Great tool for field to track time

Field Engineer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: This helps generate time sheets quick. The lack of auto update to the current day has caused some discrepancies that were caught before finalizing time. But these are a quick edit using either the web or the mobile app. Overall a good app with a simple purpose.

Avantages: It is fairly intuitive and easy for most foreman to start using with minimal instruction. Allows office to review whole job sites time very quickly.

Inconvénients: Some functions of the web app do not flow, you can't move from one function straight into the next. When entering time, you have to click done after scrolling for straight time then add overtime in. When creating timesheets using the web app, it takes too many clicks generate a time sheet before entering time. Craft workers and cost codes can not be selected more than one at a time. Also, I cannot add notes of any type to a time sheet, so I can't add quantities to a foreman's time sheet if they forget too

Rhumbix Review - Labor Management

Publié le 06/03/2019
Derek R.
Warehouse Operations
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Once you run through it a few times, it's quite easy to use from a functional standpoint. In my case, where I deal with all the project sites, it can get confusing when dealing with multiple cost codes as some are labeled the same but with different project numbers. I would like to be able to enter times through the internet portal/interface the same way I do through the app. Having a report or view to see employees times by project would be beneficial when managing labor for multiple projects.

Avantages: The software is transparent for the user.

Inconvénients: When updating or restarting, you lose all of your Project and Cost Codes. No Android interface. Internet portal/interface can only see time entered and edit said times; you can't enter new times, projects, or cost codes. If entering multiple times on multiple projects you have to remember which cost code is which since the project title isn't listed. Can't see weekly time form a project view.

envoyé par Rhumbix le 12/03/2019

Hey Derek, we hope the added transparency is helping you work smarter at Turner. happy to share we recently launched Rhumbix for Android. Thanks for the great feedback on your experience, we will pass it along.

Rhumbix

Richard R.
Design Engineer & Project Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Our ability to track the labor our projects and improve our tendencies is fantastic

Avantages: I initially liked the most that the customer service staff was always available to work through issues and customizations for the product. It seems as they've gotten larger they are more focused on the masses of their product which is understandable but would like implientations to not be sacrificed as much.

Inconvénients: It seems as though a lot of their updates are pushed through without proper beta testing and there ends up being a lot of obvious bugs. I also feel like there is a tendency to fix what isn't broke which causes a lot of customer frustration having to constantly adjust to a "new" program.

Michelle F.
CAD Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: As a whole, Rhumbix by far is the most comprehensive time keeping software we have used. Our field took to this with little resistance as it allows for more efficient time input on a daily basis per crew. We have tried a few other time keeping apps, but they would not let us customize it the way we needed. The Rhumbix team has worked with us to create exactly what we need including integration with our accounting software, Sage. The ease of integration is also a plus.

Avantages: Ease of use for our field personnel via iPads. We have a lot of different codes that our field team uses to properly track each type of task and this makes it very easy for them to do that.

Inconvénients: Our office staff has a slightly less easy time inputting their time. The wed based application is not as user friendly as on the iPad and most of our office staff do not have iPads.

envoyé par Rhumbix le 14/03/2019

That's great to hear your field readily adopted the application and found it easy to enter time. We continue to work on making the web application more robust.

Moder Niagara

Fritz P.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Time entering is simple and fast..... as long as the app has not updated then I need to start from scratch. Like I said as long as payroll is good then my minor issue takes a back seat

Avantages: As long as the payroll department is happy them I’m happy. If it saves them mental stress its all good

Inconvénients: I do not like that I can see other trades cost codes. Also the order in which cost codes appear when multiple jobs are open is not the greatest. Especially if the cost code is the same but the project number is different and both codes appear next to each other.

Rhumbix review

William D.
Prefab Manager / Production Manager
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Rhumbix assists in verifying hours charged to jobs both to projects managers as well as to general contractors who often question the hours charged and rates charged, i.e. journeymen, apprentices.

