4.9/5
    4.7/5
  • Service client
    4.9/5

En savoir plus sur OnPay

"It's an easy, quick, mobile-friendly system that doesn't require a steep learning curve." Entrepreneur's 5 best SMB payrolls.

En savoir plus sur OnPay

202 avis affichés

Colin R.
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 29/11/2018

"Easy to use with great customer service."

Commentaires: Onpay does make payroll a breeze! It's one of the best returns on an expenditure in my business. The time saved and the psychic energy it frees up makes me very happy!

Avantages: Their online portal is easy to use. Once you're set up all the information you need for managing payroll/taxes/pto etc is at your fingertips. My wife and I both have separate companies and I do the payroll for both. I'd been using ADP in my business for 8 years but I started her with Onpay about 16 months ago to give it a shot. I'll be switching my co. to Onpay as of the 1st of the New Year.

Inconvénients: The integration with Quickbooks was a little difficult to find and implement in the beginning. The customer service folks were very helpful but I think that could use a little redesign to make it a little more intuitive and eliminate the need for CS coaching.

Craig B.
Comptabilité, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 01/02/2020

"Wish all software was this easy"

Commentaires: Onpay has streamlined the payroll process for me. I run my clients payroll in a fraction of the time and for a fraction of the cost.

Avantages: The ease of setup, integration, and running payroll. They have simplified the process. Also the price is a fraction of other payroll companies.

Inconvénients: There are a few features i would like to see added, such as automatic payroll.

• Publié le 01/02/2020
Danielle P.
Senior Staff
  • Publié le 29/01/2020

"Easy to Implement and Train"

Commentaires: The customer service is amazing when you have an issue.

Avantages: We recommend this software to our clients because of the ease of use, and inexpensive cost. The QBO integration saves hours of manual data entry.

Inconvénients: The PTO accruals were not really straight forward

• Publié le 29/01/2020
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 18/01/2020

"Going down hill fast"

Commentaires: They used to be good. I have been them for 3-4 years Customer service knew what they are doing, there were not glitches, basically hassle free payroll. Starting September or October, we started having issues here and there. First features would get added ( and we start using them ) and then disappear. Taxes are not being filed on time or at all ( I have called them, talked to them on the phone about this multiple times ) . Integrations appear and disappear and i have to keep syncing things. Have to map quickbook chart of accounts again for every payroll item. It's been a NIGHTMARE. It's literally a nightmare. I am looking at other companies and now willing to pay more.
The function to upload payroll data comes and disappears right before the payroll and then it takes one day to add it and then again it disappears
We have a collection notice from our state because of these guys. Every time, i message them / email them, either they don't respond or when i talk to them on the phone they act like i am a dumb. They are terrible.

Avantages: Cheaper price than many but I would rather pay more for a job to get done well.

Inconvénients: on collection notice from state dep of rev because of them
Non responsive Customer service ( someone will talk to you but don't get things done )
Customer service not knowledgeable ( gave me wrong information several times )
Glitch y integrations with other platforms ( you can only use WhenIWork )
Glitch y software in general
Features appearing and disappearing

Réponse de l'éditeur

envoyé par OnPay le 23/01/2020

Hi there! Thanks for your feedback, and I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had a better experience. Though tax mistakes are uncommon, when a tax notice does happen our Customer Experience team is here to help resolve everything. We'd be happy to look into the issues you mention and make sure everything runs smoothly. We have also expanded our integration offerings, which may be of interest. If you message us your company name or email, we'll reach out to help!

• Publié le 18/01/2020
Donald J.
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 04/02/2020

"OnPay software worked well for microbusinesses with little knowledge about payroll and payroll taxes"

Commentaires: I no longer provide payroll services or payroll tax preparation services to my clients. In an environment where payroll tax requirements are rapidly changing, such as the new W-4 form, it is helpful for me to offload client payroll processing to a cloud-based payroll service provider. Yet, I can still occasionally check in to help clients if there are any concerns.

Avantages: The software was very easy to use. I'm a CPA who converted my clients who process payroll to this software. The change went well. I received good support when I needed it. My clients, some of whom have very limited knowledge about processing payroll and payroll taxes, made the change and are doing well. Where support was required the OnPay staff worked with my clients, or with me to accomplish the goal.

