Not recommended

Harold M.
Informatique et sécurité réseau, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Again, I like the concept and the thought behind the product but would consider it too unstable for business use. The good thing is that the repair process works, the bad is that you have to do it so often. For a product that has so many nice features for efficiency, to have the conversation thread backwards so that for each email you have to page down to find the last response is hard to understand why they did that. They seem to be confused between a texting program that shows the most recent at the bottom (but also opens at the bottom so the most recent is where it opens) and an email client where the most recent is normally at the top so you see the response immediately.
These items make this program an also run that I will be keeping an eye on because I really like the design and if they get them resolved then it will be one of my favorites. But still cannot be recommended at this time.

Avantages: The concept and design of the program is excellent. At least in theory it is well thought out and has several useful features. I particularly like the ability to click on an email and see on the right side the contact information as well as every email to and from that person as well as every attachment sent and received. This is a huge feature for me. The ability to quickly generate a task from an email or create a calendar event is also really nice. Unlike some other reviewers, I found the tech support to be reasonable. Then again, I am a computer expert and provide expert testimony on computer systems and software for court purposes and so had very few issues with setup.

Inconvénients: Although I like the design of the software, I could never recommend it for use in a business. I view it more as a curiosity for personal use. The primary reason is that in the five weeks I have used the software there have been multiple instances of being unable to read email or the software attempted to display an attachment inline and so it just looked like garbage. Each time I contacted tech support and the fix was the same... either rebuild the software account or delete it and create it again. Luckily I was using IMAP so it was not an issue deleting and recreating the accounts. So, I used it five weeks and rebuilt or deleted and recreated email accounts seven times. This is a big issue. Another problem is the very strange an unusual way they display an email conversation. I wrote to tech support about this and they indicated that it is the way it is supposed to work and the way that all email clients work. Uh, no. I have not seen any other email client that displays your email conversation starting with the oldest email and continuing down to the most recent. I understand that is the way a conversation occurs and you can read it from the beginning to the end but in reality I do not know anyone who wants to open their email and page down multiple times to find the person's response. I want to see the response when I open the email. If I need to see the prior email they are responding to then I will scroll down and see that one.

With a fresh, clean look, this email client is the best I've used in a long time!

Publié le 27/03/2018
Ben W.
Graphic and Web Designer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: eM Client has proved to be much more efficient by eliminating the chaos and stress of an unorganized email collection. It is so much easier to manage emails when they look good!

Avantages: The clean and simple user interface makes it easier than ever to maintain an organized email system. When viewing an email, eM Client has a handy Contact Details sidebar with other emails between you and that contact allowing you to refer back to past conversations without flipping back and forth through the inbox and sent folders. It also has the ability to keep conversations stacked in the same list item similar to how text messages are organized on a smartphone. This was a huge selling point for me as I often get lost easily between complicated email threads in other clients. Another huge bonus that makes eM Client a favorite of mine is the amount of options you have to play with. Some users might find this overwhelming or confusing but I'm a huge fan of the ability to change things like the theme, font, font size and spacing, which buttons to display, etc.

Inconvénients: Having transferred from Mozilla Thunderbird, there are still a few quirks like how it sorts Junk mail and the fact that I have two inherited junk folders and it's unclear which is being used for what. There also doesn't seem to be an automatic junk filter like other clients have but, on the other hand, this means I never miss anything due to the client marking it as spam and never to be seen again. In the detailed email list view (multiple columns), you have the ability to change which columns are visible and in which order, etc. However, this only effects the current folder and all other folders have to be adjusted independently. It would be nice if similar folder types shared the same column views to be consistent across all folders. As far as sorting goes, you have the option to flag emails or apply a color-coded category. When a category is applied, you have the option to make the text of the email change to the color of the category but when the email is active or highlighted, the color changes to the default black making it impossible to know what category the email falls under while you are viewing it. In my opinion, this almost defeats the purpose of categorizing email conversations since you are unable to search via category.

