Avis clients sur ConstructionOnline

par UDA Technologies

Filtrer par :

• Service client

En savoir plus sur ConstructionOnline

Construisez plus vite, plus intelligemment et mieux avec ConstructionOnline.

En savoir plus sur ConstructionOnline

355 avis affichés

Rean W.
Rean W.
  • Publié le 18/10/2017

"This is the best new "toy" I've had in years. I feel like a kid in a candy store!"

Commentaires: Saves time. Makes it easy to find stuff. Helps you stay organized. Keeps subs, vendors, owners, architects, vendors all on the same page.

Avantages: I am a new user of this kind of software. A few months ago I did not even know that something like this existed. It has opened a whole new world for me and I am blown away by what this software can do. We demo'ed a few competing products before making a choice and it was the wide range of features at the most competitive price that sold us on ConstructionOnline. I especially like the messaging feature which is basically an email system dedicated to one specific project.

Inconvénients: There is nothing I really dislike about ConstructionOnline, there are just some features I do not use as they do not meet my needs as a commercial general contractor. For example, I do not use Estimating and Change Orders as they seem to be less robust than some of the other software products. These features seem to be geared more towards the residential market. However, I realize it is hard to be everything for everyone. A feature, I think, that would be nice would be the ability to sign documents electronically. Maybe one can do it through Redline; if so, I have not been able to figure it out yet. As a general contractor one has to collect submittal packages from vendors and subcontractors, review them, and then attach a separate sheet to the package, that contains your stamp of approval/comments/signature on it, before you forward the submittal package on to the architect/engineer for review. On this submittal sheet there is space for the different reviewers to add their stamps as well. It would be nice if ConstructionOnline could generate this submittal sheet that you can attach to submittal packages sent to you. Currently, I generate the submittal sheet in another project management program, print it, place my stamp on it, sign it, scan it back into my computer, upload it to a pdf editor, add it to the submittal package file, and then upload the combined file to ConstructionOnline. It would be nice if you could do it all in ConstructionOnline.

• Publié le 18/10/2017
Kelly C.
  • Publié le 10/05/2019

"Excellent speed and ease of use"

Commentaires: Mananging numerous subcontractors on numerous projects. Makes keeping track easy.

Avantages: The fact that it is extremely fast and has a ton of great features

Inconvénients: Not sure yet I haven't used enough to find a con.

• Publié le 10/05/2019
Bethany L.
Design Coordinator
  • Publié le 21/09/2021

"Customer Service"

Commentaires: It's been great so far, as we start to implement more and more of the program into our process I think it'll help us be more organized as a team.

Avantages: I have been working on using the client selections portion and customer service chat has been amazing! They have helped me with the most basic things and given me resources to continue learning about the program. I'm new to the program and this field, it's been instrumental having someone to quickly ask random questions to.

Inconvénients: I'd like greater customization in the excel exporting, we'd like to have spec sheets be populated as well, the client doesn't necessarily need this information, but it's instrumental in handing off projects from design to build department.

• Publié le 21/09/2021
Steve F.
  • Publié le 19/08/2021

"Almost, but missed the mark"

Commentaires: Customer service is very helpful for the product they have. Unfortunately they miss on some pretty basis stuff. We have been told for over a year that development team is working on some of the basic fixes and still nothing changes.

Avantages: Estimation portion is good. Job costing is fair.

Inconvénients: It does not have the ability to provide clients with add/alternate pricing. Seems like a very basic feature that most construction companies are asked to provide. This one slipped by us through all the demo's and we have been frustrated for over a year with this. Have to manually do work arounds. Also we are a commercial construction company that does about 300 jobs a year. The software does not even have the ability to assign each project a job #. With as many jobs going on, we have to be able to cost every purchase and we do that using job #'s and PO#'s. We are manually assigning each job a number. These are just two of the larger misses on this software.

• Publié le 19/08/2021
Johanna L.
  • Publié le 10/05/2017

"Katy taught me how to update contacts to allow for punchlist viewing by our team members."