Inconvénients: This change-over was done in December to be effective with the new year. Sometimes there was some difficulty processing the first weekly payroll which overlapped both years, but was paid in the new year. Ultimately OnPay support helped us work through the issues.

Jonathan S.
Attorney
Cabinet d'avocats, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 03/02/2020

"Very Pleased with OnPay"

Commentaires: All good. I would (and have) recommend OnPay.

Avantages: OnPay seems to be a great payroll provider for me and my business. I am a small shop (solo attorney), so cost is a concern as well as accuracy and reliability in my payroll and tax filings. OnPay has not disappointed me. Their customer service team has been able to deal promptly with the few issues that have arisen and has adapted to my local taxing bureau. Their service reps have been available for prompt responses to my inquiries no matter how small.
Bringing on new employees is pretty seamless as is generating year-end or quarterly reports as needed.

Inconvénients: I don't like the auto-reply that says they've received my email and they'll reply. Kind of annoying. Also, the two day float for ACH debits is a bit of a lag, but I understand why they must do it.

• Publié le 03/02/2020
Jasha C.
chief cook and bottle washer
  • Publié le 07/12/2017

"This software does exactly what I need - Pay folks, keep track of the taxes."

Commentaires: I don't have to learn and keep up with tax laws. I don't have to pay Kelly Services to keep up with payroll for a single part time employee. It's super easy to use and my employee gets notice that payroll has been processed as soon as I submit it. We use direct deposit and employee loves that. The software saves me time and money and gets the job done right with almost no effort on my part.

Avantages: I run a small business with one part-time employee. Onpay is easy to use for weekly pay. They pay my employee, allowing her to split between checking and savings. They make the deductions required by law and do the filings. In essence, they do everything except enter the time my employee worked each week. It's very, very easy to use. Useful reports are available when they are needed. I've not used customer support, that's why I rated it 3 stars.

Inconvénients: The initial set up took a little effort, and I remembering it being not real clear. I have not had any other problems.

• Publié le 07/12/2017
Corissa D.
Bookkeeper
Comptabilité, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 06/02/2020

"More bang for your buck "

Avantages: Easy to set up and transfer employee and company info from previous payroll service providers. I like that the tax filing service is already included in the cost. I'm paying $680 a year for Intuit payroll and I have to file all the taxes for my clients. OnPay is roughly $480 a year and everything is done for you and you get much better customer service. I am telling all my new and existing clients about OnPay!

Inconvénients: The biggest downfall so far is linking payroll to intuit QuickBooks for the payroll data entry. I also dislike their emailing strings; there are several people engaging in your email string and it gets a little confusing and is easy to overlook an email. Lastly, OnPay should offer a referrals program!!

Alicia M.
Office manager
Machines, 2-10 employés

"Worth it!!!"

Commentaires: Overall experience with OnPay has been wonderful. We have been with OnPay for about one year now. The ease of knowing that the deductions, withdrawals, taxes etc does not have to be done by myself, is fabulous! Customer service is on point! OnPays chat team replies in seconds. Very informative. They lead you to the right directions. Being a small business, The price is very reasonable for All they have to offer. I’ll be keeping them for a long time. And I highly recommend OnPay.

Avantages: Very easy to put hours in and submit payroll. Love that the taxes are withdrawn and done for you. Love customer service.

Inconvénients: The only thing I think was a bit of getting used to were trying to navigate to find the right tax papers etc. But with help you do get used to it. Also, there was a problem with payroll being processed twice within two minutes from each other. There should have been a pop up stating you already processed a payroll. Do you want this one also ?

Matthew S.
Construction, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 06/02/2020

"Best Payroll Service Around"

Avantages: Great software and excellent customer support. They went above and beyond to resolve an issue I had on my end as well. Wish I’d switched from Quickbooks payroll years ago to onpay.

Inconvénients: None that I’ve had. They’ve been excellent

Lisa C.
Head of HR
Services financiers, 13-50 employés

"Great Payroll System"

Commentaires: Great tool that is affordable and easy to use!

Avantages: What I like most about OnPay is how easy it is to use the tool. I do not have a payroll background and I was able to figure out how to process payroll with getting frustrated. It's very intuitive and easy to use. I also like that chat functionality. They respond instantly and are incredibly knowledgeable/helpful.

Inconvénients: I wish we could integrate it with our HRIS platform so I wouldn't have to switch between 2 different systems to process payroll (401k contributions and approve non-exempt time cards, etc.)

