We used a free trial version of ZipWhip for 30 days

Ashley C.
Administrative Site Manager
Produits pharmaceutiques, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I would definitely recommend this product. I really liked how user friendly it was. We had a training session with the ZipWhip team and even if we hadn't had that, I'm certain we could have used this product to the best of it's ability. I also really like the customer service team. They were friendly and always available for help. They really wanted us to make the most of the product and were open to any changes or ideas we had to make it even better.

Avantages: I work at a small clinical research site, and a huge part of our job is making sure that our patients can get in touch with us if they need us, and that we can get back to them quickly. We have a database system that allows us to text our patients, but the notification that the patient has texted us back only comes to us via email. ZipWhip allows us to get the notification right on our desktop. This was really helpful, because if a patient reached out to us and we were working on something else, we still got that notification. We also like that we could send text messages at a certain time. For some of our visits, patients need to fast, so being able to set up a scheduled text message to remind patients of that was really great. This way we at the site didn't forget, and neither did the patient.

Inconvénients: One thing that was tricky - and it was no fault of ZipWhip - was that patients were getting texts from us from two numbers - the ZipWhip number and the database number that we had previously used. We would really have liked to figure out a way to combine this information so that our patients didn't get confused, but this would require a lot of work.

Zip Whip

Publié le 09/01/2019
Lori M.
Finance Director
Médias de diffusion, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus de deux ans
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's a great service and the price point beat anything else we were considering.

Avantages: As non profit radio stations, communication and engagement with our listeners is essential. We were looking for options incorporating texting and zip whip was exactly what we needed. People can text to the same number that they use to call us. No extra number or code to remember. It provides two way communication unlike some other options where people can text you but just get automated response. No extra equipment is needed. You can log in to the software on your computer or download the app to a mobile device and you are up and running. The support staff has been awesome to work with. It's a great company.

Inconvénients: It's not built for "bulk" outgoing texts and to send a text to more than just a few people is a bit time consuming and clunky.

Communication at our Fingertips

Publié le 18/05/2019
Independent Consultant
Produits alimentaires, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I love how simple it is to send and receive text messages to the store using this software. It is so much faster to respond to customer queries by typing than by going through the motions and social cues of a telephone conversation. It is also really, really helpful to be able to access the full history of conversation with various contacts, so that no matter how much time has passed, we can easily see what was discussed in prior conversations. It also allows us to communicate quickly between colleagues and with the boss, as we can quickly fire off a note about needing change or arriving to work late without tying up the phone lines.

Inconvénients: Most people's mobile phones no longer have difficulties dealing with long messages. Restricting the number of characters in a message is aggravating, as sometimes what we need to communicate can't be summed up in 250 characters, and I would like to see the software grow to reflect the current state of communication.

This has changed the way we do business

Publié le 20/09/2017
Karen B.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Adding another form of communication with our customers.

Avantages: The ability to make your LAN line textable. With the onset of the millennials and the evergrowing texting population in general, adding the texting capability to your published LAN line is almost a necessity. This software allows business individuals to use the Zipwhip App to answer a customer's text via their cell phones or computer. Zipwhip opens another avenue of communication with your customers. When mulitple individuals within the company use the app, if a text comes in, it will show everyone within the company who has replied to that text.

Inconvénients: There is really not anything negative other than being intergrated with our software, Escapia. We have to run two dashboards which can be a little time consuming.

Works great when it works

Publié le 26/01/2019
Director, Engineering Services
Machines, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Zipwhip is actively causing me business problems due to the fact they cannot support their product outside of regular business hours in the pacific time zone. They are an extremely risky solution provider if you intend to run the majority of your customer contact through SMS. And the ability to run the majority of your customer contact through SMS seems to be what Zipwhip’s “value proposition” is, so basically, don’t bother with these guys.

Avantages: Easy to use, multi user single inbox for a “reception desk” type system.

