15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

Avis clients sur OfficeTools

En savoir plus sur OfficeTools

En combinant des tableaux de bord et la saisie de données sur un seul écran, les utilisateurs bénéficient d'une expérience unique qui leur permet de tout gérer en quelques clics.

En savoir plus sur OfficeTools

I like that it works with QuickBooks and Lacerte. I like the reports that it offers in order to track performance and efficiency.

The Lacerte software integration did not work very well.

OfficeTools - Notes

3,7
3,8
4,0
3,7

OfficeTools a reçu une note globale de 4,1 étoiles sur 5 d'après 196 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé OfficeTools ?

Lyndsey
Lyndsey
Manager (É.-U.)

Office Tools has streamlined our office, we now only use 1 program where we used to use three.

Commentaires : Everything is in one place. I can track the progress of projects that co workers are doing, so when someone calls and can tell quicker where we are on there return or other accounting service.

Can add To Do's in program for reminders to do several things. Keep track of appointments easily. Documents are easy to find. Can add notes about clients. Can track status of projects and set due dates. Can send documents out for esignatures securely and its easy for clients to sign and return.

Wip and A/R balances don't match from end of month to beginning of next month. When adding Wip to invoices, system writes off balance to zero instead of showing profit if billed amount is still over the amount of WIP on bill. Documents for business clients is harder to sort, employees like to have folders.

Cathleen
Comptabilité, 2–10 employés

Office Tools "was" the next best thing. Honest review: I have "loves" and "hates"

Commentaires : The portals are easier for my customers to use than my old portal product.
Customer service: none unless they can sell you more product or $$. Often times unresponsive.
Billing flexibility definitely better than my old product but recurring monthly or quarterly not as automated as I would like. We found the dashboard to be very confusing and counter productive as far as tasks, appointments and to-do items, my staff was still keeping spreadsheets of their projects for clarity. Too many extra steps required to completely clear something from your view of things to do. free-flow document management took a bit to get used to over windows folder structure, but very manageable. We have actually now split into two different products as we wanted beefier document management tools. Calendar connecting with exchange was a hot mess.

There are a lot of things I love about this software and it was a vast improvement 3 years ago over what I was using. Love: Project tracking, although not as complete as we would like - we have actually left for one that has a more Kan Ban style visual approach, with the ability to tag colored status tags on a project as it moves through the process. Love: Billing: select all time entries related to a project to mark up and bill, or bill all out marked up for a monthly subscription client. Love: ability to link charge card processing both to portal and to invoice. Love - time reports for easy payroll processing. My clients love the portals.

Hate: document management presentation - must specifically look for emails or notes related to a project: have since moved to a product that has a chat-style interface perfect for a remote workforce. Hate: could never get project reports to print everything I needed. Matter of filters. I will give them the benefit and say perhaps I didn't learn that part well enough. Hate: tech support used to be terrible before they were bought out, has improved but still not great. I may now be really spoiled by the product I moved to - response sometimes within minutes. Hate: BEWARE: their contract has auto renewal without positive confirmation from user. I left them because I spent countless hours with their tech support, and many many $$ in tech support, and by their own admission, it was an issue they were aware of, and nothing to be done about . Now they want to charge me for the entire year and not let me out of it, unless I spend countless more time and $$ to try to resolve the issue that they already know they could not resolve. We have been receiving an error message when logging in for months. They know about it. Yes, you can just click through it and log in, but it is another annoyance that they are aware of yet still want to charge me for an entire year when I have limped through the last several like a dedicated customer. The ability to link my calendar in exchange to that in Office Tools was a deal maker/breaker for me.

myles
Managing Partner (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

From HORRIBLE OfficeTools moved to TaxDome

Commentaires : HORRIBLE software!

ABSOLUTELY ZERO. At the time OfficeTools seemed like the only practice management software that could consolidate some of our management software. Was interested in the Lacerte sync function, but it's basically useless. Every year you have to wait for the developers to fix the sync, usually this is done after tax season haha. So adding new clients to Lacerte and expecting them to sync to OfficeTools is a joke.

