Easy to use and great value

Publié le 27/11/2019
Kenton V.
Semi-conducteurs, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We have had a good experience with OnPay. There are very few issues or errors and, when there are issues, the OnPay team has solved them in an expedient manner. Over the years we have realized significant cost savings due to the ease of use of OnPay. General business or managerial staff can easily run the system instead of paying a service or hiring a payroll professional to manage payroll for larger groups.

Avantages: OnPay is easy to use with an intuitive interface. It was a good product for a small company of just a couple people and it has continued to work for us as we approach 20 people. It is also reasonably priced and does not overwhelm users and administrators with too much complexity.

Inconvénients: The thing we like least about OnPay is the way paid time off (PTO) accrual growth is calculated. We grow PTO accrual every year of employment up to 20 years and that requires employees to be moved into new PTO growth categories every three years. We could just choose to do our PTO differently, but we wish OnPay had the PTO growth flexibility to accommodate our preferred methods.

Great (probably the best) online payroll service

Publié le 06/12/2018
Miriam B.
manager
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I really love this online payroll service. After a lot of research of a variety of payroll options, we moved from Paychex to OnPay a couple of years ago and it was absolutely the right move. I can't speak for large companies, but for small and medium sized companies I do believe this is the best, most reliable and most economical service available.

Avantages: I run a small business and onpay is perfect for processing our payroll. Some of the features we love:
1) Easy to use interface
2) Employees enter all their own bank information, withholdings, etc.
2) Employees can log in to download their own tax forms, details of previous pay runs, etc. (I don't need to print or distribute these forms or information.)
3) Onpay takes care of all the appropriate taxes, etc.
4) Although I am on a biweekly pay cycle, I can run a payroll whenever I want. (For instance, I can make a separate holiday bonus run)
5) I can easily switch between paper checks or direct deposit if needed
6) It's easy to adjust an employees pay or add other categories of payment
7) Great customer support. Whenever I have had a question or needed assistance, I have had the answer pleasantly and quickly
8) It's a great value and you get what is promised. I don't get any emails asking me to purchase other services or upgrade or other things that I don't need.
9) The transition from our previous payroll service to Onpay was easy and seamless.

Inconvénients: When I am out of the country, I have a hard time running payroll. I know this has to do with internet security, but I wish there was a straight-forward way to accommodate this issue.

Payroll Is Now A Breeze

Publié le 24/09/2019
Raquel A.
Payroll
Impression, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: OnPay has made doing payroll enjoyable. They are quick to answer questions or concerns. They do the filings for multiple states for the same price. They will even do the year end reports like W-2s and W-3s. The ease of use is exceptional.

Avantages: What I like the most is the employee portal option, as well as the ease of pulling payroll tax reports. It's very easy to make changes as needed to employees profiles.

Inconvénients: What I like least is the function to pay Paid time off, or any other benefit, it's not as intuitive to use it. It took me a little while to figure it out.

You should be using this payroll service!

Publié le 22/07/2019
Founding Partner
Services juridiques, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have an employee with two local city withholdings and a school district withholding that I thought I was going to have to manually withhold for---turns out that a few minutes with online chat support is all it took to get Onpay to handle it.

Avantages: Easy to Use
Great Support
Inexpensive
Handles multiple local withholdings easily
Saves me a lot of time dealing with multiple tax filings

Inconvénients: I didn't like that there might be multiple w-2 forms for one person in some cases, but honestly it wasn't a big deal to just add them together for tax prep.

Simple Payroll

Publié le 30/11/2019
Steve H.
Partner
Restaurants, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: When I was starting up on OnPay, I had a couple of questions. I used their customer service and received instant help. They've been very easy to work with.

Avantages: This software is one of the easiest to setup and use. All taxes are handled for me. W-2's are created and mailed. Simple, simple simple. The best part about OnPay is that I don't need to do any paperwork. I just enter the hours and print the checks.

Inconvénients: The only con I have is in setting up a new employee. It forces me to use the federal minimum wage if the person is an hourly employee. Because our employees receive tips, we pay less than the minimum wage. That forces me to create another payment option and to make sure I don't accidentally use the default.

OnPay payroll software

Publié le 10/10/2019
Marc A.
Accountant
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We are pretty basic as to what we use OnPay for. Mostly running payroll for salaried and hourly employees, tax reporting, and using OnPays standard reports. OnPay does all those things very well and easily. But we don't use it for much additional tracking, but from my use of it OnPay does those basic things very well and is easy to use.

Avantages: What I like most about OnPay is that it is very full featured regarding Internal reports, Tax reporting and affordability. I like that it is priced by how many employees each month and not the number of runs or transactions. I can make extra payroll runs employee reimbursements during the month without any extra charges. It is quite easy to use and covers most of our needs. Customer support is great and very responsive. The standard reports meet our needs well and have quite a few "filtering" features to customize them.