Commentaires: So many! Help with organizing - help with scheduling - help with wrangling everything!!! Gotta get back to work.

Avantages: I enjoy the cross platform functionality. It's so great to be able to access our files from any location, either online or from our servers in the office. This makes a big difference as our team (and project list) continues to grow - we can allow viewing of select items/lists and we don't need to force anyone to use Mac or Windows to work within UDA. Far surpassing any software features, though, the fact that your IT staff is so prompt to respond and so helpful launches this software into one of my favorites I've ever worked with. All software has issues - it's how you respond and deal with those issues that differentiate you from the rest and I thank you for it. Now if you can just have some IT available until 5pm West Coast time (where I am) my dreams would really come true. Thank you to Katy and all the other fabulously helpful people I've interacted with!

Inconvénients: A trifling issue, but since you asked - when I add documents from our computer to the Project Files for a job, it's pretty wonky and time consuming. If I drag an item to the file list, instead of showing it was added - the file list scrolls back to the top so I have to scroll back down to see if it was even added - which it usually wasn't. This happens each time. This means I've taken to adding each document twice to ensure it imports so I don't need to scroll down to check if it's there or not. It would be MUCH nicer if the file list stayed put while I added files so I could see where - and that they were added to the list. Sometimes UDA lets me add mutliple documents and adds a 1 or 2 after each multiple - and sometimes it warns me that it already has that doc in the file. If this warning could pop up every time, I wouldn't need to then re-scroll down to the files I just added and delete duplicates. Also - just like when I add files, when I delete a duplicate the file list automatically scrolls back up to the top so I have to manually go back down to where I was to delete the next duplicate.

• Publié le 10/05/2017
Christopher W.
Christopher W.
  • Publié le 03/07/2018

"Great service from all the support group. The rep is always so helpful."

Avantages: Construction Online has helped organize Core Contracting by using the technology of construction online. Construction Online is always improving, which is one thing I like so much. We are able to complete estimates, create dynamic schedule and connect with our customers using this one product.

Inconvénients: When you use the product as designed, I don't see any negatives. I think scheduled ongoing training would eliminate allot of issues. Pick as section, get to know it, by using it, and then aim to learn another section anothertime

• Publié le 03/07/2018
Darrell M.
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 08/04/2021

"As a client I am their #1 concern"

Commentaires: My experience is great due to the product and, in part with the amazing customer service, second to none.

Avantages: It is a central repository of everything it takes to operate our company.

Inconvénients: Not sure if it's a CON, but it takes time on the system to maneuver through it. However, all the functions are fairly intuitive once they are introduced.

• Publié le 08/04/2021
Cathy M.
Cathy M.
Full Charge Bookkeeper
  • Publié le 19/09/2018

"Small Construction Company Use"

Avantages: It keeps all you data in one place. It also is compatible with Quickbooks.

Inconvénients: A definite learning curve when navigating through the software. Does have some limitations with transporting data to Quickbooks.

• Publié le 19/09/2018
MANAGE
Équipement et fournitures de bureau, 2-10 employés
  • Publié le 24/04/2020

"This is a great product, very good customer service"

Commentaires: When I contact the company for questions or input, they are always quick to respond with resolutions. but we hope to use the GamePlan function when it's ready

Avantages: It seems to integrate well with agile books as long as you understand how QB items work. When I called for help, I received an effective and immediate solution and the project logging application was much easier than using a spreadsheet.

Inconvénients: My only complaint is that I have waited too long to implement my software program integration. I don't really have any negative comments ... the product continues to evolve and improvements are added and unlike many systems

• Publié le 24/04/2020
Virtual Assistant
Internet, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 12/03/2018

"UDA is Awesome!!!"

Commentaires: If you work in construction, then you should be using this software. It is completely construction focused and what the construction industry needs.

Avantages: Their customer service is unbelievably good. If you have questions or don't understand something, they work with you until you do. I'm impressed by how much time and effort has gone into putting this platform together and their constantly willingness to listen to their customers for feedback.

Inconvénients: For there most part, I love almost everything. I wish the ToDo lists and/or punch lists had the ability to repeat those items you do on a daily basis. At the moment that's all I can think of.

