Avis clients sur eM Client

Filtrer par :

• Service client

En savoir plus sur eM Client

eM Client est un client de messagerie complet avec une interface moderne et facile à utiliser qui intègre un calendrier, des tâches, des contacts et une messagerie instantanée.

En savoir plus sur eM Client

106 avis affichés

Evan G.
Evan G.
Chair of Trustees
Psychologie, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 16/02/2021

"eM Client - good email client for small office"

Commentaires: Our overall experience with eM Client is very positive. I would be happy to recommend it to any one looking for a good, reliable, traditional email client that is cheaper than Outlook. In fact, I like it better than Outlook anyway and though we now have Office 365 inc Outlook I have no intention of moving from eM Client.

Avantages: One of our users has a strong aversion to webmail. eM Client is a good option for a traditional email client. Very much cheaper than Outlook but looks and feels familiar so is easy to use. We move to eM Client from Thunderbird and like the integration of eM Client with Google Contacts very helpful.

Inconvénients: No particular issues. It's cheaper than Outlook but competes more with free clients so it would be nice of eM Client were cheaper than it is, but can't really complain as it doesn't cost much, is regularly updated and has given good, reliable service over many years.

• Publié le 16/02/2021
John W.
Co-owner / Operator
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 12/10/2019

"Good basic email client program (used with MS Outlook Live)"

Commentaires: It's super-easy to setup, works well and has a clean interface. The developers keep it updated. It does all the simple things we need an email and calender/scheduling client to do.

Avantages: It's simple and the free version is good for our purposes. It is so much easier than having to log into MS Outlook everytime I want to check email. Between my wife and my self we have 4 online freemail Outlook accounts. One of them is for our business which is the most important and highly used. We have a quick and easy view of all for accounts in on window. You can prioritize accounts since uou may want to be notified for some accounts over others when email arrives. Integration is solid with Outlook Live.

Inconvénients: Sometimes the program does not update right away when opening. There are also time you have to click on the folder to see how many emails are in it. It should show this automatically without having to do anyhting. I'm not sure if this is how it operates for everyone or if it's my particular setup. I also wish they had more themes for the free version but this is hardly a big issue.

• Publié le 12/10/2019
Armando I.
Armando I.
Network Manager
Réseaux informatiques, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 23/09/2021

"Stable and agile Communications Suite"

Commentaires: With emClient I can perform all the tasks of the company in one place, find contacts and manage emails with calendars at no cost.

Avantages: It integrates all the basic needs to configure email accounts, calendars and company contacts. Simple and fast.

Inconvénients: The backup system can get a bit tedious but it does the job. Importing from other solutions can be slow.

• Publié le 23/09/2021
Harold M.
Informatique et sécurité réseau, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 20/05/2019

"Not recommended"

Commentaires: Again, I like the concept and the thought behind the product but would consider it too unstable for business use. The good thing is that the repair process works, the bad is that you have to do it so often. For a product that has so many nice features for efficiency, to have the conversation thread backwards so that for each email you have to page down to find the last response is hard to understand why they did that. They seem to be confused between a texting program that shows the most recent at the bottom (but also opens at the bottom so the most recent is where it opens) and an email client where the most recent is normally at the top so you see the response immediately.
These items make this program an also run that I will be keeping an eye on because I really like the design and if they get them resolved then it will be one of my favorites. But still cannot be recommended at this time.

Avantages: The concept and design of the program is excellent. At least in theory it is well thought out and has several useful features. I particularly like the ability to click on an email and see on the right side the contact information as well as every email to and from that person as well as every attachment sent and received. This is a huge feature for me. The ability to quickly generate a task from an email or create a calendar event is also really nice. Unlike some other reviewers, I found the tech support to be reasonable. Then again, I am a computer expert and provide expert testimony on computer systems and software for court purposes and so had very few issues with setup.