Avantages: Provides a daily and weekly snapshot of employees hours. The drop down for each employee which shows the breakout of hours for each project worked on, is very helpful for reviewing productivity.

Inconvénients: there seems to be a lot of clicking onto "SAVE", "Save" to retain info. If I forget to hit SAVE and then Save again, the hours do not record. I find myself at times re-doing a days time sheets.

envoyé par Rhumbix le 14/03/2019

We are sorry to hear about the issues with the save button, we will look into what is going on there.

Review

Publié le 11/03/2019
Marcello R.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I really enjoy how easily it has made doing timesheets and the countless time it has saved me.

Avantages: It saves time when doing timesheets and easy to review hours and make changes

Inconvénients: It took a while to navigate to figure out to make a correction to a timesheet once in putted. Also accidentally double hours on worker when I tried to correct it. I eventually corrected it when I reviewed hours worked for the day.
It would be a good feature to be able to take a pic of persons parking and have it attacked to their time.

envoyé par Rhumbix le 14/03/2019

Sounds like entering time for your workers is a much easier process with Rhumbix. Thanks for the feedback on navigation, I'll pass it along to our development team.

Way of the Future

Dustin T.
BIM VDC Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: My overall experience has been very good. If/when there are issues they are very quick to take care of the problem and continue to improve on Rhumbix. I highly recommend this software for any company, large or small.

Avantages: Rhumbix is very accessible and fairly easy to use. I like that it is internet based so I can fill it out anywhere. It is also easy to edit if needed. I haven't had the need to download the App yet, but I'm glad there is one available.

Inconvénients: I used to be very slow and lagged a lot but there were some updates that made it faster and hardly any lag now. As long as it doesn't slow down and start lagging again I can't think of any cons.

Kelly L.
Job Cost Accountant
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Rhumbix is more user friendly for our field employees, which is a major benefit. I like the cost code accrual report but dislike how I can't export it into a pdf. Overall it's an above average experience.

Avantages: It suits my needs and easy to understand.

Inconvénients: Some areas are a little confusing and may be too complex for our older employees. Every once in a while, there's a glitch with something. If I scroll/click too fast, the website freezes (not sure if it's Rhumbix or our server). It may be a bit too detailed on the weekly view side such as the required fields for adding a note. Not being able to change the overall status for an employee is frustrating (when it shows multiple statuses) because I need to change the odd one. I don't like how the cost code accrual report doesn't show a job number.

La stadium

Publié le 19/03/2019
Randy B.
Construction, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: At first it was a little confusing but after one day or so it was actually pretty easy.the one big concern is if you get the date wrong on accident my accounting department doesn’t receive it at all.

Avantages: User friendly once you familiarize yourself with the program,and the ability you edit time cards.

Inconvénients: When filling out time it was changed to where after I add different hours I need to select done instead of entering all of the time simultaneously.

envoyé par Rhumbix le 25/03/2019

Glad you're finding it easy to learn Rhumbix and have found value from the software. Sorry to hear about the editing issue, I'll pass along your feedback to the development team.

New look

Neil B.
General foreman
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall experience with Rhumbix has been positive, customer service is impeccable.
This system has helped reduce office paper work. Electronic filing is a breeze.

Avantages: Over all I Like the new look, some what easy to use. Foremen still have questions on how to use certain features which is easily explained.

Inconvénients: Cannot divide hours among multiple task codes, this is a problem.

Overall a good product, needs some improvements

Publié le 11/03/2019
Nicky H.
Operations Specialist
Construction, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall I am happy with our experience with Rhumbix. I think for the price it would be able to do more that I want it to do.

Avantages: I like that it is easy to import the time to our accounting software. It is fairly easy to make corrections and enter time.

Inconvénients: I do not like the limited parameters on certain features. The fact that it only reads from particular cells in our accounting software. I do not like that time can be entered on jobs that are closed, this creates a lot of problems. I cannot remove team members from projects. I wish that the default job on weekly view would be "All Projects". Under the time entry view I would like it to say the job name not the cost code name.

