15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

En savoir plus sur Onshape

Onshape est le premier et le seul système de CAO 3D entièrement cloud. Il permet aux équipes de design de collaborer depuis n'importe quel navigateur web, téléphone ou tablette.

En savoir plus sur Onshape

The software is updated regularly and new features have enhanced its use and applicability. Great option for small design companies and less costly.

Sometimes features work sometimes not. Selecting content was difficult as well but it could be my device and not the app itself.

Onshape - Notes

Onshape a reçu une note globale de 4,5 étoiles sur 5 d'après 313 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Onshape ?

Murilo
Murilo
Software Engineer (Brésil)
Télécommunications, Auto-entrepreneur

Great software for 3D printers hobbyist

Commentaires : We can find easier tools on the internet like Tinkercad, but Onshape can deliver much more, like a professional and expensive tools can deliver, but you get it for free, you just need to spend a little time learning how to use it, but this time learning is very well paid off.

During this pandemic period I bought a 3D printer and started using it printing mainly already defined and available 3D models on the internet. Then I realized that I could myself produce my own 3D models and I found on Onshape the perfect tool for it. It also has great features that allows you to produce perfect models.

At the beginning Onshape seems complicated to use, but it is not, you just need to watch on Youtube some tutorials to start modeling your own 3D models. Anyway I can not complain about this tool, as the free version delivers what I need and much more.

Benjamin
CAD CAM Engineer and Machinist (É.-U.)
Machines, Auto-entrepreneur

Simply the best 3D manipulation ever

5,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : Everything feels really intuitive when working with the 3D models. I've found that OnShape has every format I need whether it be STL or STEP files. Every time I get a file from a customer that I need to adjust, I can import it into OnShape and it imports without an issue. The time it has saved me over the years is immeasurable. I've recommended it to every First Robotics Team over SolidWorks and they have all loved it too. It's just really easy to use!

Being able to push and pull the edges of the 3D CAD model to manipulate it's shape and have the model automatically adjust all the other features accordingly in real time and with a live preview, like how pulling an edge would affect the connecting radius on the 3D CAD model, was and is light years ahead of anything I have ever used before. I also love the ability of the history tree to be able to go back and adjust a dimension from earlier and have it auto calculate everything moving forward makes it so much faster to get modeling done.

The 2D drawing selection could be improved when creating sketches. Sometimes I want to select all the outer edges of a part and use it in a sketch, but it only gets it right or works about 50% of the time. The other half of the time I need to select each edge manually, or even once I get them selected, for some reason it doesn't let me use it within the sketch.

Samridh
Samridh
Electrical Engineer II (É.-U.)
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 501–1 000 employés

Few Issues but great for Free CAD learning experience

I have been using Onshape for a while and for one of my Senior Graduate class project, I sued Onshape to help new CAD students get some experience as well. It is definitely a very popular online CAD program among many Mechanical Engineering students. It definitely cannot beat Solidworks in terms of ease of use but I would recommend it for following reasons - Its FREE to use Why not get your feet wet into the CAD design world with a tool that is free to use. One can easil get the basics of CAD modeling through this software. - Online Cloud based software We all know anything that is online and cloud based means it can be accessed anywhere if you have access to internet. No need to install huge GB of software on your machine instead just get a high speed internet and get on with the modeling. And yes, it doesn't care if you have a Windows are a Mac so that's a plus. - Features Sketch, Extrude, Hole, Mirror, Chafing anything you need to do for CAD, Onshape has it. It is fast and assembly and mating process is intuitive and works really well. For something that is free, cloud based, online and easily accessible this is one of the best CAD programs I have used and I would recommend it to anyone. Onshape has tons of documentation so learning is fun. For a beginner in CAD Onshape is the way to go.

This software has some cons which is not a dealbreaker bit definitely something to keep an eye out for, - Crashes During my project and online use it did crash on me multiple times. Refreshing the page helped but sometimes I did have to start a new project. - Almost as good as Solidworks but not quite If i were to compare it I would say it is 70% as good as solidworks - Has it's own terminologies Onshape has it's own features and terminologies which one has to be accustomed to. Onshape does provide online lot of documents and vocabularies so if you have time to spend reading that, it is not that bad.