Inconvénients: Although I like the design of the software, I could never recommend it for use in a business. I view it more as a curiosity for personal use. The primary reason is that in the five weeks I have used the software there have been multiple instances of being unable to read email or the software attempted to display an attachment inline and so it just looked like garbage. Each time I contacted tech support and the fix was the same... either rebuild the software account or delete it and create it again. Luckily I was using IMAP so it was not an issue deleting and recreating the accounts. So, I used it five weeks and rebuilt or deleted and recreated email accounts seven times. This is a big issue. Another problem is the very strange an unusual way they display an email conversation. I wrote to tech support about this and they indicated that it is the way it is supposed to work and the way that all email clients work. Uh, no. I have not seen any other email client that displays your email conversation starting with the oldest email and continuing down to the most recent. I understand that is the way a conversation occurs and you can read it from the beginning to the end but in reality I do not know anyone who wants to open their email and page down multiple times to find the person's response. I want to see the response when I open the email. If I need to see the prior email they are responding to then I will scroll down and see that one.

• Publié le 20/05/2019
Ad L.
Services et technologies de l'information, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 27/07/2021

"Very good email client being alternative for MS Outlook and others"

Avantages: Very good email client with a full set of features which are not found in other email programs.
One time fee and do buy the lifetime upgrade option.

Inconvénients: Pricing can get high if you have multiple devices and above 50 devices you need to contact the sales team.

• Publié le 27/07/2021
Ricardo sandy A.
Web Administrator
Traduction et localisation, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 31/08/2019

"The A Team of E-mail Client"

Commentaires: I used to spend too much time logging into different e-mail providers just to check e-mail messages and communicate with colleagues and clients. Now I only need to open my eM Client software and see all e-mail accounts in one integrated dashboard. There is no more hassle and productivity has increased manyfold during my use of this software.

Avantages: I like its superb functionality and flexibility. You can add accounts for the majority of e-mail providers, create contacts and tasks, subscribe to internet calendars, use Google Hangouts directly from within the software without having to logging into your Gmail account, assign labels to e-mail threads with different colors. The greatest advantage is that you can purchase a lifetime license at a bargain and receive all future updates for free.

Inconvénients: It lacks official themes and seldom releases feature updates.

• Publié le 31/08/2019
Desiree W.
NA
Internet, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
  • Publié le 12/04/2020

"Great Product, Just One Major Kink"

Commentaires: I had to uninstall eM Client and go back to Thunderbird which has a lot more functionality than eM, but I don't need all of that. I liked that eM was a kind of "middle of the road" (just the right amount) of functionality/features AND they have a nicer GUI than Thunderbird (more modern). But, the syncing errors and issues just drove me crazy. So, I'm back with Thunderbird for now. I may try them again in the near future to see if the kinks were worked out or if it just all of a sudden will sync right with my accounts, because they are worth a second look. If you are someone that needs a little more than just very basic functions, but don't want over kill and aren't a highly advanced email client user, then I will definitely consider eM Client. You may not encounter the issues I did....they are worth a look!

Avantages: I loved the UI of the email client and that they allowed a few emails accounts in their free version. I loved the price on the full/pro version as well and was going to purchase if it weren't for one large kink....But, I will say this: even though the issues wasn't resolved in my case, the customer support and moderators on their forum were all very helpful and responded pretty quickly. I just wish the issue had been able to be fixed because I really did like the software, functionality/features it offered, and the price point to be able to add all my email accounts.

Inconvénients: I kept having sync error problems with my MS emails and my Gmail. I didn't have 2FA initialized so an app password was not needed. Using my email and login (standard setup) should have worked just fine, but i think that there were syncing or connection issues at the time I used it.

• Publié le 12/04/2020
Chris M.
Design, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 05/01/2021

"Great Outlook Alternative"

Avantages: Honestly, it was the cost. I've been using the free version for years. It does all I need for email and calendar for my business. They update the free version about once a year and I've never had an issue with an update.

