Avis clients sur Square Point of Sale

4,7 (2 234) Écrivez votre avis !

En savoir plus sur Square Point of Sale

Square POS est une solution de point de vente complète qui offre une suite d'outils allant du suivi des ventes et des stocks à l'analytique approfondie.

En savoir plus sur Square Point of Sale

The cost was great for me to start out. It was very easy to train staff on the system as well.

It was a little confusing to get started because we were using a mobile device.

Square Point of Sale - Notes

Square Point of Sale a reçu une note globale de 4,7 étoiles sur 5 d'après 2 234 avis d'utilisateurs publiés sur Capterra.

Avez-vous déjà utilisé Square Point of Sale ?

Filtrer les avis (2 233)

Daniel
Daniel
Senior Pastor
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Unspecified

Square POS User Review

5,0 il y a 8 mois
Sous-titres en français disponibles pour la vidéo
Mathieu
Directeur (Canada)

Une solution!

3,0 il y a 2 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : Satisfait

La simplicité d'utilisation et les possibilités variées pour vendre en ligne. J'aime l'accesibilité des terminaux de paiement.

Les frais de transaction deviennent dispendieux lorsque le volume de vente augmente

Khalid
Khalid
content writer (Inde)
Gestion de l'enseignement, 11-50 employés

NO.1 FREE POS - Square POS | Best for online payment processing and invoice management

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : My overall experience with app/software/SAAS can be summed in the follwing points: A. The given app/software/SAAS has been solving the following business problems :
- multiple payment processings
- invoice creation
-mobile app payments
- attract more customers
- revenue generation
B. i have been able to realize the following benefits with the help of the given app/software/SAAS :
- bring the payment systems to online
- making offline business transform into online business
- allows customers to pay using either credit or debit or mobile payments with and without contact
- helped build trusted business brand and brand reputation among customers
-easy to setup all functionalities at affordable fees

i found the following features as most impactful: - lightweight, quick payment processing and mobile - best sales database management - builds consumer confidence with its ease of use and real-time payment updates. - affordable & reliable - phone app allows payments at all locations. Yes the product is quite easy to use for: - payments -invoicing with customers full details -mobile payments - pulling sales reports - contactless payments Yes i was successfully able to implement the integration of the app/software/SAAS with my existing business processes quite smoothly and easily as i could set it up with a little self-help, effort, and online training guides..

I found the following features that were either missing or could be improved: - difficulty in card reading for payments and chip card reading - could be made in other dark colors instead of WHITE - features to make payments by consumers using heir online square account - fees could be reduced further, - better connectivity and tutorials to use needed I found the following features or aspects of the product that are difficult to use: - freelancers do not get more options - complex to understand the POS platform - manual entry of chargeable dollar amounts - non-availability of phone support - difficult to customize No, the integration of the app/software/SAAS with my existing business processes not so much difficult as i could set it up with a little self-help, effort, and online training guides.

Caitlyn
Store Runner (É.-U.)
Divertissement, 2-10 employés

Alternatives envisagées :

Square Point of Sale is a LifeSaver!

5,0 il y a 2 mois

Commentaires : My overall experience with Square POS has been a good one. For the last seven years that I have used this product, I have not had any serious issues. It is very efficient, organized, easy to use, and they made it very easy for me to reach customers I otherwise would not have been able to help. So if I had to start all over again, I would once again choose Square.

I like its ease of use, the fact they make their features very "what you see is what you get" so I don't have to spend much time training others on how to use it if I have need to. I like the fact that everything is very clear and organised for optimum efficiency. I can get to anything I need in a matter of seconds without having to jump through hoops just to find the features I need at any given time. If you are someone who is just getting started with a small business, I would definitely recommend using Square POS, because it took me from barely doing barely any business to having a growing community of customers practically overnight. All thanks to how convenient and easy the software is for customers and business owners.

Thus far, in the last seven years I have used this product, there really hasn't been anything I have found that I REALLY dislike about it. It's a very simple uncomplicated software and that is what is so great about it. So nothing negative to say.

