15 ans à aider les entreprises françaises
à choisir le meilleur logiciel

Avis clients sur BuildingConnected

En savoir plus sur BuildingConnected

BuildingConnected est le premier logiciel de préconstruction pour les propriétaires, les entrepreneurs généraux et les sous-traitants. Au cours des 2 dernières années, plus de 1 000 entrepreneurs généraux ont rejoint la communauté.

En savoir plus sur BuildingConnected

Highly recommend Building Connected for its intuitive ease of use and the simple integration into a construction company's arsenal of estimating software.

We cannot edit the sub trade information in the software directly whenever we come across or find errors.

BuildingConnected - Notes

BuildingConnected a reçu une note globale de 4,6 étoiles sur 5 d'après 199 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Classer par

Avez-vous déjà utilisé BuildingConnected ?

Raina
Raina
Preconstruction Director (É.-U.)

Total Game Changer

Commentaires : Absolutely love it!

No one else that has this type of software comes anywhere close to the ease of use and ability to generate reports on the productivity and effectiveness of our past bids. I went from inputing about 30% of the information Building Connected has available in my own excel spreadsheet for at least 2-3 hours per day to letting the program do its job and running reports at my leisure!

Occasionally, the website locks up and causes some frustration with my sales team, but they all agree that we can never go back!

Ben
Chief Estimator (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées précédemment :

Great product, best on the market

Commentaires : We have been more than pleased, it has been a good purchase for us without a doubt.

Document control and ease of use. The document management has paid for the cost of the software by documenting who has accessed documents and when they were accessed. Also, the ease of use has significantly decreased the amount of time that we spend assisting subcontractors and vendors in pre-construction.

It would be great to be able to view a document rather than having to download the file first. There should also be some flexibility in formatting, data selection for reports.

Could be better

Commentaires : If the problems shown above are corrected I would describe as good.

Allows us to send bids in our area to many subcontractors.

1) Impossible to use in iPhone. 2) Comments are not valued by Buildingconnected Management 3) Mixes apples and oranges when it comes to UNION versus OPEN SHOP Subs, it needs serious revamping. 4) Ditto regarding the mix of subs, painters show under electrical subs. This needs a complete revamp, as well. 5) The selection of dates is cumbersome as the calendar "moves" up and down instead of being located in the same place when changing months. 6) During the set up of project one cannot pick a date for the RFI date. 7) The cursor does not automatically go to the proper location to start typing, instead it necessitates the use of the mouse to move the cursor there. This should be for ALL cases where one needs to type information. 8) There is too many BAD EMAIL ADDRESSES identified in the database that NEVER get corrected. There needs to be an earnest effort coming from the very top to keep the DATABASE in ship shape. We pay WAY TOO much money for this to be the case. 9) There needs to be more refinement within the categories available to pick subs from the standard 16 CSI divisions. For instance, there is a huge difference between a sub who makes and installs the coolers and freezer boxes and those who do the refrigeration for them, such difference is not considered in the options.

Partner (É.-U.)

Streamlined & Simple

Commentaires : We've eliminated a substantial amount of the risk in our bid process by having current information available to all team members. It helps us get info out to subcontracts 3 or 4 days faster than we could with our previous process.

Great for when we have bid teams of 4 or 5 people and having an instant snapshot of where our bid process stands. We have committed to doing detailed bid forms that subs have gotten used to for submitting their proposal and using the breakdown provided.This helps us zero in on the right conversations we should be having with the right subs and makes us more effective during the bid.

Our people rely too much on communicating through BC and it reduces the amount of phone conversations where we believe we learn a substantial amount more that a line item on the bid form.

Jeff
Jeff
Chief Estimator (É.-U.)

Building Connected is Cutting Edge

Commentaires : The ease of accessing subcontractors across the United States is amazing. Instead of using several different sources it now cut down to using BC and maybe one or two others.

The access to subcontractors all over the country. The analytics provided by the program to track and compare projects solicited. The constant improvement of the program and how it evolves. The ability to be very dynamic and flexible. The ease of use and set up supersedes other programs tried in the past.

