Avis clients sur Vertex

Filtrer par :

• Service client

En savoir plus sur Vertex

Vertex Cloud Indirect Tax propose des calculs et des retours dans une solution basée sur le cloud.

En savoir plus sur Vertex

67 avis affichés

Gabriel D.
Gabriel D.
Finance
Biens de consommation, 10 000+ employés
  • Publié le 26/12/2018

"Streamlining tax management"

Commentaires: Vertex does it's job and does it well. It has really helped streamline tax calculations for our accounts and creating tax rules is a breeze. I have not had experience in dealing with Vertex customer service. The software communicates almost instantaneously with our ERP which allows order processing to flow without delay.

Avantages: Vertex does a great job of calculating tax rates for my company's account and implementing tax rules. We are sitting on 100,000+ accounts in our system. Vertex calculates tax rates based on jurisdiction for each one. It means allowing your ERP system to communicate with Vertex, and vice versa. In order to calculate special rates, such as a reduced California rate, you need to enter a tax rule to deduct the specific rate. Each account receives its own rule.

Inconvénients: The UI is quite dated in my opinion. It's a straight forward software, meant for business applications. There are other software that present a much more modern look. The dated UI doesn't affect performance though. It would be nice if there was an option to store tax certs in the database as well, like Avalara CertCapture.

• Publié le 26/12/2018
Rebecca R.
Senior Systems Specialist
201-500 employés
  • Publié le 28/02/2018

"Very positive overall experience with Vertex for over 10 years"

Avantages: The customer support and ease of use has been fantastic. I have had to call Vertex for support, for recommendations on doing things and for knowledge on the product. Every single person I have spoke to has been knowledgeable, friendly and quick in getting me answers. It is truly a pleasure to call support.
The system is fairly user friendly and even when I forget how to do something, it is like riding a bike, it just comes back to you naturally as you navigate through the menus. The system is set up so that you can do most things without looking through documentation. And the things I couldn't figure out? Vertex client support was right there to lend a hand when I needed it. We also did a migration from Vertex Q to Vertex O about a year and a half ago and the process was so easy. I wish all product upgrades/migrations were that simple. Very stress-free. So far, I've seen the same type of satisfaction from O that I saw with Q, which was a very positive experience.

Inconvénients: There honestly is not much that I have found that I have not liked. There are sometimes outages, since we are using a cloud based product, and those do cause some orders to go through without the correct taxes being charged. If we could have less outages, or perhaps more notice when there is going to be an outage, then the product really would be perfection. It has gotten better since we first went live and they are less frequent and we do receive more notice when they know there is a repair/update needed. However, that being said, we have never had any issues when they have done upgrades, no problems noticed at all. Possibly, the outages could be more system update or hardware related.

Toni V.
Tax Accountant
Semi-conducteurs, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 28/09/2021

"Good product"

Commentaires: Overall I do like the product. It has so many great features that make filing returns easier. I can mostly rely on what is on the return I print out from Vertex.

Avantages: I have used Vertex for 10+ years. Whenever I have an issue all I have to do is call and customer service is always there to help fix my issue. The representatives are always kind and helpful. They follow through to make sure I am happy with the product and my issues are resolved.

Inconvénients: Sometimes the critical changes come out after I finish filing my returns resulting in a possible problem with the return. Not so happy when that happens.

• Publié le 28/09/2021
Zoilo P.
Sr Staff Accountant
Événementiel, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 22/08/2018

"Vertex Tax Engine Review"

Commentaires: The Vertex program is sophisticated enough to eliminate a great deal of worry in tax application and keeping up with rate changes. Overall the software is extremely useful for a large corporation such the company I work for, however there are some nuanced tax applications that could be addressed.

Avantages: The ability to make specific tax rules that apply to my company's specific industry or transactional situation. Also the ability to not have to worry about tax application in state's with a stratified tax rate being incorrect because of the automation of the Vertex tax engine.

Inconvénients: The fact that the tax categories are not as nuanced as they could be, with options for different transactional scenarios that may affect taxability. Also the fact that one or two types is missing, such as the Service Contractor tax in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Joanne D.
Sales Tax Specialist
Vente en gros, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 01/03/2018

"We use this for research along with reporting, billing and exemption maintenance."