Ezra
Meubles, 2-10 employés
Temps d'utilisation du logiciel : Essai gratuit

Free Trial isn't Free for everything

2,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : I signed up for their free trial and after setting up for my payroll and point of sale but after 2 weeks was getting billed for the "extra" features which all should be included in the free trial. They were taking money out my account I had set aside for other things and when

I like that it has a lot of features. You can rub your whole buisness with Squares software.

I don't like that you have to download more software for each section you sign up for. They square POS Square Payroll And square POS so things get confusing sometimes.

Megan
Physical therapist (É.-U.)

Alternatives envisagées :

Square for small healthcare mobile practice

5,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : Overall, this is a great system and it's very easy to use to quickly collect payments for our services in the home on our mobile devices. It has a lot of features that allow you to send receipts, invoices, and collect payments securely in order to remain HIPAA complaint. You can also sign a BAA to show this as a healthcare practice, which is very important. Many clients are also familiar with Square, so they feel comfortable with you using it to process payments.

I like that it is reliable and convenient to use for our mobile practice. With us having to pack up equipment and take it back out at each client, it is nice that the system is able to be used on our cell phones and stores neatly into the pocket of our treatment bag. It is easy to connect and use even when mobile service is a bit spotty. We have not had a missed or returned payment. It is also easy to swipe through and gives the option to send a receipt that the client can access right then on their mobile device or in their email.

The biggest complaint that I have is the lightning connector adapter's stem is a bit short for use with a lot of phone cases. If the phone case is extra protective, the stem isn't long enough to reach the lightning port. It can be annoying to have to remove the case in a client's home in order to access the port so that payments can be taken.

IT specialist (É.-U.)

Square Point of Sale Review

5,0 il y a 3 semaines Nouveau

Commentaires : My overall experience with Square Point of Sale was okay. I have no problem setting it up and start taking payments and sending invoice but there were a few features that were missing and I wish I new about it before I implemented the system.

The software is extremely simple to use and setup. I have problem setting it up and get it ready to take payments.

While Square has its strength, it also has several weaknesses like some feature are missing such as being able to enter the item quantity without having to keep adding the item. Many receipt printer also do not work with Square.

Mark
Immobilier, 2-10 employés

Alternatives envisagées :

Works well as a small business POS system

5,0 il y a 2 mois

Commentaires : Easy to track inventory and sales, so we can reorder the most popular items and not run out as often as we did in the past.

Easy to deploy and use and can be modified as to items on the POS system as often as you need to change things.

You need to have a really good wifi signal for the POS to work as easily and reliably as possible, otherwise it ends up having to work 'offline', which can be a problem if you happen to get a bad credit card presented for payment. Note, this has happened only a few times, but it is a possibility for locations (such as ours) where we use the iPad with Square, outside our building frequently. Tip, we solved this by adding a wifi extender to cover the outdoor space.

Amanda
Impression, Auto-entrepreneur

I Love Square

5,0 il y a 2 mois

Commentaires : Overall, I love Square. I tell my clients it's so easy to use and was a game changer for my small business. Many clients are so surprised when I can swipe their credit card in person, but also send invoices via email for the remaining balance. The vast majority of my clientele says "Wow, that really was easy!"

Square is so easy to use as a small business owner. I create invoices for clients and it's easy to split the payments between deposit and remaining balances. I also send contracts and it's very simple for clients to agree to each term.

I'd love to be able to download my quarterly sales before tax. This way, it'd streamline my sales tax payments to the state.

Maria
Designer (É.-U.)
Design, Auto-entrepreneur

Best payment processing platform

5,0 il y a 2 semaines Nouveau

I love how easy it is to use due to their very friendly interface. Also, customer service is THE BEST, super fast response and they do everything to fix problems. The processing fees are very low and it's totally worthy to pay them since the platform never fails or produces errors (I've never experienced double charges or any mistakes on their end). Also, they conduct good research in case a customer files a claim or a refund, which is very different in other platforms that will just grant the claim with little to no research

So far I haven't found anything I don't like about this app. The issues I've encountered were promptly fixed by customer service

Kristina
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés

Alternatives envisagées :

Square Point of Sale for the Win!