Inconvénients: Limited to the number of email accounts it allows (I think it's 2) but that's only for the free version so I really can't complain.

• Publié le 05/01/2021
Mike D.
ceo
Logiciels, Auto-entrepreneur
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
  • Publié le 26/12/2020

"client support is not good for a paying product."

Commentaires: This is no good client support.
I bought 2 licenses, and have to wait weeks and weeks before they even answer.

Avantages: Good layout, works fine to read and send mails

Inconvénients: I can only see my mails from 2 months back.
Submitted a ticket in October, got an answer 6 weeks later.
Tried out their suggestion ( I had to buy a new license to be able to follow their suggestion ), and it still didn't work.
After notifying them that the issue persists, still waiting for 3 weeks with no reply.

envoyé par eM Client le 31/12/2020

Hello,

We're very sorry to see that our support failed to provide a solution in a reasonable time frame. Contact me directly at wilson@emclient.com and I'll try to clear this matter ASAP.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.
George Wilson

• Publié le 26/12/2020
Tanish B.
Tanish B.
Quality Analyst
Services et technologies de l'information, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 15/04/2019

"Perfect for low budget"

Avantages: We have been using this software in our organisation from a while. It covers all the basic functionalities and it's user interface is quite simple to operate.

Inconvénients: I haven't encountered any major issue till now. It works fine for me.

• Publié le 15/04/2019
Ben W.
Graphic and Web Designer
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
  • Publié le 27/03/2018

"With a fresh, clean look, this email client is the best I've used in a long time!"

Commentaires: eM Client has proved to be much more efficient by eliminating the chaos and stress of an unorganized email collection. It is so much easier to manage emails when they look good!

Avantages: The clean and simple user interface makes it easier than ever to maintain an organized email system. When viewing an email, eM Client has a handy Contact Details sidebar with other emails between you and that contact allowing you to refer back to past conversations without flipping back and forth through the inbox and sent folders. It also has the ability to keep conversations stacked in the same list item similar to how text messages are organized on a smartphone. This was a huge selling point for me as I often get lost easily between complicated email threads in other clients. Another huge bonus that makes eM Client a favorite of mine is the amount of options you have to play with. Some users might find this overwhelming or confusing but I'm a huge fan of the ability to change things like the theme, font, font size and spacing, which buttons to display, etc.

Inconvénients: Having transferred from Mozilla Thunderbird, there are still a few quirks like how it sorts Junk mail and the fact that I have two inherited junk folders and it's unclear which is being used for what. There also doesn't seem to be an automatic junk filter like other clients have but, on the other hand, this means I never miss anything due to the client marking it as spam and never to be seen again. In the detailed email list view (multiple columns), you have the ability to change which columns are visible and in which order, etc. However, this only effects the current folder and all other folders have to be adjusted independently. It would be nice if similar folder types shared the same column views to be consistent across all folders. As far as sorting goes, you have the option to flag emails or apply a color-coded category. When a category is applied, you have the option to make the text of the email change to the color of the category but when the email is active or highlighted, the color changes to the default black making it impossible to know what category the email falls under while you are viewing it. In my opinion, this almost defeats the purpose of categorizing email conversations since you are unable to search via category.

• Publié le 27/03/2018
David I.
Partner
Conseil en gestion, Auto-entrepreneur

"Great e-mail option"

Commentaires: My overall experience is very positive and I anticipate that I wil continue to use eM Client for the foreseeable future

Avantages: The software is easy to install and generally easy to use. It has a few quirks, but once you get used to those, it is very good.

Inconvénients: The software has a habit of backing up, usually when I need to use it, which can be frustrating. It also has a habit of creating an error when it closes, not only when it is closed because for example the laptop crashes, but also when it is closed down properly. This results in a need to check and validate the database. Whilst I have not yet lost any data, the checking is problematic if I am in a rush and for example only turned on the laptop to do a quick e-mail.

