15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

En savoir plus sur Torque 3D

Torque 3D - Notes

3,1
3,5

Torque 3D a reçu une note globale de 4,3 étoiles sur 5 d'après 10 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Note du produit

Note du produit

Utilisation

Classer par

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Torque 3D ?

Daniel
Daniel
Product Specialist (É.-U.)
Externalisation/délocalisation, Auto-entrepreneur

A free game engine that is great for beginners

Commentaires : Major benefit would obviously the engine is free. Like I said in my review, it's great for people starting off with game design.

I love the fact that there is a lot you can do with Torque, especially if you're new to Video Game Design and development. You can implement decent graphic while maintaining performance with the engine.

The engine it self is kind of dated in regards to industry purposes. Torque can definitely improve some of it's graphical features.

Justin
Animator/Editor/Instructor (É.-U.)
E-learning, 2–10 employés

I used this engine for a personal project a few years back.

A few years ago I used Torque for a project I was working on in college and I was in awe over how simple it was to get up and running. Even as a novice student developer at the time, with a small team of artists and a single programmer, we were able to throw together a first person shooter game with a unique world, art assets, animation, and gameplay in our spare time with a 10 week semester. This should speak volumes about the quality of this engine, and should be a testament to those considering using this tool in your development pipeline.

While it has been a short amount of time from my initial interaction with this engine, I do not recall having any negative feedback during the time I was using it. Really great engine that I would recommend to newer developers.

Nawfal
Nawfal
CG ARTIST (Maroc)

A little bit outdated

Commentaires : it was a nice engine years ago, it need a strong update to reach actual engines.

The perfect engine for an RPG, easy to use, cheap and no hacker knowledge required.

Outdated engine, no physical based rendering, a lot of bugs and error and very archaic.

Andrew
Managing Partner (É.-U.)
Jeux vidéos, 2–10 employés

A great game engine for the cost, at the time it came out.

Commentaires : The engine we've used for years.

At the time Torque came out, it was the best / cheapest option in the game engine world. It had everything you needed to make a game, and it was very reasonably priced.

It is an older engine that does not have much support for it anymore.

Banque

I might just make my next game in Torque

As a free tool, Torque has so many unexpected features. It really is a complete 3D game development tool. I was constantly surprised at how much I was able to do with it, despite being a largely unknown tool.

Torque comes up a little short on features that you'll find in something like Unity or Unreal. What you get with the ease of use you sacrifice in features.

Andrew
Lead Developer/Artist (Australie)
Jeux vidéos, 2–10 employés

Torque showed promise as a game engine for indies, before Unity 4 swooped in and stole the show

Commentaires : I trialed and purchased Torque Advanced and Torque 3D when I was first getting into 3D game development. It was a good engine to get into at the time, and there were multiple tutorials around to get you started. These days though the engine is mostly unsupported and not a viable solution for commercial development.

Torque 3D had some modern rendering features and map editing tools when it was released. It was also affordable for indie developers.

I couldn't recommend using Torque 3D now, as engine toolset hasn't been updated majorly in years. The community kept it going for a while when it became open source, though it hasn't received an update now since early 2018.

Enrique
Lead Designer (Venezuela)
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Non fourni

I used this engine to learn game development some time ago

You may not end up making a AAAs Quality game but as a development tool it's amazing what you can do as an indie developer an as a learning tool.

It doesn't keep up with all the possibilities that other game development software with more advanced framework.

Télécommunications

You get what you pay for.

Torque is a great tool to play around with. It allows you to see a lot of what makes a game tick that you normally don't think of as simply a player.

Releasing a game with Torque seems like a far fetched prospect. I don't think it has enough tools in it to make a final project that I would look back on as acceptable. It's a good place to get a visual sense of things, but implementation just wasn't there for me.

Nicholas
College (É.-U.)
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Non fourni

Garage Games is a gaming creation suite that was a terrific use

I found myself really learning the inner workings of game design and placement just by messing around on the surface level

Banque

Shockingly deep tool

I can't say enough good things about Torque 3D. I was blown away by how much you can do with it, and the depth of the suite. You're unlikely to make AAA games with it, but at an indie level you could do a whole lot worse. It is also fun just to play around with aimlessly.

It can't do some of the biggest things that, say, Unreal can do. I had trouble getting efficient support for issues. Some of the tutorials are not quite as informative as I would have liked.