5,0 le mois dernier Nouveau

Commentaires : I have had the best experiences with Square Point of Sale. Customer Service is amazing, and the help I have received when I needed help while in the process of helping a customer.

This product was easy to use, very reliable, quick, and popular. Customers are pleased to see small businesses in my home town offering Square.

I couldn't even think about anything missing in this product or software. It should be the number one point of sale product that people think of, due to how amazing it is. I couldn't ask for a safer and better to offer my small business or my customers

Digital Director (É.-U.)
Institutions religieuses, 2-10 employés

Selling and Inventory Made Simple

5,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : Overall, Square delivers a simple and easy system to implement. This is important when you have train volunteers, especially on short notice.

We are a small organization that relies on volunteers to help manage sales of merch, food, etc.

Setting up POS devices with iPhones or iPads can be cumbersome at times.

document controller (Égypte)
Construction, 10 000+ employés

Square Point of Sale Pricing, Features, Reviews and Alternatives

4,0 il y a 2 mois Nouveau

Commentaires : Square is a mobile payment platform that allows businesses to accept credit and debit cards through their mobile devices. Square provides its users with a simple, secure way to accept payments, while also offering them the ability to track their transactions and manage their finances. Square is a popular choice among small businesses because it allows them to accept credit and debit cards without the hassle of having to set up an account. Square also makes it easy for businesses to track their transactions and manage their finances, which can be especially helpful for small businesses that may not have the time or the resources to set up an accounting system. Additionally, Square’s mobile app is easy to use, which can make it even easier for small businesses to accept payments.
This is a great choice for small businesses that want to accept credit and debit cards without the hassle of setting up an account.

The Square Point of Sale software is easy to use and offers a wide variety of features. It is easy to configure and set up, and it offers a lot of customization options. It is also very easy to use, which makes it very convenient for businesses to use. It also offers a lot of functionality, which makes it very useful for businesses. The software is very intuitive, which makes it easy for businesses to use. It also offers a lot of customization options, which makes it easy for businesses to customize the software to their needs. The software is very user-friendly, which makes it easy for businesses to use. It also offers a lot of customization options, which makes it easy for businesses to customize the software to their needs. The software is very easy to use, which makes it easy for businesses to use. It also offers a lot of customization options, which makes it easy for businesses to customize the software to their needs. The software is very user-friendly, which makes it easy for businesses to use. It also offers a lot of customization options, which makes it easy for businesses to customize the software to their needs. The software is very easy to use, which makes it easy for businesses to use. It also offers a lot of customization options, which makes it easy for businesses to customize the software to their needs. The software is very user-friendly, which makes it easy for businesses to use. It also offers a lot of customization options, which makes it easy for business

Square is a great POS system. It's easy to set up and use, and it's very customizable. It's also very easy to use. The software is easy to navigate, and it has a lot of features. Square is a very simple system to use, but it's also very powerful. It's very easy to set up and use, and it has a lot of features. Square is very simple to use, but it's also very powerful. It's very easy to set up and use, and it has a lot of features. Square is very simple to use, but it's also very powerful. It's very easy to set up and use, and it has a lot of features. Square is very simple to use, but it's also very powerful. It's very easy to set up and use, and it has a lot of features. Square is very simple to use, but it's also very powerful. It's very easy to set up and use, and it has a lot of features. Square is very simple to use, but it's also very powerful. It's very easy to set up and use, and it has a lot of features. Square is very simple to use, but it's also very powerful. It's very easy to set up and use, and it has a lot of features. Square is very simple to use, but it's also very powerful. It's very easy to set up and use, and it has a lot

Molly
Salon Owner / Esthetician (É.-U.)
Services aux consommateurs, 2-10 employés

Square - Pros and Cons

4,0 il y a 3 mois

Commentaires : My overall experience with Square as a Point of Sale is mostly positive. We have transitioned our appointments and reports away from Square due to the lack of reports and really only use this POS for online transactions or if we were to do an event outside of our Brick and Mortor. I think this is a positive system that can and does benefit many businesses. For ours we needed more detailed and extensive reports and better transaction fees for our day to day transactions with our customers.

