Avis clients sur Oracle PeopleSoft

Especialista de RRHH
Automobile, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 25/08/2018

"People Soft"

Commentaires: My experience has been excellent with Oracle to fulfill the functions related to the tasks I perform daily, in this system I get information that my supervisor asks me, useful information to accomplish tasks assigned by other departments, income movements and expenditures among other assignments .

Avantages: The Oracle system is an excellent tool to comply with organizational processes. It is very important to keep the organizational structure in order and to ensure that when making a movement within the structure the changes are made as accurately as possible without affecting the business in any way.

Inconvénients: I do not consider that the Oracle system has disadvantages, it is necessary to have an administrator who knows the regulations so that no changes are made without authorization. It is a system that allows you to do everything related to the entry and exit of personnel as well as all the movements of promotions and transfers.

• Publié le 25/08/2018
Shana W.
Office Coordinator
Enseignement supérieur, 5 001-10 000 employés
  • Publié le 07/05/2020

"Oracle PeopleSoft Complicated but Functional"

Commentaires: Overall it was challenging first but once you get the hang of it the Software has so many uses and makes my job a little easier that I don’t have to use so many different platforms to access my information as well as the students

Avantages: I use Oracle PeopleSoft is a multifaceted Software and has so many different capabilities and options that keep everything on our campus streamlined from payroll, personal data like direct deposit performance evaluations, queries, student worker data and many more options

Inconvénients: Since there are so many options and capabilities Oracle PeopleSoft is intimidating at first glance/use. It took some time to get used to navigating between the different screens, learning shortcuts, which buttons to use and when. Still learning all that this Software has to offer

• Publié le 07/05/2020
Academic Advisor
Gestion de l'enseignement, 10 000+ employés
  • Publié le 12/06/2019

"Oracle PeopleSoft: Leaving More to Be Desired"

Commentaires: We do have to create our own database to store student enrollment data and license information, as PeopleSoft does not allow for this function. I have seen the capabilities of StarFish and as far as reach out or mass communication I do think that Peoplesoft if far behind in this area. My wish list would include more customization features with patch updates, or the ability to have unique users create their own dashboard areas and customize what they see for students, as the general information can mean multiple pages of digging through things to find the one piece of data you may need.

Avantages: I think the range of what this software can accomplish in a university setting does encompass a good amount of things. For example, as a current advisor using this software to do things such as student checks and advising notes, but knowing that our HR systems can be supported by this too, is interesting. This software does allow for reporting data to be pulled into excel documents which I appreciate, as there are not too many steps or manipulation that needs to be done. For example, using the query viewer functions we can pull reports to look at profiles or enrollment.

Inconvénients: Student groups and terms can sometimes make it difficult to look at a wide variety of data. One of the harder functions about the query viewer is that when we pull reports, while easy to pull...we have to establish terms that we are looking at, or set up perimeters for student group data to be pulled appropriately. We have had to work quite closely with our OIT team to get this done, and when we do pull reports we are only able to pull one term at a time, and then re-open the query viewer and then pull another report with another term date which can be a pain. The lack of customization in certain areas can be frustrating as well. I do wish the advising areas we use in the system had more room for departments to customize to their standards. But to comply with the university standards we must have one set office that can determine what we do as far as making note areas unique, for example.

• Publié le 12/06/2019
Senior Accountant
Banque, 10 000+ employés
  • Publié le 01/07/2020

"Very flexible system, easy to use"

Commentaires: Once you know the system well, it is very easy to build the report or journal entries for pretty much any requirements. The system is very flexible and it is really useful when you are trying to find a particular number or transaction in large company

Avantages: Easy to learn, easy to navigate system. Once you are comfortable with one version of People Soft, you can easily adopt to upgrades. It is almost impossible to post out of balance journal ( system protects itself). Account mapping is not complicated, but does require knowledge of People Soft and accounting itself ( like ability to do T accounts). I worked on People Soft in the very large and medium one, People Soft worked well in both companies

Inconvénients: Some variety of People Soft do not allow to run across different business units and this is quite painful for accounting group during month end close. Crystal reports could be very tricky and have a tendency to slow down at the inopportune moments.

