Data tool for more established companies

Publié le 16/08/2018
Advisory Board Member
Internet, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: When working Mixpanel is fantastic. It can help companies see their acquisition, activation, retention, revenue and referral. But I think the product is primarily for more mature companies that have used queries and excel sheets in the beginning to make their initial KPI's. Don't use this from the get go as a startup. But use once you know exactly what you want to track, and get somebody on your team to be the super user of Mixpanel (data scientist) and do the same on the development team.

Avantages: Mixpanel can tell you a lot of things about your users. Especially the Signal feature is great – we've used it as a guideline instead of having a full time data scientist. You can also follow different cohorts of users and create funnels to see where these users fall of or not.

Inconvénients: The dashboard function is not great. Besides that the system is pretty complex, so you really need to dive deep into the tutorials to understand how to use it.

Very easy to navigate and pull your data

Publié le 05/08/2018
Matylda C.
Content Specialist
Logiciels, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Mixpanel will be ideal for you if you need a simple, yet powerful tool for your SaaS product. One of their features that I've found most useful (and I haven't really seen it in the competitors' apps) is Signal. Once you apply it to your events, it shows you which ones you should encourage your users to do, and predict behavioral trends within your product. A must-have for a modern product marketer!

Inconvénients: I wish it would be easier to implement your own data to the user profiles and events there. You also can't collaborate within teams.

Tracking user behavior is a must but we're still figuring out Mixpanel

Publié le 25/07/2019
Maxim L.
Co-Founder
Logiciels, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We build a SaaS product and need some way of tracking and analyzing user behavior. Everyone talks about and recommends mixpanel, so we're trying to figure it out.

Avantages: The new UI is really nice (visually), I love how graphs look like
Mobile app is super snappy
Integration is easy
Automatic insights are actually useful

Inconvénients: Building useful graphs can be challenging and sometimes counter-intuitive. Of course, I could watch all their education videos, but I simply don't have enough time. I think there's a lot that can be done in the "getting started quickly" category.
Also, I somehow can not pin a flow-diagram to the dashboard or even save it

I use Mixpanel every single hour a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year !

Publié le 31/07/2018
Fayssal J.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's the simplest way to track app usage.

Avantages: Sign-up was too easy and the free tier is very generous.
Installation was time consuming but this is mainly related to our codebase.
Segment integration is working like a charm.
The best app for setting up analytics for SaaS apps.

Inconvénients: Emailing user experience should be reimagined and made much more intuitive to match the amazing user experience of the whole app.

Amazing platform perfect for data needs(specifically for eCommerce and phone applications)

Publié le 15/05/2018
Viktor G.
Co-founder, VP of Operations
Vente au détail, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Incredibly strong application for assessing data and customer behaviour - perfect for serving notifications and emails to customers and this is often overlooked to Mailchimp and other strictly-email marketing competitors

Avantages: -Incredible ability to send messages and emails with relatively no limitation
-Very robust reporting on success and outcome of particular events coded into platform
-AI and alerts activate on irregular activity
-Very, very secure in keeping data safe
-Many variables available to store and to track

Inconvénients: -Somewhat difficult for new users and for trainees to use
-Very difficult to maintain parity between users and their account on other software through any changes(ie. wrong email address gets fixed)
-Reports are a bit tricky to create

Go-To Analytics

Publié le 03/10/2018
Co-Founder
Services d'information, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Mixpanel is the cleanest, most accurate analytics tool our team has used. We've tried Google Analytics, and other free services that have consistently shown us messed up data. Mixpanel is super easy to set up, it gives you the data you need in a digestable format and allows you to make quick decisions.

Inconvénients: To be honest, I used to be quite upset with the pricing of this software but they have recently lowered the monthly costs and it is on-par with what I would expect to pay. Good job Mixpanel.

Management of digital marketing

Publié le 21/10/2018
Francesco B.
Chief Operating Officer
Marketing et publicité, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It helped us manage the push and the DEM allowing us to do a / b testing and improve the performance of our instruments.

Avantages: The ability to send push notification and DEM directly from the same platform. The constantly improved features and support assistance.

Inconvénients: The difficulty of implementation and the non-accuracy of data

Event tracking platform

Publié le 05/08/2018
Tiago O.
Inbound Manager
Logiciels, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My product team is heavy user. Being in the Marketing team, I appreciate the reports we get from it, they really provide a deeper understanding of what our customers actually do with our product

Avantages: It allows my product team to track the use and outcomes from each part of our platform. It's a must have for our product owners.