My preferred email client for desktop

Publié le 04/08/2019
Sergio O.
Sales
Développement et commerce international, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I'm very happy with emclient. It's the only desktop platform I found that made me change from browser mail platform to desktop platform again.

Avantages: It's the best email client I could find. It's clean, simple, easy to use, full of features included. Feels clean and smooth to use. I can use many email accounts in the same platform as if they were just one.

Inconvénients: Nothing at all. I like all aspects of the browser, I can't tell of something I don't like by now. Maybe an option to send recurrent emails would be great, and even greater: an option to automate follow up emails until a reply is received.

Tried to get support and was ignored

Publié le 25/04/2018
Rebeca R.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The software itself is good until you have a problem with it and need support. It's functional and easy to set up.

Inconvénients: The customer support is non existent. They are in another time zone which totally clashes with American time zones, so they expect you to be on your computer at 5 in the morning to get help. When I complained about it, they ignored me completely and now my tickets will go unanswered.

Réponse de l'éditeur

envoyé par eM Client le 27/04/2018

Hello Rebeca, so far our support is located in Europe only, but we are trying hard to help every our customer from opposite time zones, even during our night hours, and even if they need remote assistance. Another remote assistance session with you is planned for today, 9 AM your time, so I believe this time everything will be all right.

Thank you, Peter.

Great email, calendar, contacts, and task manager.

Publié le 26/06/2018
James G.
Behavioral Medicine Research Consultant
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It has completely replaced MS Outlook. I use it multiple times a day for all my email, calendar, contacts, and task management functions.

Avantages: Synchronizes well with Google email and calendar. Easy to use layout with all of the features I want in a combination email, calendar, contacts manager. Pulls up email correspondence chain in separate view. I can customize views, categories, themes, etc.

Inconvénients: Does not have a corresponding Android version. The contacts sync has sometimes resulted in duplicate entries. There is a duplicates tool to remove duplicates but it would be nice to have an easier to use merge contacts function added.

Excellent e-mail program

Publié le 11/07/2018
Jan R.
Réseaux informatiques, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Being able to use a E-mail program that is not Internet based. It's a stand alone program which I prefer.

Avantages: I started using eM Client last December when I got my new computer. Sadly enough, Windows Live Email was no longer supported. After doing some research I found this e-mail program to be the best and fit my needs. It allows you to have to e-mail addresses for free. Quite easy to use and set up. Takes some getting used to, but very professional so I can use it for my business needs as well as personal.

Inconvénients: If you don't pay to upgrade it will not always have the latest updates available. I haven't noticed much of a problem with this though. When you first set it up you must follow the instructions properly to convert all your old e-mail addresses and messages. Took me a couple times to get it right.

eM Client has been a useful and easy to use program to keep all of my emails in order.

Publié le 23/07/2018
Construction Administrator
Construction, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The benefit is that I can keep all my jobs separate and manage them all at the same time. We work on 10-20 jobs at a time and this software has helped me keep organized and records of everything for those jobs.

Avantages: eM Client is very straightforward and easy to use. It is what I like most about this program. I had never used it before this, but within an hour I felt like I had been using it for years. While it does lack the bells and whistles of other email software, it is for that reason that the ease of use is so good.

Inconvénients: I don't really have many cons for this software, but it does lack in overall appearance. The other email software's that I use are easy on the eyes and look aesthetically pleasing. This is not really a con, but more of a personal preference for myself.

A Great Fully Featured Email Client

Publié le 16/04/2019
Médias en ligne, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's been great. No problems, easy to use, great layout and I use it for hours each day.

Avantages: s a lot of features built into it, from mail to calendar, tasks and contact management, this has been a great solution for me. It is an ideal alternative to Outlook. It works well, is easy to set up with multiple email accounts from all sorts of providers. I also love the layout options available and having the dark layout is great too.

Inconvénients: Nothing really, it all works as it should and there hasn't been any problems or things that I thought could be better, for me it is a solid piece of software.

