I really like TimeDrop, but...

Paula B.
Publisher/Manager
Presse écrite, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This is a great program and very easy to use. It has everything I need for my crew of 8 part-time employees. The "but" was added because this program can be used on only one computer. I have it on the server and it will not work on any of the PCs it serves unless i buy a separate license for each PC. Which means everyone has to clock in on the server and all of my adjustments for payroll have to be done on the server. I like the program.

Avantages: Very easy to use. Every features is clear and works for me.

Inconvénients: Can use it on only one PC unless I buy separate license for each PC I need it on.

envoyé par LotHill Solutions le 13/04/2017

Hi Paula, thank you for your feedback. I understand the pricing concern; however, our software is locally installed and not on the cloud which is why we charge per device (Windows tablet, laptop or PC). This also means that the cost is one-time and not monthly. In addition, the pricing is NOT dependent on the number of employee profiles in the system like other cloud-based month to month systems. If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to reach out. I am happy to assist. Kind regards, James

Perfect fit

Publié le 07/02/2019
Randy L.
IT Director
Cabinets médicaux, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We switched company software last year and our new system didn't have an integrated time clock. TimeDrop more than fit the need we had and at a very competitive price. I had a tech support issue yesterday when deleting an errant time entry on an employees time card. The tech support was actually very quick and efficient considering I don't pay for support. I would highly recommend TimeDrop to anyone seeking a no nonsense time clock that is easy to network for multiple locations.

Avantages: TimeDrop was easily implemented, multi location with central accounting friendly, and the price is excellent without the reoccurring fee's of a hosted time clock.

Inconvénients: The only con is the inability to customize the reporting layouts but that keeps the price down.

License Issue

Publié le 23/08/2016
Jeydeep P.
Volunteer
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus d'un an
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Had issues with the license on my TimeDrop PC(I reformatted and used a new name for the PC so the system was telling me I had used all my licenses). James was really helpful in getting the problem solved.

Avantages: Ease of use, simple setup, ease of backup

Inconvénients: Anyone can make themselves a superadmin if they're techsavvy enough.

good intentions, bad follow through

Publié le 08/08/2018
Melissa F.
office manager
Construction, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This is a great way to keep up with employee time without having concerns over buddy punching. However, the U.are.U. scanner does not work well or perform as it should. I have a difficult time with this system and I have had to go in and enter employee hours more often than the scanner has worked. I have had this system about a month now. If i did not accept the final purchase, I would have asked for my money back.

Avantages: i like what this software was intended to do. I think if it worked like it was supposed to, it would be perfect.

Inconvénients: the biometric scanner is terrible. it does not work half the time and disconnects on a regular basis. I have to install the scanner nearly twice a day everyday.

envoyé par LotHill Solutions le 09/08/2018

Hi Melissa, thank you for your honest feedback.

These scanners have been very solid for us over the past few years and I am sure there is something simple we can do to correct the issues you are facing.

I don't see any open tickets from you regarding this issue, but we offer free support so please reach out asap and we will get you taken care of. I put our contact information in my signature.

This is a very simple solution so my guess is that something simple with the machine (hibernation, updates, etc) may be causing the disconnects. Bad reads could be a couple things; however, we can eyeball those too when we¿re logged in to check things out.

I have also reached out to you directly via email and will follow up with a phone call later today if needed.

Kind regards,
James

Call for help: 855-568-4455
Create a ticket: product.support@lothill.com

Works well for small business

Publié le 11/09/2018
Benny M.
Services aux consommateurs, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: We have it installed at our two locations. Just upgraded with the feature of automatic clock out after certain time, but have not checked the feature. Also it's only one time purchase and installed on your computer and not on anyone else's server. Also email support is good.

Happy User

Publié le 13/09/2018
Almi V.
dentist
Cabinets médicaux, 2-10 employés

Commentaires: very efficient

Avantages: I find the software easy to use and is very efficient.