• Publié le 01/07/2020
Ashley K.
customer service anaylst
Assurance, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 21/01/2020

"PeopleSoft"

Commentaires: I use people soft at least 2/3 times a day to pull up my personal information and review recent changes without having to call my employer

Avantages: Makes making Human resource changes such as address/phone very easy. I am able to find most of of the things I am looking too. This includes changing my tax exemptions, updating beneficiaries, looking at my time I have avail. ETC

Inconvénients: I have no issues at all with people soft everything is easily able to pull up and it always at hand.

• Publié le 21/01/2020
Former Fiscal Manager
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 27/07/2020

"Poorly designed"

Avantages: Not much. The financial portion was pretty limited but it made it sort of easy to understand without too much training.

Inconvénients: The HR product was godawful. Payroll Expense Transfers would take hours to complete bc costs would go to 2 decimals but percentages to 3, and the system would automatically round up to costs that actually weren’t there if the two were at odds. Sometimes this would happen I should say, and it wasn’t consistent. Total waste of time for something that shouldn’t happen.

• Publié le 27/07/2020
Sabrina Y.
Department Business Administrator
  • Publié le 03/12/2019

"Decent product by a leading provider"

Commentaires: Overall it is a decent product, there are some inefficiencies within the program; however, I believe this could be fixed based on the buildout for the organization and what developers identify is needed.

Avantages: One of the main features I love about this product is the development of reports and queries. It also allows reports to be exported into various formats as well.

Inconvénients: Some of the processes within the program are redundant. Requesting information can be a bit inefficient because the program requests various steps to produce one report or functionality within the system.

• Publié le 03/12/2019
Aundrea H.
Accounting Tech
Services financiers, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 18/06/2020

"Great for Keeping Student Records"

Avantages: I work at a University and we use this daily in the financial services department. We keep track of student accounts and how much they owe the school, prior payments, and other records. I have never used another program to compare this to but I also haven't had many issues.

Inconvénients: It was a little tricky to get used to, but it's effective for keeping student accounts.

• Publié le 18/06/2020
Kelly S.
Manager. Global Learning and Human Resource Service Center
Produits pharmaceutiques, 10 000+ employés
  • Publié le 05/12/2019

"PeopleSoft HR"

Commentaires: I've worked with PeopleSoft for over 25 years, it's evolved exponentially and continues to serve its purpose every day!

Avantages: Accessibility, ease of use and ability to customize as needed.
I find the self-service options useful as well.

Inconvénients: Query tool is not intuitive to general user.
Creating and modifying queries requires technical expertise that the general user does not have.

• Publié le 05/12/2019
Paul G.
ISC
Services financiers, 10 000+ employés
  • Publié le 26/08/2020

"PPLSFT"

Commentaires: The overall experience was actually pretty good despite the fact that JHRPS moved away

Avantages: this product was bare bones, which was kind of nice. There was not much complexity to the tool so it was easy to use.

Inconvénients: Limitations played key role in JHRPS moving away from peoplesoft. It is no user-friendly, but once you learn the product it was pretty easy.

• Publié le 26/08/2020
Jenny M.
Brand Director
Internet, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 26/04/2018

"I used PeopleSoft for nearly 4 years at my last job at an advertising agency."

Avantages: I like that there's such a wide breadth of what can be accomplished within PeopleSoft time sheets, expense reports, financial reports, PTO portals, opening job numbers for projects and much, much more. I like that our company used it as a main medium for so many different things. It's much easier when things are centralized in one platform. Once you know how to use PeopleSoft, it can be one of your best friends. It can be a guiding tool to help better so many departments of a company. It helped me understand the ins and outs and track financials of projects much more vividly than I'd be able to otherwise. My most productive and proactive days at my old job included getting the most out of PeopleSoft and checking in on all of my various jobs (financials, open / close statuses, new jobs, etc.).

Inconvénients: PeopleSoft is not user friendly until it's knocked into your head. I was given a manual when I started working at my old company and I had to reference this manual for literally years until it became second nature. There are too many steps and too many clicks to get to the finish line in nearly any task on PeopleSoft. And you have to know what buttons to press to yield a certain result. There are no guides to help you along the way. If you don't have a manual from someone at your job in your SPECIFIC position, you will undoubtedly be lost for a long time. The buttons to press are jibberish, honestly. Often times the buttons you need to press to get to the next page during a process of a task are just random numbers or random letters. I got so used to the program so I knew exactly what to press and when to press it but it took a very long time to get to that point. Even when I did, though, I found the program tedious and overly time consuming.