I loved that Square was so easy to start up and operate immediately. It literally takes minutes to set up and the hardware once it is sent to you is the simplest set up. I think the biggest appeal to Square is that it is fool proof and anyone can get this POS to work for them. The second biggest YES for this product is that it is super easy to take with you to offer card payment options to clients while you are outside of your brick and motor. I think offline payments and the option to take payments on their app through the mobile card swiper is a huge selling point to Square customers.

I feel the cost of the transaction to the business owner is quite high when compared to other companies. They have one of the highest if not the highest transaction costs. Some owners will charge this back to their customers via a fee (which is illegal in some states) and others could just cushion this cost of doing business into their service prices but it is worth mentioning that it is something not so great about Square. The other not awesome part of Square is the reports. They are very mundane and not very extensive. It is quite clear that Square is a POS system that offers payment transactions first and later on enable the appointments and the reports. I hope to see much improvement with those back-end functions in the near future. It is imperative to a business owner to know what the health of the company looks like at any given moment and transactions is not even close to the only report necessary.

Sheri
Sheri
President and CEO (É.-U.)
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés

Alternatives envisagées :

Easy to set up, reliable, and with the features I need in my business!

5,0 il y a 4 mois

Commentaires : I set up Square after researching other options when I launched my business 4 years ago, and have been pleased with the choice ever since. I have considered other options since then but keep sticking with Square since they truly have what I need, and the time cost of switching has never been worth it to me.

The most important aspect of Square Point of Sale is the ability to set up monthly, quarterly, and annual recurring invoices. Its shocking other solutions don't offer this, or only offer it at VERY high levels of monthly investment. This is a user-friendly solution for my business and is easy to understand, set up, and get rolling right "out of the box."

The address book makes it a bit tough to set up the clients as a business, it's a bit more geared to selling to consumers. But I've been able to create a workaround to make it work for me (business name in one of the name fields). I also really would like to integrate Square better with QuickBooks but I think QB is the problem - QB is notoriously difficult to work with (VERY difficult!).

Jake
Marketing et publicité, 2-10 employés

Alternatives envisagées :

Every Business Needs Square Point of Sale!!!

5,0 il y a 5 mois

Commentaires : Square has seriously helped our business grow into what it is today. And we're still scaling. We can create subscriptions on the go, accept payments online, at events and easily export reports when we need them (super helpful when tax season is here).

The simplicity and ability to process payments and subscriptions on virtually any device and from any location is super key. And Square allows us to do this.

We don't really have many cons to report other than it would nice to have some of the new "premium" features included being that we pay about 3% per transaction already but we understand that operations need to be funded (and profitable).

Leng
Director of Operations (É.-U.)
Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif, 2-10 employés

Alternatives envisagées :

Square gets the job done

4,0 il y a 6 mois

Commentaires : My overall experience has been good. Square POS gets the job done. The user interfase could be more intuitive though, but in general it's ok.

I use square POS, but also as an online payment processor linked to Wix. We started using the simple and small POS at our organization, but then we upgraded to the one with the big screen and that was a big change. I particularly like about this one that the client is the one swiping the credit card and has privacy deciding on the tips. It allows to start and end the cash drawer, which helps to control the cash better. I also like that when there is no connection it goes to offline mode and one can still run transactions with it.

The part that I am unsatisfied with is that the integration with WIX does not capture names of events in the description of each transaction. Therefore it's tricky to categorize those transactions in the different income classes for our books. I have to do that by reconciling manually wix reports with square's.