Hi David,

Thank you for your review. Did you contact our support regarding the closing problems? Our tech staff answers to every email/ticket they get so if you write to us at support@emclient.com we can help you to resolve the problem.
Or you can contact me directly.
George

Mark R.
Services et technologies de l'information, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 07/07/2021

"Fantastic email client"

Commentaires: I've really enjoyed using eM Client for a number of years now. Like any email client you have to spend some time tweaking it to how exactly you want everything as the default display/settings might not be to your liking. The application is very fast and updates quickly. Updates to the client come through regularly which is reassuring. I'm currently using version 8.2.

Avantages: I've used eM Client for about 4 years using a free license which caters for a maximum of 2 email accounts. I recently upgraded to the Pro version with lifetime upgrades as I now use 4 email accounts. It's very easy to setup and add email accounts as you'd expect. There are a lot of features available and far more than I require. I've found that the calendar integration with a gmail account has been seemless. In fact as soon as I add an event to the calendar via eM Client it almost instantaneously updates in gmail. You can access the user forum via their website and there's a lot of useful information available in case you get stuck with anything. I recently set up a signature for my business email and it literally took a couple of minutes.

Inconvénients: Like any email client it does take a little while to tweak the settings to just how you like it. I'd certainly make use of the 30 day free trial so you can iron out any little niggles you may come across. Make use of the forums if you get stuck.

• Publié le 07/07/2021
Derek S.
Sales Manager
Automobile, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 05/09/2019

"Great option for a next-level email client"

Commentaires: I've used eM Client for the past few years and have been overall happy. That said, there have been frustrating moments with support and I really hope they fix the current print glitch mentioned above.

Avantages: The main reason I use eM Client is the speed of the search. My job has me constantly searching a large database of emails and it's imperative that I find them quickly. When put side by side with Thunderbird, it absolutely dominates in search presentation and speed.

Inconvénients: The most recent update has made it so that when I print emails, another daily task, eM Client always opens the system print dialog box despite that box not being checked. This takes a considerable amount of extra time with the number of emails I print. I opened a ticket but wasn't very happy with the reply which suggested that I move to a previous version which carried the risk of losing my fine tuned settings and more. In addition, for most users without search needs, I don't feel it's significantly better than Thunderbird so it may be hard to justify the cost.

Hi Derek,

Thank you for your review. We are aware of the print issue and have resolved it internally so we'll release an update fixing the problem soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jonathan S.
Director of Corporate Relations
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 05/09/2019

"Good solution for managing complex, integrated email communications"

Commentaires: I have found eM Client to be the perfect solution for my needs. I am able to access my saved messages and folders without having to pull them from the cloud. This is huge. Also I find the email interface to be much more user friendly than any of the cloud-based services. Finally, on the original setup, I migrated from Thunderbird and the entire experience was incredibly smooth and easy. This was a big plus as I was getting started.

Avantages: This software allows me to manage 3 or more email identities from a single platform. It allows me to organize my saved messages for easy retrieval and long-term record-keeping. It allows me to search and quickly find past messages.

Inconvénients: When Windows reboots the system automatically following an update, if emClient is running, the software has been vulnerable to corruption, and the process of checking and rebuilding the database can be cumbersome. This problem has improved over time, but the program remains vulnerable to sudden shut-downs.

Sergio O.
Sales
Développement et commerce international, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 04/08/2019

"My preferred email client for desktop"

Commentaires: I'm very happy with emclient. It's the only desktop platform I found that made me change from browser mail platform to desktop platform again.

Avantages: It's the best email client I could find. It's clean, simple, easy to use, full of features included. Feels clean and smooth to use. I can use many email accounts in the same platform as if they were just one.

Inconvénients: Nothing at all. I like all aspects of the browser, I can't tell of something I don't like by now. Maybe an option to send recurrent emails would be great, and even greater: an option to automate follow up emails until a reply is received.