Rhumbix is a Game Changer!

Publié le 07/03/2019
Jackie K.
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The Rhumbix Team listened to our companies needs and worked diligently to create a file that would successfully import into our payroll / accounting system. By using Rhumbix, we reduced the amount of time it takes to perform payroll by DAYS! The program is very user friendly, our team was up and running the first week without any issues (both the field staff inputting the time and the office staff exporting the time) I cannot speak highly enough of their customer service or the entire Rhumbix Team.

Avantages: The amount of time Rhumbix has saved us in completing our payroll input process. This along with the accuracy of the data being input into our job cost / accounting software. It completely removes the possibility of clerical input error. Other companies claimed they could create the import file, but Rhumbix was the only company that actually could!

Inconvénients: Reporting, there needs to be reporting functions. This is something that is necessary.

envoyé par Rhumbix le 11/03/2019

Jackie, wow your results on Rhumbix are incredible, we're glad to hear you found value in the software so quickly. More comprehensive reporting is on our roadmap, stay tuned!

Ease of use

Bob S.
Supervisor
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: The Edit process did not exist at first, we had to get administrator to do changes.

Avantages: Learning curve is fairly easy, you can input time for multiple employees that are working on the same code.

Inconvénients: When your inputting time for an employee, you can’t do the whole days work all at once if you have multiple codes you have to save change for each code

Forman

Publié le 18/03/2019
Allen H.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Keeps track of time which is instantly relayed to management

Avantages: You don’t have to hand write any time or equipment

Inconvénients: Entering equipment is hard when you use multiple pieces on multiple jobs

envoyé par Rhumbix le 25/03/2019

Glad to hear you're enjoy a digital solution for time and equipment tracking. Thanks for the feedback around equipment, I'll pass it along to our development team.

Cameron Nickerson's review

Cameron N.
Project Engineer
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall the experience with Rhumbix is good. I know for field management it is very good for being able to see all of the workers and walk them through all of the functions that it can do. If they could add a section for how much material they put in and where that would be fantastic.

Avantages: The Ipad and Iphone functionality of this program is incredibly smooth. It is very easy to input your time. The only thing I would add is maybe an option to say who the person was working with or if you can input the amount of material installed or something of that nature.

Inconvénients: The website version seems to crash often and isn't as smooth as the ipad version. Also not having permission can sometimes be an issue if I went to work on another project and need to get transfered.

envoyé par Rhumbix le 14/03/2019

Sounds like your field is loving the Rhumbix application. We continue to work on making the web version more robust.

Almost perfect!!

Publié le 12/03/2019
Michael A.
Plumber forman
Construction, 501-1 000 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: The ability to keep track of my hours and progress easily. I also like how easy it is to submit my time cards!

Inconvénients: I dislike every time the app dose an update, I have to renter all my cost codes and and works. When you have a large crew and are using a lot of different cost codes, this can be a huge inconvenience!

envoyé par Rhumbix le 15/03/2019

It's great to hear you're able to easily submit time cards with Rhumbix. Thanks for the feedback about the updates, we are working to make updates more seamless.

Why it works

Publié le 29/03/2019
David P.
Installer/instructor
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Hours reflected are up to date daily!

Avantages: All imputs are viewable for others to view.
We are able to view and edit.
Able to document all actions including pictures.

Inconvénients: Job names need job numbers associated with them for users to identify.
Currently is not set up this way. Very inconvenient.

Publié le 12/03/2019
Brooke D.
Payroll Administrator
Temps d'utilisation du produit: 1 à 5 mois
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Overall, the switch to Rhumbix from a paper timesheet procedure has been smooth and easy. It has drastically cut down the administration time required for our payroll processes. It has been easy to get even the less tech-savvy of our field staff on board.

Avantages: Time entry is easy for field staff, which makes getting time to payroll much faster. I like the accessibility of being able to go back over past periods to view time. I like the daily and weekly views for easy reviewing of time. Exports work fairly seamlessly so uploading time is easy.

