15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

En savoir plus sur Buddy

Obtenez des temps de déploiements extrêmement rapides. Chaque fois.

En savoir plus sur Buddy

As the account owner, with no direct hands on development, I appreciated the costs were well within reason.

No integrations for output parsing (ex. junit is not parsed) only raw output.

Buddy - Notes

Buddy a reçu une note globale de 4,8 étoiles sur 5 d'après 165 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Buddy ?

Naing Aung
Naing Aung
Chief Technology Officer (Myanmar (Birmanie))
E-learning, 11–50 employés

Buddy Works as a Continuous Integration tool

Commentaires : Buddy has been a huge help in our organization's engineering team by fail-safe builds.

Buddy has the most convenient CI/CD and deployment functionalities. It's web-UI based work flow builder really stands out and helps beginner mobile devs to easily use continuous integration.

Buddy's Pro plan doesn't really suffice for memory-hungry builds. Especially in android builds, I felt it's 3GB Ram for Pro plan isn't really close to what we need. Builds would usually fail due to memory issues, no matter how optimized the pipeline is

Doug
Lead Developer (É.-U.)
Logiciels, 2–10 employés

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

A must-have automation tool for the non-IT professional

Commentaires : Overall my experience has been absolutely amazing. I have been able to deploy multiple technology stacks to multiple different environments, integrate PHP unit testing, check my applications' up-time, all while viewing everything in a single interface. Buddy has numerous 1st-party integrations to various platforms and tools to get you started very quickly. But what I have found invaluable is the tools that are made available for developers to create/customize their own integrations via cURL or SSH.

Buddy makes automation easy for developers who are not IT administrators. Unlike that of some of the other automation platforms, the available presets and hints that each pipeline comes with allows you to develop and customize your deployments and testing with very little learning curve. I would say that I love the user-interface and user-experience the most. The visual representations and animations make the tool feel more complete and polished than some of the competitors.

Unfortunately I would say that I like least is the cost. As both a full-time developer and a freelance developer, Buddy can provide services to developers of all disciplines. However as a freelance developer who sometimes has to work on a pretty strict budget, some of the entry-level pricing tiers can be a bit steep on a monthly basis.

Marketing et publicité, 2–10 employés

Deployment Wizards

5,0 il y a 3 semaines Nouveau

Buddy made it incredibly easy to deploy our website.

Some of the frequent UI changes made the site difficult to navigate.

Sumith
Lead Developer (Australie)

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Best CI on Cloud platform.

Commentaires : Overall its a great tool to integrate CI and since everything is connected very well, it can do magic during the complex deployment process.

Its very easy to set it up and get it going. My favourite is the UI.

There is no proper documentation or training videos on this tool. Though its easy to setup some part of it, sometimes its really hard to find the help and configure something custom.

Bui Van
Bui Van
Developer (Viêt Nam)
Services d'information, 11–50 employés

Easy to use, great performance

5,0 il y a 4 mois

It is one of the most powerful tools to help push code quickly, and can manage error checking when deploying an application

Sometimes, just sometimes it works a bit slow

Services financiers, 2–10 employés

CI/CD made easy

Commentaires : People usually complain about paying for something they can make themselves. Buddy has freed up a lot of time for everyone in the organization by removing the technical skill and knowledge of Buddy configuration. The time saved is WORTH every penny!

The UX is so simple yet so powerful that anyone can create pipelines. Even our non-technical users understands the software and create pipelines to automate their needs from the code.

The cap of concurrent runs is set to 4 on self-hosted. Even though the wait time is pretty low, it's still annoying when we deploy large amount of microservices.

Oliver
Lead Technical (R.-U.)

Rock solid

Commentaires : Buddy couldn't have come sooner for us. It has solved all of our problems and now allows us to deploy in a variety of complexities in no time at all.

- Very regular software updates, adding great new features all of the time - Decent UI that allows us to do everything we need. YAML configuration available to those who don't want it - Sensibly priced, self hosted option for those who want to keep it in-house - Good integration with all of the tools we use and more

- We have to manually renew our LetsEncrypt SSL through the CLI tool on the server - Hardware requirements can be a little high if using Docker, but that's more of a Docker problem than Buddy

Angel
CEO (É.-U.)
Développement de programmes, 11–50 employés

Silver bullet for automating CI/CD

Commentaires : Love the tool definitely, Github Actions is getting there, but not even close yet. 100% recommended.

The integrations is by far the best feature of Buddy. it connects you with literally everything, Amazon, Google, Github, Slack, etc, etc, etc On top of that it allows you to run literally anything in their cloud.