Andrew
CAD Teacher (É.-U.)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 51–200 employés

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

As advertised, Google Docs for 3D design.

Commentaires : Went to Onshape from Autodesk Inventor out of necessity when school switched to remote learning, probably not going to go back. Onshape does nearly everything students would do in Inventor, but they can now access the program anywhere, whereas we only have one computer lab with Inventor. The only thing Inventor has over Onshape is the interactive tutorials that walk students through basic features within the software. Tutorial videos from OnShape aren't really the same, and ability to work offline would also be nice.

When students share their document with me I can view the document history to make sure it was that student who did all the work or keep track of who did what in a group project. I can help students remotely by making live changes to their document regardless of if it is a part studio or an assembly. We can voice or video chat while we both look live at the same document.

There is no way to do contact sets, which can make some assemblies not behave the way I would like. Additional joints can be a work-around in some cases, but not all. A way for parts to interact with each other would be a significant upgrade.

Terran
Terran
Research Assistant (É.-U.)
Recherche, 1 001–5 000 employés

What more could you ask for?

Commentaires : I love Onshape. I now use it exclusively for all my 3D printing projects because of its accessibility. And it's free!

a browser based CAD program? Super convenient! Especially when working on Linux where other software packages are unavailable. I find that Onshape has all the features and functionality I've ever needed, and the best part is I don't have to take up space on my computer with expensive software!

Sometimes the features are a bit tricky to find and use. I often have to google and look through forums to figure out how to accomplish a particular design.

Godwin
Godwin
Additive Manufacturing Engineer (Nigeria)
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 11–50 employés

Amazing Cloud Based CAD Tool

Commentaires : I have designed machine parts in Onshape that went on to be 3D printed.

It is cloud based! The fact that you do not require a high performance computer to use Onshape effectively is a huge win. Allows you to design even on smart mobile devices. Sharing design with others is relatively easy. No risk of crashes. Very easy to learn and use even for someone new to Computer Aided Design. It allows users to use pre-existing parts in their designs or assemblies.

I anticipate the inclusion of 3D sketching capabilities in up coming updates. Yes it requires the internet to use, this doesn't really favour usage in regions where there's no or poor internet connection.

Gerard
Design Engineer (Sr) (Nouvelle-Zélande)
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Onshape review

5,0 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : Product and machine design / improvements / development. I use it as hobby for private design jobs and 3D printing.

Ease of use, mating of components (only one required and very flexible), amazing online tutorials, quick to learn, stability, speed, roll back features, versioning, no expensive hardware is required, free public version available which makes it great for learning and hobby (has some restrictions in high end features like revision management); very nice design configuration options using various tables.

Some weaknesses are under development, being a fairly new system. Like FEA, material imaging, weldments.

hardik
CAD Designer (Inde)
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Essai gratuit

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Impressive!!! Cloud based CAD application

4,0 il y a 9 mois

Commentaires : Versatile, good, agile but little overpriced.Due to its cloud based platform I will definitely think before paying such huge.

Very lite due to its cloud based platform - don't require high configuration systemWorks lag freeversatile tools and capable to create almost all types of shapes

Due to its cloud based platform this works good only with a system having good amount of speed.Feels little expensive for this level technical advancements and tools.Difficult to use in large assemblies and surfacing projects - where its really high in price.

Nick
Owner (Canada)
Automobile, 2–10 employés

Onshape Review

5,0 il y a 6 mois

It really helps with the making of products in the workplace because once you see the product on screen, you can tell if you want to make the product or not

There is nothing to say about Onshape, this is a great tool to use in the work environment and in the classroom

Automatisation industrielle, 1 001–5 000 employés

A really capable browser based cad that excels in collaboration

4,0 il y a 4 mois

Collaboration features and branches of the same design is great and allows great design exploration

Can be slow to upload files. The file structure is not that clear sometimes

Ethan
Founder, Senior Mechanical Engineer (É.-U.)
Produits alimentaires, 2–10 employés

Onshape is a good fit for me and my startup. It was not a good fit when I tried at a larger company.