The up-keep of contact information and how to update it. Populating relevant vendors for scopes of work for the area of work to be performed in.

James
Sr. Estimator (É.-U.)

Great tool

Commentaires : The role out went well; most of our employees were up and running without assistance within the 1st week.

After the initial the project setup this accelerates the the issuing of new documents and messages. This has saved my team a lot of time and headaches compared to the old way of email the subcontractors. Being able to see who as accessed the project documents helps to insure we get good bid coverage.

I would like to customize features to better work for our company and be able to load larger file sizes.

Susana
Project Estimator (Mexique)

Worth the Try

Commentaires : I don't mind working with it because it's easy to use, for me personally I would rather use it when needed, I would rather have another project administration website. Just because I can't edit much on it, It has what it has and you have to work with it. There's no area to add links, nowhere to add files and stuff like that.

I mostly like that it has an easy to use interface, easy on the eye, simple, you get a personal agent to help with any doubts and suggestions you might have.

That it has limited options to add additional features or additional links, you can't really edit much.

Stephen
Estimating (É.-U.)
Construction, 51–200 employés

Easy to use - some features needed.

Commentaires : What started as a cold call has made my entire job easier. The site is used company wide and has made bidding projects exponentially easier.

Ease of use and customer service are second to none.

We need a deeper level of customization when it comes to RFI and other document management.

Mike
Estimating, Project Support (É.-U.)

Easy to use Bidding software

5,0 il y a 8 mois

Commentaires : Building Connected helped up streamline out bidding process and keep all info and communication in one location.

Building Connected allowed us to have all our bid invites in one place, giving us the ability to find and track new bid opportunities.

The in-software take-off features could use some upgrades and possible integration with other software

Matt
Construction

Super Easy to Use, and Outstanding Support

Setting up and sending out projects to bid is SO much easier than any other system I've used- we're talking minutes to setup and publish bid packages, as opposed to hours in some other tools. Uploading files to this system is blazing fast. Ability to create templates for bid packages and contacts to create your bidders lists. Copying info from other projects, and predictive text entry in most fields. Searchability for vendors within our own templates, and across the network. Also, BC support is probably the best I've ever worked with- very fast response time, and good direct follow-ups with the end users.

Only a minor item- need to be able to provide a link within email messages directly to files posted in the system (rather than attaching to message), so it will track the view/download history of contract documents... but I know the development team is working on this already.

Will
Sr. Estimator (É.-U.)

Total Bid Management in 1 Localized Place

Commentaires : BC has helped our estimating & preconstruction department streamline our entire bid invite & management process. It has allowed us to localize all data and information in 1 platform. It has also allowed us the benefit of all team member having access to the most up to date information no matter where they are at. Being web-based makes it easy to log in remotely and get updates without having to contact other team members to ensure you are looking at the most up to date information.

BC is extremely user friendly, allows the entire preconstruction team to stay on the same page, and auto updates as changes are made and bidder statuses are updated. BC has streamlined our entire process, allowed to gain more subcontractor outreach and bid coverage. One of the great features that BC provides is the data analytics. Our company is easily able to identify market segments we are more successful in, clients we are the most successful with & subcontractors and suppliers that are the most responsive and competitive for us. The bid leveling feature has allowed us to set-up and compare bids directly in BC without having a separate program or spreadsheet for this. This is key as it allows all team members direct access to the most up to date information at the click of a button.

One of the features is that subcontractors are responsible to create their own free accounts and keep them updated. One of the issues we had to navigate around and create processes for was making sure we always had the most up to date subcontractor contact person.

julie
project engineer (É.-U.)
Construction, 51–200 employés

Small Tweaks Would Be Nice!

Commentaires : 98% positive. I do think a "live chat" feature would be nice though!

I definitely love this software. Love the database and love the ease in adding new people to an invitation after it's already been publishes. I like having these things "at my fingertips" so to speak. I like it's ease in navigation - FOR THE MOST PART, THAT IS. I have indicted below what I did not like.Most of the time I think it's very user-friendly.