• Publié le 04/08/2019
Amy M.
Deal Administrator
Immobilier, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 30/09/2019

"EM Client is amazing"

Commentaires: Started using it a few years ago with the free version but loved it so much that I decided to buy the license. I recommend it to everyone over Outlook because it's much faster and easier to use.

Avantages: I love that this program is so user friendly. It's essentially the best desktop mail client I've ever used. Easy to navigate, easy to organise and super easy to personalise which is a great feature.

Inconvénients: I'm pretty disappointed that with one of the more recent updates EM Client got rid of Frozen Smart Folders. That was actually one of my favourite features. I use so many folders so that really helped me make the decision to switch from Outlook and when they took that away I considered going back. With the most recent update I am no longer able to save jpg/jpegs from the email which I depend on a lot.

• Publié le 30/09/2019
Ted M.
Realtor
Immobilier, Auto-entrepreneur

"Former Outlook User"

Commentaires: It fulfills my daily email needs for my business and personal correspondence. I have 4 regularly used email addresses through which I correspond.

Avantages: It was mostly familiar in design to what I previously used. I was used to a email client that allowed me to have a large, nested, easily accessible filing system for correspondence.

Inconvénients: I get error messages at times regarding my movement of filed correspondence within the application. I don't know how to correct the problem. Thus, I receive repeated error messages.
Also, when replacing my old tablet computer with a new one, the process for getting the "PRO" version on my new machine was not as clearly defined as I would have liked. I succeeded with Stepan Busek's help.

Hi Ted,

Thank you for your review. Did you contact our support regarding the connection problems? Our tech staff answers to every email/ticket they get so if you write to us at support@emclient.com we can help you to resolve the problem.

Or you can contact me directly.
George

Ben W.
Graphic Designer
E-learning, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 10/09/2019

"Easy-to-use alternative to Thunderbird with a much better user interface"

Commentaires: Overall I have enjoyed my experience with eM Client much more than that with Outlook (obviously) and Thunderbird. I haven't had to recover an automatic backup but it's assuring to know I'll always have a backup ready when my computer inevitably dies.

Avantages: The simple and clean UI helps me focus on priority emails while staying organized and efficient. The Conversations feature really helps to keep interactions simple and straightforward. The amount of options available is very refreshing, especially for someone as detail-oriented as I am.

Inconvénients: When emails are displayed by conversation, any email with the same subject gets lumped in making it appear as if those emails are part of the same interaction. This can get complicated fast when a colleague includes you in multiple emails to different people with the same subject line. However, once you get used to it, it's easy to ignore.

• Publié le 10/09/2019
Bruce K.
retired
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, Auto-entrepreneur

"Better than OUtlook"

Commentaires: Happy or I wouldn't use it. ;-)

Avantages: Integrated views of In box, Sent folders, etc. is excellent across many accounts.

Inconvénients: User interface could use a buff. Vertical scroll bars are too thin and difficult to grab; their color contrast (to surrounding elements) is too low. Keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-N) for starting a new message should be available from the New Message window. (Sometimes we think of another note we need to send while in the middle of composing another.) Font and font size should be able to be separate message format tool bar items.

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for your review. Classic styled scroll bars are still present in Classic and System themes. And thank you for the New message shortcut suggestion - we'll add it to our todo list.

Matthew W.
Software Engineer
Logiciels, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 02/06/2020

"I was excited, but terrible reliability and horrible support changed that."

Commentaires: The reliability is awful, but the customer service... wow. If they were any quieter over there, we'd have to be in the vacuum of space. If I could buy this company, fire every employee and finish their system I would. I suspect they have very little development capability, or they are outsourcing all of this and that explains why getting fixes done is impossible at best.

Avantages: The interface looks great (but has issues), it's fast and has some good features, but mostly they don't work as expected.

