A great graphics design tool for non-designers

Publié le 15/01/2019
Jenn Z.
Owner, Creative Business Strategist
Art/artisanat, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, Design Wizard has allowed me to decrease the amount of time I spend creating graphics for my content marketing efforts. It's been a great boon in creating high-quality images and it's easy to use. Their pre-made templates are also very well designed and make it easy for non-designers to create beautiful graphics for online or print distribution.

Avantages: I like that I can create my own design 'templates' and update them when I create new graphics sets. It's very flexible and the stock photography they offer is top-notch! I love that I can find a vast swath of stock photos that aren't available elsewhere - that really adds to the value of this tool.

Inconvénients: I wish I could have more than five boards per design. I like to streamline my design process by creating all the graphics in a set at once and having to switch between designs in order to access enough art boards is annoying. I also wish that the grid tool was more robust and that there was some sort of positioning feature. It's hard to tell if an element is properly aligned within a design, so most of the time, I just have to guess and it's frustrating.

High Quality with Affordable Options

Publié le 04/11/2018
Marco M.
Teacher
E-learning, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: With Design Wizard's high-resolution, quality imaging and designs, I'm able to capture 20% more of my customer's attention, allowing me to grow my business and increase my market share. I'm so grateful for Design Wizard!

Avantages: I love the simplified platform. It allows even non-designers to create beautiful work.
I love the image database. It's almost always got just what I need to get my message across to my customers.
I love that I can lock down certain parts of an image and play around with different layers.
I love the video options, this is a novel idea that is eye-catching.
I love the way I can download a preview of my image, before downloading a high-res copy and spending a credit.
I love the freedom I have in each design, placing images, texts and numbers wherever I want to put them.
Most of all, I love the quality of the images that I'm now producing on Design Wizard. My customers are raving about how professional they look. Thanks, Design Wizard.

Inconvénients: If you're going to add multiple elements to your image, each one may end up costing you a bit.

Easy to use program with a lot of features

Publié le 20/03/2018
Melissa Y.
Marketing Coordinator
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: There are a lot of great things about this program, including that they have a free version. They have really nice templates and overall, it's easy to use. You can upload your own images and change the size of the current post you're working on, which is nice and you can't do that with some other programs. What I really love is that you can mark images as a favorite by clicking on the heart when you hover over the image. This is great since I often come across images that I like but maybe not for the purpose I'm looking for at the moment. This way I can click on my favorites and see them there instead of having to try to search all over again.

Inconvénients: There are a lot of resources but not very many completely free ones. There are several that are free, but are locked until you invite friends. Then you can use them. There are others with some cost, which is typical of similar programs and affordable. You can also change the size, but you can't enter your own sizes, at least not with the free version.

I love using Design Wizard to help my friend promote and sell her business on her Facebook page!

Publié le 24/10/2017
Lauriann moser M.
Support client

Avantages: The ease of use, all the fonts and colors that are available. I also like that I can upload my own photos and use them as ads. The ads and provided templates give me a professional Facebook ad.

Inconvénients: Sometimes the search function does not always bring the results I am looking for, also sometimes the program freezes up and I have to start over.

Réponse de l'éditeur

envoyé par Wave Break Media le 25/10/2017

Hi Lauriann,

Thank you for your review, I'm glad to hear you are enjoying Design Wizard.

I really appreciate your feedback and I will share it with our engineering team. We are currently working on improving search in the application and will be making changes throughout the year.

Best regards,

Claire

Good features but tricky to get the hang of

Publié le 19/04/2019
Megan B.
Writer, Blogger
Médias en ligne, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I have found the customer service team to be respinsive and give above average service, I'm really impressed with the team. It's taken awhile to find my way around and I'm still finding feature to use so that's kind of fun. I need some practice with design to make my images look polished so I'll be working on that. I think there is great opportunities for this service to become one of the best if they improve a few areas. The videos are a great option but as with all video products they have a cost. It was a bit confusing to start with how they charge per element but you soon understand it once you make a few images or videos. I truly hope they keep working on this software and it will become a highly useful service for many people.

Avantages: There is so much you can do with design wizard, if you know how or have the time to figure it out. There's unique elements available to add to your work. You can create images or videos in a fairly short amount of time once you know how to use the program. Customer service is fantastic.

Inconvénients: I think compared to other services I've used to create graphics its a bit hard to learn to use all the features. They have improved though I must say so its getting better, but I think they could improve some more and it would be a really great piece of software. I'd love to be able to create different kinds of products/images but there's a range you can create as is, I just think a few more options would make it better. Some graphic elements seem low quality or look cheap but some are great so you just have to look through them or maybe upload your own.

Taken the stress away from design

Publié le 18/07/2019
Jason L.
Managing Director
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I'm really happy with Design Wizard and would go to it first, before considering hiring someone to do any design work at all.

Avantages: It's so easy to use, without a need for documents, FAQ pages or customer support. I got started and found that I could create adverts, covers and other media really easily and quickly. In fact, each design takes the same time it would take to create an advert and hire someone to do it. With so many ready-made templates, you can click each section and re-write or switch out elements. Anyone could create a professional result.

Inconvénients: There's nothing major. On one occasion I spent time making a FB cover with video background. FB didn't accept it because the video wasn't long enough. Not sure if that was an issue with Design Wizard (I think I was in the FB cover section) or if I should have known about the time constraint.