• Publié le 26/04/2018
Bonnie M.
instructor
Enseignement supérieur, 201-500 employés
  • Publié le 29/08/2018

"PeopleSoft"

Commentaires: I have used PeopleSoft (PS) since 2005 and in various positions/capacities at two different institutions. I've worked through three major upgrades, two HR/CMS splits, and COUNTLESS bundles and test runs. I've used helped design brand new pages, update/upgrade/improve the information and functionality of existing pages, created security tables, granted users access, entered data, and manipulated/created other data so that others could query that data for their needs. I've trained dozen of faculty and staff how to navigate through PS and how to use PS to access needed data and/or run pre-formatted queries and reports. It is robust database management system and I could not do my job without it!

Avantages: I've used PeopleSoft both in what some would call the "vanilla" version, and also a "modified" to fit the specific needs of the organization, and/or department level version. What impresses me is that it is just that - modifiable, and can be programmed (if you have the people and know-how) to program it to do what you need. Being able to query data from many different tables can really save time and effort, which in turn saves manpower hours/money.

Inconvénients: It's a silly wish, but I wish PeopleSoft allowed the users to change the color of their individual display and settings - like the color of the background, or the size and type and color of font. I'm sure there's a way to do it, but it is managed by the SUPER Administrative users and "powers that be".... and it's probably an all or nothing kind of thing. I'm in the program 8 hours a day, and all that WHITE background and tiny font...let me jazz it up and make it my own like MS allows.

• Publié le 29/08/2018
Nancy A.
Risk Management
Banque, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 06/02/2020

"PeopleSoft General Ledger Review"

Commentaires: PeopleSoft has proven to be an adequate general ledger tool over time, and functionalities such as reports and queries that are available on a default basis have been useful to us. We are aware however, that customization of reports and queries would increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the system specific to our organization, but find it difficult to have time to focus on that.

Avantages: PeopleSoft is a good general ledger software and has a number of built in functionalities that help with properly accounting for transactions and for analyzing data through the use of reports and queries. With a relatively small amount of training, most accounting staff members on my team were able to effectively and efficiently use the system.

Inconvénients: We converted to PeopleSoft as part of an overall organization-wide system upgrade, and the initial setup and integration with other systems was challenging. We had a learning curve at the start and to some degree were in a position to only identify an issue after something went wrong. This created challenges in our fast-paced accounting environment. As time went on after the implementation, our experience grew and issues decreased.

• Publié le 06/02/2020
Finance Administrator
  • Publié le 16/04/2019

"Great software to be used in Government"

Commentaires: The software fulfills my daily tasks at work, it's great to have such a great positive experience.

Avantages: Many functions combined to make it a great software. We use the following, Supply Chain Management, Revenue Management, Financial Management and Human Capital Management.
All these functions work nicely together, being able to transfer information from one platform to another.
The system response is fast, although there are many users who are using it and running reports at the same time.
Reports are easy to run and can be customized in any of the platforms. The IT people have done a great job to keep the system online and functioning to its best.
The best thing is being able to Log in once, and from there, you're able to submit an expense claim, search for a job, submit a vacation request, etc. The software can handle anything.

Inconvénients: New users face a hard time to understand the many functions.
There are many links/options that makes it tough to get the information needed without investing the time to understand what every function does. Where too many clicks are needed to get to where you want to be.

• Publié le 16/04/2019
SR Business Analyst Project Lead
Enseignement supérieur, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 30/07/2018

"ERP on Overdrive"

Commentaires: The software suites are totally integrated, and reporting is a breeze. The user community is large and stretches from most industry. The global country codes make the ERP easier to work with minor config changes.

Avantages: I like the Oracle suite of software as all their modules are integrated. If you are working on the LMS you do not have to worry about reentering data back into the system as HCM module has already sync through daily batch processes.
Customer support and white pages are helpful in troubleshooting issues and resolving problems from other solutions provided.
The software application is easily customizable, but if you opt for the cloud solution this may not be as available as the on-premise.