Too many to list. Stone age program that needs to be taken out to pasture. STAY AWAY!

Janet
Bookkeeper/Office Manager (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Great productivity tool but has some issues

Commentaires : It streamlined our business and made every step clear for each team member. The projects flow nicely from one person to next. Especially while we work remotely because of the Covid-19 pandemic, it allows us to work efficiently without missing a beat.

OfficeTools creators have thought of every aspect of the business and that's what we loved. Any questions that we had "can we do this or can we do that" the answer was yes. You can create projects, assignments, To Do and have it set-up anyway that works for your team. You can use it for marketing emails with groups, etc. Very well designed.

It has glitches and it takes some time to learn how to use it. For instance, I don't need to use Lacerte, but I had to have it installed so I could use OfficeTools, otherwise, I kept getting error messages. And then, you have to make sure you are logged in to Lacerte every morning or the program won't work properly and the only way you realize that is when you are looking for an assignment or a document and you don't see it - then you inquire from your team and they say "Oh, it's there, I can see it..." then you realize you need to log back in for the software to refresh and show you everything. It doesn't notify you that Lacerte has been logged off. Also, the training module and how it works was a bit confusing for us.

Terri
Terri
Comptabilité, 2–10 employés

Long term Office Tools User!

Commentaires : We have been using Office Tools for 12 years now. I cannot imagine how we functioned without it before and would not want to go back to those days. It is a very affordable and very comprehensive product. Also, it is very easy to implement and use. Our need to get support has been rare. Without hesitation, I recommend Office Tools!

Everything in one place! We have our scheduling, project and deadline management, phone call tracking, time-keeping and billing, and document management all in one place.

There really is nothing that I don't like about Office Tools. We did try out their client portal a few years ago, and we went to Sharefile to get some added features. But, we are going to go back to try the Office Tools client portal again before the end of the year. I am hopeful it will be a great change for us.

Russell
Russell
CEO (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 2–10 employés

Does many things, but non of them well

Commentaires : Terrible

Purports to be an all in one practice management solution

Clunky, inefficient, outdated, not cloud based, and hogs a ton of local computing resources - impacting every other program we run. Lacerte integration (a key reason we choose OfficeTools) is spotty and glitchy. They push ridiculously long contracts - I’m stuck in a five year contract even though I stopped using OfficeTools after four months. Their portal is very limited and doesn’t easily offer permanent access to client files. They didn’t secure their SendGrid relay properly resulting in several clients getting emails from a hacker (falsely) claiming that their data had been hacked.

LaFonda
LaFonda
Comptabilité

Really helps keep our office organized and know exactly where, when, what and why!

Commentaires : We are much more organized and spend much less time trying to be organized. It has saved us time which in turn saves us money.

We love that it integrates with our Office365, that we can easily upload docs to a secure portal, get esignatures for a very low price and that it keeps track of who last touched the "file". Very impressed with being able to send email templates to clients with information we are constantly repeating, which saves an enormous amount of time.

For an excellent program, you have to put a TON of time in getting it set up. Garbage in Garbage out means you need to have a plan. It would be nice if there was a planning tool to help guide you throught the set up process. The one hour video isn't terribly helpful. An excel spreadsheet would be wonderful, if you do this, you need to do thus kind of thing.

Marsha
Marsha
Office Manager / Accounting Executive/Quickbooks Pro Advisor (É.-U.)

I have had an amazing experience using Office Tools

Commentaires : See my survey

The record keeping itself is worth its weight in gold. Having one software that lets you store and organize files, create and follow projects, time keeping and billing as well as schedules. I totally have become solely dependent on this one program to enable me to complete days of work into several hours. Customer support is the best. They taught me and helped me without judgement!!