Inconvénients: I would like some pdf printable payroll reports. For example being to print a pdf report of an employees daily, weekly or time-period specific by job, or total hours.
Field staff are somehow able to double up 2 days time into one, resulting in for example, 16 hours in one day. Some thing to prevent this happening would be helpful, as I then have to get them to go back and fix the time. Maybe some sort of alert or special authorization.

Rhumbix review

Jerry t M.
Sheet Metal Foreman

Commentaires: Very satisfied
Once I learned how to use it, turning time in was not complicated.
It has helped me to keep better track of time.

Avantages: The ease of being able to turn in time.
How job can be broke down, enabling job to be tracked better.

Inconvénients: When new app was introduced it had quite a few glitches.
Much better now.

envoyé par Rhumbix le 14/03/2019

It's great to hear you're able to keep track of time better with Rhumbix. Sorry to hear there were a few glitches when you first started, but glad to hear it sounds like it's smoothed out.

Rhumbix for office use

Assistant Controller
Fabrication électrique/électronique, 201-500 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Has cut down our payroll processing time.

Inconvénients: I don't have 100% faith in what is being reported. There is not a good approval system, and duplicating time sheets some times puts time into weird future dates unexpectedly and without the user knowing about it.

envoyé par Rhumbix le 14/03/2019

It's great to hear your spending less time on processing payroll. Sorry to hear you don't have faith in what's being reported, we'd love to explore this more with you to ensure it's addressed properly.

General User review

Publié le 06/03/2019
Alexander L.
BIM/VDC Technician
Construction, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: It's nice to have a database of job numbers and cost codes readily available and not having to memorize or keep looking up cost codes.

Avantages: It's very upfront and user-friendly. Easy to input time.

Inconvénients: it was clunky and slow being web-based previously but seems to have improved in the last 4 months or so.

envoyé par Rhumbix le 11/03/2019

Alexander, workers first is our motto, and it's good to see it comes through in our product. We will continue to scale the technology so it exceeds your expectations.

Time cards simplified

Bruno C.
Lead Locate Techician
Équipements publics, 13-50 employés
Très faible Très élevée

Avantages: Rhumbix has made sending in timesheets and work performed on a daily basis a breeze. The old process was time consuming and a waste of paper. Our billing processing team can now compare the amount of hours billed on one program with the hours inputted into Rhumbix. Great job Rhumbix I hope the owner decides to keep using this service. We love it.

Inconvénients: Set was a bit confusing but like everything else in life, once you learn it it’s easy.

envoyé par Rhumbix le 12/03/2019

Bruno, wow, thanks for the kind review. We sure hope you keep finding value in Rhumbix and continue to use us long term.

Ross M.
Assistant Quality Control Manager
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: I would recommend Rhumbix to any company looking to transition into an easier and cost effective way to code time on a daily basis.

Avantages: User friendly
keeps cost codes you used the day prior
ease of use for AP
Using it on the mobile app is super easy

Inconvénients: The use of Rhumbix on the internet or computer is very time consuming compared to the mobile device app. Have to log cost codes individually in lieu of 10-20 at a time like you can on the mobile app.

envoyé par Rhumbix le 11/03/2019

Ross, great feedback about the web app, we are always looking for ways to improve. Thanks for recommending us as a great option in digitizing paper-based workflows.

Rhumbix

Publié le 25/07/2019
Susan V.
Très faible Très élevée

Commentaires: Re-entry of timesheets has been eliminated so we don't need as much overhead to process payroll weekly.

Avantages: Completing a timesheet is much simpler now that it can be done from a phone, ipad or laptop.
The notes are a great tool to deal with some of the unexpected issues on timesheets like absences.
Quantity tracking also makes it useful for daily production tracking.

Inconvénients: If many cost codes are involved, the search feature does not always work very well.
It would be nice if you could make a CC inactive once its complete to remove it from the drop down list.