• Publié le 12/03/2018
Arleen D.
Director of Operations
  • Publié le 08/03/2016

"Time saving and expert and friendly support team"

Avantages: With regret, I took my time integrating with my QuickBooks software. After a little over 2 years of having Construction Suite, I finally took the plunge and began the integration process between the two software programs. I love the ease at customizing the software to suit our particular business. The customer support is second to none! The staff is quick to resolve any issues and answer questions minimizing any downtime. No worries! If I make a mistake the staff is quick to show me what I did, while correcting my mistake. Mistakes happen, it is nice to know I have support when and if I need it. I highly recommend the total care package. You will not be disappointed! As for the reporting, Construction Suite provides additional useful reports to help evaluate the current state of your business and let you see at a glance the progress of all projects both financially and the current phase.

Inconvénients: Don't really have any dislikes! My only complaint is that I waited too long to do the integration between my software programs!

• Publié le 08/03/2016
Eugene F.
  • Publié le 17/06/2019

"As a UDA Construction User,"

Commentaires: Wonderful

Avantages: I use this software on a daily basis and the organization it brings to my project tracking, and scheduling is unbelievable. From estimates to completion, the software makes it possible to keep track of it all. What great software!

Inconvénients: About the software itself, I have no complaints. I have been using UDA Construction since 2004 and the software has a learning curve that needs a serious commitment and that is one of the reasons why I like the app so much because a lot of the data can be updated from the field. The learning curve was steep over the years but it has only skilled me in how one should think around construction projects which is also a benefit. The learning curve, however, for me has been slow for the simple reason that as my experience and projects grew the demand exponentially grew on the software itself, so my learning curve followed that trend.

• Publié le 17/06/2019
Rebekah R.
Administrative Assistant
  • Publié le 02/09/2016

"User friendly and a great value!"

Avantages: UDA ConstructionOnline was very easy to use and navigate. As I was setting the system up and learning how to navigate through all of the features, the customer service/help desk team was always there to answer my questions. If the person that answered the phone could not help me, then they always found a person that could.

Inconvénients: A pro/con about the product is that there are a lot of different sections which allows for a lot of different types of activities to be performed within the same platform. I liked the option to update properties through the app, but I didn't like that all of the different activities usually took many clicks to get to the right place. It would be helpful if the site was more integrated and allowed for information to be transferred from Punch List to Schedule to Game Plan to To-Do more easily. Seemed like I was setting up the same information in four different places and that can be time consuming.

• Publié le 02/09/2016
Rebecca F.
Accounting Tech
Construction, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
  • Publié le 18/02/2020

"Northern Legendary Review"

Commentaires: I am setting it up to integrate properly with our Quickbooks software through the Socket function, and I really enjoy how the two connect. It seems to integrate well with quick books as long as you understand how the QB items work.

Avantages: I like the integration capabilities with Quickbooks, it's very easy to use. I also really enjoy the estimate templates and cost code set up. They are very easy to customize and make to fit your company needs.

Inconvénients: It needs equipment management!! There is a lot out there for estimating, project management and accounting integration, but there isn't much for equipment costing and tracking. Sage 100 features this and I think your software would go even further if you introduced equipment management as well. I also would like an option to not have a parent account when setting up an estimate into quick books, I aslo feel it could merge with the Chart of accounts a little better as well, the generic 'income' and 'expense' account could be made to fit the COA a little bit better.

• Publié le 18/02/2020
Barry T.
  • Publié le 27/01/2016

"ConstructionOnline reliability & support"

Avantages: Something that seems to be increasingly rare these days is that the company behind Construction Online (and Construction Suite) stands behind their product 100% and the quality & level of support is how I wish all my suppliers and business partners were. Over the years I have looked at alternative systems just to make sure we are not missing out on a better alternative ... and I am confident we are not.
I am also a big fan of their pricing model ... the alternative systems where you pay for a set number of projects can rapidly become very expensive for a company such as ourselves as we do lots of smaller renovation projects as opposed to only a few larger ones per year. There is no limit to the amount of business we do so it is easy to allow this system to grow with our business without any financial "penalty".