Inconvénients: I find it annoying when we see double crediting of the time.

envoyé par LotHill Solutions le 17/09/2018

Hi Almi, thank you for your review! If you keep seeing double entries, please let us know. We offer free support and are ready to help - James

I like it, but it needs a couple of fixes.

Chuck T.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The software appears easy enough to use. The issue we've experienced is when clocking in or out. When you enter your info to clock in/out you can't tell whether the timer is running or not. They need to add one more layer after you log in and have a highlighted Clock In or Clock Out button. When I'm clocked in the clock out button could be highlighted or something like that so I can tell if I'm in or out for the day. This helps as you move between departments. (Which is a nice feature)

Avantages: Easy and lets me configure multiple departments with different pay rates.

Inconvénients: Knowing whether you are clocked in or clocked out.

envoyé par LotHill Solutions le 14/04/2017

Hi Chuck, thank you for your feedback. Funny you should mention the additional layer for the clock in and out. This feature is in the release coming this Monday. Basically, when you clock in, the status window will appear as usual and will show your new status, but now you will have the option to Undo. In the next release, we will be splitting out the clock in/out button into to separate buttons that will immediately let you know if you are clocked in or out before the status appears. As I write this, I think that perhaps a quick clock in or out option from the TimeDrop manager makes sense too. With this option, we can know with certainty who you are and show your unique status since you would have already logged into the manager. Thanks again for your feedback and I truly appreciate your patience as we enhance and grow TimeDrop. Kind regards, James

My Timedrop experience

Publié le 07/03/2019
Kossi Z.
IT manager
Supermarchés, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: it help the Human Resources department to quickly have staff scorecards

Avantages: I found it simple to use and easy to set up

Inconvénients: Cannot export the reports in other form instead to print

envoyé par LotHill Solutions le 12/03/2019

Hello, thank you for using TimeDrop. I am happy to hear you are finding it useful. You can export the reports using the Export button in the toolbar after you preview the reports. All reports can be printed, or export to PDF or MS Excel. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. We also have a number of TimeDrop videos on YouTube.

Kind regards, James

Great for the money

Publié le 26/09/2016
Anika S.
13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The product is exactly what I wanted and the price was great. Customer service was excellent. I did not give full stars on ease of use as it took quite a while to find the right driver for the fingerprint scanner to be installed.

Avantages: Its simple, not too much bells and whistles. We only need to keep track of who came in and left and when that happened.

Needs a little more

Publié le 10/05/2019
Danylle P.
Administrator
Immobilier, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The ease of clocking in and out. We all love how easy it is to use, and the owners love that no one can clock someone else in or out.

Inconvénients: No option to put in vacation or sick time. Wouldn't need it to track the time, but to be able to break the reports down into what hours were vacation which were sick and which were regular would be EXTREMELY helpful.

TimeDrop Time Clock Review

Publié le 14/08/2018
Dhru P.
GM
Hôtellerie, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The way you can set time in clock is great.

Avantages: It's very accurate, easy to use, and set up.

Inconvénients: Sometimes it won't read fingerprints.

envoyé par LotHill Solutions le 24/08/2018

Hi Dhru, thank you for your review. If you run into the scanner not reading often, please contact us. You may want to try the following: when you enroll the fingerprint, be sure o use a few different positions so the user does not have to use the same exact position every time. Kind regards, James

Pretty easy to set up,

Publié le 28/09/2017
Robert D.
Formation professionnelle et coaching, Auto-entrepreneur
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I do not know yet. I am still locked out.

Avantages: very easy to use. Nice colorful screen. The finger scanner is very nice, high tech looking and sleek design, not clumsy.

Inconvénients: no way to recover the password. I think the "directions" pages should be numbered. It was confusing. I preferred the directions over the YouTube. No way to recover a password or hints given.

Good support

Publié le 18/02/2019
Ely H.
Santé, bien-être et fitness, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: CSR does very quick and nice job to support and taking care of issues. Overall have good experience and will recommend it to every one.