Inconvénients: The search function doesn't work.
That's right IMAP users... No searching for e-mails. No matter what.
If I am looking for an e-mail from my #1 client, I first have to look on my cell phone, find the date and time in eM client and then sort by the Received By name. Sometimes it is there, sometimes it isn't. 99% of the time I am stuck using my cell phone to reply to people because eM client search doesn't work. If I have an upcoming meeting, occasionally (1 time out of 30) I can find the e-mail by typing in any ONE word that I can think MIGHT be in the e-mail message. You can't search by e-mail address, or name, subject nothing. I dealt with it for 2 years. I submitted countless documents, proof and technical information to support, and all they do is ignore me. I now am forced to just send them an e-mail every two weeks saying "Hello? Any update?" .... Silence. I'm a software engineer. I own a software company. I told them how to fix all of it. I offered for free, since it's been 2 years. They're not interested at all in fixing it. Beyond that, e-mails in the inbox show that they are from different people, people that I haven't talked to since I created my e-mail account. Why you ask? They blame it on "incomplete headers". I submitted header comparisons between all sorts of mixed up messages showing no difference... What was their explanation? Nothing. Silence.

• Publié le 02/06/2020
Rebeca R.
  • Publié le 25/04/2018

"Tried to get support and was ignored"

Avantages: The software itself is good until you have a problem with it and need support. It's functional and easy to set up.

Inconvénients: The customer support is non existent. They are in another time zone which totally clashes with American time zones, so they expect you to be on your computer at 5 in the morning to get help. When I complained about it, they ignored me completely and now my tickets will go unanswered.

envoyé par eM Client le 27/04/2018

Hello Rebeca, so far our support is located in Europe only, but we are trying hard to help every our customer from opposite time zones, even during our night hours, and even if they need remote assistance. Another remote assistance session with you is planned for today, 9 AM your time, so I believe this time everything will be all right.

Thank you, Peter.

• Publié le 25/04/2018
James G.
James G.
Behavioral Medicine Research Consultant
  • Publié le 26/06/2018

"Great email, calendar, contacts, and task manager."

Commentaires: It has completely replaced MS Outlook. I use it multiple times a day for all my email, calendar, contacts, and task management functions.

Avantages: Synchronizes well with Google email and calendar. Easy to use layout with all of the features I want in a combination email, calendar, contacts manager. Pulls up email correspondence chain in separate view. I can customize views, categories, themes, etc.

Inconvénients: Does not have a corresponding Android version. The contacts sync has sometimes resulted in duplicate entries. There is a duplicates tool to remove duplicates but it would be nice to have an easier to use merge contacts function added.

• Publié le 26/06/2018
Paul P.
Lawyer
Cabinet d'avocats, Auto-entrepreneur
  • Publié le 27/11/2020

"Can't Modify Attached Documents"

Commentaires: Good.

Avantages: I like the ease of making backups (although I haven't tried to restore yet).

Inconvénients: In all other email clients that I've used (Outlook, Windows Express, Thunderbird, etc.) if I attached a document to an outgoing email and I wanted to revise the document before sending I would be able to open the attachment, make the revisions, and when I closed the attachment the revisions would be saved, in both the attached file and where the file resides on my hard drive. With eM Client it will not save revisions you make to an attachment, so I have to delete the attachments, open up the file on my hard drive and make the revisions, and then re-attach the file to the email. Very inefficient.

• Publié le 27/11/2020
Adam H.
Automobile, 11-50 employés

"Powerful and lightweight"

Commentaires: Great program that gets the job done. Well worth the price. The best outlook alternative that I tried (and i’ve tried them all)

Avantages: Has a lot of functionality that Outlook had but is much more light weight. It does the stuff you need it to without all of the over complication of other mail clients. Especially like how it allows multiple google calendars to sync seamlessly into one overall calendar. Much better that outlooks tabbed/overlay calendar design.

Inconvénients: Tasks/todo lists could be a little more robust. Adding email senders to handling rules could be better as well.