Need it to be cloud based for easier use anywhere work takes me. Pricing is a bit high for smaller clients. I would like to have all of our accounting clients using this product. I also wish the big Vegas Show was on East Coast as well.

Darshan
Darshan
Designated Hitter (É.-U.)
Vente au détail, 51–200 employés

Number and Data tools for good

This tool helps me to keep my daily accounting and numbers data practice run on time with so many different features like Clients time tracking, scheduling, processing signatures, mass data sharing, and easily get control on data sharing. In long term it helps us to show that where we are standing when seeing our tax returns at the end of year. Also have a good metrics in terms of dollars of where and how we are spending every day.

Lots of functions are not used by our company. So they should give an option to the company of what tools will be used based on that payment should be decided. - Canon Scanners (We don't use canon scanners) - Portal not the way we want to organize it or modify it

Abdelrahman
CEO (Koweït)
Matériel informatique, 11–50 employés

Mostly helpful

5,0 il y a 8 mois

The working get more easier than before

Every thing is different than others It could be helpful

il y a 5 mois

Abdelrahman, thank you for sharing your experience working with OfficeTools! We're happy to hear that the platform has made it easier to get work done at your firm.

Judy
Accountant (Canada)
Comptabilité, 2–10 employés

Could be a good product but no customer service to help you realize its potential.

Commentaires : Trying to get answers to specific questions is futile. There is no attempt to identify a problem. They are dismissive if they have never seen it before . As you show them, on your screen, what the problem is and ask for a solution you get - "you need the newest update, that will get rid of the problem" or "it is your fault" or my personal favourite - "that doesn't happen" as they watch it happening on the screen.

Love the time feature. It is easy to record the time you spend on a file. You can have multiple timers going to track clients that you have stopped working on while you answer the phone, or wait for info from them. Our billings went up 20 % immediately because we were keeping track of our time better. The project management is great as long as everyone is vigilant about tracking their files. It is a constant challenge to get employees to record the movement of a project but constant vigilance and discussion gets the point across to new staff quickly.

There is no follow up on queries, compliments or complaints. They only call if they want to sell you more. It could be a great product if the customer service was there. Someone that will look at the problems and discuss possible solutions or a work around. But that doesn't happen so thank you Capterra for giving us alternatives to look into.

Bernie
cpa (É.-U.)

Office Tools - a CRM with time tracking and billing

Commentaires : Terrible all around - would not recommend to anyone.

Office Tools was very good at client tracking, recording activities and histories.

There is no project management and their customer service is by far the worst I've ever been in contact with. Our renewal was up in 45 days and I sent them an email to let them know that we had fewer employees now and needed fewer licenses. They said I needed to send them notice via certified mail 60 days before my renewal date and they went ahead and renewed us at our higher seat count for another year. I tried calling and emailing to no avail - buyer beware!

Ryan
Accountant (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 2–10 employés

The software has the potential to be an elite program but it is grossly underdeveloped.

It has all in one capabilities such as client management, time tracking, billing and payment, reports, scheduling, and document storage. The platform layout is clean and user friendly. The learning curve to its features is low to mid-range which can be credited to it's design functionality. It does utilize some integrations well such as the Dymo label printer and Drop Folders. Overall, calls to Customer Support have been adequate with at least 90% problem resolution. I do have to knock the Customer Support to 2 stars because they do not have any early morning east coast support hours. If I have an issue with Office Tools I have to wait 4 hours to reach anybody on the phone. Half of my day is now gone.