Inconvénients: There is not much to dislike, really. Maybe adding and employee can be a laid out a little differently. At times it seems a little confusing. Tax reporting for Michigan and Detroit there are some odd or quirky requirements for workers comp, minimum wage, which we do work-arounds, but this handles it.

OnPay satisfaction

Publié le 04/12/2018
Peter C.
Logiciels, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The big problem solved over the previous provider experience is the quality of customer service. Instead of being handed from 'specialist' to 'specialist', and putting up with constant confusion, mis communication and errors, OnPay are just on it. When you talk or communicate with OnPay you communicate with a real person who knows their business, what your business needs, their software, and who won't stop working with you personally until you are completely happy.

Avantages: Visually intuitive platform that takes what is a central admin process from functional to pleasurable.
OnPay offers simple, clear, visually attractive navigation for both the admins and the employees. Multiple reports options with the same visual simplicity and clarity, all easily sharable and usable. By comparison to the alternative payroll software we used prior, OnPay feels like its been designed by users, and not by accounting mechanics.

Inconvénients: The OnPay software just works, if there are problems, or least likes, can't think of anything significant.

I haven't used any other payroll software, but that's because OnPay has proven to be excellent.

Publié le 06/12/2018
Will C.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: OnPay does everything I need from a payroll perspective, from onboarding through WA State L&I taxes & federal payroll taxes. It makes being a business owner so much simpler than some of the payroll horror stories I've heard.

Avantages: It's web-based, so I can access it from anywhere. This is a big benefit as I'm not always at the shop when I need to add an employee or check out if someone has PTO or something to that effect. The price is fantastic and the support has been superb. I've had to open a couple of support tickets due to issues I had early on with not understanding how to do payroll (brand new business owner) and they've been phenomenal. Very fast support response and they're always helpful.

Inconvénients: It's likely not so much a con against OnPay as it is against payroll in general, but the process was a little confusing at first. Figuring out which payroll items to use for things like QSEHRA wasn't immediately obvious, but looking through the Knowledge Base or asking their support team I was eventually able to figure it out. This did mean I needed to make some retroactive corrections which OnPay was able to handle for me.

This software does exactly what I need - Pay folks, keep track of the taxes.

Publié le 07/12/2017
Jasha C.
chief cook and bottle washer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I don't have to learn and keep up with tax laws. I don't have to pay Kelly Services to keep up with payroll for a single part time employee. It's super easy to use and my employee gets notice that payroll has been processed as soon as I submit it. We use direct deposit and employee loves that. The software saves me time and money and gets the job done right with almost no effort on my part.

Avantages: I run a small business with one part-time employee. Onpay is easy to use for weekly pay. They pay my employee, allowing her to split between checking and savings. They make the deductions required by law and do the filings. In essence, they do everything except enter the time my employee worked each week. It's very, very easy to use. Useful reports are available when they are needed. I've not used customer support, that's why I rated it 3 stars.

Inconvénients: The initial set up took a little effort, and I remembering it being not real clear. I have not had any other problems.

It works as long as it works. If theres a compilation go ahead and cancel the account.

Publié le 02/04/2018
Bruce W.
Buisness Owner
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Support client

Avantages: Dashboard right online where I can customize all my payroll calculations. I can handle everything from the my laptop.

Inconvénients: You get what you pay for. Onpay is an inexpensive solution to payroll needs for a small business. Sometimes it can be difficult to get a good accountant to take on a small account. It was perfect as far as scale goes and its a really brilliant concept. The trouble came when my state Department of Revenue blocked Onpay from fileing my payroll taxes. There did seem to be a legitimate issue and I am convinced that the guys and gals at Onpay were taking the correct steps to file my taxes but "shockingly" there seemed to be some incompetence on part of my state government. So why am I disappointed in Onpay? When they were unable to make the filing on my behalf they informed me of the difficulty and asked me to verify the information I provided. I was back and forth with the State and Onpay multiple times. Reassured the information was correct... Informed it still didn't work... this cycle played out two or three times. This is the point at which I feel Onpay failed me as a customer. Instead of reaching out and assigning A resolution specialist to run this thing to ground, they let me out to dry. because I messed around trying to get Onpay to help me resolve the issue I am now incurring penalties and am faced with paying a tax profesionals consulting fee to work the tangles out of my tax filings. My advice, go local where you can sit down with the pro and let he or she shepherd you through the maze.

OnPay Review

Publié le 05/12/2018
Shannyn H.
Construction, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: OnPay is fantastic. I can't imagine you will be disappointed with their outstanding service.