Inconvénients: I genuinely do not have any negative comments ... the product continues to grow and enhancements are added and unlike many systems, they do appear to test pretty thoroughly before releasing an update to the software.

• Publié le 27/01/2016
Michael C.
  • Publié le 04/07/2019

"Good Construction Software"

Commentaires: I been using Construction Suite and Construction Online for many years. It is a well thought out software.

Avantages: Construction Online gives me the value of having everything I need in one place. Plus the client portal is a major plus for communication with my clients on change orders, scheduling, etc.

Inconvénients: Don't have any complaints. Sometimes when you need someone to help you, it may be awhile before they do call back.

• Publié le 04/07/2019
Jorge T.
Co- Founder/ Project Manager
  • Publié le 03/05/2017

"This products has the potential of being one of the contractor most valuable tools."

Avantages: There is a value in communication and instant data upload with our Customers and Sub's.
The ability to instantly upload pictures, punch list, RFI, client selection and change orders or adjusting architectural drawings on the fly is a valuable tool and these are but a few of the tools we use please keep improving the software.

Inconvénients: There are a lot of software limitation such as the search for contacts and the ability to set categories and sub categories. The ability to rotate the plans once they are in the plan room.
The ability for some of the apps to connect properly with the online software such as time tracking or the use of plan room on an iPad or other tablet which has a lot of glitch's and does not work fluently.

• Publié le 03/05/2017
Bennett G.
  • Publié le 24/11/2015

"Useable right out of the box"

Avantages: The software is very flexible and can be customized the individual way anyone compiles their estimates. The folks at UDA are always courteous and friendly.

Inconvénients: PRODUCT: The Project descriptions ("Scopes of Work") are not tied directly to the individual estimates inside a "Project". So, if you have multiple versions/revisions of an estimate for a Project (like changing around scope of work or specifications during the "Sales Process" based on client discussions (e.g. adding or subtracting), you are forced to remember to go into a different module to change the original "description" that you wrote or your estimate and specifications will not match. VENDOR: (1) They do a very poor job of communicating changes to the software they have made and/or what changes may actually be planned. It would seem simple enough to produce a feature change log. (2) If you leave a message at the office there is only about a 10% chance you will receive a return call.

• Publié le 24/11/2015
Robert B.
Senior Project Manager
  • Publié le 09/08/2017

"Significant ease of use and straight forward organization of Construction Online."

Commentaires: UDA is a one stop shop for all my project management needs. I use UDA and Microsoft Outlook as my main two software tools on a daily basis.

Avantages: Constantly updating and evolving with more features. Easy to acclimate new users to features specifically used for their job duties. It is not an all or nothing software. We can limit users to features that will increase their productivity and not inundate nor confuse them with features that are not beneficial to their work flow.

Inconvénients: Sometimes big time on web server don't know if it is due to # of users or or amount of information contained in our company files. Wish the web server could process the information faster when imputing data.

• Publié le 09/08/2017
Charles A.
Design
  • Publié le 23/07/2015

"Construction online helps me keep it all straight"

Avantages: CO keeps all my documents, notes, logs, appointments and anything else I need to put in there and organizes it in a simple way so I can get what I need when I need it. This business can be crazy, and CO is a powerful tool that lets me keep things under control. I'm learning more all the time, and I know I don't use it to its fullest yet, but even so my business has shown a tremendous impact. Staying organized is what it is all about. The guys at UDA have always been so helpful and respectful. They are able to guide me when I need it even if I am under a deadline and stressed out. If there is a problem they cant't fix on the phone, they can get on the screen share and find a solution or get back to me with a fix in a reasonable time.

Inconvénients: I have no complaints at all. Maybe I'd like it more if they were headquartered in my town.