Kenton V.
Semi-conducteurs, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 27/11/2019

"Easy to use and great value"

Commentaires: We have had a good experience with OnPay. There are very few issues or errors and, when there are issues, the OnPay team has solved them in an expedient manner. Over the years we have realized significant cost savings due to the ease of use of OnPay. General business or managerial staff can easily run the system instead of paying a service or hiring a payroll professional to manage payroll for larger groups.

Avantages: OnPay is easy to use with an intuitive interface. It was a good product for a small company of just a couple people and it has continued to work for us as we approach 20 people. It is also reasonably priced and does not overwhelm users and administrators with too much complexity.

Inconvénients: The thing we like least about OnPay is the way paid time off (PTO) accrual growth is calculated. We grow PTO accrual every year of employment up to 20 years and that requires employees to be moved into new PTO growth categories every three years. We could just choose to do our PTO differently, but we wish OnPay had the PTO growth flexibility to accommodate our preferred methods.

• Publié le 27/11/2019
Miriam B.
manager
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 06/12/2018

"Great (probably the best) online payroll service"

Commentaires: I really love this online payroll service. After a lot of research of a variety of payroll options, we moved from Paychex to OnPay a couple of years ago and it was absolutely the right move. I can't speak for large companies, but for small and medium sized companies I do believe this is the best, most reliable and most economical service available.

Avantages: I run a small business and onpay is perfect for processing our payroll. Some of the features we love:
1) Easy to use interface
2) Employees enter all their own bank information, withholdings, etc.
2) Employees can log in to download their own tax forms, details of previous pay runs, etc. (I don't need to print or distribute these forms or information.)
3) Onpay takes care of all the appropriate taxes, etc.
4) Although I am on a biweekly pay cycle, I can run a payroll whenever I want. (For instance, I can make a separate holiday bonus run)
5) I can easily switch between paper checks or direct deposit if needed
6) It's easy to adjust an employees pay or add other categories of payment
7) Great customer support. Whenever I have had a question or needed assistance, I have had the answer pleasantly and quickly
8) It's a great value and you get what is promised. I don't get any emails asking me to purchase other services or upgrade or other things that I don't need.
9) The transition from our previous payroll service to Onpay was easy and seamless.

Inconvénients: When I am out of the country, I have a hard time running payroll. I know this has to do with internet security, but I wish there was a straight-forward way to accommodate this issue.

Raquel A.
Payroll
Impression, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 24/09/2019

"Payroll Is Now A Breeze"

Commentaires: OnPay has made doing payroll enjoyable. They are quick to answer questions or concerns. They do the filings for multiple states for the same price. They will even do the year end reports like W-2s and W-3s. The ease of use is exceptional.

Avantages: What I like the most is the employee portal option, as well as the ease of pulling payroll tax reports. It's very easy to make changes as needed to employees profiles.

Inconvénients: What I like least is the function to pay Paid time off, or any other benefit, it's not as intuitive to use it. It took me a little while to figure it out.

• Publié le 24/09/2019
Founding Partner
Services juridiques, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 22/07/2019

"You should be using this payroll service!"

Commentaires: I have an employee with two local city withholdings and a school district withholding that I thought I was going to have to manually withhold for---turns out that a few minutes with online chat support is all it took to get Onpay to handle it.

Avantages: Easy to Use
Great Support
Inexpensive
Handles multiple local withholdings easily
Saves me a lot of time dealing with multiple tax filings

Inconvénients: I didn't like that there might be multiple w-2 forms for one person in some cases, but honestly it wasn't a big deal to just add them together for tax prep.

• Publié le 22/07/2019
Steve H.
Partner
Restaurants, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 30/11/2019

"Simple Payroll"

Commentaires: When I was starting up on OnPay, I had a couple of questions. I used their customer service and received instant help. They've been very easy to work with.

Avantages: This software is one of the easiest to setup and use. All taxes are handled for me. W-2's are created and mailed. Simple, simple simple. The best part about OnPay is that I don't need to do any paperwork. I just enter the hours and print the checks.

Inconvénients: The only con I have is in setting up a new employee. It forces me to use the federal minimum wage if the person is an hourly employee. Because our employees receive tips, we pay less than the minimum wage. That forces me to create another payment option and to make sure I don't accidentally use the default.