Avantages: I have been using OnPay for my company's payroll needs since November 2016 and it is fantastic. It is one stop shopping for all of my payroll needs from the overall functionality of the system to the payroll and tax reports the system prepares (and files) on my behalf. But my most favorite feature of this system is their chat functionality. When I am running payroll or have questions, they are always available to me and help me with my questions and issues. They walk me through every step and sometimes even suggest a phone call to help me with my issues. I've never been left w any issue outstanding. It is fantastic.

Inconvénients: My accountant doesn't love the way the data exports out of the OnPay system into my Quickbooks company file.

Great UI, Easy to reach Customer Service, Dependable

Publié le 25/10/2017
Wesley H.
Support client

Avantages: The user interface is easy to use. I simply plug in the payroll hours and after a few steps I'm done. I don't have to worry about figuring out taxes, unemployment, etc. It also takes of my W2's at the end of the year. When I need help, I can chat via messenger or email them and I get a response in a day or so. Its also the cheapest I have found. Everyone I worked with has always been really nice. I have saved a lot of time.

Inconvénients: More reports using charts instead of just numbers. Being able to compare previous years to see how your doing in comparison. Its very possible that this is already implemented and I just have not figured it out. It would be nice to have a Clock in - and Clock out program attached to this so that I do not have to do it on a separate program.

OnPay has been fantastic!

Cynthia P.
Controller
Comptabilité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I've only used onpay for the basic payroll functions, but it has simplified the process for me. I do the payroll for 5 different companies and it's so easy to switch between them and take care of them all at once. I love the low fees and that I can run multiple payrolls a month for the same fee amount. I also like that it's easy to quickly cancel and resubmit a payroll when I realized I forgot to include a new employee's deduction.

Avantages: OnPay is super easy to use. It's easy to navigate the website and to access reports. Everything is laid out easily, so you know what information you need to include and how to input it in the software as you're setting up the company, adding employees, and running payrolls. Anytime I've had a question, I've been able to chat online with a customer service agent and get immediate direction on how to do something.

Inconvénients: There's nothing that I really don't like about the software. Everything is straightforward and easy to use.

Good Choice for a Small Business Service Provider

Business Owner
Gestion de l'enseignement, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: As a small business, OnPay has served my payroll needs affordably which I really appreciate as ever penny matters. And the service they provide is great. I feel alot better working things through with them as the stress goes away if I thought I made a mistake I can't fix.

Avantages: Payroll is very new for me to do and I needed support. OnPay reviewed well, but their service has been great. Very timely when I send or call asking for help as often I didn't know what to do. The reps would walk me through it and problem solved (as well as the stress considering I'm in CA which has a lot of rules to follow). Cost structure is fair as I pay the base price then only for the employees who have worked for me that month which is really nice as my business is seasonal.

Inconvénients: Sometimes working through the different tabs is hard then to find the report I want to create the filter. It takes getting used to and some hits & misses. Or the pay structure is flexible in some parts and other ways not in how I use it. But compared to other services, their pay structure is way more flexible.

Best payroll company I've used in 20 years!

John J.
Controller
Services environnementaux, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: First of all, as a small business owner, I was being charged way too much with the previous 2 "full service" payroll providers. I went on the search for an online option. It is one of the best decisions I ever made. I get better customer services, with answers promptly from employees at OnPay who know what they are doing. Much better service than I ever received at the "full service" providers. The website is very user friendly. Entering payroll bi-weekly is easy, and I always receive a friendly reminder when it is time for me to run payroll. There is unlimited access to your account and reports, and you can run payroll and/or bonuses as many times a month as you'd like, for a very reasonable monthly fee. The fee I pay now compared to what I used to pay is 1/3. And like I said before, the customer service at OnPay is far superior.

Avantages: Very user friendly. There are prompts for when I may have made a mistake in my entries, and it has kept me from making those mistakes!

Inconvénients: I have nothing to say about this. I think it's great!

This will save you a lot of time and money!

Publié le 04/12/2018
Patricia M.
Immobilier, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Over the past 9 months that I have used OnPay I have only had positive experiences and I would highly recommend that you check them out and see how much money they can save you too!

Avantages: We have had numerous times when we have had a question or we do not where to find something within their system and we can immediately, via their live chat, ask a question and get immediate help. OnPay is very easy to set up and to use. If you have a question or a problem they will walk you thru the process of what you need to do by giving you clear step by step directions. On Pay has saved our company money in bookkeeping time for not only the writing of payroll checks to the employees, but the tracking of vacation and sick leave and all of the different tax entities that must be paid each month, quarter or annually.

Inconvénients: So far I haven't found anything that I can say I dislike about the program. If I would change anything it might be to increase the number of companies that they can integrate the time sheets from or maybe create their own.