Commentaires: Sales tax has a lot of little variances across the states, across industries and cross products. The product supports all our changes and updates in a constantly changing market. I have a lot of confidence that this software allows us to consistently bill our customers correctly. Even when there are customers out of city limits getting billed otherwise, we can send the issue to the support team and they research and provide a solution in a very timely fashion. Granted there is not always a solution but that is communicated well.

Avantages: We are able to test various scenarios as we expand our product lines and add states. Designing a report that meets your exact needs is helpful when completing returns and the exemption records are neatly stored and easily accessed.

Inconvénients: Adding customers and their certificates can be time consuming since the advanced selection tool now pulls up everything then lets you request a specific account to add to. There is also a lot of date sensitivity that blocks things versus 6.0 which just let it go. Updates to the software are making both of these issues more pronounced.

Christopher D.
Christopher D.
Owner/Senior Technician
Services et technologies de l'information, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 01/04/2019

"Best software for sales tax and maangement without the overhead"

Commentaires: We were able to get rid of our expensive hosted server solution and the maintenance that came with it. Being able to access Vertex data from anywhere in the world made our team more productive across the board.

Avantages: The best part of the cloud was not having to have a dedicated remote server for all our software. The old Vertex ran but required constant maintenance, monthly updates, SQL knowledge. With the cloud, no longer do you worry about down times, corrupted databases and the like. The Vertex team is very helpful from the moment you buy the software. Our support rep spent hours with us configuring everyhting out of the box to our exact specifications

Inconvénients: The cost of the software is pretty immense since you're pretty much renting a server
Hold times can be a bit long in the customer support queue
SaaS so once you stop paying, you lose access the software and any data if not backed up.

• Publié le 01/04/2019
Annelies C.
Global IT manager Finance Business Systems
Génie mécanique ou industriel
  • Publié le 01/03/2018

"Great product, no issues with incorrect rates. However, continued issues with invalid TAID"

Commentaires: Correct sales and use tax calculation for US and Canada.

Avantages: Smooth integration with SAP (however, not clear on which fields are exchanged), correct rate calculation.

Inconvénients: Logs are as good as unusable when you have large transaction volumes, so figuring out why something happens is a nightmare. Continued issues with invalid TAID (jurisdiction codes in SAP), we update as soon as files come out and still have many customers that requires manual updates. We have been working with support for a long time and still not a good solution. Very frustrating. Configuration in the config files on the server is not userfriendly at all. Very hard to figure out what all we have set up. Would be much better if it could sit in the Vertex O webtool. Better visibility of exemption certificates in the ERP system would be a big plus for a direct marketing company like ours.

Raynetta J.
Asst Contoller
Automobile, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 23/08/2018

"O Series has enabled us to expand into additional states with ease"

Commentaires: Before Vertex O Series, our sales tax filing process was mostly manual, gathering data and using spreadsheets to create the returns. We have tripled our tax filing jurisdictions since going on O Series and would not have been able to keep up with our growing business without Vertex. The technical support team has helped us when setting up unusual tax rules that do not come standard with the software.

Avantages: O Series makes it easy to add new states to the system for collecting sales tax. Most tasks are performed on user-friendly screens and a transaction tester is provided to test updates made to O Series.

Inconvénients: Not all of the charges we bill our customers have tax rules set up in O Series so we have to create our own rules for mapping and update the rules as tax laws change.

Mike B.
Mike B.
IT Manager - Manufacturing Operations
Construction, 1 001-5 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 01/03/2018

"Great tool, but internally we needed MUCH better requirements gathering in hindsight."

Commentaires: From an IT perspective, none honestly. It is a maintenance and support nightmare. However, in all fairness to Vertex, I feel this can be mostly if not completely attributed to our internal lack of sufficient requirements gathering before implementation.

Avantages: The potential tax savings and benefits it can uncover. As well as the gaps it has helped identify in some of our processes.

Inconvénients: The cumbersome cloning and configurations requirements have proved to be especially difficult or time consuming throughout the process.