Inconvénients: I can't really tell, as I'm not involved in the implementation, but my team says it could be made easier with a more intuitive set of features

Sophisticated but pricey solution

Publié le 03/12/2019
Full Stack Engineer
Immobilier, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I really liked to use it and wish that it becomes more affordable at scale

Avantages: - Quite easy to integrate Mixpanel event tracking in existing codebase
- Granular control is provided about when we want to start tracking a user's events and when do we want to destroy it

Inconvénients: - For small number of users, the solution is quite affordable but even for a small SAAS, the costs scale up so quickly depending upon the number of customers that inevitably you are forced to either cough up the money or change to another tracking service which would then take months of efforts.

Savvy tool for advanced product marketers

Publié le 03/12/2019
Jovan M.
Head Of Marketing
Logiciels, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Without MixPanel we would wander in the dark without clear guidance.

Avantages: MixPanel offers very important metrics related to product analysis which creating our path to the improvement of our software. I especially helps us in customer acquisition, activation, retention, but also in revenue and referral activities.

Inconvénients: You really need to invest a lot of time to learn and understand how reporting works, how to create dashboards and other things.

The best user tracking tool

Publié le 30/09/2019
Magnus O.
Customer Service Team Lead
Édition, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The experience has been great. Although, I requested a refund once and it took a while.

Avantages: Mixpanel is best user tracking tool I have experienced. With Mixpanel, you can tell the last location a user used your product from, last action, last login - You can track so many things with it.

Inconvénients: Mixpanel is very expensive from my experience but then I guess it is so because it is a very good software.

Better than Google Analytics

Publié le 03/02/2019
Magnus O.
Customer Service Team Lead
Édition, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Unlike Google Analytics, Mixpanel tracks everything and can help you understand your customers better

Avantages: I know a company that uses Mixpanel to track everything a customer does on their platform, including where they left off and also encountered an error. Mixpanel also shows you a customer's location.
You can also send targetted customer messages with Mixpanel

Inconvénients: You will need a software developer to implement Mixpanel on your app or website. It's not something you can set up easily.

Super powerful analytics

Publié le 04/04/2018
Digital Marketing & UX Expert in Residence & Mentor
Gestion de l'enseignement, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I used to always use google analytics but have become a huge fan of Mixpanel. It's super easy to set up and to integrate into your workflow. It's easy to set up segmentations and flows so you can see how people move through your site or product. This has been hugely helpful in our ability to optimize conversion.

Inconvénients: I'm curious how they can improve the collaboration abilities with teammates and allow for more streamlined experiments.

Incredibly powerful marketing tool with the best support engineers in the world

Publié le 10/03/2018
David K.
Marketing Manager
Services financiers, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great advanced marketing software that allows you to send REALLY effective marketing messages if you know how to configure.

Avantages: The marketing tool is INSANELY powerful you can configure marketing messages or campaigns based on almost any data you can pipe in. The support engineers are the nicest, best support engineers on the planet (they have incredible depth of knowledge and explain in crazy detail). We see our Mixpanel marketing communications perform 4-5x better on average than our general email marketing messages.

Inconvénients: It's so sophisticated and advanced it can be difficult to know where or how to get started. If you're looking for a "simple" marketing platform, this is not for you.

This is a must. If a client doesn't have a tool for user-side analytics, Mixpanel's my first choice.

Publié le 17/07/2018
Erick J.
Growth Hacker
Support client

Avantages: - Insights, insights, insights - if set up correctly, you can learn a ton about users
- big feature set
- allows to answer complex questions about usage and users (e.g. through behavioral cohorting)

Inconvénients: - JQL skills required for many analytics use cases
- sometimes buggy
- very slow lately - I don't know what happened but the MP team must have made major changes to their tech stack - the tool has been really slow since March

Good tracking software

Publié le 12/09/2017
Antoine L.
Trafic Manager
Support client

Avantages: It enables to track every customer on your platform and target them as you want. You can also have some insights and run campaign with a very precise and effective targeting.

Inconvénients: Quite heavy to understand, not always very simple. Too much fonctionnality and no real segmentation.

Great even tracking platform

Publié le 27/03/2018
Adarsh R.
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Mixpanel lets me track how often users are performing a specific pattern of interactions with my websites/web apps. It makes it easy to visualize the frequency and incidence of these events, and use the data in conjunction with other platforms like Google Analytics.

