month on four or five of our other computers that don't have Adobe Suite. Nitro is extremely cheaper than that and isn't a monthly fee. The software is also easy to use--we can edit, sign, and manipulate files using this program the same as we would with Adobe.

Inconvénients: There isn't really a downside to this software at all. It does what we need it to do and works greatly for our business.

program designed to meet the needs of its users

Publié le 13/06/2018
Delys C.
Analista
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Ease in the daily exercise of my activities within the administration of the company congratulations

Avantages: The ease of its tools to modify documents received practical and useful for the conversion of files, material and scanned documents, versatility of use in edition and works, facilitates the daily work of the office in what corresponds edision of works and documentation of importacia

Inconvénients: in the long term, the tools can be improved for the accessibility of all users, often limiting the tools to use a little more advertising and payment methods accessible to all countries in their native currency

Nitro Review

Publié le 21/04/2019
Software Engineer
Hôtellerie, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Nitro gives me the ability to convert PDF files to Microsoft word doc, also i can view pdf files, input entries into PDF forms and much more. With nitro its all in one package so i do need to need to utilize another PDF reader to view documents. Nitro also has Nitro Cloud where i can save all my files and retrieve them from any device either from mobile or laptop. Another good feature of using Nitro is the ability to set password to PDF docs and keep my contents secure at all times. Moreover, Nitro is the only application that works on Mobile phones, i am always on the go and need app to view PDF files right away, and so by using nitro App its great.

Inconvénients: Nitro is pricing can be a little expensive considering there are new releases of the application each year, and i have to buy new licenses every time when a new Nitro is available to use.

It is surprising how easy it is to manage PDF documents and convert them.

Publié le 22/05/2018
Eliud del jesus M.
Analista IT Senior
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: a great element for the handling of documents in pdf and in another format.

Avantages: there are many benefits for this software the ease of handling PDF is one of them, besides not only remains in their world but also allows you to convert them back to your original driver either Word, Exccel or other up to an image , and it does not matter if the user is very expert or not in the matter.

Inconvénients: many of the documents that are converted from pdf to another format are not arranged many times as desired, sometimes only converts them to texts but totally disordered, this is a bit annoying.

Powerful tool to do all the necessary work on pdf files.

Publié le 05/07/2018
Doriann M.
Analista de Sistemas
201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Nitro PDF was my main ally when it came to converting the legal files of an organization in which I worked to PDF format. The results are excellent and fast, in addition to being able to extract sheets of different documents to join it in a new file. It is also great to be able to add notes to the pdf.

Avantages: The tool to separate and join pdf files is perfect, it allows you to create documents by taking certain sheets of other files. The tool to convert PDF to Word, Excel and Power Point is also very powerful.

Inconvénients: The conversion tool from PDF to Excel works well in files with few data, if the document has a lot information, the conversion can be a disaster. The amount of features can make it run very slow if your computer has few resources.

Nitro is an excellent pdf reader and editor

Publié le 22/03/2018
Eylenth P.
Analista de Ambiente
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's feature for converting pdfs to other formats is wonderful and it makes nitro an excellent tool to have in any company or business

Avantages: Nitro is a great pdf reader and editor, on par with other options on the market, it's pdf editing features, and most of all it's capabilities to convert pdfs to other formats such as doc and xls make it a really powerful tool.

Inconvénients: While nitro shines in pdf editing and conversion, it tends to be a little slow. Also since most people are familiarized with other pdf programs, starting to use nitro can be overwhelming

Great PDF software

Publié le 18/04/2019
Natalie J.
Student
Enseignement supérieur, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Very fast and reliable pdf software that can be used for converting and combing documents easily. I highly recommend this tool.

Avantages: Nitro is a great pdf software that I used a lot. It is a very light software that opens my files so quickly. I edit, convert and combine many documents together using this tool. The price is so nice compared to many other programs. I also, like the password protection feature that keep my personal documents safe.

Inconvénients: Nothing at all. Nito pdf is a great tool that I use all the time.

Cheaper than Adobe alternatives

Publié le 16/02/2019
IT & Sales Admin Support Executive
Conseil en gestion, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: A great lower cost alternative to Adobe Acrobat with nearly all of the same features.

Avantages: The purchasing decision was primarily made due to the one off licensing cost. It is really easy to install and offers nearly all the features of adobe acrobat. nitro offer the option to upgrade older licenses for a lower cost than purchasing outright which is nice.

Inconvénients: You don't get any feature updates after the initial purchase. They also don't have a Mac version which is a shame as the demand for one is there.

A very decent pdf reader and writer

Publié le 01/08/2018
Senior Regulatory & Compliance Analyst
501-1 000 employés
Support client

Avantages: It is very easy to use, and is user friendly. As a pdf reader and writer, this is an excellent option if you want to avoid using Adobe products. I am able to manipulate the pages and content of pdf documents with little trouble.

Inconvénients: I made the jump from Adobe to Nitro, and it took some time to get used to. There were some features in Adobe that aren't available in Nitro, but I have been able to get around this. Nitro's user manual is not great. I've had to figure some things out myself.

Amazing! Goodbye Adobe, forever

Publié le 25/07/2018
Client Operations Specialist | Inside Sales
Informatique et sécurité réseau, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: This software is the iPhone of PDF editors. Every single task could be completed by a second grader. It's ability to grab and drop text and ability to convert docs to Word, Excel and PowerPoint in seconds is amazing. You can also edit PDFs very easily. It can also be integrated with Exchane and o365, so you can turn an email into a pdf in a second.

Inconvénients: No cons of this software so far. I have been using Adobe for years, and will never go back after using this software.

very pleasant

Publié le 25/06/2018
Anderson Y.
Theology Consultant
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: You can get all benefits offered by adobe and even more.

Avantages: It does everything that adobe does and even more. I can open my PDFs and convert them into word, excel, powerpoint documents. I can combine different files, and it's very easy to use and it is not overpriced.

Inconvénients: To be honest I don't have any problem with this software. I just started using a trial version, which came with my laptop and because I really liked I decided to buy a license. Since then I have been following all updates.

Great tool of PDF

Publié le 20/03/2019
David R.
Student
Enseignement supérieur, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I use Nitro all the time for reading, converting and merging my documents together. It has been a great experience so far!

Avantages: I consider Nitro as the best PDF tool in the market for many reasons. It works great on my old laptop without any issues. Also, I can convert and combine any file to a PDF extension without having any formatting errors. The price of Nitro is great compared to any other software in the market.

Inconvénients: No issues at all with NitroPDF. It is a great software!