Not so much about the pricing structure, I'm paying $200 and it seems that I could get more

Logiciels, 1 001–5 000 employés

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

One of the easiest ways to build and learn CI/CD

5,0 il y a 10 mois

Commentaires : I have realized the easy to use CI pipeline I've created to save a lot of time deploying my app to a production environment. I was first exposed to CI/CD in general through my role as a Web Developer and used Buddy as my first pipeline builder. The experience was so enlightening that I'm now using it in my personal project to deliver updates to my application in a sophisticated manner. This allows me to spend more time code and strategizing versus the rudimentary manual process I'm used to.

I like Buddy for the ease of use when you are a budding developer looking to learn CI/CD practices.

If you're an entry to mid level developer, I feel there is an initial learning curve to learning CI/CD in general. The documentation is satisfactory but it would be improved if each section or sub-section had a "You should know this before reading" bit in the first part of the article. That way a self-taught learner can establish the connection between Buddy and the rest of their stack by understanding key elements that necessitate the use of Buddy or how they are best augmented by what Buddy can do.

Dimitar
Software Engineer (R.-U.)
Services financiers, 51–200 employés

Dimitar Kolev Review

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

It's easy to use and have a nice interface

I don't find any drawbacks for the time I used Buddy

Raphaël
Web Developer (Suisse)
Transport routier/ferroviaire, 201–500 employés

Easy to Use & Beautiful UI

Commentaires : Buddy is the easiest CI/CD solution I could find.

The interface is very intuitive and easy to use. With a few clicks you can create a deployment pipeline easily. There is a lot of built-in actions that connect with many services. Even if when we can't find what we need, its integration with Docker Hub is really helpful so we can setup our own custom Docker image. As it works on docker, it is easy to install and manage.

User administration is sometimes confusing. When there are new users, they may not be able to access some old projects even if they have been added to the group that have access to this project and must be authorized individually.

Logiciels, 11–50 employés

Easy way to get a business up and running with a build tool

Commentaires : Since that the javascript world started almost requiring a build process to keep up to date with the language while supporting older browsers, our company struggled to integrate this in our daily work. So we started looking for build tools for a company that hasn't used any before and many developers who didn't really knew what it was. Buddy being so easy to use and set-up helped a lot in getting the whole dev team to be comfortable with this new way of working. It also fixed problems we had because in our previous deploy process we were unaware when a deploy failed and unable to recognize which servers were and weren't up to date. This caused all kinds of problems and even support questions for stuff that was already fixed, costing us extra time to figure out that something and what exactly went wrong.

It is very easy to get started with, intuitive. No real need to familiarize yourself with how the tooling works. We could quickly get pipelines up and running to test with and didn't need to spend much tweaking and fixing the build process. Our first intuition on how we should set it up was spot on. We could very quickly move from the initial test to using it in production. Because of the simple look and feel of the product it was very easy to get the whole company on board, in a company that wasn't used to using build systems. Getting people familiar with the product for day to day use was very easy to do. The initial set-up of the on-premise variant was very straight forward because they use docker. We ran a couple of commands and had it up and running in no time. Figuring out back-ups took a little more time but the customer service was great and they have updated the docs since.

The only con I can come up with is the price. We need to use the on-premise/enterprise version and that one is quite expensive to start with and has a hefty mark-up when you pass one of the pricing stages. The price doubles when you go from 10 to 20 or 20 to 40 users which hurts a little when you are adding your 11th or 21th person to the team.

Internet, 2–10 employés

Automate the deployment of your application

Commentaires : I use buddy for the simplest tasks like uploading GIT files to FTP without needing to configure anything on the destination server. It is very useful when you do not have SSH access or you just do not want to program complicated scripts.

Buddy offers an advanced automation experience with a basic knowledge requirement. Thanks to its multiple integrations you can get great automations with just a few clicks. You can create multiple pipelines to manage all the necessary processes to run your application. Upload files to multiple servers, compile applications, send notifications, etc. Undoubtedly Buddy is a very interesting tool to save time without having to develop large and complicated manual integrations.

If your pipeline does things that need a long execution time, Buddy can give a timeout and leave the task halfway.

Réponse de l'équipe de Buddy

il y a 5 ans

Hello! We are glad to hear that you like our product. If you are facing issues with timeouts it would be best to contact our support. Knowing the full context we might provide you with a solution.

Neil
CTO (R.-U.)
Internet, 11–50 employés

Easy to use, Empowers teams

Commentaires : As mentioned in our positives, our business use case was to simply set up deployments and build pipelines without the hassle whilst also empowering our team of developers and project managers. There are obviously ways to do this on the servers but the management of this requires a lot more work and knowledge of dev ops.

The obvious positives for us about Buddy are how simple it is to use and pick up. The interface is really nice and makes everything point and click set up. We also really like how easy it is to set up users and limit them to various projects or actions. We have really been able to empower our development team even to a junior level. Last the integrations with Slack and Github have enabled us to notify the whole team when a deployment fails or succeeds.