Jacob
Manager/ Co-Founder (É.-U.)
Produits alimentaires, 11-50 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Square POS offers new and flexible use

Commentaires : Overall, I would 100% recommend Square for new businesses. Start up costs can be next to nothing and it doesn’t require someone to install it. And NO CONTRACTS :) You can then add on their additional features which should be able to sustain your businesses growth for as long as you need it too. In terms of switching to square, make sure your existing equipment can be reused .

Square is offering a software that is versatile and also nearly free for a new business that doesn’t have money to spend on start up costs or an existing business that has been ripped off from an expensive POS company. You can literally just use your iPhone with a card swipe. Or for the brick and mortars use their new and sleek looking square register. In terms of interface, Squares basic dashboard is free to the public and can be set up as fast as signing up for a email account. You can learn it’s navigation in a matter of minutes and you are able to subscribe for the extras you need like loyalty, gift cards or marketing. Very simple, very user friendly, and the support is actually helpful.

Switching from a POS company that requires a lot of upfront infrastructure and training, I don’t have a lot of bad things to say about squares POS and software other than the existing equipment they told us we could use hasn’t necessarily been easy to re use. Also you are not able to get as granular in customizing some features as other softwares

Mylinh
Acupuncturist (É.-U.)
Médecine douce, Auto-entrepreneur

Square POS app

Commentaires : This has been great with no problems! It allows me to bill anywhere and review my billing history. It gives me a breakdown of new clients and how many returning. One thing I would like to see change is the 1099 form. It only gives me one if I sell more than $20K in products a year. I would like to be less and more flexible for small business owners!

This is portable and accessible from anywhere. I also like that I can send invoices, schedule a time for it to send and set up reminders to the client!

On the initial setup, my profession was not setup up properly so I was not able to accept HSA or FSA credit cards. It was because there was no option for me as an alternative healthcare provider. Customer service helped me and my issue was fixed!!

Shannon
Licensed Cosmetologist (É.-U.)
Vente au détail, Auto-entrepreneur

Excellent POS Software

Commentaires : My overall experience with Square POS is amazing. I have recommended this app to so many people. I’ve known about this product since it’s beginning back when you could get a card reader for free on the mail. This app has always been a saving grace for me. Honestly I will never use any other POS.

This software is so EASY to use. Literally it’s a no brainer. I have used this app in conjunction with StylieOne which was an appointment scheduling app and it made collecting payments from my clients so simple. I love the sales and transaction reports that I have access to because it makes my life easier come tax time. Also this app sends you daily sales reports to your email. The equipment to use with the app is inexpensive.

There aren’t any cons to the service. Honestly it’s a great service all around. I can’t see how anyone would be disappointed.

Bill
owner (É.-U.)
Produits alimentaires, 2-10 employés

Good Day, Bad Day

Commentaires : I’m a bit sad. For 6 years I have been using “Shopkeep” as my point of sale software provider. This is my cash register, and where I enter my inventory descriptions, quantities, prices, customer data and pretty much everything about my business. My sales histories, credit card transactions and, most importantly, 6 years of sales and customer info is stored on a distant Shopkeep cloud…. I think?
Six years ago I recall sitting at my kitchen bar and doing endless Google searches and reading endless reviews about the many POS providers and finally narrowing it down to two or three. I absolutely wanted cloud-based with IPad terminals and a small footprint. After doing a few online demos, I chose Shopkeep. And now, six years later, this lukewarm POS marriage with counseling, a lot of arguments and the threat of separation… I started chatting with “Square”. Yep, Square is the biggest cloud-based, IPad POS provider in the country. I am not a sheep, and I hate going with the Walgreens or WalMart of POS systems, but after six years of Shopkeep, I think I finally know what I really want. And for fear of sounding too techie or like a spouse coming out of a bad relationship, I’ll just say, one of the many advantages of being a billion dollar company is you can hire the best developers and programmers money can buy. So, need I say more. It is a wonderful product and no one is even close as to how it operates.

It operates just like your mind works. It is so logical. It was so simple to upload my inventory and customer data.

No option for another color system. The white color sticks out like a sore thumb. Otherwise, I would say they nailed it.