Commentaires : I think I laid out most of the benefits previously. It's an excellent CAD tool that fits the needs of my startup. In the future, I'm excited to see how the product adapts to a changing market. Are drawings going to continue to be the golden standard of conveying information? If so, I would hope that you continue to develop drawings, as they are less robust than other drawing solutions on the market (SW, AC). If we start to see a larger trend towards model based definition, will that work essentially the same as view only sharing? Machine shops will have a better answer than I do.
One thing I really miss from SW was that my sheet metal vendor had an automatic quoting add-on. I just pushed a few buttons, selected materials and I could shoot a purchase order request out in minutes. I'm curious to see how that kind of automation works its way into the product.
As I've stated, I'm pretty happy with Onshape so far. Even though I have a couple small gripes, the benefit of knowing that I'm working with tools that I expect to endure better than 'traditional' CAD tools offers me enough peace of mind that we're willing to put up with a decent amount of frustration along they way if it comes.

I really love how fast I can put my assemblies together with fasten mates. I really love not having to fix broken relations, or deal with other horrible manifestations of Dassault Enterprise PDM. Having a git-like structure has a learning curve, but it much easier to manage. In Onshape, things generally behave the way I expect them to. This may seem a little straightforward, but it's amazing how frequently this isn't the case, even with historied, expensive, enterprise software. I love how often I get to see a preview of my document as a model and not just a file name. I love the idea (I don't get a lot of opportunity to use this feature, yet) of being able to share a model in view only mode to anyone. I use the android app on my Pixel XL, and it runs really amazingly well, which is super convenient for those days in the shop I want to check a measurement, but don't want to print and bring drawings (mostly days I waterjet parts and need to do a small amount of post processing).

Needing to have internet access when I use it! Sometimes I just have a few minutes between here and there, or want to be able to work from a cafe. With software, I can just commit as I go and push when it's convenient. I understand why Onshape needs constant internet access to function, but it's occasionally a pain. Performance has occasionally been an issue. I'm mostly using two different beefy workstation desktops (one linux, one windows, both chrome), and I have high expectations from my time working in Solidworks. Sometimes it just takes longer than I feel like it should to rotate a model or move something that has freedom within an assembly. Very small movements can be a little finicky. Same goes for selection through transparency. The other thing I like least is the pricing model. When I was at a larger startup, we had floating licences of SW that worked really well for us. I tried to work on transitioning the team to Onshape, with one of the promises being that we would be able to save some money along the way. In the end, it would have been significantly more expensive than the floating licence system we were using, which ended up being a surprise. Sure, people can jump on and off month by month, but it's much more of a day to day, and even hour to hour thing with when people need to hop on CAD. I don't know what a better system than you have would be, to be honest, I just know it was a pain point when a larger company I was at looked into transitioning.

Brian
Owner/Designer (Australie)
Matières plastiques, Auto-entrepreneur

As a 3D printing professional I found Onshape delivered everything promised and more.

Commentaires : The ability to design and produce complex 3D printed objects that fit together perfectly.
Also the ability to visualize assemblies and make modifications before they are produced.
I also found it indispensable in producing exploded diagrams and parts catalogues.
Overall the software is an essential tool for product development, from initial concept to finished product.

I gave it 4/5 for ease of use but only because there is an initial learning curve to figure out what all the buttons do. After that, the sky is the limit. The software is Fast, easy to use and once you get the hang of it very intuitive. Complex shapes, such as screw threads, are straight forward to produce. The key is just to know what you want to make, and once you get that clear in your own head, you guide the program to make exactly what you want. As a visual learner I felt fully at home with Onshape. I output my finished designs as STL files and send them directly to my 3D printer. Results are impressive and a great advertisment for 3D printing in general. Would I recommend Onshape to others? absolutely, and if you are thinking about 3D printing do even start without getting Onshape first. My rating 5 star.

No real cons that I can think of, other than the initial learning curve as already mentioned. But that said, Onshape's own documentation and user forums are excellent, so there are no real problems to report. Only improvement I could think of is to suggest you get a 3D connexion mouse to compliment the software and use it to its full potential.

Bill
Director/Engineer/Designer/Inventor (Australie)
Génie mécanique ou industriel, Auto-entrepreneur

The intelligence and insight behind the big picture structure of Onshape is astounding.