Inconvénients: Their customer service is nonexistent.
If you have a problem outside of their normal business hours, too bad for you. Which is a fairly bitter pill when you have an established customer base accustomed to texting you, only to have some unknown error occur and be told by Zipwhip that someone will get back to you on Monday. Every software has bugs, but one should chose a partner based on how well they support you, and it appears support is a foreign concept to these people.
It’s also the most expensive solution for this out there, and i have tried a few. I’ve switched to something 1/10th the price that does exactly the same thing, and i can get help with it on the weekend if so needed.

Texting customers couldn't get much easier

Publié le 25/07/2018
Tim M.
IT Manager/Systems Administrator
Immobilier
Support client

Avantages: We have been using ZipWhip for just over a year now. Customers LOVE the ability to send us a text at our service telephone number. Our staff loves the ability to have multiple people logged into the account so that we can see if a customer has been responded to, as well as the ability to look back in the history of texts to see what was discussed previously.

Inconvénients: The company is located in the Pacific time zone, so if I have an issue (Eastern Time Zone) at 8 am, I have to wait an hour for them to get into the support center.

Utilized for missed appointments

Publié le 20/06/2018
Denise M.
Executive assistant
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus de deux ans
Support client

Avantages: I really like that I am able to cut and paste into the text message. Makes sending text's very quick and easy. I also like that you can send mass text's to multiple clients at once.

Inconvénients: I dislike only having 250 characters to send text's. At times, may need to send multiple text's to be able to send complete information.

Best value texting platform

Publié le 06/10/2018
Deputy Director
Bibliothèques, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Zipwhip was the first SMS solution we tried and will be the last. It does what is needs to do for an exceptionally low cost.

Avantages: Zipwhip has the lowest cost of any SMS platform I've found. Its API allowed our dev team to quickly and easily connect it to our CRM for maximum efficiency. It's easy to use, and intuitive. Zipwhip has made SMS communication a snap.

Inconvénients: When you use the web interface, conversations can get buried if you're not right on top of them. But that's a minor quibble.

As the name say, sends the message in a whip!!

Publié le 25/04/2019
Management Engineer
Recrutement, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Very happy with the overall experience. Best feature are the customizable dynamic fields. Also unlimited messages with a good sending rate is a bonus. It served the purpose decently of contacting bunch of people at the same time with a certain message. We did use it for Christmas and Thanksgiving wishes too!!

Avantages: The GUI, it is very basic and user friendly.
The dynamic fields are helpful and easy to change around according to the needs, very useful when trying to send a particular message to a bunch of people in a group.

Inconvénients: Of course, the pricing. For a text service, I would say a bit overpriced but it's definitely worth it if you have a large clientele and customers.

Good product does what it says

Publié le 30/07/2018
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Ability to send and receive texts without owning a mobile device

Avantages: I wont use a cell, so having people text me and then ask why I had not responded got pretty irritating to explain. My business number is all over the web and people assume you will respond to a text, so this is a must have for me.

Inconvénients: The messages are restricted to 250 characters, not only is this a nuisance while sending but often incoming messages appear in sections and often in the wrong order.
No support for short code texts, so I cant verify my number to sign up with online banking or zelle transfers, very annoying!

Basics for a small team

Publié le 01/04/2019
Logan B.
Operations Manager
Assurance, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We had a good experience with Zipwhip. We left it behind for a simpler more effective solution.

Avantages: Zipwhip was our first foray into texting for sales and customer service. We learned a lot for little money.

Inconvénients: Everyone shared the same number. It was difficult to tell customers and prospects apart and to route the text to the right team.

My experience with this product is simplicity.

Publié le 07/02/2018
David H.
System Admin
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The benefits I received from this software is a quick and easy way to stay in contact with peers and potential students.

Avantages: The thing I like most about this product Is the ability to use the website or the installable application to send and receive text messages.

Reliable and Unique

Publié le 16/11/2018
Jonathan C.
Art, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I realize that I have been communicating the hard way before I switched to Zipwhip

Avantages: This is the best texting suite I've ever had, I can reach multiple clients at once without error.