• Publié le 30/11/2019
Marc A.
Accountant
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 10/10/2019

"OnPay payroll software "

Commentaires: We are pretty basic as to what we use OnPay for. Mostly running payroll for salaried and hourly employees, tax reporting, and using OnPays standard reports. OnPay does all those things very well and easily. But we don't use it for much additional tracking, but from my use of it OnPay does those basic things very well and is easy to use.

Avantages: What I like most about OnPay is that it is very full featured regarding Internal reports, Tax reporting and affordability. I like that it is priced by how many employees each month and not the number of runs or transactions. I can make extra payroll runs employee reimbursements during the month without any extra charges. It is quite easy to use and covers most of our needs. Customer support is great and very responsive. The standard reports meet our needs well and have quite a few "filtering" features to customize them.

Inconvénients: There is not much to dislike, really. Maybe adding and employee can be a laid out a little differently. At times it seems a little confusing. Tax reporting for Michigan and Detroit there are some odd or quirky requirements for workers comp, minimum wage, which we do work-arounds, but this handles it.

• Publié le 10/10/2019
Peter C.
Logiciels, 13-50 employés
  • Publié le 04/12/2018

"OnPay satisfaction"

Commentaires: The big problem solved over the previous provider experience is the quality of customer service. Instead of being handed from 'specialist' to 'specialist', and putting up with constant confusion, mis communication and errors, OnPay are just on it. When you talk or communicate with OnPay you communicate with a real person who knows their business, what your business needs, their software, and who won't stop working with you personally until you are completely happy.

Avantages: Visually intuitive platform that takes what is a central admin process from functional to pleasurable.
OnPay offers simple, clear, visually attractive navigation for both the admins and the employees. Multiple reports options with the same visual simplicity and clarity, all easily sharable and usable. By comparison to the alternative payroll software we used prior, OnPay feels like its been designed by users, and not by accounting mechanics.

Inconvénients: The OnPay software just works, if there are problems, or least likes, can't think of anything significant.

• Publié le 04/12/2018
Will C.
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 06/12/2018

"I haven't used any other payroll software, but that's because OnPay has proven to be excellent."

Commentaires: OnPay does everything I need from a payroll perspective, from onboarding through WA State L&I taxes & federal payroll taxes. It makes being a business owner so much simpler than some of the payroll horror stories I've heard.

Avantages: It's web-based, so I can access it from anywhere. This is a big benefit as I'm not always at the shop when I need to add an employee or check out if someone has PTO or something to that effect. The price is fantastic and the support has been superb. I've had to open a couple of support tickets due to issues I had early on with not understanding how to do payroll (brand new business owner) and they've been phenomenal. Very fast support response and they're always helpful.

Inconvénients: It's likely not so much a con against OnPay as it is against payroll in general, but the process was a little confusing at first. Figuring out which payroll items to use for things like QSEHRA wasn't immediately obvious, but looking through the Knowledge Base or asking their support team I was eventually able to figure it out. This did mean I needed to make some retroactive corrections which OnPay was able to handle for me.

Liz K.
Agriculture, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 31/03/2020

"Great Payroll Done with the Least Amount of Problems"

Commentaires: I have worked with accounting firms in the past. They are expensive and required more 'hands - on' than was convenient. Hiring an accounting firm was always more expensive.
On Pay is a brilliant setup that is as easy-as-pie.
However, if I need any questions answered they are immediate with response and help.

Avantages: Using the On Pay interface was very easy and logical. It took me no time to pay my employees. The format is easy to navigate and the setup is quite user friendly.
I like that I need not fuss with taxes and other payroll distributions. It is all done right here.
My employees get direct deposit and end of year tax documentation.
I get a running narrative of where I stand at anytime I wish, as pertains to payroll.

Inconvénients: I have yet to find fault with On Pay. Any questions or help was very quickly offered.
Being in agriculture has its own areas of tax and qualifications, and On Pay was ready to go with what I needed.

Bruce W.
Buisness Owner
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 02/04/2018

"It works as long as it works. If theres a compilation go ahead and cancel the account."

Avantages: Dashboard right online where I can customize all my payroll calculations. I can handle everything from the my laptop.