Avantages: Easy to use. Saves time and paper. Accurate calculations.

Inconvénients: When the new update came we had a little issue to update the software to newer version. They need to improve that.

Works great and highly recommended.

Publié le 04/10/2017
Bijan D.
Électronique grand public, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It works perfect for us and I do not find any issues. Just need to read the user's manual before installing the network version.

Avantages: Installation and setup was fast and easy. Very user friendly for employee and administrator. The price was reasonable also.

Very easy set up

Publié le 18/08/2017
Rena N.
Research Administrator
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The software is easy to set up and use. It only took a few minutes to figure out how to operate the time clock .

Inconvénients: I don't see the option of automatic, daily lunch break- time deduction. This is something we had before.

Review of Time Drop Time Clock

Marsha H.
Support client

Commentaires: I really like TimeDrop. I have encountered one thing that I would like to change. The drop box on the clock in/clock out management page needs to be in some alpha order so that it is easier to locate people.

envoyé par LotHill Solutions le 13/04/2017

Hi Marsha, thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear you are enjoying the software. That particular sorting issue has been addressed and is available in the coming release. Please let me know if you have any more questions or concerns. Kind regards, James

Time Drop Installation

Publié le 03/11/2016
Sylvester O.
2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great experience working with the help desk team. Great folks I was really impressed how they help me get my installation worked on. I really appreciate your help

Time Drop review

Publié le 01/02/2017
Lee P.
Support client

Commentaires: The one thing missing from your software is the ability of the manager to correct a missed punch, and then have all following punches get moved into their correct positions. If an employee misses a punch on Monday afternoon, and the supervisor does not catch it till Friday, it requires that manager to edit all of the punches following the missed punch.

envoyé par LotHill Solutions le 11/02/2017

Hi Lee, thank you for your excellent feedback. We love having customers like you and sincerely value your constructive thoughts to improve the products that make your job more efficient. I recall chatting about this feature over the phone recently. As a result, we have since added a backlog item to our development timeline for an upcoming update. Updates are free, so when this feature is implemented, you will get to install the update at no charge. Hope all else is well. Kind regards, James

TimeDrop is awesome!

Publié le 06/01/2015
Eden F.
EVP
Support client

Commentaires: Pros: EASY to use and getting started is FAST! Customer Support is quick to respond and has super follow up. Cons: None that I can think of. Overall impression: Intuitive interface, quick start, super support...overall - great product!

TimeDrop is Easy and Professional. Used in Graphic Studio

Publié le 20/12/2016
Sage G.
Support client

Commentaires: Product was easy right from the start. Reading user manual, installing, navigating set-up all was just the kind of application busy office workers would like to use.

Searched around for reliable, easy-to-use affordable time clock software

Publié le 31/12/2014
Joyce H.
Owner, OSI Solutions Inc.
Support client

Commentaires: And finally found TimeDrop - LOVE it! Needed a bit of technical help when licensing due to some weird 'testing' I did but the support was quick, professional and thorough. Couldn't recommend it more.

Perfect for my needs!

Scott A.
Support client

Commentaires: No issues whatsoever! I purchased this to keep track of the staff of my small medical practice. Does the job!

I wasn't pleased

Saundra P.
Organisme social ou civique, 2-10 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The program was not user friendly.
I installed and attempted to use it, but it was too "busy", the directions were unclear and I was frustrated.
I haven't looked at it after the first two weeks that I purchased it.
Quite frustrating.

Avantages: Nothing

Inconvénients: difficult to use and explain to employees

envoyé par LotHill Solutions le 13/04/2017

Hi Saundra, thank you for you honest review, much appreciated! Please feel free to reach out and ask for help. We offer free support and have step-by-step YouTube videos. Here is a shortcut link to the TimeDrop playlist. videos.timedropusa.com

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, James