Rebecca S.
Rebecca S.
Sales Tax Supervisor
Vente au détail, 501-1 000 employés

"Great!"

Commentaires: Customer services is good.

Avantages: Reliability of the software, I can count on the fact that its right.

Inconvénients: Trying to find things but luckily I can call and they will either send it to me or point me in the direction.

Shambhu K.
oracle Apps DBA
Services financiers, 1 001-5 000 employés

"Vertex O series"

Commentaires: I am supporting vertex O series from last 2.5 years and i feel its very easy to use.

Avantages: We are using Vertex O series 6.0 & 7.0 version and its simply to use and all the materials are self explanatory.
Monthly updates are on time and easy to upload them to application.
Haven't see any bug with these updates.
All the updates are very well tested, so we don;'t see much issues while supporting this application.
UI is getting better and better.

Inconvénients: I pretty much liked the software, I didnt find any cons, let you know if i find any.
Customer support is not proactive and they are not responding on time for SEV 1 issues, Customer care response time should be looked upon.

Vice President
Services et technologies de l'information, 10 000+ employés
  • Publié le 23/07/2019

"Must have product for Large enterprise"

Commentaires: Great experience overall for a large enterprise in automating the tax engine seamlessly, the O series has been more comprehensive than the past series.

Avantages: Great piece of tax software for SAP users
Very seamlessly use across the board
Updated are great
Saves tons of time and money on audit and overall efficiencies

Inconvénients: More global support
Support for all types of taxes across the globe so large enterprises have on tax solution

Réponse de l'éditeur

envoyé par Vertex le 26/07/2019

Dear Vertex O Series Customer,

Everyone at Vertex appreciates it when a customer takes the extra time to write such a great review! Thank you for providing your feedback of Vertex O Series on Capterra.

Jen Armstrong

Tax Manager
Vente au détail, 1 001-5 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
  • Publié le 25/01/2018

"Vertex cloud is very accurate and easy to use for small to medium size businesses."

Commentaires: accurate tax calculations, low cost of ownership, easy to learn

Avantages: The value for the money spent makes this solution a wise investment. There is no server maintenance or monthly tax rate update files to be applied. The application can accommodate customer and product level taxability decisions.

Inconvénients: The features and functionality of the cloud product vs. O-series are very different. There are very few customizations/configuration changes that can be done following implementation that do not involve additional developer cost. The processing time to save a customer exemption certificate is excessive. Heavy users of this application will find this very frustrating. Customer support is also very different from O-series in that the communication is via e-mail and the response time is often much slower with support reps being less knowledgeable about the application and its functionality.

• Publié le 25/01/2018
Greg G.
Systems Analyst
  • Publié le 01/03/2018

"Vertex O Series is an easy to use, simple to maintain system for tax determination & calculation"

Avantages: The system is extremely flexible when it comes to setting up drivers to determine tax ability. A tool is provided to test your calculations without having to post a transaction through your main transactional system. Keeping the system up to date with the latest tax matrices is as easy as it is to upload a picture to social media.

Inconvénients: The only minus is that the master data in our ERP system sometimes has to be updated for new tax jurisdictions. We need to look into a background job that touches this master data after Vertex is updated.

Amy N.
Tax Manager
Vente au détail, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 22/08/2018

"O-Series - great for multi-state nexus retailers"

Commentaires: O-series is a very robust product. Very user friendly and intuitive. Allows for easy customization of customer taxing, taxpayer set up and product taxing attributes. Very accurate tax rates, easy to maintain and integrate with most accounting platforms.

Avantages: The application is highly customizable using user-defined tax rules in combination with the out of the box rates and tax driver matrixes.

Inconvénients: The support is sometimes slow to respond and does not always find a solution to the problems that you may encounter leaving some of the troubleshooting to your internal IT department.

June T.
Sales Tax Analyst
Vente en gros, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 28/02/2018

"Always good response from"

Commentaires: It makes my job much easier as I know I can rely on the best calculations out there. I don't have to worry about whether the rates are current.

Avantages: The accuracy of the calculations makes this a terrific tool, especially when preparing for audits. The states are hungry for funds and Vertex helps me send them away with little to no money.