Commentaires : Sanity. I'm not kidding. Having the creative process constantly halted by CAD and OS bugs that never get fixed, some for decades was constant. I started using Onshape really seriously while on holiday in the back country of France when a licensee stopped paying their royalty and I had to redesign the product for production. The internet was very slow, but I got all the work done and quotes were all done before I got back home. I had all my files and all I needed to do that work in my MacbookPro, and my holiday was just as enjoyable as normal.

The underlying philosophy and structure allows unprecidented freedom to develop and record creative ideas. Pretty well everything can be captured by the built-in version system, while allowing you to return occasionally to ideas that weren't so bad after all. Support is rapid, even from Australia, and new feature requests get answered - in weeks! The interface is cleaner, more logically grouped and simpler than any CAD I've seen over the last 40 years. It often makes me smile and almost never makes me swear. And that is a delightful reversal of normal for me.

Some commands are hard to find. Searching help through key words can be unhelpful. The feature set is naturally not quite as complete as older CAD systems.

Jason
Chief Engineer (É.-U.)
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 2–10 employés

Onshape changed the way we do design, interact with customers, and saves us quite a bit of money

Commentaires : Flexibility. We can turn licenses on and off as needed, without having to go through painful installation procedures. If we need other capabilities (such as simulation, rendering, or math tools) that Onshape does not have built in, we can add apps that make it even more powerful.

The browser-based nature of Onshape and sharing capabilities are great strengths. We can share designs with infinitely varying levels of permissions from full editing and sharing to view only in anyone's browser. This means that instead of having one person with a clunky laptop during a design review, anyone can bring up the full assemblies and / or piece parts on whatever device they bring...including their phones. One of our customers uses SolidWorks as their design tool and we use our Onshape license to both work on and share designs for viewing that no one would get to look at if they weren't looking over our shoulders at the SolidWorks workstations.

One of the main issues with Onshape is that it depends on a solid internet connection. Early on, we had some internet drop-out issues at different job sites that we have shored up now by getting a better provider and adding a hotspot for portable reliability.

Dirk
Mechanical Engineer (É.-U.)
Cosmétiques, 501–1 000 employés

Onshape is a revelation in the CAD world. Versatile, collaborative, mobile and efficient software.

Commentaires : I can take my CAD information anywhere I need it; from the shop floor to instant access at any time on any device. The level of control over my company's CAD content is best in the industry. The collaboration that Onshape allows makes the design process faster and smoother.

There are so many pros to list. It is profession CAD on mobile devices, it has built-in version control. Onshape is fully cloud-based so you always have access to the most updated files. You can make custom features or modify existing features do particular tasks. Onshape lets multiple people work on the same model at the same time. It uses a reimagined mating system that is completely intuitive for real-world motion. The cost is completely unbeatable. New engineers can start working in minutes without waiting to install CAD software. Onshape support is incredible. They update Onshape very regularly so any suggestions for improvement are implemented more quickly.

There are still a few features that Onshape does not have like weldments and 3D sketching that I would like to see. Sometimes needing an internet connection can be bothersome as well.

Svenolov
Designer (Suède)

30 year mechanical and hydraulik CAD user

I don't need expensive cad hardware and the program is available at any place with internet connection. Onshape can import other cad file format so it is possible for me to cooperate with companies using other Cad programs. Onshape give me as a design consultan possibility to cooperate with other designers I don't have to invest in expensive cad programs. It is easy to present and discuss design development in project groups. The pricing is fair set.

Missing some funktionalities i.e. In my project with rock drill rigs I need to position boom and feed (7 degrees of freedom) to different positions. I hope a nice feature to handle the movement will come. A great benefit for onshape is the ability to transfer files but the recipian must have a license and they are reluctant to invest in a license . A possibility to temporarily give rights on the fly to load files with a free license can be a solution

Tom
Design Engineer (R.-U.)
Meubles, 51–200 employés

Onshape has enabled me to become more efficient and streamlined in the things that I do.