Navine
Santé, bien-être et fitness, Auto-entrepreneur

Love Love Square

Commentaires : Overall, I prefer square any day over stripe and PayPal payments.

Love live square. Love that it can be used for both in store and online payments. It sync with my quickbooks which saves me a whole lot of time. It gives detail daily reports which includes best seller of the day, number of sales, number of products sold and what type of product sold, taxes paid, types of payment the customers used, plus it syncs with my online store inventory. Square gives you all the detail info you never realized you need till you need it all in one place. So easy to use and tailored for retailers. Love the Apple Pay feature too.

My big con with square integration is it doesn’t sync well with bigcommerce. By that I mean, my online sales gets imported as a custom order so there is no itemized list of what the customers bought. Also with bigcommerce, there is no way for me to take Apple Pay or other digital wallet payments. Square does have digital wallet payment options with their square space shopping cart. Fingers crossed they will fix this custom import stuff soon.

Hannah
Customer Service Representative (É.-U.)
Vente au détail, 2-10 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

Great for anyone wanting to start a business.

Commentaires : It's hard for me to find anything wrong with Square. We have never really been tempted by the competition, and I doubt we will be anytime soon. Perhaps if you are running a store with more products or customers you may benefit from a different system, but I would suggest Square to anyone starting out. You can get set up today, and your customers already know how to use it.

I was working as a barista in a new coffee location in my local town. The owner of the shop was pretty new to the industry, and didn't have a lot of business experience. She needed a way to run cards, and she was looking at a few different solutions, but I mentioned Square, and she ran to CVS and bought one right away. She wasn't very tech savvy, so I volunteered to get it set up. It probably took me less than an hour. The interface is a breeze to use, customers get it right away when they need to sign for charges or enter phone numbers. There were days that I was the only person on staff, using Square and running between the milk steamer and the register was a breeze. One feature we used often was using a cell phone to take orders while people waited in their cars. This allowed us to reduce the lines in our shop, and keep the morning rush moving. The flat rate pricing makes things extremely easy as well. As someone that is not an accountant, this made my life a lot easier.

Some of the reporting features can be confusing to read, and more than once have resulted in us blindly refunding customers. Sometimes the card readers gave us problems, but this was usually solved with a quick reset.

Manager (É.-U.)
Cabinets médicaux, 11-50 employés

Easiest and simplest way to start taking credit card payments for your office

Commentaires : Great. Simple and easy to use. People have said that their customer service is extremely hard to get hold of, but we have used it for 3 years and have had no reason to contact customer service.

Square POS was very easy to set up. The first card reader you receive (a simple plug in to an iPad or iPhone) was free. We created an account online, attached a bank account, and created a menu of items/services we provide. Then we simply chose photos for each service or product category so that it looks nicer in the app for our employees. The result was a very simple set up and a very clean looking POS. What's also nice is that Square POS is good at being able to refund patients if something was charged incorrectly. They also get receipts if they choose to via text message or email. Changing the prices and adding or deleting items on the service/products you sell is quite easy. You simply log in to the website and make changes. Also, you can turn in options such as giving customers a choice to tip or not. For being an office that used to take cash only, choosing Square POS was the way to go in entering the world of credit cards. We have no regrets and have no had problems. The correct amount of $$ we received (minus 2.75% of every transaction) gets deposited into our account every week. And we no longer have to hire a collections agency to go after those who don't have cash or mail in checks because they will simply pay through credit card now.

Square does take 2.75% of your transaction each time. You can find cheaper alternatives, but not with the ease of set up and use that comes with Square. The bigger con about Square POS is that if you have take a payment over the phone and manually type in their credit card information instead of typing it, they charge extra at 3.5% of the transaction. Also, the first card reader they send you is a simple swiper, but we found that it didn't always work well. Most cards these days have chips, and if you want a good and safer reading you'll want to purchase the Chip reader at $49. We don't regret the purchase though. Lastly, if you are a restaurant and choose to include the option to allow customers to tip, know that square takes 2.75% of your ENTIRE transaction (including the tip your customers add).