Inconvénients: The software suites as a whole are expensive, with more competition such as Workday, Ellucian Banner, Microsoft Dynamics the competition is furious.
The ERP will require an army of support staff such as Business Analyst, Database Analyst, Report Analyst and System Analyst which is very expensive. However, if you select the cloud versions than you may see additional savings.

• Publié le 30/07/2018
Deepali D.
Software Development Analyst
Logiciels, 10 000+ employés
  • Publié le 05/08/2018

"Peoplesoft is a ERP tool which make easy organization work."

Commentaires: it helps to make organization work easy.

Avantages: I have done work on peopleosoft financial as developer .Oracle has given almost everything in ERP. What is good in this tool it make easy to track any organization work.Good thing is it makes easy to understand application for both i.e for developer and for client because both knows the functional of application so client easily can tell what is exact their requirement and as developer knows about ERP so for them it is easy to do changes what exact client want.For any organization it helps to reduce extra cost and time on organization finance system or HR system because Peopesoft ERP handle everything.

Inconvénients: it is very old ERP now I prefer to select workday or fusion over peoplsoft because they have lot of new features which make easy to understand ERP but in peoplesoft it is little bit time taking process to understand functional. Many bugs you will get and for them Oracle has not given any patches in new release.

• Publié le 05/08/2018
Jared H.
HRIS Manager
Hôpitaux et soins de santé, 1 001-5 000 employés
  • Publié le 31/10/2019

"Good Product with Lots of Features But Difficult to Maintain"

Commentaires: A very good tool, that was feature rich and allowed you to build custom business process, but you could you shoot yourself in the foot with the customization, and get stuck doing custom processes.

Avantages: I like how customizable the tool is to match whatever business process you have. It has strong reporting capabilities and can handle very complex process.

Inconvénients: With the customization we had to do lots of regression testing when new updates came out. Sometimes this broke our customization and required much more work.

• Publié le 31/10/2019
Lee M.
Program Coord.
E-learning, 501-1 000 employés
  • Publié le 30/11/2018

"PEOPLESOFT"

Commentaires: I started off using a DOS mainframe system until we upgraded to PeopleSoft. It was almost like comparing apples to oranges, but now I see it is really like comparing mandarin oranges to big, juicy naval oranges!

Avantages: I think one of the best features about PeopleSoft is its ability to manage large amounts of data/records. I’ve been using it now for over a decade and it can do so much more now than it could 10 years ago. I also love being able to find data using queries. If you have someone who knows how to write queries in PeopleSoft there isn’t anything you can’t find – if it has a header Field you can find it – it might take a few JOINs to get at the data, but it’s doable!

Inconvénients: One of the things that I like least about PeopleSoft is it isn’t very intuitive sometimes. I know it is a database system and I know that it is a hierarchy database system, but sometimes it just seems like the navigation to get to a particular page or record is less than logical.

• Publié le 30/11/2018
Jonathon C.
Accountant - Sponsored Project Accountant
  • Publié le 23/01/2019

"Peoplesoft is not the most user friendly"

Commentaires: I work in the university and we use this system in order to process invoices in the system and send invoices out in a timely fashion to our customers in order to receive payments. The benefits that I see from this system is that there are many queries that you can write into the system in order to become more efficient resolving issues.

Avantages: I like that there is much that you can do on it in order to manage the business needs of an office. There are many links and tools that can be used on this software from processing invoices to creating queries to help be more efficient, to being able to do checks out of the system.

Inconvénients: The system works way too slow. Its a slow system that makes it difficult to be productive at work. Sometime it takes me 15 - 20 minutes just to process one invoice which is way too long with the high volume of invoices I have to process.

• Publié le 23/01/2019
Research Advancement Administrator Sr.
  • Publié le 10/09/2018

"Clunky and Slow"

Avantages: You can add frequently used reports or screens to your My Favorites list for easy access. The Worklist functionality makes it easy to see what PTRs (Personnel Transaction Requests) are awaiting your action.