Inconvénients: There's a bit of a learning curve, especially if you haven't used a similar platform in the past. I have also found that certain ad-blockers might cause events not to register.

Valuable Tool for Understanding Your Customer's Behaviours in Depth

Publié le 23/12/2017
Co-Founder, Full-Stack Growth Marketer
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Mixpanel is an invaluable tool for every marketing & product team. We were able to learn very useful insights about how our customers using our product which helped us identify areas for product improvement.

Inconvénients: To get the maximum value from Mixpanel, it pays off to have a data analyst on your team. This can be hard for early / growing stage startups as they typically rely on few people executing multiple jobs.

So much data and So little time

Publié le 27/08/2018
Customer Support Representative
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The ability to track all the different users on our system and truly analyze their journey within our product. As a Support Rep, I use mixpanel primarily to track users, see if they're able to function properly within our mobile app, so mixpanel is fantastic in this function and am sure provides much more to our team.

Inconvénients: The User interface within Mixpanel can be a lot for first time users. Even using the product for a couple of months now and I'm still not fully aware of how well to use it. I wish I had more time to figure out the different functions and learn the system more but that would be it's only drawback, that it's not for beginners.

Great software once you get it going

Publié le 01/09/2018
Kristen K.
Marketing et publicité, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: With mixpanel keeping me updated on the latest statistics I can enhance my business because I make more money if I know what people want instead of getting outdated information and leaving it up to guess work.

Avantages: I like getting answers as soon as I need them it's very on the go since statistics change constantly it's nice to have them easily available. Customer service is very friendly and when you're having issues bringing up your stats they can find them easily and help you out.

Inconvénients: What I liked least is when going to sign up for an account for some reason their webpage makes your tablet crash repetitively and then keeps freezing up your browser so it was very hard to set up an account.

Tracked our usage data effectively

Publié le 09/12/2019
Vice President, Client Success
Internet, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Mixpanel is recommended but I would review your requirements to see that it's the right tool for your business needs.

Avantages: Mixpanel provided us with a wide range of product data that helped guide our business decisions. We could also export this data and provide to customers.

Inconvénients: We had a lot of issues with the reliability of the data based on how MixPanel captured it. It's also a very difficult product to use and requires extensive training to get the most out of it - even for a user that wants to access basic reports.

Track everything and anything

Publié le 27/10/2018
Tung F.
iOS Developer
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: I liked the feature that you can track the duration of the interaction. For example you can track how long does the user watches the Tutorial video as we did in our app. Though I noticed sometimes it returns wrong value, so for now I would stick to own duration calculations but still send to Mixpanel to track it. The integration is pretty simple, dashboard is nice.

Inconvénients: Duration tracking is a bit wrong sometimes on iOS. The panel sometimes has delays but I guess it's normal.

Best analytics product there is but very expensive.

Publié le 02/04/2018
iOS Developer
Logiciels
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great analytics but the pricing is no longer worth it.

Avantages: Compared to others like Flurry and Amplitude there are much more features in Mixpanel. Lets you explore user profiles and see each users revenue and target push notifications to users with campaigns. Also lets you set properties on users so that you can enable features specific users and do A/B testing.

Inconvénients: The pricing is way to high for anyone other then a large company they used to have a good free plan but the current free plan with its limits is useless for production apps.

Mixpanel review

Publié le 29/04/2019
Deputy Director, Advocacy
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We are an SaaS startup, and are trying to accomplish two things with Mixpanel: 1) understand for what and how our clients are using our system, so we can help them utilize ALL features; and 2) increase internal and external satisfaction by updating our knowledge base based on our Mixpanel data to reduce support tickets and increase client retention.

Avantages: Mixpanel is awesome and really helps you make the most of your website or platform. Flows and funnels are key to better understanding how people use our site and what paths they take to complete various tasks that we could make easier for them.

Inconvénients: So far, there's really nothing I've discovered that I don't like about Mixpanel.

Reliable Data analytics tool with better data accuracy compared to free tools.

Publié le 09/04/2019
Business Intelligence Consultant
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Mixpanel is costly and it's not so easy to learn and implement.

Avantages: Great tool to get the insights about the users and products. customer support is really good. Mixpanel is really good for Saas projects.

Inconvénients: Costly.
Reports and dashboards are not so easy to create.
It would have been nice if there is a forecast feature based on the data.