Fairly easy to find your way around, and has most functions needed to create designs.

Publié le 25/10/2017
Val M.
sole entrepreneur
Gestion de l'enseignement, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Design Wizard has beautiful layouts that work well for desired outcomes. I love that complementary colours are automatically suggested.

Inconvénients: Disappointed that my query was not responded to (I eventually solved it myself). I'd like a 'custom design' option to be able to choose a unique size, rather than only the template options. I would like to have folders available so that designs created for different projects can be easily located. If DW could work out a way that if you pay for design once, you can use it again, they'd have me as their regular customer. (At present if one creates and downloads a design, and then spots something that needs to be changed, it seems one pays again for the altered download! )

Réponse de l'éditeur

envoyé par Wave Break Media le 26/10/2017

Hi Val,

Thank you for your review and feedback, we really appreciate it.

I'm sorry that you didn't receive our response related to your customer query. You can download a free preview of your design to check alignment etc without using any of your credits.

I will send you information about this in my email to you.

Best regards,

Claire

Canva's Little Brother

Publié le 11/03/2019
Mick M.
Marketing Manager
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: We only need an occasional design for example for a social profile. The type of job that is too small for a designer.
After using Canva for almost two years, we switched to Design Wizard and never looked back.
There are myriads of really nice looking templates and stock images. The templates are also very fresh, unlike canva's that are somewhat dated.

Inconvénients: It can get quirky at times, with bugs now and there.
There is no snapping feature, e.g. one cannot position an image exactly below a text object.
Canva has a great system of 'pages' - different versions of one design.

My Design wizard Review

Publié le 21/04/2019
Jeremy D.
Ceo
Mode et vêtements, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We use it for our graffiti font designs thank you design wizard for a great program

Avantages: Amazing for font designs and the ease of use is awesome

Inconvénients: Nothing great program for a great price.

This can get simple jobs done, that look professional.

Publié le 06/07/2018
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Fast and easy!

Avantages: Lots of templates to use when creating Social Media Post. I haven't been using this one for very long, I have only discovered it a month ago, but, It has a free version and that it always a plus. Like I said, it does have a lot of different template layouts but very few designs, unlike their competitors.

Inconvénients: Not a lot of free resources, but you are able to unlock more of them using the free version with friend invites. So Not exactly a Con.

Multitude of professional templates and images, incl. transparent images(these alone are worth lots)

Publié le 01/11/2018
Jess J.
Copy Freelancer
Sports, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It's a great asset for a freelancer as it's so easy to put together a professional-looking design. Design Wizard comes pre-loaded with the right size templates for various social media or types of posts. It offers a multitude of templates that are easy to edit. Tons of high resolution images including transparent images!!!

Inconvénients: Each purchase within the app is intended for one design.

For the price, Design Wizard isn't bad

Publié le 09/03/2018
Jennifer G.
Graphic Designer
Support client

Avantages: Affordable monthly price, I am able to customize the ad or artwork I am trying to create and I enjoy the online training - it even gives me some ideas of things I can utilize on my future ads. I like the templates that are available, they give me a starting point on certain things such as cards or socials media graphics.

Pictures produced are very high quality however the system is very slow and can be very tedious

Publié le 25/10/2017
Laura F.
Fitness Coordinator
Sports, 1 001-5 000 employés

Commentaires: High quality designs

Avantages: I have found the designs very professional ! High quality images to select from. Good selection of social media platforms to choose from.

Inconvénients: Very slow system! Limited space on upload of pictures. When you remove a picture it should free up space allocated however it does not.

Great for Non-Graphic Designers

Publié le 29/11/2018
Freelance Writer
Internet, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I like how easy it is to design the graphics i need for my marketing projects without a lot of experience in graphic design.

Inconvénients: I have no complaints about this software. I like it better than Canva, which I was paying for.

another design app

Publié le 31/01/2019
Ale R.
Editor
Presse écrite, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Mediocre app, could be better. Is not so bad, but i do recomend canva, stencil or other app. With the video template they could win some advantage

Avantages: Design wizard is another design app, but they need to up the game in a crowd market. I try, and have several tools like this (visme, canva, design bold, youzign and more) and design wizard is not so good. Pros:
- have good number of templates
- easy to use
- have video templates

Inconvénients: They offert a good number of templates but they not so good, mostly are kind ugly and old
The editor is kind basic, miss basic features than other app offert
Dont have phone app
The save sistem is not good
The template design is basic, they dont offert other kind of design like calendar, PDF, books, and mre
I dont like the credit system take 1 download, and not a design

Great so far very user friendly

Publié le 29/09/2017
Dave S.
Médecine douce, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It's ease of use I got a short tutorial from a lovely girl and I was able to put together sonething decent with some practice ill be an expert

Great unless you want total customization

Publié le 20/02/2019
Interior Designer
Urbanisme et architecture, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: Version d’essai gratuite
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: It's a great product to plug and play items for a presentation. It has many easy to use features that come in handy for quick results.

Inconvénients: If you want total control and customization of your presentations, you're better off using something like inDesign.

Loads and loads of templates

Publié le 06/12/2018
Esther G.
Business Owner
Photographie, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's a little buggy, but they are constantly working on improving it.

Avantages: I love the huge variety of templates, especially video!

Inconvénients: It charges me for a design even if I pick a design, erase everything and start from scratch. Then it charges me everytime I make a change and download it again.