Communication from Office Tools to its software owners is horrible. Known disruptions in services was communicated after the fact. Software updates are non-existent. As of this review, 10/19/17, there has only been 1 public release update to the software in all of 2017 (v2017.019) and that was in January. That is unacceptable. The Contact Screen has a narrow scope in what it allows for user input. I believe there are only 5 open variable fields that we can alter to collect data specific to our practice. The rest of it is dead white space underneath of it. Software only allows one taxpayer's information to be displayed on the main Contacts screen with the spouse relegated to a "More Contacts" tab. It is more efficient to have all contacts displayed on one screen. Client portal only allows for 1 contact email address. The portal is not a responsive web design and certainly not friendly to mobile devices. There are buttons in the portal that are only seen when scrolled over (Pay Now buttons on invoice tab). Payments made via a portal invoice do not sync down to the billing screen. Downloading multiple documents from the portal is inefficient. There is no "Download All" button. E-signing process is convoluted to the signer and has bugs which have not been fixed. Form letters do not give you access to all collected data variables. No user community to introduce or vote on feature requests. LinkedIn or Facebook aren't the solution.

Comptabilité

Better value than ProFX but customer support is terrible

I like the recurring invoice feature and that I can find documents easily. It doesn't alter your files the way eFileCabinet does and so if you want to change software, no exporting is necessary. I also like that it syncs with Lacerte, QuickBooks and Outlook.

It is very difficult to figure out on your own. You have to pay for training and there are not enough online resources to figure out how to change settings yourself. Since the middle of 2017 support does a terrible job of returning your call or email. You will have a very long hold time. I left a message to schedule training (which I will have to pay for) and they never returned my call. Though most of their clients are CPAs they took presidents day as a holiday, even though it is tax season. I have an immediate need but will have to wait until tomorrow to even get an appointment to get on the schedule.

Anne
Partner (É.-U.)

Love Office Tools

Commentaires : Great software just expensive.

A powerful product. A Swiss Army knife for tax office management. Easy to learn and it does so much.

1. Expensive. 2. Client portal not as intuitive as Drake. 3 Setting should be set to make sure client documents are not accidentally deleted.

Jeffery
Accountant (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 2–10 employés

Software was Valuable to our firm first. But then it became cost prohibitive.

Commentaires : Practice management in one platform.

I like the document management service. The scheduling software. And I like the notes. We also used the to dos quite a bit.

The cost. And the fact they update the software year during tax season. Because of the cost, this will be the last year that we will be using Office Tools Pro. Also, the cloud-based features are severely lacking. In order to be able to view your schedule online, you have to have Outlook and an outlook sync subscription with Office tools pro. And even that feature is very clunky and works very rarely. We had many preparers in our office miss Appointments because they did not show up on the outlook schedule on their phones. The only effective way to see appointments was to remote in to the computer to see the scheduling within the program directly.

Kim
Consultant (É.-U.)

OT has been difficult to implement and use. We have had several technical difficulties as well.

We bought the Program because it interfaces with QuickBooks and had a scheduling program. I gave customer support the best rating bc they are lovely and patient when you talk to them. The employees really are your best asset.

The software has had several technical problems. It doesn't seem to easily showed budgeted time for scheduling purposes like we thought. It doesn't sync with QuickBooks easily (invoices show up skewed). There are so many boxes to click and items to fill out that it makes entering information time intensive. And some of those items really don't do anything (click the Extension box on a project, but there is no Extension report to show who you have on extension as an example). Crystal reports are clunky to work with. I gave training a higher score because they are lovely, patient and informative, but an issue we have with training is sometimes the trainer will tell us to do "x" but doesn't explain how that will effect "xy&z" down the road. I really wanted the software to work well for us but it really has been difficult.

Richard
President (É.-U.)
Services financiers, 2–10 employés

Generally good - but concerned about the future.

Commentaires : Document/contact management

Good Product. OTP good service - but only on West Coast Time - need to expand hours . Staff, particuliary Mike G and Jarred F, are great to work with.

Company bought by Abacus 5/31/17. Sales now handled by Abacus. They want a 3 yr contract!! No upgrades of any kind since Abacus - but price increase and they want a 3 yr contract. Seem to be pricing themselves out of market for small firms. First comments were that I should just pay the increase because of the buyout. I think they should improve my value before raising prices! Three year contract is not competitive! Like the new weekly training classes, hope they will keep these archieved so we can use them for staff training

Sherree
Executive Assistant (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 2–10 employés

Easy, time-saving, organizing, delight!