1. I like how this software doesn't tie you down to one machine, so If your primary machine goes down, you don't have to worry whether you can get the work done or not. 2. I like how the software doesn't hold you back based on the spec/type of your computer, plus it is able to perform over multiple platforms and devices, i.e. Mac, Pc, Ipad, Etc. so you can start on a PC for example, then carry on on a PC and visa versa. 3. I like how that you can perform similar/same tasks as Solidworks without the need to spend hours retraining as it is relatively similar. 4. I like how it is reasonably accessible to most people. 5. I like how it can easily integrate with add-ons, i.e. One-render, Keyshot etc. so that you can also render your product, and this can even happen without leaving the Onshape browser!!

By no means am I a CAD pro and I don't use the software on a regular/daily basis, so some of these may be down to my skill and knowledge but; 1. I find the mating functions more difficult to use than other softwares. 1.1. Regarding the mating, other softwares allow you to mate using planes which can make it easier to mate if the centre of the product isn't where the planes meet. 2. I am still getting my head around the version and branch options in the history tree, but I can see how this will/can be beneficial. I think that my negatives can be resolved through watching tutorials, but I guess they are still negatives as they aren't as intuitive/easy to use.

Réponse de l'équipe de PTC

il y a 7 ans

Hi Tom! Thanks so much for your review of Onshape. Have you been able to take advantage of our training offerings yet? I'd be happy to get you registered for one of our Bootcamp courses if you'd be interested! It's a live training for 4 days, 2 hours per day and covers all the essentials of Onshape. Let me know and we can decide which available dates work best for you.

Paul
Mechanical Engineer (É.-U.)
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 2–10 employés

Simple, but Deeply Powerful

Commentaires : Fully featured CAD package that's affordable for small businesses and startups, with > 90% of the features, for a much more reasonable price. Having it on the cloud means I can CAD even from my Chromebook and mobile device, because it isn't limited by the computers specs.

I love not having to constantly email myself files or carry them around on pen drives, with all kinds of stupid "v011_final_real_modified" file names. Even when I used GrabCAD you still had to make sure the latest version was uploaded, but OnShape it's just THERE - I don't need to worry about whether I have the latest version if I'm travelling. The interface is clean, and though simple to get started with when coming from other CAD packages, it has a lot of more powerful features that you can get into with relative ease - FeatureScript and the git-style versioning to name a few. And I'm so done with making sure I have the latest version of whatever, and dealing with license servers and all that nonsense.

App store has increased range of features, but vary highly in quality and ease of use, especially in the creation of common real-world deliverables e.g. CAM & rendering. Minor gripe: not being able to group features and nest sketches under their corresponding features makes the feature tree often feel cluttered.

Brian
CTO (É.-U.)
Impression, 2–10 employés

My experience has been great. Support is awesome. Awesome. Could not be happier.

Commentaires : Too many to name. We are a small shop, this allows us to easily design products and communicate/share them with our vendors. Could not imagine using another product for design - I am an OnShape Evangelist.

One of the greatest features is that I can use my Mac Book Pro with out running a virtual Windows! And the support and constant feature upgrades. I have had several suggestions that have been added in relatively short order. I love that I have a direct link to the developers thru the support system. OnShape is great.

It's hard to have a complaint, by the biggest one I still have is the dimensioning doesn't work well in sketches or parts of the software - but mostly in sketches. When dimensioning in sketches, the dim leader always goes to the center of the line for example. Which then makes it hard to dimension other things to the line, for example, because the leader is "over" the top of half of the line. It really makes it difficult. Sometimes when dimensioning, a point to a line for example, the dim lines jump off a one of the entities and is just in the "air" - and the dim is wrong. It happens often, but is not easily repeatable. But it is a regular issue for me. The only other thing would be the setting up drawing templates are not easy.

joris
lab manager (Pays-Bas)
Recherche, 2–10 employés

Really the first parametric affordable software.

Commentaires : Creating shareable professional 3D model which meets the industry standards

As I work at a FabLab we used to work with open source, free or affordable software. Until a few years ago there was no parametric [and userfriendly] option available. I like the setup/crossover of solidworks and google docs. The non experienced cad user can view and eventually also edit since he gets used to the interface gradually [first share, then change small things and eventually create new things]

sometime it is a bit slow, especially when the models get more complex I sometimes think if stand alone CAD software might be better, but the ease of sharing with 'noobs' is a great pro for us.