If Buddy is down for maintenance (this is extremely rare and also only for a few minutes usually) it can delay our deployments waiting for it to be back up. This isn't even a complaint really but more that it's the only small negative we can think of.

Marcus
Frontend Developer (Suède)
Médias en ligne, 11–50 employés

Easy to use without sacrificing features

Commentaires : We are currently migrating a lot of old delivery services that were missing pipeline support, and on the projects we have moved we have saved a lot of time and money when we don't have to handle merge conflicts on files that should be built on deployment anyway.

I love that it's easy to set up our pipelines, but it's also easy to understand how the pipelines are set up so teaching my colleagues on how to use this has been just as simple.

None at this moment, there are times when you wish an action were available but the ones I was thinking about have already been implemented.

Jose
Web Developer (R.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 11–50 employés

Ease of use and reliability

Buddy.works has made our deployment process a lot faster and easier.

Would like a way to group projects together.

Divertissement, 51–200 employés

We Love Sandboxes!

Commentaires : Overall, we love Buddy. It has been the best and easiest CI tool to use and provides it's weight in gold with Sandboxes.

We love the ease of use. We have tried many other CI systems and found Buddy to be the easiest and best for our front-end flow. We absolutely LOVE sandboxes, we find the most value in them. We constantly have the maximum number running for all projects to allow business and QA teams to view.

There are some gotchas and things that could be improved. Making it easier to duplicate workflows across projects, for example. Sandboxes are still in beta and could use some of the same improvements. Making it easier to define a default setup for sandboxes, and the ability to allocate lower memory to allow running more smaller sandboxes at once.

Jamie
Head of dev (R.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 2–10 employés

Best in its category

Commentaires : All of the problems I have encountered was probably (more then likely) down to our own team or missing NPM packages, however the support team would always assist and help us find the root cause of the problem.

The vast amount of options available to the user and the ever growing list that comes with it.

Pricing is little bit steep as we're a small agency but the heavy lifting it takes off us is invaluable

Logiciels, 11–50 employés

Buddy is great

Commentaires : Our favorite CI / CD service became the Buddy platform with a modern interface, conceptual innovations, and live assistance.
Be it Azure, AWS, K8s, Python, Java, PHP, FTP, SSH, Slack, SMS... the platform didn't let us down

The most we like: simple to use, friendly and modern UI. We might not be a big company using a ton of architecture, but we've found solutions in Buddy to all our deployment related tasks.

They are having hard time keeping all the documentation up to date.

Joe
DevOps Manager (É.-U.)
Services et technologies de l'information, 2–10 employés

Can't make it any easier

CD/CI is hard no matter how you look at it. The design of the Buddy UI makes it so simple to create and automate the entire CI workflow. I can control every aspect of the pipeline, monitor the progress of each build and easily reach detailed logging whenever I need it.

None that I can really think of right now

Peter
Backend web developer / Entrepreneur (Suède)
Transport routier/ferroviaire, 2–10 employés

Really great for building CI workflows

Commentaires : I'm very impressed overall. Buddy has helped focus on writing code instead of DevOps, because it just works.

The UI is very good and makes it very easy to build you custom CI pipelines. It's also very fast and reliable. The support is also good, and they are open to feedback.

I bit expensive for me as a solopreneurs with several small clients. I do however think it's decent value for money.

Kris
Kris
Lead Developer (É.-U.)
Vente au détail, 11–50 employés

Great deployment platform for all our needs

With Buddy I was able to consolidate my deployment tools, and save money. The platform is super intuitive and more powerful than what we were using previously.

A couple years ago my team uncovered a small issue with one of the deployment actions, but after working with Buddy's support team they resolved the problem!

Logiciels, 51–200 employés

Excellent Service

Deployments are a breeze with Buddy. Every single option we could possibly want is available to us. I can't imagine not using this tool for deployments.

There aren't really any cons I've found with this tool. Some custom gulp compilations run somewhat slowly, but overall that's not a big deal.

Alex
CTO (É.-U.)
Logiciels, 2–10 employés

BuddyWorks makes deployments easy

Commentaires : We've been using Buddy to manage project deployments and build steps for various different projects and different servers. We've now got complete transparency into which pipelines are set up and when they are running. We've hooked production deploys into slack so everyone can see which projects & features have been pushed live. We love it!

How easy it is to set up new project pipelines and connect to new servers

I don't really have any cons at the moment. The free tier was enough to trial the software and we've upgraded to allow more project pipelines. We love how transparent it has made our deploy process and it connects to pretty much everything we need!

Keyur
Developer Engineer (É.-U.)

Best CI/CD App Found so far

- The interface is so easy to use. - Lots of tools available to build site code and deploy with lots of techniques. - We are using for .Net, WordPress, Drupal, and Magento.

- Price is so high but it provides that level of service.