Commentaires : It greatly helps in our effort for a paper-free office!

I love the phone call section and the to-do section the most. These features make our office run smooth as silk. It is so nice to create a tax season to-do, with thirty-two items on it. I finish the thirty-two items and I am now ready for tax season. Then I change the date on the to-do and it pops up next year. This saves me so much time!

Sometimes it takes a little while to fix small problems. Large problems are fixed very quickly though. I wish they would fix the amount of characters possible on the first name line. There really hasn't been too many cons for us, as we love the software!

Sarah
Bookkeeper (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 2–10 employés

Great software for CPA firm to keep organized.

Commentaires : Overall experience has beeen great! We are learning new things every day that we can accomplish with Office Tools and it’s been very beneficial to our growing accounting firm.

It does everything from scheduling, time tracking, document organization to project management. All of our clients information is together in once place and every one in our office has access to it. I can see who has worked on which projects, for how long and when they’ve been completed. It also tracks our invoicing and will sync emails to each clients document folder which is super helpful!

Access to all of the features can be modified for each employee, however changing it to allow access isn’t very clear and doesn’t give detail on what it allows them access to. Overall great software!

Nathalie
Nathalie
Tax Accountant (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 11–50 employés

Office Tools - Good for Small Companies

Commentaires : I had a very positive experience with Office Tools. It was very easy to use and could store a lot of data. Opening, copying, and saving documents was also very efficient

I liked how user friendly the software was. It was easy to store and save data as well as track workflows.

Creating workflows wasn't very intuitive

il y a 5 ans

Dear Nathalie, Thank you for taking the time to review OfficeTools. We're so glad you found the software to be user-friendly, and we appreciate your feedback about creating workflows. Thank you for your patronage; we look forward to being of service for many years to come. Best, Katie Ternes Marketing Coordinator AbacusNext (858) 882-4882

Raissa
Accounting Specialist (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 11–50 employés

Office Tools

Commentaires : Not the best experience but could be worse.

This software has all the vital functions you would expect. Invoicing, Billing, Project Management, File Storage

This software is constantly freezing and giving error messages.

l’année dernière

Hi, Raissa. We apologize for any difficulties you've been experiencing with OfficeTools. We want you to know that we have our best people on it! Please feel free to reach out to your OfficeTools representative if you would like to discuss further or if there are other areas you are having trouble with.

Great Program When it works

Commentaires : It was initially great integrating one CRM database between QB/Lacerte. Recent updates has caused the office staff to update multiple databases which increased error rates of different client information in OTPS and QB and Lacerte. Prior to the update we would update one database.

The database it creates and the custom project tracking for accountants and tax offices

Customer support and the ballooning cost year over year. The more I pay the quality of the support goes down as well as the ability/reliability to synch with other software

Ck
Software Architect (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 10 000+ employés

All in one solution

What I love about this suite is that it includes a bunch of software that you would typically need for billing, invoicing, tax, etc., and provides them in a nice one-stop-shop package. All offerings are well integrated with each other and handle simple to complex scenarios. My most used and I think their best feature is their invoicing. Very easy to customize, apply markup, and set up for an ad-hoc or a reoccurring subscription.

If you are only planning on using the basic functionality, then you will get a big sticker shock. This product is very expensive, especially for a small business. Also, make sure you set a reminder before renewals. They add you to auto-renewals without specifically notifying you.

il y a 2 ans

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

Charmayne
Document Manager (É.-U.)
Comptabilité, 2–10 employés

One top ap for all your office needs

Commentaires : We use OT the most for billing clients. It does a great job tracking employee hours and allowing the flexibility to change bills.

The favorite thing about Office Tools is the to-do list. It helps keep me on task and remembers the important tasks that I need to be sure to remember.

The letter writing function is difficult and time consuming. What you see in the letter screen is not always the same format that is printed. It takes a lot of time to save any changes that you make.