Inconvénients: So far, not much has been bothering me about this app.

Excellent Texting Platform

Publié le 03/10/2018
Jhaneth V.
Client Services Director
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We are able to receive and send texts to clients in a confidential, convenience and affordable way.

Avantages: - Easy to use platform
- Manage contact options (individual or group, contact information)
- Can be accessed in multiple platforms (Desktop, Ipad, Mobile)
- Price

Inconvénients: There is nothing we do not like about this software.

Really effective way to communicate with clients.

Publié le 19/07/2017
Christian H.
Assurance, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: communicate easily with clients

Avantages: What I like most is the simplicity of the user interface. We can get in and get out of the program quickly...just like sending a real text message!

Inconvénients: I wish there was a real time notification for when a client texts us. You have to log in to see when someone sent you a message.

zipwhip

Publié le 05/04/2019
Ellie J.
Construction, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Ability to text customers that do not respond to email.

Inconvénients: Not able to integrate with my dispatching software.

Easy Texting Service - Perfect for Recruiting Purposes

Publié le 25/07/2019
Gina G.
HR Specialist
Télécommunications, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This product makes it easier to communicate with potential employees, increasing our overall recruiting numbers which is perfect as we are in an industry with high turnover rates.

Avantages: This software is user friendly, and easy to use. It has an awesome function where you can add groups of people and text them all at once, but when and if they respond, it only comes back to us. It was perfect for our recruiting texts, as people communicate via text more often than voice or email these days.

Inconvénients: There were a few features discussed with the recruiting team at the time of use that were not yet available with the software.

Very simple

Publié le 26/03/2019
Skilled Recruiter
Recrutement, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: There's not much to get lost in with this software. It's to the point and easy to navigate/figure out.

Inconvénients: There aren't many options for sorting messages and they disappear after a certain amount of time.

Great Product, but a little pricey

Publié le 21/02/2019
John S.
Internet Manager
Automobile, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This product would be great and would really work across our dealership, but would cost a fortune. I have been unable to download a copy of the invoices as of yet, but support has told me that this should be fixed next month. We shall see, because it is a pain to call them every month so I can request a copy of the invoice to send to accounting.

Avantages: The ability to download a mobile app and continue to text customers from your mobile phone without giving them your personal number is great! I cannot state how much of a asset that is.

Inconvénients: It can get pricey if you have a lot of users. We currently only have one user so it is pretty cheap, but if we wanted to use it throughout the dealership it would be too expensive. It would be nice to see a cheaper group rate for users over a certain limit that is affordable.

Straight-forward, gets the job done.

Publié le 27/07/2017
Kyle D.
Assurance, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We were able to reach customers in a new, sometimes more efficient way.

Avantages: It allowed us to connect with our potential clients and existing clients in a way that we were not able to before. It was easy to use and efficient.

Inconvénients: I did not like that it was so basic. They could have added some other features as far as keeping track of who you have texted. Also, it would be nice if it were easier to dig up numbers from the past.

An okay product in a category full of terrible products

Publié le 07/09/2017
Jordan B.
Assistant Manager
Support client

Avantages: It lets us send two-way texts cheaply. It synced to our current phone line.

Inconvénients: It's a nightmare to use. Management of contacts is poor (and necessary). You can't mark messages as unread, which makes it impossible to share workload across a team. We had our account accidentally deleted by ZipWhip and we lost all of our data.

Convenience of ZipWhip

Publié le 16/11/2018
Brittni R.
Director of Concierge Services
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It was a great way to improve our communication with our members and clients

Avantages: Zipwhip linked to mindbody through contact logs. This was very helpful along with the fact it uses your landline number.

Inconvénients: The cost for the capabilities. The only functionality is texting.

ZipWhip

Publié le 29/08/2018
Sarah N.
Assistant Manager
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I like how we can use this as an added function for contacting clients

Inconvénients: It might be a little difficult to figure out if you don't have help