I have really benefited from this software because I have to monitor several inboxes.

Publié le 27/06/2017
Diane H.
Procurement
Génie mécanique ou industriel, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I feel at ease that emails are being monitored in a timely matter.

Avantages: I love that I can monitor several email accounts without having to juggle multiple browser tabs. Using eM Client everything is in one central location. It's very easy to navigate and helps keep me very organized.

Inconvénients: I don't have a major con but I do think there may be future updates to this software because I manage a lot of emails and it seems to work better when I keep the emails at a minimum.

Réponse de l'éditeur

envoyé par eM Client le 28/06/2017

Hello Diane, thank you for your positive review, we are glad that you like eM Client. Of course, we are constantly developing and updating it, for example now in version 7.1 we have added a simple way how to sign and encrypt your messages via PGP.

Anyway, if you have any troubles, please don't hesitate contact our online support.

Thanks, Peter from eM Client

eM Client provides ease of use and multiple features.

Publié le 20/04/2018
Richard S.
Logiciels, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: An easy to use email client for seniors.

Avantages: The biggest thing I liked is it easily migrated Windows Live Mail. I am an IT consultant that was looking for a replacement for Windows Live Mail. eM Client's interface is fairly simple but powerful. Couple that with most of my clients qualify to use it for free and you have a great Windows Live Mail replacement.

Inconvénients: Sometimes the free license seems to "get lost" and has to be entered again. Without even the free license, the software will not communicate with email servers. Another glitch seems to be that recently one of the rep of eM Client sent out emails to many of my customers claiming they were not using the software for personal use. At first, I assumed it was a scam but it was legitimate. All of the customers that use this software are retired and are not using it for commercial purposes. I do not know if this is an attempt to have them pay for it even though they are abiding by the terms of the free use.

Excellent Email Client

Publié le 09/03/2018
Senior Terminal Supervisor
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great way to keep track of my email and contacts.

Avantages: eM Client is one of the best email clients on the market, your search for an email is completed. eM Client works perfectly with eg. Gmail where you can sync email, calendar, contacts and tasks without any hassle.

Inconvénients: It would be great if eM Client could save information directly to eg OneNote or Google Keep the same way as Microsoft Outlook can do.

eM client best alternative

Publié le 02/05/2019
Software Developer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall paying customer will not rate it excellent as it has still got sync issues. User interface can be modernized. Html features can be improved like merging options.

Avantages: It provides some great features like syncing with mail services. It was easy to set up and have good display and themes. Free license for use is great anong other main features.

Inconvénients: Calender features are somewhat looks like missing which can be added. Synchronization is slow sometimes and takes time to load emails. Merging cells option seems to be non supported which is major lack in the software.

Easy to Use Alternative to Expensive Mail Clients

Publié le 29/04/2019
Development Strategy Coordinator
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: A great email client with a quick-and-dirty setup for basic needs.

Avantages: eM Client was easy to set up and synced with most mail services with no problems.

Inconvénients: Calendar features could use some work. Some advanced calendaring features (resources) a bit clunky or non-existent.

eM Client - A perfect software

Publié le 31/03/2019
Associate Group Lead
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I hope that the developers will take care of these things and we will get these done in upcoming upgrades.

Avantages: It's an awesome software and is used in many organizations.
Its interface is very good.
Emails can be written in a good manner.
Different platform than Microsoft Outlook.
Colors used in product are perfect.

Inconvénients: As this software is having different interface than outlook, its not an easy to use.
Sometimes emails having large size attachments takes much time to load.
If a user is viewing an email written from outlook doesn't look good because of the interface.

Easier Than Expected

Publié le 12/01/2018
Osama H.
Transport routier/ferroviaire, 13-50 employés

Commentaires: Light, Free, Easy integration with Gmail

Avantages: The eM Client is very easy, light, and the best to do the job! I'm being using it for more than a year now and it's very helpful to me and to my colleagues at the company. Integrating it with the Gmail server and using it for the email and calendar management.