Inconvénients: PeopleSoft is clunky and slow. I spend so much of my day watching the blue loading icon cycle. The reports have long names that aren't very intuitive, e.g. Commit Accting Cross-Reference shows you what positions are currently assigned to a particular account. There are hundreds of different roles to be able to view, create, and approve different requests. The role titles and descriptions are confusing, and they aren't grouped by job function. Whenever you hire a new person, it's exhausting to figure out what roles they will need to perform their job.

• Publié le 10/09/2018
Rachel H.
Loan Officer
Gestion de l'enseignement, 5 001-10 000 employés
  • Publié le 28/02/2020

"Cumbersome"

Commentaires: Overall, it's been extremely uneven. I've learned it now, so I wouldn't love switching, but I would agree that another product would be superior.

Avantages: Once you learn it, it's OK. It does give you the ability to favorite screens, which speeds things up.

Inconvénients: There are truly a long list of things that I don't like, but one of the biggest is that everything is a mod request. The favorites sometimes attach themselves to the ID of the student that was on the screen at the time, and then I have to watch EVERY SINGLE TIME to be sure that I'm on the right student. Comments? Can't be edited or deleted. Not fun. Plus, it times out on me ALL the time. If it does? It won't restart properly for me fo the next half hour, so I'm always toggling between multiple browsers.

• Publié le 28/02/2020
Office Assistant
Services financiers, 5 001-10 000 employés
  • Publié le 09/09/2019

"PeopleSoft"

Avantages: There is a lot that can be done with this software. My current job requires us to use this software as well as the university where I am currently a student. Part of my job is to generate expense reports or fund equity reports as well as create and update vouchers through this software and so far it has been productive.

Inconvénients: When I generate reports, it takes about 3 minutes per report. I usually have to generate reports for multiple departments so in order to save time, I like to initiate the process for all of them so that I can multitask and save time. Unfortunately when I do that, the system gets confused and doesn't register when I pick a different department and ends up generating 2 of the same report. I think that is something that they can optimize better.

• Publié le 09/09/2019
Specialist
Secteur maritime
  • Publié le 07/03/2018

"Easy Data exrraction, Customised query handling, Transaction drill down options, Data Integrity"

Commentaires: Client Satisfaction. Since am from FPA industry, any kind of questions regarding the upward or downward movements of revenue , expenses etc could be answered easily using the data we can download from this application. Variety of domains can be handled, for eg:- i have used the same app in IT as well as in Finance. So its a dynamic one. Easy adaptability

Avantages: Any journal transaction can be easily queried for details using multiple key fields. Data handling is very easy, also there is option for custom made query according to our requirements

Inconvénients: Huge data download takes sometime and it can be fully downloaded only through email options. Limitation of transaction lines in direct download

• Publié le 07/03/2018
Breanne M.
Construction, 11-50 employés
  • Publié le 01/10/2018

"PO Processing"

Commentaires: Overall the program is amazing and invoice tracking, tracking of GLs and budgets. It helps to consolidate reports to get an overall picture of where you budget is at for various properties. This is a great software for commercial property management.

Avantages: This program is great for processing of POs. It helps to connect both the original PO to the invoice and then offsets once payment is completed. It has amazing reports that can be run project specific so you always know if you job is on budget.

Inconvénients: This program can be quite cumber-sum and hard to teach to new employees. It is not very intuitive and requires lots of training.

• Publié le 01/10/2018
Machines, 501-1 000 employés
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 6 à 12 mois
  • Publié le 15/10/2019

"Hidden Menus Make Favorites a Necessity"

Commentaires: I have only been at the company for less than 6 months yet I can still see where this software helps the college work through the entire student experience from enrollment, financial aid, transcript evaluations, etc.

Avantages: This software is designed to handle the college needs. It does this in simple, easy to read screens with large fonts. If a user finds it hard to remember the location of screen within hidden menus, there is the option of creating a customized list of favorites. The majority of the tasks I do throughout the day are easy to handle with PeopleSoft.

Inconvénients: The view Customer Account screen is awful. It doesn't follow the basic chart of accounts and order of credit/debits paid on students original balance. When credits are applied to the students' account, it makes it a challenge to identify where all the money was applied. There are many hidden functions and this takes a separate training session to learn.

• Publié le 15/10/2019