Joseph
Joseph
Édition, 2-10 employés

Own a business? You NEED this product!

Commentaires : If you're a business owner and you sell products or services, especially if you have multiple sites and/or have a mobile sales force, this product is a must. The access is easy, the interface is friendly, and the payment system is quick.

EASY to set up and use! In short time, we were able to set up our entire library online and make it simple to purchase and sell products. Once set up, everything is available to every member of team, so that one of our book sellers in California has access to the same products as a book seller in Michigan the moment the product is placed online. I also love that we can easily create multiple price points for products and can easily access them from the apps on various mobile devices, desktops etc... The percentages paid to Square are as small as any other you will find, and they deposit funds into your bank account within 24-hours, with same-day options available for an extra, nominal fee. The no hassle, ease-of-deposit, process is a MUST for our small business. Customer service has been off the charts good, and every small issue has been resolved quickly. I also love that so many web sites integrate with Square so that we can maintain one payment portal for 99% of what we do. The technology (swipe devices, Point of Sale stands, card tappers/reader...work flawlessly with each and every device we've thrown at them (iPhones, iPads, Android, laptop...) and they look good, too.

Honestly, there is little to NOT like about this system. I've tried several others and since switching to Square 5 years ago, I've never looked back.

Kristine
Executive Director ()
Musées et institutions, 2-10 employés
Source : SoftwareAdvice

After research, seemed like best choice on a small nonprofit's limited budget.

Commentaires : Our previous credit card processor charged us PCI compliance fee but didn't help us with our compliance issues. They were happy to charge an additional price. PCI noncompliance fee for more than a year. Switching our four physical locations and website to Square resolved those issues and saved those fees. Square Retail would no doubt help us more with inventory management, but we can't afford the extra monthly cost for the multiple locations. Software Advice and other review sites were very helpful in sorting through the hundreds of options and convincing our board that we could afford to make the switch to Square to help staff reduce time spent to manage both sales and inventory.

Fairly intuitive and forgiving (can back out of most screens if not sure where to find function you're looking for). Sales and national park visitor center staff really like the system, and have had little difficulty learning it. We have it set up with wi-fi on AT&T U-Verse and satellite internet and on a Verizon wireless-enabled iPad. Offline mode has worked during power interruptions and automatically uploaded sales when back online. Customer support has generally been top notch. Support Center has good information and comments from the Square community, though it can be a challenge to find the answer without fairly extensive searching. The Square stands, compatible printers, and cash drawers were easy to hook up and work well together. Straightforward pricing. Ability to accept multiple forms of payment with the Square chip reader and Virtual Terminal.

Would be extremely helpful to have searchable, downloadable start-up and user guides instead of having to cut and paste from web pages, which doesn't work well. We had to make a lot of phone calls to tech support during initial set-up, particularly for uploading inventory, because we couldn't find instructions online. Very time-consuming and tricky to upload inventory spreadsheet files that include multiple locations. After all the effort to upload, it appears that each item still has to have inventory tracking enabled manually. We assumed that's why we were entering all the inventory numbers into the spreadsheet. Moving inventory from one location to another also must be done manually. With desktop version of QuickBooks for Mac, Square's daily subtraction of fees for each location's sales vs. all fees charged once monthly by our previous processor has more than quadrupled the time needed to enter sales reports. Switching to cloud version of QuickBooks may help, as transactions can supposedly be downloaded to it. Had to purchase a third-party module to integrate our website's Magento Community ecommerce software with Square, but integration is very incomplete (total charge only is transferred to Square, not items sold, merchandise subtotal, member discount, or shipping charges). We accidentally entered some Virtual Terminal transactions with the wrong location selected and couldn't transfer them to the correct location. Tech support verified that the only option would have been to refund each transaction from the incorrect location and reenter them in the correct one. We bought a recommended scanner but found that we would have to manually replace our existing PLUs with very long barcode numbers for each item to use it.