Inconvénients: Hope to have the "Re-Call Email" feature! This is the only feature missing white using the software!

Perfect for low budget

Publié le 15/04/2019
Tanish B.
Quality Analyst
Services et technologies de l'information, 1 001-5 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: We have been using this software in our organisation from a while. It covers all the basic functionalities and it's user interface is quite simple to operate.

Inconvénients: I haven't encountered any major issue till now. It works fine for me.

Awesome Full Featured Email Client

Publié le 18/12/2018
Kelsey B.
Firefighter/IT Support
Politique publique, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: EmClient is probably the best email client I have ever used. Aside from coming with a free license for use with one email account, the software has most of the features that are available in the expensive, mainstream software packages. Contact management, calendars that sync with most platforms, and the best email composing/editing features around are what make this software the best.

Inconvénients: Sometimes the software lags, and becomes unresponsive, but that doesn't happen very often. Aside from that, the software is amazing.

Alternative to MS Outlook on desktop

Publié le 03/04/2019
Marketing and Operations Director
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall happy paying client, but would like that they develop more features to match and pass Outlook features.

Avantages: Easy setup of our Google Accounts and the simplicity in some cases.

Inconvénients: The features to catch up with Outlook is slow and makes you wish you still had Outlook no eM Client App for my phone and have to use Outlook on my phone.
The features are hidden or non existed when composing an e-mail.

Dependable

Publié le 12/12/2018
Andy H.
Administrator
Gestion de l'enseignement, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This email client has come a long way. I use it daily and it is a big help for me at my job.

Avantages: I am able to set up multiple email accounts.

Inconvénients: It was giving errors randomly, but this seems to have been fixed with last update

It's a nice display but with not much functionality

Publié le 24/04/2018
Morris S.
Officer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I wanted Microsoft outlook but also something else, and plane gmail or yahoo wasn't so satisfied so this helped me a lot.

Avantages: It's a really nice display along with many settings to the view of the emails and reminders, tasks and much more.

Inconvénients: Well, the functionality of the program is quite poor as opposed to others in the same feeled, Auto caps is not served at all!

Best free email client for Gmail

Publié le 19/09/2018
Fouad E.
Founder and COO
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The full integration of the client with Gmail emails, calendar, contacts

Inconvénients: The user interface is rigid and needs to be eenewed/modernized

Best email partner in a mile

Publié le 13/12/2018
Marketing, BD and Customer Experience Manager
Énergies renouvelables et environnement, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I love it nonetheless, my email partner

Avantages: The way it runs rules is just amazing, I have sorted my inbox to every key person in our organisation and I dont miss any new notification

Inconvénients: I hate that it has no task manager and the calendar integration is borderline pathetic

Em client pros and cons

Publié le 24/04/2019
Shubham S.
Associate Business Analyst
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The best thing is it synchronize very nicely with g mail and outlook. Recently our organisation switched to Em Clint and it fetched the whole data with all the folders without any loss. Other than that it is simple to use and understand.

Inconvénients: Some times during sync it creates duplicate entries as well other than that they need to improve their user interface and customer services.

eM Client best mail client around!

Publié le 09/08/2018
Pablo G.
Recruiter
Internet, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I solve all my mailing business problems of many of my companies and organizations with ease, responding and with a very organized interface.

Avantages: Clean Interface, easy of use, multi account, soft and nice notifications, excellent spam filters.

Inconvénients: Auto updates should be automatic and faster, free version can only have up to two accounts.

Decent but not awesome

Publié le 21/04/2019
Yamini S.
Associate Software Engineer
Services et technologies de l'information, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: eM Client satisfies my basic mailing needs. Good for small businesses and personal use. Can be easily synchronized with Outlook account.

Inconvénients: Not as good as Outlook because I was used to it since 2 years. Saved emails do not show the pasted screenshots on them.