Payroll Made Easy

Publié le 25/09/2019
Mackenzie S.
Transport routier/ferroviaire, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Producing our payroll is made so easy with onpay. It is awesome to be able to email the employees their "check stubs" instead of wasting paper printing them.

Avantages: Onpay is super user-friendly. The software was perfect for new/inexperienced business owners to navigate as well as teach to other employees. Customer support may be one of the best features of the site. They are super knowledgeable about everything from simple user errors to complicated tax questions.

Inconvénients: The site often tells me my session is expired when I first log in, which means I get automatically logged out and have to log in again. Sometimes it will have two times in a row.
I'm not sure if direct deposit is an option with onpay but it would be nice.

Easy and Inexpensive

Publié le 19/07/2019
Valerie D.
VP
Construction, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Excellent - payroll is now quick and easy. Support staff is extremely helpful.

Avantages: It's easy to use - payroll is quick and painless

Inconvénients: If an employee has a one time deduction, you have to dig down into the employee profile to include the deduction and then, once payroll's complete, you have to go back into the employee profile and unclick the deduction; otherwise it will take it again next payroll. You should be able to check a box on the payroll page so you don't have to hop around.

Easy to use with great customer service.

Colin R.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Onpay does make payroll a breeze! It's one of the best returns on an expenditure in my business. The time saved and the psychic energy it frees up makes me very happy!

Avantages: Their online portal is easy to use. Once you're set up all the information you need for managing payroll/taxes/pto etc is at your fingertips. My wife and I both have separate companies and I do the payroll for both. I'd been using ADP in my business for 8 years but I started her with Onpay about 16 months ago to give it a shot. I'll be switching my co. to Onpay as of the 1st of the New Year.

Inconvénients: The integration with Quickbooks was a little difficult to find and implement in the beginning. The customer service folks were very helpful but I think that could use a little redesign to make it a little more intuitive and eliminate the need for CS coaching.

Pretty Flawless.

Publié le 30/09/2017
Chris L.
Restaurants, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Puts me in control of Payroll data entry. Allows multiple pay runs without extra cost. Gives employees access to their payroll records.

Avantages: Customer support is great. Any issue or question that I have encountered is addressed almost instantly. I have had terrible experiences with other payroll companies in the past concerning egregious data errors on their end leaving our company to clean up the mess. Onpay puts the onus on the employer to properly enter payroll data and works flawlessly from there. Tax support is quick and helpful.

Inconvénients: There is little to not like. We've only had minor issues with tax reporting that we're promptly addressed by Onpay.

On Pay Payroll Service

Publié le 27/11/2019
Cindy H.
Divertissement, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Payroll service is less expensive and the team is great to work with!

Avantages: The value for the cost of the service is the best for On Pay!

Inconvénients: Maybe less steps in the inputting of employees

I have found On Pay easy to use - everything you need is at your fingertips.

Publié le 05/10/2017
Deborah M.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I relieves me of the time it would take and allows me to get on with the day to day running of the business. I do not have the headache of having to calculate payroll, file and pay taxes ect. It is all taken care of. All I have to do is enter the hours and print the reports off. It is easy!

Avantages: I like the simplicity of the site. Staff are always at hand instantly and always helpful and resolve any questions I have - nothing is too much trouble. Reports are all there to print off. It allows me to get on running the business and not have to worry about calculating payroll, submitting taxes and filing - it is also worth every penny. Talk about value for money!!! Very happy!

OnPay has been fantastic for our company. Autodeposit for our staff, easy use for me.

Publié le 25/10/2017
Suzan A.
CFO/COO
Gestion de l'enseignement, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: auto deposit, and filling of payroll taxes.

Avantages: It is easy to use, remembers the last payroll (useful if things do not change much), has good reporting features. I love that I no longer have to file with the state (the prior person was always doing it incorreclty!) Cusomter services is topnotch.

Inconvénients: I would really like to print all the paychecks (live and direct deposit) as soon as I finish the payroll.
Since we do direct deposit, it is a second step to go to the page where I can print all the checks.
Seems silly.
Sometimes it is difficult to find where things are... but it is getting better and better.

OnPay Review

Publié le 19/11/2018
Samik T.
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Everything is great for price.

Avantages: One of the customer support, I interacted many times. he is awesome, proactive, very helpful and on the top to resolveissues. Regards, Sam

Inconvénients: Nothing

Great Company for Payroll

Publié le 21/05/2019
Zach S.
Accounting Manager
Divertissement, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The software is easy to learn and use. You can usually find what you are looking for pretty quickly.

Inconvénients: Only thing I wish could be done is to have some sort of way for employees to sign documents through the software.