My only negatives are with regard to ease of use when it comes to navigating the site. It seems a little "clunky" sometimes that you have to go through the steps you do to get to certain areas from other areas.....meaning that I think it could be more streamlined to access companies or individuals when you are in one screen without having to get out of where you are and "re-navigate." This among other small switching back & forth situations and hiding columns that I'd like to see have the option of staying "static" or in-view, are just about the only things I'd change. One last thing: I'd also like to be able to add individuals to a company account (as a GC adding to a subcontractor account) - I say this because often the one person I want to invite is not on their account and I have to stop and call the company and ask them to add their person. This of course happens when subcontractors are not diligent enough with keeping up their accounts and I know is hard to track....just a suggestion.....Other than that I think it is a valuable tool and really enjoy using it.

Jack
Call Center Manager (É.-U.)

Jack Grulke

Commentaires : In our business, the more contractors we can get to submit a proposal, the more impressive is our presentation to the client. Our previous goal was to be able to present 3 proposals for each trade to the client. Now it is not unusual to have as many 10 -- or more! Many of these have been sourced from your service. Keep up the good work. Our annual subscription fee to you is well worth the money.

We get many new contractors from your lists. They are mostly, if not always competent in attendance, professional in attitude and proficient in quality. As we are licensed in all 50 states, we frequently call these new trade partners for repeat contracts in their local markets. Your connections are invaluable in smaller markets where we have not worked before.

Sometimes the listed trades are incorrect. For example, often a contractor will be listed as "Gypsum" and upon calling, we find they are carpenters and don't do gypsum at all. Also contractors will listed as doing multiple trades that they do not do.

steve
Contract / Job Development (É.-U.)

Love this program!

Commentaires : If your looking for Construction Software call these guys and take it for a test drive, you wont be sorry and your subcontractors will love it.

Building Connected is the best software out there for me getting my bid invites and access to plans and specs. It so easy to use and everything you need a click away. Contractors that are using this software can send bid invites and access to the plans right to my account. I'm using their Opportunity Manager also, I just forward my bid invites from Contractors who are not using Building Connected to this program and it puts it in order by bid date automatically , much better than me trying to organize my outlook. Another thing about this software when you download plans its way faster than it competition.

Once in awhile I will have to go in and manually put in the bid date on certain bid invites that I have forwarded to the Opportunity Manager.

Senior Estimator (É.-U.)

We Love BuildingConnected

Commentaires : We have used them for several years and really like their support and how they keep improving the system.

The ability to distribute plans, specs and addenda is easy and consistent. It is also very easy to send messages to individual bidders, all bidders in a bid package or the entire project. We can create bid forms that the subs can fill out when submitting their bids. The system also tracks all quotes and allows us to level the bids. Their support is great with fast responses! We also use BuildingConnected to have subs fill out our qualification form.

The only thing we would like to see would be to list the number of those that are not bidding in the overall view that lists the number of invitees, the number that have viewed the project and the number that say they are bidding.

Luke

Fantastic bid management

Commentaires : Building Connected makes my job faster, easier, and more professional.

Great subcontractor base, easy to invite, and updating status is a breeze.

No mobile device support, and trying to get subcontractors to all submit on the platform has proved difficult.

Ahmed
Planning and project cost control engineer (Jordanie)
Construction, 1 001–5 000 employés

The top apps for finding the best-priced contractors in your area

Commentaires : BuildingConnected offers a pioneering idea for project owners, increasing their ability to get the best prices and also access to specialized contractors to carry out some complex tasks.

Through reports and lists of contractors, BuildingConnected helps users to finalize bids in every location it covers. The BuildingConnected system will allow you to create your own bid lists, and through those lists provided by BuildingConnected you will be able to send quotation requests to a wide range of contractors, some of whom you may not have previously come into contact with or had any previous knowledge of. BuildingConnected allows you to filter the bids you receive, generate a list of those bids, and eliminate any that you don't want. Getting regular updates on fresh opportunities that align with your company's goals is one of the wonderful benefits of joining BuildingConnected.