Inconvénients: You get what you pay for. Onpay is an inexpensive solution to payroll needs for a small business. Sometimes it can be difficult to get a good accountant to take on a small account. It was perfect as far as scale goes and its a really brilliant concept. The trouble came when my state Department of Revenue blocked Onpay from fileing my payroll taxes. There did seem to be a legitimate issue and I am convinced that the guys and gals at Onpay were taking the correct steps to file my taxes but "shockingly" there seemed to be some incompetence on part of my state government. So why am I disappointed in Onpay? When they were unable to make the filing on my behalf they informed me of the difficulty and asked me to verify the information I provided. I was back and forth with the State and Onpay multiple times. Reassured the information was correct... Informed it still didn't work... this cycle played out two or three times. This is the point at which I feel Onpay failed me as a customer. Instead of reaching out and assigning A resolution specialist to run this thing to ground, they let me out to dry. because I messed around trying to get Onpay to help me resolve the issue I am now incurring penalties and am faced with paying a tax profesionals consulting fee to work the tangles out of my tax filings. My advice, go local where you can sit down with the pro and let he or she shepherd you through the maze.

• Publié le 02/04/2018
Shannyn H.
Construction, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 05/12/2018

"OnPay Review"

Commentaires: OnPay is fantastic. I can't imagine you will be disappointed with their outstanding service.

Avantages: I have been using OnPay for my company's payroll needs since November 2016 and it is fantastic. It is one stop shopping for all of my payroll needs from the overall functionality of the system to the payroll and tax reports the system prepares (and files) on my behalf. But my most favorite feature of this system is their chat functionality. When I am running payroll or have questions, they are always available to me and help me with my questions and issues. They walk me through every step and sometimes even suggest a phone call to help me with my issues. I've never been left w any issue outstanding. It is fantastic.

Inconvénients: My accountant doesn't love the way the data exports out of the OnPay system into my Quickbooks company file.

• Publié le 05/12/2018
Wesley H.
  • Publié le 25/10/2017

"Great UI, Easy to reach Customer Service, Dependable"

Avantages: The user interface is easy to use. I simply plug in the payroll hours and after a few steps I'm done. I don't have to worry about figuring out taxes, unemployment, etc. It also takes of my W2's at the end of the year. When I need help, I can chat via messenger or email them and I get a response in a day or so. Its also the cheapest I have found. Everyone I worked with has always been really nice. I have saved a lot of time.

Inconvénients: More reports using charts instead of just numbers. Being able to compare previous years to see how your doing in comparison. Its very possible that this is already implemented and I just have not figured it out. It would be nice to have a Clock in - and Clock out program attached to this so that I do not have to do it on a separate program.

• Publié le 25/10/2017
Cynthia P.
Controller
  • Publié le 29/11/2018

"OnPay has been fantastic!"

Commentaires: I've only used onpay for the basic payroll functions, but it has simplified the process for me. I do the payroll for 5 different companies and it's so easy to switch between them and take care of them all at once. I love the low fees and that I can run multiple payrolls a month for the same fee amount. I also like that it's easy to quickly cancel and resubmit a payroll when I realized I forgot to include a new employee's deduction.

Avantages: OnPay is super easy to use. It's easy to navigate the website and to access reports. Everything is laid out easily, so you know what information you need to include and how to input it in the software as you're setting up the company, adding employees, and running payrolls. Anytime I've had a question, I've been able to chat online with a customer service agent and get immediate direction on how to do something.

Inconvénients: There's nothing that I really don't like about the software. Everything is straightforward and easy to use.

Business Owner
Gestion de l'enseignement, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 29/11/2018

"Good Choice for a Small Business Service Provider"

Commentaires: As a small business, OnPay has served my payroll needs affordably which I really appreciate as ever penny matters. And the service they provide is great. I feel alot better working things through with them as the stress goes away if I thought I made a mistake I can't fix.

Avantages: Payroll is very new for me to do and I needed support. OnPay reviewed well, but their service has been great. Very timely when I send or call asking for help as often I didn't know what to do. The reps would walk me through it and problem solved (as well as the stress considering I'm in CA which has a lot of rules to follow). Cost structure is fair as I pay the base price then only for the employees who have worked for me that month which is really nice as my business is seasonal.

Inconvénients: Sometimes working through the different tabs is hard then to find the report I want to create the filter. It takes getting used to and some hits & misses. Or the pay structure is flexible in some parts and other ways not in how I use it. But compared to other services, their pay structure is way more flexible.