Sylvia
Manufacturing Team Lead (É.-U.)
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 11–50 employés

My favorite CAD system right now

Independent of operating system. Nothing to install. Interface is very similar to Solidworks which I got started on. Built in version control is awesome. I use CAD mostly for inspecting models these days, and OnShape is more than sufficient for that. The measurement tools are really convenient. Very affordable and easy to get licensed. iPhone/iPad app is a big plus -- I've done modeling in a coffee shop on a whim while waiting for brunch, how cool is that!

Some step files that open fine as closed body solids in Solidworks would only show up as a set of surfaces in OnShape. Large assemblies are slow.

Owner / product design (É.-U.)
Design, 2–10 employés

1st time CAD user. Steep learning curve for me, but it's a great program, value & customer support.

Commentaires : Got my start on CAD with relatively little hassle!

I love the fact that the program is browser based. It makes is immensely easy for me to switch from my Windows desk top computer at work to my mac lap top at home.

I'd like to see continued improvement in the drawings tools. I still struggle to achieve what ought to be relatively simple functions. I also notice some inconsistency in some functions and I'm not sure why. Example: pulling a dimension from the center point of a radius to another point or line. I often cannot get the program to see the cross hairs of the center, whereas a minute before, it would. Weird.

James
Managing Director (É.-U.)
Enseignement supérieur, 2–10 employés

Onshape is an intuitive, accessible, and increasingly powerful CAD Package.

Commentaires : Ability to collaborate with others and develop products from any device, anywhere in the world.

I like that it provides full functionality for free, and I appreciate that it is easy to use for beginners, but also extremely customizable (using its open FeatureScript language) for us expert users. It doesn't have a typical PDM system, but rather a very intuitive way to compare, branch, and merger different versions of the same design. The ability to collaborate in real time is unbelievable, and allows me to work alongside my clients, which they love. No more waiting for an email update or the new CAD files.

There is no graphics lag, but sometimes, it takes a while to access larger assemblies (couple hundred components). The performance increases each month (as does the global internet bandwidth) but it still loses today in a heads-up speed race against a local CAD program on a high-performance machine.

Donald
Project founder (Canada)
Fabrication électrique/électronique, Auto-entrepreneur

It is an easy to use CAD. I also like the philosophy behind Onshape on how to design.

Commentaires : Easy to use, no storage limits! Being able to use it on different platforms is one great and superior advantage over the competition.

With out a doubt, the fastening features of the 3D assembly. This is what made me love Onshape; it's unarguably the fastest way to assemble a 3D. I like the idea to create different parts in the "part studio tab" as compare to other 3D CADs where you need to create each part in another drawing/sketch, losing sight of what you are doing. Open projects like Openvolta takes most of it advantage with the online collaboration. The benefits of internet and enable to draw on different OS like Linux, it's for me 5 stars. Even an Android tablet takes all it's sens and advantages. And finally, the support his great. I had an issue in the past and Onshape finally resolve it.

It would be nice to have 3D sketching to built a rolled cage chassis for a buggy and a building plumbing, electrical conduits, ventilation ducts, etc. I applaud the initiative of Onshape to give unlimited storage access on the condition that the documents remain public. Open design and technologies project like Openvolta does take the most of its advantage of it. However, for personal and private use, the fee/month is exorbitant especially when your currency is low. I truly believe that there should be a corporate license and an individual license to help this individual.

Albert
Design Engineer (Nouvelle-Zélande)
Génie mécanique ou industriel, Auto-entrepreneur

CAD for the connected age, by people who are themselves connected.

Commentaires : I joined a flexible, responsive community supporting a dynamic product - rather than buy a cold CAD product with a once yearly upgrade. Several of my improvement ideas have been included, thank you for listening Onshape.

Onshape is modern CAD, cloud based, community oriented and supported in the way we expect in the connected era. The product is developing literally by the day. The support staff is responsive and personable. Quite simply, Onshape is lightyears ahead, if not in features (yet), then certainly in heart and soul.

Onshape is not quite as rich in features as more mature offerings, but it is already a fully professional offering and growing in features on at least a monthly basis. Well done Onshape.