• Publié le 23/07/2015
Elizabeth G.
Accounting Manager/Closing Coordinator
  • Publié le 20/06/2017

"Software is Good; Customer Service is Amazing"

Commentaires: Good software. A little pricey in my opinion. Does have a lot to it that you can use if someone really wanted to use all the functions and features. But the customer service almost makes it worth it all. Caroline Prater really keeps me staying with the software when I have wanted to leave this software in the past. Because of the customer service it makes me stay. :)

Avantages: Customer Service is always there to help. Carolina Prater is amazing and always promptly answers my questions or issues I may have.

Inconvénients: The app has a lot to be desired. It is having issues at least once a month I get my job supers coming into office telling me something won't work.

• Publié le 20/06/2017
Layne B.
Director of Operations
  • Publié le 26/02/2018

"Has allowed us to greatly streamline our opperations"

Avantages: The project and team management tools will be a huge asset to our system. I like the ability to create templates. I think the estimating is easy to use and very useful

Inconvénients: I would like to be able to have some initial set up control power on my end when setting up sub contractors. It's absolutely essential that I be able to pull up the estimating docs from the app, so as to cross reference different items. Simply looking at a pdf version is not the same. I think there should be a way to classify projects. For example, once a contract is signed I would turn the project over to live. At that point, the estimate can't be altered, only change orders created. Some of the projects we begin building will never turn into jobs, so they will only have the estimating portion done more than likely. I wouldn't want that project to count as an overall project and go against the total amount we are allowed. But I would want to be able to at least be able to estimate through the system so if it turns into a job, it can carry over. I also think it's really important to be able to use the scheduling system through the app. I wish there were more options to customize the estimate reports to look more professional.

• Publié le 26/02/2018
Alex K.
Design
  • Publié le 08/01/2016

"ConstructionOnline just keeps getting better."

Avantages: I feel the product is in Sync with the building Industry. and I appreciate that UDA Technologies try hard to match Building practices/terminology with companies from each country that use the software! We build on the East Coast of Australia, between South West Rocks and Tweed Heads of New South Wales. Our Company puts Mobile apps designed by UDA to good use, and with such a big area We have to contend with, We find that these apps work very well. Our Company has been using UDA products for at least 7 years, and in the time We have experienced the effort UDA has put in to be on top of the game.

Inconvénients: Navigation through the software on a "project basis" can be streamlined.
there is a lack of written help files, and best use of software, in manual form, for quick reference.

• Publié le 08/01/2016
Peter S.
Designer/Estimator/Sales/IT
Urbanisme et architecture, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 24/04/2017

"On the Right Track"

Commentaires: There are a load of great features that one day will make this software a pleasure to use. ConstructionSuite and ConstructionOnline are separately great products, but their interaction is clunky and leaves something to be desired. For all of the benefits that each provides, it is a chore to keep track of what tasks can be accomplished in each piece of software. With the great staff, support, and developers behind the product, I hope that one day this will be a much more smooth user experience. There is so much that it has to offer, but it still needs a fair amount of development before it is seamless. As a company, we will continue to use the software for the powerhouse that it is, and anxiously await updates. Additionally, the support staff has been a pleasure to work with, and their knowledge has helped us to take advantage of the software.

Avantages: The range of features, cost database/estimating software, project management capabilities

Inconvénients: The dual nature of ConstructionOnline and ConstructionSuite. Their integration is clunky and frustrating. There are a lot of features that seem like good ideas, but are only half baked, as of yet. The Google Calendar integration and its inability to work only one direction is one of these. Keeping track of what syncs automatically or manually between Suite and Online is frustrating too.

• Publié le 24/04/2017
Andrew N.
  • Publié le 20/08/2015

"I mostly use the logging and punch list features on a day-to-day basis"

Avantages: When I called for help, I received an immediate and effective solution, and the project logging application is much easier than using a spreadsheet.

Inconvénients: I think that the punch list function should automatically copy me on all punch list reminders that are sent to subs so I can follow up with them on the same email thread and keep conversations better organized. The work log resource type should be more robust as it does not appear to be developed by someone with construction experience (obviously builders do not typically moonlight as software developers, but I think there is more room for growth in catering to construction professionals).

• Publié le 20/08/2015