The best tool I've seen for managing OKRs

Site Reliability Architect
Biotechnologie, 51-200 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus de deux ans
Support client

Avantages: Provides exceptional visibility into the OKRs of large organizations, making it easy to align on strategies with other sibling orgs within the greater org.

Inconvénients: UI can be non-intuitive sometimes. Lack of consistency between different UI views, leads to user confusion. Some more walk-thru wizards would help.

A positive influence

Publié le 14/04/2019
Marketing Manager
Marketing et publicité, 201-500 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: plus de deux ans
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: - Good promoter of a transparency culture - I like the ability to see the objectives of senior directors and how the rest of the companies objectives are aligned to these.
- The ability to request peer feedback from within the app is very useful - and especially the ability for managers to see.

Inconvénients: - There's no functionality to review previous checkins, other than manually clicking into each one. I have weekly checkins with my direct reports and find our checkin notes useful for quarterly performance evaluations - if I could see all of them on one screen or be able to search into them, this would be a big improvement

We just implemented Betterworks to track Performance Management for our entire company.

Publié le 15/01/2018
Melissa V.
Office Assistant
Services et technologies de l'information, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The ability to track my goals and see how I am growing within my company. This is also helpful to me because I am a young professional and by tracking my goals through betterworks it allows me to quantify my skills so I can list them on my resume.

Avantages: We just started using Betterworks to track our companies performance management. The thing I like most about Betterworks is the layout that allows me to organize my goals in a comprehensive manner. It also has different methods in which I can track my progress in completing a goal whether that is in a percentage basis, units, or dollar basis. In addition, I can set a goal and then change the due dates of the OKR's so I don't have to complete the whole thing at once.

Inconvénients: I wish I could see an organization chart of the entire company and its goals not just my team's org. chart and our goals. I wish there was a better way to link my better works goals with other applications I use. For example, with my Project Management goal, I want to ensure my deliverables are on time but there isn't a good link with ASANA my project management app so I have to track my accuracy manually which is difficult.

Awesome tool to keep teams on track!

Publié le 30/04/2019
Kevin C.
Services et technologies de l'information, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, Betterworks is a great tool an entire company can get behind and stay organized within. It helps keep track of high-level company efforts to ensure we remain aligned. I'd recommend this tool to anyone who is thinking about utilizing the OKR model.

Avantages: Finally, a user-friendly tool that enables teams to track progress on milestones using the OKR model. Some of the great features include:
- Tiered goals
- Assigned goals
- Milestones within goals
- Goal tracking and analytic-based reporting
- Robust on- boarding system

Inconvénients: There is a (very) slight learning curve to immediately get started.

Great structure to a tedious process

Publié le 01/07/2019
Edward C.
YouTube Marketing manager
Marketing et publicité, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Great way to schedule check ins and see global visibility of goals for company transparency. Brings uniformity to management process and gives team members a literally platform to discuss concerns on a regular basis.

Avantages: Company organisation chart is absolutely brilliant with clear lines and separation, perfect for on boarding new starters.

Inconvénients: Not sure if this is just my admins but week starting on Sunday, why?? And the ability to align objectives depends on implementation from others.

Well organized tool that's easy for all levels

Publié le 18/01/2018
Senior Field Marketing Manager
Logiciels, 51-200 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: An easy way to create new professional development goals for myself

Avantages: It was easy to get started as a beginner and I liked the very simple training and tips provided when I first logged in. I also love the fact that it gives you a range of view options (including list, chart and dashboard) to fit your individual preferences. It's a nice streamlined user interface that includes just the right amount of clicks to find what you're looking for. I also like the export feature.

Inconvénients: It took me a few times to get the hang of moving items after I first created them. It takes some effort to reorganize something for a 2nd or 3rd time.

Probably a good option for large enterprises

Publié le 25/02/2017
Dan G.
Support client

Commentaires: It's pricey, so a large company might be a better candidate. We used it for a couple of years, but it was difficult to get everyone at the firm to adopt. The frequency of updates and changes to the look and feel of the interface added to the challenge. For a larger company with a big HR group, this could be a great solution.

Working towards common goals

Publié le 09/01/2019
Matt "griff" K.
Sales Representative at Geist, a division of Vertiv
Automatisation industrielle, 10 001+ employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: We are aligning business goals from the top down and down to the top. Previously we tried to use another software, Podio, to achieve this. We spent a ton of money and time on Podio to adapt it when we should have used this software in the first place.

Avantages: This is an app that allows an organization to create goals from the C-level to the associate level. It lets you align the short-term and long-term goals to what is needed for the person or organization. It is well thought out and intuitive to use.

Inconvénients: Not much that I have not liked so far, it is easy to use and you can navigate without training.

Great goal tracking app

Publié le 17/11/2017
Nandini K.
Development Officer
Support client

Avantages: I really like the integration that we can do for a software - like jira salesforce and google sheets to track our goals.

Inconvénients: Load time. Response time could be better for sure. I many a time see an empty screen. But I really like it.

good portal for multiple functionalities and teams, versatile and easily adaptable, accessibility +

Publié le 24/07/2018
Rachel B.
Admin
Support client

Avantages: intuitive, easy to personalize, can be utilized for any goal, good customer service, reliable and open

Inconvénients: not compatible with most other software systems, complicated to set up and maintain, expensive investment