Even though I found the search and filtering capabilities for qualified contractors and estimates to be lacking in accuracy, BuildingConnected is still simple to use.

Jason
Director of Preconstruction (É.-U.)

Customer Review

Commentaires : Easier document control for us to share information with our subs and vendors. Program has helped us be more efficient. Does take some "coaching" of our subs and vendors to utilize BC in responding to our invites.

The program is easy to manage project documentation and communication with vendors and subcontractors.

Due to the quantity of Building Connected invites/messages received by our subs and vendors it is hard for some to differentiate our ITB's from other ITB's.

ELANA
Preconstruction Manager (É.-U.)
Construction, 10 000+ employés

Very Good Bid Invitation/Management System

Commentaires : Easy to manage the bid invitations and entire bid process.

Getting bid invitations out to the sub market is extremely easy through this software. Also, sending messages/communication out is great.

I don't really have any serious cons but after using this for over a couple years there are some items that could be improved to make it go from very good to great. (Make it easy to make changes to subcontractor contacts on the fly, providing more options for reports, better customer service platform, etc.)

Colton
Urbanisme et architecture, 11–50 employés

BuildingConnected Review

Commentaires : My overall experience is solid with BuildingConnected. This is one software that I wish every GC used to send bid invites because I know exactly where everything is and it is easy to navigate.

Everything that I need to access is clearly labeled and separated from each other. This makes the software very user friendly. Files are labeled clearly and easy to view in quick view or to be downloaded.

Features on this software are great. I would say the one thing I like least about BuildingConnected is having to spell out our scope of work when sending documents in. For example, the drop down list that explains what work we do did not provide an option that was close to what we do which is landscape and irrigation. This can go with sending in proposals as well, I have to type out the scope of work which makes it seem less professional.

Al
Director of Estimating (Canada)
Design, 201–500 employés

Bid Management

Commentaires : Time saving and reduction on number of emails to bid coordinator.

The bid management software is very easy to use across multiple users and makes it easy to assign jobs and have multiple viewers of documents and quotes while still assigning the project to one person. This has cut down on the emails cluttering my inbox and if very effective and time-saving.

I think some of the data capturing and statistics functions need to be improved, at least we have not found reports that are as useful to us in the construction business where we don't always hear results on our bids right away.

Glenda
Procurement Administrator (Canada)
Construction, 10 000+ employés

Very User Friendly

Commentaires : It is user friendly. Easy to access the information and create specific lists/templates for the trades we are currently using or hoping to use on future projects.

How easy it is to access the information I am looking for. Sharing information, such as files is easy as well as adding team members to a group or trades to a list.

When a trades information changes - you have to rely on them to update their information.

Ryan
Estimator (Canada)
Construction, 501–1 000 employés

Tender Invites for the 20th Century

Commentaires : Overall, Building Connected is still the best option I have looked at. There are a few minor tweaks that would make the software by far the best on the market

Ease of inviting trades Bid leveling software Visibility through company and colleges Easy to create teams

Confusion on updating contact info Adding trades from database is time consuming Adding trades by the slider still requires manual correction

Linda
Project Coordinator (É.-U.)
Construction, 51–200 employés

Well Organized and easy to manage

Commentaires : We are able to keep all our Projects up for Bid together and it helps that all employees invited to BC can use, store and keep notes so others can see.

Everything is put together for easy use. There is places to write company notes endless storage space for documents and Plans. Easy to delete and replace employees or outside vendors. Love that we can keep track of analytics. Bids can be sent straight from building connected.

I don't like that jobs get doubled up, and you can't group 2 different groups together .

Sandi
Senior Estimator (É.-U.)

Building Connected 01

Commentaires : I have used many different software programs before and this is by far the easiest to use.

This software is easy to use and you can quickly set up a project and get it out the door. When you pull the bar on a project you typically get a lot of coverage, which is very helpful.

I do not like that you cannot update information when you know it is incorrect. When you suggest an edit, you never know if it is actually changed or not.