Inconvénients: Not being able to use the tab key thru each field makes the program more difficult to use. Also it would help if I was able to add the tax certs when I add the customer.

Gerald M.
Manager-Sales/Use Tax
Matériaux de construction, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 28/02/2018

"Use almost daily to check exemption certificate status and/or pull data extracts"

Commentaires: ease of obtaining data, simplicity of inputting exemption certificates, use of plain addresses to obtain jurisdiction and tax information, ability to test transactions to determine if tax is charged correctly

Avantages: easy to get tax jurisdiction information, tax rates, validate exemption certificates, data retrieval, set up taxability mapping

Inconvénients: creating rules; obtaining data extracts without getting extraneous data, setting up customized taxability categories; reviewing tax mapping to categories and products

Venkat A.
Senior Application Analyst
Produits alimentaires, 5 001-10 000 employés

"Vertex O Series"

Avantages: I like about the updates that go in to every patch monthly which we least bother about the Tax changes across global.
We operate globally and this is the best I feel about.

Inconvénients: It is difficult to use and the main is search does not work as intended and backspace. There are some forms where these two mentioned don't work and highly difficult in terms of usage. Thanks,
venkat

Paul S.
Tax Clerk
Vente au détail, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 20/11/2018

"Vertex shines in the Reports"

Commentaires: Easy of filing is a plus.
Setting up custom tax categories has helped

Avantages: The Tax reports/Returns are mostly spot on.
I work on 220 returns which Vertex tracks, once I understood the States layouts and how well Vertex matches each, filing has become very easy

Inconvénients: Credits are always hard to track. Sometimes Vertex applies a credit and the State does not handle the credit the same way.
Manual adjustment to the tax records which the tax returns calculate from are confusing
Being able to "void" test data would be a plus.

• Publié le 20/11/2018
Lee M.
Credit Manager North America

"Meet my expectation."

Avantages: Currently meeting our needs for our tax service but we are exploring adding other regions. I have nothing further to add other then my first statement.

Inconvénients: This does not happen often but sometime trying to find the answer without having to contact Customer Support. I have nothing further to add other then my first statement.

Graham S.
mgr
Sécurité et enquêtes, 51-200 employés

"Generally excellent"

Commentaires: Monthly accrual and tax returns

Avantages: adaptability, web service ease of use is a great time saver for one off transaction input and testing.

Inconvénients: Data update process - significant work needs be done to speed the updates re sql server. the approach used seems inefficient. Error logging levels re address cleansing failures are cryptic at best.

Brian L.
VP, IT
  • Publié le 02/03/2018

"We have used Vertex for over a decade. Very solid product and great support - in the unlikely event"

Commentaires: Big gains in the efficiency of managing sales tax - from the calculation on the order to the filing of returns. We were able to reduce the time required from technical team in supporting since most admin can be handles by the functional group.

Avantages: The application administration is built for the functional users - very little support required from a technical standpoint.

Director, Indirect Tax
Services à la personne et aux familles
  • Publié le 28/02/2018

"Great Experience, highly recommended."

Avantages: Vertex is always willing to help out, whether's it a simple question on software functionality or a more indepth question on TaxAreaIDs - they're always quick w/ a response.

Inconvénients: Vertex could do a better job of communicating their road map for the On-Demand instance as well as the upgrade schedules.

Roger L.
Sales & Use Tax Manager
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 5 001-10 000 employés

"Vertex Review"

Commentaires: We use Vertex for sales, use and returns processing. All three have performed very well.

Avantages: Vertex performs well and is reliable for most of the transactions we use.

Inconvénients: Customer support can be slow and solutions are not always satisfactory. Wish there was better interaction design for manufacturing purchases.

Angie B.
ERP Coordinator
  • Publié le 09/04/2018

"We use vertex with our ERP system for the tax table updates."

Avantages: Vertex stays up to date with the code from our ERP system. It is a rarity that the tax table and our code for ERP system is not in sync and issues need to be filed.

Inconvénients: Not much I don't like about vertex. The customer support is great and knowledgeable about the software.

• Publié le 09/04/2018